4.5 out of 5
Do you work for Android?

Android Reviews & Product Details

What is Android?

Android is the a globally popular mobile platform. With Android you can use all Google apps, plus thousands of apps and games are available on Google Play.

Android Screenshots

Android Profile Details

Android Profile Details

Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998
@google
20,888,202

Customers Using Android

AMARO
Afixi Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Cbslcsw

Android Reviews

1-50 of 212 total Android reviews

Android Reviews

1-50 of 212 total Android reviews
Android review by John W.
Mr.

"Android the very open OS"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin on the android OS? Well android is super duper simple to use. Like you could teach almost anyone to use it in less than an hour which is great for older folks and people who aren't super tech savvy. I personally like the rooting support on android where you can modify it to your liking. Remove bloatware, and give yourself so much more access to so many features that come pre-locked. Not only is it easy to do but, even if you aren't super tech savvy they have programs that will allow you to do it with a simple button click. Android is awesome and I personally feel it's better than IOS as they attempt to limit a ton of your ability inside the OS.

What do you dislike?

I would have to say one thing I dislike on android would be that they can be infected. This is one thing I will say IOS has over android as android is open source and just about anyone can write a virus for your phone allowing them to do just about anything. This is one huge downfall of android but, personally I've never been infected with one of these virus. I have ran into a adware installer which did install a ton of advertisement programs onto my phone which was very annoying but, other than that you are good.

Ability to be modded to fix business security.

You can remote into them like you could a PC.

Simple to work with so just about any employee can use it.

Android review by Andrew A.
Flex Developer
Computer Hardware
(Myself Only)

"Android overtook iOS"

What do you like best?

I have been using Android since 2014. I started my acquaintance with Android at the time of the Holo interface in KitKat 4.4.4. During this time, managed to get a huge number of updates. Now, as the main phone, I use Meizu M3 Note, on which is a rather old version of android - 5.1. But thanks to the beautiful shell, it is pleasant to use even such an old system.Thus, we come to the first Android “Plus” - full openness of the system. Each user with proper knowledge can create his own firmware and shell for the system, one of which was Flyme from Meizu. My second device is Xioami Mi A1 with a clean android latest version - 9.0. A huge plus of the stock version of the anroid is the beauty of the Design Material used throughout the system.And full compatibility with computers allows you to handle large video / audio / photo files taken on the phone on the computer.In general, I can describe the advantages of this system for a long time, but this review page is simply not enough.

What do you dislike?

First of all, at the moment I am watching the problem of malware, various bombers and other "dark" software.

Secondly, the lack of full-fledged multitasking. This is due to the peculiarities of the architecture and the processor itself, but everything goes to the fact that in the future, Anroid will become a mini-PC

In general, I am very pleased with the system and if it were not for these minor drawbacks - everything would be much more beautiful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the moment, this is one of my main contacts, so all my actions related to communicating with people via the Internet are through telegrams. Thanks to this program, I can advise people and sell them my products many times faster.

I have to work in such conditions under which I constantly need to communicate and contact with people. I use such programs as Telegram, VKontakte, Discord and some others as my main contacts. But since I am not always at my PC at home, I had to solve my problem. And I found it in the mobile versions of the above applications on my phone.

Now I can always communicate with my clients and provide them with technical support as quickly as possible, if such is required.

Android review by Doreen A.
Virtual Assistant
Executive Office

"Android is the smartest"

What do you like best?

I like the applications that android offers. Most of all that it is a mobile operating system developed by Google. The best part of androids offerings is that it is designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. The audio is accessible with live transcribe which helps the employees and customers who are deaf communicate with us whenever needed and much quicker. You can see the words appear on the phone as they are spoken. The new option for flights, hotels and airfare is great for scheduling trips and business trips for our clients who need help last minute or in advance.

What do you dislike?

I dislike absolutely nothing about android. I am and always have been completely satisfied with all google products especially android.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend android to everyone. It is the smartest, simplest and has great benefits of communication for both employee, individual, family and business. Android is a must have for everyone.

The business problems that android is solving is its artificial intelligence baked in to make every phone smarter, simpler and more tailored to each person. This makes each device beneficial to every employee because it is its own.

Android review by Manpreet  K.
Customer service representative

"It is a good app because millions of people use it nowadays!"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is that anybody can use it and it is completely free to use for anyone, anywhere which is great. I like that I can download so many games from a phone for free and enjoy. I like that there are so many games in a Android and it is more high tech with editing gears than apple which make sit the best regarding creativity tools and all. Also, I like the games that download for free form android.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that only certain people can use. Android phone users can use android only and the apple phone users miss out on the technology gearing tools that apple users may not get use. However, I dislike that some apps you have to pay for to use which sucks and I highly dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly enjoy the app more if there were more apps that were free where many more people would use android more.

I am using Android to test out games to play during my spare time and observe the difference of android from apple and test out the tech gear tools to use that many people say are good since apple users lack those tools.

Android review by Mantas D.
IT Specialist

"Stock android is the best OS for mobile phones in my opinion"

What do you like best?

