Apollo.io

The unified Apollo.io platform ensures reps reach the right person, at the right time, with the right message. Access an accurate database of 200+ contacts, full sales engagement stack, dialer, custom in-platform Account Playbooks, custom scoring models for leads, tasks, and accounts from the Scoring Engine, the industry’s most advanced Rules Engine, and the industry’s only advanced custom Analytics suite.

Work for Apollo.io?

Learning about Apollo.io?

Apollo.io Reviews

Ask Apollo.io a Question
Showing 51 Apollo.io reviews
Apollo.io review by Ankurman S.
Ankurman S.

"ZenProspect is ZoomInfo/Sales Navigator + Outreach.io/SalesLoft + Chorus.ai ALL IN ONE"

What do you like best?

Read the title!

There's a shit tonne of Salestech Saas products out there. When it comes to sales prospecting for SDRs, ZenProspect is going to win this race.

I'm an ex-Outreach user (sorry folks). Their product is addictive and got me obsessed with personalized prospecting at scale.

But hopping around between different tools just to get the leads into the Outreach Databases was time-consuming. ZP solves this with their Prospecting tool. There are more leads in their database than you can prospect in this lifetime without violating Google's spam alerts. So that's prospecting.

The sequence tool, may even be an exact clone of Outreach but it's smooth and not buggy compared to my experience with Outreach where I'd have font size errors often while composing my emails.

ZP's sequencing tool comes with solid engagement metrics to make data-driven prospecting.

Finally, the call transcribing feature helps to understand the sales call for coaching and prospect sentiment analysis. Research says that a winning sales call is when the prospect speaks more than 62%.

Combine all of this under one hood, makes me question if the sales leadership in teams who are shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars to different services even have heard of ZP or not. Well, VC funding will run out eventually.

ZenProsect consolidates what is needed for the SDR to unleash their full potential at work. I'm a believer and think they will crush their components over the next 3 years as long as they keep offering their supper support.

The only thing that can beat ZP would probably be something that can hypnotize the prospect into signing the contract without any objections or questions. But then, it takes away the thrill of the whole sales process.

Great work to ZP engineers for building a SOLID product. Kudos to the sales and marketing team for helping me learn about it.

What do you dislike?

It's a young product and as an early adopter they have room for improvement and adding helpful features to maximize a rep's productivity.

For ex - drag and re-order steps in a sequence is one I can think of now.

Not much except that their $6,000 price tag on an annual contract basis can be a bit of a challenge for an internal champion like me to sell into my org.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Why would you pay to ZoomInfo (for half-baked data), Outreach.io/Groove/SalesLoft, and Chorus/Gong separately when you can have all of it for less in one platform.

Makes it easier for the reps. Saves them time so that they can focus on selling than trying to look on LinkedIn, what the prospect liked.

If you use HubSpot for your CRM, don't shop around, just give your money to ZenProspect. Thank me later.

- High-velocity prospecting

Set 8 discovery calls within 8h of triggering an Upsell campaign from the 1st email.

- For us, HubSpot integration is a MUST. ZP does it like no one out there.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apollo.io
Apollo.io review by David S.
David S.

"Automated Lead Prospecting & Outreach"

What do you like best?

The application is great - the ability to search for prospects and add them to a sequenced drip campaign - but our favorite part of Zen is the customer experience / service. The platform can be used self-serve, but the support you receive, as needed, is invaluable. Their team helps you build confidence that you are doing things the right way and provides fantastic context for your expectations.

What do you dislike?

The UI / UX hasn't been as slick as it could be. We were early adopters, and so there were glitches, but they've pushed frequent updates that have addressed many of the issues. In addition, the team is always an email a way to schedule a call to walk you through things or even send you a personalized video to get through the problem.

Also, there is a fantastic opportunity for them to add ABM to ZP. A simple way to hit your recently emailed prospects on Facebook / Display advertising would really change my world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ZP is a fantastic option if you are able to commit the time to getting things setup. They will try to keep you on task, but it is up to you to put the time in up front. If you do that, then ZP will make your life so much easier!

Automated prospect. One-to-one email out reach. As an ad-hoc CRM for our pipeline.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Apollo.io review by Ron C.
Ron C.

"The go-to solution for prospecting"

What do you like best?

Sophisticated simplicity. It is super sophisticated for prospecting. It has a very robust set of features, and the keep adding more on a regular basis. But it is also very easy to use. Focus on prospecting keeps the extra weight of a typical CRM system out of the picture.

What do you dislike?

There isn't actually anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You'll like it.

The solution is perfectly geared for prospecting. No extra baggage or complications yet is very robust in terms of features. It is easy to find segments, get targets, start outreach, and track results. It is much easier to use than a CRM but integrates with them smoothly. ...but for prospecting, the data is much more easily accessible and intuitive than having to use a full-blown CRM. The rate at which they release new functionality is impressive. I have recommended them to several companies.

