Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

4.7
(159 reviews)

Collaborate from anywhere! Easy video meetings with no login for guests.

Work for appear.in?

Learning about appear.in?

appear.in Reviews

Ask appear.in a Question
Showing 163 appear.in reviews
appear.in review by Jon N.
Jon N.

"Always on. Always there. Always reliable."

What do you like best?

Everybody knows what's going on, whether working from home at the office. Everyone can engage with each other whether related to work or just socially. I enjoy paying for appear.in. It solves so many problems for me. I have a room for my remote team colleagues, so we always can just speak out when we need each other, and keep in touch socially.

My kids have rooms for gaming with their friends and it works great for them.

Always on, always there, always reliable. For remote colleagues or just when people are working from home or are on the road and need to check in with team mates for a quick question. Appear.in solves this so elegantly.

What do you dislike?

I would have hoped for a recording feature. The current one is not that great as it just records the web-browser window and sound of the host. This doesn't accomplish good quality while it is probably good enough for personal use.

A sound only solution á la Zencastr would be amazing. That would allow local recording for good quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have ongoing web conferencing for a decent sized group of people - this is the perfect solution.

Remote work. Meetings. My main takeaway is that it is great to have a "room" where you always meet, without having to formally book meetings and have zoom meeting URLs that die after the meeting. My tag-line for appear.in would be "Always on. Always there. Always reliable"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about appear.in
appear.in review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Great for online consultations"

What do you like best?

appear.in is great because clients don't have to download any special software, they just need to click the branded link that I send them and we are ready to connect - this is especially important as some of my clients are not tech savvy.

It is also great to be able to screenshare and connect with more than one person at a time

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike as I find it more reliable than Skype or other services but like any video chat platform if your internet connection is not great then that can affect call quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to do video meetings or consultations with one or more people this is a great option

I am happy to pay for the paid version, I probably only need the free version but it is a great product. I love having my own Planet Naturopath "room' and to be able to customize it with my own branding which makes everything look professional

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

appear.in review by Alvaro C.
Alvaro C.

"Getting us closer"

What do you like best?

One of the features we use the most is the integration with Slack, our communication software, it is so easy to create a room and saves a lot of time, just the command and click and voilá! you are seeing each other.

What do you dislike?

I would like it to have a focus-on-camera of the person speaking, so we don't have to click on the person we want to see bigger, but instead it would be nice if it detects who is speaking and brings it up front.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is so easy to setup and manage, and also have good pricing :)

Just how quick it is for us to start a video conference, this is usually a problem in companies with remote workers because normally it would take some time to have everything set up, make the call, with appear.in and slack, you can do this in less than 5 seconds. And for us this is a major benefit. Bringing us closer, faster.

appear.in review by Alex K.
Alex K.

"Seamless video conferencing and screen sharing that just works"

What do you like best?

We started using Appear.in early on: it is browser based and very fast! Performance is probably the biggest reason we use it, performance == convenience to us. To join a conference one needs to simply click a link, which opens as a browser tab and you can immediately see your teammates, share your screen and talk - no need to install any additional software.

Oh and it also works on mobile! I had no issues doing a video conference with 3 of my teammates, over flaky 4g network. Very impressive!

What do you dislike?

The need to switch the room type when number of participants exceeds 4. I would think this would be automatic. I'm sure there is a technical reason to it, but still..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - you will likely stay. It is that great! Appear.in doesn't require administration or training. Your users will thank you for it.

When working with the remote team a good video conferencing solution is a must. Appear.in happens to be one of the best. We do have Zoom, which works great, but it is not as fast. People just naturally prefer Appear.in.

appear.in review by Artem Z.
Artem Z.

"Excellent video conference app for a team up to 12"

What do you like best?

Before appear.in we tried google meet, skype, zoom.us, and jitsimeet. Appear.in works great in the conditions where the rest starts having issues in the connectivity. We have some team members from India, where connection speed is quite low and we always had issues to communicate. With the help of appear.in we, finally, have a meetings of a good quality and can focus on a business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes (quite rare) you need to reconnect in order to recover the quality. Then it is not quite comfortable to use the app as an alternative to the video chat with the friends, because of the concept of virtual rooms. You can;t simply video call your friend

Our team is 100% remote and we use appear.in quite often (around 1 hour per day). We plug the appear.in rooms into our google calendar and now appear.in the room can be reserved as a normal resource inside the google cal.

appear.in review by Nikolay G.
Nikolay G.

"Easy to use no signup needed, doesn't consume huge computer performance"

What do you like best?