I really like the flexibility of the system. Even if I do not like some of the software which is pre-installed by the vendor (For example, "Samsung" software), I can delete it easily. I can get the root access and change the core elements of the OS. I've used a lot of different Android devices and the best one for me was OnePlus 3T mobile phone. It is just flawless - speed, reliability, battery use, the absence of bloatware and overall quality - all of these points are refined to the edge.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the bloatware implemented by some of the vendors. I had some experience with multiple Android devices and sometimes there are a lot of useless applications that my colleagues neither I need. Sometimes the OS lacks the ability to remove such applications unless rooted. Yet there are a lot of different devices using Android. Also, some of the older devices seem to be intentionally worsened. For example, Samsung Galaxy SIII was a great phone when just released - it worked almost flawlessly yet now it lags so much you can't even complete the simple tasks (For example, Google Maps takes ages to load). I've even tried to restore the Factory defaults and that didn't help much in this case. Yet I'm not 100% sure if the Android or the phone itself is responsible for this. Notifications management should be implemented in the older versions of Android too in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Android to both - experienced users as well as starters. It's easy to use and if you need more capabilities - Linux-based OS such as Android provides you with all tools and functions you might need.

It's not an exception to the Android only, but I really like the ability to tether the internet from mobile data and use the phone as a router. Sometimes I had cases where I need WiFi in the place of a building where the router's signal doesn't reach the devices. I like Google services themselves and use them a lot, so I really like the implementation of Google calendar and syncing between multiple devices. It's easy to use even for an inexperienced user.

Android review by Alana D.
Clinical Research Assistant
Hospital & Health Care

"A well integrated OS"

What do you like best?

I personally really like using Androids. I like that the platform is so customizble, and that I can set it up to my preferences, but I can also help my grandma use it on "easy mode." There's definitely something for everyone. Obviously, Android's biggest competitor is Apple, and it has both wins and losses here. Compared to Apple products, Androids are much more affordable, are available on a wider range of products, and are more customizable. For people with tech skills, this is definitely the preferred platform. As a non-mac user, I find it easier to integrate Android with Windows, and access my files across all my platforms. As much as I complain about bloatware, I do really appreciate the way Google is treated as a native app. I'm a big fan of google products, and I like that gmail and drive are so seamlessly integrated.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint about Android is that, while it is much more customizable than Apple products, Android products come with a TON of bloatware. It's absolutely absurd how much space is taken up by apps and products I neither want, nor need. The bloatware is really frustrating in part because these days, space is a hot (and expensive) commodity. Being promised 8 gigs of memory and only getting 5 because of the amount of bloatware is unacceptable, and I don't know why the platform continues to be set up to allow this. Disregarding that, it's just unnecessary and confusing, especially for the older generation. I helped some of my older family members get set up with Android products, and to them, the concept of redundancy doesn't make any sense. "So just get rid of it if I don't need it." "I can't, sorry." is a frustrating conversation to have. "Why do I need an email app if I have a gmail app?" "I don't know, grandma."Really, get rid of some of the bloatware and Android products will feel as seamless and smooth as apple products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to using technology, you definitely need to keep in mind that Android has not practiced the vertical integration business strategies that Apple has. Android's biggest failures are all pretty directly related to this problem- the existence of bloatware, susceptibility to malware (on Android/Windows collectively, of course), lack of ease of setup/use (for the technologically challenged), etc. I don't think that Android should pursue this vertical integration economic strategy, that would seriously drive up prices. However, I do think it would be wise for them to try and eliminate some of the problems that are related to the broader picture of how products are made and sold.

I don't really use Android a whole lot at my current job, though I occasionally text coworkers during the workday (even though we work in a hospital, everyone gets pagers instead of cell phones, but realistically, cells are much easier to use). In my previous job, where I was a Fulbrighter through the DOS, my phone, tablet, and laptop were indispensable. I was living in rural Malaysia, where very few people own computers and people communicate primarily by phone, especially using apps like Whatsapp, WeChat, and Instagram. I found installation/use of these apps to be simple and navigable, and I was really happy that I was able to use my phone to communicate with my students on a consistent basis.

Android review by Jessica S.
Academic Proofreader and Editor
Writing and Editing

"Android Wins in My Book, Hands Down!"

What do you like best?

Android is updated regularly for free and my Samsung Galaxy phone continues to work without needing to upgrade my hardware. Android is fast and lets me multitask and download and use apps to my hearts content.

What do you dislike?

I am happy with Android and there is nothing I can think of at this moment that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not consider even trying the alternatives to Android. I ignore them all because I know I am using the best that is available.

So many! I can manage all of my freelance work with my Android phone. I can access files on dropbox, respond to messages in Fiverr.com, access photos on google photos to upload to instagram and/or facebook -- not to mention being able to do the basics of phone calls and texting without errors or issues.

Android review by Marco M.

"Android is our favorite mobile OS"

What do you like best?

We accepted to use Android as our main OS for employees' smartphones. It's fast, lightweight, customizable, and has many apps for team collaboration and team control and permissions.

Each operation is very fast, and multitasking helps when you have to send emails, check your calendar, navigate through files that are both on your phone and in cloud storage.

