macOS Sierra

macOS Sierra helps you rediscover your best photos, shop fast and conveniently online, and work between devices. It can also help free up storage space.

Work for macOS Sierra?

Learning about macOS Sierra?

macOS Sierra Reviews

Showing 74 macOS Sierra reviews
macOS Sierra review by Miguel P.
Miguel P.

"Robust and simple OS for everyday work"

What do you like best?

It's simplicity. This OS is very well though and designed.

The office suite works like magic and it is very simple to use. You are able to do must of day to day office work using this system. With tools that are very easy to install and most of the time free from Apple.

As a developer I love to use it. Sure there are sometimes somethings not work as expected but from all the other systems I have tried this is the one I choose because at the end of the day is very simple and easy to mantain.

What do you dislike?

Some software is not yet ported to this OS, must of the new games are not ported as well. This is something that I wish it had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe the price would be seen as a blocker, but the products they have are really well though and work seamlessly.

For a company, the simplicity of servicing, warranties, the stability of software packages is a must. It helps a lot when people are able to do their daily tasks because the system is so simple to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about macOS Sierra
macOS Sierra review by Viacheslav K.
Viacheslav K.

"Great replacement for Windows"

What do you like best?

- Very stable OS, because it's based on Linux kernel

- You can install new version of OS even on old 2009 models

- Create and restore from backups using TimeMachine. You can be sure that all your info is stored and backuped on TimeCapsule or other similar devices

- Upgrades are free for all users

- A lot of software you have on Windows, you can have on Mac, for example all of the Adobe products, development envirionments, etc.

- Some Linux software also work on MacOS X

- You have Terminal, so you can fully control OS like in Linux

What do you dislike?

- Works only on Macs

- You can't find some specific software that you have on Windows, for example development envrionments

Recommendations to others considering the product

MacOS X is a great alternative for Windows, if you are a developer you can get very stable and easy to use machine with all the benefits of huge software choice and very user friendly interface

Very stable OS. You have almost everything software that you have on Windows platform. Using TimeMachine you can backup, restore your laptop and search for deleted files. If you are in the process of development, you can be sure that all of your data is secured.

What Operating System solution do you use?

macOS Sierra review by Johnpaul S.
Johnpaul S.

"Upgrade your OS at your own risk"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the simplicity of the interface as well being able to use force quit when apps don't respond.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had a better experience with the OS. My issue seem to stem from the downloaded version available at the APP store. The computer takes 2 min to boot and my apps (Outlook, Photoshop and Lightroom) all quit without notice for no reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I usually find that the OS built into the computer works great, when upgrading via the App Store I have run into various issue which affect the computer. If you can stay with your current OS or take the computer to a tech for upgrading.

Ever since upgrading my OS from Snow Leopard, my computer has been unstable. I currently have a 27" IMAC setup with all the top hardware and legal software. I mostly use the computer to edit photos. I usually have Lightroom, Photoshop and a music app working at the same time and monitor the processes via activity monitor. My apps tend to stop working and the app quits for no reason. I have tried searching for answers on google as well as spoken to Genius' at the Apple store.

macOS Sierra review by Mike K.
Mike K.

"NOT Recommended for Older Macs, unless you're trying to upgrade. "

What do you like best?

Handoff is my favorite feature with Sierra as I am able to easily work on one device at home and another on the go. I use an iPhone, iPad, iMac, MacBook Pro, Apple Watch, and AppleTV, so I can have stuff everywhere. Another favorite feature of mine is Sierra's usage of iCloud. Now all of my files are stored both on my HDD and iCloud, which means that I can access my content from anywhere (even on iPhone). I no longer have to worry about forgetting my documents or worry about carrying a flash drive. Also, thanks to Sierra, I now can take advantage of Apple's AirDrop feature allowing me to send stuff across all of my devices because I had to replace my old MacBook.

What do you dislike?

MacOS sierra is not compatible with older Macs. I had an Early 2011 MacBook Pro, which completely crashed after the update. The day after updating the OS, I've noticed that my laptop's performance was sluggish, it wouldn't go into sleep mode, and it would shut down and reset itself randomly. I travel with my computer on a daily basis, and each day my laptop overheated in my backpack whenever I tried putting it to sleep. When I took it in, Apple claimed that the update corrupted my HDD and I had to replace it, which didn't help. I ended up upgrading to a new computer, a 2016 MBP and I've noticed that Sierra OS ran flawlessly on it. Ironically, two of my closest friends had similar issues with their Non-Retina MacBook Pros (2007-2011) and ended up having to upgrade to the latest Touch Bar MacBook Pos. I still believe that Apple made that move on purpose to increase new MacBook sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I only recommend for Macs that are 2014 or newer. My last MacBook was a 2011 and Sierra immediately crashed the HDD eventually leading to Motherboard issues.

This MacOS is going in a direction where it syncs all of your Apple devices together. Sierra came with my 2016 MacBook Pro, and I can see that the specs my new mac is packed with takes advantage of Sierra's benefits. Clean interface, Clipboard syncs well, and iCloud capabilities integrated into the program.

macOS Sierra review by Aaron P.
Aaron P.

"Apple continues to refine it's desktop OS"

What do you like best?

macOS Sierra is the 12th major version of macOS (formerly OS X), and at this point it is an extremely mature OS. Sierra brings a number of new features including Siri, a revamped Photos app, increased integration with iCloud and iCloud drive (Apple's Dropbox or Google Drive equivalent), as well as a multitude of under the hood improvements including Metal, Apples bare metal graphics API. A new root-less mode security feature (known as system integrity protection, or SIP) greatly enhances the Macs already strong history of being a secure OS. All-in-all, Sierra is a worthwhile upgrade to the venerable macOS.

What do you dislike?

At this point, macOS is extremely mature, having been first released over 16 years ago. As such, each major new version brings less and less revolutionary features and more evolutionary changes. Sierra is no different. There aren't too many major new features short of Siri - whose usefulness is somewhat questionable - and many of the under-the-hood advancement won't be seen by the average user. In addition, certain areas of macOS that could use some attention, such as the Finder and the Dock, have largely been ignored (neither the Finder nor the Dock have seen a major redesign since OS X Leopard, released 8 years ago). Some people will find SIP to be an issue when installing certain software, though it can be disabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your Mac can support it, there is no reason not to upgrade.

Being an operating system, all Mac computers that can support it, are running Sierra. The differences b/w Sierra and El Capitan don't add to many obvious benefits, but it is comforting simply being able to run the latest and greatest technologies, as well as keeping up to date on bug fixes and security updates.

macOS Sierra review by Bryan D.
Bryan D.

