Animoto

Animoto makes it easy to create professional-quality videos on your computer and mobile device.

Work for Animoto?

Learning about Animoto?

Animoto Reviews

Showing 31 Animoto reviews
Animoto review by Carney Z.
Carney Z.

"Animoto is a great tool for fun, easy photo slideshows. "

What do you like best?

I like that Animoto is very user-friendly and easy to use. They have a good variety of music/songs to add to the photo slideshows that are pretty easy to filter by, so that's nice. I also enjoy the themes that they do have, as they are interactive and creative, many times themes I would not have been able to come up with, so I am glad they are available.

What do you dislike?

I really wish they had more themes because the ones they have can be similar, and it would be so much better if there was a greater variety of theme options. I also wish you could search the type of video theme you're looking for because as of now, you just have to scroll through all the options they have available. It would be so much easier to be able to search specifically what type of video theme you're looking for, and this would especially be helpful if and when they created more themes to filter through.

I also wish the converting would happen quicker. I understand the videos are often times high-quality, but it can take a long time for certain videos to export. I'm not sure if this would mean smaller sized files would be used for music or what, but it would be very beneficial if the time to finish the project would decrease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Animoto if you're looking for user-friendly/easy, fun videos.

We have created hundreds of Animoto videos for both clients and internal work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Animoto
Animoto review by Mitchell T.
Mitchell T.

"Quick, & User-Friendly Software for Micro-Video Projects"

What do you like best?

Animoto's drag-and-drop interface makes it super easy to use other assets like photos and short video clips and quickly turn them into great marketing videos. Very gracious learning curve. Also nice is the large archive of stock music, so you don't have to purchase any from elsewhere. Makes it worth the $ right there.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you need to do "workarounds" to make things look the way you want them--for example, photos may need to be resized, cropped or shifted around in some other image editing program to get the desired look you want. Also, text options like text placement or word limits can be too limiting. Same goes for control over transitions and animations. Sometimes I resort to iMovie or PowerPoint to make pieces to drop into Animoto to make the kind of video I envision.

I use animoto to create marketing videos for clients that we primarily use for social media and email campaigns.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Animoto review by Jackie B.
Jackie B.

"Perfect for Creating Stunning, Animated Video Clips - No Videographer Required!"

What do you like best?

Super EZ to take any set of Images I want, drop them into Animoto and create a stunning video clip! It's super customizable too: I can change the music, the speed, the layout - and as often as I want until I get exactly the right fit for the purpose. (can't do that with a videographer, affordably.

It's great for client DEMOs, 'explainers, or even just flight-testing a few ideas! I fact, simply creating a few helps create even more ideas about the message or experience you are trying to create. Visuals are key these days to taking a vision in your own head and transferring it accurately to your audience.

Since it's a creative tool there are many more uses for it. I keep it on my iPad and create during long plane rides and testfly new concepts or AMTRAK trips to make a few client DEMOs on the fly for those "just in case" back-up ideas. I use it during meetings to help clients visualize for themselves what they are trying to convey too. It's a tremendously empowering tool.

What do you dislike?

Given that any level of skill can create a video in just a few minutes, there are understandable limitations.

But it's worth every penny to be able to visually show an idea or capture an experience so easily before one invests extraordinary sums in something more technical that may miss the mark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried this when one of our freelancers wasn't able to create what I wanted. This helped me show him, visually, the concept. Then I started using it so much, I didn't need that freelancer for such projects.

The need to transfer the experience our product delivers to every end-user we work with, and to test out new product offerings.

Animoto review by Greg D.
Greg D.

"I use Animoto when I need a high quality video presentation fast."

What do you like best?

Honestly, what I like best is the limited options for what I can do in a slide. With something like Powerpoint there are almost too many tools and options. Animoto gives me just what I need to get the job done fast and that limitation actually helps my productivity.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike with Animoto unless you want some kind of serious video editing solution. In that case, get Adobe Premiere Pro. Animoto is for down and dirty videos that go in Facebook Ads, Social Media Posts, and Blog Articles.

I haven't had any problems with it. The benefits are high quality production in a short time period. I also like the audio library. They generally have something that fits my presentation and that makes it easy to add a soundtrack.

Animoto review by User

"Great product! Missing customer service ...."

What do you like best?

Found this product in order to make marketing & training videos for my business. It is asy to use and has many customizable templates to create professional marketing videos! There's also tons of music to select from to enhance your videos. Overall Animoto is a really great option for anyone wanting to create videos to enhance their business!

What do you dislike?

There's no customer service available by telephone. And while can understand not having a telephone number, emails have gone unanswered for 4-5 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Except for the fact that there's no one available to answer questions - they say they answer emails in 1-4 business days but it's been longer - I think it's a great product!

Wanted an easy tool to create marketing & educational videos for my business. Animoto allows me to create videos and publish them easily on my website and on YouTube.

