Apollo ILS/LSP

Apollo ILS/LSP

Apollo library automation is an award winning system solely for public libraries.

Work for Apollo ILS/LSP?

Learning about Apollo ILS/LSP?

Compare Apollo ILS/LSP to Similar Solutions

Apollo ILS/LSP Reviews

Ask Apollo ILS/LSP a Question
Showing 44 Apollo ILS/LSP reviews
Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Veronica G.</span>
Veronica G.

"Highly Recommend Apollo"

What do you like best?

Apollo Biblionix is the ideal Automation System for our small public library. It is very user friendly and easy to teach new employees. It is constantly being updated with new features that enhance our service to our customers. Customer Service is very prompt, clear, and friendly.

What do you dislike?

ISBN Search is slightly "buggy". The screen has to be maximized in order to read each entry, when it is minimized and you scroll over the link, it flashes--some kind of glitch. It doesn't stop until screen is maximized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering an Automation System, please give Apollo a try. You and your staff will have an easy time learning all of the features it has to offer. Customer Service is always EXCELLENT.

Apollo Automation System helps us to keep our library running smoothly on a daily basis. All of the tasks we perform are made easier and more efficient, from overdue notices, daily reports, patron financial records, cataloging books--and so much more--I would recommend Apollo to any library considering Automation or replacing their current system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apollo ILS/LSP
Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Justin B.</span>
Justin B.

"Great ILS for small libraries!"

What do you like best?

Apollo is VERY user friendly- we've been able to do everything we need to do to keep great records for the library, and they regularly push out updates that give us features we didn't know that we needed. The company is always thinking ahead and finding ways to improve the product.

What do you dislike?

There is little I dislike; the Apollo team is quick to find fixes for any issues that have arisen, even if that means creating custom reports or settings for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I often recommend that smaller public libraries give Apollo a try. We've been nothing but pleased with the service, and with the price compared to others in the market. Switchover was super easy, and Apollo does a great job of letting library staff know about coming changes with enough time to figure out what it means for us.

Apollo has made cataloging and inventory so much easier. We are able to more easily track our materials, giving us better control of our collections and allowing us to focus our energy on serving the public.

What Library Management solution do you use?

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Steven Allan H.</span>
Steven Allan H.

"My experiences with Apollo"

What do you like best?

Our library switched to the Apollo ILS over four years ago from a legacy system. Migration was about as painless as any migration could be. Having gone through two separate migrations with other libraries I know first hand how difficult they can be.

Customer service is always very helpful and friendly and if they cannot address a problem on the first contact (rarely) follow up has usually been within 24-48 hours. They are continually adding new features which always help staff do their job better.

Regarding costs versus features; Apollo does not have some of the sophisticated features of the enterprise class ILS systems used in large public libraries. That said, Apollo is significantly less expensive and for small to mid sized public libraries those high end features would most likely not be utilized.

I have used six other ILS programs in my career, all of which did an acceptable job. For our application Apollo is by far and away the best choice for both cost and features. Other ILS systems for our sized library are good (and I have used the main competitor), Apollo is better.

What do you dislike?

I'm finding it difficult to articulate a real dislike with Apollo. So I'll go with the background on the main interface screen is a boring beige.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the free trial a go. The product sells itself.

One of the biggest issues we have is getting our community to use the library. The online catalog, database integration, and most particularly a smooth transition to our downloadable E-book and audio book platform has attracted new users. Prior to the switch to Apollo the library's catalog records were variable from barely adequate to downright bad. Access to free, high quality copy cataloging records as part of the package has helped us improve the library's catalog and given more access points for end users utilize.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Gretchen P.</span>
Gretchen P.

"Satisfied User for over 10 years"

What do you like best?

Extraordinary Customer Service always! One of the ways this is reflected is in the number of customer suggestions that the company incorporates into their product, in a timely way and without price increases.

What do you dislike?

I am still searching for something to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apollo knows its market - small to medium sized public libraries - and it serves their needs better than any other product currently available. By keeping its focus on this market, it continues to meet the changing needs of its customers and keeps the price down.

Apollo software is the core of the library services that we provide. Every staff member interacts with this software daily. It is easily learned, maximizes staff time and minimizes staff frustration. It was very affordable to implement and to continue to use. Customer feedback is welcomed and incorporated into product updates regularly. Updates are painless and happen without any need for staff intervention. There is absolutely no way that I could have increased circulation metrics by over 60% while losing 2 staff F.T.E.s without Apollo.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Kim E.</span>
Kim E.

