Apple Mail

Mail makes it easy to manage all your email from a single, ad-free inbox. It features powerful search capabilities. Supports Gmail, MS Exchange, and others.

Work for Apple Mail?
Ibmnotes email  2x

Learning about Apple Mail?

Apple Mail Reviews

Showing 63 Apple Mail reviews
Apple Mail review by <span>Amanda H.</span>
Amanda H.

Separating Browser from Mail

What do you like best?

I love that fact that Apple Mail enables you to view your mail while not having to open the web browser to do so. I enjoy keeping the 2 elements separate.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find a flaw apparent to me with the Apple Mail software. I enjoy using it and the ease of using it with my Apple products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple Mail is a great tool to use when you have an Apple product--it comes free with your product purchase, and it is an easy to use program. The ease of not having to go to a web browser to open your email and have it remember your password is excellent!

Apple mail makes it extremely easy to open my mail and send my mail without having to go through the process of opening a web browser that requires frequent repeated log in and password typing. You only need to log into Apple Mail once and it remembers and keeps your password, instantly opening your mail when you open the program .

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apple Mail
Apple Mail review by <span>Connor B.</span>
Connor B.

Reliable Email Application

What do you like best?

The thing that I like best about Apple Mail is the fact that I am able to import email accounts from any email service provider and access them all from the application. Apple Mail enables me to check my Outlook, Gmail and iCloud email addresses all from its application. All I have to do is enter my login credentials one single time to import the account and then my email is accessibile from Apple Mail. Once I open the Apple Mail application, all of my email accounts are there and I can do searches throughout all of the accounts or by one account at a time which is a convenient feature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of space that Apple Mail takes up on my phone. It takes up more space than any other application on my device and can be slow at times, depending on how many email messages I have in the application. At times, checking my email can take a while and while Apple Mail is connecting and checking my email, it freezes and nothing else can be done. There have been many times when I have had to force the application to close and manually restart it after it freezes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Apple Mail to anyone who uses iOS devices - since this application will only work on these. It is good because no matter what email provider you use, you can access it from Apple Mail. You can have as many email accounts as you want on Apple Mail and check them all at once without having to re-enter your username and passwords. It is a pretty convenient application and makes life so much easier.

Apple Mail has been a huge benefit to my company because we use several email accounts. Apple Mail allows us to check them all from one application, instead of having to log in and out of one email address at a time and go from one email account to the next in order to check them all. It has been extremely convenient for one of my secure work email accounts - instead of having to go through the security check each time I need to check my mail, it only needs to be entered once with Apple Mail and then I am good to go.

What Email solution do you use?

Apple Mail review by <span>Chase C.</span>
Chase C.

Good Email Application for IOS Devices

What do you like best?

I like many features about Apple Mail. I feel that many of its features are enhanced and I like that they are continually making updates to the application. The feature that I like most about Apple Mail is that it allows you to use any existing email account - whether its Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, iCloud (to name only some) - you can access them all via Apple Mail. I also like the fact that you can use Apple Mail to access multiple email accounts at one time. No more do I have to switch back and forth between websites or applications in order to check my multiple work and personal email accounts. The Apple Mails enables me to check them all from one application. I also like the fact that Apple Mail is integrated with Apple Calendar. This is a useful feature because when I receive email invitations, I have it set up so Apple Mail and Apple Calendar automatically sync. So, events that are emailed to me are automatically saved to my calendar in real time.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I have found to dislike about Apple Mail. I appreciate its compatibility, enhanced features and convenience. The only thing that I could say that I dislike about Apple Mail is the amount of space that it takes up on my devices. I do have a lot of work emails that can't be deleted and take up space but that is the downfall to any application that you have downloaded on your device rather than a website that you visit to check your email. When you visit a website to check your email, no space is taken up on your device. The more space that is used for my email, the less space I have for documents and other important things. Also, the more space that is used, the slower the application works and loads email. This can be frustrating. Sometimes it can take five minutes to update and check all of my email accounts in Apple Mail and while they are loading, the screen is frozen and nothing else can be accomplished.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Mail for anyone who using the IOS operating system. It is a good service because of its compatibility with other Apple applications like Apple Maps and Apple Calendar. It is also good because it allows you to be logged in to multple email accounts - which can all be from different email providers - all from one application. This makes checking your emails super convenient. I definitely recommend.