Animoto review by Lisa T.
Lisa T.

"Easy, fun & cost efficient compared to other options!"

What do you like best?

In a matter of minutes or hours, depending on the project and the assets, we end up with professional looking videos that enhance our brand and marketing efforts. The layout, font and music options provide virtually unlimited options. Projects get completed within days instead of weeks or more.

What do you dislike?

We would love more music choices that are fitting for businesses. It would be nice to be able to search music based on business category, professionalism and conservatism. For instance high end retail, or young and fun. We would also like the option to choose start and end times for music. Often the music plays for 30 seconds until the song kicks in. It makes it unusable for videos that are 1-2 minutes long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product for the novice or beginner, for personal use or for business. It gets the job done at a reasonable price.

Animoto solved are very small budget for videos. We are able to produce dozens of videos in a fraction of the time it would take with a videographer.

Animoto review by User in Financial Services

"Simple to use and great for social media"

What do you like best?

The simple drag and drop interface, with many templates and free music. The ability to download in multiple sizes and the new square video templates. You can also add voiceover directly from animoto, which is great. Videos really can take minutes to produce rather than hours.

What do you dislike?

I can be quite rigid in structure, you can't mix and match things like transitions, although this does seem to be something they are working on. Adding photos is great, but if adding one long video rather than clips, the editor can sometimes be hard to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the trial and you won't regret it. If you produce multiple videos for social media, websites or clients the monthly price will be worth it.

Quick, professional social media videos are made extremely easy thanks to Animoto. What could take hours and professional knowledge on products such as adobe premiere pro can be done in minutes. You sacrifice customisation for speed however, you still end up with a very professional product.

Animoto review by Justin V.
Justin V.

"One of Few Programs I've Come Across Recently That I'm Ecstatic About!"

What do you like best?

It is so quick and easy to create videos that convey a message. I use Final Cut Pro (Mac) for video editing. To create a slideshow would take a lot of expertise and a lot of time. If I want to quickly create a captivating slideshow that can be used as a Facebook video ad, etc., Animoto is my go to. It is amazing!

What do you dislike?

I would appreciate a little bit more customization options.. Not that I'm complaining. And maybe they have to limit the options to keep everything simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least give it a free try!

Creating compelling videos for Facebook ads that convey a story or message. So far, the main benefits we've realized is the "ease" of high quality video creation. We have yet to actually run the ads as videos, but I'm guessing they'll be very effective.

Animoto review by Shivam S.
Shivam S.

"an effective and interesting presentation software"

What do you like best?

eye catching final projects

features over 300 audio tracks

supports mobile platform like iOS and android

What do you dislike?

lacks the audio and video effects of transformation and correction

3D editing is not featured

color correction is not featured

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are a beginner as a presentation maker and looking for a innovative presentation maker then animoto can be a too good option.easy to use and effective! try it.

animoto is too much creative that helps to make powerful presentation too with lots of variation.it saves the time as it is easy to use and user friendly .

Animoto review by Kimberly B.
Kimberly B.

"Simple user interface, pro results"

What do you like best?

No video editing necessary - Animoto allows users with no video production expertise to upload photos or short videos, add music, pick a template, and create impressive looking musical slideshow videos.

What do you dislike?

There is not a great music selection and not much customization available in the basic paid version that I use.

Creating similar quality video slideshows from scratch would be time-consuming and complicated. Animoto is great for quickly and easily creating videos to recognize Teacher of the Year, to create a slideshow for retiring employees, etc.

Animoto review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use, if you're primarily focused on visual content"

What do you like best?

Very simple to insert images and make your material look good. The whole process from start to finish is very user-friendly and easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

There is very little customization available beyond the pre-set storyboards you can follow. It's very challenging to adapt text, very few fonts to use, and you can only have one text box per image. It's definitely meant to showcase visual content. If that's your goal, this is probably not an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For people who want to use video to showcase their product visually, you can't do better than Animoto. If I were a wedding photographer or someone wanting to show off a physical product, I would love Animoto 100%. Because the goal of our videos is to share information on social media and the text content is more important than the images, I feel that Animoto doesn't quite meet our needs.

We are a nonprofit and started our Animoto subscription to create public service announcement videos for our membership. We have been able to accomplish this, more or less, but the limits on text customization make it challenging to make a video where the text content is more important than the stock images we use in the background.

Animoto review by Gunjan S.
Gunjan S.

"easy way for a unique presentation"

What do you like best?

customizable styles

call to action button

longer video clips

sharing directly from animoto

What do you dislike?

can not subtle changes to one frame

cannot control the style of edits animoto provide

lose the ability to edit just one section of the video without affecting the entire

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use software which can save much amount of time

unique animations can be created in a different way to differ your personality

customizable styles like frameless , documentary,classic

font selection for buseness personality

Animoto review by Nick C.
Nick C.