"Great Platform from Apple"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, probably the best learning curve compared to other OS. Great features, very smooth. Easy to connect with servers. The terminal is very simple and a powerful tool. Siri's assistant is great with setting reminders, looking up things, etc.

What do you dislike?

When performing more complex operations it requires a bit more learning. Certain compatibility issues with certain software which do not run on MAC OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are willing to challenge yourself to learn a new operating system to become well rounded, I definitely encourage anyone to consider switching for at least a bit. For those wanting to consider in the long run, if macOS look at the things you really use it for and if you are willing to make some sacrifices, it might be something to at least look into.

Standard OS used in the company, allows for everyone to communicate smoothly. icloud is a great tool for backing up important projects.

macOS Sierra review by Madhu S.
Madhu S.

"The best Operating System out there, but it could still be a bit better."

What do you like best?

Mac OS has always been the best Operating System bar none and this version polishes it even more.

Here are some general reasons why Mac OS is the best:

1) Intelligent design
Everything about Mac OS is very intelligently designed. Buttons are exactly where you would expect to find them. The interface is very good at prioritizing the most frequent menu commands so they are always accessible. More advance commands are hidden away, but sensibly you can access them with a single key store, so it’s not a chore to get to them.

2) Stable and snappy

Unlike other OSes, Mac OS is very stable and snappy. There are never any delays in using it.

3) Built in power tools

Mac OS comes with several advance power tools built in such as automatic backups, the ability to take screenshots, built in spell check and auto correct. These work really well and because they are built in, other 3rd party apps can access them allowing them to work seamlessly.

This new version adds several new features including:

Siri - Speak to your Mac

Universal tabs - Access tabs in every application

Picture in Picture - For easily viewing video while working with other applications.

None of the new features are earth shattering, but they are welcome refinements to an already amazing OS.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem with Mac OS Sierra is that the new features are a bit unnecessary.

I never use Siri, because it’s quicker to type than to speak commands.

Picture in Picture is also another feature that I have no use for.

Universal tabs is awesome.

However, I wish Apple would fix other problems with Mac OS, such as the poor spell check which always misses even obvious misspellings. It would be nice if they had better window management tools. There are 3rd party apps that provide this, but it should really be built in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already own a Mac then you should upgrade to OS Sierra immediately. It’s fast and snappy even on older hardware. Each new version of Mac has improved security so by using an older version, you are leaving yourself vulnerable.

If you don’t own a Mac, then switch over today. You don’t know what you are missing! Obviously, not all Windows programs work on Mac. However, there are many Windows emulators available, so if you really need to use a Windows software then it might be possible to run it through emulation.

Mac OS is a core application to my business. I have tried switching to other OS such as Windows and Linux, but none of them are as well thought out as Mac OS. Windows in particular lacks all the awesome shortcuts and power tools that are built into Mac OS. Granted, you can download and install them, but then that wastes time. With Mac OS, everything is there and everything works seamlessly.

macOS Sierra review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Mac OSX Sierra is a SOLID apple Operating System Release"

What do you like best?

I love the speed increase I have seen from OS X 10.11: El Capitan. The interface has been a little simplified and that is where I think I am going some speed boosts as well as SIRI on MAC. I use this all the time on my laptop, its great for quick stuff, and its already a familiar platform for iPhone users. Messages app has been improved and has some new functionality.

What do you dislike?

Battery life for Laptop, the system runs a little faster and there are more features for sure. But the cost has been the battery life, that is something that usually get improved by updates, so hopefully they can optimize with a future update. Although batter performance is not dramatically decreased, this is never something we like to see with an OS release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements. We upgraded our ram to max specifications so we could be sure to have maximum performance.

The New features in Chat have been great, I am able to quickly send more rich attachments through chat for quick response times with my colleagues. We now get better thumbnail previews etc. Chat is a Instant way for peers to communicate at the office so this was a welcome update. We also use the Desktop feature so our files sync with iCloud along our mobile devices and office equipment.

macOS Sierra review by Erik W.
Erik W.

"Solid OS hidden behind a hardware tax"

What do you like best?

Mac OS is substantively stable, secure, speedy, and elegant. Spotlight is very efficient; AirDrop and Handoff work seamlessly from Apple mobile devices. Messages is a boon for iOS users as well.

Integrated Filevault without requiring special hardware (TPM) or a special version of the OS (ahem, Microsoft...) makes disk encryption easily implementable for consumer and enterprise users. You can take or leave the included iWork and iLife suites depending on your needs, but regardless of my feelings about them, they're included and most consumers like them. Apple still has the best implementation of virtual desktops for enhancing productivity. And then there's the 5+ years of OS upgrades that you'll get. The hardware tax feels a bit less painful.

What do you dislike?

The hardware tax is the biggest sticking point for most, but I find the lack of integration services with other platforms the hardest pill to swallow. Android phone? Sorry, hope you didn't want to use some of those OS features. Need a Windows-only app? Hope you like configuring Wine or some slow, unstable virtualization. Better to just have a Windows box to RDP into. Want to customize? Hope you are a bash shell master or willing to shell out for an app to do it for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a management system in place (Jamf or Munki). Make sure someone on your team gets their Apple certs. Make sure you are ready for the hardware tax and the substantially lower level of enterprise support than other large PC vendors. Remember that Apple's support posture considers devices to be personal devices rather company devices.

We are a mixed platform organization where the end-users have significant agency in determining their computer and software needs. Providing full support for Mac OS allows us to meet the needs and desires of our faculty members. As a side-benefit, some of our staff get to choose as well.

macOS Sierra review by Roman Y.
Roman Y.

"Great desktop OS for professional use"

What do you like best?

- Very stable. I haven't got any kernel panics with it

- Small diffrence in UI between OS versions. It's very easy to learn how to use new version of OS

- Compability with old Macs. It's compatiable even with old 2009 white Macbook!

- Full compability with apps for previous version of OS X

- Time Machine. It's so important to have backup of all my data and my laptop in general. Also it's very simple to migrate to a newer model if you need

What do you dislike?

