Apple iCloud

iCloud does more than just store your content. It lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents, and more, from whatever devices you???re on. And it???s built into every new iOS device and every new Mac.

Work for Apple iCloud?

Learning about iCloud?

Apple iCloud Reviews

Showing 113 iCloud reviews
iCloud review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"Pioneer of cloud use, home for the integration of Apple devices, atrocious file support & free space"

What do you like best?

Seamless integration with most of the apple devices that could use, Icloud pioneer several of the most popular uses of cloud service.

Intuitive contacts, notes, reminders & calendar syncing; Iphone and Mac products easy finder, easy backups for Apple devices, storages for pictures or other media.

Small amount of space provided for free accounts, but bigger plans available for purchase.

Integration with Apple's Office software package and availability on mostly every computer, tablet or cell phone

What do you dislike?

Poor integration with non Apple products, atrocious space provided with the free version; has had security concerns in the past.

Atrocious compatibility with non apple filetypes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider purchasing additional storage, verify the product integrations with the different products you intend to use, don't store your nude or very private pictures!

Contacts, calendars, events, reminders & notes storage and sync between multiple devices.

Backups created for cell phones in between upgrades or as precausion.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apple iCloud
iCloud review by Tim T.
Tim T.

"Apple iCloud...Good...just want more space"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to have documents through pages and pictures from my phone synced to the cloud with little or no effort. So simple to move from one unit to the next.

What do you dislike?

A major dislike is the limited free space. I love how Google Drive allows photos at a certain size to be free. It would be nice if using an apple program if those could be free too like Pages. The other part that is difficult is when moving to a non-apple system is not always as simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple iCloud is a great, basic cloud service. It is simple to use with Mac Computers and iOS phones and iPads.

To be able to move from one apple computer to the next and have pages documents is something that is great.

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

iCloud review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"LOVE the storage and find my iPhone/iPad (device)"

What do you like best?

I love that I can store my photos and documents in the cloud. I also like the other features like "Find my iPhone/iPad/Mac" which I have used frequently for my students as we are in a one to one environment with iPads. I also like that I can access from anywhere and any of my Apple devices.

What do you dislike?

I wish that photos on my phone/mac would delete once they are backed up onto Apple iCloud. I hate having to manage the storage of my phone when I go to take a picture. I would like the pictures to go to the cloud and then disappear from my phone/mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great addition to all of your apple products. It keeps it all as one entity. i also like that I can have a family sharing plan amongst all the apple products in my home. I am able to keep track of everyone's devices as well as content. The option to purchase additional storage is also very affordable.

I can access my photos, documents from anywhere. I don't have to be on my work computer. It is all synced through the cloud. When I get a new device, I am able to transfer settings from the cloud.

iCloud review by Jack H.
Jack H.

"iCloud; have your Cake and eat it (Anywhere!)"

What do you like best?

It's way better now. This is one instance where Steve Jobs' death vastly improved the quality of the product that Apple offers. Now instead of being a bust-down clone of Dropbox, it actually works JUST like Dropbox, and even better. Playgrounds now can be used in a cloud-based method where you can access all your projects, no matter where they are.

What do you dislike?

Still can't interact with documents natively on mobile apps. A lot of the features wind up going unused, but what I use it for works swimmingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What do you need? There are dozens of options in terms of online cloud storage; if you exclusively use Apple devices, ythen this is the thing you use.

Just making sure my oft-used documents are readily available at all times. This way I can apply for jobs while on the toilet. Space is such a non-factor that I can pull movies around in it and download them directly on my friends' computers. I can even blow up the amount of storage I receive at any time (or reduce it if I prefer). All things considered, this solves every issue I had with mobile storage in Dropbox.

iCloud review by Alyse F.
Alyse F.

"Apple iCloud is never not confusing."

What do you like best?

I like that it serves as external storage and that it's very inexpensive. I also love that I can access files and settings from all my devices. Specifically, I love that I'm able to see and respond to my texts from both my iPhone and my Mac. I love that my calendar is viewable and editable on both my phone and computer as well. Apple iCloud also always me to access on my iPhone whatever tabs are currently open on my Mac's Safari browser. It's like magic! The best part though, is having the images on my phone automatically back up to my Photos app on my Mac through the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how easy it is for all of my iCloud preferences to get completely screwed up. It's not very intuitive for the user. I truly can't even say whether I'm using it in all the correct ways. Of all software I've had to troubleshoot most, Apple iCloud takes the cake. I've had to toggle it off and then on again multiple times after "crashing" to get it to work again. Just seems finicky!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT. It will make your live SO much easier. Especially if you have a lot going on across multiple devices.

Apple iCloud solves the business problem of needing all documents/images/video/files/calendars consistent and updated across all platforms. Partially when I'm on the go photographing a wedding, I need the ability to access contacts, contracts, etc. from my iPhone that were originally saved on my computer. I can't imagine how much harder business would be without the ability to work across platforms.

iCloud review by Kellie J C.
Kellie J C.

"I use icloud for all my devices"

What do you like best?

I like that my backups are secure and accessible from anywhere. I like that i know my data is safe and easily available. I can restore my devices from the cloud without any loss.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to manage more specific files in the cloud much like you can in dropbox or box. The ability to specify the files would go a long way to maximizing the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering the cloud go for it. My big suggestion would be to make sure you back up your data regularly. You can go online to manage your iCloud account for all of your devices, so ensuring you have online access is good too.

I use the Cloud to keep my ipad, iphone and macbook backed up. I can restore my devices from the cloud and not have any issues. I have done it several times with the purchase of new devices.

iCloud review by Lauren T. M.
Lauren T. M.

"I still don't understand iCloud or how to access it"

What do you like best?

I like that iCloud backs up my photos from my Ipad and iphone. I can access it through a computer to pull up things that are on my iphone.

What do you dislike?

I struggle with how to access my backed up files after they've been stored, and i frequently run out of room. I have to frequently remove videos from icloud so I can have more space. The interface online for how to access your cloud items is very simple, but almost too simple. I feel like I can't find anything and it is awkward to navigate. I figured out how to delete files but it took me awhile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that if you are an Apple user, iCloud is something you're already familiar with. That being said, there are TONS of services out there. Consider them all. Yes, ICloud is free for a certain amount of space. Most of us, though, will hit that very quickly. You have to pay for iCloud if you want more space.

I personally like Flickr's auto backup system as a free alternative.

We use MozyPro to backup documents and other files.