Apollo.io review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"The Kobe Bryant of Prospecting tools."

What do you like best?

ZP has made my life as a salesperson a million times easier. I've been in inside & outside sales for over a decade and have never used a tool that took my prospecting to the next level the same way ZenProspect has. It had really great sequence tools to send the right message to the right person. I really had great success making email chains that sounded conversational, would prompt me to call the customer if they read the emails multiple times. Essentially, this automatically creates cold leads into warmer leads for you. Did a lot of test to formulate a best practice sequence that you can plug and play into any niche, so potential clients (I email pretty much only CEO's) feel they are being talked to instead of sold even though it's an automated sequence. I can not say enough good things about the tool itself. However, the best part for me is the CSM team @ ZP. Erin and James are super responsive and knowledgeable. A lot of times I asked "Would it be possible to do xyz..." and send a ticket in through their Intercom. Within minutes, if I already didn't get help from their resource center, James or Erin would get back super quick and explain how. This is a company doing all the right things.

What do you dislike?

The automated emails can spam Gmail and block your account but this is NOT a ZenProspect problem. I found a good solution to cap it out at 400 emails per day, but set the hourly setting to 50 or lower. Also add an unsubscribe link. Found this as best practice to prevent G suite deactivation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just Do It

Finding leads and follow up are done automatically. The ZP plugin for Chrome is a lifesaver too if you want to stop people warm leads or not interested people in the sequence.

Apollo.io review by Zack C.
Zack C.

"Source and Engage Faster than Ever."

What do you like best?

I like how easy the platform is to learn, and how intuitive the user interface can be. They thought about the user experience when developing this solution. The Chrome extension is awesome!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there can be minor bugs, but with a platform that is truly a solution, it can take a while to iron out all the kinks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend ZenProspect as your automation and prospecting tool. Their data is good and their platform is amazing. This is the solution for sales teams of all sizes.

We needed a way to nearly completely automate our outbound prospecting efforts. This has achieved this goal. On top of that we can now automate our follow-ups for certain sales processes, and we can load .CSV files into the tool and keep following up with opportunities that were lost in the past.

Apollo.io review by Sam J.
Sam J.

"Fantastic Prospecting Automation"

What do you like best?

Most prospecting tools that I've used are either for sourcing leads (zoominfo, discover.org) or automating outreach (toutapp, salesloft).

Zenprospect combines the best of both worlds, giving you the ability to get high-quality data such as verified emails and direct phone lines for prospects and then enroll them in call and email sequences directly within the platform.The efficiency and value of this are enormous: for instance, my first 20 calls using leads sourced in Zenprospect (enriched with Direct Dials) lead to 2 qualified meetings.

This makes it a particularly useful tool for companies that are scaling their sales team/process and don't have the luxury of a well-stocked CRM.

What do you dislike?

Navigation between prospects/leads and contacts/accounts is a bit disjointed

Recommendations to others considering the product

I second the reviewer that touted James as a CSM. He'll make your experience with the product phenomenal.

Problem: finding and reaching out to new leads

Benefit: this has increased our ability to set qualified meetings and demos

Apollo.io review by Jackie V.
Jackie V.

"Powerful Software, Awesome Customer Experience"

What do you like best?

I like how specific I can get with my filtering criteria when building a new audience, along with the database size which is large enough for me to get as specific as I need to be without worrying that there won't be enough contacts to run my campaigns at the scale that I want to.

What do you dislike?

The tool can be a bit tricky when you get started, but is very powerful once you get the hang of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The database size really blows a lot of the competitors out of the water. Be weary of competitors who tell you that their bounce rate is unreasonably low.

We needed to expand our database and reach a specific audience, and Zen Prospect allowed us to do that.

Apollo.io review by Nick W.
Nick W.

"Execellent lead capture and automated email sequence suite"

What do you like best?

ZenProspect is very sleek, comprehensive software. It allows you to set an ideal customer profile sorting by title, company size, location, and industry.

Uses a 1:1 contact to credit system to fulfill and even houses an a fully automated email Sequencing. Capture your thousands of contacts, add to campaign, and hit go.

When someone responds, they are taken out of the Candence for follow up.

Full set it and forget it.

Resulted in 30+ net new meetings with Fortune 5000 companies over 5 months of use.

Amazing customer service.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat difficult to use and follow workflow on your own. Every new sequence I needed help from Customer Success, but they are thorough and responsive.

Prospects receiving emails know they are automated and have tendency to get mad and demand to unsubscribe. This could be because of messaging however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get James as your CSM!

Full top of funnel outsourcing

Most comprehensive tool to get qualified meetings, fast.

Great tool if taking a one-to-many / quantity of over quantity strategy.

