- Official support from Google
- Familiar controls and UI for those who already used other products from JetBrains team
- Support of all programming languages you might need during Android development (including Kotlin and Bash)
- It's free!
- It creates whole Android ecosystem within one's machine (i.e. you will see all Android command line tools here, all the updated)
As all the JetBrains products Android Studio consumes lots of resources so your machine has to be powerful enough, especially if you're going to use emulators.
If you're not using Android Studio right now, you should switch to it immediately!
- Development of Android apps
- Development of Android TV apps
- Automated Testing and debugging of the apps
- Manual Testing using emulators