Apple iOS

An advanced mobile operating system. With its easy-to-use interface, amazing features, and rock solid stability, iOS is the foundation of iPhone. And even as others try to catch up, the technologies and features built into iOS keep iPhone years ahead.

Work for Apple iOS?

Learning about iOS?

Apple iOS Reviews

Showing 251 iOS reviews
iOS review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"Best mobile OS when running latest hardware, beware of built-in obsolescence"

What do you like best?

Fast (when using latest hardware), remarkably stable, top of the line as far as security, intuitive, very easy to use for tech savants and beginners alike. Compatible with mostly every software and device in the apple ecosystem.

Millions and millions of available apps to download or purchase.

Remarkably easy to install, update, backup, restore, format.

Great amount of quality of life features, great multitask performance, very good battery consumption.

Spectacular and fully featured calendar, tasks, notes, reminders suite with great business integration.

What do you dislike?

Planned obsolescence is scandalous, apple has been known and proven to decrease the performance of older devices on purpose causing the OS to run worse over time (once they consider the life cycle of your smartphone has ended).

Consider not upgrading the OS once your iPhone is getting left behind by multiple new models as long as you are already using a stable, fully featured version.

file format implementation is very poor, file types like FLAC, some types of compressed files and several others are absolutely not suported in the slightest.

File transfers between devices are absolutely archaic and tedious. Compatibility with non MAC/Apple devices/files/formats/apps ranges from very poor to nonexistant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider file type and software needs, and the limitations when working together with non Apple software and devices.

Apple iOS is exclusive but can be configured to fulfill several office needs spectacularly.

From imessage and facetime solving communications needs, to full business email integration, seamless calendar syncing with your company's calendar and a very robust security system, it can become a necessary evil.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apple iOS
iOS review by Philip W.
Philip W.

"I switched from a droid to an iphone about 5 years ago, and I have NEVER looked back"

What do you like best?

Apple makes products that stand the test of time and JUST WORK. I have never had to send in an iphone for an iOS defect and the iOS updates are fairly infrequent and easy to do and address issues well.

What do you dislike?

Not so much an iOS issue, but Apple needs to get off of the iTunes bandwagon and let the USER decide how he/she wants to deal with ALL files. Droid just plug it in and you can access all files including music to transfer, download, etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want the most stable iOS out there that is fast and really does a good job preventing any malware or other malevolent crapware from infecting your OS, than Apple iOS is for you

We use salesforce at my work and many of the employees use the mobile version on their iphones so as we expand our salesforce app, we keep in mind the Apple iOS users and plan accordingly

What Operating System solution do you use?

iOS review by Jill S.
Jill S.

"Apple iOS - great for everyone"

What do you like best?

We can do so many things on the Apple products. We do a lot of photo editing, emailing, creating our school yearbook. It's great for students to help use and create the yearbook. We can also upload photos using the app for our yearbook class. Students and parents throughout the school can submit photos.

What do you dislike?

Apples are easier to use and learn than Dells. Apple products are fabulous because they stand the test of time, however, I wish they weren't as spendy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier to use than other platforms.

Yearbook photos and editing are the primary use for Apple. Macs are great for photo editing. We can also upload photos using an app for our class. It's great to get more photos and allow all students to submit photos. They are more likely to purchase the yearbook to see their own photos in print. Selling more yearbooks means more revenue to help pay for the class and publication.

iOS review by Simon P.
Simon P.

"Its intuitive, well designed and easy to use"

What do you like best?

My wife is no computer wiz, however no training was required before she could start using iOS, its well designed and so intuitive, everything just makes sense and needs no training. We have a lot of equipment running iOS including MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMAC, iPAD Pro and iPhones, they are lovely devices to use and own. My children all have mac's switching from PC laptops to Air and Pro's.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, a lot of people grumble about apple prices, but quality is what you get in return, a lot of other vendors do not have the controls in place that apple does and as a result the security is weak and unlike apple the non-apple devices get slower over time. Apple equipment does not slow down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the difference in price you get so much more, the screen is larger, the design more elegant, its quieter and the reliability and performance is well worth the difference in price.

It's also great than you can have serval devices, mobile phone, tablet or desktop computer all running the same operating system and when you install a software product on one of the platforms, if it is available on the ot]her platforms it is also installed and ready for use.

The iMAC replaced my PC, when I purchased my PC I bought the best specification I could afford with two HD graphics cards and a high end i7, unfortunately after a few years the PC got slower and slower. I now have an iMAC i7 4Ghz and its amazing, the performance is fantastic. I use it for node.js development and its very stable.

iOS review by Diogo R.
Diogo R.

"Just Works"

What do you like best?

iOS is not the best in everything it does, neither are its competitors. The difference is that it's a stable, secure and privacy-oriented system. As I mentioned in the title, it just works. The fact that not every application gets to the Store means you have more confidence when choosing one. Over the time you'll get used to how it works. Updates are available for a couple of years, which is not necessarily true to Android which is depends on each hardware vendor.

Top features:

- Application integration when using other iOS / macOS, like Messages or Safari browsing

- User information like passwords, bookmarks, contacts and events are always in sync

- App Store full of applications, both free and paid

- Sharing data across a network

What do you dislike?

- One of the biggest drawbacks is the price. Outside USA the cost of purchasing is usually high as Telcos avoid contracts unless you're dealing as a company and not as a person.

- Because of it's stability, new features are sparse

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using macOS already, don't hesitate. Integration is perfect and it's a system you don't have to worry about anymore.

Something I found in Android using more than one cellphone was that I kept resetting it from time to time (yearly maybe) because it would start to get very slow. This does not happen on iOS and since updates are available for a couple of years, I had 2 phones: an iPhone 3G since it was released until iPhone 7 was released, when I changed again.

When using an Apple laptop for work, whether developing software or working on design/marketing, having an iOS device like a phone makes all just work when you're roaming or commuting.

iOS review by Adrienn K.
Adrienn K.

"Latest version of Apple iPhone`s and IPad`s operation system "

What do you like best?

It fixed the battery life of my phone, and also it got faster! I enjoy using IOS because it connects through the iCloud all me Apple device, which is very useful. Connectivity and compatibility with many other softwares I use, so I can continue my tasks on the go.

What do you dislike?

I cannot make secret folders, some of my colleaugues use Samsung 8 and their Android phone gives them much more freedom, sometimes I feel limited with my iPhone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IOS op system is very easy to use and connects instantly all your devices through iCloud. However, I feel like Android is improving much rapidly and offers more features lately, but I still wouldn`t change my iPhone.

I like that IOS makes it easy for me to connect all my devices that I use. Furthermore, to communicate through iMessages and FaceTime really makes my life much more practical, easier and cheaper. Very compatible with many programs I use usually on my computer, so when I am on the way I just continue editing or doing my tasks through my phone or ipad.

iOS review by Amanda K.
Amanda K.

"It works great - so long as your device isn't too dated"

What do you like best?

My iPad just works. All of the commands are simple. You can tell they thought about the end-user and tried to make an operating system that is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't have as many controls as I would with an Android, simply because of the design of the hardware, which puts more strain on the iOS to do the heavy lifting (i.e., back button).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It depends on what you need... if you want something easy to use, iOS is great. Just like any operating system, it's not perfect. But this one is reliable and user-friendly. The only caution is with the hardware that comes with it; everything is a commodity item these days and this company has come under fire due to issues with lack of backwards compatibility.

I create and send my invoices and do my day-to-day accounting with iOS. It enables me to sign documents and invoices quickly. I can stay connected no matter where I am and I have a compact, personal computer that I take everywhere.

iOS review by Erick S.
Erick S.

"iOS is by far the friendliest mobile operating system out there."

What do you like best?

It's ease of use and user experience is untouched in the market. The way it's designed ensures even novice users understand how the operating system works.

What do you dislike?

Lacks customization. Unable to dictate where you want your homescreen icons to be. Features could be more quickly added by the Apple development team but typically wait a long time, only to be surpassed by other mobile operating systems in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple eco system locks you in as a result of diving into Apple solutions. They have done a good job, generally, to make all the various features work together.

Familiar and efficiently understand any iOS application because of the consistent design across the board.

iOS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"I can't imagine a better mobile iOS."

What do you like best?

iOS isn't perfect, but it's really darn good. Like all the best things, it's at once both simple and powerful. It's simple and intuitive enough that anyone can use it, but incredibly can be nearly infinitely customized by power users. Opening up Developer Kits and integrating more Apps into features like Siri has also made iOS increasingly powerful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the simplicity hides the features, and it's not always intuitive to figure out everything the OS can do. It's usually easy to find all of the things that iOS can do, but it sometimes takes a bit of searching. Siri is also still incredibly hit or miss, and generally less useful than I want it to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no other mobile OS that even comes close.

