Apple Mail

Mail makes it easy to manage all your email from a single, ad-free inbox. It features powerful search capabilities. Supports Gmail, MS Exchange, and others.

Work for Apple Mail?

Learning about Apple Mail?

Apple Mail Reviews

Showing 64 Apple Mail reviews
Apple Mail review by <span>Amanda H.</span>
Amanda H.

"Separating Browser from Mail"

What do you like best?

I love that fact that Apple Mail enables you to view your mail while not having to open the web browser to do so. I enjoy keeping the 2 elements separate.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find a flaw apparent to me with the Apple Mail software. I enjoy using it and the ease of using it with my Apple products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple Mail is a great tool to use when you have an Apple product--it comes free with your product purchase, and it is an easy to use program. The ease of not having to go to a web browser to open your email and have it remember your password is excellent!

Apple mail makes it extremely easy to open my mail and send my mail without having to go through the process of opening a web browser that requires frequent repeated log in and password typing. You only need to log into Apple Mail once and it remembers and keeps your password, instantly opening your mail when you open the program .

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apple Mail
Apple Mail review by <span>Connor B.</span>
Connor B.

"Reliable Email Application"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like best about Apple Mail is the fact that I am able to import email accounts from any email service provider and access them all from the application. Apple Mail enables me to check my Outlook, Gmail and iCloud email addresses all from its application. All I have to do is enter my login credentials one single time to import the account and then my email is accessibile from Apple Mail. Once I open the Apple Mail application, all of my email accounts are there and I can do searches throughout all of the accounts or by one account at a time which is a convenient feature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of space that Apple Mail takes up on my phone. It takes up more space than any other application on my device and can be slow at times, depending on how many email messages I have in the application. At times, checking my email can take a while and while Apple Mail is connecting and checking my email, it freezes and nothing else can be done. There have been many times when I have had to force the application to close and manually restart it after it freezes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Apple Mail to anyone who uses iOS devices - since this application will only work on these. It is good because no matter what email provider you use, you can access it from Apple Mail. You can have as many email accounts as you want on Apple Mail and check them all at once without having to re-enter your username and passwords. It is a pretty convenient application and makes life so much easier.

Apple Mail has been a huge benefit to my company because we use several email accounts. Apple Mail allows us to check them all from one application, instead of having to log in and out of one email address at a time and go from one email account to the next in order to check them all. It has been extremely convenient for one of my secure work email accounts - instead of having to go through the security check each time I need to check my mail, it only needs to be entered once with Apple Mail and then I am good to go.

What Email solution do you use?

Apple Mail review by <span>Chase C.</span>
Chase C.

"Good Email Application for IOS Devices"

What do you like best?

I like many features about Apple Mail. I feel that many of its features are enhanced and I like that they are continually making updates to the application. The feature that I like most about Apple Mail is that it allows you to use any existing email account - whether its Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, iCloud (to name only some) - you can access them all via Apple Mail. I also like the fact that you can use Apple Mail to access multiple email accounts at one time. No more do I have to switch back and forth between websites or applications in order to check my multiple work and personal email accounts. The Apple Mails enables me to check them all from one application. I also like the fact that Apple Mail is integrated with Apple Calendar. This is a useful feature because when I receive email invitations, I have it set up so Apple Mail and Apple Calendar automatically sync. So, events that are emailed to me are automatically saved to my calendar in real time.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I have found to dislike about Apple Mail. I appreciate its compatibility, enhanced features and convenience. The only thing that I could say that I dislike about Apple Mail is the amount of space that it takes up on my devices. I do have a lot of work emails that can't be deleted and take up space but that is the downfall to any application that you have downloaded on your device rather than a website that you visit to check your email. When you visit a website to check your email, no space is taken up on your device. The more space that is used for my email, the less space I have for documents and other important things. Also, the more space that is used, the slower the application works and loads email. This can be frustrating. Sometimes it can take five minutes to update and check all of my email accounts in Apple Mail and while they are loading, the screen is frozen and nothing else can be accomplished.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Mail for anyone who using the IOS operating system. It is a good service because of its compatibility with other Apple applications like Apple Maps and Apple Calendar. It is also good because it allows you to be logged in to multple email accounts - which can all be from different email providers - all from one application. This makes checking your emails super convenient. I definitely recommend.

Apple Mail has been good because my business requires me to always be available and responsive via email. Because of this, I require an email application that is always running and automatically checks my emails for me and notifies me when one is received. This means that I need an application for my email and that I can't rely on an internet based email provider that requires me to login and continually monitor. For all of these reasons, Apple Mail has proven important and beneficial to my professional life.

Apple Mail review by <span>Kenny U.</span>
Kenny U.