New versions of Android also improve the overall experience, introducing many new and useful features.

What do you dislike?

Android offers more customizations than its counterpart and main competitor iOs, so it's also more prone to errors for bad configurations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android is a great OS, and users are overall satisfied. You really can't go wrong with it. It's completely different from iOs, if you're used to it, but different doesn't mean worse or better. In my opinion it's worth and very recommended.

Our company had to provide smartphones to their employees and Android has been the right solution, we are completely satisfied.

Android review by Ashish C.
content writing manager

"A revolution in the field of mobile platform technology. Android has changed the tech world"

What do you like best?

Android is no doubt one of the best software technologies in the world. It has brought a great solution for the mobile users and has really brought a revolution. High stability, clean and clear user interface, very few bugs and high reliability, these features make Android platform the best. Also the Android app store (Google Play) has countless numbers of applications which make working on Android mobiles very easy and productive.

What do you dislike?

There are a few bugs which I encounter in Android platform mobiles. With some mobiles the system gets hanged when the number of installed apps increase or the mobile memory approaches more than half of the limit. Android should not recommend integration with these hardwares if the system gets failed in load times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for mobile users to use Android phones

There are some good apps available on Android platforms like Skype, Office tools for mobile, Gmail and others which help me in doing office communication on the go.

Android review by Administrator in Construction

"Is it better?"

What do you like best?

Android offers so much more flexibility that most other operating systems do not. Besides the fact you have Swype, you also have so many other apps you can use to personalize your device. I really like that you have the freedom to download basically any app you want and the only limitation is your storage space availability. The play store offers tons of amazing apps, but you can also download apps from the internet (just make sure it's a safe app).

What do you dislike?

I have used Android since it came out and I have yet to find one thing I don't like about it.

We have actually been able to solve a few problems using Android. To begin, there are some great apps out there that facilitate group messaging that allows all our users to participate without worrying about security. Also, I have been able to download several industry specific apps that have helped me figure out things such as square footage and how many gallons of paint or how many sheets of drywall we need for a specific job. I'm able to do all of this whether I'm in the office or at the store. The group messaging allows each contractor to bounce ideas off the other, or help figure out a specific problem. Basically having your computer in your hand has been the best problem solver for many companies.

Android review by User in Higher Education

"Android Small Devices are Best"

What do you like best?

I like that the software gives you option to edit almost every little thing available. While it might seem complicated to some, once you are used to it, it makes life a whole lot easier having complete control over everything. iOS operations seem to be basic without a lot of room for creativity in the organization department.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say that there is nothing I dislike about the android system, and I am preferential to it when it comes to my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software that allows you to make the changes that you want, exactly how you want them, then android is for you.

Android makes it amazingly easy to operate all of my software for business without too much of a hassle, as well as the ability to play with customization. I enjoy being able to set up and connect my phone exactly how I want it, and it is extremely easy to access my files and music incoming and outgoing.

Android review by Juliano F.
Indie Games Developer
Computer Games

"Great for users, good for developers"

What do you like best?

+ If you are a normal user, this is a very friendly system with so many possibilities even if you aren't a expert in use of smartphones;

+ Android is actually a very solid system, but Google continues to improve it even more after each update;

+ It has great integration with other Google's software, like Gmal, Chrome, Google+ and others;

+ It has a really big apps and games library;

+ Many free content and quality premium apps/games too;

+ As a developer, Google has a very good support for you to starting developing on Android platform;

+ If you are a developer, Android has great potential to reach users to your game/app around the World, once Android is very popular on many areas around the globe.

What do you dislike?

- As a developer, actually, it's a real challenge to have some attention on Android official appstore (Google Play Store), because there is so many good apps and games available and most of them, free (for you as a user, this is very good);

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, this is a very good system. You can customized many features on it, to make it good for your daily tasks. With Android you have so many games and apps available and most of them are free, and the premium ones, are very good (in most cases).

As a developer, it's very cheap and easy to develop to it. There is various options to make a game or app for Android, and not only Google's Android Studio, but it is a very saturated platform too. Only a good project could not be the enough to you for getting some attention, you will need a good marketing as well.

As a user i use Android on my smartphone and i'm very happy with it, because it really helps on my daily tasks.

And I'm an indie games developer too, and Android was my first platform that i released my games. and i continue to develop for it until now.

I made this choice because mobile has a great potential to reach users for your creations, it's cheap and it's not very difficult to start developng to it.

Unfortunately this platform is saturated with the amount of game and apps launches that occur every day, and this makes it difficult to get some attention, especially if you are a indie developer and don't have the a lot of money to invest in marketing.

Android review by Matthew Z.
Retired
Religious Institutions

"Only one of two real options in the cell phone area. As light computers, it's great alternative. "

What do you like best?

The breadth of applications for Android is beyond compare. It's likely even larger than IOS since there is the official play store, amazon apps, as well as many 3rd sources. Not all of the apps are good, but there is plenty to find for most any need. The nature of the OS is also that it can fun on many platforms - not just smart phones. This has been a real boon. Finally, as compared to IOS, Android can be had at a lower price point.

What do you dislike?

