Apple Safari

Showing 109 Safari reviews
Safari review by <span>Luke A.</span>
Luke A.

Good Way to Surf Web When Using iOS

What do you like best?

What I have found to like the best about Safari is that it makes it easy to do many things. For example, if I want to print a website, I can click a button to find a printer and print right from Safari. If I want to send a website to another person, I can send it via iMessage or Apple Mail - right from Safari. Safari makes surfing the internet convenient and easy. I also like the speed of Safari. It browses the internet as fast or faster than any other internet browser that I have used. It also crashes the least out of any other browser that I have used. I can't remember the last time I experienced an issue - crashing, slow browsing, bothersome pop-up windows - with Safari.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike or wish that Safari offered is a way to sign in to Safari - maybe using your Apple ID. Similar to other internet browsers, if you were able to log in to Safari - your preferences would be saved across devices. This means that you would have access to your bookmarks, favorite websites, passwords and login credentials and preferences no matter what device that you are using Safari to browse the internet. This would be a convenient feature to have and I dislike that it is not offered with Safari.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Safari for anyone/company who uses the iOS operating system - since it is not compatible with Android. I recommend it because of how fast it is and how easy it is to use and navigate. It is also good because it offers an excellent pop-up blocker that almost always blocked those unwanted websites from appearing when you don't want them to. Safari is also good because it makes it easy to share websites and information with other users.

Safari is good because it is easy to use - requiring no training of employees in order to get the most out of the product. If anything, we spend less than five minutes with new employees in order to demonstrate the features Safari has to offer but this training is rarely needed because it is so user friendly. Safari has also been good because it makes it very easy to share websites and information with co-workers. Safari allows me to Air Drop this information/websites directly to co-workers or send it via email or message right from Safari which has been convenient.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apple Safari
Safari review by <span>Felix M.</span>
Felix M.

Simple, lightweight and reliable browser

What do you like best?

- bookmarks feature

- home screen with commonly visited pages

- speed, it's a very fast browser

- reliable because it rarely crashes, perhaps even more reliable than Google Chrome

- good notification prompts, blocks pop-ups by default

- doesn't require separate installation when using MacOS

- clean user interface

- nice scrolling

- reading mode in both the desktop and the mobile version is very good for cleaning off the ads and images on a page and seeing just the text

What do you dislike?

- Lack of depth in developer tools in comparison to Google Chrome; this is the main reason I use Chrome for work on the Salesforce platform. Google Chrome can do more.

- Smaller apps market than Google Chrome

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most users I know choose safari because it's an Apple product. Others gravitate towards Google Chrome or Firefox for more technical capability with regards to web development. Users should use what feels right, but developers may learn that Safari is not as robust as Firefox and Chrome for web development. For everything else, it may be better because of its excellent user interfce.

When reading technical material on the internet, I use Safari because of the reading mode. I like that it increases the text size and contrast and cleans away the extraneous information on the page. Safari allows me to use Salesforce.com much the same way as Google Chrome. I use use Safari as a backup quite frequently to implement CPQ.

What Browser solution do you use?

Safari review by <span>Kristine T.</span>
Kristine T.

Fast, Reliable Browser

What do you like best?

The thing that I like best about Apple Safari - and why I use it over all of the other browsers on the market - is because of its speed and features. It is compatible with all of my other Apple applications. So, if I'm reading an article and want to save some points or the entire article, with the touch of a button I can add it to my Notes application or even save it right to my home screen. I also appreciate that Apple Safari syncs to all of my other Apple devices, remembering my favorite and most frequented websites and credentials. I also appreciate Apple Safari because it is extremely rare that I experiences crashing. This is very important to me with a browser. I also appreciate how well its pop-up blocker is - helping me to avoid those unwanted advertises that come with browsing the world wide web in today's day in age.

What do you dislike?

The major thing that I dislike about Apple Safari is that it just isn't compatible with as many other programs and applications compared to other browsers. For example other browsers are compatible with Gmail, making it easy to sync. It is important for me to be able to use a browser no matter what device I am on - Apple or not - and that just isn't possible with Apple Safari since it only works with Apple devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Safari for those looking for a fast and user friendly internet browser. I especially recommend Apple Safari for those that mainly use Apple devices since one of its great features is being able to sync credentials and frequented websites/browsing history across devices. I really recommend checking out and making the most use out of Apple Safari's "air drop" feature that allows you to share websites with your contacts.