"Apollo is THE BEST!!!!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that the Apollo team is so responsive to my library's needs (and wants). They do everything in their power to add any features that we feel will benefit our patrons and staff.

What do you dislike?

That I didn't switch to them sooner. We switched to them in 2008 and have been extremely happy since!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any small or medium sized library I would encourage with all my heart to give Apollo a strong look. They specialize in these areas so they can meet your needs. And the do wonderfully at it. The staff time we have gained and the patron satisfaction has long outweighed any cost associated with the change.

There are so many. Our patrons can renew online, see their accounts, place holds, communicate with us via text messaging, and it goes on and on. It has reduced staff time in many areas such as dealing with overdue items and fines, patrons updates, etc. It is so easy to train new staff and so easily accessed by our patrons. Our life is much happier.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Luci W.</span>
Luci W.

"Apollo has been a game changer for our library!"

What do you like best?

We love how easy it is to use, and how it has freed up more time for our staff. Our cataloging process takes a third of the time it did before we had Apollo. Our patrons are now able to make reserves, renewals, etc. on their own from our online catalog. The staff training videos are invaluable, and their customer support is always quick and friendly. Couldn't dream of a better automation system!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike so far, it is a wonderful service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate making the switch, it has been a game changer for our library.

Frees up more time for our staff to do other important tasks. We have also found their overdue notice generator to be a big improvement over our previous system. We have been able to get books back more quickly and more often, without losing as many to negligent patrons..

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Michelle M.</span>
Michelle M.

"Biblionix Apollo is the BEST for small and medium public libraries."

What do you like best?

So many built-in features; excellent customer service; willingness to listen to customers and make immediate improvements.

What do you dislike?

Staff side could use a modern look and feel, but that is just cosmetic. It's got power under the hood, like a rat rod!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot say enough good things about Apollo. It is easy to use, feature rich, reasonably priced, and constantly upgrading and improving. What other charge extra for, Apollo has built right in for no extra charge. Supplemental services, like auto-calling, are very inexpensive and enhance the whole product.

An integrated library system is the core piece of technology in any public library. It enables us to do everything else that we do. SIP2 compliance means compatibility with other products and knowing that your library is not technologically isolated.

User in Libraries

"Efficient and affordable ILS solution"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, it is simple for my staff. Learning the new program was not difficult. It also streamlined the Holds process, and made cataloging issues disappear. Most importantly, it displayed my ebook consortium titles and support helped me add a linked search to my library's webpage. I could never get help from my previous vendor.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I see a message about print plugins from time to time that I don't quite understand. But, i just click out of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Your install will be painless. Support issues rarely come up (once in 3 years), but if they do, their support is fast and accurate. When you import catalog records, you save a lot of time. I cataloged an entire bookmobile in an afternoon, with the feature.

Our cataloging process is faster now, holds are processed quicker, data reporting is easier, and our catalog searches are simpler and more comprehensive for patrons.

Administrator in Libraries

"Multiple Year User of Appollo"

What do you like best?

The system offers a lot of functionality to libraries who don't have a ton of resources. The functionality in combination of the rated price points work out for a lot of libraries. Having the software hosted online is a huge benefit to libraries who don't want or can't afford to have a local software server. The staff is also very responsive in assisting and providing resources to its customers. It's unusual to be able to approach the owner at a conference to ask a a question of.

What do you dislike?

The back end of the system requires a lot of practice to understand where things are located on the back end. For instance, after years, I still have to search for the report or settings that I need. It could use some evaluation in terms of organization and implementation, in other words.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It offers a lot of functionality for a fairly low price. If you need a change, this should definitely be a strong point to consider. It will take time to understand the background functionality of the reports and settings, but it's generally worth the difficulty there.

The software removes the need for a local server which cost us a lot of staff time and effort. The online implementation is far better so that patrons can far more easily browse and find things within the collection. The contact functionality for reserves and overdues also saves a ton of time and money.

Administrator in Libraries

"Apollo Excellence in ILS service"

What do you like best?

Customer service is the best I have encountered. Highly responsive to questions and always improving their service based on customer requests.

What do you dislike?