Mobile connectivity matters, and I still need to be able to do work when I'm not in front of my computer. iOS often does that in the least disruptive way possible--I can do more of what I normally do, and with less disruption.

iOS review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"My favorite OS"

What do you like best?

For me, the things that have always made Apple products and software appeal to me are precisely what make iOS 10 a wonderful OS. It's clean, intuitive, and fast. It easily fulfills all of my daily needs, business and otherwise, and it's reliable!

What do you dislike?

There are always features that I want, and sometimes I see things roll out first for Android or other OSes, but I'm rarely in a rush. I've never found that iOS has prevented me from accomplishing exactly what I need to accomplish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Apple makes wonderful products, and have been using them for 30 years. I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy by any means, but I have been convinced that Apple is a wonderful company that produces wonderful products. Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'll continue to believe iOS 10 is a wonderful operating system for personal and business use!

I want a clean, reliable interface with which I enjoy interacting. Knowing that I can expect my operating system to function quickly and reliably each day removes a significant worry from my daily life as a business owner!

iOS review by David M W.
David M W.

"The least productive version of iOS to date"

What do you like best?

I like the Apple ecosystem, and how I can use my App Store and iTunes items across my MacBook Pro, iPhone (with iOS 10) and iPad Pro.

Also, the Apple hardware is generally to a high standard.

One thing I very much like about iOS vs. Android is the guaranteed OS updates. You can have them for most any Apple device the day they come out, yet Android depends on the hardware manufacturer and the telco and you may never ever get an update for your device.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like losing the headphone jack on the iPhone 7 but this is about iOS 10 and that's not an iOS 10 problem.

However, in iOS 10 I am horrified by the damage Apple has done to notifications and to threaded email. Both of these are retrograde steps from iOS 9.

If you have a busy Skype or Slack conversation, your notification centre will just fill with messages to the point it is unusable.

The threaded email in iOS 10 is atrocious. It is counter-intuitive and it is unproductive. You don't know what message will open or which one you will reply to. It is horrendous. You need to go into Settings and turn on "most recent message at top" - not even sure why this is not the default, or even an option at all - and you may want to adjust other settings there. Apple has broken threaded email in iOS 10 and I am so disappointed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Why are you looking at an Apple product? This is an important question. If you are simply looking for a mobile device that supports email and web then maybe Android is a viable option. However, if you are seeking to run a specific app, leverage user experience, use a particular MDM, looking for a certain hardware build quality, or maybe even guarantee OS updates then iOS / Apple is likely right for you. However, I don't think people should just equate "tablets" with "iPads" and "smartphones" with "iPhones".

iOS 10 powers company mobile phones. We didn't really choose iOS 10 in itself, but it comes with the handset and we selected Apple largely based on the familiarity of our users to this OS as well as its consistency and simplicity (vs. many disparate Android versions for example).

iOS review by Sona P.
Sona P.

"Never had an Apple iPhone before, but the interface is very neat and easy to use."

What do you like best?

Even though my personal cell phone is not an Apple iPhone, I am able to use this new iPhone my company gave me and learn its features very easily.

What do you dislike?

I heard that storage space tends to be an issue, so I have not downloaded new applications yet since I get a lot of emails and have a lot of pictures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like a phone that is easy to learn how to use (cannot customize layout), and can allow you to share thoughts and items easily (FaceTime and iMessage) than the Apple iOS iPhone for employees is the best option. It will help keep employees in touch and will allow you to stop them from using it in a way that will deter away from company needs (ie. customizing it for personal needs).

FaceTime is very easy to use and can be used anywhere in order to do meetings and show others various things.

iOS review by Eddie S.
Eddie S.

"Clean looking and fast, but major battery drain"

What do you like best?

I really like that I've finally been able to get rid of the apps that I've never used, but come in the OS. Beyond that, iOS 10 is very fast, very easy to navigate and has integrated with everything I do at work very well.

What do you dislike?

The sheer speed at which my battery drains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience has been that iOS works better with handing off project between apps in iOS and Mac OS and with cloud-based software, like the Google Suite of products. There are days where I do almost half of my daily work communication, tasks/task management, etc. from my phone while on the move. I've not had near the experience with Android that I have with iOS. Support through Apple for it has vastly improved over the years, and iOS is increasing in compatibility with other software.

This has solved my problem of being mobile and needing to move between campuses, without being tied to my desk phone. It's also made it possible to work on projects I've started on other devices without having my computer around, which is a huge benefit.

iOS review by Nikki G.
Nikki G.

"Apple iOS is Good"

What do you like best?

I own an iPhone and an iPad, and iOs syncs my devices and keeps these devices operating. The operating system is pretty user-friendly, as many people nowadays have an Apple product.

What do you dislike?

There are a TON of updates! I almost can't keep up. I wish the software engineers could wait and group updates monthly or less often. I understand that technology is always changing and evolving, but it would be great to get updates less often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple iOS can be tricky to use at first, however after continued use, the user can get accustomed to the ins and outs of the operating system. It took me a couple of years to be adept, however with as many Apple users as there are in business and in the world, I feel it's a good idea to become acquainted with this product.

Linking up to my work email and server via my iPad is very convenient, especially remotely. I really feel I am connected to my job when I have access such as this.

iOS review by Colton L.
Colton L.

"I Love Apple iOS"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of Apple iOS. I currently use an iPhone, iPad, iMac, and a MacBook Pro and everything syncs up seamlessly!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about the software. However, if I had to choose something, I would say that the updates take forever and can sometimes brick your phone.

I have a huge client base that I have to communicate with on a daily basis as I am a technology specialist. I have realized that no matter what device I use, it makes it so much easier to stay connected as all my emails, messages, phone calls, and notifications go to all devices. Also, the layout of the software makes it super fast to find the things I need to stay connected with them. Also with the help of Siri, I can use the software hands-free which is a huge benefit for multitasking or for when I am driving.

iOS review by Kelly K.
Kelly K.

"Works well with current devices, but very buggy with previous gens"

What do you like best?

The user interface is extremely easy to use. I started using an iOS device for the compatibility with other Apple devices. The app handoff feature works really nicely, when it's working. The AirDrop feature is my favorite feature, it works seamlessly with my MacBook Pro

What do you dislike?

The iOS is very buggy with my iPhone 6+. The iOS is simply just optimized for the iPhone 7, and any bugs for previous models are not fixed effectively with each new release. My iPhone 6 has issues with randomly shutting off. I also have had issues with using the Message app. The landscape orientation doesn't keep the keyboard up, it switches to a feature in which you can draw a message. This makes it difficult to keep typing, and is extremely annoying since I previously used the landscape orientation while typing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want to keep paying for device upgrades, many of the older devices simply get phased out and updates only address issues with the current generation.

The iMessage is great for working with other iOS users, the instant messaging helps with not skipping a beat. I can begin an email then pick it up when I get back to my laptop. The AirDrop feature allows for easily sharing files, as well.

iOS review by Trisha B.
Trisha B.

"The only operating system I use"

What do you like best?

iOS is the most user friendly, readily accessible and easiest mobile operating system to personalize for consumer and business use. I love being able to make folders and choose how I can access what I need when I want it.

What do you dislike?

The only I thing I dislike is the bug issues that may come with new updates but there isn’t a software that doesn’t have bugs.

Payment systems and business apps ar a huge benefit to my business. It’s basically like having a personal assistant available in the palm of your hand.

iOS review by Tanya (Tatiana) G.
Tanya (Tatiana) G.

"Apple iOS 10"

What do you like best?

Synchronizing your devices is extremely convenient, I use my MacBook more often than any PC laptop that I have had before due to that particular feature. You can receive texts, calls, synch your pictures etc. New update brought a useful feature that I really enjoy - the option to quickly answer the text while you are using another app or even on a locked screen.

What do you dislike?

I do not quite like the iCloud subscription feature as I do not get the point of having more memory on your phone if you still have to buy additional iCloud storage. I was under the impression that since you invest in a more expensive version of an iPhone or MacBook with more GB memory, you would not need to buy even more storage. Even though that you do not have to purchase additional storage, both your phone and laptop will constantly remind you that you do not have enough iCloud storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely much more simpler than any other system that I have used before. There are some setbacks, however, the convenient way of accessing any information on any device is definitely worth it.