The business problem I am solving is definitely data backup. I always worry about losing my personal information. If I have anything important, I'll take a screen shot of it and I know icloud will back it up. It also saves my work related contacts so I never have to worry about losing any phone numbers.

iCloud review by Harshita S.
Harshita S.

"Best affordable back-up solution "

What do you like best?

It's easy, simple and cost effective as compared to other cloud back up solutions that are being offered today. You get 5 gb free to start and it's only $1 to upgrade to 50 gb! Can't beat that when you can download iCloud of any platform to back up all your documents, pictures and music.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a higher starting storage given the competitive products that are available like Google drive, one drive etc,

You can get all your content on any device at any time thereby limiting the need to carry multiple devices with you at all times. Better yet, you can start a document on one device and pick it up right where you left off!

iCloud review by Andy P.
Andy P.

"Ultimate Apple Experience"

What do you like best?

Backups of my devices so I don't need to setup/configure a new device in the event of one being lost and we don't have worries about users losing their own data.

What do you dislike?

Limited space. If I've brought a 128GB device only having 5GB to backup is unlikely to be a good experience!

Also lack of corporate management tools is an ongoing issue. At the moment if the user leaves we lose all their data - is 99% personal but anything could be in that 1%!

Recommendations to others considering the product

A personal use policy is a must. Quick documentation for users (Deployed straight to their iBook application is also a good idea). If it's more than one piece of paper it's probably too detailed to be useful for most people!

Moving users quickly from old devices to new devices without having to involve the ServiceDesk either over the phone or especially via people feeling they have to bring their devices in!

iCloud review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Having a back up for your previous data is the key"

What do you like best?

That the cloud stores and shares my data with all my devices. I don't have to search all over and hope to find it. Or if i lose a devise I don't lose all my documents.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't alway back up everything or you run out of space. Even worse is when you backed it up but then you go to reload it but is still missing stuff. You want to depend on it and still it can fail you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a friendly interface and easy access then this is a must have. You can be one with you customers needs and not looking for the file while they wait.

Less storage problems. Easier to locate items needed for business meetings. You can collaborate with others. Fornl lists and notes with others.

iCloud review by Eddie S.
Eddie S.

"Nice interface, poor integration"

What do you like best?

I have access to iCloud as long as I have my iOS or Mac OS devices with me.

What do you dislike?

I don't have access on my Windows 10 machine currently. I've downloaded and installed the media packs necessary to run iCloud for Windows, but the install package doesn't recognize that the media packs are there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your IT staff has installed all necessary Windows software if you're wanting to use iCloud on Windows.

This is solving an issue I've had with having access to mind maps and some of the other documents I've created on Mac OS and don't have/can't get the software for on Windows.

iCloud review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Security with Small Hassle"

What do you like best?

The security of having all of my important pictures, videos, documents, music, mail, contacts, calendar etc in a secure cloud that is regularly backed up definitely makes me feel very secure. I definitely trust Apple as a company and think they are the best in the biz :) Although the most important documents are backed up onto an external drive I love the security of knowing that my items are in iCloud whenever I am ready for them.

What do you dislike?

For some reason I have a hard time accusing items across devises (iPhone, iPad and MacBook). I log into ic;loud and seem to have a hard time figuring out what i need to do to obtain my items. I think accessibility could be a bit more streamlined. Luckily i have not had to track down anything of extreme importance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give iCloud a fair shot. It took me forever to make the switch to Apple but now that I did (five years ago) I am more productive and that is in part because of the iCloud software and being able to work between devices with security that my items are safe!

Keeping all of my files/documents etc in iCloud allows me to have the security of a big business server without paying for one. I am able to back up all documents etc to iCloud and feel secure that it will always be there. Being able to have that luxury is a very nice benefit since I am just starting out in my small business

iCloud review by User in Higher Education

"I'd be lost without Apple's iCloud!"

What do you like best?

I don't know where to start. I purchased this back when it was "mac.com" and then renewed back in the "mobile me" days (thus, my main personal email is available all at @mac.com, @me.com, and @icloud.com). I love that I get 50gb of cloud space for $12/yr. That I can sync keychains, photos, music, reminders, etc. but MOST importantly, my iCal. My iCal is on every device I own: iMac, MacBook Pro (work), MacBook Pro (personal), iPad, iPhone, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to import rules from the Apple Mail App to the web version of iCloud mail.

I hate the fact that i cannot use my company's calendar (Outlook) instead of iCal -- instead of accepting invitations, I have to manually plug them into my iCal. A serious drag and something Microsoft should address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be used on any platform (Mac/Win), and it's the easiest thing you'll ever use to keep everything together. There are a lot of similar things coming on the market but nothing like this -- Apple has been the first to successfully do this on such a fantastic level -- bar none!

iCal, hands down, keeps me squared away for all appointments! I even tell my students that due to how busy I am, if they are unable to make my office hours, they need to schedule an appointment with me -- and make sure I enter it in one either my iPad or iPhone (I bring one of the two to each teaching session) so I will not forget (or schedule something on top of their schedule).

iCloud review by User in Motion Pictures and Film
User in Motion Pictures and Film

"Very useful but sometimes feels buggy"

What do you like best?

Apple icloud is one of those things where you (for the most part) set it and forget it, which is incredibly nice. I use icloud between all of my apple devices and it's the perfect way to be able to look at many things, no matter what device I am currently on, or what device it originated from. For example, I sync my notes, calendars and emails all through icloud so I can check on them whether I am on my computer, phone, etc.

What do you dislike?

Apple icloud is a wonderful product, but can sometimes feel buggy. Occasionally it seems to log out and require me to re enter my password, which usually takes me a few tries, and although it's rare, it sometimes will have sync issues, though that could be due to a variety of things, not necessarily on the part of apple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on primarily apple products, and you want everything in one place, viewable from any device you own, this is the easiest way to do it. Apple Icloud is already built right into your devices so it's a breeze to setup. It usually works without a hitch, which makes life much easier!

I use the free allotted amount of data, but know many people who use it to back up more data heavy things such as photos as well!

Keeping business notes, emails, and calendar events all in one place and viewable from a variety of devices.

iCloud review by 亚东 .
亚东 .

"Good tool to connect apple device, but space not enough"

What do you like best?

Good way to backup and sync data between apple devices. Easy to set up. Family sharing is very useful.

iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Drive keep all your photos, videos, and documents stored securely and updated everywhere.

