Apple Safari

Ask Safari a Question
Showing 114 Safari reviews
Safari review by Luke A.
Luke A.

"Good Way to Surf Web When Using iOS"

What do you like best?

What I have found to like the best about Safari is that it makes it easy to do many things. For example, if I want to print a website, I can click a button to find a printer and print right from Safari. If I want to send a website to another person, I can send it via iMessage or Apple Mail - right from Safari. Safari makes surfing the internet convenient and easy. I also like the speed of Safari. It browses the internet as fast or faster than any other internet browser that I have used. It also crashes the least out of any other browser that I have used. I can't remember the last time I experienced an issue - crashing, slow browsing, bothersome pop-up windows - with Safari.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike or wish that Safari offered is a way to sign in to Safari - maybe using your Apple ID. Similar to other internet browsers, if you were able to log in to Safari - your preferences would be saved across devices. This means that you would have access to your bookmarks, favorite websites, passwords and login credentials and preferences no matter what device that you are using Safari to browse the internet. This would be a convenient feature to have and I dislike that it is not offered with Safari.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Safari for anyone/company who uses the iOS operating system - since it is not compatible with Android. I recommend it because of how fast it is and how easy it is to use and navigate. It is also good because it offers an excellent pop-up blocker that almost always blocked those unwanted websites from appearing when you don't want them to. Safari is also good because it makes it easy to share websites and information with other users.

Safari is good because it is easy to use - requiring no training of employees in order to get the most out of the product. If anything, we spend less than five minutes with new employees in order to demonstrate the features Safari has to offer but this training is rarely needed because it is so user friendly. Safari has also been good because it makes it very easy to share websites and information with co-workers. Safari allows me to Air Drop this information/websites directly to co-workers or send it via email or message right from Safari which has been convenient.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apple Safari
Safari review by Jeff C.
Jeff C.

"Fastest, Best Web Browser "

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the ability to mute automatic audio or video. There is nothing more obnoxious than navigating to a web page and having blaring music or an unwanted advertisement in your face. I like that the preferences are easy to manipulate as well, and as for the best drag a drop compatibility, look no further.

What do you dislike?

Safari has never been to "FLASH friendly" It is sometimes it can be time consuming to use a predominately Flash based site. Luckily, those are slowly going away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Mac, (or in the off chance you switched from a Mac to a PC) Safari is the default, goto and easiest web browser for this user.

Security. I am confident that I able to navigate quickly and securely through the web, knowing that allows for more productivity.

What Browser solution do you use?

Safari review by Felix M.
Felix M.

"Simple, lightweight and reliable browser"

What do you like best?

- bookmarks feature

- home screen with commonly visited pages

- speed, it's a very fast browser

- reliable because it rarely crashes, perhaps even more reliable than Google Chrome

- good notification prompts, blocks pop-ups by default

- doesn't require separate installation when using MacOS

- clean user interface

- nice scrolling

- reading mode in both the desktop and the mobile version is very good for cleaning off the ads and images on a page and seeing just the text

What do you dislike?

- Lack of depth in developer tools in comparison to Google Chrome; this is the main reason I use Chrome for work on the Salesforce platform. Google Chrome can do more.

- Smaller apps market than Google Chrome

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most users I know choose safari because it's an Apple product. Others gravitate towards Google Chrome or Firefox for more technical capability with regards to web development. Users should use what feels right, but developers may learn that Safari is not as robust as Firefox and Chrome for web development. For everything else, it may be better because of its excellent user interfce.

When reading technical material on the internet, I use Safari because of the reading mode. I like that it increases the text size and contrast and cleans away the extraneous information on the page. Safari allows me to use Salesforce.com much the same way as Google Chrome. I use use Safari as a backup quite frequently to implement CPQ.

Safari review by Kristine T.
Kristine T.

"Fast, Reliable Browser"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like best about Apple Safari - and why I use it over all of the other browsers on the market - is because of its speed and features. It is compatible with all of my other Apple applications. So, if I'm reading an article and want to save some points or the entire article, with the touch of a button I can add it to my Notes application or even save it right to my home screen. I also appreciate that Apple Safari syncs to all of my other Apple devices, remembering my favorite and most frequented websites and credentials. I also appreciate Apple Safari because it is extremely rare that I experiences crashing. This is very important to me with a browser. I also appreciate how well its pop-up blocker is - helping me to avoid those unwanted advertises that come with browsing the world wide web in today's day in age.

What do you dislike?