You can create your own room and claim a custom URL for your room which is really awesome. Easy to use. People don't need to sign in to join the conference. You don't need to install a software like many other conference tools. Doesn't consume a lot of the computer performance. You can connect by phone. It's the cheapest conference tool that you can get. I already did a comparison between the top 10 conference softwares and this had the lowest price and the most features.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to the number of the participants that can join a meeting at the same time. If you are looking for international dial-in, I'm afraid appear.in doesn't have this feature, but you can still reach out to them and consult this question as I'm not 100% sure. It may be that it's there but I couldn't find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have all the tools that you need and you have a low budget to spend a conference tool this is the best option. I did a comparison between 10 different conference tools and this was the cheapest with most of the features we were looking for.

Having the ability to lock a room once a meeting has started and all the participants have joined. It's the lowest price conference software out of the top 10 tools. It gives us the possibility to share the screen or video share with ease. The most important benefit of using appear.in is saving money while at the same time we have all the tools that we need for a conference meeting.

appear.in review by Charis P.
Charis P.

"A Better Alternative than Most"

What do you like best?

The ease with which visitors can get into a chat room without having to sign up for yet another account. It's surprising just how many of our visitors have commented on this. On a side note it is great for personal family and friends usage too.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to have the camera and mic off by default for chatroom owners. I'm not a great lover of having my face showing when I am simply using the room as an audio session.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You won't regret it.

It allows us to chat and video chat with international customers for a low flat rate per month. Much cheaper for us than our phone service provider or Skype. In addition it allows us to have small group tuition sessions without a complex setup.

appear.in review by Emmy C.
Emmy C.

"Easy to work with"

What do you like best?

The program is simple in its work. A large number of participants can take in one webinar broadcast, it's a pity, that other programs can not afford this. There is a free trial. The quality of the sound and video are good. It's possible to record a video and send it by reference. Live chat works well and simplifies communication with webinars. There is a mobile software, if your visitors are on the road, they can still connect to the broadcast via the phone or tablet.

What do you dislike?

Because of technical problems conferences were broken, it happens several times. At the start you need to get used to the settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a good program for webinars or online conferences, then appearin will suit you. In order for conferences to pass without problems, you will need a good Internet connection and a high-quality microphone. If there are problems it works, the support service always reacts quickly.

We use the program to conduct online conferences every week, as our team works in different countries. Also, we regularly conduct online training for new employees and get in touch with our customers. The program simplified our work.

appear.in review by Douglas P.
Douglas P.

"Easy for nation-wide interviews"

What do you like best?

We are a tech-savvy beer quality company. One of our first "tests" when screening candidates is how well they can manage tech during an appear.in interview. If they can't figure out something as simple as appear.in, they are not ready to work for us. We screen share, we conference, we use it all the time.

What do you dislike?

We want to use the screen share more effectively - more like a shared doc than a passive screen that we watch. We might need more help. It would be great to get monthly tips.

The business problems we are solving are mainly for HR and hiring. We are able to screen candidates far more effectively than with phone calls.

appear.in review by Chuck S.
Chuck S.

"Appear for Remote Users"

What do you like best?

The ability to see all participants in similar sized windows is great! Other tools only show the person currently making noise in a big window and everyone else is so small, you can't see them

What do you dislike?

It does require everyone to have high bandwidth (around 100Mbps). When traveling, we sometimes have issues with hotel internet services. not being fast enough. I would love to see Google Calendar integration.

With completely remote employees, it is hard to develop a real team. Using Appear every time we talk makes it seem like we are all in an office together. In fact, the first time we met in person, it was like we had known each other for months.

appear.in review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Service seems to always work, with nothing to learn"

What do you like best?

Uou send someone a link, they dont have to install anything and its always working quickly. I can send this link to someone with 0 computer skills and it will be a success. A really big bonus was when the developers responded to an idea I had (which Im sure many others did too) and later it became a reality.

What do you dislike?

I miss the feature where it put graphic overlays on top of the chat window. That was a good way to lighten up the room a bit. I should contact the devs to try and get it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great if you want a lightweight, meeting and screen sharing solution

Im able to hold quick video conference meetings or share my screen, without hoping someone is on the right platform or device. Im able to have quick meetings in and out with people, keep it private and record it for later organization with my assistant.

appear.in review by Amandio S.
Amandio S.

"It just works."

What do you like best?

It is very simple and straightforward. Pretty consistent across different platforms with very simple control/settings features. I use with Clients and other Team Members all the time. Screen sharing is just a click... Nothing to install. It just works in everybody's computer or phone. Good that it works on different browsers.