It's not as clean as IOS. It can be buggy - especially with new updates. It's not uncommon for a new patch to require subsequent updates to take care of unforseen problems. Also, not all patches are available on all devices. My phone runs the newest 7.11, however I used six android smart boxes at work which are limited to androird 4.0 and wont update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that compared to IOS (or even Windows) that Android has many, many different people writing programs for it. Much beyond the native Google programs, you will be on your own. Be ready to find some time fiddling with programs to get them to work the way you want them to (or searching to find the right program for your need).

Beyond the cell phone market which is well known, Andoird also offers small "smart boxes" - basically stripped down pc's runing android software. These boxes make any monitor or TV into a smart tv. We use these at church / non-profit to show power point & video in six different rooms. These smart boxes cost less than $40 ea! So we were able to buy them for less than a single copy of Windows let alone the price of a Mac.

Android review by Bill S.
Freelance Programmer

"Android is a great mobile operating system - and easy to develop for"

What do you like best?

As an app developer it is nice to be able to put together once piece of software and have the huge customer base and ecosystem that Android provides. The support services, such as Play Store, make it even easier to do upsells and other revenue generation components within an app.

Second Android is very user friendly so there isn't a huge learning curve for people new to mobile computing to be able to get up and running.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem with Android is the lack of ability to upgrade the O/S. On many devices Android is "customized" by the device vendor so when a new version is released it can be months (if ever) that you actually get the O/S upgrade. An example of this is I have Android in my car running the navigation and other functions. The company that made the Android device for the car has never upgraded their "customized" version, so it's starting to lack new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Right now when developing applications there are really 2 options - Android and iOS. It is important to consider your audience and start there. It is also important to consider what the needs will be and make sure you can support as many older versions as possible.

From a developers standpoint the biggest "Feature" is the enormous ecosystem provided by Google for Android. When you release an app it's in front of millions of people right away. You don't have to maintain internal infrastructure like you do with a web application and can update and control versions instantly.

Android review by Kurt S.
Aircraft armanent
Defense & Space

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

We use Samsung tablets for work and operate an Android system. It is user friendly, if updates are needed it will automatically pop up and ask, so no going to search for updates. The apps available make it easy to be productive for what I am required to do. I think this would be a great product for someone new to using tablets and the Android operating systems. The Android system is easy to learn and it brings in known programs such as Microsoft Office and Google chrome. I like that I can use these features on this system while using my tablet.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it sometimes looses battery life faster when using the wifi but that might be expected since you are working on it more. I try to keep it turned off if not using the tablet. Overall I can charge once and have it last for a couple of days before having to recharge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Samsung phone, the Android system will operate almost exactly like that on any device, which is great!

Being able to work on the go wherever I am in the world. This system and tablet allow me to stay on top of my work I have realized and it truly saves me from carrying a binder full of papers around, now it is all electronic.

Android review by Olivia R.
Medical Receptionist
Broadcast Media

"Team Android"

What do you like best?

Android is an easy to use operating system that can be examined/learned/manipulated. It is highly customizable and available on a wide variety of products. The open nature of Android creates a different feel for each user which is what I like best.

What do you dislike?

Android recently added a video chat feature to it's call program that does not appear to be universal for each user (unlike facetime for apple).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose team android over apple unless you would like a simple 123 operating system with no room for creativity

I work in an office full of apple products and I am the lone android user. I have found my phone to be more compatible in terms of setting up collaborative functions (google calendar and chat).

Android review by Md Azmain A.
Computer Science Teaching Assistant

"Android over iOS"

What do you like best?

Android is open sourced (to most extent anyways). It is flexible and open, meaning it gives you a lot of option to customize your home screen, buttons etc. You can play around with it and customize the whole phone to your own liking. I always found using Android easier than using iOS. Moreover, testing an Android app in your Android phone is free and super easy, unlike in Iphone where you have to pay to have that use.

What do you dislike?

The Play Store is full of crappy apps. The one thing that Apple has over Android is that each and every app in Apple Store goes through a rigorous quality process which makes sure that the apps are of good quality. Google needs to make the filtering a lot more strict.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not overload your phone with apps. Delete any unused apps as they can clutter the phone. Do not download apps from third parties.

I have an Android phone all my life.

Android review by Tommy S.
Acting Crime Analysis/GIS Supervisor
Law Enforcement

"Very user-friendly and customizable!"

What do you like best?

I switched to Android phones and Android OS from Apple iPhone and iOS. The systems are like night and day. Before, Apple was more secure but now there are so many security patches and regular updates to Android OS, that it has become extremely secure when not rooted. Carriers still control the updates so any new add-ons are filtered through them, so potential for malware to find its way inside the update packet is slim to none. Further, Android allows third-party downloads and non-Play Store apps to be loaded onto the device, whereas a stock iOS device requires all downloads to go through iTunes or the App Store.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes with non-stock Android (i.e. with manufacturer and carrier bloatware) can become bogged down and slow, but this can be alleviated by stopping many of the bloatware apps' processes and disabling updates for them, and by clearing your cache regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want access to a multitude of apps (not as many as Apple has, but is that really a huge factor?), customizable interface, third-party download access, and many security patches and security apps, I'd strongly consider an Android device/Android OS.

