Android

Android is the a globally popular mobile platform. With Android you can use all Google apps, plus thousands of apps and games are available on Google Play.

Work for Android?

Learning about Android?

Android Reviews

Showing 205 Android reviews
Android review by Mantas D.
Mantas D.

"Stock android is the best OS for mobile phones in my opinion"

What do you like best?

I really like the flexibility of the system. Even if I do not like some of the software which is pre-installed by the vendor (For example, "Samsung" software), I can delete it easily. I can get the root access and change the core elements of the OS. I've used a lot of different Android devices and the best one for me was OnePlus 3T mobile phone. It is just flawless - speed, reliability, battery use, the absence of bloatware and overall quality - all of these points are refined to the edge.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike the bloatware implemented by some of the vendors. I had some experience with multiple Android devices and sometimes there are a lot of useless applications that my colleagues neither I need. Sometimes the OS lacks the ability to remove such applications unless rooted. Yet there are a lot of different devices using Android. Also, some of the older devices seem to be intentionally worsened. For example, Samsung Galaxy SIII was a great phone when just released - it worked almost flawlessly yet now it lags so much you can't even complete the simple tasks (For example, Google Maps takes ages to load). I've even tried to restore the Factory defaults and that didn't help much in this case. Yet I'm not 100% sure if the Android or the phone itself is responsible for this. Notifications management should be implemented in the older versions of Android too in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Android to both - experienced users as well as starters. It's easy to use and if you need more capabilities - Linux-based OS such as Android provides you with all tools and functions you might need.

It's not an exception to the Android only, but I really like the ability to tether the internet from mobile data and use the phone as a router. Sometimes I had cases where I need WiFi in the place of a building where the router's signal doesn't reach the devices. I like Google services themselves and use them a lot, so I really like the implementation of Google calendar and syncing between multiple devices. It's easy to use even for an inexperienced user.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Android
Android review by John W.
John W.

"Android the very open OS"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin on the android OS? Well android is super duper simple to use. Like you could teach almost anyone to use it in less than an hour which is great for older folks and people who aren't super tech savvy. I personally like the rooting support on android where you can modify it to your liking. Remove bloatware, and give yourself so much more access to so many features that come pre-locked. Not only is it easy to do but, even if you aren't super tech savvy they have programs that will allow you to do it with a simple button click. Android is awesome and I personally feel it's better than IOS as they attempt to limit a ton of your ability inside the OS.

What do you dislike?

I would have to say one thing I dislike on android would be that they can be infected. This is one thing I will say IOS has over android as android is open source and just about anyone can write a virus for your phone allowing them to do just about anything. This is one huge downfall of android but, personally I've never been infected with one of these virus. I have ran into a adware installer which did install a ton of advertisement programs onto my phone which was very annoying but, other than that you are good.

Ability to be modded to fix business security.

You can remote into them like you could a PC.

Simple to work with so just about any employee can use it.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Android review by Alana D.
Alana D.

"A well integrated OS"

What do you like best?

I personally really like using Androids. I like that the platform is so customizble, and that I can set it up to my preferences, but I can also help my grandma use it on "easy mode." There's definitely something for everyone. Obviously, Android's biggest competitor is Apple, and it has both wins and losses here. Compared to Apple products, Androids are much more affordable, are available on a wider range of products, and are more customizable. For people with tech skills, this is definitely the preferred platform. As a non-mac user, I find it easier to integrate Android with Windows, and access my files across all my platforms. As much as I complain about bloatware, I do really appreciate the way Google is treated as a native app. I'm a big fan of google products, and I like that gmail and drive are so seamlessly integrated.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint about Android is that, while it is much more customizable than Apple products, Android products come with a TON of bloatware. It's absolutely absurd how much space is taken up by apps and products I neither want, nor need. The bloatware is really frustrating in part because these days, space is a hot (and expensive) commodity. Being promised 8 gigs of memory and only getting 5 because of the amount of bloatware is unacceptable, and I don't know why the platform continues to be set up to allow this. Disregarding that, it's just unnecessary and confusing, especially for the older generation. I helped some of my older family members get set up with Android products, and to them, the concept of redundancy doesn't make any sense. "So just get rid of it if I don't need it." "I can't, sorry." is a frustrating conversation to have. "Why do I need an email app if I have a gmail app?" "I don't know, grandma."Really, get rid of some of the bloatware and Android products will feel as seamless and smooth as apple products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to using technology, you definitely need to keep in mind that Android has not practiced the vertical integration business strategies that Apple has. Android's biggest failures are all pretty directly related to this problem- the existence of bloatware, susceptibility to malware (on Android/Windows collectively, of course), lack of ease of setup/use (for the technologically challenged), etc. I don't think that Android should pursue this vertical integration economic strategy, that would seriously drive up prices. However, I do think it would be wise for them to try and eliminate some of the problems that are related to the broader picture of how products are made and sold.

I don't really use Android a whole lot at my current job, though I occasionally text coworkers during the workday (even though we work in a hospital, everyone gets pagers instead of cell phones, but realistically, cells are much easier to use). In my previous job, where I was a Fulbrighter through the DOS, my phone, tablet, and laptop were indispensable. I was living in rural Malaysia, where very few people own computers and people communicate primarily by phone, especially using apps like Whatsapp, WeChat, and Instagram. I found installation/use of these apps to be simple and navigable, and I was really happy that I was able to use my phone to communicate with my students on a consistent basis.

Android review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

"Android Wins in My Book, Hands Down!"

What do you like best?

Android is updated regularly for free and my Samsung Galaxy phone continues to work without needing to upgrade my hardware. Android is fast and lets me multitask and download and use apps to my hearts content.

What do you dislike?

I am happy with Android and there is nothing I can think of at this moment that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not consider even trying the alternatives to Android. I ignore them all because I know I am using the best that is available.