What do you dislike?

1. The camera should start off by default.

2. Would also like an option to save the chat (at least for the room owner).

3. Sometimes I finish a meeting and stay in the room by mistake. There should be should be some type of automatic mute (and cam off) after some idle alone time

4. Some browsers still require a plugin install of some kind.

5. Safari does not work perfectly with screen sharing

6. Controls could indicate the shortcut key on mouse over

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out and claim your test room.

Remote meetings help me save time and money with travels and commuting. I manage a team that is in different locations, so having an effective remote conferencing solution is paramount. It just keeps the team closer and engaged.

With clients, the branded room (in which I added a picture of our office) helps with credibility when you are closing deals that require a lot of trust and you are not in person in front of the client. Appear.in is surely the best solution after being in person (or some times better).

appear.in review by Zach R.
Zach R.

"The Web Conference/Video Chat We Always Wanted"

What do you like best?

We most appreciate the ease of sharing a video chat with anyone at any time (send the link, 1 click to talk). We frequently send updates to clients, and it has proven exceptionally easy to include a quick reminder about the appear.in rooms with links. Clients regularly inform us that they had forgotten they could access us so easily, and when attempted, the process was simple and effective.

What do you dislike?

The greatest degree of frustration remains the oddities with notifications (desktop and mobile). We try to set up notifications, but we have multiple users logged into the same account. Notifications never seem to work quite right (some get them, some don't; we only get them when no one is in the room; mobile notifications are especially frustrating).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone considering appear.in should understand that while the system presents as a very simple and unadorned product, it offers a wide variety of additional features that easily rival any of the larger powerhouse products (at a fraction of the cost!). With the new addition of recording meetings, I cannot think of a reason to ever go back to previous products we have used.

We serve clients in a wide array of situations and locations, so the ability to quickly access our team and share problems via screen sharing and camera is constantly beneficial.

appear.in review by Glen H.
Glen H.

"Simple and Dependable - just the features you need"

What do you like best?

that it works in a browser with no requirement to down load software. It has a very easy entry (just send out the link and join) and has the basic functions needed - screen sharing, video and audio with a simple chat window. So many other apps are bloated with features that most people never need or use which makes them difficult to start up.

What do you dislike?

Settings in the main PRO account for multiple rooms can be a bit confusing

Sometimes it can be easy to get a ghost session up on a single computer.

There is no screen share on the mobile application (ie. cant share a presentation on the ipad with others)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple, fast, inexpensive and easy to use video conferencing and screensharing appear.in is a great service.

video conferencing for clients and for team. Travel benefits. Much richer interactions on video and more secure sharing screens not files.

appear.in review by Jam M.
Jam M.

"Great Tool to Collaborate Easily with Clients and the Team"

What do you like best?

The ease of having your own video conference room with a simple URL is great. No need to do requests just to have a meeting. Send URL and you're done. Another fave of mine is having our internal rooms that each of our managers is responsible for. They can have their team meetings quickly and easily.

Another feature that I love is that you can edit documents on the fly and collaborate during the call. This is very useful for our content team to quickly comment and solve any issues remotely, even if they're out of the office. Imagine having to edit a document and discuss at the same time - real time within the room.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to mention but it sometimes it sucks up a bit of bandwidth. I notice that some of my online apps slow down when we use it. The recording feature would've been good to be included in the Pro plan (which we're currently on) and not as an add-on since this is an expectation of conference room products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd like to have an easy platform to use for video conferences or quick meetings without having to request their usernames then this is the product for you. Ease of use and quickness - saved time.

Have saved time overall. This is a total of emailing clients, partners and the team to just hop on to a quick call. Imagine all the hours saved!

appear.in review by Rodrigo M.
Rodrigo M.

"I love it!!"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to brand, from the logos and backgrounds to the actual "domain". The simplicity of use is amazing and it's a very effective tool for meetings presentations and calls.

I believe we could have better tools for branding the site because sometiumes the background and the windows behave weirdly so the actual page brandon doesn't look as good as it could be... but that's not a really big deal.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the "knock" button should be clearer so people that gets in to our private room for the first time knows what to do.

I also think that having clearer notifications when everyone's in, for example for the chat, when someone puts a link could be better, here are some ideas:

- detect website links, attached photos and organise them in the chat window so everyone can have a quick look at them every time without having to scroll all the way up and look for them

- send the attachments and links via email (as if appear in had taken notes for the meeting) to the participants who want to receive them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an amazingly easy to use platform that definitely helps you have effective and simple conferences, meetings and presentations with colleagues, clients and people in general.