Apollo.io review by Robin F.
Robin F.

"Best sales tool I've ever seen"

What do you like best?

ZenProspect lets anyone in a sales role work in the most efficient way. The UI was built to work with how a sales professional works. If you're a manager they give you the reporting you need-easily. If you're an AE or an SDR that is trying to optimize any part of your job, the tool facilitates that.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about the ZenProspect product or team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it. The competitors will say bad things about ZP, but from the good book of T-Swift, "haters gonna hate."

Automating our Outbound process. Within 1 day of my sequences up and running, I've scheduled 2 calls with Fortune 500 prospects.

Apollo.io review by Fernando R.
Fernando R.

"Great B2B Email Prospecting Software"

What do you like best?

ZenProspect is a great email prospecting software tool for small to mid-size B2B companies.

It provides sales teams the ability to build and manage small to large email campaigns that are targeted.

Thanks to ZenProspect’s large contact database.

The software takes some learning, but it enables you to build intuitive email templates and sequences that can be easily optimized and duplicated, so you can scale across other targeted audiences.

The software does provide solid campaign reporting and overall sequence performance, so over time you can learn which email templates and sequences perform the best.

What do you dislike?

The catch with ZenProspect is you need to use your email domain to send prospecting emails, which can cause you trouble if you need to send a high volume of emails per day and your email domain gets flagged for spam by Google, for example.

Best work around is to create numerous email domains, not associated with your company’s domain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions, and have them be upfront about how you should approach emailing through your email domain or an alternate email domain.

ZenProspect helps you solve two big business challenges: fishing with spears (targeted audiences/accounts) vs. nets and refilling the well with water (finding new contacts).

Apollo.io review by Brittany S.
Brittany S.

"ZP - our #1 way to drum up new business"

What do you like best?

ZP automates so much of what we do - allowing us to free up more time to target larger clients. Erin Devine has been EXTREMELY helpful - hopping on to team calls for our super specific ZP questions.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a way to access legitimate/ direct phone lines - even if we had to pay extra for it. (I realize you guys rule at the mass email!!)

We had trouble targeting specific roles in specific industries - Zenprospect simplifies and automates our ability to reach hundreds of people - in a still, customized and tailored way.

Apollo.io review by Joe A.
Joe A.

"Hands down amazing"

What do you like best?

ZenProspect's interface is incredible. They've thought everything out and and the software really works. If I had to pick my favorite feature it would be the their contact searcher tool. The ability to say "give me all hr directors in these 3 three states, where the company has at least 20 employees and is in these industries" is amazing. And here's the kicker, if any of the emails are wrong, I automatically get a refund on my credits... well done ZP!

What do you dislike?

There a few bugs that they're still ironing out, but their support team is very responsive and since I've been using the software, I've seen a lot of minor issues quickly resolved.

Generating leads. With cold calling / cold emailing there are really 2 big challenges. First I need a list of prospects. Second, I need system to keep organized. ZenProspect does both of these elements with flying colors. Bottom line, after only using the system seriously for a month, I've been able to generate 4 solid opportunities (over $100K of work) and over 11 leads.

Apollo.io review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good customer success management, fair pricing"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the ZenProspect team has been really accessible when I needed to meet with them. Their CEO, COO and customer success teams have been around when I needed to meet with them.

What do you dislike?

There have been minor bugs around the SFDC integration but they've been quick and conscientious about squashing them. A very professional team that cares about their customers being successful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Talk thoroughly to them about your SFDC needs

2. Work with their customer success team to get your workflow nailed

3. Make sure you deeply care about sourcing net-new deals. Pricing is not entry-level, but results are for real.

They've helped me cut down my prospecting tools from about 7 down to 1. I effectively use it as a layer on top of Salesforce.

Apollo.io review by Ryan L.
Ryan L.

"5 in 1 platform that actually works! Great for ABS, innovative & attentive team. "

What do you like best?

Honestly the best part about Zen Prospect is the team that built it. They are so incredibly responsive to questions and feedback. They constantly go above and beyond to keep us happy. Their platform is solid and constantly being improved upon. Their team is incredibly innovative and is always coming out with great new features.

They have combined the functions of a CRM, Outreach, Datanyze, Kitedesk, and a highly customizable and automatic prospecting tool the best part is that they get all this different functions to work seamlessly together! Usually with SaaS platforms the saying jack of all trades, master of none applies, but not with Zen Prospect they truly have a powerful end-to-end top of funnel sales platform that has been helping our company set new records.

The prospecting tool has allowed us to prospect thousands of contacts that meet our target persona in a matter of a couple of hours and send them relevant messaging and content.

The amount of powerful data their platform finds and let you use to perform great searches and customize outreach is beyond anything that is imaginable with another single platform. You would need at least 3 other platforms that integrate seamless to get the same capabilities.