"Easiest tool for making high quality slideshows."

What do you like best?

Animoto is so easy to use, you can make a great slideshow with virtually no tech skills. I also love how easy it is to add video into the slideshows.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more options when it comes to adding text, more fonts would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using Animoto for about 5 years and it just keeps getting better. So if you need a slideshow tool that you can implement quickly, go with Animoto

I have used this for both business and personal use when I have needed to make a slideshow, everytime I use this tool the slideshow ends up looking very professional.

Animoto review by vraj m.
vraj m.

"an online video creation program"

What do you like best?

easy to use

fairly idiot proof

video is online immediately and easy to embade in websites

What do you dislike?

very little source material

free parts on animoto doesnt have enough power

Recommendations to others considering the product

give it a try, it would be useful to make animation videos in a unique way

can import your photos from Flickr, SmugMug, and more

really good quality production in a short time period

audio library provides too good features

Animoto review by G2 Crowd User in Real Estate
G2 Crowd User in Real Estate

"Unique Product!"

What do you like best?

Animoto is unique, I've not seen anything quite like it. Very easy to use and lots of variety and options. The end product looks very professional and it is a good system overall. We've gotten compliments from clients on our videos from Animoto and that is a great thing. They want to know who made the video - they really didn't believe it was a website where we created it in 10 minutes. That alone should be enough for anyone to check out the product.

What do you dislike?

We have not upgraded to a plan because it's a bit pricey. $42 a month is kind of a lot considering we don't use it more than once per month. I can't justify the ROI on that right now. But as I use it more, I think we will pay for the full version. I got a lot of ideas from other real estate teams using this product and I think we could get some business from advertising with videos on Animoto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version before spending money on the advanced version. You can do a lot with just the free version and it gives you the opportunity to see if you actually like it and will use it regularly.

We are able to advertise our monthly listings quite well with these videos and they look great and professional. I would love to use it for more but we need to pay for a plan first.

Animoto review by rohan s.
rohan s.

"powerful and easy to use tool for animation"

What do you like best?

easy to use and quick

provides professional quality videos

provides a wider catalog which has more than 100 slides

ptional 2 video builders

What do you dislike?

a single subtle change in the single frame is not possible

i am not able to make a change in sectional parts,it is affecting the whole video

Recommendations to others considering the product

animoto is a really good choice if you want a good animation in less time consuming.it is easy to use and effective ,too!

animoto is really very easy to use and quick! it helps to make a video in professional style in short amount of time which helps me during our industrial presentations

Animoto review by User

"Animoto makes things easy"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, no video editing knowledge is needed. Its simple; drag and drop. I like the ability to use a variety of templates, but still be able to customise your brand colours and use your logo. The templates make it so easy - seriously, give it a go on the free trial (its watermarked but gives a good indication).

What do you dislike?

The fact that the music, although a large back catalogue, is quite cheesy. Its easy to ruin a great video or photo slide show as you may not be able to find the perfect track. It would also be great to add an ability to subtitle video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They provide a free trial (watermarked) but give it a go and see if it suits your video needs.

Video is now favoured on social media, especially Facebook - I couldn't create videos without spending hours editing. Animoto takes the time and effort out of this with a great end product!

Animoto review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"I love Animoto for all of my video needs at work."

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the ability to be creative with photos and the ability to get a strong message to my audience through the use of video. I like that I can create a video on the spot and upload it to Facebook or my Website very fast. It is also easy to create a video and put it on a DVD to use at parent meetings and open houses. The fact that each video can be personalized is also an added benefit. The ability to update a video once it is already published is a great feature since things often change once I download a video for use and the Principal or a teacher would like to add or delete a photo. I also love the choice of backgrounds for the videos depending upon the season. Animoto is great about sending updates when new backgrounds are available for a certain season reminding me to create something fun for our families to see.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better way to incorporate "live" videos within the video. Often, I can take cute video of our students throughout the day or at a special program with my i-phone. I have a difficult time then uploading that to my Animoto video. I also wish that I had the opportunity to change the text for text blocks. It would be nice to add color or different text depending upon the reason for the video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Animoto to anyone who is interested in using photos in a video format to promote their business, school or organization. It is fun and easy to use and it truly personalizes your promotions.

I am trying to highlight our school to those around us and increase awareness and enrollment. I feel the benefits have been that I can use the tool to have our students and teachers speak and prospective parents can listen at their convenience. It also allows me to do last minute projects and promote them promptly. I realize that I am now able to get our message out in a fun way.

Animoto review by User in Internet

"Create videos from photos and previous video clips"

What do you like best?

You can easily edit together a video using only photos and your own supplied music. This is a very handy product and can be very useful for not only business and corporate videos, but for personal use as well!

What do you dislike?

