AppFolio Property Manager

AppFolio Property Manager is a complete cloud-based property management software that allows apartment, residential, commercial, student housing, and HOA property managers to more effectively market, manage and grow their business.

Work for AppFolio Property Manager?

Learning about AppFolio?

AppFolio Property Manager Reviews

Ask AppFolio a Question
Showing 58 AppFolio reviews
AppFolio review by <span>Heather U.</span>
Heather U.

User friendly, variety of features, always improving/updating and great support services!

What do you like best?

This is our MAIN program in the office; therefore, I use it every single day. It's always open on one of my Internet tabs on Mozilla. The actual layout of the homepage, including the color scheme of the program, is easy to follow, read, understand, and pleasing to the eye (soft blue hues). You can easily keep track of vendors, owners, tenants and billing/invoicing. I think it's a quick program to learn even though there are so many features I don't personally use - I know several other people in our office use them. If we ever have an issue we can contact them and the turn around time is super fast. They call us and are always helpful and knowledgeable and even follow up with emails after the calls. AppFolio welcomes suggestions from clients and actually follows through with implementing the updates! They are always evolving and making things easier and more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Only a few very technical items that wouldn't necessarily make sense to non-users and I haven't even cared enough to submit requests on the issues. It'd be nice if parking was easier to keep track of on the system and it's charged "by door" so if you have multiple units and properties you can really rack up the door pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Maintenance orders are a breeze with our system. Vendors are integrated with billing and we have all the information in one place. We also find it very easy to advertise with this program and it goes out to several locations and websites. Our website is also powered through AppFolio so it saves us an additional step when making updates and getting the most accurate information out there.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AppFolio Property Manager
AppFolio review by <span>Zach D.</span>
Zach D.

Great Software for Owners, Managers, & Tenants

What do you like best?

The easy layout for tenants is the great. Everyone, old and young, has no issues making payments and submitting work orders online!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'd like to see different would be the system's payables will default to only show bills due as of today or up to 1 week behind. We have to change these dates EVERY time we print checks. It would be nice to show advance dates by default, as we NEVER want to print the check the day it's due.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think you dont have enough units to justify the pricing they offer, think again. I tried to go with others for a lower price, but wasted 2 months before going with AppFolio, and I only wish I had done it sooner!

Increased visibility in the community is a great one! The INCLUDED marketing aspect alone took one property that was staying at 40% occupied when I took over, and went to 100% within less than a month with this software! I am the one stop shop for my department (only person) so I have to handle lease up, inspections, low income qualifications, asset management, etc. This system makes everything SO easy to work remotely. Online marketing, online inquiries, online applications, online lease signings, online payments, and online work orders.

What Property Management solution do you use?

AppFolio review by <span>Mike K.</span>
Mike K.

Recommended for Maximum Property Marketing Exposure

What do you like best?

AppFolio allows me to market rental properties in my area. Appfolio's syndication knows how to market your home to the right target audience. I use primarily RentLinx, which is one of AppFolio's services that specializes in advertising rentals to other sites like Craigslist, Apartments.com, Trulia, ShowMeTheRent, and many more. I get the most successful leads through Rentlinx and quality exposure.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is on the high side, which isn't ideal for a boutique company on a budget. As a result, our company cannot market all of the properties on our inventory equally unless we're willing to pay a lot more in pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take into consideration your budget, business size, and your business needs when choosing your plan. You can easily find yourself paying excessive amounts of money for services you won't have any use for.

Increasing marketing exposure for our rental inventory. I believe with the use of services from AppFolio like RentLinx, the system works to prioritize the exposure of your listing over others. One of the biggest benefits is the syndication feature. I use RentLinx to post an ad, and it automatically lists it to other websites like Craigslist, Trulia, etc.

AppFolio review by <span>Jim C.</span>
Jim C.

User for 4+ years

What do you like best?

That it integrates so many functions like Tenant screening and application management, our website and rental listing syndication. It’s user friendly and customer support is usually really good.

What do you dislike?

Because so many features are integrated there are so me sacrifices with regards to customization. If you want to take advantage of third party products, you have to discard the benefits of the ecosystem created by appfolio. Also some of their missing feature sets don’t make sense when they are offered in other parts of the software and are highly requested by users - yet they remain unaddressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AppFolio is a strong contender in the property manager space, at least in the top 2-3 if not leader of the pack. It has it's strong points and weak points, but overall it's a very strong platform.

Most property management software systems address the basic needs. Appfolio, I think cuts down on employee training time because it’s so user friendly and intuitive. And despite its faults, the ecosystem of compatible and integrated features create simplicity and saves a lot of time

AppFolio review by <span>Gavin S.</span>
Gavin S.

the software is pretty awesome

What do you like best?

ease of use and integration of everything that property management has to deal with in one software. the previously software we used we had to manually input from one accounting section to another. It's great to not have to do that and have everything integrated. clicking on items showing where the numbers came from is also great ie - Income Statement - there's an expense for $1000, my supervisor can go in and click and click and see that it was an expense for this invoice for this vendor.

What do you dislike?

how you cant really specifically separate different tenant CAM processes. Reconciling the Bank statement with Appfolio is a little weird at first. The initial bank reconciliation was difficult to understand what was going on and the reports are very different. It's also very easy to go back and change things from previous financial statements which is kind of flawed. There should be a way to close a month so that you cant go back and edit things that easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

test it out. the program is awesome and the customer services are great

full integtration of all accounting into one software. we were using a really old system. this is great

AppFolio review by Consultant

BEST software by far!

What do you like best?

This software helps to make me feel extra organized and makes my job so much easier! There are so many reports that can be pulled as well as keeping up with our vacancies and upcoming move outs for our property.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike. I would recommend this software to any apartment complex. It really helps you feel at ease and feel that you have everything under control and organized!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would HIGHLY recommend this software to any company. I am telling you, you will not regret going for this software, it will make your day to day operations throughout your office staff so much easier!!

Keeps up with rent payments, bills, customer information in an organized simple fashion. It really makes my job so much easier. I love when a tenant comes in with a question regarding their rent, I feel like I have everything together and can pull anything that's needed with just a click of the mouse. Can't go wrong with this software at all.

Learning about AppFolio Property Manager?

* We monitor all AppFolio Property Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.