Their reporting has made it possible to measure results is so many ways incuding automatically taking note of when a demo or meeting is booked. This is allowing us to refine our messaging as well as our entire cadence so we can continuously improve our metrics.

What do you dislike?

I've been in this "What do you dislike?" section for 10 minutes now trying to think of a few things that I dislike about the platform. The thing is, their CS team so responsive to any issue, making sure to get them resolved quickly. I really don't dislike anything about the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform is extremely powerful and is back by a great team of passionate people. If you check out other platforms that serve a top funnel function you are going to hear a lot of mudslinging and half truths, This was never the case with Zen Prospect they were always upfront and went out of their way to make our use of the platform a success.

We needed to bring some automation to our prospecting and outreach efforts. We were able to more than double the amount of quality demos set each month within 10 days and are seeing great opportunities not only created, but closing. I think any tool like Zen Prospect can either be a blunt object or a surgical tool, it all depends on how well you use it.

Apollo.io review by Brian D. S.
Brian D. S.

"ZenProspect FTW"

What do you like best?

I love the interface and the functionality. The reporting features are strong and keep getting better. The team is responsive and always ready to help, and they continue to improve their product while asking for user feedback. It's customer segmentation tool is very useful and the email sequenced is a lifesaver. The reporting features are clean and I like that I can easily track how well certain sequences are performing in order to A/B test our outbound sales efforts.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything I dislike about this product, and the customer services has been great. The reporting features are still being built out so I dislike that I can't get all the new features right now! I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get as close to inbox zero before you turn on the gas because ZenProspect can really accelerate your sales efforts.

This is saving us significant time and manpower. ZenProspect has really streamlined our lead generation and sales development process. We're able to more closely target our client demographic and reduce time spent on email and inbox management.

Apollo.io review by George C.
George C.

"Results + Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

ZenProspect works and has excellent representatives. ZenProspect has been the most effective platform I've used yet for lead generation. Additionally, our rep has been available for support at all times and has provided actionable recommendations for campaign optimization.

What do you dislike?

Down payment of $7k was a daunting investment but was paid off in the first 2 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you can afford the down payment, it is worth it.

We use ZenProspect for scaled email outreach, which allows us to reach more prospects, more frequently.

Apollo.io review by Lance W.
Lance W.

"Must have tool!!! Amazing response rate, quality data, intuitive interface..."

What do you like best?

The quality of the data far exceeds other profile prospecting suites out there. The interface is absolutely a breeze to work with. On top of that I get world-class support from their team.

What do you dislike?

I wish that ZP would offer more services so that I could get rid of the other point solutions that I use. However, over time they have done just that. I can't wait to see what they build next!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it before your competitors do!

I use ZP to quickly test out marketing copy and new verticals. I can come up with a theory, test it and get actionable results immediately or within a few days depending on the complexity of my test. This is the type of direct response feedback that I need to maintain my competitive edge. If you are building out a lead gen program or you need to fill your sales team's pipeline, a little effort in ZP can multiply your efforts quickly, efficiently and economically.

Apollo.io review by John "Charlie" M.
John "Charlie" M.

"Insanely easy Prospecting "

What do you like best?

It works. Look, it's very plain. You can email several of orders of magnitudes more people in a day than you can call. ZenProspect's Email Sequences does a better job than anyone else I've seen at this.

ZP's CRM allows for a higher degree of automated personal touches to be placed into those emails than any other and with even better deliverability than the competition. A while being easier to use.

This next part is a bit meta; bear with me. I just reread my above review and I realized that ZP's CRM is not their core product. Their core product is the simple and cost effective lead prospecting. It occurred to me that I didn't mention that first only because because that part of ZP works so well that I just take it for granted. I don't even have to think about the ZP leads.

So yeah, the leads are spot. For me though, ZP's tools for engaging with those leads are what make the company in a class by itself. What this means is that my sales folks exclusively deal with warm leads.

ZP is a game changer!

What do you dislike?

There is a 40 character minimum here....

Recommendations to others considering the product

This part reminds me of a tongue-in-cheek bumper sticker that reads "Don't try surfing. It Sucks." I love ZP and it represents a strategic advantage to me and my company.

We need more clients for our SAAS business. ZP delivers ridiculous ROI in that pursuit.

Apollo.io review by Iman A.
Iman A.

"ZenProspect is a super easy to use product, and is a critical part of our growth at Lift League."

What do you like best?

1. I love that I'm able to obtain prospects that are very specific to our target market. We are very focused about who we are targeting, and ZenProspect helps us obtain these prospects quickly, efficiently, and accurately.

2. Creating and sending campaigns, combined with the reporting metrics helps us iterate and improve our copy, and accurately assess the impact of this marketing channel on our growth.

3. Responsive and very helpful customer support.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about the product. I look forward to them enhancing their reporting features even more.