What do you dislike?

Space not enough especially for photos and videos storing. Not very stable for user to use, sometimes there are some issues with data sync and login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

5G space is enough for Contacts and Message sync. but not enough for photos and videos.

Backup my contacts and messages. Share data between apple devices.

iCloud review by User in Music
User in Music

"Overpriced and not enough free space"

What do you like best?

It connects my devices together so I can record a song on the ipad and then retrieve it from my laptop later. That feature is nice. I do like syncing my apple notes with icloud for quick retrieval. I also find it cool that I can see my safari bookmarks on my iphone, ipad and computer at the same time. That is pretty awesome.

What do you dislike?

It is over priced and there is not enough space space offered. Customers should get more free space with every new apple device iphone, ipad, laptop) you purchase. It is quite wrong that we spend 1,000s of dollars on apple products and we don't get extra free space per new device. I have 4 apple products I should be able to accrue more space per product I own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not the best place to store design and music files, but decent for music, and data. I wish that with each apple product you get you get more cumulative storage. It is very insulting that we can't receive more storage after we purchase a lot of apple products and doesn't seem to make sense.

iCloud is nice for connecting data between my ipad and macbook. I also like that I can log into my devices with the icloud account its a simple easy global way of logging in. It definitely is helpful connecting family members together and sharing the same music with itunes. That is pretty amazing.

iCloud review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Use for my personal cell phone"

What do you like best?

I like how if I am changing phones that I can have all of my contacts switched right over along with my applications.

What do you dislike?

I can't stand how it barely gives you any free space to back your phone up on. I don't want to pay all that extra money for just a few more gigs of backup space. If I ever have to get a new phone I have to end up deleting half of the stuff on my phone so it will back my things up. I have a 64 gig iphone but only get 5 gigs or so....

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is necessary if you have an iPhone but I think it could use some major improvements.

I am solving not losing all of my school, internship, and personal information on my phone when I switch devices.

iCloud review by User in Higher Education

"Apple iCloud makes my life complete"

What do you like best?

Apple iCloud is one of my favorite organizing tools. I can honestly say that I use it every day. I like it because it makes planning my life and vacations a lot easier. ICloud allows me to share calendar details and reminders with my husband, that way we are both on the same page about what needs to be done in our lives or where we plan to go on vacation. At work, it allows me to be constantly organized because I can access it from any where.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't share my notes with someone. Sharing notes would allow me to collaborate more with people, and it would allow me to share ideas easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using this product not just for work, but also for your personal life.

I am able to solve organization problems with Apple iCloud. It is great because I can have several different calendars for different things (like paychecks, timecards or work schedules).

iCloud review by User in Internet

"Overall Positive "

What do you like best?

Allows me to keep my files stored in one safe place for easy access. Overall the solution is easy to use and the UX is very friendly.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure seems to be inconsistent with the data that you get. I also have issues at times with getting data freed up on a device that I am not using. Any big issues seem to create a trip to the apple store to wait in large queue lines.

Storage for files

iCloud review by Fred B.
Fred B.

"I share documents and data between iPad, Macbook and Office Computers"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can share documents and data between iPad, Macbook and my office Computer - meaning that I always have access to the important files I need wherever I am.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I don't want the large files taking up space on my phone.

iCloud review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Apple iCloud - main portal to ios life"

What do you like best?

As an Apple user iCloud is an essential element to keep my devices backed-up and connected. There are a number of apps I use on a daily basis that synchronize across my iphone 5s, iphone 6, ipad air 2 and mac. and keep my travel and work life quite organized.

What do you dislike?

My company does not allow us to store business documents on iCloud nor they allow the company sponsored devices to use icloud to maintain them synced nor backed-up... so there is a problem. While some app do have a work-around - they have their own cloud sync, I once lost my apps and re-building the iphone was a nightmare,

sadly not many business problems since the company does not allow us to use icloud to sync devices/documents.

iCloud review by Siva S. P.
Siva S. P.

"Smart way to store"

What do you like best?

Most efficient way to store your contacts, pictures, videos and confidential data.

The best part is you can access anywhere in any devices.

More advantages to apple users

What do you dislike?

Space limitation is the drawback of this one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy way to maintain your data. Most importantly in secure way. Automatically update from your apple device which is cool.

Sharing information is more easy between own devises or with others

iCloud review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"iCloud is a great concept for Mac that has yet to work consistently"

What do you like best?

The idea behind iCloud is fantastic. It keeps everything I could think of—numbers, calendar events, notes—synced up between all my devices.

What do you dislike?

Apple's execution of cloud syncing is prone to bugginess, especially if your devices are not all running the latest and greatest OS. Notes will be duplicated here and there, iCal events are re-inviting me to the same event, and document sync with iCloud is almost dangerous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for little things, but don't use iCloud to sync you important creative documents. Dropbox and Google Drive are much stabler cloud services.

If I create new contacts, they instantly show up on my other devices so I can keep track of calls, emails, etc. If iCloud were less buggy, it would definitely be "magic."

iCloud review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"I currently use this primarily for personal (though essentially for work too)"

What do you like best?

Sometimes (if I'm lucky) it backs up my data.

What do you dislike?

This is difficult to use. It rarely syncs even when I follow the instructions, and constantly says I'm in need of an iCloud backup even though I've followed all instructions. It doesn't seem to backup music, but sometimes backs up photos. I don't think it works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't discovered a better program to back up my data, but this currently does not do the job.

I'd ideally want it to back up all my phone info and data in case I lost it.

iCloud review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Not the easy user friendly experience "

What do you like best?

I like the idea that it would be a way of automatically saving and uploading pictures videos and music from my phone. Added to that the interface looks great.

What do you dislike?

Apple boasts and is typically such a user friendly interface - I have an iPad, iPhone and MacBook and love all of them. But yet I can't quite figure out iCloud. I have enough trouble using the system that it interferes with my ability to use it, which is obviously a Major downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I hesitate to give iCloud a bad review because apple is typically so user friendly and offers such great products but I really cannot turn iCloud into something that is useful to me on a professional or personal level.

Given my trouble with the interface, I would say my ability to problem solve with this software is limited.

iCloud review by Arif Rahman W.
Arif Rahman W.

"it just works! (most of the time)"

What do you like best?

Its capability in synchronising all my apple devices in relatively quick period of time

What do you dislike?

sometimes the photos just don't sync before certain time

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will just work if you use multiple Apple devices, free 5gb may not enough, but the 50gb option is so cheap as well

I can access my files everywhere, quickly, on whatever devices I bring

iCloud review by Consultant

"Easy to use and essential to every day work"

What do you like best?