Android allows me to seamlessly interface with my Citrix server at work and check my emails, my PeopleSoft leave balance/schedule/calendar, access my Microsoft Office Products, and connect with a select few other work programs.

Android review by Scott M.
DevOps Engineer
Defense & Space

"Best Mobile OS available"

What do you like best?

Android has an excellent interface and exposes truly great APIs for developers. Android has been paving the way for a number of years in creating new smartphone features before the competition, and provides superior user security.

Android has absolutely excellent extensibility and gives developers far more flexibility when developing apps. The Play Store is far less restrictive about what apps you can submit, and more predictable with deployment of new versions. I also find that the 3-button nav bar is far superior to a single button interface.

Android is based on Linux and open source, which makes it extremely robust, and adds a number of useful tools for developers willing to root around in the guts of the OS.

What do you dislike?

Android has traditionally not had the same performance as its main competitor because Google does not control hardware and software, so they can't optimize Android as much as they could otherwise. This is changing with the new Pixel phones.

Android also has issues with manufacturers and carriers bogging down the experience with bloatware and unattractive skins. Only a small number of manufacturers, and phones straight from Google, avoid this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't cheap out on Android devices. Always get high-end hardware if you can, especially the new Pixel phones from Google

My Android phone is an excellent productivity tool, allowing me to manage communication, and even SSH into servers when I'm on the go. The possibilities of what I can do with my Android phone are nearly limitless.

Android review by User

"Many Apps"

What do you like best?

It is possible to find many applications that use this operating system for its operation. Since experts have detected few vulnerabilities in its structure, Android also stands out for its security.

What do you dislike?

The delay of updates. Each time a new version of Android comes out it can take a few months or a year to get to our Smartphone because the manufacturers only focus on the products they currently have leaving aside to what it was a year ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android is good for many apps, so it helps you in different work areas. It very customizable so you can choice what do you prefer for your smartphone.

Android´s browser is more efficient when you are loading any page and that helps me to do my work more efficient, Also, It supports many file formats so I count on it at any time with any file.

Android review by Blake H.
Technical Support Representative

"ANDROID!!!"

What do you like best?

The one thing that I like the best that android delivers that Apple doesn't is the availability to change any aspect of the device with the know how. With android I can install 3rd party apps. I can go into the device and change settings under developer mode. Also, I feel that android is much more windows friendly.

What do you dislike?

There really isnt anything that I specifically dislike about the android itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a fully customizable device, android is the way to go. I like all the integrations that it has especially with input device. I have been able to plug in any usb keyboard/mouse and they work perfectly.

I have two different jobs and I am able to download apps better and easier. Also its easy to get updates and notifications for both jobs.

Android review by Gabriel S.
Adjunct Professor of Psychology
(5001-10,000 employees)

"My Android Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of applications available on the android market. Most of the one's I use are free of charge, which is beneficial to me. I have never used anything other than an android mobile phone for a number of reasons. First of all, android is much easier to navigate than an Apple phone, in my opinion. Android was also first to the punch regarding bigger screens for easier use and greater screen visibility. Second, the internet is easy to navigate on the android device, leading to less frustration with pressing the incorrect links and easy to use zoom features. Lastly, the Android operating system has yet to let me down.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick one thing to dislike, it would be the number of updates required on my device. It seems as if I receive system update notifications every week, which can be frustrating at times when I am trying to complete work on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android is a top-tear product, especially with mobile phones.

Android makes it easier to connect with my colleagues, as well as my students. Without my android device, I would not be able to be as efficient and effective with my communication to those I work with.

Android review by Allen J.
Operations Manager
Construction

"Android Lover"

What do you like best?

Android is very user friendly, less expensive, great operating system. Everything you need at your fingertip. Calenders, numbers, video conferencing, music, web browser, media etc...

What do you dislike?

Can be glitchy and I have noticed the speakers on my androids have more issues than any other phone or tablet I've owned

Able to work from my phone/tablet. Blueprints, spreadsheets, billing, conferences, hour logs, contacts & so much there isn't much I can't do with Android.

Android review by Daniel A.
Cloud Systems Engineer

"Best mobile operating system hands down!"

What do you like best?

What makes Android the very best mobile OS sometimes makes it the worst, but you always take the good with the bad, and when it's so good, it's easy to forgive a little bad. Android OS is easy to use, FULLY featured, and offers apps like the Google Play Store which allow all open apps to develop and publish on the Android platform. EVERYTHING I own is Android for mobile OS.

What do you dislike?

The only issue Android faces is stability. Regretfully one of the major components that directly affect stability is open-source applications. Open source apps have a tendency to lead to error. The OS sometimes has some stability issues, but SMALL price to pay for the benefits it offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android needs to continue focusing on stability. Also, making their OS as fast as possible to compete with Apple. MS will never be able to compete.

I use Android OS in both my personal life and business life. Unlike MS and Apple, the apps I use are readily available in Android. I use thermostat remote control, remote camera monitoring, and security system management. Most of which are not available on MS or Apple.