Some parts of the UX were a bit clunky but overall the product was easy to use. This isn't your average animated software regardless of the name "Animoto". This is more photo and video clip based and is driven by just that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Animoto is a great product for creating videos from photos, but it is not a true animation creator per se. Animated videos cannot be created when using Animoto, so if that's what you're looking for, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you're using original photos (or even stock photos) and your own original video clips, I highly suggest using Animoto to publish your work! The creator and editor platforms are easy to use and the learning curve is quite simple, which is what many people fear when buying a new application.

Animoto is an easy to use application and can be a truly fun process for all involved to help contribute. It makes collaboration a breeze and can bring out the best ideas in all your team members. Whether it's assigning people the jobs of picking the music, throwing the slides together, or going out and shooting the video clips, everyone has a job to do to complete the task at hand. It's truly something special to see when it comes together using Animoto.

Be sure to use Animoto for your next project at work or at school!

We are using Animoto to create short live videos and videos with photos. We then add music to the videos and voila! From there, we have a great looking, professional video that is ready to be displayed on any social media network, or used for advertising purposes across essentially any platform, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter!

Animoto review by G2 Crowd User in Education Management
G2 Crowd User in Education Management

"Not the best - but good enough"

What do you like best?

I can quickly put together a slide show for church announcements.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the features require an upgrade and the standard features are pretty lame. When we upload a file with a blank background, Animoto doesn't have the option of adding it on a slide with a solid background... so half the time, we need to make a second graphic with a solid background. While this doesn't take a ton of time, it is certainly annoying and over time becomes quite the time suck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for the upgrade... because you get what you pay for!

We are able to get our church announcements into a slideshow and up on the screen rather quickly from week to week.

Animoto review by User

"Love Animoto for presentations!"

What do you like best?

This program is very easy to use, and gives me several options on how to display presentations. I love this Animoto program!

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more song options for background music. However, it is very simple to upload my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program for marketing. I would definitely suggest Animoto for your business needs.

I have been able to present nice presentations that capture the attention of other employees.

Animoto review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great to create simple videos for clients"

What do you like best?

Customizing the style of the video is helpful. There is a wide variety of colors, fonts, songs, etc. to choose from for videos.

What do you dislike?

Customizing an uploaded image in a project can be frustrating. It is difficult to adjust the correct resolution and dimensions of an image without it being blurry, small in size, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Animoto is nice to use if a company is looking to create video content

Its been beneficial to create customized videos for clients that they can put on their websites to describe products and services.

Animoto review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Best software to show a specific video event"

What do you like best?

I love all that can be created with the personal plan, which is the one that I personally use. I can make a semi professional video by myself and show all events that I organize. It´s really usefull for my startup.

What do you dislike?

I would like the possibility of a plan in which could be contemplated a price for a specific work, so I could have a more professional work, done by a professional editor. That could be a great service for my needs.

I can show my events with no additional help from a third party professional.

Animoto review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Love this user-friendly & professional looking movie making site!"

What do you like best?

Pre-made, fun themes

High quality

Easy to use

What do you dislike?

Would like more text length & more font options!

My school uses Animoto weekly to put together short videos about what’s going on in our school. Students & parents love the themes. The music choices & graphics are great!

Animoto review by Sheri D.
Sheri D.

"An amazing, fun, educational way for my students to apply and synthesize their knowledge"

What do you like best?

The engaging, easy to use software:) I use it with my students to allow them to apply and synthesize their knowledge in a digital format. I use it with my colleagues to share best practices.

What do you dislike?

No student free log in, I must create it or they use my account.

educational

Animoto review by Kristina N.
Kristina N.

"Such a cool tool for Video!"

What do you like best?

Lovely video making tool to use for marketing, easy to edit, use video plus images and music or audio!

What do you dislike?

Limited use of audio, watermark with non-pro version

Use of video in our marketing online via social media and email

Animoto review by User

"Easy way to create marketing videos"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use for someone with little experience in this realm.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UX could be improved. Hard to find some features, so end up having to email support to ask.

Marketing video creation

Animoto review by User

"Easy Use Makes You a Video Superstar!"

What do you like best?

Easy; Fast; Efficient; Resources and tools.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more videos and music selections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. Makes professional marketing videos.

Fast, professional marketing videos.

"Animoto Review"

What do you like best?

Makes video editing possible for novices.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve to figuring out the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use video editing program.

We are able to make engaging social video and post more frequently.

Animoto review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great product for a quick SEO video"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and have some basic templates to use

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more templates to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

decent product and service

SEO, youtube, facebook videos

Animoto review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Animoto review"

What do you like best?

Easy way to create marvelous video without any experience of overpriced softwares

What do you dislike?

The price can be stiffed for more than 1 videos

Creating advertising videos and slideshows

Learning about Animoto?

* We monitor all Animoto reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.