Antetype

Antetype is an efficient way to design beautiful, responsive UIs for apps, websites and enterprise software

Work for Antetype?

Learning about Antetype?

Antetype Reviews

Showing 4 Antetype reviews
Antetype review by <span>SHRUSTI S.</span>
SHRUSTI S.

good

What do you like best?

If you are in UI Design, there is no better tool than this. There are many mockup apps but only very few that lets you really design the GUI and present it to your customers. It is much more than simply structure your layout and place some premade components on the art board. It works more the way Interface Builder in Xcode works with the possibility to fully design your components instead of just using the included ones by Apple.

Antetype can't be compared to vector applications like Sketch and it also can't replace it. Vector design apps lets you draw individual components, where Antetype is very basic. But to build your GUI Antetype excels. The auto layout mode is simply genius and lets you just drop components in the layout and they end up just where they have to be.

It is hard to describe what makes this app so special, so I recommend watching the screencasts on their site.

Yes, the price is a little bit high but if you are a student or teacher they have an educational discount of about 90%!

What do you dislike?

This looks like an incredible piece of software. I wish it was just a little bit more affordable. I do understand that it took resources, time and the like to produce, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used the tool in about a year, but they weren't making a lot of updates at that time.

It takes me significantly longer to prototype an idea than I would like. The goal of prototyping in my opinion is to go from idea to validation as fast as possible. That means a lot of what you do will get scrapped and you want to get through as many ideas as possible. I didn't feel this way with Antetype.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Antetype
Antetype review by <span>Taurean B.</span>
Taurean B.

Slow but aligns well with the box model

What do you like best?

The best thing about Antetype is that it aligns well with the box model of thinking in terms of laying out content. This allows you to do fairly fluid layouts which is rare for design tools.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unfortunately despite its strengths, antetype just didn't live up to the standards I have for prototyping software. I hope in the future they expand on their interface so that laying out content and making it dynamic happens a lot faster.

As I said in the previous question, I just firmly believe in the benefit of quickly iterating on as many ideas as possible. This allows you to talk about solutions in a realistic environment without dedicating developer resources where that can be better spent elsewhere. Fluid and flexible layouts in design software is rare, so for that I applaud Antetype but unfortunately overall it falls short in my opinion.

What Prototyping solution do you use?

Antetype review by User in Computer Software

New and useful

What do you like best?

When I tried a trial version I like how simple it is like sketch but combines the functions of invision. Less work and fun, easy. Wish I had discovered this earlier. Many companies still use invision still...

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike so far from using it. I am mainly using it for wireframes now.

I wish there were more types of icons, but doesn't matter if wire framing.

Definitely RAPID prototyping and sharing with team. I would use it for wires to get feedback quickly. I plan to introduce this to other team members. Not commonly heard of or used yet.

Antetype review by User in Computer Software

Great foundation, but software updates don't come often enough!

What do you like best?

It's one of the few design tools that allows you to create a fully responsive and interactive prototype directly from the software.

What do you dislike?

There's a bit of a learning curve, and much easier for people who have some front-end dev experience. It doesn't seem to have a strong following, so tutorials can be hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creating responsive designs using elements from our company's UI/pattern library.

Learning about Antetype?

* We monitor all Antetype reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.