AppColl

AppColl Prosecution Manager is a cloud-based IP management product designed to significantly increase productivity while reducing both the costs and risks of running a small patent firm or corporate IP group.

Work for AppColl?

Learning about AppColl?

AppColl Reviews

Ask AppColl a Question
Showing 25 AppColl reviews
AppColl review by <span>Axel N.</span>
Axel N.

"Patent Law Automation"

What do you like best?

I have been using Appcoll since 2014, when my firm had outgrown a homemade docketing solution. Since then, Appcoll has become a key tool to help my firm grow efficiently.

One of the best features is its automatic import of USPTO PAIR data through XML files. It saves time, but maybe even more importantly it serves as a quality control tool. Appcoll marks any discrepancies between USPTO data and its internal data. I have found spelling mistakes between USPTO filing receipts and my docket that way before, which I would not have otherwise.

Over the years I have customized Appcoll tasks to automate, as much as possible, recurring task. Reporting a filing receipt has become a matter of just a few clicks - and the client receives an automatically generated email with the receipt attached.

What do you dislike?

In short: There is nothing I really dislike about Appcoll. Yes, there have been a few bugs in the application at times, but the Appcoll team has always been responsive and fixed those when alerted to them.

Appcoll is an integral part of managing all aspects of my firm's activities. As you would expect from a docketing system it keeps track of applications and related tasks. Beyond that, I use it as much as possible to also replace the need for an assistant: Appcoll prepares reminder emails that I glance over and forward to clients. It prepares pretty much all of my forms for filing new applications.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AppColl
AppColl review by <span>Kristine A.</span>
Kristine A.

"Function, price point, customer service, and adaptability: GREAT"

What do you like best?

When I have an issue, the response is fast, personable, and effective. I've gotten prompt attention even outside business hours. We are a small office with a very complex client structure and unique needs; AppColl is flexible enough to make this work well, even at our small scale, and at a reasonable price. They are continually working to add useful features and to keep pace with PTO changes. I liked AppColl when we started using it, and I love it now.

What do you dislike?

There used to be some inefficiencies in using the system, but AppColl has both responded to our requests and innovated on their own to add useful features, so we have nothing to mention here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I particularly encourage small firms that have no IT department to try AppColl because they are very supportive with both implementation and use. The more you understand how Access-type database systems work, the easier it is to implement and manipulate AppColl but that knowledge is not necessary for success, and that's the beauty of it.

Accuracy, organization, and efficiency are our main objectives. AppColl has helped us maximize all three. We can efficiently and effectively manage docketing of deadlines. IDS management is superb, saving us time and grief. Client letter and document creation is efficient and accurate. We have even finagled a way to create templates to use for EPAS (assignment) filings, which ensures accuracy while saving time. We can use our time to create and deliver a better product to our clients rather than wrestle with tedious clerical tasks.

What Intellectual Property Management solution do you use?

AppColl review by <span>Nancy M.</span>
Nancy M.

"Happy Long Time User"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ease of use, breadth of features that make my job more efficient, responsiveness of the support team when I have a question or concern and the ability to setup my own task types to address my companies individual needs.

What do you dislike?

My schedule is so full that I lack time to keep up to date with all the new improvements and features available to me that would free up more of my time and that of my staff!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this program. I did trials on three other IP software programs and AppColl was the easiest to implement and understand and priced quite significantly below their competitors. The only reason it took us more than a few days to go live was my lack of time to make it happen.comments below. I do not at this time have access to the actual figures requested below.

Our business is deadline intensive based on communications from the US Patent and Trademark Office and foreign patent offices and AppColl helps to calculate, track and alert my staff of upcoming deadlines at a frequency that I establish. The result is far greater efficiency and accuracy so critical to the legal field.

AppColl review by <span>Carl T.</span>
Carl T.

"Best IPM System"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, flexibility, ease of use and learning, various features that allow us to provide useful information to clients as well as internal resources.

What do you dislike?

The ability to link with our document storage (e.g., OneDrive) would be nice, but the system is very close to perfect as it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having used multiple IPM systems in the past, AppColl is the perfect one for us from multiple aspects. We would (and do) recommend to anyone. This is a hidden gem.

We use AppColl mainly for docketing, but also for reviewing status of cases, generating various reports on matters and tasks, generally managing our workload. The system is very easy to learn and to use. It is extremely easy to customize and fit to needs of individuals in the firm, as well as, clients. Automation aspects save us tremendous amount of time.

AppColl review by <span>Vinca P.</span>
Vinca P.

"Acceptable Cloud-Based Docketing Application"

What do you like best?

- cloud based

- pulls information from USPTO PAIR

- can link cases together so that Office Actions show up for IDS purposes

- The ease of creating IDS'

- The ease of using filters to create customized spreadsheets/reports

What do you dislike?

- Office Action tasks need to be marked as "Missed" in order for the subsequent task to show up; and if it is not marked as missed, the entire application could go abandoned by failure to respond to an Office Action

- I have not been able to figure out a way to create my own tasks to add to the Drop down menu of pre-created tasks

- I cannot customize some of the pre-set "Reports" that were created

- I cannot re-create an IDS once it has been created once because the "Create IDS" button disappears completely

- I cannot customize the task Drop Down menu in the Billing section to add in the descriptions

We are trying to solve the problem of docketing our patent prosecution matters. I've realized that this is an okay application for docketing, but not the best one.

AppColl review by <span>Dave O.</span>
Dave O.

"Couldn't image running my practice without AppColl"

What do you like best?

I love AppColl. I like that it's web-based so I can access it anywhere without horsing around with some antiquated VPN system. I like that it integrates with the USPTO's website to automatically download status updates for trademark matters, and now also you can manually instruct it to update patent matters from Private Pair once you've uploaded your credentials. I love that you can customize tasks and have automated emails be sent once specific events have occurred, or tasks have been created or closed. Simply put, this software allows me to run my practice without any administrative help because I have it set up to automatically generate all of my routine reminder letters/emails, as well as all of the template letters/emails that go out to clients. I also really like the Invoice module, which I use for all of my billing. I have been using this software for at least six years, and it has only gotten better with each update they put through.

What do you dislike?

From time to time I have come across bugs in the software. That being said, this happens less and less often, and they always strive to have it fixed as soon as possible.

AppColl is the single most important piece of software that I use on a daily basis. It handles my matter management, docketing, billing, and even automatically generates template emails and letters for me.

Learning about AppColl?

* We monitor all AppColl reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.