AppFolio Property Manager

AppFolio Property Manager

AppFolio Property Manager is an all-in-one property management software that allows apartment, residential, commercial, student housing, and community association managers to more effectively market, manage and grow their business.

Work for AppFolio Property Manager?

Learning about AppFolio?

AppFolio Property Manager Reviews

Ask AppFolio a Question
Showing 71 AppFolio reviews
AppFolio review by Heather U.
Heather U.

"User friendly, variety of features, always improving/updating and great support services!"

What do you like best?

This is our MAIN program in the office; therefore, I use it every single day. It's always open on one of my Internet tabs on Mozilla. The actual layout of the homepage, including the color scheme of the program, is easy to follow, read, understand, and pleasing to the eye (soft blue hues). You can easily keep track of vendors, owners, tenants and billing/invoicing. I think it's a quick program to learn even though there are so many features I don't personally use - I know several other people in our office use them. If we ever have an issue we can contact them and the turn around time is super fast. They call us and are always helpful and knowledgeable and even follow up with emails after the calls. AppFolio welcomes suggestions from clients and actually follows through with implementing the updates! They are always evolving and making things easier and more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Only a few very technical items that wouldn't necessarily make sense to non-users and I haven't even cared enough to submit requests on the issues. It'd be nice if parking was easier to keep track of on the system and it's charged "by door" so if you have multiple units and properties you can really rack up the door pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Maintenance orders are a breeze with our system. Vendors are integrated with billing and we have all the information in one place. We also find it very easy to advertise with this program and it goes out to several locations and websites. Our website is also powered through AppFolio so it saves us an additional step when making updates and getting the most accurate information out there.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AppFolio Property Manager
AppFolio review by Zach D.
Zach D.

"Great Software for Owners, Managers, & Tenants"

What do you like best?

The easy layout for tenants is the great. Everyone, old and young, has no issues making payments and submitting work orders online!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'd like to see different would be the system's payables will default to only show bills due as of today or up to 1 week behind. We have to change these dates EVERY time we print checks. It would be nice to show advance dates by default, as we NEVER want to print the check the day it's due.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think you dont have enough units to justify the pricing they offer, think again. I tried to go with others for a lower price, but wasted 2 months before going with AppFolio, and I only wish I had done it sooner!

Increased visibility in the community is a great one! The INCLUDED marketing aspect alone took one property that was staying at 40% occupied when I took over, and went to 100% within less than a month with this software! I am the one stop shop for my department (only person) so I have to handle lease up, inspections, low income qualifications, asset management, etc. This system makes everything SO easy to work remotely. Online marketing, online inquiries, online applications, online lease signings, online payments, and online work orders.

What Property Management solution do you use?

AppFolio review by Mike K.
Mike K.

"Recommended for Maximum Property Marketing Exposure "

What do you like best?

AppFolio allows me to market rental properties in my area. Appfolio's syndication knows how to market your home to the right target audience. I use primarily RentLinx, which is one of AppFolio's services that specializes in advertising rentals to other sites like Craigslist, Apartments.com, Trulia, ShowMeTheRent, and many more. I get the most successful leads through Rentlinx and quality exposure.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is on the high side, which isn't ideal for a boutique company on a budget. As a result, our company cannot market all of the properties on our inventory equally unless we're willing to pay a lot more in pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take into consideration your budget, business size, and your business needs when choosing your plan. You can easily find yourself paying excessive amounts of money for services you won't have any use for.

Increasing marketing exposure for our rental inventory. I believe with the use of services from AppFolio like RentLinx, the system works to prioritize the exposure of your listing over others. One of the biggest benefits is the syndication feature. I use RentLinx to post an ad, and it automatically lists it to other websites like Craigslist, Trulia, etc.

AppFolio review by Jim C.
Jim C.

"User for 4+ years"

What do you like best?

That it integrates so many functions like Tenant screening and application management, our website and rental listing syndication. It’s user friendly and customer support is usually really good.

What do you dislike?

Because so many features are integrated there are so me sacrifices with regards to customization. If you want to take advantage of third party products, you have to discard the benefits of the ecosystem created by appfolio. Also some of their missing feature sets don’t make sense when they are offered in other parts of the software and are highly requested by users - yet they remain unaddressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AppFolio is a strong contender in the property manager space, at least in the top 2-3 if not leader of the pack. It has it's strong points and weak points, but overall it's a very strong platform.