Apple Mail has been good because my business requires me to always be available and responsive via email. Because of this, I require an email application that is always running and automatically checks my emails for me and notifies me when one is received. This means that I need an application for my email and that I can't rely on an internet based email provider that requires me to login and continually monitor. For all of these reasons, Apple Mail has proven important and beneficial to my professional life.

Apple Mail review by <span>Kenny U.</span>
Kenny U.

My Favorite Email Application

What do you like best?

There are many features that I like about Apple Mail. I like that I can use Apple Mail, a single application, to view all of my email accounts. Apple Mail allows me to use my Outlook work email address, my Gmail work email address and my iCloud work email address all from one single application. These are just the few emails that I use with my Apple Mail but I now it is compatible with almost every kind of email address. This is great because I'm not having to check three or four difference places to get all of my emails - I can use Apple Mail to check all of the email addresses from one place. This saves a lot of time for me....

What do you dislike?

I dislike how much time Apple Mail takes to load. Since I have been using it for so long and for all of my work email addresses, I have a lot of email messages in my Apple Mail application and it always takes a ton of time to load - especially when I am trying to do a search. The searches take so long to appear - especially when there are a lot of results. Sometimes, the dates on the email searches are incorrect and appear as 01/01/1969 for all of the email search results.... This date issue fixes itself when I close the application and redo the search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Mail for anyone who uses multiple email accounts because it allows you to import them so they can all be accessed from a single application. You can send an email from any email address that you choose - simply by picking the email address you want to send from a drop down box. Also, Apple Mail makes searching through multiple email accounts a breeze. You can do a single search and results will be returned from all email addresses in your Apple Mail - or, you can choose to search a single email account.

Apple Mail has benefited my company because when I am emailed an appointment, event or location and I receive it to my Apple Mail application, I have it set up so that it is automatically sent to my Apple Maps and Apple Calendar. This allows me to easily navigate to a location with Apple Maps without having to retype in the address that was emailed to me. Even more efficient is how Apple Mail is compatible with Apple Calendar. It ensures that no events or appointments are overlooked because they are automatically added to my calendar. This saves time and ensures nothing is overlooked.

Apple Mail review by <span>Stefan B.</span>
Stefan B.

Despite some limitations, still very usable mail client

What do you like best?

It is integrated and optimised for mail (and not for calendars, tasks and other purposes). This keeps the software fairly minimalistic. There is support for Exchange, GMail, IMAP, POP etc... In fact, I never directly read my GMail in the browser.

While my colleagues work on Windows and prefer Outlook, I usually have no problems collaborating on my Mac. And I have the feeling that it is less heavy than Outlook, which tries to be everything and even more.

I especially like the lighting fast searching throughout all my mailboxes (thanks to spotlight indexing).

What do you dislike?

The account management is shared between the os and the software and your iCloud account, which may occasionally re-create accounts you don't need anymore.

Syncing read status between my iPhone and my laptop is not fully working with the way my company's mail is setup, but works for other mail providers.

I've had a few cases where my mail blocked, due to corrupted mboxes. This could take some tinkering. Loading off old mails to a local or archive mailbox may help things a bit. But luckily this only happened a few times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are allowed in your company to use it, I can recommend it on macOS. For most mail providers, it works just fine.

It is my main (and only) mail reader on macOS. The only time I use Outlook are on Windows or when I need to do a mail-merge from a Word document.

Apple Mail review by <span>Krista B.</span>
Krista B.

Easy Easy Easy

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Apple Mail is that I can access my go daddy work email right from my apple mail app on my Mac and my phone. It makes my work life much easier.

What do you dislike?

it laggs a lot. Sometime I need to force close it, thats more of an issue with apple then the app I feel like

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy and efficient to use. Wonderful features, like rules, smart filters, signatures, templates and much more.

I love that I can create smart folders. This eliminates having to drag emails into folders. I just create a smart folder with someones email, click on it and EVERYTHING is there. From there I can search the folder to pin point exactly what I am looking for.

Learning about Apple Mail?

* We monitor all Apple Mail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.