The major thing that I dislike about Apple Safari is that it just isn't compatible with as many other programs and applications compared to other browsers. For example other browsers are compatible with Gmail, making it easy to sync. It is important for me to be able to use a browser no matter what device I am on - Apple or not - and that just isn't possible with Apple Safari since it only works with Apple devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Safari for those looking for a fast and user friendly internet browser. I especially recommend Apple Safari for those that mainly use Apple devices since one of its great features is being able to sync credentials and frequented websites/browsing history across devices. I really recommend checking out and making the most use out of Apple Safari's "air drop" feature that allows you to share websites with your contacts.

My company prefers Apple Safari mostly because of its ease of use. Since it has such user friendly platform and features, it virtually eliminates the need to spend time and money on training new employees on how to use the program. It has also been beneficial because it allows me to easily share or "air drop" websites with my coworkers. This has proven to be extremely convenient because before this I would have to copy and paste a link to a website that I wanted to share then manually email it to my coworkers - what a convenient time saver the air drop feature has been!

Safari review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Safari: improving browser all the time"

What do you like best?

I like the interface Safari uses in its more recent versions, and how much it looks like the app structure we've all come to know. I also like how it automatically imports bookmarks and makes things easy to find.

What do you dislike?

Safari still seems to crash more often than Chrome on desktop. I use it on my phone without issue, but Chrome appears to be more efficient on the computer. I am also a bit concerned about security, though that's probably true of all browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Safari is a better browser than it used to be. I've been pretty Chrome loyal for a while, but I like Safari's newest interface and I am thinking of switching.

The same problems as any web browser--the need to use and test the application online.

Safari review by Laura Douglass M.
Laura Douglass M.

"Good Browser"

What do you like best?

It's a great browser and suits all of my needs. It has good search features, a great bookmark toolbar and very rarely crashes. Its quality matches that of other Apple created software. I also really like the interoperability that it allows with my other Apple products, such as sharing a link to a contact through Mail, iMessage, AirDrop, or to add a hyperlink to my Notes app. If you are a user of multiple Apple products, Safari can help you synchronize all of them together.

What do you dislike?

I've noticed that I use Safari less than I once did. 5 years ago, I used Safari almost exclusively, but now I use it as much if not less than Google Chrome. This is in part due to the fact that my graduate school coursework was not compatible with Safari, and also the interoperability available in Chrome with other Google products, particularly Gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Safari works best for people who own and frequently use other Apple products (iPhone, iPad, etc.) As with most Apple products, there is a lot of opportunity for interaction among the devices, so that can really be a helpful tool. It works just as well, if not better than many browsers. I would say that Google Chrome is its biggest competition as far as usability and ability to streamline tasks.

I use Safari often at work to do internet research that supplements my own research in the library. It allows me to access library catalogs, do advanced searches in my own university's digital collections, and make discoveries that benefit the finding aids and other documents I create for the users of our library. It definitely meets my expectations for work related projects.

The bookmarks tool also allows me to really customize my Internet experience by giving me quick access to webpages I access frequently, both for personal and professional use.

Safari review by Connor B.
Connor B.

"Fast Internet Browser"

What do you like best?

I use Apple Safari when on my Macintosh computer at work because it is the browser that is suggested and that comes with Macintosh computers. While I use several other computers and devices at work with other internet browsers, when on the Macintosh, Safari is our choice. This is because of its speed and compatibility with other Macintosh applications. The feature

that I like the most about Safari is its speed when working on a Macintosh computer. It is definitely the fastest browser that you can use on these machines. It is also great since it is compatible with the other applications on my Macintosh, it makes working much more easy and quick.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Safari isn't fully compatible with all devices and machines. Simo, in order to truly get the most out of Safari, it must be on an iOS device. Since I use many different devices with different operating systems, I really need an internet browser that is fully compatible with all operating systems. I need my preferences, login credentials and frequented websites to be available no matter what device that I am using to browse the internet. Unfortunately, since Safari isn't compatible ac Ross the board, this just isn't possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Safari to anyone who uses a Macintosh or Apple computer or device. This is because Apple Safari is by far the fastest Internet browser you can use on these devices. I also recommend it because it makes it easy to share websites and information with other people as long as they have an apple or Macintosh device. All that you have to do is login with your cloud ID and you can share information with the click of a button or even make it automatically available so that you don't have to click a button to share - you can make yourself visible to allow people to have access to your information and websites.

Apple Safari has benefited my company since everyone has several computers - one of which is a Macintosh - Safari makes it easy to share information with coworkers. We can sign in to Safari with our Apple ID and use the cloud to easily share websites with other people and it is easy to do so. With the click of a button I'm able to get information and websites to my coworkers via Apple Safari.

Safari review by Jackie G.
Jackie G.