Android review by Patrick R.
Manager of Development Services

"Android: Capable and Highly Configurable"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Android is its configurability. Using free or inexpensive apps, you can make Android look and do just about anything.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I have experienced is poor battery life. This seems to be the trade-off for configurability. You can make it look just the way you want and do everything you need, but at the cost of only a few hours of up time between charges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android is a great phone OS. iOS is great, but at a high price tag. It has taken a long time to get here, but with Material Design standards implemented over the past couple years, apps look really slick. If you are careful with the types and number of apps you install, it works great. Facebook, Twitter, and other apps that are always checking for status updates a terrible drain on battery. Current flagship models are just as pricey as iPhones, however previous year models are reasonably priced.

Android runs all of the software I need to keep connected when I am out of the office. GMail is my first choice for personal mail, while Outlook works great for keeping in touch with the customers and co-workers. I can install the VPN of my choice to remote back to work or home. Instant message works great in Google Hangouts and Skype.

Android review by Kyle T.
Freelance Bitcoin Writer/Journalist
Writing and Editing

"Android is not as smooth as iOS, but it offers more flexibility to its users."

What do you like best?

Android tends to be more "open" than Apple's iOS. Developers are able to tweak the operating system a bit more with their apps, which leads to unique, useful features such as widgets and Facebook Messenger's chat bubbles. Basically, Android apps are able to take over more control of the entire operating system, which allows them to create features that aren't available on other platforms. In principle, I also tend to favor open-source platforms over their proprietary counterparts.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike about Android is that it is not as smooth as iOS. I currently have a Nexus 5x, and the lag can be unbearable at times. I've also had Android phones that are pretty flawless when it comes to lag, so it may just depend on which phone you get. In general, I like to have a stock Android device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to get an Android phone, make sure to get a high-end device. The high-end Nexus devices are my favorite because they also offer a clean, stock version of Android without any add bloat. Lower-end devices tend to lag and become very annoying quite fast.

Having a smartphone in general is basically mandatory as a journalist. For Android in particular, the widgets can be helpful. I currently have nothing but my calendar and todo list on my homescreen, and I've completely removed apps from there (I have to open the app drawer). Having my list of tasks staring me back in the face whenever I unlock my phone has been helpful for my productivity.

Android review by Trevor C.
Assistant Mens Lacrosse Coach

"WOW Adroid is DOPE"

What do you like best?

Love the home screen and how I can organize apps where I need them. The flexibility and the new app permissions is great too. I like that I can turn things on and off as I need them. I like the fact that I can pick and choose phones and I am not just stuck to one.

What do you dislike?

Lack of quick updates to latest versions. I feel like I was stuck on 4.0 for three years and only now finally guy upgraded to 5.0. Sometimes business app developers are late to make an android app as opposed to an iOS app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for phones to make sure you have one that meets your battery needs.

I generally am working on various emails and text functions. I also work in recruiting so I have to use a variety of functions in a given "transaction." Case in point, I will need to quickly open an email, and then a spread sheet, while texting a colleague, and watching a video int he browser. The android platform allows me to do that quickly and efficiently

Android review by Michelle L.
Research Laboratory Technician/Lead Phlebotomist

"Android for everything!!"

What do you like best?

What do I like about Android? Well....let me count the ways....Android is everywhere and I personally love it and you couldn't pay me enough to switch over to Apple. Apple is overrated. Years ago, when Apple was all the rage, yes I went out and sold my soul and bought my first Ipad. It was fun, had good apps and games but I had serious issues with syncing my music and files and I hated Itunes. But then Android came along and I fell in love. (btw, my 1st generation Ipad is under my bed collecting dust....let me know if you want it, haha)

Android is versatile, and each new update gets better and better. I have Android on my phone, on my work phone, on my computer, on my work computer, on my tablet and also integrates well with the software in my SUV. It's stable, has automatic updates, thousands of apps to choose from in the PlayStore, user friendly, integrates well with our software on our work computers, syncing is a breeze, no more crazy issues of lost files and music and documents that you spent months working on and magically lost somewhere. Interface is smooth, processing speed is good but could be a little faster, a few compatibility issues but nothing major.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above, the processing speed could be faster and I'm sure Android is taking that into account and working on that as we speak. Compatibility issues do arise with older programs and I'm not sure if this is Android problem, but one of things I do hate, is the fact I can't turn my data off in my phone and tablet anymore whenever I want too. Before I could just download an app, press a button and my data could be turned off or on. Now, there are no apps that I know of that are compatible with the new android system that does that.

Android is integrated in our phones we use for work and our portable tablet/laptops we use when traveling. I know we did have our choice of Apple or Android and Android won. We use alot of the business apps for meetings, notes, recording data and stats.

Android review by George William L.
Data Architect & Web Developer
Accounting

"Android is the greatest mobile OS if you want a customisable experience."

What do you like best?

Incredibly Flexible. Love the Material Design. Official app design is mostly internally consistent. Granular control of permissions which are gave to apps.

Use it all the time.

What do you dislike?

Some official apps still not consistent in design. Prone to memory errors. Android store moderation is poor for dodgy knock-off apps.