First of all: meetings... we used to use Google Hangouts, but Appear in is way easier to remember and to use.

We also use it for presentations with clients and other people.

appear.in review by Edgar L.
Edgar L.

"Easiest way to Videoconferencing"

What do you like best?

Easy of use, web-based on desktops (so no downloads), no need for complicated links to connect, just type the URL and that's it. Once again, the best part is that your clients do not need to go through a complicated download and installation process, so it is very straight forward with little/no need of system/computer knowledge to make it work.

What do you dislike?

Recording capability is a little clunky, doesn't feel like straight forward. It is easy of use but it is not well thought in terms of user experience or logic sequence with the need of starting over and over everytime you switch the screen shared. The only time I requested support, it took a while to get an answer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the easiest videoconferencing tool out there. Recommended for companies who need to connect with different clients/customers without making them pass through difficult/complicated processes of download or installation

Easy connection with clients, really easy... (compared to the other options out there)

appear.in review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Our most relied upon tool for remote working"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Jumping into a video chat is as easy as handing someone a URL. We treat our Appear.in "rooms" as common rooms for all our remote workers.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup pains of "Can you hear me now?". This is much less to do with Appear.in and much more to do with end users computer or phone configurations.

Our entire dev team is remote. Appear.in allows us to quickly and easily chat with each other as if we're in the same room. In fact if you saw our Slack channel you'd think we all worked in the same office and met up several times a day in the "appear.in room".

appear.in review by Sofija D.
Sofija D.

"Best click no registration needed video conferencing for chrome"

What do you like best?

Easy room creation, I've used both free and paid option and whenever I can avoid other video conferencing tools I recommend clients to use this. Best share screen option (share a tab, window, whole screen).

What do you dislike?

free option seems to be really limited now (we started using appearin years ago and have transferred since to paid version but some of the people I have recommended this say their rooms have been deleted).

a lot of people prefer old school webex but mac users on chrome have issues with always installing the plugin, while with appearin most of the stuff is intuitive and pre-set so they do not need to adjust or instal anything.

appear.in review by Victoria M.
Victoria M.

"Connecting teams across Europe"

What do you like best?

I like the fact you can use appear.in as a 'virtual office' were you can sit with your team members no matter where they are located. Our team use this office daily and its helped us stay connected and most importantly create efficiencies by enabling those coffee machine conversations online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection can slow your computer down, especially if you use two rooms simultaneously (if you want to join different groups). If you don't have the appear.in window at full size on your screen, the little help button at the bottom is in the way when you starting typing in the chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

hurry up and give it a go!

Real time answers to questions from team members located in different countries. Collaboration on projects which wouldn't have happened otherwise and most importantly, staying connected to your team especially if you work on your own or remotely from home.

appear.in review by Robyn C.
Robyn C.

"Appear.in is easy to use, flexible and does not chew through data the way other systems do."

What do you like best?

I love that I only need to send a client or meeting recipient a link to meet with me. No application install is required. Makes it so quick and easy to meet with anyone, on any device anywhere in the World. For a small business where most of us work from home in a variety of cities it has become an indispensible tool to enable us.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing don't like about my experience so far

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Appear.in and have in fact recommended it to all of my clients who see us using it and see the value.

Meetings with clients hroughout the world can be set up quickly and easily.

We can brainstorm remotely as a team without having to have a meeting room booked to do so. Saves money on venues.

We are able to assist clients via screensharing and coach them remotely from anywhere.

appear.in review by Tsahi L.
Tsahi L.

"One of the most enjoyable casual video calling experiences out there"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, ease of use and the fact that appear.in just works.

You can connect using a browser without installing anything, and you can make up whatever URL you want and send it out to the people you need in the session.

What do you dislike?

Not sure there's anything specific.

I myself prefer lighter backgrounds and the default one of appear.in is dark in nature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out. The Pro plans are on the cheap side and offer some great enhancements like the number of users in a single meeting and the ability to record.

Meeting with people online for my business.

I hate using Skype, and for me, something like appear.in makes it super simple to be able to conduct a first meeting with someone without having to put him on my buddy list or have any of us register to a service.

appear.in review by Madison P.
Madison P.

"We use appear for our online streaming fitness business "

What do you like best?

We love it's ability to seamlessly offer our classes right from our website, that our clients don't need to register for an appear.in account !

What do you dislike?

I wish we had the ability to connect through a browser on devices other than computers. I wish the rooms had the function of password protection, I wish the connectivity was better, lastly and most importantly, I wish we could download our recordings without a third party use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely.