It provides a great way for your employees or colleagues to access the needed information on any device. Organizing your schedule and synchronizing it to your other devices as well as sharing this information with other users is quite beneficial as it allows me and my coworkers to coordinate our schedules.

iOS review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"Smooth and stable. Great Phone OS"

What do you like best?

The main winning point of iOS is the sandboxing. Some view it as a weakness I like to look at it as a strength. Sure sometimes you cant have some fucntionality that an android phone may have an app to do, and sure sometimes theres things that make it tempting to jailbreak - but the reality is stability is worth more than those things. Having a phone that runs smooth and doesnt crash constantly is the main selling point for me.

What do you dislike?

Notification center. I hate apple's notification center. It never comes up when you swipe up for it. its the worst.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. If you are coming from an android phone (or somehow a blackberry...its 2017 for goodness sake) just do it. the stability alone and the fact that you will be engaged with the most active and best app store in mobile make the switch more than worth it.

About 100 different things by proxy. iOS allows me to have countless apps used for business use. Seamless access to my enterprise accounts. Seamless handoff of skype for business. its all there as a method to continue to engage clients.

iOS review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Apple iOS"

What do you like best?

For the iPhone's I support they just work. May not have all the options of android but the hardware and software work well together since they were written for each other the phones and iPads just work with not many issues.

What do you dislike?

The newest update seems to have make some changes in how it operates that have not been received well by my users including me. I'm sure they will get the bugs out or as we upgrade that problems will go away be default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a corporate device that does what is says it will do then this is it. Also good for less technical users.

We use them for our Sales and Managers. They use their iPhone and iPads for work accessing company information. They are their portable windows into our system when on the road.

"One of my favorites "

What do you like best?

I've used an iphone for years, and I love how easy it is to customize phone settings and how easily (most) apps integrate into the iOS. I always really like that it's easy to backup settings and restore them on a device, so whenever I upgrade phones, I just hop from one to the other with very little disruption. Learning the OS was very quick and easy - most things are very intuitive. Whenever I was unsure of something, it was usually pretty easy to google and find apple forums where people had already answered the question. I like the variety of apps available on the app store, and a lot of my company's tools are made for iOS first (or have a bigger app team).

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about iOS for my company phone. Perhaps hardware/storage, but that is not an OS issue. Maybe sometimes the Microsoft and Google integrations aren't as smooth as I'd wish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use, especially for basic phone functions (calls, text, check email). I do wish there was a little more integration with the Microsoft apps

It takes place of having to forward alerts to my personal phone. Now we are able to share a phone for on-call duties and hotspot directly from wherever we are.

iOS review by Allie G.
Allie G.

"Fantastic operating system for fantastic products"

What do you like best?

The capabilities of the operating system is amazing. Along with an easy interface, there are so many programs that are available for iOS, some of which are very exclusive to just Apple products. Apple iOS is truly on the forefront.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it is to search the entire computer for a program or file. Windows makes it very easy to find all files, but Apple has many hidden. I also dislike how difficult it is to open a file from an Apple on a non-apple device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ditch windows and just get comfortable with Apple iOS. You'll get over the differences and be really happy once you made the switch.

I'm solving every day usage problems. Benefits have been a virtually virus immune OS, the most up to date technology, and an ever growing and improving OS.

iOS review by Jordan G.
Jordan G.

"It's Apple... It's nearly flawless, almost. "

What do you like best?

Navigating any Apple product is a seamless process. It is irresistible even thought it is so expensive.

What do you dislike?

iOS updates are catered to the newer devices and are sometimes impossible to install successfully on older models. This forces the buyer to upgrade their device--and also needing to upgrade every charging cable, etc. that changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful about what you're getting in to. It's impossible to stop using iOS and Apple products since they are so easy to use. But they are pricey!

Working with Apple and iOS has been a critical piece of organization for me and my colleagues.

iOS review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Apple brings it all to one platform "

What do you like best?

The iOS makes it easy to use wether you are a beginner or you know your stuff. It integrates in among a few products so that you can start on one and finish on another. You can export to other platforms easily so it works well with other per say.

What do you dislike?

It's locked down and applications that would be free ok most platforms are not free on this. You have to get approval for everything. But I guess that's why they have a higher success rate in apps and programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to be using one program across all devices and control it business one one hand this is the place to start. Their customer support is amazing too

Keeping employees connected. Seeing who read things or being able to control a simple group text is so much better. On screen notifications allow you to stay on top of things. Also reminders that are location based is amazing.

iOS review by Timothy R.
Timothy R.

"The Best Mobile Operating System"

What do you like best?

The system is intuitive, most of the functions you'd want are clearly integrated, the interface is clean and the system is very responsive. I would be very unlikely to switch because of iOS's unsurpassed integration with the rest of Apple's ecosystem -- when you use iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS together, you get a system that, to use the oft applied phrase, "just works" and comes as close as anyone has achieved to having information flow frictionlessly from device to device. iOS 10 looks like it will further improve this.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a normal file system continues to feel like a hindrance and the system's aggressive ending of background tests sometimes gets in the way of accessories like a fitness tracker (e.g. Fitbit or Jawbone) or driving tracker (Automatic). It would also be nice if iOS devices were finally true peers to desktops, rather than still pairing to one particular PC or Mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iOS continues to be better sorted and more tightly secured than Android. I appreciate iOS's end-to-end encryption and Apple's commitment to a tight ecosystem between iOS and macOS.

I use iOS for all of my mobile communications, even things like light usage of Microsoft Office. iMessage also helps as a fast, secure and free way to communicate rapidly with colleagues.

iOS review by Justin G.
Justin G.

"The most elegant mobile operating system available!"

What do you like best?

iOS 10 allows the user to unlock the full power of an iPhone and/or iPad. It has a beautiful interface that is crisp, with lovely colors and design. There are so many native features that make iOS 10 desirable. In addition to the native apps, Apple gives application developers access to iOS 10 features to help streamline the design process.

What do you dislike?

iOS can become slow if too many apps are open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Turn on automatic updates on your iPhone and/iPad.

Collaboration among research group members via conference calls, FaceTime, etc.

iOS review by Santanu C.
Santanu C.

"Smooth operating system- very easy to use"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive. Doesn't crash. Feature rich and highly secure. The closing of App and Screens are really easy - just swipe up. Battery usage is minimal and the device runs longer with a single charging. Wi-Fi capturing in a public place is excellent.

What do you dislike?

During video call or excessive internet usage (like watching movies), the devices heats up and becomes difficult to be held with your hand. Multiple screens is still not there. Muti-tasking still not up the mark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent OS. Runs equally smoothly on iPhones and iPADs. Most of the business these days are having their applications bulit on IOS. You will get more apps in the market place which are IOS based.

New Applications based on IOS to run business better and faster. The IOS applications are easy to maintain and doesn't crash that often. The IOS devices like iPADs, iphones are really excellent and state of the art.

iOS review by Colleen G.
Colleen G.

"iOS is wonderful "

What do you like best?

Hand off ability. I like that I can do things on my iPhone, iPad, and iMac all and just pick up same task on any. I love being able to answer a text or even a call from my iMac

What do you dislike?

There seems to be an assumption that everyone just knows how to use the features - but that is not the case. I'd love to have more instructions or tutorials available right on the device itself

As stated above, being able to hand off something I started on my phone on my desktop or my iPad is great

iOS review by Evan T.
Evan T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. This product can be used by anyone regardless of technical ability. The interface is very user friendly! Lots of apps to download and use on your device. If you have multiple devices using Ios they will "talk" to each other and you can use apps on all devices (iPad, iPhone, apple computer, etc.).

What do you dislike?

When using Apple and Android, it is difficult to switch between because the user interfaces are not similar. You can not customize the user interface in iOS. Apps are not compatible between Android and iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its very easy to use if you have apple products. If you have multiple platforms it is not easy to use.

Ease of use for all employees. App is compatible with apple products.

iOS review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Apple iOS"

What do you like best?

I love that iOS is so clean and easy to use. Intuitive would be a great word to describe the functionality as one with no experience would be able to navigate it without issue. I appreciate the handoff and interoperability between iOS and macOS.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was some room for more customization of the UI. But overall, the product works for what I need it for!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd like an operating system that works right out of the box, has a plethora of functionality and apps, this is the mobile OS to go with.

I rely heavily on the notifications and accessibility that iOS gives. With a huge app store, there truly is an app for that. As a network/systems administrator, it's imperative that I have visibility into my network to confirm that services are up and functional at all times. And if they aren't, I need to be notified that they are down and be able to troubleshoot and fix. iOS gives that ability while running on a small form factor. Very mobile.

iOS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"IOS 10.2"

What do you like best?