"My Favorite Email Application"

What do you like best?

There are many features that I like about Apple Mail. I like that I can use Apple Mail, a single application, to view all of my email accounts. Apple Mail allows me to use my Outlook work email address, my Gmail work email address and my iCloud work email address all from one single application. These are just the few emails that I use with my Apple Mail but I now it is compatible with almost every kind of email address. This is great because I'm not having to check three or four difference places to get all of my emails - I can use Apple Mail to check all of the email addresses from one place. This saves a lot of time for me....

What do you dislike?

I dislike how much time Apple Mail takes to load. Since I have been using it for so long and for all of my work email addresses, I have a lot of email messages in my Apple Mail application and it always takes a ton of time to load - especially when I am trying to do a search. The searches take so long to appear - especially when there are a lot of results. Sometimes, the dates on the email searches are incorrect and appear as 01/01/1969 for all of the email search results.... This date issue fixes itself when I close the application and redo the search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Mail for anyone who uses multiple email accounts because it allows you to import them so they can all be accessed from a single application. You can send an email from any email address that you choose - simply by picking the email address you want to send from a drop down box. Also, Apple Mail makes searching through multiple email accounts a breeze. You can do a single search and results will be returned from all email addresses in your Apple Mail - or, you can choose to search a single email account.

Apple Mail has benefited my company because when I am emailed an appointment, event or location and I receive it to my Apple Mail application, I have it set up so that it is automatically sent to my Apple Maps and Apple Calendar. This allows me to easily navigate to a location with Apple Maps without having to retype in the address that was emailed to me. Even more efficient is how Apple Mail is compatible with Apple Calendar. It ensures that no events or appointments are overlooked because they are automatically added to my calendar. This saves time and ensures nothing is overlooked.

Apple Mail review by <span>Stefan B.</span>
Stefan B.

"Despite some limitations, still very usable mail client"

What do you like best?

It is integrated and optimised for mail (and not for calendars, tasks and other purposes). This keeps the software fairly minimalistic. There is support for Exchange, GMail, IMAP, POP etc... In fact, I never directly read my GMail in the browser.

While my colleagues work on Windows and prefer Outlook, I usually have no problems collaborating on my Mac. And I have the feeling that it is less heavy than Outlook, which tries to be everything and even more.

I especially like the lighting fast searching throughout all my mailboxes (thanks to spotlight indexing).

What do you dislike?

The account management is shared between the os and the software and your iCloud account, which may occasionally re-create accounts you don't need anymore.

Syncing read status between my iPhone and my laptop is not fully working with the way my company's mail is setup, but works for other mail providers.

I've had a few cases where my mail blocked, due to corrupted mboxes. This could take some tinkering. Loading off old mails to a local or archive mailbox may help things a bit. But luckily this only happened a few times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are allowed in your company to use it, I can recommend it on macOS. For most mail providers, it works just fine.

It is my main (and only) mail reader on macOS. The only time I use Outlook are on Windows or when I need to do a mail-merge from a Word document.

Apple Mail review by <span>Krista B.</span>
Krista B.

"Easy Easy Easy"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Apple Mail is that I can access my go daddy work email right from my apple mail app on my Mac and my phone. It makes my work life much easier.

What do you dislike?

it laggs a lot. Sometime I need to force close it, thats more of an issue with apple then the app I feel like

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy and efficient to use. Wonderful features, like rules, smart filters, signatures, templates and much more.

I love that I can create smart folders. This eliminates having to drag emails into folders. I just create a smart folder with someones email, click on it and EVERYTHING is there. From there I can search the folder to pin point exactly what I am looking for.

Apple Mail review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Reliable and Convenient"

What do you like best?

Apple Mail has come in very handy in several situations mainly because it allows you to connect multiple different email addresses - from any email provider - all to the Apple Mail application. This allows for super quick email check in all of your connected email accounts all from a single application! It also offers really great sorting options, allowing you to search in all of your connected email addresses or pick to simply search from a single email account. All of this without having to sign in or out of your connected email accounts. Super easy and convenient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how much space this application takes up on my cell phone! It takes up more space than any other application I have ever had on my phone. In turn, since it takes up so much space, it also tends to slow down the speed of my device. It can be a huge hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Apple Mail for those who are looking for a single application that allows them to connect and easily manage multiple email accounts from any email service provider. It is easy to use and even better, it is secure and fast loading!

Apple Mail allows me to save time and money by being able to check my personal work email address as well as my work team email address all in one place. It is super easy to use and user friendly. It has saved me a lot of time and I recommend it to all of my coworkers.

Apple Mail review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"convenient but slow"

What do you like best?

