Aplos

4.8

Aplos Nonprofit Management Platform is an online fund accounting solution for nonprofits and churches

Work for Aplos?

Learning about Aplos?

Aplos Reviews

Ask Aplos a Question
Showing 20 Aplos reviews
Aplos review by Erin M.
Erin M.

"Affordable Not for Profit Accounting Solution"

What do you like best?

Better geared toward NFP's than Quickbooks. Easy to use and set up. You can import all of your contacts and donations. You can file your 990 from within the software. Very responsive support team. Having the software has helped us to get organized and get the data we need when we need it. It's not a perfect solution, but it is affordable and more than sufficient.

What do you dislike?

There is a great query feature that you can use to build custom sublists of your contacts, unfortunately they don't include all of the available fields in the system which is frustrating. The reports are just okay. You can get all the basics that you need,, like an Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Actual to Budget Comparison, but there is not a Comparative Income Statement to the Prior Year so I had to create one myself in Excel for our Annual Report. The Budget tool is sufficient, I just wish there was a way to add notes and have schedules attached that make up the underlying amounts in the budget. I also wish there was a platform available that combined Volunteer Management and Donor Management and Accounting in one. The email tool is also just OK. Lots more features in Mail Chimp or Constant Contact but it saves a lot of time being able to send the emails from the software. Another down side is it does not automatically mark donations as acknowledged when you send an acknowledgement email, that would be another time saver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use the Templates for any importing. Make sure you import Contributions separately from other financial transactions.

It is a big time saver for us. We are acknowledging our donors in a more timely fashion, and getting our Financials out on time. We are able to retrieve information from our list of contacts quickly and easily.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Aplos
Aplos review by David R.
David R.

"Great fund accounting equivalent to QBO"

What do you like best?

Handles fund accounting better than other cloud-based accounting softwares, great customer service like very responsive in-site chat, lots of tools and training seminars to improve.

What do you dislike?

I've had some issues with a handful of things and they've fixed most of them, but it can be tiring feeling like I'm on the front lines finding the issues and reporting them frequently. Reporting can use some improvement, and it'd be great to be able to import batch deposits rather than entering them manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the webinars and other videos they have about nonprofit fund accounting, talk to the sales representatives, and know they're not trying to scam you. Look around at other offerings for fund accounting and compare them to your needs. In our case, we needed it to be cloud-based and able to handle dozens of funds and sites, and Aplos fit the bill for us.

We'd previously used Quickbooks Online, which is great for general use, but makes fund accounting very difficult, so Aplos has solved that problem for us by providing a customized solution for our nonprofit needs.

What Nonprofit Accounting solution do you use?

Aplos review by Meet C.
Meet C.

"Non Profit Fund Accounting with ease"

What do you like best?

Aplos is a cloud based accounting service which provides accounting solution to track and manage donations and other funds for non profit organization like us.It offers all types of accounting capabilities like tracking cash flows and transactions without any effort.Aplos enabled us to manage our accounting for the organization with so much less efforts.And moreover it is cloud based so you can access it from anywhere.It is specially designed for non profit organizations because it has a special tab for donations.

What do you dislike?

It is best non profit accounting software/tool which is cloud based.We are using it since a while and have not experienced any problem with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using aplos for accounting to all non profit organizations and NGO's because it provides the perfect solution of accounting dedicated to non profit accounting.I really would like to say that no other software provides so many features for a non profit accounting that aplos does.

We use to manage our accounting through offline softwares but after the discovery of Aplos we are using it to manage our accounting and donations tracking and management for our NGO.Using aplos has saved a lot of time of ours and we have to least worry about accounting because it can directly link with your bank which is a great feature of it.

Aplos review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"Great non-profit, cloud based software! "

What do you like best?

I implemented this software with a client of board members all over 65 years old. They were able to pick up this software with little training. We only use QBO, but my non-profits want the ability to truly track donor contributions and not have to manipulate the reports for their board members (since QBO is a "profit" based software). Also, had to contact Aplos through the chat feature and all my issues were addressed within minutes or hours, the customer service is the best!