- Maybe lack of new functions, evlotionary functions, but not revolutionary

- Lack of support of old pre-Intel apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very stable, easy to learn and swith OS. You won't have any problems with professional apps, so it's easier to switch to Mac OS from Windows, instead of switching from Windows to Linux

Mac OS X is my primary OS for work. You have a lot of professional apps that you can have only on Windows, like Photoshop, Premiere, After Affects. Also you have very optimized and awesome apps like Final Cut, Motion, Logic Pro X. I can recommend this as a basis for a workstation if your primary task to work with laptop.

macOS Sierra review by Yolanda J.
Yolanda J.

"Upgraded the things that I was able to do on my MacBook Air"

What do you like best?

I use a MacBook Air to do do everything that I need to do for work in the comfort of my own home. This new update comes with so many wonderful perks and helps my computer function better. It is very easy to use and perhaps is the best update that I have seen Apple make this far.

What do you dislike?

There are certain softwares that I had downloaded onto my Mac, that I had to download again because they were no longer compatible with my device after the update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in between updating your software and keeping the same version that you

I am able to work quickly and efficiently to solve the tasks that I have to complete.

macOS Sierra review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"Work Computer"

What do you like best?

I love this program! I went from a pc to a mac and it's so much easier to use! Everything is there and clear to use - ten times more user friendly than a pc.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how they can break so easily because of a little water. I guess most electronics are like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish they were cheaper but other than that I am extremely satisfied.

I haven't experienced a ton of problems. The benefits are they are so easy to use and it lasts forever! I've had mine for 7 years and it's still going strong.

macOS Sierra review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"Solid OS"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that the macOS experience is much smoother and easier to use than that of Windows. The navigation is easy and upgrading from El Cap is seamless. I haven't had any trouble with the OS working with any of my other software.

What do you dislike?

Currently, my one complaint is that iMessage on Sierra doesn't have all of the functionality of those on the iPhone.

Using macOS gives us better system control for our research over a Windows OS. It doesn't integrate well with all of our software (SPSS which is buggy, and other programs that only support PCs), but that is always expected with Macs and the benefits far outweigh the costs. Once you know how to use the system, you will never go back (I was an avid PC user for years until I got into a research field that is streamlined by Mac usage).

macOS Sierra review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"The best operating system from Apple so far"

What do you like best?

I love that it is visually appealing. I can also speak for the 5k version of iMac and can tell you that the UI is absolutely gorgeous on all aspects. I like that it does what it says it will do, it simply works. The computer doesn't freeze, it boots quickly, and this operating system has never even come close to having a virus. As in, i don't even have to install antivirus on it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. I will say that the photos app could use more work with facial recognition. I like that they are now beginning to sync across all devices, but they took the fun out of tagging facing by only showing you the faces of the people it identified. I need to be able to see those that are unknown too so I can tell the computer who it is. I also wish you could choose which specific folders sync to iCloud drive, rather than an entire directory or folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend making the switch. Even for those scared to move from a Windows system, you can always dual boot into mac and run both operating systems beautifully on one Mac. In fact, some benchmarks have shown that even Windows runs better on a mac.

I am able to do a lot of photo editing and the amazing UI makes it easy for my website designs. I can keep everything stored on all devices by using the iCloud drive that comes with MacOS.

macOS Sierra review by Simon C.
Simon C.

"Great operating system with nice new features"

What do you like best?

Like previous versions of Apple's operating system, this MacOS Sierra version offers incredible integration with other Apple products, which is what I like the most about Apple in general. Whether with the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, other Apple computers and iCloud, the integration is just perfect! This Sierra version brings the integration of new features such as the very first desktop version of the Siri voice assistant, something I like too. Finally, this system is fast, responsive and neat in appearance, as usual Apple.

What do you dislike?

Now, what I dislike is that just like for the past few version, this new version of MacOS put extra stress on older Apple computers and then older computers are slower than in the past. The other thing is that this MacOS version works very well on an SSD hard drive, but on a mechanical hard drive like the base model of iMac 21 inch (the least expensive base model), it's extremely slow and painful to use. I would say based on my professional and personal experience that since MacOS 10.9, the operating systems are becoming heavier every year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just ensure that your computer hardware is ready for macOS Sierra, not only consider the minimum requirement from Apple knowledge base.

I cannot say that MacOS Sierra solves any problems of our company, I would rather say that it’s a part of a business plan where we make sure that our Apple computers are up to date in order to be able to execute the latest versions of applications such as Microsoft Office 365, etc.

macOS Sierra review by Pawan A.
Pawan A.

"User Friendly OS"

What do you like best?

The ease of doing things, the simplicity of the OS is great. It's lightning fast to work with.

The apps are very fast to use. They are easy to install and use. Also, there is a very good list of apps that I can choose from depending on my needs.

Also, Microsoft Office suite is much better and easier to use as compared from Windows. There are some features which makes it stand out and makes it very comfortable to use.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about the OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of working on the great hardware of MACbook

macOS Sierra review by Jakub K.
Jakub K.

"next step for better OS"

What do you like best?

Some things are change, for example 3 fingers swipe up and down, after update is more "humanity". Also system is more faster, then before. Work with this OS is more effective but you need take some time and teach new feathers.

Siri with handset react good but you need activate and set up it.

What do you dislike?

Some problems with graphics, also there is some bugs, witch cause freeze and you need slow down at this moment and wait to load it. In this update Apple change some library, witch cause that you are not allow use illegal software, for me it is not problem but this situation may by for some people more problematik.

Siri, I expect more comfortable with interaction. Also still missing czech language, google now has czech language so it will take some time. But today, I missing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you need to realize yours needs, then you choose your best way to get your job done

business problems? this is OS... MAC OS X soo you need to realize, that this OS will save your time, your work will be faster, better, stronger :) you know that, so what you waiting for?

macOS Sierra review by Scott C.
Scott C.

"MacOS Sierra Review"

What do you like best?

The fact that it automatically lets you know of old programs and files is great. It saved me almost 50GB! The overall speed is better, to some degree. Copy and paste between Apple devices is pretty cool, although, I don't have a real need for it.

What do you dislike?

I have a 2012 SS Drive, not a flash drive, so the storage calculator automatically recalculates every day (cannot be changed) and it really slows my computer down during the long process (several hours for SS Drive, a few minutes for Flash Drive, depending on what is on your computer). Siri really isn't necessary, especially if your phone is nearby. You will activate both when saying "hey Siri?"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for slower times if you are using a SS Drive, especially the initial setup. You'll want to disable your phone or MacOS Siri if you use it a lot.

Copy and paste between devices and software (iWork Pages, ICloud Drive, etc.). It does allow for faster speeds once it isn't calculating, which is great when you have PS, AI, ID open all at once.

macOS Sierra review by Winston D.
Winston D.