It is convenient to use because it automatically syncs on my computer and my iphone. I really like that I can search and see all of my mail wherever I am, as I work remotely often. Also, it is nice to be able to have my personal email handy to send myself important information or trip updates, etc. // I also like that Apple Mail allows me to have all of my emails - gmail, yahoo, etc. in one application and I don't have to log into those pages individually.

What do you dislike?

While I do like checking mail on my iphone often, it sometimes does not load or find emails that I know I could easily find if I were on my Mac. Sometimes when I search for specific emails, I cannot find them on my phone - but when I search on the computer it is very simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple Mail is is simple to pair and use with your Apple products. It is convenient to always have access to your email, even on the go. I really like that through Apple mail, I can have both my business and personal accounts active at the same time & can send email from either easily right on my phone. It makes quick correspondence easy and very convenient.

Solving problems of being away from the office and still being able to keep in touch with urgent/important correspondence and being able to use iMail to quickly respond and read email.

Apple Mail review by <span>Joshua M.</span>
Joshua M.

"Clean, organized interface"

What do you like best?

Mail does what most of its competitors do, but the interface gets sleeker and sleeker. Signatures can be customized, quote levels changed, attachments are quick and easy, templates for party invites/birthdays/thank you.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I still prefer it to Gmail's interface, but I don't use advanced features that much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know a lot of people complain about Mail, but for the average user like me, it's great.

I handle all correspondence (business/personal) through Apple Mail. Because of the built-in "share" feature in Mac OS, it's very simple and hassle-free to share anything through email.

Apple Mail review by <span>Mahima G.</span>
Mahima G.

"Lotus Notes to Apple Mail"

What do you like best?

Apple Mail is truly considered as a best email app for those who are working with MAC OS. Through apple mail we can store our database in the iCloud space and free the hard devices.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I missed the few emailing facility that are offered by Lotus Notes.

Earlier I was used Lotus Notes as an email client but few drawback of it forced me to do Lotus Notes to Apple Mail Conversion. When I decided to opt Apple Mail as an Email Client then my colleague suggested me to opt Lotus Notes to Apple Mail Converter for safe and affordable conversion. Now I am very happy with my new Email app i.e. Apple Mail and can save lots money. Anyone can download the freely available tool from here: http://www.lotusnotestombox.com/apple-mail/

Apple Mail review by <span>Jennifer L R.</span>
Jennifer L R.

"Ease of Apple Mail"

What do you like best?

I like how Apple email is set up with the account with my apple computer. It is very easy to access my school email using the apple email instead of clicking on my bookmarks for the school email. Apple email is also very efficient and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like when I send email via apple; my name and credentials are not included as they are when I send an email through outlook. Having my credentials or email signature to my emails sometimes is important especially if I am emailing parents or other administrators/teachers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple Mail is easy to use but I am very used to having and using Outlook is my preference. I still utilize Apple mail but not as often as Outlook.

The business problems that I am solving are more personal since it is regarding my email. However, since it is my professional email that is used with apple email then, I guess once could say that it would be considered a business problem. I have seen the benefits of using apple email just to simply open the icon on my apple icon shelf and it opens without any problems. Easy to check email.

Apple Mail review by User

"Stopped using it!"

What do you like best?

I used to find it really nice to use with my Apple devices as it was just the default applications.

What do you dislike?

I would like Apple Mail to sort my emails into different categories like Gmail does. Also, it's system keeps crashing on my Mac. I've given up on using it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the default option for Apple products, so if you see that you are comfortable with it, that works. I, on the other hand, am not as enthusiastic and switched to other platforms.

I find that contact emails automatically open to Apple mail on my laptop. It's nice, but it always crashes. I don't see any unique benefits!

Apple Mail review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Apple Mail Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you can receive push notifications when emails are sent to your inbox. I also like the fact that you can access your email through a desktop application. There are only a few applications that are able to do so.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the interface of the program has not changed at all since the last operating system. I was hoping Apple would make major changes to the applications that have been with Apple for quite some time. Overall, I'm not a big fan of the way it's set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are the type to check your email constantly, this is a must-have application for Apple MacBook users. Although push notifications are great and all, I receive way too many notifications from Apple Mail. I wish there was some way I could filter out the mails I receive through push notifications. That would make things more convenient because it can make things quite tedious.

Well with email, it's simple. You receive messages to others and you send messages out to them. I believe that with this application specifically, it's solving the fact that I"m being more efficient when it comes to responding emails at a given time.

Apple Mail review by Administrator

"Good old classic that is ok, not more, not less"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, comes with mac os from the start so it's very easy set up and get started with.

It's very stable and "just works"

What do you dislike?

Rubbish search function, tricky to send HTML emails. It has not changed for a very long time and that makes it feel a bit dated unfortunately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at outlook and compare the two. Both have their pros and cons.