Most property management software systems address the basic needs. Appfolio, I think cuts down on employee training time because it’s so user friendly and intuitive. And despite its faults, the ecosystem of compatible and integrated features create simplicity and saves a lot of time

AppFolio review by Vivian M.
Vivian M.

"Appfolio Property Management"

What do you like best?

Their search features are great and the program is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Maintenance inspections we are not able to pull reports from them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to simplify accounting processes and just make it easy for your employees to search for information or pull reports then this is your program. Appfolio's search feature is the best and it shortens your time to find information considerably. Their support team is efficient and responds back in a timely manner to every support request. The Accounting is very easy to manage and sending reports from the system with all supporting paperwork is one of the easiest we have had in all our property management programs ever. Appfolio is allowing us to go more paperless which helps the bottom line on expenses a lot. The program has allowed us to grow but not have to add several more employees which helps the bottom line a lot. We wish we have converted sooner.

Getting rentals posted to our website has been great simplified and time management on a lot of processes has allow us to get more work done with the same amount of employees even though we have grown.

AppFolio review by Gavin S.
Gavin S.

"the software is pretty awesome"

What do you like best?

ease of use and integration of everything that property management has to deal with in one software. the previously software we used we had to manually input from one accounting section to another. It's great to not have to do that and have everything integrated. clicking on items showing where the numbers came from is also great ie - Income Statement - there's an expense for $1000, my supervisor can go in and click and click and see that it was an expense for this invoice for this vendor.

What do you dislike?

how you cant really specifically separate different tenant CAM processes. Reconciling the Bank statement with Appfolio is a little weird at first. The initial bank reconciliation was difficult to understand what was going on and the reports are very different. It's also very easy to go back and change things from previous financial statements which is kind of flawed. There should be a way to close a month so that you cant go back and edit things that easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

test it out. the program is awesome and the customer services are great

full integtration of all accounting into one software. we were using a really old system. this is great

User in Real Estate

"PROPERTY MANAGEMENT MADE EASY"

What do you like best?

The design is simple and easy to navigate. This program is all in one. You can schedule showings for units and follow it right through the leasing process. I love that residents can set up their own payment methods and have access to their tenant ledgers.

What do you dislike?

Any technical issues we have had were immediately troubleshooted with APPFOLIOS team. They are very responsive. I can't say we have had any MAJOR issues with the program what so ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Appfolio is so user friendly compared to most systems on the market. The program is constantly evolving and is a program I would absolutely recommend.

Appfolio makes accounting easy compared to other property management softwares. The greatest benefits have been dashboards, it shows everything that is coming up such as Move-Ins, Move-Outs, Lease Expirations. Also, I love being able to quickly text and email the residents directly through the resident page.

User in Real Estate

"Allows Property Management to be ENJOYABLE!!"

What do you like best?

This product allows me to run a very busy property management business with ease. Accounting is simplified, maintenance is well documented, leases are signed electronically, tenant's and owner's make payments for free through their portals.... What more could you ask for?

What do you dislike?

A few cons, since nothing is perfect.... Cannot sign the inspections and the template is almost useless, so we use a third party. It can be timely getting support as you have to please a request and wait for them to contact you. Lastly, a new change in their system affected all of our suppressed charges and as a result is still creating a lot of extra work for our team.

Amazing organization. Constant updates and positive changes in their software. Ease of communicating and documenting everything through the system for all of our users to view.

AppFolio review by Consultant

"BEST software by far!"

What do you like best?

This software helps to make me feel extra organized and makes my job so much easier! There are so many reports that can be pulled as well as keeping up with our vacancies and upcoming move outs for our property.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike. I would recommend this software to any apartment complex. It really helps you feel at ease and feel that you have everything under control and organized!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would HIGHLY recommend this software to any company. I am telling you, you will not regret going for this software, it will make your day to day operations throughout your office staff so much easier!!

Keeps up with rent payments, bills, customer information in an organized simple fashion. It really makes my job so much easier. I love when a tenant comes in with a question regarding their rent, I feel like I have everything together and can pull anything that's needed with just a click of the mouse. Can't go wrong with this software at all.

AppFolio review by Spencer S.
Spencer S.

"Appfolio for Property Management"

What do you like best?

Before Appfolio, we had to manually keep track of everything regarding our rentals. This included creating different spreadsheets and systems in Excel. Appfolio is great in that it can keep track of finances, contacts, and even generate maintenance requests. There are many more functions in Appfolio ,but we're not quite there yet.

What do you dislike?