What do you dislike?

Although not new, the software is still working on improving. It would be nice for batch reclassification, deletion etc...

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to try it first and make your own decision. If I can teach my 65 year old clients to use Aplos,a cloud based accounting software and prefer that over their paper system, then so can you.

I am an owner of a CPA firm who specializes in business and non-profit accounting. My non-profit clients are all on Aplos.

Aplos review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Very Helpful"

What do you like best?

You are able to import from Quickbooks by exporting and then importing.

What do you dislike?

The amount of reports you are able to run is limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For certain churches, you will need to subscribe to advanced subscription regardless of the number of people or your yearly budget. Our small church owns rental property, which requires us to create a separate budget, and I've had to massage the basic version to work, but I still have to manually alter certain reports (budget to actual, budget, etc) to work for our purposes.

Able to completely redo the financials from Jan 1 to Sept 1 for our church. Able to send monthly invoices to church renters either directly via email from software or print and snail mail.. Able to track donations from individuals and generate yearly giving reports. Able to link to existing payroll service. Able to manage several funds and run reports for each fund separately or all together.

Aplos review by Paula M.
Paula M.

"Awesome Accounting Software"

What do you like best?

Aplos has proven to be an excellent accounting program for our nonprofit. It has provided everything we need to set up our chart of accounts, accounting transactions, and donor information. It is so easy to use from accessing account information to running reports. Customer service answered all our questions and helped us develop the best procedures to meet our needs. The donor database and receipt letters are now managed with just a few clicks. The efficiencies have saved a tremendous amount of time for our staff to handle the important duties of pursuing our mission. We have been able to set up our budget, adjust the budget, and make changes in our entry process simply and efficiently. The reports have been very useful to review our income and expenses, analyze data, and determine our monthly priorities. Aplos is an easy to use and thorough accounting system for any non profit organization.

What do you dislike?

We are looking forward to the donor management software in development at this time which will be released soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Aplos - it is a great system, easy to implement, and well worth the time to have an easy to administer accounting system.

We were struggling daily with accounting and donor entries through QuickBooks. Finding Aplos was the absolute best business decision we made. It now takes a fraction of the time and money to be able to enter and access our information and actually track donors and special projects.

Aplos review by Christina S.
Christina S.

"LOVE APLOS"

What do you like best?

I feel Aplos software is very user friendly and the customer service has been excellent. They always reply promptly and help me fix anything I don't understand.

What do you dislike?

Only thing I hope they add is a way to print address labels with contribution reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this product. APLOS has been excellent to work with. Really has helped me as the Exec. Director, chief stall mucker and instructor at High Mountain. It works great. I do sometimes make user errors b/c I'm not used to accounting and I may put in wrong category but now if you want they will even help with that through accounting service.

I had so much to keep up with. Trying to make my own spreadsheets and reports. I really wanted something easy to use and more automated on reports. They delivered. Also wanted it on the cloud so I didn't lose data in a computer or back up crash. This happened to us twice in a surge. Problem solved with APLOS.

Aplos review by Richard D.
Richard D.

"Excellent accounting experience"

What do you like best?

I find myself recommending Aplos to many different organizations. The 2 best qualities of Aplos over other accounting solutions are its simplicity of use and its excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

In my humble opinion, I believe that some of the features included in the highest monthly fee should be included in a lower tier. It seems crazy to have an almost $80 jump just to be able to pull budget reports by fund, especially since this can be accomplished through an excel export followed up by deleting a few rows. Budget reporting by fund should be included in all tiers as this is a basic nonprofit need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with a lower tier to see if it meets your needs. If it doesn't, then upgrade.

Aplos solves the problem of multiple people needing to touch the same data and interact with it. It is far easier to delegate and sign roles. The help videos are instructive in getting someone off the ground in working with it as well. And, if they have any issues, there is an incredibly easy way to get a hold of help.