I really have no dislikes of this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Apollo. They will give you an unlimited trial period with your library data uploaded to the trial so you can easily see how it will work for your specific situation. The customer service is excellent and they are constantly updating the product. They are responsive to additional feature requests. APollo seamlessly intergrates with other services that libraries offer as well.

APollo makes it much easier to track usage of library materials. The reports function allows us to run a variety of reports based on items or people. The main benefit is time, much less time is spent processing items to prepare them to be used by the public as well as checking items in and out of the library is seamless. This frees up staff to work on other projects.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Holly S.</span>
Holly S.

"Overall good, some ups and downs as we learned how to work with each other"

What do you like best?

I like how responsive the tech support team is when contacted. It took some time for me to understand how to work with them and that Apollo was basically one large website database, but once I did I was able to understand how to explain issues and problems to tech support better and get the help I needed

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more control for each site individually. There are many times that I wish I could adjust a slight aspect of a resource more than I can, however I do appreciate that the company does seem to take suggestions into consideration with updates. I would really like them to improve the reserve express so that patrons can determine what type of material they want (not just adult fiction items) and/or can decide that they might only want materials in the juvenile section by an author that writes for many age levels (ex: James Patterson).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to smaller libraries, but not to libraries any larger than we are. It is a good system, but there are definite limitations for larger libraries.

Apollo has solved our reliability issues we had with our previous ILS provider. I have really appreciated the automatic notification process for overdue items.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Becky B.</span>
Becky B.

"Apollo ILS/LSP is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

Everything about it! The customer service is unbelievably friendly and they are very responsive. The product is continually being improved - both from their own development and from listening to customer requests. If we are trying to figure out how to do something that is new to us they are there to help us out, and no matter how silly our question might be they treat us respectfully. The software itself is made for small and medium sized public libraries and it quite simply does everything we need in a very efficient and professional manner.

What do you dislike?

I truly cannot think of a thing we dislike about this product or company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because they offer a free, unlimited trial using your own data, what do you have to lose? Give it a try and you will never be sorry. I highly recommend this product!

The efficiencies of this software have freed up staff time so we can spend more time working directly with patrons. Through this software we have given patrons a lot of control of their own library use which empowers them and makes us look great!

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Geo M.</span>
Geo M.

"The best Library Automation System I've used."

What do you like best?

Updates are automatic, 90% of records can be pulled from other libraries, label printing is free and easy and most importantly the folk at Biblionix actually listen to suggestions from users. Sometimes it takes a while to implement but they really want to make it the best experience possible for their users.

What do you dislike?

The search functions could be better. Specifically, it searches punctuation which can get frustrating if you have accents and such. Other than that I really don't have any major complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a new Automation System and have a stable internet connection I strongly recommend looking into Apollo. It has been a boon for us.

As a small library Apollo allows us to not have an onsite IT person to manage a server and keep everything going. This alone has made the cost of Apollo an excellent deal for us.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Thomas S.</span>
Thomas S.

"Simply the best ILS for small public libraries"

What do you like best?

Breadth of features and unsurpassed customer support

What do you dislike?

Some aesthetics of the user interface could be updated, though they are constantly improving everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply put, do it! At least take them up on their offer to set your library up on a trial basis. At no charge, they completely implemented a functional system using all of our data from our previous system so we could experience just how amazing it is. We truly had an opportunity to experience how Apollo would work in our own library.

Apollo has allowed us to offer cutting edge service to our patrons in a system that is user-friendly, intuitive and backed by top-notch customer support. We use it to manage all aspects of our library operations, including circulation and online public access, patron authentication to third-party services, and integration with our statewide interlibrary-loan program.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great ILS for small library"

What do you like best?

Biblionix staff is great. Very responsive if we have a question or problem. Great library catalog. A lot of good add on features.

What do you dislike?

My main complaint is that the reports can be a little clunky. They're not bad and I've learned to use them, but often I'll wish for a report that is difficult to create. Most reports I've wanted, however, have been available--just need to figure out how to generate them.

It's a library catalog--what every library needs to have. It is affordable for a small library and has plenty of good features. The folks at Biblionix really stay on top of industry trends and library requests. They don't do everything, of course, but I can tell they try to make it a top-of-the-line product that is responsive to the needs of library staff.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Susan W.</span>
Susan W.

"Apollo is our invaluable partner!"

What do you like best?