The best part of IOS 10.2 is the ease of use and the beautiful design. The millions of apps available in the app store cover almost every need

What do you dislike?

I have noticed some bugs going on with different apps. Some can cause issues with the power management on the device. I know there is a repair program for the 6S. But with people who install multiple apps or use a lot of social apps. Over time the battery life can decrease drastically even without the use of the battery being extensive. It requires an erase and reinstall. If you restore from the backup it will move the power management issue back over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more apple products you use the easier it is to implement and the better results you will see.

I have seen MDM solutions with this device. On the go "mobile" solutions as well. That may be quite obvious since it is a mobile platform. Anywhere from email, to security.

iOS review by Chirag S.
Chirag S.

"Apple iOS is the perfect OS for your smartphone"

What do you like best?

Fast compared to all the other competitors in the market.

Easy app development.

Efficient battery and RAM management. No need for killing all the background apps as the OS efficiently manages it for you.

3D Touch

What do you dislike?

No ability to lock apps. e.g Photos app should have a separate lock or a security layer.

No customizations. Notifications in notifications bar should be grouped based on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best OS for the smartphone. No clutter. Efficient RAM and battery management. Siri is great. 3D touch offers options to interact with the app without even opening the app. Plus the OS updates support most of the older devices.

App development is easier. Its easy to get the app on app store and get the app released

iOS review by User

"Apple iOS operating system across MacBook Pro, iPhone, and iPad"

What do you like best?

The tech of Apple iOS and Apple products is superior to Microsoft and other operating systems in my opinion. All Apple products seamlessly integrate with one another, which is a feature I use quite often. I have my iMessage, iBooks, internet account passwords, Music, etc. linked across all my devices, and it makes things a lot easier. The quality and dependability of all of these features is also superior to other operating systems.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that Apple products, especially phones and tablets, slow down when you upgrade them. I take very good care of my products and am only interested in upgrading to a new phone if a newer version offers benefits that are important to me. I do not want to be forced to upgrade because of an update making my phone not work. In this same vein, I do not like that I can't use certain apps with certain updates. If my phone gets "too old," I have to buy a new one to be able to use all available apps. There should at least be an option to update apps to the newest version that is compatible with your device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use any Apple products, I definitely recommend Apple iOS because the integration and tech across all platforms is superior to Windows and other operating systems.

I use a MacBook for all of my day to day office tasks i.e. emailing, coding, keeping track of a calendar. Because all of my devices sync with each other and they never crash or get viruses, it makes my day to day tasks a lot easier to perform.

iOS review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Really seamless, plug and play use!"

What do you like best?

I have been using Apple products since 2007, over a decade, and I will never go back - I love how all of my devices are connected with each other on the same operating system, and how that iOS has a lot of new updates

What do you dislike?

I think that iOS could be more specific when they have updates - about what the new features are - so many times I feel like I have all of these features at my fingertips, but I don't know what they are!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the money you'd pay in multiple PC computers to get this from the get-go.

I have realized many benefits and solved many business issues - all of the Apps I can utilize on my iPhone that translate to my Apple watch. I love the Messages integration for my MacBook Air/Apple Watch/iPhone so that I don't have to look at multiple devices during my meetings/work activities. Additionally, we have used the "Find my iPhone" feature to recover quite a few employees' computers who were stolen.

iOS review by Sirron C.
Sirron C.

"Avid user of Apple iOS for business, creative and personal use"

What do you like best?

I love the design first. I like the ease of use and the variety of apps. I can go from reviewing client materials, to sending my creative team something really random, and at the end of the work day, listening to meditations on the commute home.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of data programs offered by my wireless service provider. And the price of the phone. I understand that I could have made a better choice in maximum data but I've been with the same company for so long and there were no loyalty offers available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get one!

You won't be disappointed.

The major business problem is the creative turnover rate. I am able to ease the minds of small business owners who need at least one problem to think about. I realize the benefit of tracking my influence.

iOS review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Truly Simple"

What do you like best?

The easy adaptability of use even with new users.

What do you dislike?

I understand why it is the way it is but the icloud integration with everything could use some work in terms of UX

Recommendations to others considering the product

Accessibility and simple UI makes it easy for even new users to use. It is useful to have a standard UI especially when you need to guide people over the phone how to use it.

As an IT professional, the universality of iOS between each generational device is beneficial compared to Android devices which typically have different interfaces but this is by nature as android is deployed by multiple manufacturers vs iOS which is ran solely by Apple.

iOS review by Caitlin B.
Caitlin B.

"Apple iOS"

What do you like best?

Not very impressed with Apple. The graphics are great, and it's relatively straightforward to use.

What do you dislike?

I grew up with windows, and converting to Apple has been difficult for me. I don't like having to use the command button instead of control, and the organization of everything is super confusing.

It is easy that all of my colleagues also use Apple. It works well with our analysis software, especially because it uses a lot of memory.

iOS review by Consultant

"Rachelle's IOS review"

What do you like best?

IOS is a great platform. I like it better than Windows. It simple to navigate. I can very easily delete and recover apps, update my system and since everything is so centrally located I can always adjust any setting needed.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the age of device the updates commence at a certain point. So, uploading videos on YouTube can be challenging.

On my IPad I can have various apps to create designs, communicate with clients and check email. I don't have to worry about just using my Android because iOS has everything in one place for convenience. So, instead I can grab files or read books easily pertaining to health whenever I want or need.

iOS review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Mildly Annoying but Simple Interface"

What do you like best?

It is simple and quick and functions well enough.

What do you dislike?

Siri is a JOKE. I wish I could use this feature for more than opening apps or setting alarms. There is stark annoyance with the fact that Bing is the default search engine and Safari is the default browser. Apple needs to realize that its users are not all over the moon about every single Apple owned and operated product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's clean and simple. There are always improvements in battery life and glitching that could improve the OS as a whole. I am able to complete many things on the go using this OS and have continued to be impressed by the way it has evolved. There are aspects of the OS that need work or I am not using and wish I could hide. Functionality is key and this OS operates well on newer devices. I have found that older devices are sluggish the further back you go.

I use this for communication with clients primarily, it is excellent to have access to many platforms at once for this purpose.

iOS review by Administrator

"Great OS"

What do you like best?

Apple iOS is straightforward and easy to use. When you don't need to spend a lot of time teaching someone how to use an operating system, you can focus on more important training needs. Apple is always on top of releasing updates to fix bugs and advance efficiency. Apple releases quality software updates that are free for all users, unlike Windows. Apple also has fantastic customer service that is always willing to go above and beyond.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, there are many more programs that are compatible with Windows than Apple. A company may be limited to programs they are able to use. When sending files from an Apple sender to a Windows receiver, one may run into issues. For example, exporting a Pages document from Apple as a Word document may cause issues with formatting and look unpleasant and unprofessional for those attempting to open the document on a Windows computer. There are ways to combat this, however, it can be tricky at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple is high quality, extremely straightforward and easy to use. Support is fantastic and you will not run into as many problems as a Windows user. I know this from experience.

Not everyone is going to be technologically savvy, and it's best to opt for systems and programs that are easy to use.

iOS review by Paige M.
Paige M.

"Love/Hate Relationship with IOS"

What do you like best?

IOS is a visually stunning program and (most of the time) an easy to use interface. The ability with smartphones to pick and choose your apps is so freeing and the vast variety of applications is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

I don't particularly love the constant updates to the phone. I feel like I am updating my Iphone every week and with every large update I am having to completely relearn the device. I love the fact that Apple constantly improves their product but the large content drop is often frustrating and confusing when I have to take time to figure out how to use the new updates and reestablish my "routine" on the device at least every 3 months.

I can multi-task with ease, check email, social media, take photos, make phone calls, and more all in one place at a fast pace. I can also do all this on the run. I am so happy to be past the days of lugging around a laptop bag to complete my work outside the office.

iOS review by Cory S.
Cory S.

"Apple iOS - Earning Its Spot in the Enterprise"

What do you like best?

Its ability to integrate with Exchange seamlessly and install our certificates with ease. OS is also very secure and easy to use. iOS also benefits from Apple Configurator and iTunes to scale well and allow the enterprise to deploy several like devices very efficiently. For our users, the software is incredibly simple to use and learn if they haven't learned how already.

What do you dislike?

Day-to-day Help Desk support for iOS devices is still very limited as Apple does not release its APIs to just any developer. For example: Live remote viewing/remote controlling of a device using our MDM solution is not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend to any mobile device administrator that they pair any iOS device deployment with an Apple Mac computer and Apple Configurator software for ease of deployment. It allows you to snapshot a configuration of one device and apply it to the rest of your devices that you deploy.