I like that it is readily available on every mac computer. Since our entire office uses macs, it is easier to just use the iCloud to share our files between each desk. It makes it easier to work remotely, which is my favorite thing to do.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it can take non-Mac users some time to get used to the interface. We actually have to hold a 20 minute seminar to teach new employees how to use iCloud. It is not as intuitive as, say, google drive.

we are solving the business problem of having to have a bunch of paper files in every office. Since our work is document heavy, if it weren't for the icloud we'd have stacks and stacks of papers. this way, as soon as any mail or document comes in, our secretary will scan everything onto the drive

iCloud review by Alejandra L.
Alejandra L.

"Access to your phone via web"

What do you like best?

The best thing of iCloud is being able to track my phone or my macbook if i loose it.

It is also nice to be able to use programs online and having access to those files online. (pages, numbers, keynote)

What do you dislike?

More tutorials on what can you do with this program.

Being able to find my phone with my macbook.

iCloud review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"A great security blanket"

What do you like best?

I like that iCloud can be used for a back up for pictures and documents.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't load idisk as an external HD.

Being able to back up on the go.

iCloud review by Denise D.
Denise D.

"Useful but not my favorite Cloud. "

What do you like best?

I can access all of my info/data from any of my synced devices.

What do you dislike?

If you want to switch to an Android platform it's nearly impossible to remove your data from the iCloud.

Ease of access to documents.

iCloud review by Jennifer E.
Jennifer E.

"Great storage tool for Apple products"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily setup my photos, contacts, and more to sync directly from my iPhone and iPad to the cloud. And when I sync from one device it syncs to the other. When I recently changed phones it also allowed me to quickly and easily download from the iCloud to my new phone.

What do you dislike?

I don't know of anything that I dislike about this tool.

Storage of important information and files without having to manually do the backup. It's a huge time saver and relief to know that my files are secure and easily accessible.

iCloud review by Felix M.
Felix M.

"Powerful "

What do you like best?

It offers synchronization of contacts up to the basic authorship of documents in Pages, Numbers or Keynoite, through photos or remote management of Apple devices

What do you dislike?

it doesn't offer as much flexibility as other vendors like Microsoft or Google

All connected

iCloud review by Dorian D.
Dorian D.

"Apple iCloud"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to store content and you can count on it to back up everything.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to pay extra for extra iCloud storage and it is a monthly charge that is too expensive for what you get.

Storing all data in the cloud and are easily about to backup and restore files easily.

iCloud review by David G.
David G.

"Great file storage service"

What do you like best?

I really like that is free and no money has to come out your pocket for you to use the service. Also you manage your files between apple products.

What do you dislike?

That you only get 1gb on the icloud but 1gb is more then enough for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

It free and it serves its purpose to store your files.

If i need to upload something quickly from my iphone I can and get it directly on my mac.

iCloud review by Peter C.
Peter C.

"Best icloud storage for apple "

What do you like best?

what i like best about apple cloud storage is that you can send photos to your computer to your phone

What do you dislike?

i really dont like when you take photo it automatically sends it to your computer

Recommendations to others considering the product

i recommend to people to use apple icloud than use dropbox because icloud is quick and easy to use

i had a problem from not turning off camara syncing and later on i realized it was in the settings hiding

iCloud review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"Works Great For Me"

What do you like best?

I love that it automatically backs up my documents, photos, data and device configurations on a daily basis. I also like that that information is accessible on any device connected to my account.

What do you dislike?

5GB base storage is not enough, thankfully the next level up is only $.99/month but still

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide more base storage for free, 5 GB is nothing now a days

n/a

iCloud review by Danielle J.
Danielle J.

"Apple ICloud"

What do you like best?

Family Sharing, Photo Library, ICloud Drive, Find My Iphone.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay for it. I shouldn't have to pay for something every time I want to use something my Iphone offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the family sharing because I can literally share everything from other places without being anywhere near the people. I can send files to work and I can send pictures to family.

The ICloud drive helps me store important data and share it with others even when I'm not at work.

iCloud review by Benjamin E.
Benjamin E.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Ability to accsess all data and files from any computer

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit pricey for larger packages

Na

iCloud review by Brett G.
Brett G.

"iCloud gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy it is to use iCloud between my Apple devices. I am often taking notes on my phone about various things, as well as taking notes on my computer, and iCloud links my notes together, giving me the ability to view and edit my notes regardless of the device I am using. Additionally, I love the "Find My Device" feature, because it ensures me that even if I lose anything, or if it is stolen, there is a good chance of recovering it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how little data you are given (until you finally can't take erasing things to make space anymore and purchase a larger, more expensive plan) on iCloud because it limits me on what I can have synced/backed up to the server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not the most avid fan of iCloud, but if you own/use Apple products, familiarizing yourself and utilizing iCloud to its full potential will definitely provide you with many useful benefits

I have the ability to access a great deal of information from my personal notes, to my calendar, to my contacts, regardless of whether I am using my iPhone, iPad, or Mac Book Air. As a college student who is constantly moving from my house, to the library, to classrooms, and so on, I don't always have my computer with me (or when I'm in class, using my phone isn't something I enjoy doing), so having the ability to access the information I want to see no matter what device I happen to be using is extremely helpful.

iCloud review by User in Motion Pictures and Film
User in Motion Pictures and Film

"iCloud, good idea but not enough space"

What do you like best?

It's nice that it automatically backs up and you don't have to initialize it. It's also nice that it syncs between devices.

What do you dislike?

There is not enough free space. 5GB of free data is OK for some people but not enough with the amount of photos and videos for normal people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your costs and access. You might be able to implement a server/hard drive for cheaper instead of paying monthly forever. If you're not synching everything, it can be cumbersome to use iCloud and a waste of space. It might make sense to use something else like Dropbox instead.

I don't use this for business because there is not enough free space to synch everything. I will just use a portable hard drive.

iCloud review by Darwin Y.
Darwin Y.

"The best Cloud"

What do you like best?

I like Icloud very much because I can access anything anywhere.

What do you dislike?

There are nothing I dislike because it is already very good.

iCloud review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Good but not Dropbox"

What do you like best?