We are solving the difficulties for finding accessible Pilates and Yoga training. Our clients can exercise over appear.in in the comfort of their own homes, and our instructors don't have to leave their homes either!

appear.in review by Glenn M.
Glenn M.

"Simple and Effective"

What do you like best?

Appear.in has allowed us to bypass higher priced and complex online meeting systems while still remaining incredibly effective. No downloads, no logins, just send the link to who you want to meet with, and they're in. Doesn't get any easier.

What do you dislike?

We use appear.in everyday, it's so fluid in our work, I can't really pinpoint what I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn't get any easier and serves the needs for quick communication, screen sharing and directions.

I am in Arizona, my developer is in NYC, my business partner is in Vermont, but everyday, we're all in the same room for a few minutes at the very least.

appear.in review by Norman B.
Norman B.

"Easy,Fast and secure!"

What do you like best?

To use appear.in its just with enjoy. Registration is quick and takes couple of seconds. Software is fully web-based, so the platform does not have to be downloaded onto computer.I like everything on it.

What do you dislike?

About me.I don't have negative comments. But I would like to tell to users who are fighting in any way. Dont be worry tools comes with free support, so people who are whom meet with problems in any way will be anytime get help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best software which i know, allows a lot. For example to carry forward your meeting, send invitations, and manage the registration of your attendees is so simple. Recommend it.

I always in control, with review settings that allow me to change how responses are displayed from no reply, ant to show me counts and percentages. Much easy. So Incredibly secure webinar platform.

appear.in review by Selina M.
Selina M.

"appear.in is tool for quick and easy video chats! "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to connect with multiple people by video chat. The best feature is the ability to generate/keep chat room links - our team using the same chat room everyday for our daily stand ups. We recently upgraded to the premium version and also really enjoy our company branding for when we do external meetings.

What do you dislike?

We do occasionally have issues with connection, such as some users not having sound or video. We usually troubleshoot by restarting browser, but is inconvenient based on how often we use the product. And of course, it is a little awkward when someone stumbles across the wrong video chat and interrupts a meeting. The other major setback is that larger corporations won't use appear.in. We are a startup, so it's is great for internal use, but we end up having to use other party's conference solutions when connecting with bigger companies.

Our team has always struggled with finding an easy-to-use video conference solution that allows us to have quick meetings with our distributed team. We found appear.in last summer and use it everyday! We have different chat rooms for different working groups and send out external links when doing interviews or other remote meetings. Nothing to install and also great mobile app for when on-to-go!

appear.in review by Nils Christian R.
Nils Christian R.

"Amazing for remote work"

What do you like best?

Appear.in is the perfect tool for remote work and all kinds of meetings or stand-ups with a larger group.

We use Appear.in daily for our team meetings. One of the best features is the flexibility of the screen layout. You can see all the participants at the same time, even as some or multiple participants are sharing their screens. You can freely choose what content is shown larger or in full screen.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. One feature that would be nice is a more flexible multi-screen solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a simple tool to try out, and it is free to get started. We pay for a commercial version, because it is cheap and provides us with excellent value.

Brings the team together and makes the product development better, and conflict resolution of our team much better.

appear.in review by Monique W.
Monique W.

"Review of Appear.in"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a good way for the team to have a morning meeting. We also use this platform to talk to our clients at times. It is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

At times we have difficulty with connecting and sometimes we need to leave the room and come back. This can be frustrating when it happens consistently.

For a company that is based all around the country appear.in allows us to see each other each day and chat like a team should. The benefits for this is that we can behave like a normal team

appear.in review by Nick A.
Nick A.

"Appear.in for Simple Quick Video Conferencing"

What do you like best?

The quick setup. Appear.in makes it quite simple to set. Since it is all browser-based, users can spend more time planning and initiating the vudeo-conference rather than tech setup. The "knock" feature is also a welcome addition to block unwanted attendees or give the moderator a little more control.

What do you dislike?

Limited attendees. I could see appear.in used in a number of ways with students and virtual classes but the limited number on who can join a room would may it difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great alternatime to Google Hangouts, Skype, and GotoMeeting. Simple setup and ease of use make it a top choice among students and those with a quick thing to take care of.

It is often difficult to get everyone together in the same room at the same time. In education, there are moments when parents, teachers, and support staff need to meet regularly. This helps Bridget that gap.

appear.in review by Luna L.
Luna L.

"Great and easy remote conversations"

What do you like best?

It's great that the people you want to talk doesn't need to have an account of a certain service so you can have a conversation with them, no signups or logins, just go to a specific room link and you're there. The video and audio are very smooth, event smoother than other similar software.