We are targeting small and medium businesses in health and wellness. Reaching SMBs is a challenging problem, and we need to obtain qualified prospects and leads fast, so they can do a demo with a team member, or view the demo on our website. ZenProspect helped us quickly resolve the problem of finding prospects quickly and efficiently.

Apollo.io review by Taylor G.
Taylor G.

"I think I'm in love"

What do you like best?

It has all the functionality you need in an all-in-one lead gen platform. The fact that I can do any type of search I want, craft, and send campaigns out in one tool is.... awesome. ALSO all the little things I ask about - the nice to haves - the seem to build in 5 seconds. OK maybe not that fast, but they have an amazing ability to develop their product quickly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really... again some of the things I have liked about other tools I have been able to recommend as feature requests, and I see them turned around in about 24 hours. It is amazing. It ran a little slow once, but again, I let the team know and they fixed it super quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT.

I am a team of one right now - so I need to have the most efficient lead gen process possible since I am also closing and maintaining everything myself. I also want to build up a great process, so that when I do bring on my first sales rep they can get up and running quickly!

Apollo.io review by Carl C.
Carl C.

"Quick, effective and really works "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that they are the first ones really combining good data with a cadence/outreach tool in one. I don't have to search, scrape and buy data to then put into another tool, here I can just find and execute in one step. Second I like that you can A/B test and change in campaigns as you go.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes in the platform in general, the Zenprospect team has been very attentive to my suggestions on new data sources and information that they have gotten for us.

First of all a all in one tool for leadgen and outreach in a simple way. More time over for additional outreach = More demos/meetings with our target groups. So in the very end we spend time where it is really needed.

The fact that I have been able to cancel several other solutions and just have one interface with no imports/exports is great.

Apollo.io review by User in Internet

"Good to start, but many limitations, bugs, and support hasn’t to be pushed hard for changes"

What do you like best?

Good for startups to grow their business. Good all-in-one for prospecting companies, adding contacts with the LinkedIn Sales Navigator widget, identifying phone numbers and making calls, and building robust sequences that’s you can A/B test to identify your successes.

What do you dislike?

Their database can be weak, so without supplemental sales prospecting tools, you’re may get old/bad data often. Buggy platform, especially when updates are released, as if they didn’t test them. Calls were dropped often and emails would have deliverability issues. Rigid automated functionalities that’s sometimes can’t be adjusted (e.g. if a contact is incorrectly marked as replied you can’t restart them in a sequence) Integration with Hubspot is weak, but improving. Support team reads to you a script on support pages that’s you could’ve found yourself, and regularly claims that “refreshing your browser” will fix bugs, until you keep pressing hard that you’ve tried all these things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if you need a robust sales outbounding platform with clean data, or if you’re ok with dealing with occasional bugs at a lower cost to boost sales volume.

Grew our lead generation by a significant number, but eventually blew through many leads and ran into deliverability issues.

Apollo.io review by Graydon R.
Graydon R.

"ZenProspect; An easy to use, highly- efficient tool for demand generation"

What do you like best?

ZenProspect is a great. It can serve as a stand alone tool for lead generation (ie research, prospecting, drip campaigns) and will integrate with your CRM (ue Salesforce). Clean interface with intuitive features that help keep the workflow efficient. The email sequencing feature is great and easy to A/B test against outbound sales. Reporting and analytics are strong. Lastly, their customer support is on-point.

What do you dislike?

At first, as with any new Saas, CRM, tool, etc there takes some ramp time. After discovering how 'Tags' help with customer segmentation, we were good to go. Customer service support during the early (and throughout) stages were superb, real-time feedback and advice. Thanks all!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you turn it on, it ramps up quickly, so have processes in place to meet the demand!

As a lean organization, ZenProspect has helped with cranking up our lead generation and outbound sales while mitigating the logistics nightmare associated with out/inbox management.

Apollo.io review by Ali S.
Ali S.

"It's the best SDR we've never had"

What do you like best?

* Showing the appointment (meeting) rate in reporting has been key to dialing in on what messaging works best

* Customer profile (list building) has saved my team TONS of time

* Despite having annual contract, being able to pay monthly is solid

What do you dislike?

* Lack of revenue based reporting if you don't have Salesforce properly set up (not really their fault to be honest)

* Really, just the lack of attaching revenue (once again, a difficult thing to do)

* Trying to generate as many appointments as possible

* Trying to build customer lists without spending hours in excel

* Trying to keep on track with following up with customers despite not having time for manual follow ups

Apollo.io review by Megan S.
Megan S.

"Mass Prospecting Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Easy to upload your current data, easily purchase new contacts, then you are virtually given a free email automation tool. It is very easy to use and set up. Gmail integration makes it easy to manage sequences and contact stages without having to leave. You can set parameters for tasks to call once an email is opened a certain number of times, saving me and my team a ton of time with cold calling. Linkedin Integration is a nice feature as well.