Designed for smaller public libraries which means all the features are useful. Great interface with collection service. Reports are highly adaptable to get the information we need. Best of all, the customer service is amazing. Friendly, patient and knowledgeable staff go the extra mile to quickly resolve any questions or issues that may arise. Constant improvements are a real bonus - sometimes we didn't even know we needed a feature until Apollo introduced it. Highly recommended!

What do you dislike?

Since Apollo is a web-based service, we have problems whenever we have connectivity problems. I have found that the system is usually back up and running quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it ... you'll like it!

Easy to learn, even for part-time staff and volunteers. Catalog is very helpful to our remote customers. Collection of fines and charges is easy.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Carrie B.</span>
Carrie B.

"Apollo is the best!"

What do you like best?

Apollo is constantly changing and updating according to our feedback. They are super responsive and have customer service that most can only dream about. What you imagine customer service "should be" is exactly what they deliver. Excellent communication. Never a day without a response. Frequent updates and easy instructions about the new "how tos". Also, it's cost effective for a 3,500 community library.

What do you dislike?

There are no dislikes with their service.

I have yet to find a downside of going with Apollo.

Best I've ever used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! You won't regret your decision.

Apollo is user friendly, easy for patrons to use, excellent interface for staff, good looking, quick reacting platform...It looks great. Public has lots of access remotely. Reports in Apollo are wonderful, powerful, and can be customized at your request.

User in Libraries

"Perfect for small libraries"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive and user-friendly, and they are always adding more helpful features.

What do you dislike?

Have had some issues with offline checkout recently. I believe, however, it has something to do with some changes our IT staff made on our circ desk computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended to many libraries, and will continue to highly recommended, Apollo to any small or medium public libraries. From migration on, customer service has been helpful. We don't have to contact them often, but when we need them, they are there to walk us through whatever we need to do to fix the problem, even if it's a Mozilla Firefox issue and not specifically an Apollo issue.

Day-to-day operation of the library. From circulation to cataloging and reports. It helps us work more efficiently and effectively.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Darla C.</span>
Darla C.

"Apollo is very user friendly."

What do you like best?

The staff made the transition very smooth. I also love the tutorials available. The ease and convenience are refreshing.

What do you dislike?

That Apollo is housed in Firefox. I have had lots of issues with my computer since installing and using Firefox. My IT guys told me Firefox does not update on a regular basis and that is why I am having so many issues. Another thing I would like to see happen, when we enter a new material or patron, to have an option to print a label out from that screen. This would be a great time saver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this company and system.

I can run reports with ease. I also like that each user have their own password, so that we know who is doing what!

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Gwin G.</span>
Gwin G.

"Great for small libraries"

What do you like best?

Apollo automates many of the tasks that take up so much time in small libraries, like notifying patrons about reserves and making ILL checkouts easy.

What do you dislike?

I would like a more robust search-and-replace feature in the catalog. We are having to correct a lot of mistakes in the catalog prior to an inventory, and some things we have change one by one instead of in a group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial run with your data in it. Make a checklist of everything that needs to happen, because some integrations can take a long time, for example, the ILL component.

Much better return rate of overdue materials. We have saved so much time and postage since the software allows us to make better use of auto calling and auto emailing.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Jennifer A.</span>
Jennifer A.

"When second best won't do!"

What do you like best?

Customer service is always perfect, prompt, and precise. Apollo is very reliable, user friendly, and covers everything we need in collection control.

What do you dislike?

If I had any less than happy thoughts about this system, it would be that the Search engine is a bit picky on capitalization and spelling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret switching/ signing on! The people are fantastic, the software is so easy to use and versatile for every library need.

Apollo is so efficient and user friendly, it allows me to zip right through cataloging without a hitch. That feature alone saves me so much time and trouble that it allows me to move on to other duties, and as a one person staff, that list of duties is quite long.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Jolene K.</span>
Jolene K.

"Apollo Saved my Life!"

What do you like best?

Apollo was extremely easy to learn to use and to incorporate in my library.

What do you dislike?

There are almost too many helpful options.

I chose the Apollo program when I needed to immediately install a new book automation program at the same time as upgrading my computers. Everything had to be done simultaneously and quickly with a minimum of training due to the short time factor. This program has a short learning curve for people new to it.

User in Libraries

"Great catalog for our mid-size library"

What do you like best?

More control over bib and holding records in order to customize to our library.

More customizable reports for stats etc.

More user friendly searching, account maintenence, and wish list for our patrons.