"Nice polish to a stable OS"

What do you like best?

I really love how they have added tab ability to many of the native apps. As someone who hates having a cluttered desktop, it always bugged me how every single pages document required its own window while my browser only needed one. This has also lead to a productivity increase as it is now easier than ever for me to find exactly the document I want without feeling the need to close some or sift through all of the open docs in expose.

What do you dislike?

I find it annoying how Apple continues to push OS X towards iOS. While there are definitely major benefits, such as handoff and iMessage, the macOS rebranding was completely unnecessary. Additionally, OS X still lacks many features present on mobile, such as full support for the new message types in iMessage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform for being a developer. One huge benefit is how it is easy to have a multiple OS computer as Windows and Linux distros will happily run alongside OS X, but not always the other way round. There is a great community out there to support development.

As a developer, OS X continues to be a great platform for me. It has a wonderful combination of being unix based and therefore Linux like, while still being very user friendly (and battery friendly) for other day to day tasks outside of the terminal.

macOS Sierra review by Landon D.
Landon D.

"More of the same from macOS--and that's not a bad thing."

What do you like best?

macOS Sierra is very similar to the last few mac updates. Aside from Siri integration, there aren't many new (useful) features. There are a few aesthetic design changes that seem to bring the macOS system more in-line with iOS and that is a nice enhancement.

What do you dislike?

A few of the missing features carry over to this update. Not being able to delete files by pressing the 'delete' key, no ability to cut and paste files, and lack of customization options are a few of the notable omissions. I believe this is how Apple intends for the system to operate, but it would be more user-friendly if included.

xtraFinder is a nice co-pilot for the system, but it seems to be broken for the moment. Hopefully the developers will address compatibility soon.

Safari hasn't changed much and continues to be my (and likely most other users) last resort as a browser. Chrome continues to be my daily driver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and upgrade.

Sierra for business use continues to be plagued more by app software developer shortcomings than by Apple. For instance, the Microsoft Office for Mac suite provides only a fraction of the features provided to PC users. Outlook seems to have the most deficiencies. I'm not really sure why the developers keep omitting features (from what I can tell, the missing features have never been included in the Mac versions), but they are doing a serious disservice to the end-user.

macOS Sierra review by Andy P.
Andy P.

"Incremental update"

What do you like best?

The upgrade took about 20 minutes, all my applications carried on working after the upgrade so the disruption to my day actually doing the upgrade was minimal.

After the upgrade I found the iCloud Drive for my Desktop/Documents very useful (but I do subscribe to the 50GB iCloud option - if you're on the free iCloud 5GB option I suspect it wouldn't be nearly as useful).

I like the fact that it's not a steep learning curve and probably 99% of what I do has remained the same. The system doesn't feel either slower or faster (I have a 2013 Retina MacBook Pro), battery life doesn't seem worse (or better).

What do you dislike?

Siri. Dislike is a bit strong, I just haven't yet found a use for Siri on my Mac. I work in a crowded office and can't really justify using Siri when I can use the mouse and/or keyboard. Your mileage may vary but there doesn't seem to be a "killer feature" with the new OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test a single machine first, then rollout more widely

The upgrade is free, there are no significant changes to the interface that would mean users need a great deal of additional training in order to use it. New Macs will come with the latest OS so in order to keep everyone on the same OS it's necessary to upgrade.

Main benefit is consistency.

macOS Sierra review by Gilles S.
Gilles S.

"macOS Sierra - Works Great - once ya set e'rything up!"

What do you like best?

If you have a MAC, it'd be silly not to get the free upgrade. Once you set up and update all your programs, the operation system runs much smoother.

What do you dislike?

Its not that I dislike it - but I'm curious about how I can implement siri on my computer when all of my devises activate siri when I ask for them. Also, having to download the additional, "Magnet" app to have smart borders could be an easy implementation MAC could provide. If you are an individual who dual boots their computers - MAC continues to get folks who use "boot camp" the cold shoulder in assistance and help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for Apple products, separating hardware and software is something they highly discourage. If you don't have Apple Care or don't wanna invest in getting it right when you buy your product - have a succinct action plan when problem solving software or hardware issues.

In working with Creative Art/Design Students - if they aren't in animation - they default to apple products. So having the most up-to-date systems is attractive and sometimes even mandatory for what they're doing with programs such as the adobe creative cloud and much more.

macOS Sierra review by Dylan P.
Dylan P.

"Mac OS - Better than Ever!"

What do you like best?

Apple has done it again! As usual, Mac OS gets another update,and as usual, it's filled with new tweaks abd updates to old applications, coupled with better iCloud integration, helping users do more with the apps they already use!

What do you dislike?

Mac OS Sierra, while compatible with most Mac models, DOES have a cutoff... For example, my 2009 MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo processor) is unsupported. Be sure to check Apple's support page to make sure your machine will run Sierra... The good news, is that the Sierra installer will check compatibility before it makes any changes, so you can't brick your machine by downloading and running it on legacy hardware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only OS better than Sierra willbe High Sierra, but that hasn't been released yet.

Mac OS Sierra gives users everything they need to get to work fast! Right out of the box, users can create Microsoft Office compatible documents with Apple's iWork suite. Want to make music? Garageband is right there and ready for you! Want to browse the web? Safari is Apple's fast and power-efficient web browser, which not only serves pages faster and more memory efficiently than Chrome, but it also uses less CPU, leading to better battery life on MacBooks operating on battery power!

macOS Sierra review by Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.

"Decent upgrade for Mac"

What do you like best?

I haven't had any major issues or glitches with this update, and it runs very smoothly. This operating system comes with Siri, so if you prefer to do talk-to-text or to type, this is a useful feature. The ability to share notes across devices is probably the most useful feature for me, and the one I use most often, because my notes tend to be items that I never know when/where I'll need to access them.

What do you dislike?

It seems like Apple just came out with the last OS upgrade, so it was a bit annoying to have to go through the process of downloading and installing the brand new operating system so soon after the last one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Generally, I find it beneficial to upgrade to the newest version of the operating systems when they're released by Apple. This guarantees that programs and websites will work more smoothly, and can fix lingering glitches and problems. Make sure that you back up your data before you upgrade. Sierra also comes with a lot of compatibility features that allow for sharing with iPhones, so if you have both devices, you'll find Sierra helpful.