What do you dislike?

It's kind of mood killer that with the platform simplicity and ease, you have to install a browser extension in order to share your screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is as easy as going to a specific link and start talking. It has a web application and mobile application for on the go meetings.

Meetings with company members around the globe are piece of cake, while it is less than 12 (8 in the free plan). Also inviting prospects for interviews is way easier than making them open a Skype or similar account.

appear.in review by Vytautas B.
Vytautas B.

"Best confere-call app there is"

What do you like best?

We went from Zoom to this and there was no way back for us as it's super easy to use. You just send your private link to the recipient and that's all. A conf-call can be set in less than 2 minutes and speed nowadays is of great importance.

What do you dislike?

The lack of room customization. Needs a bit more polishing. Would love to edit the whole screen of the conference room.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use screens haring more. It's reliable (low latency) and is in pretty good quality too.

Easy to setup a call with a client.

appear.in review by Paul D.
Paul D.

"Appear.in is the simplest conferencing tool yet"

What do you like best?

The simplicity for the attendees is the most important feature and appear.in has it covered.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work well with Safari and being a Mac user, that would be my preference. Although I can deal with it using Chrome, but would love to see full Safari support.

I meet with my overseas development team every morning for our daily scrum. Being able to connect quickly and share updates and discuss progress is critical and appear.in helps me do this without any trouble. with lots of clicks like other tools I use (GoToMeeting).

appear.in review by User in Design
User in Design

"Damn simple yet complete video meetings"

What do you like best?

No need to sign up. No need to install anything. Appear.in simply works.

Just share an URL and go. Easier to use than Google Hangouts.

Complete set of features even in the free version.

Very good audio/video quality overall.

The concept of "rooms" is also a godo idea because they're always active. People can meet "at that room" as it was a physical room in the office, without need to share the URL again, open a dedicated meeting, etc.

What do you dislike?

Login system is kind of madness. A login link needs to be received via email rather than using username & password, this is a pain when more than ore person handles the paid account in the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Want to get a SIMPLE solution for your web meetings? Appear.in is definitely the best.

Of course, other complex solutions such as Cisco WebEx, Gotomeeting, etc. have more features, but most of the times the main problem with clients is that they can't install anything on their machines, for security reasons.

Appear.in is 100% web based so they don't have to: it works immediately, just after granting the permit to the browser to use microphone and webcam.

Setting up meetings and instant meetings with colleagues and clients.

No need to schedule, invite, make them install extensions or software: it just works.

appear.in review by Gaurav P.
Gaurav P.

"So easy there is no excuse not to meet"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and simplicity of the application is what I like most about it. Nothing to install just one click and you are in on desktop. Mobile app is easy to use as well.

What do you dislike?

The endless picture in picture effect when sharing the from a single screen. However I noticed that other similar apps have the same problem or nuisance. I just minimize the screen so we don't have to see it.

Meeting with remote teams for sprint planning. Daily scrum participation for remote team.

appear.in review by Hayley B.
Hayley B.

"The easiest video conference tool we've found"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of appear.in is that all you need is a link to join the video conference, no plugin to install or program to download.

What do you dislike?

We work in education, and sometimes the appear.in website is blocked by the school, which can make it difficult when using appear.in with potential clients.

Our team is partially remote, so we use appear.in all the time to stay connected and work together across locations. The screensharing feature makes it incredibly easy to collaborate on projects and work through issues. We also have been able to use appear.in for live web demonstrations of our product with potential clients as well as training sessions for current users. It is one of the SaaS tools we could not live without!

appear.in review by Kyle L.
Kyle L.

"Managing Partner"

What do you like best?

the ability for each user to determine who they are muting. Best feature BY FAR is the "no moderator" architecture where anyone can mute or unmute anyone else.

What do you dislike?

it doesn't recognize users when they log on, it only recognizes the owner of the room, everyone else is "guest" until they manually change it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an absolute must for any remote teams

I run a remote team, with employees across the US, we use appear.in to make it feel like we are sitting next to each other.

appear.in review by Alexandra P.
Alexandra P.

"Great service, east to use"

What do you like best?

Its extremely user friendly and simple. I've found the connection to be great, no issue with the image or audio distortion. I also love that there is a mobile app, makes video conferencing on the go super easy.

What do you dislike?

I wish there wasn't a pay to upgrade feature, I think it's a bit pricey for adding extra spaces in your room.

I do a lot of work remotely, and being able to jump on a call with multiple people in a really easy way has been helpful.

appear.in review by Gabriella N.
Gabriella N.