The apple icloud is a great way to store my pictures, video and music. It allows me to easily sync everything using my iphone, appletv and ipad. It is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

For work I prefer dropbox. Dropbox can store all my picture easily and seems easier to use when pulling up word documents or other stored files for work. I do not have a mac at work and feel that dropbox is better for my stored work docs.

Storing my pictures and videos lets me clear up space on my document, allowing my iphone and ipad to run more efficiently.

iCloud review by Wayne S.
Wayne S.

"This is what keeps me in sync"

What do you like best?

My calendar and contacts sync between my apple products and with a 3rd party app with Outlook

What do you dislike?

I needed a 3rd party app to link Outlook

If I don't know my calendar, can't get phone and email addresses I can't do business. The benefits are obvious.

iCloud review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"My iCloud Experience"

What do you like best?

I love the integration. iCloud connects my iPad, iPhone and Macbook Pro. I utilize iCloud for Calendars, Reminders, Notes, Contacts, Photos and file storage. iCloud is the perfect companion to any apple product. Additionally, I purchase storage from iCloud - the price is affordable compared to other comparable services.

What do you dislike?

I really enjoy this product. There is nothing about the iCloud suite that I dislike.

iCloud assisted me in streamlining and organizing my projects, teams, etc.

iCloud review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Buggy but has very useful features and most of it is free!"

What do you like best?

iCloud allows for easy cloud backup of your emails, contacts, calendar, reminders, notes, bookmarks, passwords, pictures, etc. to the cloud. This is part of your Mac and iPhone, nothing additional to download so that is a huge plus. I think the most valuable part of iCloud is Find My Mac - this is one of those built in tools that you won't think about too much until you need it. I hope you never have to use it but if you do, this will allow you in most cases to locate your laptop. I've had my laptop stolen, I know how valuable this is.

What do you dislike?

The key here is "when it works." iCloud can be buggy. How many times have I had to re-enter my password only to have to reset my password. This is not just me either, a lot of people have this problem. My wife uses iCloud and it seems to drain her phone battery considerably when doing background syncs of pictures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iCloud is integrated into your Mac computer or iPhone. The first 5 GB of storage is free and Find My Mac is also free. There's really not much reason not to try it out.

Easy backup to the cloud. Find My Mac peace of mind!

iCloud review by Barry M.
Barry M.

"If you love Apple, you'll love iCloud. If you don't love Apple...may not be your best bet."

What do you like best?

iCloud is automatically set up on any of your i-devices. It makes it easy to implement and automatically use.

What do you dislike?

Selective syncing, syncing across devices, etc. makes it almost impossible to stay under usage limits and encourages a pay-to-play system. Thankfully iCloud storage isn't too expensive.

We have i-devices all over our business. iCloud gives a simple way to make sure backups exist without our being involved.

iCloud review by Greg F.
Greg F.

"Too Complicated"

What do you like best?

Find My iPhone is essential object, backup of mobile devices is also good.

What do you dislike?

Control of pictures, too much work to keep just the ones you want.

None

iCloud review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"iCloud great for writers "

What do you like best?

That all of my projects are accessible at home, work and school

What do you dislike?

Organization on the web based version is difficult

Using documents on multiple computers

iCloud review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"On Cloud 9"

What do you like best?

For the small price I pay, I have plenty of spare space when I need to leave plenty of my files somewhere, yet everywhere.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes, just using up character space.

No problems to be solved with this application.

iCloud review by Calvin K.
Calvin K.

"Great for personal use"

What do you like best?

I really like that theirs really no setup the convenience is amazing.

What do you dislike?

There a max limit of 5gb for icloud, when I would like much more space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you lose something and have a backup it feels great.

I always make backups of personal files and one day I lost on form I needed and I just pulled it up on icloud.

iCloud review by Stefan B.
Stefan B.

"Makes a necessary task simple to use and smooth"

What do you like best?

It integrates my calendars and contacts across my iPhone, iMac, Macbook Pro and, when needed, on my PC. Comparing to several attempts of good syncing, I came to totally rely on it day-by-day. It works off-line and syncs while online and have found very few glitches.

Photostream is also included, although that does not take room from iCloud (photo's are stored locally).

More and more apps come with iCloud integration, which will become more important the day I add an iPad in the equation.

What do you dislike?

5 GB cloud storage is not much, but I hardly use any of it (not for documents, that is).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can live with the fact that you're up to the mercy of Apple and you have at least one Apple-branded device, it is valuable. Not sure of its usefulness in corporate environments, but it is more complementary to Exchange and other services.

Syncing contacts and calendars mostly.

iCloud review by Brittany T.
Brittany T.

"Can't live without it! "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that no matter where i am or what i am working on my documents that i make through iCloud are accessible; not to mention the music, movies and TV shows all accessible from one spot.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say i have yet to find something i do not like about my iCloud account! It is amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have apple products this is a must for all your documents, music, books, and entertainment! It is one of the most valuable tools I have as a business person!

Specifically, I remember one time when i was away at a conference I had been invited to speak at. I mistakenly forgot my notes in my hotel room but luckily I had typed them on my iCloud just for insurance. I was able to download my missing notes in seconds and get myself prepared to go as if nothing had ever happened!

iCloud review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Good experience, wished it had more storage for free or cheaper"

What do you like best?

I can sync my multiple apple products (iPhone, iPad, and MacBook).

What do you dislike?

Storage space is not enough and it's expensive to upgrade

Benefit of having every decide synced and allows for on-the-go work.

iCloud review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"To the Cloud!"

What do you like best?

I love that Apple iCloud just saves all stuff. I don't have to think about it. It does it automatically.

In this day and age there is some much happening in our every day lives that this is one less thing to remember.

What do you dislike?

The iCloud is amazing. There is nothing I don't like.

I use this every day for all my work and personal uses. It is perfect.

iCloud review by Brittany D.
Brittany D.

"Apple iCloud"

What do you like best?

iCloud is a great solution for storing pictures, documents, passwords, etc. that you want to use across multiple devices. Also great for if you upgrade your device and don't want to go to the hassle of transferring all your data. Plus storing in the cloud gives you a storage location that is outside your home in case of theft, fire, etc.

What do you dislike?

Overall, it works really well and I would recommend it to apple users

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful tool for backing up your information and being able to access it from anywhere, anytime.

Storage of documents, pictures, data, passwords, etc in a secure location outside your home that can be accessed from anywhere.

iCloud review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"iCloud makes file access across apple devices a breeze"

What do you like best?

The name says it all, Apple iCloud lets you share your documents across multiple devices.