We can sent emails in an easy and basic way.

Apple Mail review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Great product for usage across Apple products"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and reliable. The functionality exceeds other products I have used for creating filters and signatures.

What do you dislike?

Filters do not apply to my GSuite account automatically, however I believe that is likely due to a restriction by Google.

Email management.

Apple Mail review by <span>Marc B.</span>
Marc B.

"Frustrating but essential"

What do you like best?

Apple Mail is easy to set up and there's no real need to look beyond it for a Mac email program. It does things like multiple accounts, smart folders and filters well.

What do you dislike?

The search function is very poor and often doesn't work for me. this may be because indexes need to be rebuilt. It will also give often login errors on accounts even though details are correct.

It's my main business and personal email program.

Apple Mail review by G2 Crowd User in Entertainment
G2 Crowd User in Entertainment

"Apple Mail is My Go To Mail App"

What do you like best?

I have all of my mail come to this one app. I don't have to log in to each mail application and I can also favorite (VIPS) people who emails are most important.

What do you dislike?

Program can be buggy sometimes and disconnect email accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Mac this is a great email app. it can handle heavy volumes of emails.

I have VIPs and smartboxes set up to make sure that the important emails are top priority.

Apple Mail review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"very clean and user friendly emailing system"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is easy and simple interface that everyone can use

What do you dislike?

dislike the fact that a lot of the features are unavailable or difficult to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would use this product if you are looking for an emailing service that is simple, clean and easy to use.

solving email in the office and having the whole team on the same emailing system

Apple Mail review by <span>Michelle L.</span>
Michelle L.

"It's not the best but I've learned to live with it."

What do you like best?

The best part of Apple Mail is the cost. The next best thing is that it's an Apple product and flows and functions like one. Adding new accounts is very easy, you don't have to add all those confusing mailbox addresses, it just figures it out.

What do you dislike?

It can be so much better but I think Apple is happy producing a product that is good enough for most people. It's frustrating because we know how good this company can be if they focus on a goal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone considering this has a Mac and it's on your Mac. I say, try adding a few accounts and you'll see how easy it is to use.

Easy email communications

Apple Mail review by <span>Brittany T.</span>
Brittany T.

"A must for Mac"

What do you like best?

If you have a Mac you know that this comes pre-installed and I absolutely love it! There were many a time when simply logging into the internet was not a good idea for various reasons. I love the clean and simple easy to use mail system installed on my Mac.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow at times. I did notice quite a lag in speed at certain times of the day and when i was in a low speed WiFi connection which are to be expected but no less annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Mac you will already have this program. Try it out!

I have been able to keep all my mail organized and efficient using this simple little program! i love it!

Apple Mail review by <span>Chris L.</span>
Chris L.

"Apple Mail is only Average."

What do you like best?

I like that you can have lots of different email addresses flowing to the same location.

What do you dislike?

I hate how hard it is to get everything across different email platforms flowing properly. I also have a lot of problems with outgoing mail being sent by the wrong smtp servers... they randomly switch, which make it a HUGE pain when emailing clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's the best thing out there... once it's set up correctly it is great... but if it's not set up perfect, you are in a world of hurt to get it to be correct.

Being able to check multiple email addresses at the same time for multiple accounts. I always get notified immediately which is obviously a good thing, as emails come in.

Apple Mail review by <span>Jeff L.</span>
Jeff L.

"Apple Mail Review"

What do you like best?

I tried to take the full plunge when switching from Windows to Mac. The great thing is that Apple Mail is integrated right into the OS already. Seemingly connects to various back end SMTP services.

What do you dislike?

Couldn't get it completely synced with my Gmail corporate accounts as I use folders extensively. They're called labels in Gmail, but folders in AppleMail. The folders would sync, but not the content within the folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would like to see Apple work more extensively with Google even though they compete. Apple does not have a robust enterprise-capable email backbone. The client is great, but needs to work better with other SMTP services.

Tried to move as much to the Mac as possible, but ended up needing to stay in the browser for email with Gmail.

Apple Mail review by <span>Brooke H.</span>
Brooke H.

"Apple mail review"

What do you like best?

I was able to keep myself organized in a way that was convenient for myself.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly for not tech savvy users who need more assistance.

I have realized it is easy to get in touch with my colleagues through Apple mail.

Apple Mail review by User in Computer Software

"Universal mail app transferable between multiple devices"

What do you like best?

It's a very clean, easy to use mail app that syncs with all Apple devices

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike. Solid mail app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use iOS apps, use the mail to sync them up

Sending and receiving daily emails

Apple Mail review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Apple Mail Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it is convenient on all of my portable devices.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any issues or complaints about my apple mail.