"Just pop into the conversation"

What do you like best?

When you invite people to join the video meeting, they do not need to register or anything else. You just need to share you customized link and people just enter the chat room! So easy and fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my internet speed is the problem. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with Appear.in!

There is no need to waist time with transportation anymore. Moreover, you can easily talk with your coworkers or clients (or even group of friends!) regardless of the city you are in.

appear.in review by stephanie h.
stephanie h.

"I recommend all the time"

What do you like best?

Appear In is super easy, reliable, AND links to Slack. There are many options out there for video chat, and even many screen sharing apps, but this is one of the easiest for the other party to also share their screen. I have used this with non tech savvy clients, and they have been able to share their screen with me.

What do you dislike?

I'm a pretty demanding user, but so far I don't have any major complaints about Appear In. Keep up the great work guys!

It is great to meet remote prospects and clients face to face. Plus as a web developer, it is extremely useful to be able to share screens to share designs and particularly elements that involve motion.

appear.in review by Vitor P.
Vitor P.

"Easy"

What do you like best?

Appear.in is very easy to configure, and easy to connect with the clients. No require client accounts (emails for example). The client can connect using our browser, no require install services and nothing more.

The interface is easy to use too, well simple and no buttons to confunse user and clients. Very good.

What do you dislike?

On reconect we have problem with duplication users. But, no cause problems to use.

Nothing, all is good, very easy to use, no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is easy for use, for instalation, and for clients connect.

With appear.in we dont have more problem with clients. No require instalation, very use to connect. We clients and us are satisfacted.

All our team use appear.in, and no more use another solutions.

appear.in review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Appear.in is Great!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. No login required. Simple chrome extension for sharing <- I know that you have to do that because of browser restrictions, but it would be awesome if there was a way around even that part.

What do you dislike?

No file sharing. No chat history control / export / archival. Video freezes on long calls occasionally and seemingly randomly. Recording isn't directly synced with posting privately to YouTube for archiving purposes, so that part's useless to me right now. I use Screencastify to do recordings ATM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Still need a solution for file sharing. Don't try to drag and drop files into the chat because it will automatically disconnect you.

Communications in general. Walking clients through their shopify store and admin.

appear.in review by Lea D.
Lea D.

"Best affordable option for video conferencing"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to set up a room and send a “join” link. No messing with accounts or apps or add-ons!

What do you dislike?

At times, it can be somewhat difficult to maintain a connection with someone you’re chatting with; however, this is a relatively rare occurrence.

We have a need for easy and reliable video conferencing, and appear.in has made that possible for an affordable price tag. We have been have been able to more fluidly integrate video chats into our daily work.

appear.in review by Walmyr L.
Walmyr L.

"I love the simplicity of appear.in"

What do you like best?

Easy to easy! Copying the link of a room a sharing with the person I want to talk is the killer feature of appear.in. Keep doing the great job!

What do you dislike?

I miss the stickers. :(

They used to be a feature where I could add some emotion and fun in the conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd love to have the stickers back.

I do mentoring over the web to people in Brazil while living in Europe. appear.in simply fits perfectly to my needs.

appear.in review by Gaëtan D.
Gaëtan D.

"Easy to Use and Affordable Solution"

What do you like best?

Easy to use

Can be customized easily to provide a personalized Web video and Audio conference tools for internal with employees and external use with customers, suppliers

The link on a Android Phone is marvelous, no install, no apps ! Wow !

What do you dislike?

Sometime have to reconnect because the "integration" with Google Chrome isnt't perfect.

We can more intereact together by not having to install different software on the computer, no updates, only using your actual browser.

appear.in review by Administrator

"Reliable and convenient for distributed teams"

What do you like best?

We like the ability of jumping to calls very quickly without having to use applications or other solutions where setup and get go take more time than when using Appear In. Me and my team also find it very useful to be able to have decent sound and image when we talk with people with not very good connectivity, which is difficult to find in other platforms.

What do you dislike?

I think the only part that I've struggled with is trying to use the platform in browsers other than Chrome. Other than that, I think we have just had minor issues when plugging headphones or mics to the computers but I think that's related to the browser, not necessarily the app.

Being able to communicate with my team, that is distributed across four different locations. We all have a favorite on our browser and everytime we have to talk we know where to go. We have also set other "channels" or "rooms" where more specific topics are discussed. We have recommended it to customers based on the good experience we have had.

appear.in review by Administrator

"Our go-to video conferencing web app"

What do you like best?