Unremovable (without voiding warranty) Bloat-ware installed by some providers of the OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you want high levels of customisation and a consistent design.

Not as good as ipod for music and photography, but that depends entirely on your device.

I can say that it makes my daily life easier with the multitude of applications that are available and how well they talk to each other.

I use it near constantly, it's one of those things that rather than being a tool, it's integral to my life.

I don't really have business use for it.

Android review by Keely B.
Intern
Civil Engineering

"My preferred operating system"

What do you like best?

Ease of access, wide range of compatibility with apps and programs, easily up-gradable, significantly cheaper than many other options, easily customization with a wide range of options, and the ability to have multiple apps and windows open in separate "tabs".

What do you dislike?

Android products do come with a lot of pre-installed apps and software that you might not need or want, but you can't remove, which wastes space. Android products also don't have as many accessories as offered by other similar platforms, such as docking platforms, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android offers much more flexibility, customization, and creativity, particularly in design and development industries. They can also be more cost effective from a purchasing standpoint, and are easy to troubleshoot if difficulties do arrive.

It provides a great opportunity to have almost all the abilities of your computer in a much smaller device, the ability to customize it to your needs, and a wide range of apps are available. The ability to download documents from emails, such as word or powerpoint documents, edit (or create!) them on your phone, and then send them out again is always handy. Also, when you download items or create them, the Android system pre sorts them into the appropriate places, such as documents, photos, sound clips, etc.

Android review by Jeremy H.
Sr. Web Developer
Financial Services

"Still the Best Option In My Opinion"

What do you like best?

The openness, reliability and cost. I find it to be the type of phone OS I would build if I were in that position.

What do you dislike?

The market is a little cluttered and some of the apps available are a little "sub-par" so you have to be a little more careful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Even if you're used to iOS. There's nothing wrong with it and a lot of the functionality is the same. It's no harder than learning to use iOS you just have to spend the time and get over your fear of change.

Massively increasing the usability of what used to be a very limited, "dumb" device.

Android review by Elizabeth C.
Owner

"Longtime Android lover! "

What do you like best?

The ability to customize every tiny aspect of my phone or tablet is amazing!!

What do you dislike?

Some of the devices that use android are not well enough hardware backed.

Which in turn turns into many complaints in the app store about stuff that isn't the developers fault, its the hard ware not being robust enough.

Cannot really take those low end devices away because then not everyone would be able to afford an android device, which is kind of a huge draw to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None at the moment

With my Android phone, I can work where ever I am, keep in touch with customers, employees, log hours, create documents, blow off steam (play a game or two :D ) I even can do website fixes on the fly if need be.

Android review by User in Information Technology and Services

"After having an iPhone forever I switched to Android, and ended up switching back. "

What do you like best?

I think there are some great features within Android such as their visual display and ability to customize more than an iOS platform. The visuals are impressive, and the categorization quality that allows users to categorize apps, etc into certain folders.

What do you dislike?

There's just too much confusion in how certain things work versus how they should work. I think the alarm is a bit confusing for someone switching from iOS. I think adding in SO many features - trying to outshine iOS, has been detrimental. The camera app is terrible compared to ios, so is integration with some music apps that users use on a frequent basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform may be more beneficial to some rather than others. Using a A MacBook Pro for my business needs the integration of iOS is much easier than Android. Android gave me many headaches while trying to make my entire experience via technology more seamless.

Honestly, there are not many business problems I solved using Android. There were some benefits, I do think their mail integration was good...not great... but good.

Android review by Shahbaz T.
Magento Developer
Retail

"Android is perfect for all those techies that want something that works and also love customisation!"

What do you like best?

Android is amazingly customisable, fast and fluid. The entire Android ecosystem is comfortable for business use and fun for personal use. I have yet to come across a scenario where Android is not the best OS for the job.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike apart from stock Android experience is hard to come by unless you buy Googles Nexus/Pixel devices or the second closest Moto devices. Saying this however Samsung have upped their software game with Samsung S8/S8+ and the experience is near enough on par.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you feel iPhone is amazing, then you should definitely give Android a shot. It may take a short while to get used to, but once you're used it then there is no going back.

Communication, time tracking, calendar, maps, etc.

Android review by User in Supermarkets

"Very practical for my line of work"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and most like a PC, which I use on a daily basis. I enjoy being able to use all of the social media outlets quickly and simultaneously, something vitally important to my position. I like that the phones are customizable and have lots of options. I was an Apple user previously at another position, so switching to Android was a breath of fresh air and I enjoy using it vastly more than Apple.

What do you dislike?

The price of the devices is too expensive to be economically friendly for users just starting out in their jobs. I would like to have a larger internal hard drive, so I can store more photos (a vital part of my business).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider what you want out of a phone. Speed? Storage? The ability to do multiple things at once, with ease switching between them? Android has all of those things. They also have many choices and ways you can customize your experience with Android, with different models and sizes and colors galore. The phones themselves are expensive, but all phones are currently, and I feel like Android is more bang for your buck.

Pricing, image sourcing, scheduling. The benefit of having all of that ability at my fingertips at any time.

