Apple OS X El Capitan

OS X El Capitan gives you simpler, smarter ways to do the things you do most with your Mac. Like working in multiple apps at the same time using Split View.

Work for Apple OS X El Capitan?

Learning about OS X El Capitan?

Apple OS X El Capitan Reviews

Showing 132 OS X El Capitan reviews
OS X El Capitan review by <span>Roger D.</span>
Roger D.

Integrates well

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love having all my Apple products working together in harmony. I'm technical enough that I could make do and create all kinds of cool sync options even if things didn't work smoothly together out of the box ... but Apple makes it happen automatically. El Capitan keeps that tradition going nicely.

What do you dislike?

Sierra is the newest operating system Apple has as I write this, and its got Siri, which El Capitan lacks. El Capitan has always been extremely stable for me, though, which I appreciate. Also, Apple is notoriously less attractive to virus-makers than PCs are, which is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the use for which you're intending to use the machine. Many major software packages these days create files that open just fine whether you're on a Mac or PC, but many of the minor programs are lagging in this regard. Think of who will have to open your files, and what software they're likely to have/use. Then let that determine the kind of machine and OS you get.

I work in a shop that's made mostly of designers and marketers of various kinds. We all prefer Apple products for creating great digital assets that are beautiful and rich with features. I've used Windows 7 extensively, but when I do, I instantly ache to return to the solid footing of my Mac with El Capitan.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apple OS X El Capitan
OS X El Capitan review by <span>Justin C.</span>
Justin C.

one of the best OS systems I've ever used

Validated Review
What do you like best?

the main feature I like about the Apple OS X El Capitan is the continuation between my iMac, my Macbook Pro and my iPhone. Appstore is always getting better with awesome applications and that it is saving much more energy from the RAM which makes the Desktop / Laptop faster and smoother to use.

What do you dislike?

I miss the lack of touchscreen support, hopefully in the near future Apple with launch a new OS that has touchscreen capabilites and will put the OS also on the new iPad Pro to keep up with its name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use Apple OS X El Capitan on both my iMac and my Macbook Pro, as a designer and a photographer I found the OS great to work with and maintenance free. With the features it has it makes it easy to change from an old Desktop to a new one, even if you're moving from Windows to OS X.

I suggest you give it a try and if you're still not sure you should visit one of the Apple Stores and will give you a good tour of the OS X.

As regarding business, on the long run it will help especially with IT sector since it is maintenance friendly unlike its competitors. The lack of viruses is one of the main reasons that its is a better OS compared with the competition. Also if you take care of it, it can give you up to 5 - 7 years without any issues!

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Operating System solution do you use?

OS X El Capitan review by User in Marketing and Advertising
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Although I M not using Siri on Mac I find this operating system one of the best ines Apple has released in years. It is clear and intuitive. I love the launchpad and since I started using it it has been nothing but a pleasure to work with it.

What do you dislike?

Actually there is nothing that I really dislike about this OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. Apple builds great computers and even greater operating systems. And the best: future iOS updates come at no extra cost- You can just update it via the App store. That is perfect. Plus, the current El Capitan offers all functions you need for accomplishing your projects.

It is the driver of my work. As an operating system it builds the basis for all my other software. There are barely any problems and if there is a software that is not compatible with mac I still have Parallels.

OS X El Capitan review by <span>Joshua K.</span>
Joshua K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly, extremely efficient and smooth. I am able to seamlessly switch between Microsoft and apple systems. It has really improved with the new operating system from apple. I do all of my presentations and graphics work on my apple computer.

What do you dislike?

I dont notice a lot of difference from the last update. Seems to be just as supportive as the last update. I do think there is still a gap to bridge that would allow work from a pc to a mac or vise versa to be used on the other system. Some of my hospitals only have pcs and I need to hook up quickly and easily to my presentations created on my mac

This product is used at home, but hopefully we will soon be using apple in the hospital. Apple is still relatively new to the hospital and currently is used on a per person basis. It is a choice that a lot of us make for remote work, but it would be great to get this in the hospital for daily work.

OS X El Capitan review by <span>Loren A.</span>
Loren A.

Really Into Multi-Product Collaboration

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love the direction Apple is headed with its Cloud services. It's a comfortable feeling for the user to have multiple devices in sync without having to take the time to to so manually. I also do a lot of troubleshooting that involves several windows, and the multi-desktop option is great for that.

What do you dislike?

Working in Networking, a lot of software is made for Windows only, which is a hassle. Fortunately, though, Bootcamp is a thing. Capitan also introduced (I think - maybe it was Yosemite) a new Rootless Protection default that I had to disable in order to have my USB to Serial adapter recognized. While I recognize that was a precaution primarily for the average user, it was definitely something I struggled with for a while when the issue first arose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For current Mac OSX users, the upgrade is no question. It's free, it's good, and it's pretty. If you don't have it/a Mac in general, learning the new OS can seem daunting at first. But the way the user interface is designed in combination with the multitouch trackpad and other optional features Apple provides, the working process becomes more fluid and second nature with time. It's truly a great product, and I'd suggest anyone considering it to give it a try.

Most of my work revolves around troubleshooting end devices and networking equipment to provide and verify network connectivity on a very large campus. My fluency with Mac OSX has helped me do my job more quickly and efficiently in a way that wouldn't be possible (for me) with other operating systems.

OS X El Capitan review by <span>Erik H.</span>
Erik H.

Everyday use is smooth - Apple OS

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The intuitive interconnecting of various apps and third party programs. It is plug and play which I love unlike some PC OS interactions where you have to lead the system to the device.

What do you dislike?

Airplay is laggy and I am in search of a way to have my customers view my product on a TV. The lag is infuriating as you have music and photos playing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My entire career has been spent using Apple Products. As a photographer, Adobe Photoshop is my main software and Apple OS has always been king at utilizing image-based software. Ease of use, integration of other systems in my workflow and a bevy of applications that are included on the platform help me keep on track, keep busy, satisfy my customers, and keep me sane!

Workflow has been a breeze with the handoff integration. I can sync reminder lists, calendars, and email with no problems at all on all of my devices.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Apple OS X El Capitan?

* We monitor all Apple OS X El Capitan reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.