Appcues

Build a personalized user onboarding experience that welcomes, educates and drives users to take action. Then watch your user-base soar.

Work for Appcues?

Learning about Appcues?

Appcues Reviews

Ask Appcues a Question
Showing 25 Appcues reviews
Appcues review by <span>peter c.</span>
peter c.

Great product - amazing it is not even more widely known

What do you like best?

Appcues allows you to deploy in-application marketing to your users without touching code. It makes doing in-application marketing (often the most effective) as easy as lifecycle email marketing.

We started using Appcues because we were actively looking to build in-application marketing messages ourselves, our VP of Engineering convinced us to search for a vendor that could do this "off the shelf" rather than building a custom solution.

We found Appcues, thank god: it has saved us weeks if not months of engineering time. Appcues integrated with our Segment installation giving us unrivalled targeting data, it is almost absurd how many dimensions you can target from within Appcues.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more design patterns - I would love to inject Appcues content natively within the webpage, rather than in a modal.

I think the reporting (big investment area in 2017 and 2018) is a little light. We use Heap and SQL to do most of the analysis, and that works ok: but I'd love more functionality such as conversion goal tracking: worth noting that this feature came into Beta in December 2017, and will update my review as we test it - but looks great so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run a pilot - you'll be impressed!

Appcues helps us drive product adoption and user engagement.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Appcues
Appcues review by <span>Víctor P.</span>
Víctor P.

Appcues powers up all your experimentation

What do you like best?

Super easy to use. It is primarily used by users with no technical background that feel really empowered by delivering meaningful experiments in our user experience without having to depend on Engineering.

The integration with Segment allows us to power up extremely detailed experiments (i.e. show this message only to users that have done A but not B, whose account has spend more than C and that are using the dashboard in language D).

In the last year they have added a lot of options to simplify the customization and styling of modals, which usually required some coordination client side.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I like that it is extremely focused on solving just one problem and doing it right, instead of trying to become a Frankenstein product that solves for everything (like other personalization products).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The integration is really easy. I would recommend anyone considering it to just take it for a spin.

We added Appcues to our mix around 2 years ago. At that point I think we were one of their earliest customers.

We have a multi-app user dashboard, where the vast majority of users are totally self-service and with a wide range of knowledge about both the platform and the industry.

We are also a fast moving team, where at any given time you could have a good number of small and large sized experiments running

Appcues is a really easy way of consistently deploying navigation and conversion experiments without having to block Engineering resources.

We have used Appcues for a wild variety of use cases and it always delivers.

What Conversion Rate Optimization solution do you use?

Appcues review by <span>Jason G.</span>
Jason G.

Good product headed toward great

What do you like best?

It is relatively easy to use and allows us non-programmers the ability to put up announcements and product walk throughs quickly and easily.

We have added our own targeting criteria which is really powerful for us. So we can target users based on their usage so far of our product and show them the very next step they should take. This allows us to be very specific with our instruction.

What do you dislike?

When you target something on one URL (Like your demo or developer site) and then push it live to another URL the editing capability always launches on the URL you built the flow on. If a flow is only showing on one URL then the editing should launch on that URL.

I have had to have a UI designer from my company help me with the "look and feel". I have had trouble with some of their built-in tools to control the borders around my tool tips.

Their tool uses a browser extension to place and create tool tips and modals. This has taken some getting used to for sure. When I hit the "Shift" button to use controls on my web page it opens in a new browser instead of the one I'm in making it very hard to edit flows sometimes. Sometimes I just have to back all the way out and go back in. This relates to the URLs, I believe.

Onboarding users that sign-up for a free trial of our service. We have seen an increase in the usage of our product since using AppCues but we have made other changes that may have caused that increase. But this functionality is considered "table stakes" for us meaning we just have to have it.

Appcues review by <span>Kendal A.</span>
Kendal A.

Continually improving, great asset for marketers

What do you like best?

Appcues gives me the ability to message to our users without having to fit into an engineering sprint cycle. It's been an invaluable tool for the Marketing team to reach customers with important updates about events, the product, and new content.

What do you dislike?

While it's getting better, the product is not super intuitive. Reporting requires some handholding and toggling between sections takes too many steps. Luckily, their support has been top notch to help overcome some of the UI issues.

We launched our NPS survey in-app with Appcues and tripled the number of responses in half the amount of time. Appcues is working on refining this NPS product and does an excellent job facilitating and implementing customer feedback. We're beginning to use Appcues directions in areas of our product that often result in support tickets but haven't done enough testing to see the impact of that.

Appcues review by <span>Alex M.</span>
Alex M.
G2 Gives Campaign

Appcues is a no-brainer!

What do you like best?

Appcues provides us with a low-cost, low-energy solution for reaching our brand new customers. It's inexpensive, simple to set up and SUPER effective. Once our modal was ready to publish, it only took one of our developers about 7 minutes to link it to our system and set it live.

What do you dislike?

There are few things that I dislike about Appcues, but sometimes it can be tricky to get a modal to look exactly the way that you want it to. For example, I find that there are very few font sizes and styles to work with. So if you're using an image of your product in the modal, you may not be able to match the Appcues font to your product font.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to give it a try!

With Appcues, we've essentially eliminated new user phone call/email inquiries. We're able to reach them proactively as soon as they complete their account registration and walk them through crucial steps to success.

Appcues review by <span>Milton S.</span>
Milton S.

Easy Onboarding, announcements and in app help

What do you like best?

Appcues is a breeze. From the easy way to install and get ready; to its UI, UX, documentation, customer support, and integrations. Appcues Is very intuitive with a really good visual approach. The hubspot integration is a killer feature that lets you round up the user experience in your own app.

What do you dislike?

Appcues is an almost a perfect 10 tool. I'm waiting/hoping to see a set of features, and given the way this tool is growing, i'm pretty sure those features/improvements/integrations will happen soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate Appcues right now to your app/web app, forget about coding and start creating a better customer experience in a visually pleasant way.

User onfoarding, feature tutorials, in app help, user education, integration with hubspot to send personalized emails related with user experience.

Learning about Appcues?

* We monitor all Appcues reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.