"I like safari better than other search engines "

What do you like best?

I like that safari is easier to use. I have used other search such as google chrome, internet explorer and Firefox and safari seems to be the one that gives me less of problems. What I mean by this is that safari never kicks me off while using it as the other engines did. It seems to also be way faster while browsing online.. I’m so glad that safari is the main search engine on iPhones makes it way easier for us Apple users.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I dislike about safari. I love it!

Faster browsing

"Apple Safari User"

What do you like best?

Comes with Mac OS, no download or installation required. It has a clean and straightforward interface. Warns when accessing a fraudulent site. Minimal add-ons and/or plugins so your browser doesn't get screwed up. Runs faster then other browsers, such as FireFox and Google Chrome. It is stable, seldom do I have issues of a crashing browser with Safari.

What do you dislike?

Block pop-up windows doesn't not really work. But it could be the way the pop-ups are made to mislead program into thinking it is not spam. When you export a print page as PDF, you cannot highlight and copy the words. However, Google Chromes does support this function, which makes PDFs easier to choose, esp. when you want to copy and paste an entire paragraph.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother using other browsers unless you need some special/specific functions, like saving a page as PDF file and be able to copy and paste the content. Safari is stable and support most functions you'll need from a browser.

None. Just usual website browsing, etc. Again, it is easy to use and comes with Mac OS, so no need to download and install another browser.

Safari review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"My Safari User Review"

What do you like best?

I like the speed of use, I like the options of saving passwords, autofilling information that I regularly use. I like that I can't get a virus pretty much though I don't know if that's just more Apple related than Safari related. I like the look and design of it, and Apple is constantly updating and putting little fixes and updates through to improve on it

What do you dislike?

I do think some things are easier in chrome, on a PC. I have to use PCS at my jobs, but I use a Mac at home. Chrome can be more user friendly, some things are easier to find on the back end of Chrome. Some of the verbiage used in Safari throws me off and i find it harder to find the solutions I am looking for when I hit a problem and don't know how to do something in Safari.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! Once you go Mac you won't go back. I used PCs growing up and when I made the switch to Mac for my personal computer it changed my perspective and I saw how amazing the brand is and how both beneficial and beautiful the products they put out are. They are pricy products but in the long run they are worth it.

I am using Safari to aid me in my projects at work, it is a quick and easy web browser that I use to access my websites, save my passwords and easily bookmark the pages I need to frequent in order to do my job! It helps me avoid viruses that would slow me down and delay everything I need to do. I depend on my computer and love Safari

Safari review by User in Research
User in Research

"Seamless interface"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy using Apple Safari because it integrates well across the Apple products. I can open a search window on my iPhone or iPad and switch to my computer where I can access that same window. Things sync seamlessly between the Apple devices. The appearance of the browser is very sleek and intuitive. It is easy to bookmark pages and come back to them, as well as create a reading list. You can also easily view all open tabs in your browser.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Safari. Some websites work better in other browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox, but for most things, Safari displays websites well. There are virtually no words anywhere on the interface, so it takes some time to get used to the interface and learn what each icon means, but that is a relatively minor issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Apple Safari to anyone, but I think it is particularly helpful for those who have numerous Apple products. It is unique in its ability to integrate across a variety of devices.

I almost exclusively use Safari to browse the web. I find that it is particularly useful because I have multiple Apple products, and the browser integrates so well between my various devices. It is very user friendly, and I frequently use the bookmarks feature to keep track of important pages that I reference.

Safari review by Alyse F.
Alyse F.

"Can't seem to change my browser preference, but could use some improvement!"

What do you like best?

I've been using Safari since I got my first Mac in 2008. I absolutely loved and still love the interface of tabs. I love being able to see my favorites and bookmarks the second I open a new one. I love that Safari will autofill based on my favorites/bookmarks/history when I begin typing. I like how much more simple and easy on the eyes Safari is as opposed to browsers like Google Chrome. I like the integrated downloads button, that you can see all open tabs at a glance if you want to, and that you can easily move tabs or even remove a tab from a set of tabs into its own window. I love Safari's autofill function for credit cards and addresses especially. I like being able to reopen all windows from my last session. That's super convenient when my computer loses power or something makes Safari crash when I have a bunch of tabs open.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how often videos won't play within the browser. I dislike having to switch to Chrome whenever I'm having issues in Safari and then realizing that - yes - the issue is that Safari just isn't suitable for certain more-complex things. I don't like how often it seems I have to re-download Flash for Safari because of issues with video. I don't like that whenever I want to clear my browser history, Safari seems clears all my auto-fill preferences as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend Safari for all it's strengths. But I think it's important to have a backup browser ready at hand when Safari needs to play video - which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Overall though, that won't stop me from continuing to use Safari.

