Android

Android is the a globally popular mobile platform. With Android you can use all Google apps, plus thousands of apps and games are available on Google Play.

Work for Android?

Learning about Android?

Android Reviews

Showing 197 Android reviews
Android review by <span>Mantas D.</span>
Mantas D.

Stock android is the best OS for mobile phones in my opinion

What do you like best?

I really like the flexibility of the system. Even if I do not like some of the software which is pre-installed by the vendor (For example, "Samsung" software), I can delete it easily. I can get the root access and change the core elements of the OS. I've used a lot of different Android devices and the best one for me was OnePlus 3T mobile phone. It is just flawless - speed, reliability, battery use, the absence of bloatware and overall quality - all of these points are refined to the edge.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the bloatware implemented by some of the vendors. I had some experience with multiple Android devices and sometimes there are a lot of useless applications that my colleagues neither I need. Sometimes the OS lacks the ability to remove such applications unless rooted. Yet there are a lot of different devices using Android. Also, some of the older devices seem to be intentionally worsened. For example, Samsung Galaxy SIII was a great phone when just released - it worked almost flawlessly yet now it lags so much you can't even complete the simple tasks (For example, Google Maps takes ages to load). I've even tried to restore the Factory defaults and that didn't help much in this case. Yet I'm not 100% sure if the Android or the phone itself is responsible for this. Notifications management should be implemented in the older versions of Android too in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Android to both - experienced users as well as starters. It's easy to use and if you need more capabilities - Linux-based OS such as Android provides you with all tools and functions you might need.

It's not an exception to the Android only, but I really like the ability to tether the internet from mobile data and use the phone as a router. Sometimes I had cases where I need WiFi in the place of a building where the router's signal doesn't reach the devices. I like Google services themselves and use them a lot, so I really like the implementation of Google calendar and syncing between multiple devices. It's easy to use even for an inexperienced user.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Android
Android review by <span>Alana D.</span>
Alana D.

A well integrated OS

What do you like best?

I personally really like using Androids. I like that the platform is so customizble, and that I can set it up to my preferences, but I can also help my grandma use it on "easy mode." There's definitely something for everyone. Obviously, Android's biggest competitor is Apple, and it has both wins and losses here. Compared to Apple products, Androids are much more affordable, are available on a wider range of products, and are more customizable. For people with tech skills, this is definitely the preferred platform. As a non-mac user, I find it easier to integrate Android with Windows, and access my files across all my platforms. As much as I complain about bloatware, I do really appreciate the way Google is treated as a native app. I'm a big fan of google products, and I like that gmail and drive are so seamlessly integrated.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint about Android is that, while it is much more customizable than Apple products, Android products come with a TON of bloatware. It's absolutely absurd how much space is taken up by apps and products I neither want, nor need. The bloatware is really frustrating in part because these days, space is a hot (and expensive) commodity. Being promised 8 gigs of memory and only getting 5 because of the amount of bloatware is unacceptable, and I don't know why the platform continues to be set up to allow this. Disregarding that, it's just unnecessary and confusing, especially for the older generation. I helped some of my older family members get set up with Android products, and to them, the concept of redundancy doesn't make any sense. "So just get rid of it if I don't need it." "I can't, sorry." is a frustrating conversation to have. "Why do I need an email app if I have a gmail app?" "I don't know, grandma."Really, get rid of some of the bloatware and Android products will feel as seamless and smooth as apple products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to using technology, you definitely need to keep in mind that Android has not practiced the vertical integration business strategies that Apple has. Android's biggest failures are all pretty directly related to this problem- the existence of bloatware, susceptibility to malware (on Android/Windows collectively, of course), lack of ease of setup/use (for the technologically challenged), etc. I don't think that Android should pursue this vertical integration economic strategy, that would seriously drive up prices. However, I do think it would be wise for them to try and eliminate some of the problems that are related to the broader picture of how products are made and sold.

I don't really use Android a whole lot at my current job, though I occasionally text coworkers during the workday (even though we work in a hospital, everyone gets pagers instead of cell phones, but realistically, cells are much easier to use). In my previous job, where I was a Fulbrighter through the DOS, my phone, tablet, and laptop were indispensable. I was living in rural Malaysia, where very few people own computers and people communicate primarily by phone, especially using apps like Whatsapp, WeChat, and Instagram. I found installation/use of these apps to be simple and navigable, and I was really happy that I was able to use my phone to communicate with my students on a consistent basis.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Android review by <span>Jessica S.</span>
Jessica S.

Android Wins in My Book, Hands Down!

What do you like best?

Android is updated regularly for free and my Samsung Galaxy phone continues to work without needing to upgrade my hardware. Android is fast and lets me multitask and download and use apps to my hearts content.

What do you dislike?

I am happy with Android and there is nothing I can think of at this moment that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not consider even trying the alternatives to Android. I ignore them all because I know I am using the best that is available.

So many! I can manage all of my freelance work with my Android phone. I can access files on dropbox, respond to messages in Fiverr.com, access photos on google photos to upload to instagram and/or facebook -- not to mention being able to do the basics of phone calls and texting without errors or issues.

Android review by <span>Ashish C.</span>
Ashish C.

A revolution in the field of mobile platform technology. Android has changed the tech world

What do you like best?

Android is no doubt one of the best software technologies in the world. It has brought a great solution for the mobile users and has really brought a revolution. High stability, clean and clear user interface, very few bugs and high reliability, these features make Android platform the best. Also the Android app store (Google Play) has countless numbers of applications which make working on Android mobiles very easy and productive.

What do you dislike?

There are a few bugs which I encounter in Android platform mobiles. With some mobiles the system gets hanged when the number of installed apps increase or the mobile memory approaches more than half of the limit. Android should not recommend integration with these hardwares if the system gets failed in load times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for mobile users to use Android phones

There are some good apps available on Android platforms like Skype, Office tools for mobile, Gmail and others which help me in doing office communication on the go.

Android review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

Is it better?

What do you like best?

Android offers so much more flexibility that most other operating systems do not. Besides the fact you have Swype, you also have so many other apps you can use to personalize your device. I really like that you have the freedom to download basically any app you want and the only limitation is your storage space availability. The play store offers tons of amazing apps, but you can also download apps from the internet (just make sure it's a safe app).

What do you dislike?

I have used Android since it came out and I have yet to find one thing I don't like about it.

We have actually been able to solve a few problems using Android. To begin, there are some great apps out there that facilitate group messaging that allows all our users to participate without worrying about security. Also, I have been able to download several industry specific apps that have helped me figure out things such as square footage and how many gallons of paint or how many sheets of drywall we need for a specific job. I'm able to do all of this whether I'm in the office or at the store. The group messaging allows each contractor to bounce ideas off the other, or help figure out a specific problem. Basically having your computer in your hand has been the best problem solver for many companies.

Android review by <span>Jeremy H.</span>
Jeremy H.

Still the Best Option In My Opinion

What do you like best?

The openness, reliability and cost. I find it to be the type of phone OS I would build if I were in that position.

What do you dislike?

The market is a little cluttered and some of the apps available are a little "sub-par" so you have to be a little more careful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Even if you're used to iOS. There's nothing wrong with it and a lot of the functionality is the same. It's no harder than learning to use iOS you just have to spend the time and get over your fear of change.

Massively increasing the usability of what used to be a very limited, "dumb" device.

Learning about Android?

* We monitor all Android reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.