So many! I can manage all of my freelance work with my Android phone. I can access files on dropbox, respond to messages in Fiverr.com, access photos on google photos to upload to instagram and/or facebook -- not to mention being able to do the basics of phone calls and texting without errors or issues.

Android review by Marco M.
Marco M.

"Android is our favorite mobile OS"

What do you like best?

We accepted to use Android as our main OS for employees' smartphones. It's fast, lightweight, customizable, and has many apps for team collaboration and team control and permissions.

Each operation is very fast, and multitasking helps when you have to send emails, check your calendar, navigate through files that are both on your phone and in cloud storage.

New versions of Android also improve the overall experience, introducing many new and useful features.

What do you dislike?

Android offers more customizations than its counterpart and main competitor iOs, so it's also more prone to errors for bad configurations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android is a great OS, and users are overall satisfied. You really can't go wrong with it. It's completely different from iOs, if you're used to it, but different doesn't mean worse or better. In my opinion it's worth and very recommended.

Our company had to provide smartphones to their employees and Android has been the right solution, we are completely satisfied.

Android review by Ashish C.
Ashish C.

"A revolution in the field of mobile platform technology. Android has changed the tech world"

What do you like best?

Android is no doubt one of the best software technologies in the world. It has brought a great solution for the mobile users and has really brought a revolution. High stability, clean and clear user interface, very few bugs and high reliability, these features make Android platform the best. Also the Android app store (Google Play) has countless numbers of applications which make working on Android mobiles very easy and productive.

What do you dislike?

There are a few bugs which I encounter in Android platform mobiles. With some mobiles the system gets hanged when the number of installed apps increase or the mobile memory approaches more than half of the limit. Android should not recommend integration with these hardwares if the system gets failed in load times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for mobile users to use Android phones

There are some good apps available on Android platforms like Skype, Office tools for mobile, Gmail and others which help me in doing office communication on the go.

Android review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Is it better?"

What do you like best?

Android offers so much more flexibility that most other operating systems do not. Besides the fact you have Swype, you also have so many other apps you can use to personalize your device. I really like that you have the freedom to download basically any app you want and the only limitation is your storage space availability. The play store offers tons of amazing apps, but you can also download apps from the internet (just make sure it's a safe app).

What do you dislike?

I have used Android since it came out and I have yet to find one thing I don't like about it.

We have actually been able to solve a few problems using Android. To begin, there are some great apps out there that facilitate group messaging that allows all our users to participate without worrying about security. Also, I have been able to download several industry specific apps that have helped me figure out things such as square footage and how many gallons of paint or how many sheets of drywall we need for a specific job. I'm able to do all of this whether I'm in the office or at the store. The group messaging allows each contractor to bounce ideas off the other, or help figure out a specific problem. Basically having your computer in your hand has been the best problem solver for many companies.

Android review by User in Higher Education

"Android Small Devices are Best"

What do you like best?

I like that the software gives you option to edit almost every little thing available. While it might seem complicated to some, once you are used to it, it makes life a whole lot easier having complete control over everything. iOS operations seem to be basic without a lot of room for creativity in the organization department.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say that there is nothing I dislike about the android system, and I am preferential to it when it comes to my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software that allows you to make the changes that you want, exactly how you want them, then android is for you.

Android makes it amazingly easy to operate all of my software for business without too much of a hassle, as well as the ability to play with customization. I enjoy being able to set up and connect my phone exactly how I want it, and it is extremely easy to access my files and music incoming and outgoing.

Android review by Juliano F.
Juliano F.

"Great for users, good for developers"

What do you like best?

+ If you are a normal user, this is a very friendly system with so many possibilities even if you aren't a expert in use of smartphones;

+ Android is actually a very solid system, but Google continues to improve it even more after each update;

+ It has great integration with other Google's software, like Gmal, Chrome, Google+ and others;

+ It has a really big apps and games library;

+ Many free content and quality premium apps/games too;

+ As a developer, Google has a very good support for you to starting developing on Android platform;

+ If you are a developer, Android has great potential to reach users to your game/app around the World, once Android is very popular on many areas around the globe.

What do you dislike?

- As a developer, actually, it's a real challenge to have some attention on Android official appstore (Google Play Store), because there is so many good apps and games available and most of them, free (for you as a user, this is very good);

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, this is a very good system. You can customized many features on it, to make it good for your daily tasks. With Android you have so many games and apps available and most of them are free, and the premium ones, are very good (in most cases).

As a developer, it's very cheap and easy to develop to it. There is various options to make a game or app for Android, and not only Google's Android Studio, but it is a very saturated platform too. Only a good project could not be the enough to you for getting some attention, you will need a good marketing as well.

As a user i use Android on my smartphone and i'm very happy with it, because it really helps on my daily tasks.

And I'm an indie games developer too, and Android was my first platform that i released my games. and i continue to develop for it until now.

I made this choice because mobile has a great potential to reach users for your creations, it's cheap and it's not very difficult to start developng to it.

Unfortunately this platform is saturated with the amount of game and apps launches that occur every day, and this makes it difficult to get some attention, especially if you are a indie developer and don't have the a lot of money to invest in marketing.

Android review by Matthew Z.
Matthew Z.

"Only one of two real options in the cell phone area. As light computers, it's great alternative. "

What do you like best?

The breadth of applications for Android is beyond compare. It's likely even larger than IOS since there is the official play store, amazon apps, as well as many 3rd sources. Not all of the apps are good, but there is plenty to find for most any need. The nature of the OS is also that it can fun on many platforms - not just smart phones. This has been a real boon. Finally, as compared to IOS, Android can be had at a lower price point.

What do you dislike?