Safari solves the problem of having my work email and personal tabs open at once and at quick reach. It allows for easy downloading of contracts and spreadsheets necessary for my job. It also has an intuitive interface for print and save options.

Safari review by Heather F.
Heather F.

"Safari user for 10+ years"

What do you like best?

I am a Mac person and Safari is the simplest and most integrated web browser for iOS. It is intuitive and easy to learn and I love the ability to save user names and passwords within the program.

What do you dislike?

Very rarely I will run into a website that is incompatible with Safari, in which case I jump over to Chrome, but I always go back to Safari.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Safari is the easiest way to integrate your desktop work with your iPhone and iPad. I work across all platforms and everything stays consistent which makes it really user friendly. I have tried all of the other web browsers at this point and Safari is by far my favorite.

As an art teacher, I do a lot of web-browsing and searching for relevant ideas to share with my students and Safari is always more than capable of allowing me to do that.

Safari review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"It's the default web browser on my phone!"

What do you like best?

I guess I like that it's there, or else links out of twitter and facebook would just go nowhere since I mainly use Chrome as the browser on my phone and either you can't make that a thing, or I just don't know (and don't care) how to make that happen. Calling it Safari is pretty cool though, since it makes you feel like you're in a jungle with a pith helmet all pre-colonial style. And dig that compass logo!

What do you dislike?

I dislike a lot about the app Safari. the multiple tab / pages thing is kinda dumb and the settings are silly to mess around with. I just like pretty much every other browser better I guess. The fact that I can't simply delete it from my phone is a small point of contention too. I don't want it, Apple! Let me get rid of it! And while I'm on the topic, I DON'T USE THE STOCKS APP EITHER!

Realized the benefit of looking at that cool logo and then forgetting just how many tabs I had open in the app and having to close them all like once a week. It's a neat feature, that whole silly app that you think is stupid but you cannot get rid of.

Safari review by Tim T.
Tim T.

"Love Everything About Apple"

What do you like best?

I love everything about Apple Safari. I love how I can move from one computer to a phone to an iPad with no problem and I can also find tabs from other systems easily too.

What do you dislike?

There are some programs that seem to run slower on Safari or at least they claim to work better with other options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love how there's no viruses or problems with viruses with Apple products. LOVE using Safari at our business.

We really haven't had viruses since we switched over to Safari. This is HUGE and would be a big reason we keep using it.

Safari review by Phoebe C.
Phoebe C.

"Great default internet explorer for Mac and iPhone"

What do you like best?

I like that it's the default internet explorer for Apple products and I have no qualms about it. I don't like having to download third party apps. I like the privacy options for private browsing if I don't want my search history accessible, and it's easy to switch back to regular browsing. The cloud browsing is nice, so if I view something on my Mac and am away from it, I can open it up from Safari on my iPhone which is time efficient.

What do you dislike?

None that I can think of. I have tried other internet explorer apps on Mac and iPhone and always go bac

Recommendations to others considering the product

Default software that comes with Apple products so it's easier to use in my opinion and sharing and opening links automatically uses Safari.

Looking up information on mobile and Mac.

Safari review by Eddie S.
Eddie S.

"Decent browser, lacks some compatibility"

What do you like best?

It's definitely the best browser when on Mac OS that I use daily (I also have Chrome for better integration with other things I do at work). It's fast and has pretty good bookmark management.

What do you dislike?

There isn't support for it across operating systems, which I would love to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's made for you Mac, so if you have a Mac or iPhone, use Safari before other browsers. I've found that things like Chrome aren't great and have caused me some issues.

Truthfully, I don't know that it is solving a business problem. I use a MacBook Air at work for several pieces of software that I don't have access to on Windows or Chome OS.

Safari review by User in Music
User in Music

"Apple's Most Versatile Platform"

What do you like best?

This web browser does it all. Search within the address bar, and set your default search engine to whichever one is your favorite. The plug ins are great, too. Send a webpage or item from a webpage directly to Pinterest with the click of a button. Activate an Ebates cash back offer without even changing webpages. But Safari's most distinguished feature is being able to open a session across devices. If I have a webpage open in Safari for iPhone, I can open it up on Safari for Mac, simply by being logged in with the same Apple ID. Safari also saves all of my passwords in a secure way across all devices, and also saves my bookmarks as well. This program is so easy and convenient. I used to use Google Chrome, but have moved all of my web browsing on all of my devices to Safari.

What do you dislike?

