Apple OS X Yosemite

An elegant design that feels entirely fresh, yet inherently familiar. The apps you use every day, enhanced with new features. And a completely new relationship between your Mac and iOS devices. OS X Yosemite will change how you see your Mac. And what you can do with it.

Work for Apple OS X Yosemite?

Learning about OS X Yosemite?

Apple OS X Yosemite Reviews

Showing 13 OS X Yosemite reviews
OS X Yosemite review by <span>Robert K.</span>
Robert K.
Validated Review

I use this OS on my macbook

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the easy use of the OS, it makes my work more effective. Every new version is give a bit more options and features to the previous versions. This one improved the battery time and the overal stability. I like the splitview and the opntion to set the menubar to dark theme. I also like the continuity feature, what makes it possible to contineu a task on my iphone or ipad, like emails, texts, safari browsing.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some of the professional apps are not avaible. And sometimes they remove small features during an update, what was in the previous versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this OS to everyone, who like apple products. I didn't find any disadvantage to update to this version from the previous one.

I use it for my daily work at a design studio. I am using it for product design. I make drawing, 3d modelling, rendering, presentations, prints and all kind of design tasks.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apple OS X Yosemite
OS X Yosemite review by <span>Jason W.</span>
Jason W.

A better OS!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is free, easy to use and have a amazing interface. The user interface is perfectly designed give you new fresh feeling of apple OS X. The new photos is also better than the old iphoto or the Aperture. Personally I think that the highlight is the interface. The layout is much more easier to master than the pervious OS it is really a grate enhancement to your macbook.

What do you dislike?

Although I really think Apple OS X Yosemite is a great OS, there are some minor issue. First of all Yosemite have some performance problems on the initial release, I am not sure have it be resolved yet or not. This will make your mac lag sometime you have to reboot your mac to resolve the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just upgrade it, it is the OS you want to help your career.

After I changed into this OS my macbook is more productivity. As I can easily find I needed with the new user's interface. Before I upgrade it the search bar is not that user friendly I am having a hard time to find what I want. So after I upgraded it really boost my productivity and help me to really focus on my job instead of finding the software I want.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Operating System solution do you use?

OS X Yosemite review by User in Banking
User in Banking

runs great on entry level Mac

Validated Review
What do you like best?

My laptop is late 2011, entry level and Yosemite runs great. It allows some of the continuity features and communicates well with my phone. Some features I can't go back from are the iCloud browser tabs and the messages, phone calls and alerts showing on both the computer and phone. This operating system runs great even though I haven't added more Ram or extra bells and whistles.

What do you dislike?

Some features don't work on the older machines. While I get enough functionality out of it to make it worth while, some features such as Handoff don't work. Also the iCloud functions sometimes disconnect forcing a restart on both the computer and phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check your system requirements, back your computer up. I didn't have an issue with the upgrade but some of the older programs needed a re-download.

Solved the problem of having to update or purchase a new computer. Benefits are answering messages directly using a real keyboard instead of typing emails or texts on a phone.

OS X Yosemite review by <span>Francis Andrew B.</span>
Francis Andrew B.

Convenience of iOS in a full blown OS X

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Yosemite runs faster on my older machines than any of my previous OS Xs, and it has added some features that help me from having to step away from my computer like being able to make and receive phone calls straight from my computer. Safari is faster and cleaner looking in Yosemite than it was in Mavericks, and it is a nice addition to my browser options alongside Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

What do you dislike?

Many of my work applications took some time to be compatible with OS X Yosemite, so I could not upgrade immediately and had to work to get some of my applications to function normally. Yosemite is old enough now, however, that this should not be a problem for people looking to upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely upgrade to Yosemite if you are running an older OS. It will make a difference performance wise on your Mac, and it is incredibly easy to use if you are familiar with any previous OS X.

Notification center, making and receiving phone calls, and other simple iOS elements built into my desktop keep me focused on my computer and away from my phone while I am at work. Spotlight seems to run faster for me than it did on Mavericks, so finding old documents and quickly accessing programs not on my dock speeds up my workflow.

OS X Yosemite review by <span>Isabel M.</span>
Isabel M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like how it integrates with all other apple devices. I have an iphone, apple tv, and ipad and it works really well with all of them.

What do you dislike?

I still am not able to send messages via text from my laptop to non apple phone users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As always, make sure that all your apple products are updated to the latest software available so that you don't experience any issues.

Thanks to all of us using the same software we can share files easily and quickly.

OS X Yosemite review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

Much imptoved after update to Yosemite

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I have a MacBook Pro Retina that I recently updated to Yosemite. After the update the computer seems to run much faster and more efficiently. In addition, I have noticed a small increase in battery life. In addition, I frequently use the Apple calendar and have noticed there are several more additions and improvements that make it more functional. I also love the additional function of Maps.

What do you dislike?

The update took quite a long time to download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have used Apple OS before, it will be simple to get used to.

My computer is much more efficient, both in terms of processing and battery power, which lets me get more done.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Apple OS X Yosemite?

* We monitor all Apple OS X Yosemite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.