It's not as clean as IOS. It can be buggy - especially with new updates. It's not uncommon for a new patch to require subsequent updates to take care of unforseen problems. Also, not all patches are available on all devices. My phone runs the newest 7.11, however I used six android smart boxes at work which are limited to androird 4.0 and wont update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that compared to IOS (or even Windows) that Android has many, many different people writing programs for it. Much beyond the native Google programs, you will be on your own. Be ready to find some time fiddling with programs to get them to work the way you want them to (or searching to find the right program for your need).

Beyond the cell phone market which is well known, Andoird also offers small "smart boxes" - basically stripped down pc's runing android software. These boxes make any monitor or TV into a smart tv. We use these at church / non-profit to show power point & video in six different rooms. These smart boxes cost less than $40 ea! So we were able to buy them for less than a single copy of Windows let alone the price of a Mac.

Android review by Bill S.
Bill S.

"Android is a great mobile operating system - and easy to develop for"

What do you like best?

As an app developer it is nice to be able to put together once piece of software and have the huge customer base and ecosystem that Android provides. The support services, such as Play Store, make it even easier to do upsells and other revenue generation components within an app.

Second Android is very user friendly so there isn't a huge learning curve for people new to mobile computing to be able to get up and running.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem with Android is the lack of ability to upgrade the O/S. On many devices Android is "customized" by the device vendor so when a new version is released it can be months (if ever) that you actually get the O/S upgrade. An example of this is I have Android in my car running the navigation and other functions. The company that made the Android device for the car has never upgraded their "customized" version, so it's starting to lack new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Right now when developing applications there are really 2 options - Android and iOS. It is important to consider your audience and start there. It is also important to consider what the needs will be and make sure you can support as many older versions as possible.

From a developers standpoint the biggest "Feature" is the enormous ecosystem provided by Google for Android. When you release an app it's in front of millions of people right away. You don't have to maintain internal infrastructure like you do with a web application and can update and control versions instantly.

Android review by Kurt S.
Kurt S.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

We use Samsung tablets for work and operate an Android system. It is user friendly, if updates are needed it will automatically pop up and ask, so no going to search for updates. The apps available make it easy to be productive for what I am required to do. I think this would be a great product for someone new to using tablets and the Android operating systems. The Android system is easy to learn and it brings in known programs such as Microsoft Office and Google chrome. I like that I can use these features on this system while using my tablet.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it sometimes looses battery life faster when using the wifi but that might be expected since you are working on it more. I try to keep it turned off if not using the tablet. Overall I can charge once and have it last for a couple of days before having to recharge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Samsung phone, the Android system will operate almost exactly like that on any device, which is great!

Being able to work on the go wherever I am in the world. This system and tablet allow me to stay on top of my work I have realized and it truly saves me from carrying a binder full of papers around, now it is all electronic.

Android review by Olivia R.
Olivia R.

"Team Android"

What do you like best?

Android is an easy to use operating system that can be examined/learned/manipulated. It is highly customizable and available on a wide variety of products. The open nature of Android creates a different feel for each user which is what I like best.

What do you dislike?

Android recently added a video chat feature to it's call program that does not appear to be universal for each user (unlike facetime for apple).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose team android over apple unless you would like a simple 123 operating system with no room for creativity

I work in an office full of apple products and I am the lone android user. I have found my phone to be more compatible in terms of setting up collaborative functions (google calendar and chat).

Android review by Md Azmain A.
Md Azmain A.

"Android over iOS"

What do you like best?

Android is open sourced (to most extent anyways). It is flexible and open, meaning it gives you a lot of option to customize your home screen, buttons etc. You can play around with it and customize the whole phone to your own liking. I always found using Android easier than using iOS. Moreover, testing an Android app in your Android phone is free and super easy, unlike in Iphone where you have to pay to have that use.

What do you dislike?

The Play Store is full of crappy apps. The one thing that Apple has over Android is that each and every app in Apple Store goes through a rigorous quality process which makes sure that the apps are of good quality. Google needs to make the filtering a lot more strict.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not overload your phone with apps. Delete any unused apps as they can clutter the phone. Do not download apps from third parties.

I have an Android phone all my life.

Android review by Tommy S.
Tommy S.

"Very user-friendly and customizable!"

What do you like best?

I switched to Android phones and Android OS from Apple iPhone and iOS. The systems are like night and day. Before, Apple was more secure but now there are so many security patches and regular updates to Android OS, that it has become extremely secure when not rooted. Carriers still control the updates so any new add-ons are filtered through them, so potential for malware to find its way inside the update packet is slim to none. Further, Android allows third-party downloads and non-Play Store apps to be loaded onto the device, whereas a stock iOS device requires all downloads to go through iTunes or the App Store.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes with non-stock Android (i.e. with manufacturer and carrier bloatware) can become bogged down and slow, but this can be alleviated by stopping many of the bloatware apps' processes and disabling updates for them, and by clearing your cache regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want access to a multitude of apps (not as many as Apple has, but is that really a huge factor?), customizable interface, third-party download access, and many security patches and security apps, I'd strongly consider an Android device/Android OS.

Android allows me to seamlessly interface with my Citrix server at work and check my emails, my PeopleSoft leave balance/schedule/calendar, access my Microsoft Office Products, and connect with a select few other work programs.

Android review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Best Mobile OS available"

What do you like best?

Android has an excellent interface and exposes truly great APIs for developers. Android has been paving the way for a number of years in creating new smartphone features before the competition, and provides superior user security.

Android has absolutely excellent extensibility and gives developers far more flexibility when developing apps. The Play Store is far less restrictive about what apps you can submit, and more predictable with deployment of new versions. I also find that the 3-button nav bar is far superior to a single button interface.

Android is based on Linux and open source, which makes it extremely robust, and adds a number of useful tools for developers willing to root around in the guts of the OS.

What do you dislike?