There have definitely been some bugs with various updates. Safari is also supposed to notify me when my plug ins have updates ready to install, but it never does, so sometimes my plug ins will stop working. Safari also has a new picture-in-picture feature, but I have yet to see the option become available on any video streaming websites. This has been quite frustrating.

I really appreciate not having to carry all of my devices with me. If I decide I don't want to carry my laptop around all day, I can simply use my iPad or iPhone, and still have access to all of the same features I have on Safari for Mac - saved passwords, bookmarks, open web pages, etc.

Safari review by Gökhan E.
Gökhan E.

"Compatibility with OSX"

What do you like best?

I like it's fine work with the MacBook pro TouchPad which makes you browse faster and efficiently

What do you dislike?

The design might be improved

I am using it all the time for my job bookmarking for the important shortcuts

Safari review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"My Favorite Browser"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to organize my tabs and content. I also enjoy being able to share information with colleagues and friends so easily, especially if they have Apple products.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much! I wish it was compatible with PC, but I understand it's a Mac product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend this product, especially to avoid your browser from crashing and "losing" all of your searches or information. This is an excellent product.

Pinning tabs and being able to easily access my information across a variety of platforms is extremely helpful. I really like being able to pick up where I've left off if I'm in a meeting or working on another project.

Safari review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"Safari is clean and consistent."

What do you like best?

Most of the time, Safari stays out of the way. The gesture support is very natural, and I prefer the built-in PDF viewer to Adobe Acrobat. There's no comparison between it and IE. Reader view is nice.

What do you dislike?

No problems I can think of, however Google Chrome has an added feature set that Safari has yet to incorporate (Chrome can restore an entire set of tabs you accidentally closed!). Image blocking isn't built into its core functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Safari runs well as the default browser on a Mac, but I will say that Google Chrome seems more future-friendly and runs just as well on Mac.

I use Safari for browsing business, music—recipes, you name it. It certainly cuts down on time compared to slower browsers (IE again).

Safari review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Good browser, but nothing special"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and use. Saves bookmarks and frequently visited sites. The capability of being able to access information across different apple devices with the same Apple ID login is very handy. I can work on something with one device, leave it open, and be able to access it later from a different device through cloud sharing.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't have multiple logged as users of a browser with saved passwords, history, etc. (like Chrome). In general I would also be much more comfortable is you have to log in to a saved account (maybe using your Apple ID) in order to access saved passwords. I like when a computer can have that information stored for me, but I don't always feel comfortable with storing that information on a device when I know that other people may use it in the future. Additionally, I don't like that you can't have both a home page as well as a few top sites accessible from the home screen (whatever that might be). For example, with google chrome and google, you can have your home page be google.com, and then under that your top visited sites are listed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think having an upgrade to the program where you can login and form an account and have passwords in association with that account be saved would be great. It seems like it'd be very simple to do since Apple products already have an Apple ID that they are associated with.

I do like that it can share recently visited sites, bookmarks, etc. amongst different apple devices using the same Apple ID. That makes accessing information incredibly easy. I can use my iPad at school and then leave it there to charge overnight, and still access the information and websites that I need on my mac when I get home through Safari. the websites don't even have to be closed; they are just available through cloud sharing.

Safari review by User in Higher Education

"Fine for surfing the web, but lacking bells and whistles"

What do you like best?

Overall, this is a fine way to search the internet and do day to day tasks online. If you just want to read or look things up, check email, stalk Facebooks, whatever, then you'll be just fine with this.

What do you dislike?

There are certain websites that just will not load properly with Safari when there are pop-ups involved. It's frustrating.

I also think it has fewer customization features and add-ons than Firefox or Chrome, and the speed is slightly slower.

And it is definitely less compatible with alternative operating systems, such as Ubuntu, for which I've not found a good downloadable version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just want to browse the web, use this browser. It's sleek and simple.

If you will need more advanced customization features for what you plan to do, opt for a different browser. Chrome and Firefox are both, in my opinion, superior.

I use Safari as a back up browser to Chrome and Firefox when I have things already open. I like that I can pull up pdfs nicely and that the search bar makes it easy to pull up research related articles.

Safari review by Luke P. H. W.
Luke P. H. W.

"Strong browser"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality that Safari provides when interacting with my apple product, including the functionality with the touchbar. Safari also provides a nice interface, though a little less connectible through other platforms. I like the capacity to "throw" pages from my phone to my computer.

What do you dislike?

Chrome can be connected variously across various computers allowing access to passwords and bookmarks, even if it isn't an apple. Safari does not appear to have this same interoperability.

Safari allows for a different look at web pages and design for my website, meaning that there are greater options for understanding how clients look at our work.