It is easy to contact all employee and connect them into one network.

Apple Mail review by <span>Jonathan P.</span>
Jonathan P.

"Easy and Organized is an Understatement"

What do you like best?

I love how clean the program works as well as how easy it is to use. The various ways to see your schedule and dates is very impressive. An even better feature is how your dates will sync together with many apps and emails.

What do you dislike?

If anything I disliked how some of my accounts (e.g. yahoo or live) would somehow get logged out and I would have to constantly log my accounts back on via typing my password. Doesn't seem like much of a hassle but just a window constantly popping up was a little aggravating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can, keep all your passwords for the different accounts the same or as similar as possible, because when asked to input your password to sync or refresh dates, I sometimes had trouble because some of my accounts used different passwords. Other than that, the program is great and does a wonderful job of presenting and organizing your events.

Apple Mail review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"High hopes but they never seem to get it past OK."

What do you like best?

It's free? It's a decent Mail application if you don't have the funds for Outlook.

What do you dislike?

It's just good enough for someone that just has basic needs. If you don't need email for work or rely on it to make money, then maybe this is good enough for you. Overall, it's just average.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering this and need to save money, it will do just enough. Don't expect any advance features.

It doesn't solve any business problems for me. It's my backup mail app if/when Outlook crashes.

Apple Mail review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"One Touch Mail"

What do you like best?

I would highly recommend this email access application because all in all its very organized. I would describe it as "One Touch Mail" capable because you can put all your email into one mailbox. By one mail box i mean you can set up multiple email accounts (yahoo, gmail, etc..) all into one mailbox for viewing. Or if you choose you can have them individual and check your mail based on your variety of email accounts. The other great thing is Apple Mail will be in-sync with all your Apple devices (Iphone, Ipad, Macbook, etc...).

What do you dislike?

What I noticed with Apple Mail, was periodically it would log me out when I wasn't accessing or using it and I would have to constantly type my password back in to re-access. It would only happen with yahoo and live email accounts. This may possibly be a default security feature with yahoo and live to protect the email account. Its not a big deal or problem but it was just the convenience factor that bothers me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a free application that is compatible and access-able to all Apple devices.

To my experience I have not solved any business problems or realized any benefits.

Apple Mail review by <span>Alejandro A. C.</span>
Alejandro A. C.

"Great option for Outlook users going Mac!"

What do you like best?

When I switched to Mac, I decided I didn't want to go half way, but would try to go all the way. Of course it's not that easy: I had something like 15 years using windows so shortcuts, and functionalities, and navigation through MS tools was something I had learnt so much that just thinking on using another software was scary.

But then I bought my Mac Book air and it came with Apple Email. Ok, it's not Outlook, I have to recognize that, but it does the same things and it doesn't crash as often. One of the facts that made more sense to me is the way it compresses data. My last pst file in Outlook was about 10 GBs, but when I looked at the same folder structure in Apple email, it's around 6 GBs right now. Haven't really looked into it, but it's nice to know that it's saving some space for me!

What do you dislike?

Well, I still need to get used to finding some stuff through the program. I still don't want to use outlook, but I have to admit it's interface is more comfortable for me, coming from a Windows world. I would say the interface in Apple mail could look a little bit more like outlook and that would improve adoption rates by a lot for guys switching like I did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't use a mac yet, this program helps you get used to it as email is the one thing we use more than a browser these days.

Apple Mail review by <span>Jenny P.</span>
Jenny P.

"Classic email management choice!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to manage multiple mailboxes through one server at a glance. I also like the various sort and organization features.

What do you dislike?

I view multiple mailboxes through my Apple mail account. Sometimes the rolling feature, where all related emails are "stacked" on top of each other, can be someone confusing. Also, sometimes pieces of mail get marked as "unread" before I read them just because the email is open and I'm in "another" box.

Managing potentially unmanageable levels of email.

Apple Mail review by User

"Apple mail review"

What do you like best?

It comes on all Apple products and is easily accessible for most email carriers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to get college emails onto the account and on occasion the emails don't go through right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

I use this app for school and business so it is convenient that it comes on Apple products without a download.

Apple Mail review by <span>Matt W.</span>
Matt W.

"The best native e-mail client around"

What do you like best?

I have a list of things I love about Apple Mail, but mostly I love the built-in Gmail and Exchange support. I can keep all of my email in once place and never worry about what Google is doing with their web interface, or what terrible things Microsoft has done to Outlook.com. Mail is efficient, robust, and keeps everything in one place where I need it. It also syncs perfectly with my iPhone and iPad so I am always on the same page, mobile or desktop.

What do you dislike?