Android has traditionally not had the same performance as its main competitor because Google does not control hardware and software, so they can't optimize Android as much as they could otherwise. This is changing with the new Pixel phones.

Android also has issues with manufacturers and carriers bogging down the experience with bloatware and unattractive skins. Only a small number of manufacturers, and phones straight from Google, avoid this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't cheap out on Android devices. Always get high-end hardware if you can, especially the new Pixel phones from Google

My Android phone is an excellent productivity tool, allowing me to manage communication, and even SSH into servers when I'm on the go. The possibilities of what I can do with my Android phone are nearly limitless.

Android review by Blake H.
Blake H.

"ANDROID!!!"

What do you like best?

The one thing that I like the best that android delivers that Apple doesn't is the availability to change any aspect of the device with the know how. With android I can install 3rd party apps. I can go into the device and change settings under developer mode. Also, I feel that android is much more windows friendly.

What do you dislike?

There really isnt anything that I specifically dislike about the android itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a fully customizable device, android is the way to go. I like all the integrations that it has especially with input device. I have been able to plug in any usb keyboard/mouse and they work perfectly.

I have two different jobs and I am able to download apps better and easier. Also its easy to get updates and notifications for both jobs.

Android review by Gabriel S.
Gabriel S.

"My Android Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of applications available on the android market. Most of the one's I use are free of charge, which is beneficial to me. I have never used anything other than an android mobile phone for a number of reasons. First of all, android is much easier to navigate than an Apple phone, in my opinion. Android was also first to the punch regarding bigger screens for easier use and greater screen visibility. Second, the internet is easy to navigate on the android device, leading to less frustration with pressing the incorrect links and easy to use zoom features. Lastly, the Android operating system has yet to let me down.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick one thing to dislike, it would be the number of updates required on my device. It seems as if I receive system update notifications every week, which can be frustrating at times when I am trying to complete work on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android is a top-tear product, especially with mobile phones.

Android makes it easier to connect with my colleagues, as well as my students. Without my android device, I would not be able to be as efficient and effective with my communication to those I work with.

Android review by Daniel A.
Daniel A.

"Best mobile operating system hands down!"

What do you like best?

What makes Android the very best mobile OS sometimes makes it the worst, but you always take the good with the bad, and when it's so good, it's easy to forgive a little bad. Android OS is easy to use, FULLY featured, and offers apps like the Google Play Store which allow all open apps to develop and publish on the Android platform. EVERYTHING I own is Android for mobile OS.

What do you dislike?

The only issue Android faces is stability. Regretfully one of the major components that directly affect stability is open-source applications. Open source apps have a tendency to lead to error. The OS sometimes has some stability issues, but SMALL price to pay for the benefits it offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android needs to continue focusing on stability. Also, making their OS as fast as possible to compete with Apple. MS will never be able to compete.

I use Android OS in both my personal life and business life. Unlike MS and Apple, the apps I use are readily available in Android. I use thermostat remote control, remote camera monitoring, and security system management. Most of which are not available on MS or Apple.

Android review by Patrick R.
Patrick R.

"Android: Capable and Highly Configurable"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Android is its configurability. Using free or inexpensive apps, you can make Android look and do just about anything.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I have experienced is poor battery life. This seems to be the trade-off for configurability. You can make it look just the way you want and do everything you need, but at the cost of only a few hours of up time between charges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android is a great phone OS. iOS is great, but at a high price tag. It has taken a long time to get here, but with Material Design standards implemented over the past couple years, apps look really slick. If you are careful with the types and number of apps you install, it works great. Facebook, Twitter, and other apps that are always checking for status updates a terrible drain on battery. Current flagship models are just as pricey as iPhones, however previous year models are reasonably priced.

Android runs all of the software I need to keep connected when I am out of the office. GMail is my first choice for personal mail, while Outlook works great for keeping in touch with the customers and co-workers. I can install the VPN of my choice to remote back to work or home. Instant message works great in Google Hangouts and Skype.

Android review by Kyle T.
Kyle T.

"Android is not as smooth as iOS, but it offers more flexibility to its users."

What do you like best?

Android tends to be more "open" than Apple's iOS. Developers are able to tweak the operating system a bit more with their apps, which leads to unique, useful features such as widgets and Facebook Messenger's chat bubbles. Basically, Android apps are able to take over more control of the entire operating system, which allows them to create features that aren't available on other platforms. In principle, I also tend to favor open-source platforms over their proprietary counterparts.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I dislike about Android is that it is not as smooth as iOS. I currently have a Nexus 5x, and the lag can be unbearable at times. I've also had Android phones that are pretty flawless when it comes to lag, so it may just depend on which phone you get. In general, I like to have a stock Android device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to get an Android phone, make sure to get a high-end device. The high-end Nexus devices are my favorite because they also offer a clean, stock version of Android without any add bloat. Lower-end devices tend to lag and become very annoying quite fast.

Having a smartphone in general is basically mandatory as a journalist. For Android in particular, the widgets can be helpful. I currently have nothing but my calendar and todo list on my homescreen, and I've completely removed apps from there (I have to open the app drawer). Having my list of tasks staring me back in the face whenever I unlock my phone has been helpful for my productivity.

Android review by Trevor C.
Trevor C.

"WOW Adroid is DOPE"

What do you like best?

Love the home screen and how I can organize apps where I need them. The flexibility and the new app permissions is great too. I like that I can turn things on and off as I need them. I like the fact that I can pick and choose phones and I am not just stuck to one.

What do you dislike?

Lack of quick updates to latest versions. I feel like I was stuck on 4.0 for three years and only now finally guy upgraded to 5.0. Sometimes business app developers are late to make an android app as opposed to an iOS app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for phones to make sure you have one that meets your battery needs.