Safari review by User in Higher Education

"Best browser for macOS and iOS integration."

What do you like best?

The best thing about using Safari as opposed to other browsers is that it is closely built in to the operating system. I frequently use the "share button" within Safari to quickly email, text, or airdrop webpages, save them as bookmarks etc...

Also being tied into the iCloud ecosystem, I enjoy being able to share my bookmarks across devices. Yes, I can do this with other browsers, but I prefer Safari's interface and look.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is that I can not choose to share bookmarks with someone else in my iCloud "family". Perhaps this is more a limitation of iCloud, but I would enjoy being able to share and sync select bookmark folders with another family member.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not install Adobe Flash on my computer for security reasons, so the ONLY time I will use another browser is if Flash is required. For that, I will switch to Chrome which has Flash built in, so that I do not have to risk installing it on my own machine.

There is no particular business "problem" other than the daily need to browse the web which is a crucial piece of every business. The benefit of Safari is that it seems relatively stable and could not pinpoint any number of times it failed to work or crashed during use.

Safari review by Jerrell A.
Jerrell A.

"Great Browser!"

What do you like best?

For one, it comes stock on a mac and is very versatile. Easy to transfer bookmarks and contacts. Easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a blue moon it will crash for no reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's totally worth it. it's safe. It's easy to use.

Trying to find a browser that makes everyone happy is definitely a problem we're solving. For those who have macs, this is the perfect solution.

Safari review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"A good default browser"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of features comparable to Firefox, and for a default browser, it was so far ahead of IE.

What do you dislike?

This hasn't happened often; however, on a Mac, certain apps or webpages automatically open in Safari, even if I have Firefox set as my default browser. In addition, despite having PDFs set to open in the browser, it would still automatically download the file to my computer, having me need to go to the Downloads folder to open a PDF, when I just needed to read it in the browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With each release, it gets better and better, and more comparable to my favorite browser Firefox. For a default browser, it's really good.

There was a time when I couldn't access a file in a different browser which opened up flawlessly in Safari.

Safari review by Cory J.
Cory J.

"Safari"

What do you like best?

Great mobile app fro web browsing on an iphone

What do you dislike?

I'm not an apple mac owner which makes accessibility hard on other devices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, especially if you;re an Iphone user

It's often hard to navigate but is still one of my go to browsers

Safari review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"Safari Review"

What do you like best?

Safari is a secure way to browse the web. We also develop apps which can be accessed in Safari.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a huge fan of the Apple IOS platform but, it is a decent search engine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize this app if you are a comfortable with the IOS platform.

We build apps that are used in Safari as well as websites that can be accessed via Safari. We are able to offer our clients a broad range of possibilities.

Safari review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"I use apple safari daily. "

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate, and the browser is compatible with almost all sites. I enjoy using Safari.

What do you dislike?

It often shuts down which can be frustrating. I have to restart it or force quit several times during a use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and easy! It comes with all Apple computers anyway, although be prepared to potentially have to "force quit" a few times.

I have used it for looking up information and for collaborative trainings as well.

Safari review by Darby O.
Darby O.

"Safari meets expectations"

What do you like best?

Safari works perfectly and has a great design, making it both easy and enjoyable to use as an internet browser. i love the design of the browser the most, compared to safari and firefox. it does everything one would need it to do.

What do you dislike?

i do not dislike much about safari, but if i had to make one comparison, it does not have the extensions that chrome does. however, i still prefer it to chrome due to its ease of use and nice design.

benefitting from a good web browser and solving research problems by being able to visit websites.

Safari review by Dan L.
Dan L.

"Works quite well"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and searching for websites, videos and music. Never crashes even with websites with large video files that start playing automatically.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it does what it is supposed to do and i haven't had any issues with it and have had my iphone for over a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've never had it crash, websites load very quickly and the settings are easy to adjust. No issues especially when compared to the Android that i had previously.

Viewing websites on my mobile device

Safari review by Zane G.
Zane G.

"Great for development QA on devices."

What do you like best?

I like being able to plug in iphones/ipads and be able to inspect elements using the desktop interface.

What do you dislike?

I have had trouble with the security of Safari. I think overall it's a good thing, but i've had times where i've had to either say we are not able to do something or find work arounds, for example, post message with iframes.

Mostly diagnosing rendering issues on devices.

Safari review by Steve V.
Steve V.

"Standard web browser for iOS "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and simplicity are great for iPhones

What do you dislike?

No flash support. Sometimes I notice video playback issues.

I am able to look up information on the go with ease

Safari review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"User Of Safari"

What do you like best?

Safari is alot faster than firefox, it runs videos faster and loaded them faster.Safari can as so load programs faster. To me firefox is nothin compared to Safari.