We have increased employee engagement by introducing an OS and device combination that our users have used at home for many years now. Employees no longer have to delve into a different OS ecosystem to perform simple tasks on the go.

iOS review by Jacklyn W.
Jacklyn W.

"Long-term iPhone user"

What do you like best?

I like how user-friendly the OS is. Siri is fast and handy when one needs to pull up information. Once I found a lost phone, asked Siri "Who does this phone belong to?" and got the owner information instantly. As a result, I was able to return the phone to the owner. Other thing I like about iOS is how it almost flawlessly works with my Macbook. It is easy to transfer and exchange information from device to device. Further, iMessage/texting is made available both on the phone and laptop, so one need not pull out the phone to reply to text messages.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I have with iOS is the system hangs every now and then. This is a annoying especially when one is in the middle of research or a game. Also, while there are many apps for use, they also drain the battery quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll find it more useful if you also use other Apple products, such as Macbook or iPad. Apple iOS works nicely across different devices.

Communication between colleagues - texts, emails etc.

Benefits: compatibility and ease of retrieving information through Siri.

iOS review by Aryan B.
Aryan B.

"A lot of small features"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of small features in iOS 9. One of them is back to app you come from. I think this is most useful feature added to iOS in iOS 9. It will have a lot of side effect like better UX and even it make home button work for long time, because user could use back button instead double tap home button to switch app.

What do you dislike?

Siri suggestion not work good. Actually I don't think it even work. Just like old iOS spotlight not work well too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iOS is most fluent and useful mobile OS I've ever test. So I think there is no need to blow it up by jailbreaking. By the way, if your not iOS developer and you what do a lot of geeky things like customizing OS do not use iOS, just use Android.

Apple pay is most important business problem I've solve with iOS 9. Apple pay and wallet both are useful and safe.

iOS review by Johnny H.
Johnny H.

"Terrible Experience for Developers"

What do you like best?

iOS is smooth, elegant, and easy for users. The system just feels more solid and reliable than alternatives, such as Android.

What do you dislike?

Apple's takes Microsoft's place as leader in frustration for developers and, in true Apple fashion, charges the developer for even the most minimal usage. Unlike Google's app store, which allows developers to post their apps for free, Apple charges $99 per year for developer services such as the iOS store. Many iOS developers never profit from their apps enough to even pay back the $99 fee. It gets worse - Apple takes a 30% cut of all revenue, whether from app sales or in-app purchases.

While the financial details are upsetting, what I take issue with most is Apple's disinterest in making iOS a decent environment for web/cross-platform developers. Just as Microsoft in the days of "old IE", Apple's browser technology support is generally stagnant. In my most recent project, I encountered a hardly explainable bug and had to rework a lot of my logic to work for iOS, as it lacks webm video and WebRTC support, though, this complaint is only scratching the surface of what Apple is lacking that other vendors have implemented. Another huge frustration, especially considering the $99 yearly fee, is that Apple's application build tool, Xcode, is only available on Mac computers, so ubuntu developers have to switch machines to compile their apps for iOS.

My last major complaint is with the app publishing process. Apple requires that submitted applications be reviewed by their staff before being made live on the iOS store. This process generally takes a week. If a major bug is discovered, even in the best case scenario that the bug is fixed and a new version is submitted that day, the application could be in an unusable state for a week waiting on the Apple review. While we hope there would not be any such devastating bug, it is very unsettling to consider the possibility.

If I were able to publish for Android rather than iOS, I would choose Android, hands down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe Apple is unethical and inconsiderate. Google has done a great deal to help the developer and technology community advance. I would develop for Android and Google platforms rather than Apple/iOS.

We have a cross-platform application available on the web and iOS. Perhaps due to my serious dissatisfaction with iOS's developer experience, not one benefit of the platform comes to my mind.

iOS review by Roberto O.
Roberto O.

"A new flavour for iOS"

What do you like best?

The thing I personally like the most is the care Apple puts in reviewing and selecting apps: being in a team with various iOS developers, I can see the pain when they submit an app for the review. This process can take weeks and you have to give the best in order to have your app on the store. This lets every user enjoy the best possible products: it's not a perfect process, but at least it clearly shows a care for the user experience that you cannot find everywhere.

What do you dislike?

The simplicity of the system is brought to the extreme, sometimes at the point that some advanced features are hard to find and achieve, if not impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iOS is a great system for everyone, though I would suggest it more to users that haven't yet made the first step toward the world of mobile devices: iOS is easy to use, it's simple and reliable but, if you come from some other platforms, you might find it a little bit too simplified. As an example, if you find yourself comfortable with Android sharing mechanism, you would find yourself surprised in finding that on iOS this tools is not at the same level, where you still need for everyone to catch up before reaching the same proficiency. After all, I would still suggest to everyone to try it: it is a great system and it would be a very good tool for a every day using.

I use it on my daily tablet: usually I answer to emails, check-out commits so that I can review them, schedule meetings or take notes. iOS is a great system for a daily use, I would gladly suggest to try it at least once.

iOS review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Awesome and Almost Seems to Run Itself"

What do you like best?

I love the reliability and speed of Apple iOS!! I wish I had made the switch a loooong time ago! I could have avoided so many headaches. Apple has really put so much thought into iOS and its functionality is amazing. I love the security and efficiency as well! I love how nicely the internet and apps work with this system as well and does not freeze. I was surprised at how much better this is than what i had previously.

What do you dislike?

At first it was an adjustment getting used to iOS but after a month (maybe less) I was zooming around like a pro! In fact, when I have to use something other than iOS, I find myself frustrated very quickly because I have been spoiled with iOS. I really haven't had a complaint since...I know what is was once like on the "other side"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate...make the switch and try to avoid the naysayers. I am not a huge fan of change but realized I was losing money on my former system. One I made the switch and took a week or so to get the hang of slight operating differences I was amazed at how quickly my productivity increased and my stress level (from technical issues) was way down. I can't hurt to give it a shot!

Efficiency and productivity increased. iOS across many platforms allows for flexibility without giving up top of the line performance. I love the security of iOS as well and feel more secure than if I were using something else. No need to take on the task and stress of learning new programs because surprisingly familiar. I am able to tackle multiple projects at once all while staying organized and my projects segregated without ever putting my phone/ipad down...maybe that isn't always a good thing :)

iOS review by Brock N.
Brock N.

"Apple Review"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to use. Someone who has no previous knowledge about the product and software would be able to pick it up and start using it without any issues.

What do you dislike?

I dont like some of the new features that were added with the new update. For example, the lock screen used to be much smoother and easier to use, but it has been changed for the worse with the new update.

This product has made communicating with my colleagues at work and school much easier. I have all my emails and work with me right in my hands at any time.

iOS review by User in Higher Education

"iOS for bioinformatics research"

What do you like best?

I have been using Apple iOS since 2010. It is the most convenient operating system from all that I have used (Windows and Linux). I have it on my MacBook Pro and iMac, and both are used by me to conduct bioinformatics analysis of medical data. IIt comes with pre installed Java and C, and I never have a problem to install other languages such as Python, R, Octave, and all the necessary tools like R-Studio, and Spyder. It has terminal through which I can install all the packages I need (just like in Linux) and ssh to my cluster to run the analysis.

It is very easy to get used: I switched to iOS after Windows and I felt fluent in iOS in a few days.

What do you dislike?

The main issue is that some software doesn't have an installation version for iOS. But lately, it became a lesser issue since all the newest programs have a working iOS version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Apple iOS for the programming and data analysis in biomedical field

I use to conduct a bioinformatics analysis of the medical datasets. It is very similar to Linux environment, which is a working environment for my computational cluster but comes in a much nicer wrapper.

iOS review by Chaya F.
Chaya F.

"great software"

What do you like best?

Revamped Messages app with stickers and effects and third-party app integrations. New visual style across iOS and first-party apps. Improved widgets. Interactive and actionable notifications. Improved Music app. Improvements to the mobile photo experience. Siri now works with some apps. Finally, you can delete Apple's built-in apps.

What do you dislike?

Several features require newer devices. Occasionally cluttered design. Predictive text features need work. Hands-free Siri still requires external power.

iOS 10 introduces style and usability tweaks to key parts of Apple's mobile operating system, and relaunches the Messages app as a new platform and ecosystem for stickers and integrated apps.

iOS review by Jim M.
Jim M.

"Apple IOS is a solid choice"

What do you like best?