Since we already created our systems, some of them aren't compatible with Appfolio. The areas that are very dependent on these systems can't be changed. While Appfolio could make our lives easier in those areas, such as monthly client statements, we can't change the system to better our needs. Because of this, there have been many occasions where I have had to call the Appfolio customer service team. They are more email based. If you call them, good luck actually getting a person! I guess they have a lot of customers so paying a phone based customer service team is too expensive. In any case, expect a day response or more, and since you're going back and forth with emails, sometimes, it takes pretty long to get the answer you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easier to switch over if you are newer rather than an older experienced company. Their customer support is not that easy to get a hold of, so if you are already tech savvy, you will have an easier time.

I believe I may have addressed this earlier, but there are many different problems that Appfolio helps us with. The biggest ones is our contact lists, advertising available rentals, record keeping, and maintenance requests. This has helped us save time as well as having a central area where we can pull any data we may need.

AppFolio review by Amy C.
Amy C.

"Appfolio Review"

What do you like best?

The ability for tenants to put in work orders online and pay online is a great asset. I like the layout of the Dashboard and that it has the ability to let me customize it to my needs. I like that the tenants/co-signers can sign leases online.

What do you dislike?

I am not the biggest fan of the accounting portion. We use two different account for Escrow and Operating and Appfolio allow us to enter both but it doesn't recognize them as separate. I do not like that when tenants pay online there is not a function to specify what they are paying. I also do not like that when doing a move out the owner doesn't see any of the transactions on the owner statement so they know what the funds were used for and what they were actually receiving.

It makes getting leases signed and deposits paid easier. The ability for tenant to pay rent and other charges online is also very helpful. Now that you can email through the program it keeps a better record that everyone can see.

AppFolio review by Joe V.
Joe V.

"Appfolio Listens To Their Customers And Makes The Updates!"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of using and creating reports, creating and updating a lease and Scheduling appointments.

What do you dislike?

I can not add or delete things from the calendar, would love to be able to add meetings and appointments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

THe product is great! Appfolio has a great team, they listen and make the changes necessary for You!

Switched to online payments last year. We have limited the cash, checks and money orders coming into the office. This was a big time saver for our company. We have 88% payments online.

AppFolio review by Mike K.
Mike K.

"Good in the right hands"

What do you like best?

The ability to put requests in writing and having them time stamped, and more importantly, a way to pay rent online.

What do you dislike?

Not sure if this is software or user limitations, but there was no way to follow up on existing requests, I was always entering the same information again. Would have been beneficial to add-on to existing maintenance requests in order to have a better paper trail. Also, our property managers were very slow to respond and update tickets, so really never understood where we stood.

Communication with property managers and online payment of rent. Prior to this, I was relying on my bank's auto payment, but one time there was an error on the bank side and I was charged a $50 late fee. With Appfolio, it is all on the Property Managers to make any adjustments, but never have to worry about late payments.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Director of Single Family"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the software. It is extremely user friendly and their help desk responds the same day to inquiries. They are also very receptive to feedback and make software changes based on that.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the way owner statement looks. They can be very confusing to owners due to timing issues for charges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give them a shot, and do not hesitate to give them feedback or ideas for improvements.

Online payments have cut down on the number of late rental payments, which has improved our satisfaction rating with clients. Appfolio recently introduced their inspections platform. So, we no longer need to out source another application for storing property inspections. This has actually saved us money. Sending out leases and renewals has also become more time efficient.

AppFolio review by Dustin N.
Dustin N.

"Have tenants you never meet"

What do you like best?

Probably not having to phone/face to face with property management.

What do you dislike?

very high fee for Visa or Mastercard payment when the rent price is substantial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you are taking on more properties and tenants than you can keep up with. You lose a certain human element that is often so helpful in the role of property managers

It streamlines interactions between tenants and property managers but also allows the communication to degenerate into the email exchanges that are only serving to "document" and not actually repair.

"Appfolio"

What do you like best?

Appfolio is intuitive and user friendly. The ease of functioning online has improved our tenant payment processing. Our owners love being able to see their reports online.

What do you dislike?

I want to edit paid bills more easily, (in cases where you misbill to the wrong property). I would like to see batch printing options for checks (let me select which checks I want to run in a batch). Printing overall could be easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a wonderful online community in the Appfolio Help section. Don't hesitate to reach out and ask questions. Overall, however, Appfolio is very, very easy to use.

Faster payment processing through online tenant portals. Better communication with tenants, owners, and vendors. Easier onboarding of new staff members in learning to use software.

AppFolio review by Administrator

"Best Property Management Software I've Used to Date"

What do you like best?