Aplos review by Dana P.
Dana P.

"Best Support of Any Company I Have Ever Worked With"

What do you like best?

I am currently responsible for the books at a small Nonprofit. I have used Quickbooks, Quicken, Microsoft Money, Corporate ERP level accounting software and Excel in the past to manage finances. When I took over the books for the Nonprofit, the accounting was managed in Excel. My first thought was to look at converting to Quickbooks for Nonprofits. I looked at several other web only accounting packages as well. After researching the options and price I decided to try the free trial with Aplos.

The setup was a breeze and the support videos and educational information made the setup smooth. I like working with real people when I need help with software. I was pleasantly surprised that built into the system was a support messaging system that allowed me to see portrait sketches or real images of the support team and their names. I could send a question right in the interface and they would respond right back in the messaging window. It is the best implementation of support I have ever seen and has made Aplos one of my favorite companies and systems to work with.

We have been using the software for over a year and just filed the Federal Tax 990N through the software. It was fast and easy!

The different modules can be turned on and off with a flip of a switch and billed accordingly. This allowed us to start with accounting and eventually we added the donor relations and donations portions of the software. We have found the tools for these sections to be just as clean and easy to use as the accounting portion of the software.

They have made many updates to the software over the last year and the product keeps getting better. I would recommend any small Nonprofit or Church to try this product!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have more ways to do batch jobs and more flexibility in group updates to contacts. Last I checked if you have an organization that you want to assign an individual to donor relations and manage donations they need 2 logins with unique email addresses. It would be nice to have the option to give both roles to one individual with one login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small non-profit this software should meet most of your needs in a very clean and excellently supported product.

Am a volunteer for a small non-profit. I needed a simple solution to manage the finances and maintain transparency with the non-profit. The benefits are the software is very quick to set up and has a very clean interface that allows for quick communication of where the non-profit finances stand. When there are questions the customer service is the BEST I have ever experienced. They answer the questions in a support window as you are working with the software to apply the instructions.

Aplos review by Sherry N.
Sherry N.

"Aplos for the win!"

What do you like best?

I love Aplos! It's easy to use and solves a lot of problems small nonprofits have trying to keep up with mainstream fundraising. It has several modules that can be combined to be used to best fit your needs. The best part I like is the customer service. They go above and beyond! Sometimes they can't help with certain issues because of the limitations of what they offer, but any time that happens they make note of it for future updates or try to help think of a way around it to make something work for you. They answer your questions very quickly, within hours but sometimes automatically.

What do you dislike?

There are a few limitations to the software but they aren't deal breakers for me. Several of my past issues with limitations that I've addressed with the Aplos Team, they've later offered. It makes you feel as if they really listen and try to provide what we need as small nonprofits.

Accounting in the cloud - accessible to me anywhere at any time and confident that it's backed up. Donations can be processed in a fairly easy way. Soon will have accounting set up where our donations input directly into the accounting which saves a lot of stress and time on a small nonprofit administrator. More time to do the good work instead of spending it doing busy work.

Aplos review by Jacob P.
Jacob P.

"Great accounting platform for non-profits"

What do you like best?

Aplos is designed to be simple and because many users wear multiple hats for their organization, having a simple system is great! Even at their basic package level, you have a long list of features that can help out most organizations. Need more? Just upgrade.

Their customer support is also great! You are never left waiting a long time for a response and they can typically get any questions answered within 1-2 hours. I was also working late one night and forgot that they were going to run some routine maintenance at midnight (which would have kicked me off). Their team went the extra step and sent me a quick chat message asking if I needed a few minutes to finish up. Great that they knew what I was doing was important and not putting their needs over mine.

What do you dislike?

The software is lacking a few features that I would love to see. They are making integrations with third parties which is helpful, but I would love to see a seamless payroll module and an approval process for A/P.

a cloud platform is necessary for us and this fits the bill perfectly.

Aplos review by Herk R.
Herk R.