Apple's iOS is a very stable and secure mobile OS. Apple is known for this OS which is constantly under development with new feature being rolled out constantly.

What do you dislike?

Apple's adoption of new features can sometimes seem a bit slow in comparison to other OSs. Also because the OS is locked to just hardware available to Apple it limits choice of hardware

Recommendations to others considering the product

Device costs are quite high. Also the product is difficult to repair.

Apple's dominance in the market makes it a popular choice for users and that also means software developers usually develop for this platform first. The OS is easy to use and requires little training for the users to effectively use the product.

iOS review by User in Internet

"Applie iOS review"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of Apple iOS. I am not one who is particularly "tech-savvy" and I still have a lot to learn about computer software. Apple iOS provides convenience, quality, and the ability to update your computer to the newest and fastest softwares with the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

As I said before, I am not very tech-savvy, and sometime I fail to update my computer when it is clear I need to. In some instances with other programs such as Microsoft, my lack of updating has caused my computer to freeze up. Other than that, things have been smooth sailing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple iOS not only gives you everything you need, but also comes with a system of trusted technical support to help you with anything that may come up in the future.

I have realized the benefits of convenience, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to update my computer with ease.

iOS review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"I love IOS and use it everyday."

What do you like best?

I like how intuitive IOS is. I like the ecosystem that comes along with using apple products.

What do you dislike?

I wish sometimes that it wasn't so restrictive. I understand that if Apple opens it up more, then it leads to security threats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your going to switch over to IOS and you have purchased apps from another platform. I would recommend contacting the developer and see if you can get a discounted price on their applications.

I use IOS to remote into my computers on a daily bases.

iOS review by Pinar M.
Pinar M.

"Apples system keeps working for you "

What do you like best?

A system that just works. I have less issues and more solutions at my finger tips. Products that work with each other seem less ly. The system provides a solid structure for work to get done.

What do you dislike?

Some applications available on other systems are not available to Apple or are cheaper. Makes it hard to sell the system when it doesn't work for their needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great business connectivity and alllicatiosn AT&T provide a strong structure.

Since products are connected with each other such as phone and tablet you can pick up and keep going without showing delay to the customer. Also all products get updated with the same software so it's mirrors images.

iOS review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Love Apple and will never go back"

What do you like best?

Apple is truly one of the best companies out there and iOS is just another example. Whether your iPhone is the newest or a couple years old the iOS is continually updated and constantly changing to meet costumer demands.

What do you dislike?

With Newer updates of iOS the features tend to get better needing more space to run them. This eventually means you need a new phone to experience all that it has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchase Apple. They are incredibly reliable and if you do happen to have a problem they have great with customer service.

Working in a church it becomes important that your phone be reliable for check in programs and updating contact information. With each new iOS updates the convince and ease of using enhances.

iOS review by User in Information Technology and Services

"New iPad gestures are confusing and difficult to use"

What do you like best?

I like the speed of the os and the ability to store files locally now. The built in utilities make it easy to complete common tasks

What do you dislike?

The replacement of all fo the know gestures on iPad are very disruptive, and often unusable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Upgrade on iPhone devices is easy and has no major UI changes, if doing so on an iPad, be aware that all of the UI gestures are new and inconsistant with what users are used to

Mobile apple os for business users that need a consistant mobile OS

iOS review by Andy P.
Andy P.

"Secure, Intuitive, and Powerful"

What do you like best?

No need to train users, very intuitive interface. Secure device, access to Exchange and line of business apps also make the device ideal.

Management tools (available using MobileIron) are excellent.

What do you dislike?

Lack of enterprise controls on upgrades (i.e. users being prompted to upgrade within 2/3 weeks of OS release when not necessarily all their applications have been appropriately tested).

Price

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mobile Device Management systems (like InTune or MobileIron) will allow you to switch off many of the features that make Apple devices attractive to end-users. if you're going to switch off things like the App Store, or if you're going to insist on "Business-only" usage then my advice would be to no give users Apple - they are expensive and if you start switching things off the users will end up disappointed.

However if you decide (for example) to not allow the iOS devices on your network (no VPN) and to containerise business Applications and email on the device but otherwise leave it open then it's probably the right device for your business.

Collaboration on the move

Access to business resources (i.e. email)

Remove approval for purchasing/ holidays/ etc

Desire from the business for iOS devices (reducing proliferation of non-approved devices)

iOS review by Madison H.
Madison H.

"ecommerce intern"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the similarity that flows between medias of phone and PC. The ease of use helps to continue the support of this product

What do you dislike?

The numerous bugs that need continuous updates makes it hard when you need to restart

This helps with completing everyday tasks that help to push the business forward.

"UX best defined"

What do you like best?

Despite its limitations iOS is probably the best operating system with the highest adaption rate - especially for older people. The UI is clean and structured and follows a quite unique navigation and user experience within.

What do you dislike?

Since a few major update iOS is getting worse in good UX. Unfortunately, Apple somehow could not keep to their own standards. The flat UI for example is a major change, some people like it, others don't since it is a big change comparing to older iOS (6). I can understand the issues and wish some changes would not be so drastically. Especially older people cannot easily understand those. Another dislike might be that you have to jailbreak your device if you want to use it in extended advanced way. This could have been done easier (e.g. supported directly by Apple).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you consider to buy a touchscreen featured device, also consider other operating systems and company solutions (e.g. Android). Do not go blinded by brand selection for your solution. I finally decided to go for an Android device also this is a bit of a migration to do, but to me it was worth it. This is somehow a matter of price and personal interest. Nowadays the gap between the systems and devices is not as big as it used to be in early times of smartphones and tablets.

I am a long time user of iOS devices, both iPad and iPhone and even started with an iPod Touch. I always liked the simplicity of the devices and their operating system, because it is easy to use for any purpose. Mostly I use it for messaging, games and music rather than telephone calls.

iOS review by Landon D.
Landon D.

"iOS and the Apple ecosystem work together to make life easier."

What do you like best?

Aside from having a robust app store, iOS has plenty of built-in Apple apps to make things easier. I've tried a number of different 3rd party applications, and few of them can compete with Mail, Calendar, Messages, etc.

What do you dislike?

iOS is very much a 'what you see is what you get' operating system. There are very few customization options which can be a drag. I would like to see 'dark mode' options at a minimum, but there are a number of additional improvements which would make the overall experience better (push for non-exchange accounts, option for no animations, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I made the switch from Android to iOS three years ago and I have not regretted it once.

I use my iOS devices for email, research, Salesforce, etc.

iOS review by User in Higher Education

"I don't know how people use androids."

What do you like best?

As with all Apple products, ease of use! The iPhone, as witnessed by nearly everyone I work with, my students, friends, family, and even on TV, is the industry standard for the BEST smartphone. OS 9.3.1 is fantastic, everything has more features, but it's still super easy to use. (My mother even has an iPhone and she's well into her 60's!) I love all the features -- especially being able to sync with all my devices, and Do Not Disturb, and the newer screen auto adjust is nice.

What do you dislike?

That sometimes Siri won't work, or that Dictation doesn't work. There are always some bugs -- especially with new features, but going online and searching through forums or Customer service is incredibly informative. Aside from that, I with I could get much more memory in my devices for much less money. I understand why, but why can't the intro device be 128gb instead of 32?

I am able to do a lot of work on the road, keeping up with emails, work (especially Canvas), the ability to take attendance with ease, and all the possible app's for every possible productivity issue you've never even thought of.

iOS review by Rob A.
Rob A.

"iPhone owner for years and love the OS."

What do you like best?

Apple iOS is a very intuitive operating system. Even after updates change things it is always easy to use. A main reason I stay with the iPhone is that I love the operating system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my phone freezers or closes out of apps without warning. It would be helpful if apple allowed you to change the apps available for quick use in their dashboard as opposed to automatically setting these apps. With that being said, the apps they provide are often the ones I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple is always trying to improve the user experience by updating the OS. Although people often have issues with updates, the updates are eventually accepted and realized to be a move in the correct directions.

Apple iOS makes viewing documents and reading emails very easy.

iOS review by Mark G.
Mark G.

"Just Works"

What do you like best?

Apple iOS just works for all my needs and I'm able to use Microsoft office for work. I have a 6s Plus and love the ability to vpn into my work environment on a large mobile screen

What do you dislike?

Using the native mail client with exchange is not as good as the outlook client app for iOS

The ease of use is the most benefit we realize using iOS. Users don't have to worry about applications working or not. the high security is a benefit as well

iOS review by Corey M.
Corey M.

"Sales Executive"

What do you like best?