I generally am working on various emails and text functions. I also work in recruiting so I have to use a variety of functions in a given "transaction." Case in point, I will need to quickly open an email, and then a spread sheet, while texting a colleague, and watching a video int he browser. The android platform allows me to do that quickly and efficiently

Android review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Android for everything!!"

What do you like best?

What do I like about Android? Well....let me count the ways....Android is everywhere and I personally love it and you couldn't pay me enough to switch over to Apple. Apple is overrated. Years ago, when Apple was all the rage, yes I went out and sold my soul and bought my first Ipad. It was fun, had good apps and games but I had serious issues with syncing my music and files and I hated Itunes. But then Android came along and I fell in love. (btw, my 1st generation Ipad is under my bed collecting dust....let me know if you want it, haha)

Android is versatile, and each new update gets better and better. I have Android on my phone, on my work phone, on my computer, on my work computer, on my tablet and also integrates well with the software in my SUV. It's stable, has automatic updates, thousands of apps to choose from in the PlayStore, user friendly, integrates well with our software on our work computers, syncing is a breeze, no more crazy issues of lost files and music and documents that you spent months working on and magically lost somewhere. Interface is smooth, processing speed is good but could be a little faster, a few compatibility issues but nothing major.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above, the processing speed could be faster and I'm sure Android is taking that into account and working on that as we speak. Compatibility issues do arise with older programs and I'm not sure if this is Android problem, but one of things I do hate, is the fact I can't turn my data off in my phone and tablet anymore whenever I want too. Before I could just download an app, press a button and my data could be turned off or on. Now, there are no apps that I know of that are compatible with the new android system that does that.

Android is integrated in our phones we use for work and our portable tablet/laptops we use when traveling. I know we did have our choice of Apple or Android and Android won. We use alot of the business apps for meetings, notes, recording data and stats.

Android review by George William L.
George William L.

"Android is the greatest mobile OS if you want a customisable experience."

What do you like best?

Incredibly Flexible. Love the Material Design. Official app design is mostly internally consistent. Granular control of permissions which are gave to apps.

Use it all the time.

What do you dislike?

Some official apps still not consistent in design. Prone to memory errors. Android store moderation is poor for dodgy knock-off apps.

Unremovable (without voiding warranty) Bloat-ware installed by some providers of the OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you want high levels of customisation and a consistent design.

Not as good as ipod for music and photography, but that depends entirely on your device.

I can say that it makes my daily life easier with the multitude of applications that are available and how well they talk to each other.

I use it near constantly, it's one of those things that rather than being a tool, it's integral to my life.

I don't really have business use for it.

Android review by Keely B.
Keely B.

"My preferred operating system"

What do you like best?

Ease of access, wide range of compatibility with apps and programs, easily up-gradable, significantly cheaper than many other options, easily customization with a wide range of options, and the ability to have multiple apps and windows open in separate "tabs".

What do you dislike?

Android products do come with a lot of pre-installed apps and software that you might not need or want, but you can't remove, which wastes space. Android products also don't have as many accessories as offered by other similar platforms, such as docking platforms, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android offers much more flexibility, customization, and creativity, particularly in design and development industries. They can also be more cost effective from a purchasing standpoint, and are easy to troubleshoot if difficulties do arrive.

It provides a great opportunity to have almost all the abilities of your computer in a much smaller device, the ability to customize it to your needs, and a wide range of apps are available. The ability to download documents from emails, such as word or powerpoint documents, edit (or create!) them on your phone, and then send them out again is always handy. Also, when you download items or create them, the Android system pre sorts them into the appropriate places, such as documents, photos, sound clips, etc.

Android review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"Still the Best Option In My Opinion"

What do you like best?

The openness, reliability and cost. I find it to be the type of phone OS I would build if I were in that position.

What do you dislike?

The market is a little cluttered and some of the apps available are a little "sub-par" so you have to be a little more careful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Even if you're used to iOS. There's nothing wrong with it and a lot of the functionality is the same. It's no harder than learning to use iOS you just have to spend the time and get over your fear of change.

Massively increasing the usability of what used to be a very limited, "dumb" device.

Android review by Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.

"Longtime Android lover! "

What do you like best?

The ability to customize every tiny aspect of my phone or tablet is amazing!!

What do you dislike?

Some of the devices that use android are not well enough hardware backed.

Which in turn turns into many complaints in the app store about stuff that isn't the developers fault, its the hard ware not being robust enough.

Cannot really take those low end devices away because then not everyone would be able to afford an android device, which is kind of a huge draw to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None at the moment

With my Android phone, I can work where ever I am, keep in touch with customers, employees, log hours, create documents, blow off steam (play a game or two :D ) I even can do website fixes on the fly if need be.

Android review by User in Information Technology and Services

"After having an iPhone forever I switched to Android, and ended up switching back. "

What do you like best?

I think there are some great features within Android such as their visual display and ability to customize more than an iOS platform. The visuals are impressive, and the categorization quality that allows users to categorize apps, etc into certain folders.

What do you dislike?

There's just too much confusion in how certain things work versus how they should work. I think the alarm is a bit confusing for someone switching from iOS. I think adding in SO many features - trying to outshine iOS, has been detrimental. The camera app is terrible compared to ios, so is integration with some music apps that users use on a frequent basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform may be more beneficial to some rather than others. Using a A MacBook Pro for my business needs the integration of iOS is much easier than Android. Android gave me many headaches while trying to make my entire experience via technology more seamless.

Honestly, there are not many business problems I solved using Android. There were some benefits, I do think their mail integration was good...not great... but good.

Android review by Shahbaz T.
Shahbaz T.

"Android is perfect for all those techies that want something that works and also love customisation!"

What do you like best?