What do you dislike?

Does not provide addresses. We can upload them ourselves then export those, but we like to do mailers so it would be nice if they had that information for prospects as well.

Cold calling, business development, advertising, finding new vendors

Apollo.io review by User in Internet

"Good idea, poor execution"

What do you like best?

I like Zenprospect's concept best– being able to filter their database for prospects and add them into contact strategies all at once, not having to go back and forth between different systems.

What do you dislike?

Sadly, it's all just a concept, and realistically very poorly built, glitchy software that I can't trust. Emails don't send on time, if at all, the number of contacts within a given filter constantly change or disappear, and the more you use the platform, the more holes you find. The product is very immature. The shortcomings of other tools like Salesloft, Yesware, and Outreach are all negligible compared to Zenprospect's vast inconsistencies and unreliability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to trial the software for yourself before purchasing and try the other tools out there as well. I've spent hours trying to get a campaign running due to glitches in the platform.

We use Zenprospect to create filtered lists of contacts to target based on the technologies they are using. It's been beneficial to filter all under one platform as there would be no way to do this on LinkedIn Sales Nav.

Apollo.io review by Brad D.
Brad D.

"Great system and even better staff"

What do you like best?

The interface is very clean and laid out well. Everything makes sense of where to click to find what and their analytics tools are very in-depth.

What do you dislike?

I occasionally encounter odd bugs in the interface where the page doesn't fully update or searches don't populate but a quick refresh usually solves it. If not, James is always on the ball responding to me and getting his team to investigate and fix the error very quickly.

This helps me immensely with lead management and the early stages of filling my pipeline.

Being able to source prospects from LinkedIn with their Chrome plugin or searching using their database is simple and helps me find and sequence prospects quickly.

Apollo.io review by Scott U.
Scott U.

"Super Effective & Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

It's amazing how many extremely useful tools they can pack into a well thought out and well designed browser based platform. Every single time I thought to myself, "Man, it'd be GREAT if ZenProspect could do THIS certain thing!" I'd look into it, and that was already a well thought out and easy to use feature.

Also - the customer service. This company has the greatest customer service I could ask for. So much so, that my company is now doing everything within our power to emulate the experience we've received from ZenProspect.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit daunting when you first log in and try to understand what's going on. But they have an incredibly useful support section and a very responsive customer service staff that will answer any and all of your questions thoroughly and with patience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not sure, I'd recommend reaching out to their support staff to see if ZenProspect fits your needs. It will be worth it.

We have a large number of prospects/leads/customers to keep track of, and they're all at different phases of our pipeline for different reasons. ZenProspect really helps us to keep organized in a very efficient way. It also makes it extremely simple to keep track of how our campaigns are doing with their reporting tools.

We've saved time, manpower, frustration, money, and the hair on top of my head (otherwise I'd pull it out) thanks to ZenProspect.

Apollo.io review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Huge Time Saver & Better Optimized Sales Process"

What do you like best?

We implemented ZenProspect across our team to eliminate the manual emails we had to send daily and for looking at and finding better/more qualified potential members. For those things Zen shines! We've cut the time we spend in our email inboxes significantly as well as the time we spend looking through thousands of potential members just to find the 1% that might actually be good fits for us.

What do you dislike?

We didn't like the lack of reporting against tasks, scheduled calls, emails, etc, or the lack of openness in their API. They've since started working on all those things though and have already implemented a number of our suggested features.

Our time management with regard to manually sending, sorting and tracking emails has improved dramatically while our systems and processes have become more optimized and efficient.

Apollo.io review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"All in one tool for your prospecting and email campaign needs. "

What do you like best?

ZenProspect consolidates many sales tools into one, for less. I use it mostly for its prospecting capabilities, rather than its outreach capabilities (which are great too), and I find it to be superior to LinkedIn Sales Navigator and other prospecting tools due to it's advanced, but easy-to-use screening parameters. The team is also very supportive and great to work with. The interface is clean and quick, and even if you can't find a lead, they'll manually look it up for you and send it your way. Final note - it's a credit based tool (meaning you use credits to get lead information), but the good news is that you only spend credits on contact information that they're 100% confident in.

What do you dislike?

There were certain companies (typically small ones) missing from the platform altogether, despite being available on LinkedIn. That said, they still have more contacts total in the system than most other tools I've seen, so you can't fret too much on that.

ZenProspect allows me to seamlessly source leads, faster and more efficiently. I am not an SDR, but if I ran an SDR team, it would absolutely be in their toolkit to use as there's no doubt it would make them measurably more productive.

Apollo.io review by Patrick R.
Patrick R.

"Doesn't get much better than this!"

What do you like best?

