What do you like best?
1. The dependency-injection system and its flexibility.
2. official tooling for build and deploy
3. official style guide to help people organize their code
What do you dislike?
1. forced to use OOP (classes)
2. if not using Typescript, I will get very hard time with unclean code and lack of examples
3. building project for prod takes very long amount of time (+5m in my case on very powerful machine)
4. in my opinion and experience, there are some critical bugs that are not resolved for a long time, and community PRs got closed without merging.
Recommendations to others considering the product
If you are familiar (and like) OOP, you will find yourself at home - if not, then you will have some hard time.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
I use Angular in almost every project I got involved in. I used it to build shiny cross-platform mobile apps, large consumers web apps, and internal tools for large enterprises.
The biggest benefit of Angular is that it has everything you need to build modern apps (web or mobile), eg out-of-box modules for dependency injection, http client, client-side router, unit-testing utils, e2e testing utils.