What do you dislike?

It is very necessary to understand that Safari has vulnerability to the malware , It has slow moments , It is not always compatible , There are a lot of security flaws , The flash does not work well with Safari .

It is very important to know that security is an issue for many users who use Safari for Windows , as security is not usually an issue for MAC users , The users who are well versed in MAC version of this program should take extra precautions when browsing the internet as it is vulnerable to intrusion by the malware like any other program .

It has the following options: Which makes it the best.

Developer Tools

Easy zooming options

Spelling and grammar check tools

Private browsing

Download Manager

Safari review by Johan W.
Johan W.

"Fast reliable browser"

What do you like best?

The simple interface och the "Apple"-feeling

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have more plugins like chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it with 1password.

As a web developer it's easy to develop a desktop and iOS version of the sites at the same time.

Safari review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"Safari Rocks your socks off!!!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to use. I don't use anything else if at all possible. I like the look and interface of the property. It is my go to for internet usage.

What do you dislike?

sometimes to access different places, I have to switch to firefox. I do not like firefox, but some applications will not load properly through Safari.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have a backup interface for any of the applications that may not load to Safari. It is awesome otherwise. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to switch from others.

We are working through all of our remote plans using Safari. It gives the easiest interface of all others.

Safari review by User in Paper & Forest Products
User in Paper & Forest Products

"Fast and easy way to browser "

What do you like best?

-It includes a pop-up blocker

-simple interface

-integrated Google toolbar

-easy bookmark management

-features tabbed browsing and auto fulfill

What do you dislike?

-It uses huge amount of RAM compared to other browsers.

-you can’t customize default toolbar search engine

The good part is that it requires no training since it’s simple to use. If training needed, it’s so simple that you can explain it less then 5 minutes to someone, which would save money from training soemone. It has great reading modes for someone to use during work.

Safari review by Amanda A.
Amanda A.

"Nice thought overall"

What do you like best?

I like the look of Apple safari better than other browsers

What do you dislike?

A lot of websites still don’t work well on safari which can be rather frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although safari is a great browser, there are sites that don’t work well on it.

Attempting to help customers access or use our website properly

Safari review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"First Time User"

What do you like best?

I like the seamless integration with Apple products such as iPhones.

What do you dislike?

I can from using Chrome on my phone and had to adjust to the different user interface. After a year, still adjusting!

I’m able to access the internet at the touch of a finger!

Safari review by Erin C.
Erin C.

"Safari Review "

What do you like best?

Safari is easy to use and it is compatible with multiple websites. It is easy to have multiple tabs open.

What do you dislike?

That some websites work better with google chrome.

The history button and bookmarks it easy to keep track of my most used websites.

Safari review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Decent browser for Macs if you're looking for something simple and no-frills"

What do you like best?

Safari comes standard on Mac OS, so there's nothing you need to do -- you can start using it right away.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's not much to dislike about it -- if you're looking for a simple web browser, it does its job pretty well.

As most of our office uses Apple products, collaboration becomes more streamlined and easier to share and edit files.

Safari review by Jonathan K.
Jonathan K.

"Normal User"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate the web and search content. Easy to install and very easy to learn

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is slow and cumbersome. Integration with other platforms would be useful or more seamless integration with the mobile services and syncing could be beneficial.

No problem, just optimizing the internet search capabilities - most search engines do not have a discernible difference from one to the other, the speed issues revolve around the ISP and available bandwidth

Safari review by User in Computer Software

"Very easy to use browser"

What do you like best?

I like that when using Safari on your Mac you can have all of the information on your iphone

What do you dislike?

It is missing the use of extensions like on Google Chrome

Recommendations to others considering the product

add extensions

simple browsing and internet use

Safari review by Administrator

"Good browser that just works"

What do you like best?

It's very fast and comes with MacOS. A very good alternative to Chrome for those of us who like something different.

What do you dislike?

Lacks functionality compared to Vivaldi.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it

Browsing the web

Safari review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"Safari User - 10 years"

What do you like best?

Native browser that syncs perfectly between all apple devices

What do you dislike?

lack of 3rd party add ons and add on support

Recommendations to others considering the product

encourage 3rd party development for add ons.

Quality assurance testing websites. The primary benefits are a stable browser that is updated frequently by Apple.

Safari review by User

"Performance suffers greatly on older Macs"

What do you like best?

Seamlessly syncs with Safari on iOS devices for bookmarks and using iCloud login keychain works well.

What do you dislike?

Buggy, slow, sometimes unusable on older MacBook Pro running Sierra.