I love that Apple iOS is very easy to use. Like the macbooks, everything comes ready to go which makes unwrapping the packaging and hitting hte road running very easy. With it being one of the most popular OS's on the market, nearly everything is compatible.

What do you dislike?

There can be a lot of delays and frustration with the screen rotation. If you lock it so it can't rotate than that's one thing but it will frequently turn/unturn when moved around. Can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep staying innovative with the ever changing times.

Connecting with colleagues and communication. From syncing the calendars to being able to keep our messaging platform open has been very key to staying in touch with the team. Teamwork makes the dream work!

iOS review by User in Higher Education

"Best operating system around"

What do you like best?

Apple has one of the most user-friendly systems around. It is easy to self-teach and use. Once I made the switch to iOS on one device, i quickly updated all my devices to Apple products. The ability to go from one device to the next is remarkable. Apple has really upped the technology game with some of their newer features!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Apple iOS is that some programs are not compatible with Apple. This is typically not an issue to problem solve however, as Google is often a good resource for troubleshooting any compatibility issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple operating systems are easy to learn and understand. They are compatible across Apple devices and look very similar from desktop to mobile. You will not be sad to leave the PC world, or any other operating system on any other device. Apple is a top-notch company with top-notch products.

I wouldn't say that our business is problem solving anything in particular related to Apple iOS. But having iOS as a platform definitely helps the company be more able to work together and be all on the same page about issues that do arise.

iOS review by Rene W.
Rene W.

"iOS User"

What do you like best?

Everything is readily accessible. Easy to use platform. Self explanatory.

What do you dislike?

System freezes occasionally (not often). Not customizable

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend adding MacOS(MacBook/iMac) for an even better experience.

I use Apple’s Pages to make my business cards and new client contracts, meal plans and more..it works perfectly on the iOS platform. My iPad and iPhone I use for everything business related. Starting a document on my phone and picking up where I left off on my iPad is a big help. Keynote helps with new client presentations.

iOS review by Isaias G.
Isaias G.

"Amazing ease of use with Apple iOS "

What do you like best?

ease of use and how seamless all the apps operate with each other. the ability to switch back and forth between apps quickly and on the fly allows for a much faster connection with clients and the apps they use

What do you dislike?

sometimes the gui interface freezes and crashes. sometimes it seems the updates take longer than they should to come out. also some of the app time submission for fixes can take weeks and if that is causing an issue with the app the app can't be used until fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it and you will be hooked

gaining and maintaining clients. being able to use various apps to keep clients in tune with what their needs are and also allow me to interact with them on a more personal level. benefits are having the ease of use and allowing me to network faster and better

iOS review by Siva S. P.
Siva S. P.

"Improved operating system"

What do you like best?

More fast than previous version. More stable and reliable. The version allows more features and apps accessibility

What do you dislike?

Still need to fix some bugs. Sometime the apps are not responding like camera app freezes and apple store app does not respond especially in iPhone and iPad. Some applications are not compatible to Mac IOS 9

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple IOS is more trust worthy and user friendly operating system. Most important is the security for confidential matters.

Because of fast operating system the process of job\task got easy. Multiple task cab be done simultaneously.

iOS review by User in Research
User in Research

"Pros and Cons of iOS 9.2"

What do you like best?

I love the lack of lagging screen! I used to be so frustrated everytime I was using my other phone (Android based). It's such a relief to use the iOS now! I am also in love with the new Apple Music Streaming service and the News App. These are such good innovations and I just can't have enough of them. The system works pretty much flawlessly and it is very easy to operate.

What do you dislike?

My Apple Music started acting in a weird way 4-5 days ago. The music stops / plays randomly whenever I have my headphones plugged in. Also the Apple Music recommendations are very disappointing. Even though I don't listen at all to some genres and never said I did, I keep receiving recommendations of that type. Another thing that I hate is what I have come to notice recently - my phone dies every single time I use it in cold weather, even though my battery is at lest 50% charged. It is really frustrating and I hope you will do something about it. It has never happened to me before with other phones.

Also, I would very much appreciate if the mobile data settings were included in the control center. I still don't understand why I need to go to Settings and enable them from there. I open / close them so often! Much more often than "airplane mode" or "do not disturb" features.

I think this is pretty much it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would just say it is worth the money.

None I guess. I am just a user of this product who would be glad to have contributed to its further development. I study Computer Science and am quite interested in the field.

iOS review by Administrator in Individual & Family Services
Administrator in Individual & Family Services

"Apple IOS is the best mobile software I have used."

What do you like best?

Apple IOS has a fast processor, a multitude of apps, and a great camera. I often use my phone's camera to take photos for my works Facebook page.

What do you dislike?

I wish that some of the business apps I see were available for IOS and not just Android. I also don't care for people seeing when I am typing when messaging them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for a mobile device, but stick to Windows or something similar for a business desktop.

I'm solving the problem of having poor quality photos. I've had the ease of being able to take decent photos and send them directly from my phone to my email or directly post on Facebook.

iOS review by Consultant in Entertainment
Consultant in Entertainment

"I love Apple Products!"

What do you like best?

I love that every update to Apple is a great update.

What do you dislike?

I don't love some of the features that have been added over the years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work with others who are familiar with Apple iOS applications, I highly recommend it for everyday interactions and transactions. If not, it becomes very difficult to do business on a basic level because of a lack of integration. I generally get around this by using Google products in tandem with Apple iOS applications. Of course, one of the major drawbacks of any Apple product is the price, and while Apple iOS is updated regularly, they decide when to 'cut you off', so to speak, and this can be problematic for long-time users of a very expensive product.

Because many people use Apple iOS in their daily lives, it's a lot easier to communicate with others using Apple products. In the past this would not have been the case.

iOS review by User in Internet

"Ok, so I've become an Apple junkie"

What do you like best?

Becoming an Apple convert has allowed me more confidence in the stability and security of my devices. iOS has been fantastic. Sure there was a bit of a learning curve, but the software rarely has an a problem and it's very stable.

What do you dislike?

There are some times when the software is not overly intuitive and I find myself searching for a setting to change. Those times are more the exception than the rule, but it is not perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

People are certainly painted onto "teams" in regards to whether they like iOS or one of their competitors. If you like to be able to dig into and impact the functionality of your device, fine go with the competitor. But if you like stability and ease of use, there is no competition - iOS stands alone.

I am completely mobile in my work function and iOS is a big reason why that is true. In my work I cannot have my devices down for even a short period of time and with iOS I rarely have to face such an issue.

iOS review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Apple i0S"

What do you like best?

I love everything about iOS 10. I like the user interface, the coloring of the new control center icons, the default apps, such as Calculator, the TV app recently released and the rich notifications.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how some apps on iOS 9 are not fully optimized still to work fully with the potential it could with iOS 10.

I am trying to build an app for the one of the organizations I started. I realized that I could try to see what potential benefits by using iOS 10 to use software to further advance my popularity.

iOS review by Bhrigu R.
Bhrigu R.

"Satisfactory to Good "

What do you like best?

I like that the UI for the most part is intuitive and easy to maneuver.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there apple controls iOS too closely. There is very little a customer can customize on iOS as of now. Hopefully that will change with iOS 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good alternative if you want to switch out of the android ecosystem

We are trying to restructure databases. It has helped to visualize data on a mobile platform.

iOS review by Lashekia B.
Lashekia B.

"Apple is by far the best "

What do you like best?

I like the many professional tools available. I'm in to photography and I can take amazing pictures and edit with software right on my iOS device

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far. I am surprisingly satisfied.

The ability to access files when I am out of the office.

iOS review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"I love Apple"

What do you like best?

I love that it is so user friendly. It is very intuitive. I also love that all the apple products use the same platform and crossover.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if you have an issue it really doesn't make sense on how you would fix it, and you have to go to the apple help forum.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Apple is awesome. Its so easy to use and they are definitely headed in the right direction. They really are at the top of their game and always coming out with updates and new features.

I use the Apple iOS a lot of time when I get frustrated with the windows system. Its just so much more user friendly.

"Garbage since iOS 10!"

What do you like best?

I don't like much of anything about iOS 10.

What do you dislike?

Apple changed the GUI to be painful to use on older hardware. I HATE the new Unlock method on older hardware that doesn't have Touch ID. Notifications get buried in new layout. Swiping to clear ends up opening the camera ALL THE TIME.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like a device that tries to think for you and controls every aspect of your mobile environment, then iOS is for you. Otherwise, look at Android.

Using as mobile OS on phone that is in the field troubleshooting AV issues across campus.

iOS review by Ash H.
Ash H.