Android is amazingly customisable, fast and fluid. The entire Android ecosystem is comfortable for business use and fun for personal use. I have yet to come across a scenario where Android is not the best OS for the job.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike apart from stock Android experience is hard to come by unless you buy Googles Nexus/Pixel devices or the second closest Moto devices. Saying this however Samsung have upped their software game with Samsung S8/S8+ and the experience is near enough on par.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you feel iPhone is amazing, then you should definitely give Android a shot. It may take a short while to get used to, but once you're used it then there is no going back.

Communication, time tracking, calendar, maps, etc.

Android review by User in Supermarkets
User in Supermarkets

"Very practical for my line of work"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and most like a PC, which I use on a daily basis. I enjoy being able to use all of the social media outlets quickly and simultaneously, something vitally important to my position. I like that the phones are customizable and have lots of options. I was an Apple user previously at another position, so switching to Android was a breath of fresh air and I enjoy using it vastly more than Apple.

What do you dislike?

The price of the devices is too expensive to be economically friendly for users just starting out in their jobs. I would like to have a larger internal hard drive, so I can store more photos (a vital part of my business).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider what you want out of a phone. Speed? Storage? The ability to do multiple things at once, with ease switching between them? Android has all of those things. They also have many choices and ways you can customize your experience with Android, with different models and sizes and colors galore. The phones themselves are expensive, but all phones are currently, and I feel like Android is more bang for your buck.

Pricing, image sourcing, scheduling. The benefit of having all of that ability at my fingertips at any time.

Android review by Veronica G.
Veronica G.

"My review on Android"

What do you like best?

The ease of access for both a cell phone and a tablet.

What do you dislike?

Most android products are combined with Google apps and there are times that Google Play doesn't load correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Android is way easier than using versus Apple or Windows. I have tried Apple products before and I just didn't like it versus using Android interfaces.

I have solved all kinds of problems by using Android products vs. other products. I can access my email, calendar, documents much easier than I could before.

Android review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"Slow at times but worth its power and stability"

What do you like best?

I like how its fast when loading programs. I admit its launches my programs and apps fast.

Its design is unique where the user can manipulate but lacks in design.

I think its perfect for tablets and smart phones. I think its perfect for video playing, and surfing the web.

I like that Android has its security, display options, applications and just like many popular OS, the basic applications and settings of a normal OS. Example, wifi, bluetooth, user security, backups, accounts, network configurations.

Mobile Features is awesome. perfect for quick configure and lockout any unwanted items.

Easy to use interface. Not very heavy on memory and graphics. So cost won't be a problem, when using heavy applications as a daily use for the office and field work. Mobile applications work great. some do need improving but what doesn't these days.

If problems were to arise, troubleshooting is easy. nothing really is needed to configure and most of the time, a simple restart does help fix the common problem issues.

What do you dislike?

As much as i hate to admit, in my opinion, i feel it needs more of a wow factor. when i use it, i know my limitations. I would like to see more advancements in its firmware updates, networking features and GUI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Verify that applications are cross platform compatible. some don't play well with others.

cross platform with multiple software from vendors. limited on applications but great on online applications for fieldwork.

Android review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Android The New Game "

What do you like best?

Android has really been the game changer. It has revolutionized the mobile industry, the PC industry and the way we used to look at the communication means. It has pimped up almost every thing plus the source code deal, it has really given a tough competition to the world out there.

What do you dislike?

Although Android has taken things to the next level, overall security of the android system can be further enhanced as compared to other options available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall security of the resources is something that needs to be looked into otherwise Android is a Giant now. and one expects to see enhanced measures being put in place.

China Mobile being a big player in the cellular world is driven by the merits of this products. It has opened new doors for IOTs and OTT players and demands for a unified platform now. players all around the globe are now venturing to look for newer markets and newer untapped potentials to be in the game.

Android review by André M.
André M.

"Open source operating system"

What do you like best?

It is open source, developed by Google and also based on Linux. This allows anyone with the necessary knowledge to download and play with it, and this is why we have some great alternative versions based on Android like CyanogenMod. The integration with all Google services is also great.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately some vendors (Samsung, LG and so on) take quite some time to release their version of Android to their devices, so some devices are way behind the last version and some are not supported anymore and you'll have to stick with an older version of Android, even knowing that the hardware is fully capable of handling new versions.

Another point is that Android is quite generic: one OS fits many devices. Apple, in the other hand, has control of both software and hardware. So if you compare the performance (memory management for instance), Android won't be as good as iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android iterates fast, so there are always new updates being released. The only problem is that some vendors take some time to release it to their devices. If you want to always have the most version of Android, go with a Nexus device.

The integration and synchronization of all Google services makes the transition from mobile to PC seamless. You can also have a good Android experience with mid-range phones, which are more affordable.

Android review by Theona .
Theona .

"Highly personalisable but slower in time"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can personalise a lot: wallpapers, menu icons, ringtones, vibrations, I can change almost everything. It is the most personal operating system I have ever used! Furthermore, I just love assistant functions! Google Now makes my life easier! With just one touch, I know everything I need: movie screenings at the nearby cinemas, currency from pound to whatever, weather at my current location and at home, future flights and trips. It is absolutely amazing! I find it very easy to use and I believe this is a plus! Also, there are lots of apps for it, most of them free, which is great!

What do you dislike?

Well, the one and only thing I really dislike about this product is that it is really slower in time. When it's new, it moves so so so fast, exactly like promised. But after a year or two, even with the updates, it starts being soooooooooooo slow.....

I would like a split view as iOS recently reveloped in order to help me multitask.

Also, the minimize apps button needs serious changes!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is amazing! Easy to use, fast, meets every requirement and also it's so personal! Using this is a delight in the first couple of months, but after a while it tends to degrade....

Great apps for free (most of them), Google Now is like your secretary, tells you EVERYTHING you need to know, it is just great!