The compatibility between devices is probably the best feature (or features) of the newest operating system, with the ability to copy and paste between Apple devices as well as the ability to store the same notes on multiple devices. This allows me to access important information no matter where I am or what device I'm working on.

macOS Sierra review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"The latest release of the Mac Operating System"

What do you like best?

I like the speed and stability of the release. Installation was a snap. The new features like Siri on the Mac and disk space optimization and management are good and useful. There are lots of thoughtful little improvements throughout the OS that are the hallmark of Apple's software team.

What do you dislike?

This is a .0 release and there are a few post -release bugs that will no doubt be ironed out with the upcoming .1 and .2 releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most users will want to wait for a few bugs to be ironed out with a .1 or .2 release. Ensure your software is compatible with macOS 10.12.

The Mac is the standard for graphic design. The improvements in workflow alone make it worth the upgrade. There is a speed and efficiency to the Mac OS that you do not find on Windows, even after all these years.

macOS Sierra review by Lajos D.
Lajos D.

"Best operation system I have ever used"

What do you like best?

Very fast, doesn`t take up the memory, increased my battery life. Since El Capitan they integrated some more features like siri etc.

What do you dislike?

The price of the MacBook computer is a little expensive, but it is free to upgrade to the latest operation system. Otherwise, there is nothing negative about it, I am a very satisfied user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best operation system, I have ever used.

The battery life of my computer is great, it is fast and I can be sure I have no viruses. I can also use a lot of professional apps with my MacOS, so I don`t feel to have any disadvantage by having a MAC.

macOS Sierra review by Heather F.
Heather F.

"Blurring the lines between devices"

What do you like best?

I like how well Sierra integrates all of your devices - I am a Mac user through and through and this syncs everything up at once. When I am working on my laptop, all of my cell phone info comes right through - allowing me to use just one device at a time to do it all.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite aspect is the new Photos app. It doesn't work as well as iPhoto if you want to edit and reorganize your photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to anyone who is hoping to stay up to date with the newest operating systems. It allows the user to have multiple devices working in harmony depending on whichever one you are using at the time. I have used Mac products for many years now and this is the most well-integrated version yet.

Sierra makes it really easy to work across multiple platforms and collaborate as you are doing that.

macOS Sierra review by Raquel R.
Raquel R.

"Really awesome!"

What do you like best?

My old macbook white late 2009 is running MacOS Sierra with no problems whatsoever. I changed my old HD for an SSD and since then I feel like I have a new macbook, and it's working great with Sierra.

The features I most enjoyed in Sierra are definitely the PiP, which I really, really appreciate and the integration with Siri.

For me it's working great so far.

What do you dislike?

I actually don't dislike anything. Maybe I just hoped it would have more visual changes.

As I quoted before, the PiP helped me a great deal because it allows me to watch video classes and type the class summary at the same time, and since I work with transcription I can watch the videos I need to transcript and type simultaneously.

It spears a lot of time.

"The BEST!!"

What do you like best?

I'm a former Windows user, who decided to switch to Apple when I bought a Macbook Pro. As a result, I had to change the operating system and start using MacOS Sierra. It 's extremely lightning, the start happens in a flash and any operation does it in the best way without hesitation, even just turned on! The updates are decided by the user if they can be installed or not, they are not installed automatically, perhaps when the PC is turned off. I consider myself satisfied with the purchase made and I would do it again 1000 times !!!

What do you dislike?

After a few months using MacOS sierra, a flaw of the system was presented on the web. Just enter some data in the credentials field and the system is unlocked as an admin user!

The initial scare was quite high, but the manufacturer in a few hours distributed a patch that solved the problem!

I can feel fully satisfied!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Another point in its favor lies in the support, via chat or phone can solve any problem without hesitation. Keep in touch with you for as long as necessary.

Software development as a passion and with windows you have the compatibility of almost all the programs I thought therefore to be slowed down with a Mac operating system, instead it was just the opposite, I had the opportunity to increase productivity simply by changing OS...

macOS Sierra review by User in Computer Software

"Rock solid stability and performance keeps me planted in the Apple ecosystem."

What do you like best?

As the title suggest, I love the performance and stability. I am at heart a *nix developer and the fact macOS is BSD based and has what I still consider the absolute best UX of any OS on the market, there isn't much for me to complain about (though there are some).

What do you dislike?

The movement of development on the OS on a front-end basis is moving like molasses. I think there is much more attention needed to keep the features modern. I also wish they would modernize automation. AppleScript is dated, and now that swift is on the scene, I would love to see it used as the scripting language for Automator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is nothing to think about, make the switch. You will be glad you did.

I do ALL of my software development on the Mac. You can say that for other OS's. Of course this is in large part due to the fact Apple does not allow you to develop software without a Mac (yes, even with Xamarin you still need a Mac). Plus the fact the back end is BSD, I am able to develop most of what I need for *nix environments as well (with a little tweaking).

macOS Sierra review by Kellie J C.
Kellie J C.

"macOS Sierra works well"

What do you like best?

I like the new ability to use Siri. I also like some of the newer graphics. The OS seems to perform fine as well. I haven't noticed a lot of noticeable changes, so i think they are more 'under the hood'.

What do you dislike?

I miss a couple of functions that were previously useful. Either they are gone or i haven't found them yet. One was the ability to maximize a window without losing the menu bar across the top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is reliable and functions well for everyday use. It is responsive and smooth. As always Apple support is top notch. If i have any problems i can go online and get help almost immediately.

I am not solving any business problems. I have noticed an improved performance, which is always useful in daily use.

macOS Sierra review by Caio A.
Caio A.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

In macOS Sierra, apple has fixed a lot of stuff. It feel's more light and have a better performance compared to it's previous version (mac OSX El Capitan). It's definitely the better macOS version yet

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, some features like pip and airplay video are available in safari only, and some of them doesn't have a good support yet like pip. Siri still a shame like on iOS, she can do barely nothing and almost everything you ask her turn into a web search. I certainly wouldn't recommend upgrading it because of siri

Recommendations to others considering the product

macOS Sierra contains great features like better performance, pip, airplay as a sound output and much more. I certainly would consider upgrading!

I use macOS mostly to develop web, android and iOS apps, and I just LOVE it

"macOS Sierra Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to smoothly multitask, which I find lot superior to the windows operating system.

When one application stops responding, the other applications are completely unaffected. The affected application can be easily killed using the task manager.

The animations, file system, terminal everything is good. I find the UI user-friendly too. Feels like the best parts of Windows and Ubuntu are taken together to make mac OS Sierra.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that the airdrop functionality fails to discover new devices. It's only after multiple attempts at restarting Bluetooth I am able to find the new devices to transfer to.