The mailboxes can get a bit large and slow things down, but that's more user error than anything else. Don't keep everything and learn to simplify your email, and things will be fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Take the plunge, stop checking email on the web, and get a real mail client. Apple Mail is fantastic.

Apple Mail review by <span>Erin P.</span>
Erin P.

"Simple, organized mail platform"

What do you like best?

Clean layout and simple organization. Easy setup, and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I have major issues with email attachments from my Mac to Windows users. It frequently becomes an image in the email body rather than something separate that can be saved at the original size. Even messing with the attachment settings frequently has not solved the problem. Occasionally I’ll have some connectivity issues between Apple Mail and my company email server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren’t concerned about the attachment issue (maybe you are working between Macs more exclusively or just send zipped folders), Apple Mail is a great option. However, I use MS Outlook for the attachment reliability alone…it really is a big enough problem that forces me to use another program. I would still recommend Gmail above all else, though.

Apple Mail review by User in Computer Software

"Works great, better than web based mail"

What do you like best?

Does everything I need, works far better than any web based mail client. I use it for multiple accounts, private and work, and it works great.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It does everything I need and expect it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow instructions and it will be a breeze.

Email communication across accounts.

Apple Mail review by <span>Billy B.</span>
Billy B.

"Most Apple products are awesome, Mail is the exclusion."

What do you like best?

The look and simplicity of the Apple Mail UI is great. Sorting my emails by conversation is nice too. The filtering/rules works much better than those in Outlook.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is sending pictures as an attachment to others who receive them in Microsoft Outlook. It's 2013 and this is still an ongoing problem. If I type a message in the email body, then drag and drop a pic or go to Edit > Insert Attachment, the picture never comes through on their end as an attachment. Rather it comes through as an inline image and is usually reduced in size. The only way I have found to send a pic and it come through as an attachment is if there is no content/message in the email (so literally a blank email). When I do this, the email comes through in Outlook with the picture as an attachment. I've tried multiple settings and different ways of adding the attachment into the email (location of the insert-top,bottom,above/below signature) and nothing works properly. It;s very frustrating.

Another issue is with search. All the time I will search for an older email that I know is archived and search will not find it. So I will go back through the archive folder and scroll and scroll and eventually find it, but search didn't pick it up when it should have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on a Mac Apple Mail is still probably your best bet. Entourage and Thunderbird had issues when I use to use them. Even though I'm not 100% happy with Apple Mail, it's still the best available when using a Mac.

Apple Mail review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Apple mail review!"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and easy to read! I like the interface as well!

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I could think of right now!

Communicating with business partners efficiently

Apple Mail review by <span>Ruban K.</span>
Ruban K.

"Like IE for browsers"

What do you like best?

It fetches and sends emails. You can configure pop and imap accounts. You can have multiple inboxes. Send emails from the desktop. Smart mailbox has some interfaces like Today for filtering emails easily

What do you dislike?

Contacts and Calendar sync is not available. Comparatively the worst application in the industry. People who have already used Thunderbird and outlook or Gmail will feel like they are in hell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use this, if you are able to use other applications like thunderbird or outlook. But, web mail (like gmail) is preferred.

Apple Mail review by <span>Britten T.</span>
Britten T.

"Apple just makes GREAT products"

What do you like best?

One of my favourite things about switching over to a Mac about three years ago, was Apple Mail. As a PC user, I very rarely used Outlook because I found it cumbersome.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that I dislike about Apple Mail. I find it work great and have been nothing but happy with it since buying my Mac. In three years, I can't even remember a time that is has crashed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For users who are thinking of making the switch from a PC to an Apple, I would suggest that you do it! Make the switch! You won't regret it!

Apple Mail review by <span>Josh Harcus I.</span>
Josh Harcus I.

"Very glitchy. Try Gmail."

What do you like best?

I like that this tool downloads all of my mail in one place.

What do you dislike?

The tool is very difficult to use, and gmail is much easier. This is also hosted on the device verses gmail which is hosted online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a different one

Email management.

Apple Mail review by <span>Anthony d.</span>
Anthony d.

"Decent mail product, limited in terms of use and scope"

What do you like best?

Apple mail works, it really does. How well it works depends on how you use it and what platforms you use it on.

What do you dislike?

Outside of iPhones and macs running OSX, it has really limited use. Also not as many features as outlook or gmail.

Mail client for iPhone users.

Apple Mail review by <span>Christopher E.</span>
Christopher E.

"Inferior in Nearly Every Way"

What do you like best?

Integrability with other Mac products. It's easy to use because it comes pre-installed on Macs and is the default mail service.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything. It lacks features/ability to customize, it does not integrate well with non-Apple products, attachment compatibility problems, and more. Unlike most Apple products, this is not easy-to-use, intuitive, or helpful in just about any way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it. Delete it from your system or at least relieve it from its duty as your default email service if you have a Mac.