What do you dislike?

I can't access iCloud with my Andoid phone... that makes it hard, because I do all my work on my MacBook Pro and iPad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great especially if you have an iPad and/or iPhone.

iCloud makes it easy to show clients documents I worked on with my MacBook Pro, while I am using my iPad with them.

iCloud review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Medium Usage"

What do you like best?

i like that I can access my files among many different devices without having to upload/download anywhere. I really like how convenient it is.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it automatically syncs with devices sometimes without a prompt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not have any.

The business problems I am solving is the amount of time it takes to upload and download files between devices.There are many benefits that have helped, including that it is very convenient for file sharing.

iCloud review by User in Computer Software

"Great"

What do you like best?

I really like iCloud. Its easy to use, and a lot of fun to have. I wouldn't use anything else. I also like how I can store everything on it.

What do you dislike?

Its sometimes too simple and I wish some of the beta tools were full fledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get involved in it now and learn how to use it. Its a great tool and a lot better than google.

Always trying to expand. This tool and the find my iphone features have been awesome.

iCloud review by Srirama K.
Srirama K.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

Instant sharing of pics and information.

What do you dislike?

None - it is a great product and gets everyone connected

Useful for sharing meeting minutes

iCloud review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"My Info Anytime"

What do you like best?

It's amazing how you can have your contacts, calendars, or documents wherever you go. Plus if you have an iTunes account, you will have your downloads available to any device if you choose to by using iCloud. On another notes, iCloud gives you 5 GB free to store anything you like, from pictures or files. It is a great implementation to modernization, especially if you use anything apple because you get an email out of it as well! iCloud is just another word for storage heaven, I don't think things will get any easier than this, but then again Apple is always going above and beyond with their technology advances.

What do you dislike?

What is there to dislike? I might say their pricing for additional storage is a bit pricey but it is on a yearly basis. I think an additional 20 GB is $20 a year, but hey its a year! May be a little pricey but you can count on having your information backed up constantly without having to worry about it, and you will always have it where ever you go!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn about Apple's different features that come with iCloud and how it can be implemented before fully converting because people just do it without knowing how to use it and they complain they lost their information. Apple is great with support especially when trying to welcome them to the Apple family (who wouldn't help a new customer?) Other than that, the iCloud is a new fab for the technology world, and having it is a plus. Either way, iCloud was a great idea and still is.

iCloud review by Daniel J.
Daniel J.

"Simple and Easy"

What do you like best?

I used MobileMe before iCloud and was already happy with the product. When iCloud first came out I was a little hesitant because there were some missing features, but I have grown to love it.

iCloud is not a cloud-based file system like Dropbox or Google Drive, but it is very capable at what it does. It keeps app data in sync between Apple devices and keeps files synced within individual apps. I have not had any problems with it and am very happy with the features it offers.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I would like to see is a few more features in the iCloud tool for Windows. It does a good job syncing your basic info, but it would be nice to see a little more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Apple devices, this is a must use. It is fully integrated in to both iOS and Mac OSX and it is a great way to keep all your devices in sync.

iCloud review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"iCloud: Easy to use, easy to go over"

What do you like best?

iCloud is very well integrated with the Apple suite of mobile and desktop products (e.g. Notes, iTunes, iPhoto)

What do you dislike?

I don't like how there's little to no information available for one's iCloud account. It's also quite pricey for what it is, especially if you take a lot of photos and videos using your mobile device

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pricey. Stick to the free version (up to 5GB) and back up often!

I can access mobile and desktop content across a number of devices. Very helpful for people who travel and/or create a lot of content, whether for personal reasons or business.

iCloud review by John H.
John H.

"Cloud backup for your Apple products"

What do you like best?

Just what the doctor ordered, right? Cloud backup for your data! Free! Automatic! Like most Apple products, implementation is fairly simple. And did I mention free?

What do you dislike?

The free offering for iCloud is only 5 GB, which sounds like a lot. However, once you start using it you quickly realize it is insufficient for even a modest iPhone. Which leaves you to pick and choose what you want to backup and is a pain in the neck. Clearly this is Apple's strategy, but since I already backup routinely to my PC (which is in turn backed up), iCloud just isn't critical for me. My other complaint is that with a bunch of products tied to my iTunes account, the backup gets very muddled and I end up with no idea what is actually getting backed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It's free, after all. But unless you are willing to pay, I suspect you will find this an inadequate backup method. I certainly wouldn't rely on it for mission-critical, irreplaceable data.

iCloud review by Jenny P.
Jenny P.

"Information at my fingertips!"

What do you like best?

I like that, as long as I have web access, I can easily pull up information anywhere I am--from calendar, mail, photos, and documents to even being able to easily locate my iPhone if lost.

What do you dislike?

If you forget your apple ID it's extremely difficult to reset it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't forget your Apple ID!

I'm able to do more and go more places with less prep time. Everything I need is always at my fingertips and easily accessible. A little foresight and simple organization techniques get me everything I need!

iCloud review by ✅ Ian M.
✅ Ian M.

"Good for I -devices"

What do you like best?

easy and automatic backing up of I device information such as photos taken.

What do you dislike?

Not as easy to be a generic platform for file storage as with others, very aligned to the Apple way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect it to be as open as others like Dropbox or Box yet

Great way to autosave photos taken on the iphone and have access from other Idevices such as Apple TV

iCloud review by Cate C.
Cate C.

"Good In Theory - Don't Use on iPhone"

What do you like best?

This is a great app - theoretically. I enjoyed using it for the first few weeks that I had it - photos, music etc. all at my finger tips on any device. But then it kept killing my data plan so I had to stop using it.

What do you dislike?

This is a known issue with iCloud but I wasn't aware of it until I started having problems. iCloud will sometimes run in the background on your iPhone and will drain your data plan from your cell service provider. I had to not only turn off the iCloud but had to delete my account entirely from my iPhone to get it to stop.

It is possible they've fixed this, but I don't want to test it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't run it on your iPhone.

iCloud review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Welcome to the 21st century"

What do you like best?

Security from loss of data/files, accessibility, reasonable pricing.

What do you dislike?

Don't understand how to access it in its entirety only through specific portals like expanding storage on my phone, and accessing a backup through iTunes. Wish it were more like a Dropbox.

Dynamic storage capacity, seamless use.

iCloud review by Lawrence P.
Lawrence P.

"Have used this service since it started"

What do you like best?

Remembers where I have been, works on all my devices

What do you dislike?