I have used multiple prospecting and outreach tools over the years and this bar far tops the list. Also, they have one of the most remarkable customer service team in the business. I am personally working with James Luong and I can't speak any more highly of him and his team. He was answering my questions at an unreasonable hour on Thanksgiving, while he was travelling and sick!!

What do you dislike?

I don't love that it takes 24 hours to get my leads back, but I understand that this is to ensure the leads have a low bounce rate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have already recommended this to every applicable colleague I have. 100% get on a discovery call with them and make up your own mind, but this saved us a lot of time and money, because this tool covers prospecting, reporting and outreach.

Solving all prospecting related issues and outreach headaches. The team have a very comprehensive knowledge of how to refine your prospecting methodologies within the tool and ensure you produce the most relevant outreach pool possible.

Apollo.io review by Cameron H.
Cameron H.

"Awesome all in one for sales"

What do you like best?

As a small company, ZP is great for your prospecting needs and has an amazing automation interface. I love the Gmail integration as well.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't that much to dislike. The prospect pool could be stronger but it is still a viable solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed if you go with ZenProspect.

It is super easy to add new contacts into Salesforce and streamlines the prospecting process.

Apollo.io review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Excellent product, responsive support"

What do you like best?

This is a great product that we rely upon daily for building customer relationships. The ab testing, sequencing and editor capabilities are first in class. It's a delight to use. We reviewed many similar products in the category and none had the ease of use and as clear a ui.

What do you dislike?

The analytics have been getting better, and I look forward to more progress. Ultimately I'm able to get what I need and the guys are super responsive with any questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the investment. Pay attention to workflows in the demo and you'll see how they're more flexible than others in the category.

Acquiring and growing customer relationships via email. We've built out our pipeline with ZP as our most primary acquisition tool.

Apollo.io review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Have been using ZenProspect for about half a year now and I love the tool! "

What do you like best?

I like that the emails are all sent automatically based on time zones. This is one part of the automation that I absolutely love. No more manually entering emails or copying and pasting templates. This has saved me on average about an hour a day.

What do you dislike?

The site does have some outages and sync issues with salesforce. Besides that I would highly recommend the tool.

We wanted to have as automated an outreach as possible. Zen has done that for us and allowed us to spend out time elsewhere on more important tasks. The manual emailing is what I feel like is most powerful.

Apollo.io review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"Awesome Product!"

What do you like best?

At ChatLingual, we value a product like Zen Prospect that helps us understand the effectiveness of our outreach campaigns. Zen Prospect's platform gives us the ability to be detailed in our inquiries, and get real-time data that allows us to quickly alter and improve our program. When we have an issue or question, Zen Prospect's staff has been helpful and proactive in fixing and developing their application, which makes it even more usable and friendly to quickly get what we need.

What do you dislike?

Zen Prospect is a fairly new product, so at times it can be challenging to navigate or understand some of the features. This isn't necessarily a downside--they are simply adding new features all the time!

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using ZP, recognize they are a growing, promising software. They may not have all the features you want right now. However, if you talk to them, they want to improve, and have demonstrated the ability to do so.

ChatLingual has been able to gain greater insight into the effectiveness of our outreach campaigns with Zen Prospect. As a start up, our biggest challenge is establishing meaningful conversations with potential clients. By using Zen Prospect, ChatLingual can effectively meet and overcome this challenge.

Apollo.io review by Steven P.
Steven P.

"Most comprehensive sales automation tool on the market, with a crazy responsive team behind it. "

What do you like best?

Sales tool to rule them all for a seller. Like a Rapportive, Salesoft Cadence, Hubspot Sales, Yesware all in one.

Allows you to prospect, make lists, send trip campaigns, track emails, save templates. The product is the new kid on the block but already best in class as far as I'm concerned.

To top it all off, since they are still early stage, you have a lot of access to co-founding team and they are very open to product suggestions. I asked to have a feature added into the drip campaign section of the tool and it was added within 24 hours. I've never seen that anywhere.

If you're in market for a tool that'll help your SDRs and AE's this is the best choice.

What do you dislike?

Since it's new some aspects of the offering are a little buggy. Their chrome extension which should notify when emails are opened and clicked is a bit buggy, doesn't always work. The good news is that that's a minimal feature and they told me they're on it and will fix soon ... given their turnaround time, I imagine it'll be fixed in the next day or two.

Also, be mindful they don't have every lead in their database (although they do have many). Supplement your lead requests from their database with a more manual process by using their Chrome Extension to pick off new leads you wanted added from Linkedin.

Pipeline. Sales automation.

Apollo.io review by Evan B.
Evan B.

"Great Customer Success Team! "

What do you like best?

ZP is a great platform but the real reason to go with them is the customer success team. They are always willing to jump on a call and if your dedicated rep can't someone else will.

What do you dislike?