It's very fluid and user friendly. I like that you can send emails/texts from within the software and everyone in the company is able to view if needed. It makes it very easy to find information between residents and owners.

What do you dislike?

There's very few things that I actually dislike about this software. I think the main thing that I dislike is the fact that it will occasionally change a few things about how the lease is written (mainly regarding system rules IE late fee) and that has to be changed manually every time. I'm sure I could easily reach out to AppFolio to have them review and change the error in the system but it's a very easy fix on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look into AppFolio. I know many many property management companies that utilize AppFolio and love it. If you're coming from PropertyWare, AppFolio is must!!

With AppFolio, we have been able to be more structured with our process. The communication between owners and residents has dramatically increased. Since AppFolio takes care of many of the manual tasks we previously had to do, we are able to spend that time and energy focusing on the business, perfecting processes and procuring new business.

AppFolio review by Gwendolyn C.
Gwendolyn C.

"AppFolio: review"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of great features, but the one I like the most is the ability to text message the tenants and owners through the site. We get a lot of phone calls on a daily basis, so if I am able to message someone it can save me a lot of time. I also like how they offer courses or seminars on how to work their new features that they introduce.

What do you dislike?

Not much I dislike about the system, other than sometimes it takes a while for things to update. This makes it hard if an email has not been sent to a vendor for completion. It makes it difficult to confirm things are done. I am sometimes put off on the amount of updates and changes that I am not made aware of until it actually happens. There is a lot of email traffic as well, but these issues do not make or break the product itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take all the seminars and read everything! This is vital in understanding how the system works.

Time management is important in Property management, especially in the maintenance department. With AppFolio, I am able to see how long a work order has been opened, whether or not I or anyone else has left notes that help in the process, and the result of said process.

AppFolio review by Clara A.
Clara A.

"AppFolio has revolutionized the way we do Property Management"

What do you like best?

AppFolio is constantly evolving and growing to meet our property management needs. I appreciate how responsive they are to industry concerns and to their user feedback. AppFolio has completely streamlined our property management processes and makes it so much easier to do our work!

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing about AppFolio that I dislike. Our financial system is a bit unorthodox compared to how most Property Management companies run their books, so AppFolio isn't quite built for those needs we have, but we have multiple layers of financial oversight in our agency, so it still works well for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the plunge - it's worth it!

We desperately needed a way to streamline and automate many of our property management processes. AppFolio is intuitive, easy to navigate, and eases us through the lease-up process from initial application all the way through to tenant move-out.

AppFolio review by Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.

"If you’re a Property Manager, this software is a “must have”!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use with this program. From any device I can quickly check on or update any of the properties statuses that I need to. I can Send the owners anything they need. It’s just an overall wonderfully detailed program.

What do you dislike?

One

Of the biggest dislikes I have Is that the program doesn’t refresh itself automatically when you makes changes. That’s frustrating when you’re trying to make changes to the ledgers especially.

This solves people having to hire multiple employees to handle their financial, property management and owner relations. Realtors can spend their time finding clients and not dealing with so much paperwork.

User in Real Estate

"A IS FOR APPFOLIO, A IS FOR AWESOME"

What do you like best?

I love this software, and this company in general. Very hardworking! Each and every department is extremely friendly, and helpful. Their response time is 9/10 extremely prompt and thorough. They set their clients up for success!

What do you dislike?

The user profiles are too fixed for small business needs. I'd like to be able to customize, easily, without having to setting a phone call with the customer service team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of ALL of AppFolio's features, they're incredible!

Instead of using several platforms, we can simply use AppFolio, which encompasses all of the business needs of a property management company.

AppFolio review by Neil C.
Neil C.

"Great software and even better customer service"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn, easy to train new staff, and great reply from AppFolio when we have issues/needs.

What do you dislike?

I wish the letter writing function went to a word processor rather than pdf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of use, the mobility, and the customer service are amazing.

Less staff can do more which helps our profitability. I have love being able to work remotely.

AppFolio review by jannelyn e.
jannelyn e.

"STAY AWAY"

What do you like best?

Nothing. There is nothing good about this website. The only easy thing is paying THEM

What do you dislike?

Customer Service is HORRIBLE. They might as well not have a customer service department, save the money, and pass it on to it's customers.

Their FINANCIAL system is a JOKE. It cannot even do a BALANCE SHEET. Please STAY AWAY. Save yourself money and AGGRAVATION!

Recommendations to others considering the product

stay away.

NONE. it's bringing me MORE problems.