My company prefers Apple Safari mostly because of its ease of use. Since it has such user friendly platform and features, it virtually eliminates the need to spend time and money on training new employees on how to use the program. It has also been beneficial because it allows me to easily share or "air drop" websites with my coworkers. This has proven to be extremely convenient because before this I would have to copy and paste a link to a website that I wanted to share then manually email it to my coworkers - what a convenient time saver the air drop feature has been!

Safari review by <span>Grace M.</span>
Grace M.

Safari: improving browser all the time

What do you like best?

I like the interface Safari uses in its more recent versions, and how much it looks like the app structure we've all come to know. I also like how it automatically imports bookmarks and makes things easy to find.

What do you dislike?

Safari still seems to crash more often than Chrome on desktop. I use it on my phone without issue, but Chrome appears to be more efficient on the computer. I am also a bit concerned about security, though that's probably true of all browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Safari is a better browser than it used to be. I've been pretty Chrome loyal for a while, but I like Safari's newest interface and I am thinking of switching.

The same problems as any web browser--the need to use and test the application online.

Safari review by <span>Laura Douglass M.</span>
Laura Douglass M.

Good Browser

What do you like best?

It's a great browser and suits all of my needs. It has good search features, a great bookmark toolbar and very rarely crashes. Its quality matches that of other Apple created software. I also really like the interoperability that it allows with my other Apple products, such as sharing a link to a contact through Mail, iMessage, AirDrop, or to add a hyperlink to my Notes app. If you are a user of multiple Apple products, Safari can help you synchronize all of them together.

What do you dislike?

I've noticed that I use Safari less than I once did. 5 years ago, I used Safari almost exclusively, but now I use it as much if not less than Google Chrome. This is in part due to the fact that my graduate school coursework was not compatible with Safari, and also the interoperability available in Chrome with other Google products, particularly Gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Safari works best for people who own and frequently use other Apple products (iPhone, iPad, etc.) As with most Apple products, there is a lot of opportunity for interaction among the devices, so that can really be a helpful tool. It works just as well, if not better than many browsers. I would say that Google Chrome is its biggest competition as far as usability and ability to streamline tasks.

I use Safari often at work to do internet research that supplements my own research in the library. It allows me to access library catalogs, do advanced searches in my own university's digital collections, and make discoveries that benefit the finding aids and other documents I create for the users of our library. It definitely meets my expectations for work related projects.

The bookmarks tool also allows me to really customize my Internet experience by giving me quick access to webpages I access frequently, both for personal and professional use.

Safari review by <span>Connor B.</span>
Connor B.

Fast Internet Browser

What do you like best?

I use Apple Safari when on my Macintosh computer at work because it is the browser that is suggested and that comes with Macintosh computers. While I use several other computers and devices at work with other internet browsers, when on the Macintosh, Safari is our choice. This is because of its speed and compatibility with other Macintosh applications. The feature

that I like the most about Safari is its speed when working on a Macintosh computer. It is definitely the fastest browser that you can use on these machines. It is also great since it is compatible with the other applications on my Macintosh, it makes working much more easy and quick.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Safari isn't fully compatible with all devices and machines. Simo, in order to truly get the most out of Safari, it must be on an iOS device. Since I use many different devices with different operating systems, I really need an internet browser that is fully compatible with all operating systems. I need my preferences, login credentials and frequented websites to be available no matter what device that I am using to browse the internet. Unfortunately, since Safari isn't compatible ac Ross the board, this just isn't possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Safari to anyone who uses a Macintosh or Apple computer or device. This is because Apple Safari is by far the fastest Internet browser you can use on these devices. I also recommend it because it makes it easy to share websites and information with other people as long as they have an apple or Macintosh device. All that you have to do is login with your cloud ID and you can share information with the click of a button or even make it automatically available so that you don't have to click a button to share - you can make yourself visible to allow people to have access to your information and websites.

Apple Safari has benefited my company since everyone has several computers - one of which is a Macintosh - Safari makes it easy to share information with coworkers. We can sign in to Safari with our Apple ID and use the cloud to easily share websites with other people and it is easy to do so. With the click of a button I'm able to get information and websites to my coworkers via Apple Safari.

Learning about Apple Safari?

* We monitor all Apple Safari reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.