I am a student and I like trying out new things. Android is one of the best systems I have ever used and I find it very helpful.

Android review by Estrella V.
Estrella V.

"Easy to customize "

What do you like best?

Android has a much friendly platform than other operative systems. If you need flash, you can download it freely with photon browser. Apple platforms are kinda difficult to customize...in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

Is not a bid deal because of antiviruses, but just being prone to getting viruses it kinda gets you. But again, not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android is an easy system. Apple products have to many 'donts'. In android you have plenty of useful apps and free of charge .

The easiness to find information just by having an easy platform. I use my android phone for everything. It's just like a desktop but in little casing.

Android review by Pablo S. V.
Pablo S. V.

"An operating system that is flexible and fast. Though the UI may be stuck in time a bit."

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Android devices (I have experience with almost all the common operating systems on smartphones and tablets).

It's a very flexible, easy to use OS. It works well (fast) and is quite resilient.

And I have thousands of millions of users extremely familiar with almost all its options and features.

That and very rich and varied app store (Google Play Store).

Google is behind, and that alone makes everything simpler, familiar, and unified. Though you'll end up using their apps almost by default.

However, almost all OS on this category do the same, and this is one of the most permissive systems. There're no really hard attachments to Google apps, you can easily replace each one (example Cloud Drives).

Certainly, it seems to be designed to give some freedom to the final user (in contrast to sealed black boxes that won't even let you navigate some of your own photo folders).

What do you dislike?

I've found some security issues that -both as a software developer and as a user- needs to be addressed as soon as possible. I won't use Android in serious situations, medium-big bank transactions or medical apps, for example.

Even when there're working on some enhancements because of this very real problem, the solutions have no arrived yet. And many bugs still remains.

I've heard from my customers and I feel it myself: it is becoming "old-fashioned" and "too familiar". Its user interface (UX in general). This may affect my sales, and as a user makes me want to switch to another O.S.

This is an O.S. that will give you some freedom, and this freedom may be useful for the average user, except when it comes to delicate matters (like online banking, health app and so on).

I prefer it to almost all OS available for casual use., and only for casual use (games, chat, news, maps).

There's going to be less less Android devices in the near future as I will be using more other platforms, mainly because the amount of innovation seems to be less than before. But I will keep using it (and programming for it), because now there are tools (like Xamarin) that are making the Google Play Store richer, and populated, and is still popular which means:

As a user: I will have new apps available,

As a developer: and I will still have a vast marketplace to sell my own apps.

My most important conclusion: excellent for casual use, though not so good for real life business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep an eye on the news and SDKs. If you see Google keeps innovating, then it is time to invest more on this platform.

We may be seeing a point of inflexion, when the O.S. may fall or rise higher, unless they modernize its UX (not only graphics but the experience in general), and if they add more new and different services.

The freedom that Google gave to the developers, in combination with some relatively new tools (like Xamarin), are making cross-platform development easier and faster.

Nevertheless, I still target Android as the main platform because of the amount of users, and its very interesting Play Store.

I've also solved many problems with its well known apps and services already built-in inside each device, makes me easier for me to reach hundreds of thousands of users and potential clients with easy. I can easily make my apps interact with Google's, and that makes the user experience better.

And that's something I can only achieve (in a fast and relatively easy way) with Android.

Google Play Store store is key, and it is well designed, and I always find good apps (is not always the case in other stores). indeed: not all the major stores can say that.

Android review by Jaclyn S.
Jaclyn S.

"Best Mobile Device OS Out There"

What do you like best?

Android allows for the most customization and has the most free applications available. It can be simple to use for less tech-savvy individuals, and still offers more complex features for experienced developers.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an application for Android that worked like Apple's Passbook. All the apps I have tried cannot read the Passbook format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android phone are around the same price or cheaper than iPhones, and they deliver the same ease of use. Necessary apps are more easily found for free on Android than on iPhone.

I use Android on my Pixel XL. The Office 365 apps work great for accessing work email and files. It is very convenient for when you need to access anything work related and you are not by a computer.

Android review by Natasha J.
Natasha J.

"The Best"

What do you like best?

I like everything about Android. I like how it is used for OS for cell phones. I love my android smartphone. I think it makes the phones so much easier to use and the easy to learn navigation on each android operating system. It is definitely up to the current age of this generation.I also love how it offers all the google apps and the thousands of games and apps you can download. If it weren't for Android, I don't think I would be happy as I am today with all Android has to offer for our mobile uses!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to be honest, I don't think there is anything I do not like currently with any Android OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get something with Android, you will be happy!

I have realized that is is very easy to use products that have Android OS on them. Easy to navigate and learn from it. Makes it so much easier to use the cell phones in my opinion.

Android review by Brandon M.
Brandon M.

"The evolution of the operating system"

What do you like best?

What started off as an operating system built to power phones and grown into a many headed beast. Android has continues to evolve over the years and now powers everything from phones and tablets to TVs and refrigerators and the innovations do not seem to be slowing down.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately with so many manufacturers using Android to power their devices, there tends to be a large splintered OS version and hardware processing power difference. This leads to uneven levels of usability across the spectrum of Android powered devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many points at which you can start when building a prototype product. Be sure you have the hardware requirements figured out for smooth operation of the operating system as well as any applications you wish to run on it.

The Android OS makes it easy to prototype devices without incurring a large cost.

Android review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"My favorite OS"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can basically do anything I want with my device without being told I can't do that. It has customization galore.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is how much carriers intervene with OS updates. This really brings down the growth that Google is trying to bring to Android. It takes too long for devices to get the latest OS updates.

Carriers need to lighten up or Google somehow needs to get around them with all phones beyond the Nexus line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Android used to be second class when it came to development, it's caught up with iOS. It may still be behind when it comes to app revenue but the types of apps you can build on the platform and the user base has grown.