Second minor thing is the UI though friendly might feel boring after a while.

I use the OS for my work which involves surfing internet a lot, using multiple IDE's like IntelliJ, Android Studio, and PyCharm. All the IDE's work smoothly even after with a lot of tabs open in the web browser.

Secondly, I use it to for the personal purpose of writing a lot, consuming a lot of media.

I find myself satisfied with both the use cases.

macOS Sierra review by User in Higher Education

"For me, it's the best macOS yet, and it just keeps getting better!"

What do you like best?

Beautiful, seamless, doesn't crash... What's not to like? I mean, it's MAC. I have been upgraded to about five major new OSx versions for FREE since I got my Mac, and have to pay through the nose to be blessed with whatever Microsoft's latest joke of an OS is, so I'd say that has a major bonus. Couple that with the fact that a mac machine will last you at least five times longer than a PC, and you're paying more for the PC every time. Just sayin'.

Sierra's new features, integrated Siri, and so many other things make it fantastic. I'd say if your Mac will handle it, just update. It's well worth it! Handoffs to and from watch, more integration for your devices! It's super sweet!

What do you dislike?

As usual, the update process is a bit clunky, but seriously that's the only thing I could comment on. Seemed like it installed pretty quick, and I have had no issues since installation. I am not at all dissatisfied, and haven't been dissatisfied in a major OSx release, frankly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just upgrade if your machine can handle it! You won't be disappointed!

I can't comment on that, but I can tell you it has sped up my computing since there are a lot of great new desktop features, etc.

macOS Sierra review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Loving Sierra"

What do you like best?

I personally enjoy having Siri available on my Mac! Downloading and installing Sierra was a breeze and accomplished without issue. Overall, it seems my macOS runs a bit smoother with Sierra, especially photos and online! I also notice my iPhone 6s appears to be a bit more compatible with my MacBook...not sure if coincidence or not but either way it's noticeable.

What do you dislike?

I have seemed to run into snags online (slowdown periods) as well as some software running a bit slower, not sure if this is related to Sierra or something else. Otherwise I have used my Mac without issue since downloading and installing Sierra and have only noticed more positive differences than negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be concerned about having issues with the new software/update. Enjoy all the perks such as Siri and enhanced apps (photos). I am still finding new things :)

Remote desktop and cloud features run smoothly without issue. I have enjoyed being able to use Siri while working throughout my day. This allows me to find an answer to something without having to stop working :)

macOS Sierra review by Stefano C.
Stefano C.

"Sierra the state-of-art of the operating system"

What do you like best?

Siri is a major feature, long awaited and well supported. Overall Sierra it's not heavy update and it seems to keep the computer still very fast and always responsive as it should be.

What do you dislike?

Cloud-base storage is not the final solution. The idea to store "old" files in somebody else computer (aka cloud's storage) doesn't sound good, user might have old files with old (but still working) passwords or sensitive documents that must stay local. In addition the bottle-neck of our era is not the local storage but the access to networks and the data stream.

Research in applied engineering through detector construction for High Energy Physics particle experiment.

"macOS with Siri"

What do you like best?

Upgrading from El Capitan, Sierra improve OSX now macOS in many incremental ways. Some of my favorite:

-Universal Copy and Paste, you can now copy and paste from an iPhone or iPad right into macOS

-Unlock macOS with Apple Watch

-iCloud integration is nice especially when you're dealing with multiple macbooks.

What do you dislike?

So happens to break some of our internal tools thus migration here is slow. Siri is a very awesome feature but in the office, it gets a bit weird if everyone starts asking Siri to search for files therefore in the office this feature is pretty much not used.

Also Bugs - unlocking with apple watch does not always work. Coming from a developer however, that is the only issue I've found while using Sierra in its infancy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to verify that all of your software is compatible with Sierra and if the benefits of migrating is worth it. At my office - the benefits are minor at best for development.

macOS is my favorite operating system and having a unified ecosystem with apple creates seamless integration with out development tools.

"Not for Old Macs!!"

What do you like best?

the best feature of this new OS is probably the safari changes, particularly protecting our browsing and blocking product ads generated from searches. but, i dont even use safari, so the update hasnt done much for me.

What do you dislike?

i have a really old mac - 2009 - and this really messed up my system when i first installed it. my application icons werent showing up on the dock at first startup, and then when i tried to restart... there was no text/content appearing anywhere on my mac. just, question marks and boxed whenever i opened up any windows. i had to safe reboot to get my mac back functioning normally.

other than the changes on safari, benefits are not that significant. so if you dont use safari, and you have an old mac... dont risk the upgrade.

macOS Sierra review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"For a standard non-technical user, it's flawless."

What do you like best?

The speed and screen capabilities are my favorite parts of this OS. It's super crisp and very, very easy to use. Restarts and loads super quickly. Really responsive which is huge for a recruiter who needs to be on their toes at the drop of a hat.

What do you dislike?

Nothing sticks out as a con in regards to this product. Biggest thing I can think of is the automatic resizing of the display when you hook it up via HDMI but even this is easy to fix. Again super intuitive.

Intuitive makes it incredibly easy for any new user during onboarding.

"new to macOS Sierra"

What do you like best?

After a little trouble with the installation process (probably due to El Capitan), I must say I am having no troubles with this system. I am using SIRI (which is cool) and learning more about the system.

What do you dislike?

So far, my programs seem to be running a bit slower. An apple technician told me that it would take a few days for macOS Sierra to run well, mostly because it is categorizing my photos by location, which would make it run slower. He said there is no way to stop this process. So I await a faster smoother processing speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that it may take some time for all your programs to run at optimum speed. Pricing was not applicable to me because Apple offers free upgrades for Mac users.

None so far.

macOS Sierra review by Administrator

"Great and mostly trouble free operating system "

What do you like best?

Simplicity and performance of this version of OS X . It has pretty much been rock solid for our uses.

What do you dislike?

Earlier releases did have some issues with integrating with our Active Directory environment, but this has been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you keep up with updates and patches to keep your systems secure. Training is also a great idea for your users if they are not native Mac users.

Our Marketing and Creative department are users of Macs and Sierra has allowed them be more productive with a lot of the integrated features inside of Sierra.

macOS Sierra review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Not the best version"

What do you like best?

I like the siri update, the start up speed, but there's more to be improved.

What do you dislike?