Great user forum for questions and tips.

Printed reserve slips make contact tracking and reserve pickup more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is good, but sometimes slow.

Needs full screen mode built-in; outside browser add-ons are unreliable.

Unable to mark item lost while in Circulation login; not all staff has Administrator privileges but circulation staff needs to mark item lost for patron reporting loss and wanting to make payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The trial mode offers a great way to explore Apollo using your own catalog.

Old system often had glitches resulting in items not checked in/out

More customizable reports than old system.

Automatic reserves through the catalog rather than stored on paper with manual entry every item.

More bib records available without importing at added expense, especially movies.

Automatically contacts patrons with email or text reducing the number of phone calls made by staff.

More efficient cataloging for ILLs.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Lakehills L.</span>
Lakehills L.

"We love Apollo"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Apollo is the updates. I love how they let you know what is changing and give you full information as to how to use it. Also, any changes I have suggested that I need on my Apollo, they have done their best to accommodate.

What do you dislike?

I think my least favorite feature is the Catalog screen where the latest books go, I would like more control over what books are in the scroll.

Getting the patrons updated is simple and the reminders are great. We also love that it won't let you leave the checkout screen without hitting check out until it reminds you that it needs to be hit.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Kimberly B.</span>
Kimberly B.

"We love Apollo! "

What do you like best?

The ILS system is extremely user friendly for both staff and patrons. They are also constantly updating the interface to meet the changing needs of the community.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is nothing that I truly dislike.

Taking the library out of the 4 walls of our building. Patrons are able to go into Apollo from their own devices at home or on the go to use the catalog, place reserves, and access our digital databases.

Administrator in Libraries

"The best ILS for our needs"

What do you like best?

The customer service is phenomenal as is the product itself! It makes the workflow so much better and is easy to use the different functions within Apollo. This is very intuitive and user-friendly software and is great to use!

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I dislike about Apollo! They have covered all the bases and are receptive to additional detail that may help am individual library.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very intuitive ILS and has everything that you could think of and more and is very easy to use!

We now have a 'text-a-librarian' capability that we did not have before at an extremely reasonable cost and the benefits are numerous!

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Debbie G.</span>
Debbie G.

"Apollo "

What do you like best?

The support! Apollo staff is always willing and ready to help in any way! Award winning, cutting edge - always on top on the latest trends. Ease of use and very patron friendly.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about Apollo! The support turn around time is speedy - which is great in this fast paced society.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small to medium sized public library, I highly recommend Apollo ILS/LSP. Friendly and easy to use interface. Our patrons love all the features. The Apollo staff is very innovative and continually finding ways to improve service. The Apollo support team is fabulous and always available.

Better customer/patron service.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Richard S.</span>
Richard S.

"Apollo is a strong versatile ILS"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use, integrates well with our website, and we get great customer service

What do you dislike?

Limited use of receipt printing (only for checkouts). The printing of holds, and other items that are limited to full sheets of paper. Printing on receipt paper for reserves, ILL, and such are in the works.

The further automation of contacting patrons has been of great benefit. It has freed up time spent by employees contacting patrons on day to day issues such as ILL materials being in, late materials, and reserves.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Patrick L.</span>
Patrick L.

"Volunteer and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Although we are organizationally new to the system, it is relatively easy to learn the basics and train new people to system use. The advanced features are great.

What do you dislike?

We wish that there was at least a template for websites that have a tried and true track record to enhance the platform through and with the Apollo system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Value and app power for the price.

Clearly, security is enhanced, collection control made easier, and communication with users is quick and accurate.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Tami L.</span>
Tami L.

"Best ILS ever!"

What do you like best?

The team at Biblionix are continually upgrading the system, taking into account suggestions from their customers. They are super responsive to any inquiries, and provide excellent support.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything that I dislike about Apollo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Come see it in action! I would love to show you how Apollo is the best choice out there!

It is easy to keep track of patrons, previous cards and any issues. We can limit accounts that are chronic problems, lowering our exposure to losses.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Kelly H.</span>
Kelly H.

"All you need!"

What do you like best?

The ease, convenience and intuitiveness of this program is incredible.

What do you dislike?

prefer more linking ability from screens

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it.

Apollo solves all our library material management issues. The time we spent on our other ILS was astounding as opposed to Apollo

User in Libraries

"Apollo Review from a Catalogers perspective"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of cataloging with Apollo. It has made cataloging so much easier. I also like the lay out of Apollo.