Since Android has allowed 3rd party keyboards since the get go, SwiftKey has been able to establish itself as a market leading keyboard.

With Android, developers have more freedom to build and integrate some really cool apps.

Android review by Administrator

"Android Phones, and Tablets"

What do you like best?

The biggest thing for us that makes us use Android over Apple or Windows is the wide range of widgets and customizations available for the devices. We can create apps for our workplace and easily have it installed to any Android device whereas Apple, we would need to go through a longer process.

What do you dislike?

We noticed that with any of the Android devices we purchase and use, a lot of bloatware is installed to it by the device manufacturer. The extra step of having to install a base version of Android just to get rid of these adds deployment time.

We create custom apps onto our devices, from scanning inventory, to packing items for shipping and Android devices seem to fit the best for these tasks. We create widgets for these apps to easily access it from the homepage.

Android review by Harry K.
Harry K.

"The first iOS-competitor"

What do you like best?

- Its open source nature. Everyone that knows Java can download Android's source code from AOSP directory and play with it. Thank to that we have OEMs like CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android etc.

- Customisable UI offers productivity benefits

- Cross-platform nature makes it more flexible

What do you dislike?

- The freedom that other companies have to customise Android and make it worse. Google should do something about that. Every Android should ship with vanilla Android and not TouchWise or HTC custom Android builds.

- There are risks to installing apps from unknown sources.

- Android is not very secure in general.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Android if you are an open source advocate.

- A more open ecosystem: Android has an officially sanctioned app store in the shape of Google Play, which comes as standard on nearly every Android smartphone and tablet in order for users to find and download new software. But unlike Apple's notorious walled garden approach, Android users can choose to install applications from other sources. You can download apps direct from a developer's site, install them from a flash memory card, or from a third-party app store

- NFC-enabled for a cashless future

- Better choice of devices.

Android review by Jessica W.
Jessica W.

"Phone user"

What do you like best?

I like the interface and how user friendly the product is. Good UI and UX--great ease of use with the apps and features.

What do you dislike?

Seems to have a few less features than an iPhone and Apple-to-Android communication can get glitchy. Also in older models there are some issues with photo-sharing via text messages, as the photos can seem a bit blurry after downloading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bear in mind the limitations in regard to communication with Apple users.

I will say the built-in calendar application is extremely useful with both great UI and UX, helping me solve scheduling problems.

Android review by Caio A.
Caio A.

"A advanced mobile OS"

What do you like best?

I've been on iOS for 6 years, until I started to use Android. The greatest thing about android is it's freedom, you basically can do whatever you want, apps aren't limited by the OS, on Android all apps can be integrated with the system

What do you dislike?

Android isn't that great, it has many annoying features, such as random warning alerts and the dumb open with message box

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend trying android for at least 1 month, you will be surprised with the results.

Nowadays I use android to boost my productivity either on my personal and professional life.

Android review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

"Best Mobile Software Platform "

What do you like best?

Android is easy to customize to improve productivity. There is a wide array of apps available to individual users.

What do you dislike?

Apps sometimes force close if they are not up to date on the latest Android software version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always ensure your password is kept in a safe place or can be remembered, because all Google services are linked to your email and password. If your device needs to be reset for any reason, you will need to sign in with your email and password. If the password is forgotten, it can be reset but you will need to wait due to Android's anti-theft guidelines.

Android speeds productivity with its built-in multi-window feature. Software problems are easily fixed in Android, and month security updates leave it less vulnerable to hackers.

Android review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"The new android might just surpass apple. Maybe"

What do you like best?

The new android 9.0 is the first android that makes sense in my opinion. Finally something that is fast and doesn’t require a lot of overhead. I’ve been a long time iOS and android user on both, and android finally seems like they’re making some smart operational decisions regarding fluidity.

What do you dislike?

Still has abysmal ram management when compared to IOS suspend to disk feature. Out of memory actions still happen frequently even on newer galaxy note 9 devices.

I use an android primarily for development of custom OS solutions for current and older devices. Android offers far better support for much older devices in most cases compared to support for apple products vs OS version.

Android review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Android feels like freedom"

What do you like best?

Ease of transferring data between devices with USB or NFC transfer. I love that it allows file transfer from computers as if it were a plug-and-play external drive. I love that the user has control over the software and capabilities of a device with an Android OS.

What do you dislike?

Device manufacturer-specific bloatware is often added to Android OSes (Samsung and Amazon are huge culprits). Look for a "pure" version, or buy a Google branded device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ditch your iOS, but look for a pure version of Android.

Third party apps or in-house apps are easily side loaded while they await approval for distribution through the Play store.

Android review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"An Appealing Design Suited to your Preferences"

What do you like best?

Android not only offers a unique operating system in today's mobile market, but also offers a product that is suited exactly how a consumer would like it to be. One of the great many features of Android is the way it allows it's users to customize their home screen layouts as well as offer access to various popular and exclusive mobile apps.

What do you dislike?

The Android OS behaves awkward in situations in which an app developer intends their app to be used in a previous OS version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Android provides greater access to personalization features than various other operating systems today

Our business can create a public more available app to gather both higher user numbers and greater popularity.

Android review by Laura P.
Laura P.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

I use Android since 2013 and I honestly say I'm not going to leave it. I have an extremely fast phone (Google Nexus 5) and I have never been disappointed by Android. Instead, I can say that, having it constantly updated, I always get surprised by the latest versions.

What do you dislike?

I honestly say I like everything about Android.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're searching for a fast, useful phone, you better but an Android. It's extremely convenient and very easy to use, you won't be disappointed by that.

I changed my previous Windows Phone (an old Nokia), but since I have my Nexus I live better :)

Learning about Android?

* We monitor all Android reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.