Apple iOS

An advanced mobile operating system. With its easy-to-use interface, amazing features, and rock solid stability, iOS is the foundation of iPhone. And even as others try to catch up, the technologies and features built into iOS keep iPhone years ahead.

Work for Apple iOS?

Learning about iOS?

Apple iOS Reviews

Showing 249 iOS reviews
iOS review by <span>Juan Camilo R.</span>
Juan Camilo R.

Best mobile OS when running latest hardware, beware of built-in obsolescence

What do you like best?

Fast (when using latest hardware), remarkably stable, top of the line as far as security, intuitive, very easy to use for tech savants and beginners alike. Compatible with mostly every software and device in the apple ecosystem.

Millions and millions of available apps to download or purchase.

Remarkably easy to install, update, backup, restore, format.

Great amount of quality of life features, great multitask performance, very good battery consumption.

Spectacular and fully featured calendar, tasks, notes, reminders suite with great business integration.

What do you dislike?

Planned obsolescence is scandalous, apple has been known and proven to decrease the performance of older devices on purpose causing the OS to run worse over time (once they consider the life cycle of your smartphone has ended).

Consider not upgrading the OS once your iPhone is getting left behind by multiple new models as long as you are already using a stable, fully featured version.

file format implementation is very poor, file types like FLAC, some types of compressed files and several others are absolutely not suported in the slightest.

File transfers between devices are absolutely archaic and tedious. Compatibility with non MAC/Apple devices/files/formats/apps ranges from very poor to nonexistant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider file type and software needs, and the limitations when working together with non Apple software and devices.

Apple iOS is exclusive but can be configured to fulfill several office needs spectacularly.

From imessage and facetime solving communications needs, to full business email integration, seamless calendar syncing with your company's calendar and a very robust security system, it can become a necessary evil.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apple iOS
iOS review by <span>Philip W.</span>
Philip W.

I switched from a droid to an iphone about 5 years ago, and I have NEVER looked back

What do you like best?

Apple makes products that stand the test of time and JUST WORK. I have never had to send in an iphone for an iOS defect and the iOS updates are fairly infrequent and easy to do and address issues well.

What do you dislike?

Not so much an iOS issue, but Apple needs to get off of the iTunes bandwagon and let the USER decide how he/she wants to deal with ALL files. Droid just plug it in and you can access all files including music to transfer, download, etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want the most stable iOS out there that is fast and really does a good job preventing any malware or other malevolent crapware from infecting your OS, than Apple iOS is for you

We use salesforce at my work and many of the employees use the mobile version on their iphones so as we expand our salesforce app, we keep in mind the Apple iOS users and plan accordingly

What Operating System solution do you use?

iOS review by <span>Jill S.</span>
Jill S.

Apple iOS - great for everyone

What do you like best?

We can do so many things on the Apple products. We do a lot of photo editing, emailing, creating our school yearbook. It's great for students to help use and create the yearbook. We can also upload photos using the app for our yearbook class. Students and parents throughout the school can submit photos.

What do you dislike?

Apples are easier to use and learn than Dells. Apple products are fabulous because they stand the test of time, however, I wish they weren't as spendy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier to use than other platforms.

Yearbook photos and editing are the primary use for Apple. Macs are great for photo editing. We can also upload photos using an app for our class. It's great to get more photos and allow all students to submit photos. They are more likely to purchase the yearbook to see their own photos in print. Selling more yearbooks means more revenue to help pay for the class and publication.

iOS review by <span>Simon P.</span>
Simon P.

Its intuitive, well designed and easy to use

What do you like best?

My wife is no computer wiz, however no training was required before she could start using iOS, its well designed and so intuitive, everything just makes sense and needs no training. We have a lot of equipment running iOS including MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMAC, iPAD Pro and iPhones, they are lovely devices to use and own. My children all have mac's switching from PC laptops to Air and Pro's.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, a lot of people grumble about apple prices, but quality is what you get in return, a lot of other vendors do not have the controls in place that apple does and as a result the security is weak and unlike apple the non-apple devices get slower over time. Apple equipment does not slow down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the difference in price you get so much more, the screen is larger, the design more elegant, its quieter and the reliability and performance is well worth the difference in price.

It's also great than you can have serval devices, mobile phone, tablet or desktop computer all running the same operating system and when you install a software product on one of the platforms, if it is available on the ot]her platforms it is also installed and ready for use.

The iMAC replaced my PC, when I purchased my PC I bought the best specification I could afford with two HD graphics cards and a high end i7, unfortunately after a few years the PC got slower and slower. I now have an iMAC i7 4Ghz and its amazing, the performance is fantastic. I use it for node.js development and its very stable.

iOS review by <span>Diogo R.</span>
Diogo R.

Just Works

What do you like best?

iOS is not the best in everything it does, neither are its competitors. The difference is that it's a stable, secure and privacy-oriented system. As I mentioned in the title, it just works. The fact that not every application gets to the Store means you have more confidence when choosing one. Over the time you'll get used to how it works. Updates are available for a couple of years, which is not necessarily true to Android which is depends on each hardware vendor.

Top features:

- Application integration when using other iOS / macOS, like Messages or Safari browsing

- User information like passwords, bookmarks, contacts and events are always in sync

- App Store full of applications, both free and paid

- Sharing data across a network

What do you dislike?

- One of the biggest drawbacks is the price. Outside USA the cost of purchasing is usually high as Telcos avoid contracts unless you're dealing as a company and not as a person.

- Because of it's stability, new features are sparse

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using macOS already, don't hesitate. Integration is perfect and it's a system you don't have to worry about anymore.

Something I found in Android using more than one cellphone was that I kept resetting it from time to time (yearly maybe) because it would start to get very slow. This does not happen on iOS and since updates are available for a couple of years, I had 2 phones: an iPhone 3G since it was released until iPhone 7 was released, when I changed again.

When using an Apple laptop for work, whether developing software or working on design/marketing, having an iOS device like a phone makes all just work when you're roaming or commuting.

iOS review by <span>Adrienn K.</span>
Adrienn K.

Latest version of Apple iPhone`s and IPad`s operation system

What do you like best?

It fixed the battery life of my phone, and also it got faster! I enjoy using IOS because it connects through the iCloud all me Apple device, which is very useful. Connectivity and compatibility with many other softwares I use, so I can continue my tasks on the go.

What do you dislike?

I cannot make secret folders, some of my colleaugues use Samsung 8 and their Android phone gives them much more freedom, sometimes I feel limited with my iPhone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IOS op system is very easy to use and connects instantly all your devices through iCloud. However, I feel like Android is improving much rapidly and offers more features lately, but I still wouldn`t change my iPhone.

I like that IOS makes it easy for me to connect all my devices that I use. Furthermore, to communicate through iMessages and FaceTime really makes my life much more practical, easier and cheaper. Very compatible with many programs I use usually on my computer, so when I am on the way I just continue editing or doing my tasks through my phone or ipad.

Learning about Apple iOS?

* We monitor all Apple iOS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.