Apple iCloud

iCloud does more than just store your content. It lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents, and more, from whatever devices you???re on. And it???s built into every new iOS device and every new Mac.

Work for Apple iCloud?
Cloudapp filestor shar  2x

Learning about iCloud?

Apple iCloud Reviews

Showing 112 iCloud reviews
iCloud review by <span>Juan Camilo R.</span>
Juan Camilo R.

Pioneer of cloud use, home for the integration of Apple devices, atrocious file support & free space

What do you like best?

Seamless integration with most of the apple devices that could use, Icloud pioneer several of the most popular uses of cloud service.

Intuitive contacts, notes, reminders & calendar syncing; Iphone and Mac products easy finder, easy backups for Apple devices, storages for pictures or other media.

Small amount of space provided for free accounts, but bigger plans available for purchase.

Integration with Apple's Office software package and availability on mostly every computer, tablet or cell phone

What do you dislike?

Poor integration with non Apple products, atrocious space provided with the free version; has had security concerns in the past.

Atrocious compatibility with non apple filetypes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider purchasing additional storage, verify the product integrations with the different products you intend to use, don't store your nude or very private pictures!

Contacts, calendars, events, reminders & notes storage and sync between multiple devices.

Backups created for cell phones in between upgrades or as precausion.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apple iCloud
iCloud review by <span>Tim T.</span>
Tim T.

Apple iCloud...Good...just want more space

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to have documents through pages and pictures from my phone synced to the cloud with little or no effort. So simple to move from one unit to the next.

What do you dislike?

A major dislike is the limited free space. I love how Google Drive allows photos at a certain size to be free. It would be nice if using an apple program if those could be free too like Pages. The other part that is difficult is when moving to a non-apple system is not always as simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple iCloud is a great, basic cloud service. It is simple to use with Mac Computers and iOS phones and iPads.

To be able to move from one apple computer to the next and have pages documents is something that is great.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

iCloud review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

LOVE the storage and find my iPhone/iPad (device)

What do you like best?

I love that I can store my photos and documents in the cloud. I also like the other features like "Find my iPhone/iPad/Mac" which I have used frequently for my students as we are in a one to one environment with iPads. I also like that I can access from anywhere and any of my Apple devices.

What do you dislike?

I wish that photos on my phone/mac would delete once they are backed up onto Apple iCloud. I hate having to manage the storage of my phone when I go to take a picture. I would like the pictures to go to the cloud and then disappear from my phone/mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great addition to all of your apple products. It keeps it all as one entity. i also like that I can have a family sharing plan amongst all the apple products in my home. I am able to keep track of everyone's devices as well as content. The option to purchase additional storage is also very affordable.

I can access my photos, documents from anywhere. I don't have to be on my work computer. It is all synced through the cloud. When I get a new device, I am able to transfer settings from the cloud.

iCloud review by <span>Jack H.</span>
Jack H.

iCloud; have your Cake and eat it (Anywhere!)

What do you like best?

It's way better now. This is one instance where Steve Jobs' death vastly improved the quality of the product that Apple offers. Now instead of being a bust-down clone of Dropbox, it actually works JUST like Dropbox, and even better. Playgrounds now can be used in a cloud-based method where you can access all your projects, no matter where they are.

What do you dislike?

Still can't interact with documents natively on mobile apps. A lot of the features wind up going unused, but what I use it for works swimmingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What do you need? There are dozens of options in terms of online cloud storage; if you exclusively use Apple devices, ythen this is the thing you use.

Just making sure my oft-used documents are readily available at all times. This way I can apply for jobs while on the toilet. Space is such a non-factor that I can pull movies around in it and download them directly on my friends' computers. I can even blow up the amount of storage I receive at any time (or reduce it if I prefer). All things considered, this solves every issue I had with mobile storage in Dropbox.

iCloud review by <span>Alyse F.</span>
Alyse F.

Apple iCloud is never not confusing.

What do you like best?

I like that it serves as external storage and that it's very inexpensive. I also love that I can access files and settings from all my devices. Specifically, I love that I'm able to see and respond to my texts from both my iPhone and my Mac. I love that my calendar is viewable and editable on both my phone and computer as well. Apple iCloud also always me to access on my iPhone whatever tabs are currently open on my Mac's Safari browser. It's like magic! The best part though, is having the images on my phone automatically back up to my Photos app on my Mac through the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how easy it is for all of my iCloud preferences to get completely screwed up. It's not very intuitive for the user. I truly can't even say whether I'm using it in all the correct ways. Of all software I've had to troubleshoot most, Apple iCloud takes the cake. I've had to toggle it off and then on again multiple times after "crashing" to get it to work again. Just seems finicky!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT. It will make your live SO much easier. Especially if you have a lot going on across multiple devices.

Apple iCloud solves the business problem of needing all documents/images/video/files/calendars consistent and updated across all platforms. Partially when I'm on the go photographing a wedding, I need the ability to access contacts, contracts, etc. from my iPhone that were originally saved on my computer. I can't imagine how much harder business would be without the ability to work across platforms.

iCloud review by <span>Kellie J C.</span>
Kellie J C.

I use icloud for all my devices

What do you like best?

I like that my backups are secure and accessible from anywhere. I like that i know my data is safe and easily available. I can restore my devices from the cloud without any loss.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to manage more specific files in the cloud much like you can in dropbox or box. The ability to specify the files would go a long way to maximizing the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering the cloud go for it. My big suggestion would be to make sure you back up your data regularly. You can go online to manage your iCloud account for all of your devices, so ensuring you have online access is good too.

I use the Cloud to keep my ipad, iphone and macbook backed up. I can restore my devices from the cloud and not have any issues. I have done it several times with the purchase of new devices.

Learning about Apple iCloud?

* We monitor all Apple iCloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.