There is a heavy amount to take in rate off the bad but once you get going it all starts to come together.

Obtaining emails and direct dials. ZP gives me leads to bullseye companies that I didn't know existed.

Apollo.io review by Amit A.
Amit A.

"Totally satisfied"

What do you like best?

It's an extremely powerful tool. It reduced our prospecting time to minutes and allows us hours more per day for strategic outreach.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such. So far we are quite happy with its features and efficiency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to improve your outbound sales through calls and emails, look no further. Zenprospect is the answer.

We wanted to improve our outbound sales and were in the lookout for a well rounded product. Zenprospect completely suits the bill.

Apollo.io review by DJ K.
DJ K.

"moved off salesloft for zp"

What do you like best?

ability source and work lead all on one platform

fast salesforce updates

What do you dislike?

too early to tell at this point, must has been positive

Recommendations to others considering the product

trial it out to see if it meets your needs

spending money on too many tools - down to 1

Apollo.io review by User

"Highly antiquated system, High support turnover, poor customer service"

What do you like best?

easy to track emails that were opened by customer

What do you dislike?

very complicated system, which they modify and realign constantly so very difficult to ever know where anything is or how it functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search elsewhere. This company treated us completely differently prior to us signing a contract and writing a check to pay for their service, then once we became a customer and were treated like a nuisance

Prospecting.

Apollo.io review by Britni P.
Britni P.

"Great Email Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

What I love about ZenProspect is that the software is easy to use, customer service is excellent and you can see who views your email/how effective your marketing.

What do you dislike?

Maybe it was my software from salesforce and data.com but sometimes my contacts were "bad data", meaning the emails would bounce back or not be delivered to the sender. However when I did figure out about the "bad data" Zen told me exactly how to terminate the problem.

I can reach more people and send numerous emails fast and efficient.

Apollo.io review by User in Computer Software

"This is a great tool for finding exactly the right people for us. "

What do you like best?

ZenProspect has helped us find and an connect with exactly the right people in the right industries.

What do you dislike?

Not all industries are well represented on ZP. We are hoping they continue to add data across an increasingly wider array of industries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find out how deep their database is in the specific industries you serve.

We are niche service business and we struggled to find exactly the right contacts we needed to connect with. ZP has many of the exact contacts we need in several of the industries we service.

Apollo.io review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great prospecting tool for a variety of titles"

What do you like best?

The UI and navigation of ZP is intuitive and works great. If you are targeting titles that are less common and harder to find, ZP is the tool for you.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there is a higher than usual bounce rate for verified emails. This can cause issues if you have a limited amount of credits to use.

Lead Gen/Prospecting.

Apollo.io review by Michael U.
Michael U.

"High quality contact data with integrations that streamline workflow"

What do you like best?

The LinkedIn overlay makes it effortless to find contacts, verify their contact information, tag them, and place them in outreach campaign.

What do you dislike?

Need to improve functionality when contact info is unable to be found or contacts have changed jobs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it

Our 3-person business development team is able to function like a 15-person team - massively improved productivity

Apollo.io review by User

"Nothing but issues after signing up"

What do you like best?

Automation build in and also used as a sourcing tool. Brings together automation, outreach and sourcing.

What do you dislike?

We have had nothing but issues since we signed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DONT DO IT! We have spend more time trying to get their support to help fix their issues then we have been using the product.

Outreach, sourcing, and automation of those task.

Apollo.io review by Samuel D.
Samuel D.

"Great product, everything needed for email outreach"

What do you like best?

Its a very complete tool which allows you to find targeted leads, while at the same time being able to do a whole email sequence campaign and follow the results in realtime.

What do you dislike?

Would be great to have more integrations with different platforms.

Ability to segment different industries and see which one performs the best

Apollo.io review by Cecilia  S.
Cecilia S.

"Wonderful and very helpful Customer Succes "

What do you like best?

The quick response and the operative process

What do you dislike?

I didnt dislike anything, the information was clear and very useful

lead generation

Apollo.io review by Alan S.
Alan S.

"This stuff is killer and best data out there!"

What do you like best?

The creation and personalizing of our email sequences

What do you dislike?

Not much. Really like the customer support

Outreach with high customization

Apollo.io review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Productivity Force Multiplier For Sales Team"

What do you like best?

the data and intelligence you get from their data is incredible. You can layer some predictive analytics to really jump start sales

What do you dislike?

i dont like having to purchase contacts with credits. Should be always on and unlimited for one price since im sharing my data

better prospecting and targeting of accounts and contacts

Apollo.io review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Great for analytics and insight into your email campaigns

What do you dislike?

Prospects contacts and details not always current.

Good email campaign platform where all of our contacts can be kept in one place. You can upload your existing contacts and the contacts are private.

Learning about Apollo.io?

* We monitor all Apollo.io reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.