AppFolio review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Simple interface and customizable dashboard. Excellent customer service and response time from the company.

What do you dislike?

Some reporting features aren’t available. I'd like to be able to print reports with pet and vehicle details but don't have that option.

Organization of tenant info is much more streamlined. You can add notes to tenant profile or the unit profile.

User in Real Estate

"Property Management in a box!"

What do you like best?

AppFolio is a easy to use software with very little learning curve. The dashboard and numerous reports are two of my favorite features. The dashboard gives you a broad glance at all facets of your business visually. The reports help you deep dive and are customization.

What do you dislike?

I would not say there are any true dislikes. Of course any software can improve. That said, maintenance billing and tracking could be stronger.

Property management is an accounting based business with no room for errors. Having strong software is a must and AppFolio provides the solution we need. The greatest benefits have been greater data analysis and smooth daily operations.

AppFolio review by User

"Great for first time people in property management!"

What do you like best?

This is the only system I have ever used since being in property management! They are very user friendly and offer tons of classes or help links for things that change.

What do you dislike?

I like most everything. There are some things I wish would be easier. It would be nice if texts were sent to all the people attached to that property instead of to just the last person who texted that particular number.

AppFolio helps keep all resident information central and easy to find. Same with work orders. We love being able to quickly text and email our residents.

AppFolio review by Kyndle D.
Kyndle D.

"East To Use and Easy To Manage Tenants"

What do you like best?

I like the option to text or email all tenants at once. Creating letters/notices and being able to send them to individual or all tenants at once.

What do you dislike?

When I get replies from my emails sent to tenants through Appfolio, they dont always come into my Outlook inbox either. I wish they would.

Able to see all work orders and and reoccurring ones to find issues with appliances, etc.

AppFolio review by Tami S.
Tami S.

"Quick Review of Appfolio Property Accounting"

What do you like best?

This program has the ability of attaching a general ledger account number to the vendor by property.

I found this to be a great time saver for data entry on typical expenses.

I also liked the privilege settings, limiting users rights.

What do you dislike?

I found this program not useful when performing maintenance items and invoicing clients for said improvements.

A separate program is required for the company financials and this is cumbersome at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does not perform maintenance billings or roll up to top level. Need separate program for this.

Can handle multiple reconcilable accounts. Reduction in coding errors.

AppFolio review by Christy B.
Christy B.

"For major property management"

What do you like best?

For 25 or more multi-unit properties, Appfolio is instrumental in tracking properties, renters, rents, deposits, key deposits etc...

What do you dislike?

While on the rental/property side, this software is stellar, on the general accounting side, it is a tad behind the times. The reporting options are a tad out dated. Concerning the general ledger, postings, reporting, the software is behind by about 10 years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth reviewing for 25 or more properties w/multi units.

Property tracking, covering units rented, late rents, units for rent, expenses per property and unit, tenant information etc...

AppFolio review by Annie D.
Annie D.

"Complicated Property Management Software"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the owner can purchase Tenant Liability Insurance through the tool.

Their background check reports are really simple and comprehensive.

Monthly statements to owners can include all vendor invoices.

What do you dislike?

The monthly reconciliation is pretty complicated. You will have to pay out all of the fees such as management fees, late payments, etc in order to generate accurate owner payment balance. Even if the late payments are due to the property management company, it will pay the owner if this is not taken out first.

Vendors can't gain access to the site.

Also paying owners is a manual process where you have to download file and upload to a bank that accepts that format. With the short tenure that we were with AppFolio, we couldn't find a bank that accepted such file. They advertize the feature as online payment but it's actually done outside the software which is not ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with their demo account first to get the feel of it. Not just setting up accounts but also the try the end of month payment feature.

We moved from Buildium to AppFolio hoping to save time on the monthly reporting and reconcilation. However it took more time and was much more complicated to use. The owners, vendors, and tenants didn't like it either and they can't communicate with each other in the tool. So with all the complications we moved back to Buildium.

AppFolio review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Managing Rent Payments"

What do you like best?

The most useful aspect of using the system is being able to keep track of past payments. Traditionally we used to use my banks automatic bill pay system which was easy to use but difficult to get a easy to read listing of all my past payments. Moreover, the payments also provide commentary as to whether myself or my roommate was the one to pay each bill. It is also great to be able to submit maintenance requests through the portal.

What do you dislike?

I I would like to be able to reach out to the landlord directly through the system. I see they have provided their phone number but it would be cool if there was a "chat online" function.