"More than met our needs and wants"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the software and the excellent support for the few times we've needed their assistance. I also appreciate the fact I can access the software when I'm away from my office or traveling.

The reports are excellent and can be custom formatted for our use. I'm also appreciative of the fact they are responsible for our data backups and security.

What do you dislike?

I guess I could complain about the pricing, but you get what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very user friendly software that is supported well by the staff at Aplos. They respond quickly and efficiently to questions that arise. Our staff at the church has had only good experience with the software and support, which is extremely important to me as the Sr. Pastor.

We are a church, and have multiple funds that we need to track in great detail and Aplos allows us to do that. It gives us the necessary tools to give a thorough accounting for our annual meeting.

Aplos review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Very satisfied customer"

What do you like best?

As a church treasurer I love this product, particularly because it is tailored to Churches and other Non-Profit Organizations. The functionality and layout are very intuitive, the reports are easy to generate, the ability to track contributions as part of regular weekly offerings is terrific, and the customer service both online and over the phone is responsive. Also, having a cloud-based product that my Assistant Treasurer and other key people can view and make live updates to is very efficient.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of any major issues with using the product. They continue to add enhancements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would (and have) recommend this product to any church or non-profit looking for accounting software.

The cloud-based nature of the product and ability login from anywhere is very efficient. Our church has benefited greatly in having all of our accounting and donor tracking in one place.

Aplos review by Cathy M.
Cathy M.

"Aplos = Simple!"

What do you like best?

I could not do my job without Aplos! It is simple, affordable, user-friendly, has great customer service, and is even fun to use!

What do you dislike?

Aplos continues to add features that have helped in strengthening a few minor weak areas in their software.

Aplos helps us with all of our financial needs within our church. Whether it's tracking contributions, creating a financial report or yearly budget, paying a bill, or just needing to have a quick assessment of our financial picture, we are always just a few clicks away from having everything we need at our fingertips, thanks to Aplos.

Aplos review by Vickey B.
Vickey B.

"Great Accounting and Donation Tracking Program!"

What do you like best?

User-friendly and built specially for churches and nonprofits..

What do you dislike?

The bank integration has issues sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small to medium church, Aplos is definitely worth trying.

I recommend Aplos to all of my small to medium size church clients, because many of them rely on volunteer help and Aplos is relatively easy to set up and use.

Aplos review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"Donor Management and Nonprofit Accounting Made Smple"

What do you like best?

Simple online tool for keeping your nonprofit finances organized!

What do you dislike?

Aplos does not make all database fields available when creating custom queries.

We use Aplos because it allows us to reconcile multiple bank and PayPal accounts and segment our donors as well as produce reports.

Aplos review by Sam M.
Sam M.

"Nonprofit accounting made easy through Aplos."

What do you like best?

Tracking and reporting fund activity has been made incredibly easy by an innovative development team.

Support is quick and understandable.

Aplos representatives are both competent and friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes requests for new features are a little slow in development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, odds are you will like it.

The need for reliable accounting data.

High quality reports, Fund are easily tracked. Cost is reasonable.

Aplos review by Andy D.
Andy D.

"Great tool for Churches"

What do you like best?

Aplos makes church accounting very simple and easy especially in capturing contributions.

What do you dislike?

The reports can be a bit hard to find what you are looking for

This really helps me as a volunteer doing the churches accounting. Makes tracking and managing the income/contributions and expenses easy.

Aplos review by Administrator

"Aplos is wonderful"

What do you like best?

I love their personal service and how fast they are to respond to any needs you night have in your account.

What do you dislike?

They have changed their reporting multiple times, and while change is not bad, it is often difficult to find the reports I use on a weekly basis.

Aplos is a wonderful way to keep track of your income from different sources and for writing/printing checks.

Aplos review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Aplos user "

What do you like best?

It's all inclusive as far as features - from 990-N submission to donor management

What do you dislike?

Reconciliation tool does not work very well

Reconciliation - syncing bank account and books

Learning about Aplos?

* We monitor all Aplos reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.