The update messed up my keyboard reaction speed, sometimes it would holds the command key, and doesn't release it when I do, I thought it was my keyboard's fault, but after switching different keyboard, the same thing happens, the laptop keyboard it self reacted naturally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish issues and bugs can be fixed asap, and also options to go back to old version via software download, but I don't think it will be an option in the near future, which is really sad.

daily mac usage, work, drawing, checking e-mails, voice calls and facetime, web browsing, online shopping, making videos, watching movies.

"OS Sierra Club"

What do you like best?

I love the new storage manage feature. I am some who always has storage on my mind when it comes to my computer. Doing photography means that space can fill up real quick if I forget to move things off the hard drive and on to ext. storage. Having the OS move things for me has been a dream.

What do you dislike?

Safari. It seems to work on about 95% of the web. I keep at it because I am not a firefox or google fan, but when I am designing a web site build I use chrome because the inspection tools are better and easier to use. There are times, more and more often that safari just does not work. I mean it just stops cannot click or anything and I have to reload. Also Siri. Siri is far behind everyone else out and most of the time cannot find what I need.

The storage feature has been a god sent in keeping me going and not having to take time and move things to the cloud or an ext. drive. It keeps my machine running at a high speed. I am no longer slowed down because my HD is full or almost full with old files that I have not open in months.

macOS Sierra review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Mac OS Sierra Review on MacBook Pro with Touchbar"

What do you like best?

The interface is very clean, minimal, and with the latest updates it runs lightning fast, both on a brand new laptop (MacBook Pro with Touchbar), and and older desktop (2011 iMac). Apple Pay is integrated, so its easier to make purchases online securely without digging for a credit card, and the integration with iCloud and Microsoft One Drive is deep — all my files are quickly accessible in the Finder, without the need to log into websites. Rich links in the message allow you to view videos, website previews without having to click to open a browser.

What do you dislike?

The integration of Siri seems a bit forced, and doesn't seems all that integrated; Thats compounded because on my MacBook Pros with Touchbar, I'm frequently hitting the Siri button above the 'Delete' key by mistake.

At our nonprofit, we use Macs for our editorial content, and video and photo editing and management. Macs have always been our preferred computer of choice, and with Sierra we can synchronize files across devices, we have a great system on which our pro-level editing software runs smoothly, and there are continual improvements to the OS (rather than frequent security updates like with Windows).

macOS Sierra review by Marc F.
Marc F.

"MacOS gets better with each update!"

What do you like best?

There are a couple of differences in the user interface, however. You can use tabs, for example, in a wide range of first- and third-party apps, rather than just Safari (and other web browsers). It's a small enhancement but a highly logical one, and should make the bulk of commonly used apps noticeably more convenient to use for multitasking.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, everything in this upgrade is exactly what was needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More efficient operating system with enhancements make one experience better.

More efficient

macOS Sierra review by User in Higher Education

"MAC OSX Sierra puts your information at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

MAC OSX allows enables you to run and switch between applications with ease. It also enables you to have multiple accounts on one computer for different purposes.

What do you dislike?

I am not as impressed with the cloud functionality. Accessing information in the cloud is not as easy as it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product once you get a feel for it. I think it will get even better over time.

I am using it to work from home on projects

macOS Sierra review by Alyssa A.
Alyssa A.

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

There aren't a whole bunch of huge differences from the former version, but it is defiantly a smooth operating system. I love my Mac!

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while my Mac will stop working while I'm using an app. Most of the time I am able to resore what I was doing before, but it does get annoying when I'm not able to restore my projexts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have loved all of Mac's OS software and wouldn't use anything else!

Design and communication needs.

macOS Sierra review by Scott W.
Scott W.

"Not much to say for enterprises"

What do you like best?

Integration with Siri is a plus for home users, but the fact that everything recorded on Siri is stored in Apple's servers makes it a potential security issue for enterprises.

What do you dislike?

Apple in general is gathering more and more information on its users via the use of Siri, Spotlight, etc. This is a problem for enterprises concerned about intellectual property.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OS Sierra offers nothing new in terms of enterprise capabilities over El Capitan. There were problems in the beginning with accounts being locked out when upgrading to OS Sierra.

Keeping options open for employees in terms of operating systems. It would be a mistake to force employees to use a specific OS when they are more familiar with another one.

macOS Sierra review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"My favorite operating system"

What do you like best?

Mac OS Sierra is a very clean, easy to use operating system with a lot of power behind the beautiful interface.

What do you dislike?

Upgrading from El Capitan to Sierra there wasn't much of a different besides the very popular Siri. And working in an office environment It is just impractical to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you own a Mac then you might as well upgrade to this FREE version. If you are on a Windows machine I would suggest investing in a Mac.

Everyone knows that Windows has so many flaws especially when it comes to malware and Trojans. Although Mac's do have them as well they are far few in between.

macOS Sierra review by User in Financial Services

"MacOS Sierra"

What do you like best?

Siri

Better security

Some issues (wifi etc) of El Capitan got fixed

Better iMessage

Apple Pay

What do you dislike?

Some apps are not compatible. Universal clipboard took some time to make it work. The features are not groundbreaking but more like enhancements to current apps or extension of existing features from mobile to desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a free upgrade. Very stable and have no issues so far using it. Takes less storage and no more issues like low storage or wifi signal drop.

Being a home as well as business user of Mac OS, I won't say it solve any problems but fixed some issues like storage space or spotty wifi connections. I welcomed enhancements like Siri, Apple Pay, Universal clipboard.

macOS Sierra review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Good OS - as long as you don't install new updates right away"

What do you like best?

File search process is intuitive, and the dock provides quick access to frequently used programs

What do you dislike?

The last update created an excessive number of glitches and performance hiccups. I don't like being their uncompensated guinea pig. They should do more thorough testing before releasing updates for general public.

Recommendations to others considering the product

wait a while before installing updates, unless they are specifically security updates.

This OS is generally more stable than Windows in my experience.

macOS Sierra review by Harry S.
Harry S.

"Simply The best OS"

What do you like best?

Very Stable

Made for the hardware it runs on

Very fast boot from SSD

Intuitive

Plays nice with Windows based networks

Free Updates

What do you dislike?

Can't write to NTFS volumes without 3rd Party Software

Limited Software compared to Windows

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple has the best support

Letting machines just run

macOS Sierra review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Uso Mac OS desde el 2012."

What do you like best?