No phone support - but Techsurvivors.net is a perfect community for all my problems

Useful storage

iCloud review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Useful PC to Mac to IOS synchronization platform but potential data security issues persist"

What do you like best?

Very seamless Outlook 2013, Mac OS X, iCloud.com, iOS integration. Interface is nice, particularly on the iCloud website and hooking into Outlook is seamless and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Mac OSX Snow Leopard was left in the dark, and thus iWork and other apps cannot access iCloud even though it is technically possible. Wired has written about the dangers of "Erase My Mac/iPod" remotely and issues with MITM attacks - I would definitely not want my Mac computer to be reliant on iCloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, but don't store your sensitive content there. Consider other options like Mega (https://mega.co.nz/) for more secure storage.

iCloud review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"They brought the cloud mainstream, but is that enough"

What do you like best?

Thats its there. Its automatic backups seem to work great Also the amount of storage available is acceptable and useful.

What do you dislike?

Its pretty confusing for the average user. I still feel like I am trying to figure out if it backed stuff up or not. Its not the easiest to understand either from the get go you kind of have to trial and error, which is not comforting with my pictures albums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will eventually be the easiest to use, but there are plenty of other FREE options out there with 1000% more storage available(thats your cue Flickr).

iCloud review by Brittany H.
Brittany H.

"Great for accessing content, but a little confusing for first-timers"

What do you like best?

I can access my media anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I felt like there was a learning curve, and I still have to double check if something is really there or not, but it's still not too bad to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying it, testing it, but don't rely on it the first time you use it...i've accidentally deleted stuff I thought was on the iCloud just to discover it wasn't. So make sure you are comfortable with it. Take the time to get comfortable with it.

iCloud review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"A Great Concept, Syncing my Apple Content Across Devices"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I am able to buy something on iTunes, and have it show up on any iThing I own. As well as the cloud access.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could control certain things about the sync process, and further manage what shows up where. For example, my 4 year old at home has an iPad, and she downloads things from time to time. I can tell when she has been active within apps, because they show up on my iPad. It's cute, but a little annoying to have to clean up Princess dress up apps from my other iDevices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up and start syncing, it will make your life in the Apple Ecosystem better.

iCloud review by Josh Harcus I.
Josh Harcus I.

"Like it. iCloud could be better"

What do you like best?

I like that all my devices (ipad, mac, iphone) can be synced.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike. It does what it's supposed to.

Helps me keep track of my tasks by being able to sync all my devices.

iCloud review by User in Computer Software

"iCloud saves the day"

What do you like best?

Recently my wife and I went on a trip to Europe. We had just started watching the show "The Walking Dead" and wanted to watch some episodes at night while in Europe. We loaded my 16 GB iPad up with as many episodes as we could (which wasn't much), and ended up watching most of them on the plane ride over. When we got to Europe, we wanted to watch more episodes during down time, so we simple removed the old episodes from my iPad and downloaded new ones using iCloud over the hotel's wi-fi. Doesn't get much better or more convenient than that.

What do you dislike?

Limited to just 5 GB of free storage. Would be great to get more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and you get 5GB of space. Use it!

N/A

iCloud review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Apple iCloud Review"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of Apple iCloud, and the ability to share contacts, calendar, Notes, and photos across all my Apple devices.

What do you dislike?

Only works with Apple products. Would be useful to link other mobile device technologies

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for what it does. Not incredibly feature-rich, and not platform agnostic.

easy access to important, time-sensitive data

iCloud review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Syncing in the Cloud"

What do you like best?

That it puts a copy of my Photo Stream in a folder location on my computer for access at anytime. I like that all my devices are synced without much on my end.

What do you dislike?

It seems to not always connect right away and it was a pain in the beginning to get setup the way that I wanted. It also is a little sluggish when opening up the management console.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may not be what everyone needs. But if you want your pictures synced up with your PC, it works well for that.

iCloud review by Shyam K.
Shyam K.

"No more connecting your device to backup & sync"

What do you like best?

I love that I no longer have to worry about backing up my devices and that this happens automatically overnight. Should I ever lose my iPhone I know that all my contacts and msgs up to the last backup will still be there which is a massive bonus & plus point for me.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about iCloud. I rarely log in but I know when I do all my stuff will be there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you dont have it already

iCloud review by Callistus P.
Callistus P.

"If you have the money go for it"

What do you like best?

It backs up my phone automatically, allows me to sync my pics with my ipad

What do you dislike?

The pricing is too high, considering there are other options

Just wanted to backup my phone without having to do it manually

iCloud review by Marco S.
Marco S.

"iCloud makes too many assumptions"

What do you like best?

The best thing about iCloud is that all of your Apple Store purchases live there. Before iCloud I spent a lot of time (and worry) backing up and storing my iTunes content.

What do you dislike?

iCloud assumes everyone wants all their content on all their devices—which is odd, considering each device (MacBook, iPhone, iPad, in my case) has a distinct role in one's ecosystem-- even if it's all Apple. My main problem is that I have a HUGE music library and I have an ever-present max-out problem on each of my devices. I personally am most comfortable managing my content between devices manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch your presets.

iCloud review by Ruban K.
Ruban K.

"Another way of Syncing files"

What do you like best?

It can sync all your mails, contacts, calendars documents and other files on iCloud servers.

What do you dislike?

Apple should offer more Free storage (at least 100GB) since their hardware come up with 1TB hard drive at least. Increased storage will allow users to sync all their Mac files to iCloud

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's already there on your Mac with 5GB free storage.

iCloud review by Anthony d.
Anthony d.

"CLoud software from Apple that doesn't suck!"

What do you like best?

Everything stores on the cloud means its more secure than if it wasn't.

What do you dislike?

I generally don't like Apple software as it's very limited when I'm not on an apple device.

Backup of data

iCloud review by Charysse S.
Charysse S.

"Set up is not easy"

What do you like best?

My company gave out iPads and talked up iCloud. I've only used it to store my photos.

What do you dislike?

Initial set up is kinda tedious. Not entirely user friendly and the storage isn't all that large.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for Mac products I guess.

iCloud review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Full integration for Apple"

What do you like best?

a cloud service which is fully integrated into the Apple iOS providing cloud access to music, photos, calender, contacts and documents. Free 5GB worth of storage, with any purchases made from Apple (iTunes music, movies) and not counted towards this 5GB.

Should you ever misplace your device, you can also locate it from the iCloud, and manually delete all information should you need to.