Android review by Veronica G.
Administrative Assistant I

"My review on Android"

What do you like best?

The ease of access for both a cell phone and a tablet.

What do you dislike?

Most android products are combined with Google apps and there are times that Google Play doesn't load correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Android is way easier than using versus Apple or Windows. I have tried Apple products before and I just didn't like it versus using Android interfaces.

I have solved all kinds of problems by using Android products vs. other products. I can access my email, calendar, documents much easier than I could before.

Android review by Joe C.
Programmer Analyst
Government Administration

"Slow at times but worth its power and stability"

What do you like best?

I like how its fast when loading programs. I admit its launches my programs and apps fast.

Its design is unique where the user can manipulate but lacks in design.

I think its perfect for tablets and smart phones. I think its perfect for video playing, and surfing the web.

I like that Android has its security, display options, applications and just like many popular OS, the basic applications and settings of a normal OS. Example, wifi, bluetooth, user security, backups, accounts, network configurations.

Mobile Features is awesome. perfect for quick configure and lockout any unwanted items.

Easy to use interface. Not very heavy on memory and graphics. So cost won't be a problem, when using heavy applications as a daily use for the office and field work. Mobile applications work great. some do need improving but what doesn't these days.

If problems were to arise, troubleshooting is easy. nothing really is needed to configure and most of the time, a simple restart does help fix the common problem issues.

What do you dislike?

As much as i hate to admit, in my opinion, i feel it needs more of a wow factor. when i use it, i know my limitations. I would like to see more advancements in its firmware updates, networking features and GUI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Verify that applications are cross platform compatible. some don't play well with others.

cross platform with multiple software from vendors. limited on applications but great on online applications for fieldwork.

Android review by User in Telecommunications

"Android The New Game "

What do you like best?

Android has really been the game changer. It has revolutionized the mobile industry, the PC industry and the way we used to look at the communication means. It has pimped up almost every thing plus the source code deal, it has really given a tough competition to the world out there.

What do you dislike?

Although Android has taken things to the next level, overall security of the android system can be further enhanced as compared to other options available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall security of the resources is something that needs to be looked into otherwise Android is a Giant now. and one expects to see enhanced measures being put in place.

China Mobile being a big player in the cellular world is driven by the merits of this products. It has opened new doors for IOTs and OTT players and demands for a unified platform now. players all around the globe are now venturing to look for newer markets and newer untapped potentials to be in the game.

Android review by André M.

"Open source operating system"

What do you like best?

It is open source, developed by Google and also based on Linux. This allows anyone with the necessary knowledge to download and play with it, and this is why we have some great alternative versions based on Android like CyanogenMod. The integration with all Google services is also great.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately some vendors (Samsung, LG and so on) take quite some time to release their version of Android to their devices, so some devices are way behind the last version and some are not supported anymore and you'll have to stick with an older version of Android, even knowing that the hardware is fully capable of handling new versions.

Another point is that Android is quite generic: one OS fits many devices. Apple, in the other hand, has control of both software and hardware. So if you compare the performance (memory management for instance), Android won't be as good as iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android iterates fast, so there are always new updates being released. The only problem is that some vendors take some time to release it to their devices. If you want to always have the most version of Android, go with a Nexus device.

The integration and synchronization of all Google services makes the transition from mobile to PC seamless. You can also have a good Android experience with mid-range phones, which are more affordable.

Android review by Theona .
Secretary
Events Services

"Highly personalisable but slower in time"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can personalise a lot: wallpapers, menu icons, ringtones, vibrations, I can change almost everything. It is the most personal operating system I have ever used! Furthermore, I just love assistant functions! Google Now makes my life easier! With just one touch, I know everything I need: movie screenings at the nearby cinemas, currency from pound to whatever, weather at my current location and at home, future flights and trips. It is absolutely amazing! I find it very easy to use and I believe this is a plus! Also, there are lots of apps for it, most of them free, which is great!

What do you dislike?

Well, the one and only thing I really dislike about this product is that it is really slower in time. When it's new, it moves so so so fast, exactly like promised. But after a year or two, even with the updates, it starts being soooooooooooo slow.....

I would like a split view as iOS recently reveloped in order to help me multitask.

Also, the minimize apps button needs serious changes!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is amazing! Easy to use, fast, meets every requirement and also it's so personal! Using this is a delight in the first couple of months, but after a while it tends to degrade....

Great apps for free (most of them), Google Now is like your secretary, tells you EVERYTHING you need to know, it is just great!

I am a student and I like trying out new things. Android is one of the best systems I have ever used and I find it very helpful.

Android review by Estrella V.
Cash room specialist

"Easy to customize "

What do you like best?

Android has a much friendly platform than other operative systems. If you need flash, you can download it freely with photon browser. Apple platforms are kinda difficult to customize...in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

Is not a bid deal because of antiviruses, but just being prone to getting viruses it kinda gets you. But again, not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android is an easy system. Apple products have to many 'donts'. In android you have plenty of useful apps and free of charge .

The easiness to find information just by having an easy platform. I use my android phone for everything. It's just like a desktop but in little casing.

Android review by Pablo S. V.
CEO