Apartments.com

Apartments.com is an online real estate marketplace for rental properties where professional property management companies, and private landlords can list properties and connect with potential tenants.

Work for Apartments.com?

Learning about Apartments.com?

Apartments.com Reviews

Showing 14 Apartments.com reviews
Apartments.com review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Even after using sites like zillow and trulia, i thought apartments.com was best"

What do you like best?

apartments.com had a unique feature which i did not find in any other site search, the ability to see subleases, which is ultimately how I found my current place. From now on, when I look for apartments, i ensure that I have checked apartments.com because I do not want to miss the diamond in the rough.

What do you dislike?

Only thing I disliked is although it had many places that major competitors didn't have, it was lacking the common places that competitors had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are ever looking for an apartment, you must give this site a glance at the very least. there are hidden apartments out there that other sites dont have!!

I was in a crunch to find an apartment at a unique time and it helped tremendously as I was able to get a great apartment at a discount in September.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apartments.com

"Making Good Changes"

What do you like best?

Ever since a few years back when Apartments.com was bought out by CoStar they have been making good strides forward. They have focused a lot of their dollars on SEO spend to help improve experience for both the user and the advertisers. I have definitely seen some positive steps in the right direction.

What do you dislike?

Apartments.com had many syndication issues within it's newly released backend management system. It is supposed to integrate with your software management system but isn't always accurate. This also created a lot of man hours to fix and update. Slowly the kinks are being worked out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They only allow you to sign a yearly contract as an advertiser which can create a burden on those that do not want to lock into a 12 month contract. Otherwise the product really is increasing in quality and usability.

They definitely have improved their quality of renters. We are finding a lower volume of traffic for each of our communities, but the leads are much more qualified so that really helps improve the return on investment.

What Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Listing solution do you use?

Apartments.com review by Kim A.
Kim A.

"Cumbersome back-end with kinks that need to be worked out, but powerful tool"

What do you like best?

Polygon search tool if your property is located in a hot part of town

What do you dislike?

Very cumbersome back end to make corrections or changes to a listing

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are pouring a LOT of money into the product to make it a more robust search platform, with that, however, comes the inability to have complete control over your content.

Advertising multifamily apartment communities

Apartments.com review by Corey S.
Corey S.

"Excellent Source for Comparables"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ease of use of the site and ability to see availabilities in certain areas.

What do you dislike?

I would like information showing what people had rented for in the past few months

It helps with rental comps to value Proforma's in regards to the investment properties we analyze.

Apartments.com review by Colleen S.
Colleen S.

"High Quality Marketing"

What do you like best?

Apartments.com reaches more renters than any other mainstream site. The reps are all very friendly and check in often to make sure each client is happy with their listing. They also provide several different package options for different budgets.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that properties can only have a complimentary basic listing for a short time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your local rep to your advantage! They are very helpful!

Our listing provides a lot of great leads and is a wonderful marketing tool!

User in Real Estate

"John McMahon Apartments review "

What do you like best?

I am a very big fan of the search criteria bar where you can define specific neighborhoods down to only a few blocks. I also like the outline of the neighborhood that it gives you so you can actually see where it is being defined.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it is not easy to search multiple neighborhoods at a time. This would be very helpful if someone was trying to decide between two different neighborhoods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apartments.com is a very good way for someone to get a quick understanding of the residential market in a certain area. It is also very good for understanding what you will be getting for what you are paying, and which is easily compared to other apartments in the area.

I am able to easily understand a market with a quick search, and have an understanding of the amenities available for a given pricepoint.

User in Real Estate

"Property Searches using Apartments.com"

What do you like best?

The number of listings and apartment complexes that they had on their website was the best that I've seen compared to any other website out there.

What do you dislike?

There was not much that I disliked about apartments.com. I guess if I wanted to get very picky, if I remember correctly toggling between the map to see where the apartment was located was not the easiest. That is getting very picky though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was very easy to use and I think that it would be even more helpful for people relocating to new cities as well as new neighborhoods.

Searches for apartments and places to live.

Apartments.com review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to use interface and current data"

What do you like best?

I use Apartments.com and Tenants.com for apartment hunting. Apartments.com has a simple interface and the listing available are extensive, so it is great. I like the image quality and mapping features they offer. I would recommend this product to other users and to my customers.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it is a good product. I'm mainly looking for something that has current listings, not rental property that isn't available any more. It is very simple to use, but doesn't offer some of the detailed tenant features that Tenants.com offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of option out there now, but I find Apartments.com is one of the easiest to use.

Easy to use apartment hunting.

Apartments.com review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"The Costar Experience - "

What do you like best?

Well, it's no secret that apartments.com has quickly cornered the market on advertising for the multifamily housing industry. The presence truly is excellent and the network of sites helps.

What do you dislike?

The review submitted about communities can be submitted by anyone - not just residents at a particular community. There is also very little monitoring of what gets put onto a paid listing. Support will remove negative reviews, but they have to be caught first by management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely a leader for the Multifamily Housing / Property Management industry.

Of course we are reaching our target market with the product.

Apartments.com review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Map Feature!"

What do you like best?

The map feature is great! I love that you can see the units available by using it!

What do you dislike?

The filter feature needs some work. You cannot filter on move in date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform to use to rent apartments

We advertise our rental properties with Apartments.com and they generate a lot of leads for us!

Apartments.com review by John B.
John B.

"Great for finding apartments in my area"

What do you like best?

I would say the best part of this website was how simple it is to find apartments in the price range I was looking for.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about the site except for some minor aesthetic and layouts of the tabs menu. this would be more of a personal preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this site because of how simple it is to look up the information you area interested in.

I am solving geographically the pricing trends for apartments and condos around certain areas. This allows me to put together a database with the assorted information

Apartments.com review by Kara P.
Kara P.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use and very user friendly, making edits very easy.

What do you dislike?

If your listing isn't a paid listing, you get very few leads

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the site before uploading properties, and don't be afraid to ask support questions if you have them.

Helping our rental units rent quicker

"Very helpful tool "

What do you like best?

The app was easy to use and the website was just as user-friendly! It Also had all of the information I needed

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it felt like it was a bit overwhelming with the sponsored pages on the website.

Help inform our residents of different services that we offer.

Apartments.com review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Apartments.com review"

What do you like best?

Variety of apartments for a wide array of small and big clients

What do you dislike?

Sorting is not as easy as some of the other software. Listings are not always valid and maybe long expired

Looking for available apartments/houses for rent. Gives me a good idea of rental rates.

Learning about Apartments.com?

* We monitor all Apartments.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.