What do you dislike?

My main dislike is there are no short cut buttons. You have to click on everything. It would be so helpful even if you could use the enter button to proceed. Plus, I am currently cleaning up our authority records and it is such a hassle with the back and forth because when you go from one screen to another. One last thing I wish there was a way have more than one Material tab open at once.

I really don't have any dealings with the business side of Apollo.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Maurie S.</span>
Maurie S.

"Apollo is easy to use with many features for public libraries"

What do you like best?

Cataloguing is very easy, most of our employees can now copy catalog. The linked accounts feature is very handy for circulation.

What do you dislike?

Some functions, like checking who last checked out a specific title, are cumbersome, time consuming, and require a lot of navigating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apollo has proved to be the right fit for us!

Reliability is so much better than our previous ILS, which had lots of down time, we never experience that with Apollo.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Apollo ILS"

What do you like best?

Apollo is a very reasonably priced product that does everything our small public library needs. Also, the folks at Biblionix are wonderful and always helpful.

What do you dislike?

The staff-side view is not quite as modern looking as the public side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend this product. The Apollo team is always improving and updating the product, and they are very helpful.

Apollo has been our ILS since we went to an automated system.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Melissa K.</span>
Melissa K.

"Apollo rocks!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and continuous improvements that occur based on library input.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It is easy to use and a great price for a small library.

Patron saint and staff love it

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Ashley P.</span>
Ashley P.

"Amazing Service and Great Product"

What do you like best?

The number of features combined with the low cost, really makes this ILS a great find!

What do you dislike?

There are a few features that I wish were a little more robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hands down recommend Apollo for small public libraries. This ILS is easy to use, packed with features, and the customer services is amazing.

The text-a-librarian has been a great way to reach our patrons, that avoid our phone calls!

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>JA B.</span>
JA B.

"A Small Library's Dream"

What do you like best?

Reasonable price - Cloud & remote access - Immediate response to issues

What do you dislike?

Would like a few more fields...like type of material. Also, difficult to edit actual marc fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Come and try it.

Great staff interface. Easy for admin to manage. Volunteers can us to help with projects without getting into patron information. Can work off site. Customers are able to manage their own accounts from home.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by <span>Teresa L.</span>
Teresa L.

"Fantastic Automation!!"

What do you like best?

I love everything above this automation system! Very easy to use, constantly updated, very quick response time if there is a problem. I couldn't recommend Apollo by Biblionix strongly enough.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything to dislike since I implemented Apollo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider using this automation system if you are making a change.

The automation system makes everything in the library run more smoothly.

Administrator in Libraries

"Apollo has brought our automation system into an easy-to-use, visually appealing format."

What do you like best?

Automatic updates, catalog with enhanced features, technical response by service team.

What do you dislike?

Some report information I would like to have for state library reports sometimes takes several steps to acquire.

Ease of use, regular updates and communication from tech team, inventory, and data for reports.

User in Libraries

"I am director of a library that uses Apollo."

What do you like best?

I have found the Apollo system is easy to use and meets our circulation and reporting needs..

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything in this product that does not meet our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a small library and this system does a good job of meeting our circulation and reporting needs.

We use it for library circulation and reports.

"Ten years with Apollo"

What do you like best?

The customer service is the best. Tech suppost is outstanding. The Biblionix staff has encorporated ideas and suggestions from librarians into updates of their software.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything to dislike about Apollo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If possible get this software. You will love it.

We are able to serve our library patrons better with the features in Apollo.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by Administrator

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

The ability to see when a book should come back so you know about when you will be able to take it out.

What do you dislike?

There should be a way to put a note in every linked account.

The ability to link family accounts so they share fines allows parents to know children's fines instead of total shock.

Apollo ILS/LSP review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, once I knew what to do.

What do you dislike?

Some of the titles on the dashboard do not allow easy deciphering where specific functions are located.

Knowing what is in our catalog, allowing patrons to research availability, keeping track of check outs and late fees.

"Ease of use."

What do you like best?

That they continue to update their product.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything that i dislike.

Makes my job easier.

Learn more about Apollo ILS/LSP

Apollo ILS/LSP Videos

Learning about Apollo ILS/LSP?

* We monitor all Apollo ILS/LSP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Apollo ILS/LSP to Similar Solutions