The system is managing the AR process for landlords to collect rent from tenants. Personally, the system is solving the need of managing my payments and I have realized the benefit of being able to see all my bills in a consolidated location.

AppFolio review by Danielle S.
Danielle S.

"Asst Manager"

What do you like best?

User friendly, streamlined, quick view dashboards, vacancies page, marketing posting, website management

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a renewal button, also a way to help keep track of leasing bonuses not just as the tenant tickler or rent roll, but also w agent information and source.

Tenant management, marketing, property management, Rent collection.

AppFolio review by Connor D.
Connor D.

"Very user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, easy to follow steps when entering a new property.

What do you dislike?

No way to track pet information, sometimes the website glitches.

I get to easily track how many tenants pay online, how long they have been in a property, and it lets me keep track of our properties very easily.

AppFolio review by Consultant in Religious Institutions
Consultant in Religious Institutions

"Great Property Management Software"

What do you like best?

It really helps to keep track of the properties that you manage: tenant rent payments, vendor payouts and owner's payouts. Website development is great.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little bit easier when trying to change information on your website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making it easier for the user to make changes to their website

It has helped us to save time, money and maintain tenants in our properties. It has helped us to receive rent payments online without having the hassle of the tenants coming into the office.

AppFolio review by User

"User Friendly!"

What do you like best?

I like that Appfolio is always improving and taking suggestions for improvements.

What do you dislike?

You can not customize settings. The customer service leaves a lot to be desired. They are very hard to get a hold of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to use the help center online to quickly answer any of your questions.

We are able organize all of our properties and all of our vendors in one program. We find that this program allows us to keep all information in one place.

AppFolio review by Michelle W.
Michelle W.

"Great multi level solution"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for management and tenant. Allows you to do as much or as little as you like. Great reports for all.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike.this is a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t look further. Do yourself and tenants a favor and get it now.

Benefit of texting tenant, insight for leads, text appt reminders, in-line pay, online applications. The ease of creating reports for all natures of the business. Online lease implemented. Has been great for my out of state leads to complete the process.

AppFolio review by Khristen  D.
Khristen D.

"Property management "

What do you like best?

Property Mgmt side works well easy to make flyers

What do you dislike?

Accounting side is not beneficial hard to understand even for someone with a lot of bookkeeping experience

Renting units easy to market

AppFolio review by Alan T.
Alan T.

"State of Art Property Management"

What do you like best?

I currently use AppFolio to manage multiple residential rental properties. The features that I use most often are online application & screening, online leases, online maintenance inspections and accounting. Their functionality exceed expectations and are my go-to choice for managing my rentals.

It is an essential tool to keep track and run my rental business!

What do you dislike?

AppFolio customer support could certainly use some upgrading. Although I had no issues with the software, access to technical support was lacking. Perhaps a better blog or super user community would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend AppFolio Property Manager to property managers looking after more than one property.

Track and run residential property rental business. Automation and streamling through online tools.

User in Real Estate

"Appfolio has changed our business."

What do you like best?

The program is user friendly and they are continually updating and changing areas to better serve its customers needs. They support staff is very friendly and quick to respond to any issue you encounter.

What do you dislike?

I manage properties in 2 states and I wish we could upload, not make, the approved forms of each state by the realtor associations to Appfolio to use for our agreements. I still have to go outside Appfolio to get agreements signed. This would be huge in time management for us.

This program has made bookkeeping and tax preparation much easier. It has also streamlined how we operate on a daily basis.

AppFolio review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Great for property management "

What do you like best?

It’s easy for me as an administrator assisting realty services with their applications and showings. There’s a lot of functionality but easy to pick up on.

What do you dislike?

There’s a LOT of features and it may be too much for a small company for the price.

I can easily assist my boss’ realty company by processing applications and scheduling showings when the property manager is out.

"Easy and Effective!"

What do you like best?

I thoroughly enjoy using AF, the tutorial videos are extremely beneficial and the tech support is extremely responsive.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about this software. The only thing is sometimes items can be too similar and get you confused. This is probably more of a personal problem versus a technical problem.

I can view a lot of my property statistics easier with Appfolio than other PM software systems.

AppFolio review by Damian C.
Damian C.

"AppFolio Property Manager"

What do you like best?

AppFolio Property Manager is great who property management who don't have their books and rentals already online. With their easy to use system, I would recommend this to anyone looking to keep control of the rental properties and keeping the books clean and clear.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't see anything wrong with AppFolio. Their system is easy to use and I never had an issue since we had used it before. There might have been other issues that some clients might have not their isnt anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

N/A

AppFolio review by Administrator

"Best Property Management Software"

What do you like best?