La estructura del S.O. es excelente, apoyada en Unix, donde los procesos son independientes de tal manera que cada uno tiene sus propios recursos y no afecta el rendimiento de los demás.

What do you dislike?

Que no consigo MS Project para este S.O.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomiendo, excelente S.O.

Estabilidad, velocidad, agilidad, han hecho que pueda reaccionar mas rápido a las necesidades de mis clientes.

macOS Sierra review by Administrator

"Best OS for avoid drivers problems and with unix-like kernel"

What do you like best?

You don't have to care about the drivers for the computer. You can work from terminal like working from a Linux OS with the facilities of an Apple computer. Really stable and with periodic updates and big community.

What do you dislike?

Some bugs about security with Keychain. Problems with the new hardware releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really stable OS with almost no drivers problems. A lot of software available for the platform.

Computers with almost the whole company. Really good for developers and designers. Also really good for marketing and management profiles.

macOS Sierra review by Anais C.
Anais C.

"Sophisticated and clean! "

What do you like best?

It is much simpler to navigate through the system, everything is in one place now and you have a lot more control over what you can use.

What do you dislike?

I still do not like how the MacOS connects to standard educational smart boards.

Benefits are a simple and elegant interface that is easy to navigate.

macOS Sierra review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Mac just got better!"

What do you like best?

Optimized storage. I can now see how much space I have and adjust and optimize my files. No more wondering what "Other" means.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could use "Hey Siri"! Also, I am disappointed that lyrics does not show up like they said. You have to upload it your self.

I am able to see and work with other apps seamlessly. Also with clipboard if I am on my mack i can send things to my iPad with ease.

macOS Sierra review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"A couple new features and runs smoother than El capitan"

What do you like best?

It is a little faster than Yosemite and the Siri addition is a nice touch for hands free search

What do you dislike?

It didn't add too many new features, seems a little lackluster.

Ability to run older MacOS servers and use it to install on repaired computers as needed.

macOS Sierra review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Best computer operating system I've ever used."

What do you like best?

I have been a windows user my entire life and recently made the switch to Mac. I will never go back to windows.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is somewhat steep but the salesperson at the Apple store was very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend MAC Sierra to anyone wanting to use technology. Simply put, it's the best on the market.

I am able to do so many things at one time. I work with several different nonprofits in a consulting role and I am able to work on lots of different things simultaneously.

macOS Sierra review by Umang S.
Umang S.

"No virus No hang"

What do you like best?

The best I like about OS X is it do not get viruses or hang.

What do you dislike?

Is not compatible with all. Sometime you do not get drivers etc.

All the business problems. It's part of my work.

macOS Sierra review by Jamie L.
Jamie L.

"macOS Sierra"

What do you like best?

macOS Sierra can take some getting used to if you've always used computers with Windows. But once you love an apple product...you never want to go back.

What do you dislike?

I hate that it takes some time to learn.

It really helps having the system to navigate customers that are using the system

macOS Sierra review by User in Computer Software

"They just keep getting better"

What do you like best?

I like that mac is forever improving their OS. Bugs are fixed and everything becomes more streamlined.

What do you dislike?

It takes forever to install so make sure to do so on your lunch break

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mac has the OS all figured out

Day to day workflows on a computer

macOS Sierra review by User

"macOS Siera - Possibly the best yet from Apple"

What do you like best?

Speed increase and stability over El Capitan

What do you dislike?

Not a big fan of Siri on the mac, but have not really given it a full test yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend it.

All projects are monitored on the Mac and Siera has been extremely stable.

"Stable OS for Mac"

What do you like best?

Updates, stability, compatibility with a lot of software and hardware, very few bugs or glitches.

What do you dislike?

With High Sierra launched, it has no sense to have Sierra installed.

Its stability causes no freezes at work.

macOS Sierra review by User

"Intuitive, clean user interface"

What do you like best?

This is Apple at its best. No bugs, no hiccups, just clean processing.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything that I dislike.

This runs the one laptop I use for everything in my business. If it didn't work, I couldn't work.

macOS Sierra review by Melinda L.
Melinda L.

"Mac os"

What do you like best?

The screen and speed is so crisp! I have no worries when opening up my MacBook.

What do you dislike?

The limited screensavers availability to use

A secure platform for financial services

macOS Sierra review by Kunal S.
Kunal S.

"Mac OS - Sierra Review"

What do you like best?

User interface

Apps look great

Graphics are excellent

What do you dislike?

Gets stuck sometimes

After a while loading times get longer

Quick and fast result.

macOS Sierra review by User in Research
User in Research

"Mac OS Sierra Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using my terminal and the integreation with various work programs and packages.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I miss the ability to personalize things more that you get with a PC machine.

I realized that it's much easier to solve issues with other people using your programs if you are running it all the same way with the same system to start.

macOS Sierra review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Best update for MAC in years"

What do you like best?

Better picture and usage of programs. Faster speeds and higher levels of understanding. I love the speed and accuracy.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time to download can take up to hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and definitely worth the price

Faster uploading for websites. Ease of knowing where to go and how to use.

macOS Sierra review by Administrator in Computer Software

"MacOS Sierra has been very stabled "

What do you like best?

MacOS Sierra has been very stabled, there hasn't been any know vulnerabilities like the high sierra and its SUDO accounts.

What do you dislike?

Im a big apple fan so its very difficult to dislike their products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait until HighSierra is all fixes then upgrade

im able to create certs, ssh all with their Terminal app.

macOS Sierra review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Best Mac OS yet"

What do you like best?

Streamlined, fast, secure. Easy to deploy and update.

What do you dislike?

No complaints, this OS has met and exceeded all requirements and expectations.

Airdrop allows for fast an easy file sharing, built in security drastically lowers our IT overhead as well as overall better uptime as compared to a PC environment.

"macOS Sierra"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the speed and the smooth touches on the display.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that notification show up too slow.

My work uses macOS Sierra as the main system to function throughout the whole school in terms of holding student records and paperwork.

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the speed of Sierra and how it is very easy to maneuver

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application randomly shuts down but very rarely

I realized it is convenient in the work environment because of its effectiveness to save files easily

"Daily workon a Mac"

What do you like best?

The reliability of the system is the key advantage over competitors.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that external harddrive format is not always compatible with other OS systems.

Multisoftware analyses of high definition images.

macOS Sierra review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Review "

What do you like best?

It flows nicely and I don’t really have any issues with it.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any specific dislikes for OS Sierra

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommenda

None

Learning about macOS Sierra?

* We monitor all macOS Sierra reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.