We've tested a number of video conferencing solutions before settling with appear.in. Connections of our daily calls that last for hours have been stable and the video/audio quality is usually reliable. The concept of rooms is great, in addition there is no need to create an appear.in user to join a chat instantly.

What do you dislike?

It would be handy if there was a master user in control of all claimed rooms able to assign sub-ownership of individual rooms to team mates. It would also be useful if there was an indication of the video resolution during a stream, even while it fluctuates due to network conditions.

We're located in a number of different offices across 2 continents and are using appear.in to connect these offices during their overlapping working hours daily so that team mates across locations see each other and can chat with each other without having to specifically set up meetings. We're also conducting weekly team meetings where a reliable video conferencing solution is important.

appear.in review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Does the job well"

What do you like best?

It is probably the easiest web conference tool. You just send out a link, and all of the sudden, everybody is in the call, sharing video or voice. The mobile client has an option to join voice only, saving data and bandwidth while traveling by car or commuting. You can create multiple rooms, support is responsive. It got better significantly the last 12-18 months.

What do you dislike?

Currently, it is limited to Chrome and that makes it somewhat problematic. Chrome tends to be a memory hog, and although it happens rarely, people get "robot voices". If such happens you have to disconnect and reconnect. You can't set up meetings with attendees and allow these people to join automatically while excluding others. If you have 20 members who can start a meeting (enter a locked room), they can join even if another meeting is in progress. You can create multiple rooms though to avoid this.

We have a remote team and we do weekly meetings, daily standups and also client meetings through appear.in.

appear.in review by Consultant

"Simplest, most straightforward way to quickly communicate with collaborators"

What do you like best?

Appear.In is lightswitch simple. On most platforms, there is a lot of time lost getting software installed, updated, connected, invites updated, etc. With Appear.in all I have to do is copy/paste and I'm into the session. Screen sharing works well and is much easier to use than alternatives like Zoom, which is bloated and badly designed and takes forever to get into a video conference by comparison.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI and layout could be clearer or more obvious. whenever I try to use chat to send a link to someone in session, they spend a lot of time trying to find the link. Most of my sessions are 1:1 or 1:2 so it's not like I'm private messaging with someone during a presentation, so I think notifications could be more obvious. I also wish there were more native integrations with other web products and it worked better with mobile browsers. Pushing someone to an App to download, especially when they've never heard of or used the software requires some convincing. It needs to be better to avoid the "want to do use hangouts?" question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Real-time collaborative software or integrating with partners like Mural

Inexpensive, extremely simple and fast collaboration. Appear.in shines where other platforms fall apart, frictionless, high fidelity communication. Its the video conference version of quickly dropping by someone's desk to clarify a question that isn't easily answered over slack. It's also good for longer meetings, but having the bookmark and standing room is killer.

appear.in review by Administrator

"We use it for online lessons with one to three students"

What do you like best?

It is way the easiest video call software we have found. Appear.in is very simple to use, and there are no need to log in for our students to take their lesson, they only need two clicks: first the students open the created link, then they authorize the webcam/mic, and they are in. Also, the interface is really easy to use, which has allowed us to just send a link by email with a few instructions. Students like the simplicity. Our students have also found it useful that the interface includes emoticons, chat, and a Youtube videos on-screen sharing option.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets a little slow here in Argentina, but it is probable related to the connection in this country. We could definitely use a connection improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it once, you just need to make a room and you are set. It is very easy to use. Use it for meetings with small groups.

We have found a solution to teach lessons online, which has allowed us to find new students besides the ones that come to the institute. Besides that, we have been able to re-schedule missed lessons and eventually meet with future students. We searched across multiple websites and didn't find a video call software so easy to implement. By using the pro version, we made several rooms; each room has their own easy-to-understand url address, so students can even enter the room by typing the address on theyr browser bar..

appear.in review by Felix L.
Felix L.

"Very easy way to share screen with multiple people"

What do you like best?

It only takes one click to share the entire desktop with multiple people. It is also easy to share the link when inviting people, plus the URL link is customizable after appear.in. The design is very straight forward and uncluttered. Very easy to join and leave the room. There is a chat window available if people want to ask questions.

What do you dislike?

There are no options to annotate, only a chat box and audio if you want to describe something on the screen. The stickers are a little cheesy, not too useful for professional applications

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great place to start when you need a free web conference with screen sharing set up very quickly. Can get going within a minute.

Appear.in is great for web conferencing when a screen share and audio are required. It's a good option when teaching or meeting online (1 on 5 for example). The chat window allows participants to ask questions in the background.

Learning about appear.in?

* We monitor all appear.in reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7