If I am stuck or need help, AppFolio is super quick and always answers my questions in full. It never takes over 24 hours for AppFolio to get back to me.

What do you dislike?

They change their layout or how to do things often, but I am still able to figure it out within a timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None, AppFolio is perfect and we already recommend to anyone to use!!

All the reports that AppFolio generates are beneficial. You can do everything you need to do in Property Management right in AppFolio. The best part is that all info can be stored in AppFolio!

AppFolio review by Samantha K.
Samantha K.

"User friendly software. Finally!"

What do you like best?

This program is so user friendly. They also have a ton of discussion boards and help topics that answer tons of questions!

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot say that I have a complaint. The case managers are very friendly and helpful.

The software gives our residents the ease of mind to pay online and always see their account information.

AppFolio review by Carson R.
Carson R.

"Appfolio"

What do you like best?

Integration of accounting and leasing is most useful

What do you dislike?

Some basic functions that competitors have

Managing leasing, maintenance requests, accounting, essentially a total property management solution.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Easy tenant and owner payments; great reporting for our entire portfolio (1500 unit, larger data fields)

What do you dislike?

Would really like a mapping feature; we've started to outsource work orders through a different vendor for better ease of use for property managers, tenants, and vendors

Stores all of our data, leasing information, tenant info, processes payments, maintenance tickets, etc.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Everything at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

Love that I can text Tenants/Owners/Vendors straight from appfolio. It keeps record of everything that was send and received in one place!

What do you dislike?

Wuld love to have a live Owners portal. Owners want to see more. We currently have them set up with a user login so they can view only their properties and that seems to work.

Easy lookup. If I am looking for a check, amount, or work order, I just have to type the amount or number in the search bar and it pops up.

User in Real Estate

"Easy to use software for property management"

What do you like best?

Covers all aspects of property management. User friendly and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

A few advanced features would make the software better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software. Easy to use and the price is great. Definitely recommend.

Allows everyone to be on the same page and streamlines many processes.

AppFolio review by Administrator in Commercial Real Estate
Administrator in Commercial Real Estate

"AppFolio Review"

What do you like best?

I love how user-friendly the program is.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is more of a property management program and less of an accounting program. These two really need to go hand in hand.

AppFolio has given us more of an opportunity to do things paperless by offering things such as the tenant and owner portal.

AppFolio review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Great product "

What do you like best?

I love how user fieny it is. The company carters to our needs as it goes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are hard settings that we have to find work ariunds for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

All problems. Benefits are tremendous. Having everything in one place is incredibly efficient.

AppFolio review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Amazing Property Portfolio Manager"

What do you like best?

This software provides so many tools to help your business run smoothly. Keep track of all information for your properties in one place, with ease.

What do you dislike?

That there is so mapping system to print out a guided order for drive by inspections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t hesitate. It’s amazing.

I spend less time needing multiple programs to complete tasks. For example: I can hit “print envelope” for a property and it will address it perfectly, rather than needing to go into another program to type up an envelope.

"Appfolio"

What do you like best?

Use it for GoRenter. Very easy to use! Easy to navigate through all the tabs. Keeps everything nice and organized

What do you dislike?

This is a very helpful app so since I've been using it for 4 months i cant think of anything that i don't like about it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use. Very resourceful.

Rental Properties Management

AppFolio review by Administrator

"Extremely user friendly, a lot of data storage"

What do you like best?

Has a perfect help center, literally can enter what ever you are looking for in order to find.

What do you dislike?

Being able to split payment/vendors on one work order two checks

storing all the information for both tenants and owners

"LOVE appfolio!"

What do you like best?

Appfolio is a great tool to keep track of all things regarding our rental homes. We use it to store photos, leases, alert tenants of rent due etc. We can also post rental ads directly!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is a bit of a process to start but once everything is in the system it is easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love this tool

We are able to keep everything in one place and all employees on the same page with this tool.

"Great investment!"

What do you like best?

They are always making feature improvements that speed up efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Can not use their leasing feature due to not being able to attach mandatory lead based paint addendum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have not regretted our switch!

This software is solid from advertising to move-out. It has allowed our team to work with more properties/residents per person increasing our efficiency.

AppFolio review by Diane D.
Diane D.

"Excellent property management siftware"

What do you like best?

Efficient and streamlined software that’s easy to use

What do you dislike?

Email service can glitch but overall perfect and very easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and loaded with features.