"Best Mobile OS"

What do you like best?

Apple iOS has great integration with other devices, including phone, tablet, and laptop

What do you dislike?

Closed ecosystem can be a burden, but is offset by quality of software and experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

Allows me to stay organized regardless of device used.

iOS review by Elizabeth R.
Elizabeth R.

"Apple iOS 10 works great"

What do you like best?

I find iOs to be user friendly, fast, efficient and makes my day easier. The search capabilities help me find documents easily. I sync my calendars and mail notifications as well.

What do you dislike?

I have not discovered any glitches yet, but maybe when there is another update.

The ability to sync my apps with my laptop and phone. It makes everything easier such as scheduling meetings and printing documents through Airplay.

iOS review by Le T.
Le T.

"iOS the beautiful in hands"

What do you like best?

- It is very stable for daily use

- It work fast as we need

- Very beautiful

- Good camera quality

What do you dislike?

- It is hard to access and backup data to PC

- It is hard to download music then play in music app without itunes

- Ringtone make process is difficult

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple iOS is good for daily use. Easy for you to get started with it.

- I am developing app for iOS. The AppStore is good for make money via make good apps.

iOS review by Steven R.
Steven R.

"IOS REview"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. The accessibility of all major apps. The speed, nearly never any lag.

What do you dislike?

When there is lag the lag is bad. Too many apps for certain things. Apple forcing apps on your phone that you'll never need

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to access. Everyone has an iPhone, so connecting with people has never been easier

Connectivity with workers. Before the iphones there was a visible rift with our connectivity, now with them it is much easier to access mail and texts and phones on a company phone

iOS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Love iOS for Work"

What do you like best?

I can access my mail as well as the internet from my phone quickly.

What do you dislike?

I run out of memory quickly. I feel like updates seem to take up more memory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is relatively intuitive. Unlike android system which utilizes a back button, Apple iOS does not. It takes getting used to, but definitely worth the switch.

I can contact parents whenever. I am not tied to having to be in an office with a phone.

iOS review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Apple iOS-not bad until there's an update"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Apple is to use; it's much more intuitive than other Apple operating systems that I've used.

What do you dislike?

Every time an update or new iPhone comes out, the current system gets much slower and crashes much more frequently. It forces you to do the updates, which take quite awhile, and then eventually your old iPhone is two models behind and is so slow that you're forced to buy a new one. It's planned obsolescence on Apple's part, which is really terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that the updates are going to be often and pricey when new technology comes out.

Face to face communication is made easy, I like the voicemail-to-text feature, and overall being able to easily access email and other business needs is very helpful.

iOS review by Nicole V.
Nicole V.

"It works "

What do you like best?

Some of the key components of the IOS that I like are the updating messaging, reliability and quickness of the system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike at times the slowness of the system.

The business problems that we are solving are better communication throughout the workplace and up to the minute in real time information.

iOS review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"iOS - A review"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use. I've never had the OS crash on me or cause any major issues.

What do you dislike?

It's too locked down. I was an iOS user since the iPhone 4S and iPad 1 but recently switched to Android; the reason? I love that I can almost completely customize my device. Apple needs to follow suit and let developers create customization because the app drawer is old and ugly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open the platform to customization, it's boring!

It works well for our mobile applications that our clients use

iOS review by Abir Z.
Abir Z.

"Easy of use "

What do you like best?

I love how all devices are connected the phone and computer and can practically use any other device to retrieve information

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how the storage gets full very fast

It’s great for work because it connects the phone with the work computer and can easily log on to another device with email and iCloud password

iOS review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"iOS is the standard in mobile development and application usage"

What do you like best?

Everything on the iOS is straight forward. There is no training necessary for users in most cases and things are displayed in a logical setting.

What do you dislike?

There are times when linking devices together or syncing with computers can be very confusing for non-technical users

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a very strict, transaction based OS or phone that really only functions as email service, go with Blackberry. iOS really helps users take their mobile usage to the next level. You can do so much more on an iOS than blackberry, and it smokes Android users when it comes to the types of applications you can use as well as the ease of usage.

The adaptation of iOS to the work environment allows for 24/7 access. Employees are always on the clock and able to react when necessary.

"The best one"

What do you like best?

It works, fast and smooth, you can do pretty much everything and its really easy to use

What do you dislike?

there are some options that you need to pay extra. iCloud 5gb free its too little

Recommendations to others considering the product

they need to upgrade the free iCloud plan so we don't get that message everyday that the iPhone is full.

When we have to schedule a meeting, we can just do it on the calendar and all the company can see it in their agendas. also when we need to see where is someone of the company find friends will help us for that, we can use it in the field to upload data.

iOS review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"It's been like a breath full of fresh air!"

What do you like best?

I believe the fact that it moves so fast makes it the best. I can use multitasking which makes me much more productive, I love that I can put a photo in my notes or that I can sketch something near a to-do list. Having my notes on all my devices through iCloud makes me so grateful! It's hard to find time to sync all the notes scribbled down during class, so it does this for me instead!

What do you dislike?

The Control Center just refuses to get summoned! The default apps are not removable, which is one annoying thing if your device has only 16 GB memory. Finally, one thing that really annoys me is that older Apple products won't be compatible with new iOS versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it !!! Best you'll ever find! Don't you ever settle for anything else rather than iOS!

I am trying to always be in touch with people who need me and through having lots of devices connected to the internet I always manage to do so.

iOS review by Stephen C.
Stephen C.

"The Only Way to Go"

What do you like best?

Where to begin. Ease of use, reliability, security. It covers it all

What do you dislike?

Split screen on mobile would be awesome!

Real time collaboration across corporate apps

iOS review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"The best mobile operating system, period!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use yet powerful. Great UI, fantastic built in apps and an extensive 3rd party developer ecosystem provides all the app you could ever want.

What do you dislike?

Some features are hidden and because there is no "manual" can be impossible to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cannot recommend highly enough, bin your Android/Windows phone and move to iOS, you will not regret it!

Provides my main means of mobile communication.

iOS review by William L.
William L.

"iOS has always been my mobile OS of choice"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and set up. Flexible enough to do the things I want to do. Integrated ecosystem works well with Mac OS.

What do you dislike?

Occasional crashes. Sometimes settings are hard to find.

Can access our backend systems through apps, can also easily access email and web.

"iOS ten for the win "

What do you like best?

It is seemless and allows you to use it between all of your apple products. ease of functionality and it learns your interests!

What do you dislike?

The constant updates sometimes, it is also sometimes a bit aggravating that you have to double or triple click on the screen to get it to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be patient as they update to resolve any system bugs.

it makes it easier for our business to communicate whereever we are without even having to make a phone call

"Estable OS"

What do you like best?

Stable operating system, very easy to use and intuitive, security is excellent, contains many apple applications for personal use, has excellent applications within the app store, very good support and updates in a progressive way to solve bugs

What do you dislike?

The price of the equipment is very expensive, there are no updates for computers that are discontinued so there are no apps to be used on the computers, for in iphone 4s the latest update leaves the computer with a slow operation

Recommendations to others considering the product

Updates for discontinued devices to use new apps

Communications, email management, apps to work remotely systems development and communication between pc

iOS review by Vivek V.
Vivek V.

"I like it "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, security, features, sophistication, usability, design etc..

What do you dislike?

No major updates in the few months, every update has been with very few additional features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should use, much better than options available in the market for my tyep of use

Enterprise email. Always connected and easy to use

iOS review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Easy as Apple IOS pie"

What do you like best?

I like that the Apple IOS is a solid platform and very easy to learn and use. It makes the Apple equipment sync with each other and I like that I can count on the same great user experience throughout.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike...perhaps even more innovation and common accessories with other competing products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set your requirements...run it through the wringer to see if it meets your needs. I think you will find it is pretty robust.

Stable platform that everyone can use at any skill level.

iOS review by User in Computer Software

"iOS fulfills needs and excels and some things, but could use more customizable pieces"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive touch-based gestures to accomplish actions, presents the ability organize applications by usage, and great integration with the Apple ecosystem are all reasons that I like using iOS for both personal and occupational tasks.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customizability compared to Android devices. I'd love to have the ability to view more dynamic information without having to launch an application.

Communication in both internal and external networks, product testing, and leveraging cloud-based information storage for accessibility.

iOS review by Bilal J.
Bilal J.

"Slick, smooth transition from Android "

What do you like best?

Stability, user interface and security is top notch

What do you dislike?

Lack of customization options for end users. Android has done a great job in opening up now advanced options and features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support costs are lower now for us <