Apple Mail review by <span>Daniel L.</span>
Daniel L.

"The least compelling Apple iLife product"

What do you like best?

Simple interface. Easy interface to catch up on favorite blogs. Archives mail offline if desired.

What do you dislike?

In Snow Leopard (iLife 2011), I have seen a disorganized file system layout for archived content. Clunky and slow program. Does not use folders or tagging very well. Slow system for managing email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2013 as well and make your decision. When managing 40k personal emails, I would choose Outlook for Mac without a doubt.

Apple Mail review by <span>Kevin B.</span>
Kevin B.

"Email for Dummies, but thats not a bad thing"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Its a very simple setup to connect your email into one platform. There is no need for training or guides for anyone (I'm looking at you Lotus Notes.) Even your mom can use this easily and complaint free.

What do you dislike?

Searching isn't great on this, and the 'buttons' on the top are a bit small. It also can be a bit slow to update your inbox sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for home computers, when not needing to send 20 emails an hour.

Apple Mail review by <span>Mitch M.</span>
Mitch M.

"Great All In One Mail App"

What do you like best?

You can easily integrate all of you email addresses into the same inbox and it auto selects the email address it was sent to for a reply. It also allows you to save separate signatures for each mailbox. It's available across devices. Very simple interface and search feature. It also auto syncs with the contacts app.

What do you dislike?

NA

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can set up your own custom hot keys for any action in the app using Keyboard system preferences

Apple Mail review by <span>Bernardo D.</span>
Bernardo D.

"Simple mail client, if that's what you're looking for"

What do you like best?

Apple Mail is a nicely built client that integrates very well with your Mac and other iDevices. It's very simple in functionality but it does the basic very well.

What do you dislike?

Apple Mail is very simple, and if you're looking for more functions and for more features, such as integration with other applications (e.g. Dropbox, Box), this is not for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using other clients (e.g. Airmail) if you want to use an email client with greater functionality.

Apple Mail review by <span>John H.</span>
John H.

"A weak option"

What do you like best?

It comes standard with every Mac laptop, so you have an email client ready to go as soon as you fire it up.

What do you dislike?

As far as email software goes, Apple Mail is very lightweight and feature-poor. Every time I give it a try I am reminded why I never use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try if you like. Perhaps it will meet your needs. But most likely it won't.

Apple Mail review by <span>Kate F.</span>
Kate F.

"mac's version of outlook"

What do you like best?

Like outlook on windows, it's a good interface. Well designed for email needs.

What do you dislike?

But so buggy. One minute I'm connected, the next I'm not and it won't take my email information until I close and re-open the program. But again, if you HAVE to have an email client on mac it's your best option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

meh. don't use a desktop email client?

Apple Mail review by <span>Will W.</span>
Will W.

"I switched from Outlook to Apple Mail"

What do you like best?

It just works. I am on a Mac and had been using Outlook. Outlook was constantly causing my computer to "hang" with the spinning wheel, making me wait for it to catch up...leaving me with unproductive time throughout the day. At the recommendation of a coworker I opened Apple Mail, and set it as my default email client, and in no time, I was up and running. It grabbed all my mail and folders from Outlook, and required almost no set-up from me. I expected much more pain in making the switch.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Apple Calendar is not at tight as Outlook Mail/Calendar integration. But it's not a show-stopper to me -- it still works. It seems to have a few less mail features than Outlook, but quite honestly, I've forgotten what those features are now. I guess they weren't that important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a Mac user and you are feeling pains with Outlook, try switching. It's painless, and you can always go back if you aren't' happy.

Apple Mail review by <span>Jon J.</span>
Jon J.

"If you have to use a client, this is the best for Apple users"

What do you like best?

The interface is nice and clean. You can tell that was their intention. It's clear and concise. Nothing is vague. Navigating through mail is simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

It seems like oversimplifying has caused some issues. Some of the admin options seem to be missing advanced options that are available in other clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have to have a mail client, and you're using mac, this is probably your best bet.

Apple Mail review by <span>Scott A.</span>
Scott A.

"Apple Mail is simple and conveniently integrated for use with Safari and iOS."

What do you like best?

Setup is automatic, and works the first time. Previous experience with MS products left me expecting less of the application. Handy for quick replies, forwards, or question submissions on websites.

What do you dislike?

Interface and experience is a bit bland. Not really necessary if you are already using other services such as Yahoo mail or Gmail. Mail database may also unnecessarily take up space on hard drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since it is included and simple to set up it is useful to have configured. However, if you are already using a web based email service it is fairly simple to make that service just as convenient.