Helps track renewals very well for property management

AppFolio review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Excellent Platform"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Reports are excellent & organized so we can easily use them.

What do you dislike?

So fare we have no complaints about the problem.

Collections & rental turnover. The organization of properties & reports help immensely.

"Appfolio User"

What do you like best?

User friendly, good support, new innovation

What do you dislike?

Software does not play well with other software

Maintenace issues, having MCC handle work orders frees me up to do other things.

"Love this Product"

What do you like best?

How easy it makes communicating with our tenants and owners. Especially now that we can two way text.

What do you dislike?

I dislike receiving guest cards and how zillow and other sites put up wrong information about our rentals constantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, it’s great.

The main benefit is keeping all of the info for tenants, vendors, and owners all in one site. You can access almost everything you need through the search bar.

User in Real Estate

"Superior property management software"

What do you like best?

Appfolio is very user friendly with excellent support services. If you have a question it is answered within 24 hours, most times sooner.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about the software. They are constantly updating and adding features which is not necessarily a negative. They respond to the feedback from the user community and act on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch! You won't be sorry

Appfolio makes it very easy to collect rents online, streamline accounting and communicate with tenants.

AppFolio review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great property management software"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly upload property information and advertisements to other online sites, such as Craigslist.

What do you dislike?

Uploading information was sometimes very time consuming and it took awhile for everything to load.

We needed software which we could use to manage our rental properties, and those we posted for sale. This software allowed us to manage our properties and post them online.

AppFolio review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

" Property management "

What do you like best?

I think it is a good start better than a lot of the others out there I would still interview property managers as well as using this.

What do you dislike?

I think it is a good start I could use some more features and better explaining but if you have help and you know the business it is a good tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all property management software and make sure your interview a property manager so you know what you're doing

We do property management and full-service brokerage and we are trying to have it streamlined

"Easy does it."

What do you like best?

All the information is in one place. Uploading is easy. Communication is made simple.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not very user friendly. If it were color coded it would ve a little easier to find qhat you're looking for.

With property management there is always something that needs to be fixed. The communication between property/unit/tenants/landlords allows for issues to get resolved quicker.

AppFolio review by Mark V.
Mark V.

"Property Manager"

What do you like best?

Great support. Quick response to support requests. Ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike

Allows us to work lean and manage more properties with fewer people

AppFolio review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Good, needs improvement "

What do you like best?

Tenants can look at their ledger at all times.

What do you dislike?

Limitations to how properties can be set up and managed when owned by different companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask lots of questions and be thorough with what you are going to use it for before implementation.

It has helped to have all property management of tenants accounts in one place.

"Great Software "

What do you like best?

Online inspection checklist, online rental applications and easy convert to tenant option.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to share HOA forms with all owners via portal. Must still share individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it!!

Time spent depositing checks/traveling to bank, lost payments, invoice preparation, etc.

"Ease of Use "

What do you like best?

Everything is on the resident page, no tabs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, very user friendly. I appreciated the ease of everything.

Appfolio just makes management easier. In one look, without clicking through tabs, you can see resident information and notes as well. You do not have to prompt your staff to look further through tabs.

AppFolio review by Internal Consultant in Real Estate
Internal Consultant in Real Estate

"Appfolio is very good"

What do you like best?

the setup of the work orders are really good..i like the owners portal also

What do you dislike?

you can't upload all your photos at one time

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes very nice system

invoicing

AppFolio review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"alot to learn"

What do you like best?

I like having the 1099 information populated for me and the ability to double check that those numbers make sense. The ability to email owner packages and cash flow statements

What do you dislike?

Zero dollar transactions that make things balance is confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enter accounts correctly the first time because repairing the damage afterwards is no fun

Time management. Charging expenses back to owners so that I'm not always out of pocket on repairs

Administrator in Real Estate

"Good PM Software but Terrible Accounting!"

What do you like best?

The PM functions of the software are great

What do you dislike?

The accounting side of the software is AWFUL!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay particular attention to the accounting features in AppFolio, and understand the quirks early on so that you can overcome some of the major issues.

Organization and effectiveness of property management functions.

Administrator in Real Estate

"so convenient and easy to communicate with tenants"

What do you like best?

one place for everything for both owner and tenants

What do you dislike?

we actually satisfy with all features we got

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's very secure too

submit application and screening, collect fees and rent, send payment to owners

Learn more about AppFolio Property Manager

AppFolio Property Manager Downloads

Learning about AppFolio Property Manager?

* We monitor all AppFolio Property Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.