What do you dislike?

fully integrated into the iOS which means its not available for non-apple devices. Its designed for consumers with a range of Apple devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can only be recommended for iOS users because other branded OS such as Android, Windows Phones etc can not utilise the storage and cloud services.

For anyone using an Apple then im sure you will be using this, especially for the automatic syncronisation across devices (as soon as you take a photo on an iPhone/iPad it can be automatically saved in the iCloud and instantly viewed across devices).

Pricing is very reasonable considering all music, videos and photos taken are stored in the iCloud outside of your free 5GB. If you need more than 5GB, for an additional £14 a year you can get +10GB, a reasonable fee compared to other cloud storages which offer higher monthly fees.

iCloud review by User

"I recently lost my phone and thankfully Apple iCloud helped back-up my photos and contacts. "

What do you like best?

It helps save photos, contacts and music through a back-up system. It's very secure and protected.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there's really anything to dislike about icloud.

I use iCloud for personal reasons, not business related.

iCloud review by Mitch M.
Mitch M.

"Apples Family Of Services Connected"

What do you like best?

It's free and connects all of my Apple products in real time: my calendar, contacts, notepad, reminders, and photos are the same on all of my devices. I also love the location finder incase I loose one of my devices.

What do you dislike?

No complaints

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really only get the full potential of this product if you have your phone, computer's, and tablet with iCloud enabled

iCloud review by Crystal V.
Crystal V.

"Life Saver"

What do you like best?

I like that Apple's iCloud is easily accessible everywhere and that it is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would have more options for more of Apple's platforms

Saving time and storing important information. Recovery is always definitely appreciated

iCloud review by Madhushi F.
Madhushi F.

"Storing of Data with iCloud"

What do you like best?

What I like is that it is good way by which you can share data automatically among all of your iOS devices without a hassle. and it also acts to store your music files etc.

What do you dislike?

It could be a little confusing to use initially, till you get used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

iCloud review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"I only had good experiences with this product. "

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use. It works everything.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't dislike so I don't have anything to add here.

It's for private use.

iCloud review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Great storage app for Apple Products"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can securely store all my photos and files from my ipad so I don't lose them. It's very easy to use .. Apple nailed it with this one.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have more storage space, especially with all of the pictures and videos I take.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you own any Apple product, this is a must. It's easy to set up and administer .. and it's free.

iCloud review by Sai K.
Sai K.

"If you have apple product you need to have icloud"

What do you like best?

It will back all my data on to the cloud all the time. It is very safe and secure. When I switch iDevices, I can access all my content from iCloud.

What do you dislike?

You can not access the content from desktop application or old mac books. This is real problem for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have idevices

iCloud review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Comforting backup"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to be concerned with backing up all of my information. I used to have an iphone that got dropped in water, and was toast. But having iCloud allowed it all to be backed up.

What do you dislike?

I switched to an Android after dropping the phone in water, but still have an iPad. Some of my information did not get transferred over, even though it's neither iPhone or iPad specific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall I think it's a great concept and easy to use, so I would definitely recommend making sure it's turned on for whatever Apple products you use that have it.

iCloud review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Simple, clean apple"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this is to use. Click a few things share via photo stream and done.

Want to make them public click click done. Great clean and easy

What do you dislike?

Its not multi platform. I know apple do this on purpose so we all by macs,

I wish I could get this on my PC

Recommendations to others considering the product

really great if you are an apple house

if not try dropbox

iCloud review by Oliver W.
Oliver W.

"Workds great with iOS devices. "

What do you like best?

Its great how it syncs with my existing Apple devices - and with iTune Match.

What do you dislike?

Support for other platforms and web access is weak, but there is a windows plug in.

It is a bit more expensive for the premuim offerign compared to rivals at $100 / year for 50Gb.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already an Apple user then this is the one for you.

iCloud includes access to all your iTunes purchases (and doesn't count them against your storage quota), iCloud is a no-brainer for anyone with an i-device or a Mac.

iCloud review by Steve K.
Steve K.

"Helpful but avoidable"

What do you like best?

I like how it works directly with apple and makes going from one product to another so easy.

What do you dislike?

It is very pricey it is only worth it if you have to use apple

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find other outside cloud companies. Usually cheaper and just as safe and usable.

iCloud review by David P.
David P.

"Guilty of preferring convenience! "

What do you like best?

For all the anti apple people out there I say this: If you simply want to be able to access your music and files from multiple devices regardless of where you are, the iCloud works. Period.

What do you dislike?

There are times that the support functions - if you need help reloading purchased items, etc are clunky and you end up reading more suggestions about "how to use help" than actually getting help. I wish there were a active chat feature with some real people at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If ease of use is your cup of tea then go for it.

iCloud review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great integration with Apple products "

What do you like best?

Great integration across Apple devices. Photo Stream is a savior and saves you the hassle of uploading new photos constantly. iMessage has been a dream of mine for many years that in cooperates your Mac.

What do you dislike?

Can be a pain to set up but once done right, you're golden.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None.

iCloud review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Efficient but effective?"

What do you like best?

The ease of set up and how easy the back up is once its installed correctly.

What do you dislike?

It seems to have issues around storage. Also I'm not sure the roll out was the best, do users really make the most of the services offered and are we really aware of them?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research to use to get the most out of the product

iCloud review by Christoph B.
Christoph B.

"A good start - but partly lacking in funcionality"

What do you like best?

If you live in the Apple world then iCloud perfectly syncs all devices. They also have a Windows plugin.

iTunes match is awesome!

What do you dislike?

Shared calendars lack functionality. Can't create them from the web interface.

No "Trash". If you delete a contact or calendar event its gone - and disappear from all your devices. re you kidding me?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the Apple Universe then this is clearly a must. I have not used Google (Mail/Calendar/etc.) but have heard many good things and would recommend to look at it otherwise.

iCloud review by Paul I.
Paul I.

"Only useful on an Apple device"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of it synchronising from my Apple devices.

What do you dislike?

The free space is low compared to other clients now. The ability to manage over the web is also poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really think about what you want to synchronise as you'll run out of space in no time at all.

iCloud review by Milan P.
Milan P.

"iCloud - the way forward?"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that my calendar, contacts, reminders and email automatically sync to all my iOS devices and OSX.

What do you dislike?

You only have 5GB worth of storage space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very handy - but not a must.

Learning about Apple iCloud?

* We monitor all Apple iCloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.