Apple Mail review by User in Computer Software

"Gets the job done and perfect for casual use."

What do you like best?

Easy to use and get basic email work done.If all you are looking to do is basic email for personal use and have a Mac, then look no further.

What do you dislike?

Its missing some key features which would make it a better product for business applications. For instance calendaring, contacts and email are not tightly integrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would look at Gmail as alternative if you are looking to use this for more than just casual personal uses.

Apple Mail review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"When Using Apple This is a Great Solution"

What do you like best?

Better than Thunderbird. I love that Apple finally is working out their kinks with Google App integration.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Apple would make is cleaner to manage multiple accounts. Thunderbird isn't super fantastic at this either, but I like my things in one place but distinctly separate. Maybe I a

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't think Apple has many other options when using their products.

Apple Mail review by <span>Jaken H.</span>
Jaken H.

"Not the best, but still alright"

What do you like best?

The software allows you to have multiple email accounts logged into one main account on your Apple Mail.

What do you dislike?

The software often has problems connecting to servers, and in general is just not up-to-par.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out other similar softwares first, such as Mozilla's Thunderbolt, or Microsoft Outlook.

Apple Mail review by <span>Shyam K.</span>
Shyam K.

"Simple, Easy, Straightforward"

What do you like best?

Its a simple easy to use straightforward mail client and a nice clean UI.

What do you dislike?

It could do with allowing more integration with other applications that are available out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple easy mail client - look no further. It will do the job.

Apple Mail review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great e-mail platform"

What do you like best?

Once you get your head around it, you will find out that it is faster than other e-mailing applications which are available on the market these days. It is build by Apple so it works great with all Apple devices.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it takes quite some time to learn how to use it and also that it is not updated very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out other emailing services before to make sure you can learn how to use this one easily.

Apple Mail review by <span>Bobby H.</span>
Bobby H.

"Aggregates all accounts into one location"

What do you like best?

It takes all of my email accounts and puts them in one place so I can check everything at once

What do you dislike?

Can be slow if dealing with large amounts of email

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on Apple OS, it is pretty solid

Apple Mail review by <span>Steve K.</span>
Steve K.

"Good but could be Better"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to sort and simply view basic email

What do you dislike?

I wish that it synced more to my account so I don't have to clean up both of them all the time/

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to view everthing in one spot you'll be fine. But you have to delete everything on each device. (ex. iphone, ipad, mac)

Apple Mail review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great unified email platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and add all of your email accounts. Unified inbox makes managing your emails easier. Notifications in OS X is fantastic for incoming emails and calendar events.

What do you dislike?

Nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing.

Apple Mail review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to Use, but Limited Functionality Mac Mail Client"

What do you like best?

Ease of use during initial setup and use.

What do you dislike?

Lack of sophistication. If you are an Outlook power user, you will not like the limitations. In addition, it is automatically coupled with Apple alerts, so even after I switched to Outlook for Mac, Calendar events would automatically open the Mail client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While not perfect, Outlook offers more functionality.

Apple Mail review by <span>Jason H.</span>
Jason H.

"Nice but not mobile."

What do you like best?

Integration with calendar and contacts. If you get an email and someone asks about doing a meeting it can figure it out and create a link to add to your calendar. Save goes with an email signature you can click it and add it as a contact.

What do you dislike?

It's not mobile kind of brings it down for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not mobile you will need to use your desktop

Apple Mail review by <span>Mike S.</span>
Mike S.

"Trying to keep things simple hurts this product"

What do you like best?

Easy setup. Very straight forward UI and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Lacking features and way behind any other email client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Gmail or a webbased email client, use it instead of Apple Mail.

Apple Mail review by <span>Arthur C.</span>
Arthur C.

"Easy Mail and Setup"

What do you like best?

Comes included with the Mac, easy to setup. Connect to Exchange, Google Mail, iCloud mail and more.

What do you dislike?

Not great integration with MS Exchange. Not sure if I am sold on it for business use just yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for basic email features.

Apple Mail review by <span>Christoph B.</span>
Christoph B.

"Simple and focused on what it is for: Email"

What do you like best?

Very good search function. Email threads. Oh so fast (compared to Outlook).

Exchange integration works great

What do you dislike?

Why did they remove the RSS reader in Mountain Lion. Without telling you?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Comes with the Mac and is just perfect for Email. Not sure why anybody would need another email client.

Apple Mail review by User in Higher Education

"Good for personal use, not yet for work"

What do you like best?

Clean look to it and easy to sync with other email services such as gmail

What do you dislike?

It lacks solid integration with contacts and calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best used for personal email management.

Learning about Apple Mail?

* We monitor all Apple Mail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.