The ability to keep my bookmarks synced between my MacBook Pro, iPhones and iPad.

Safari review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Fast Mobile Browser for iPhone"

What do you like best?

Fast mobile browser for iPhone, specially made for iOS system. Also have Siri speak and paragraph/story/sentence you want and can adjust it on settings.

What do you dislike?

No themes/colors available for browser, several more crashes than other mobile browsers and can only be used on iPhone iPod iPad products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easiest system to use for beginners.

Faster more efficient work being done by faster easier to handle devices.

Safari review by User in Higher Education

"It's a web browser. But that's it."

What do you like best?

I mean, it doesn't use too much battery and supports ad blockers. But website compatibility is sub-optimal.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how Safari doesn't work properly on certain academic websites.

It's a web browser. We use it to access business websites. The benefits are longer battery life.

Safari review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Apple Safari Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it's faster than most other browsers out there.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't seem to load as fast as google chrome.

I use it for most personal use. I prefer it over any other browser on my phone. It's fast and reliable.

Safari review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Surfing has never been smoother"

What do you like best?

I suppose it's the compatibility with other sites that I enjoy that I don't see with chrome or Firefox on this OS.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some sites images could be blocked or removed from vision because of the "JavaScript" and apple not linking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not glitchy, and very user friendly.

All business is done on Safari, for Wix CloudHosting, Music promotion, and creation.

Safari review by Derek Bohlen ~ O.
Derek Bohlen ~ O.

"Useful. Not intuitive."

What do you like best?

It is simple and mainstreamed for what we have going on.

What do you dislike?

It seems the functions of finding old sites and saving files are a little cumbersome.

daily meeting tasks

Safari review by Daniel B. H.
Daniel B. H.

"A good starter browser for Mac"

What do you like best?

This is the first browser I used when on my Mac. On my PC, I had used Chrome and Firefox, and I had used Safari on my iPhone.

What do you dislike?

Since many people use either Chrome or Firefox, there are a good number of web pages that seem to run slowly on Safari. If you run many Google programs, Safari also won't have many of the integrations you'd expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all of the apps you use. If they're Apple-specific, maybe it makes sense to use Safari. If you use Google apps, then consider Chrome.

I use this for basic web browsing, a necessary part of both my professional and personal lives.

Safari review by Stefan B.
Stefan B.

"The default browser for Mac is still a solid reference"

What do you like best?

It is a modern, competent and up to date browser, which plays nicely with most websites. It comes as default on OSX and while very similar in nature to the integration of Internet Explorer in Windows, nobody seems to object…

It is pretty fast, has usable shortcuts, supports WebGL (if you know how to enable it) and has a basic integrated Web Inspector, for occasional HTML or CSS inquiries.

The sidebar has some nifty features (read-later), there are thumbnails for top-sites and the most valuable feature for me: the "Reader" that interprets many (but not all) websites or blogs as a clutter-free readable (and printable) page. No banners, sidebars, … Just the main content and the article images.

What do you dislike?

It does not receive the newest and latests add ons that FireFox or Chrome seem to receive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As the default browser on Mac computers, it seems to be doing really well: fast javascript, responsive, good page rendering, compatible with most sites and sufficient add-ons for common tasks.

Day-to-day browsing on my Mac. And that is quite a part of the day. Hardly ever feel the urge to use another browser anymore.

Safari review by Ashley C.
Ashley C.

"I use this on my phone for internet "

What do you like best?

I like apple safari for iPhone searches.

What do you dislike?

I like chrome better for the computer bc of ease of use.

I can search anytime I need to.

Safari review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Good browser...confusing and can be slow"

What do you like best?

I like that most of the functions in Safari. It's works with other Apple products

What do you dislike?

It's slow sometimes and reader actually malfunctions often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would. I think Google has better products but Safari is good especially if you use Apple products.

I use the browser to read and educate myself and my staff...file sharing and downloading content is really helpful.

Safari review by Jenny P.
Jenny P.

"The "smart" choice for web browsing."

What do you like best?

Apple Safari is simple while at the same time offering oodles of tools. I like both the simplicity and the complexity that Apple Safari offers all in one product. I like the clean look of the product while not sacrificing usability.

What do you dislike?

Being relatively new to Apple products (less then two years), and being that I move back and forth between Apple and PC's, sometimes I forget some of the shortcuts and find somethings not as easy to navigate. I'm still on the learning curve and think this will probably improve with time!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember, as with any Apple products…it may take a little while to get used to them…but once you get the feel for the operating system you'll see how much smarter it is (over PC) and never want to go back! Just give it some time before giving up! It can be a little like learning a new language in the initial stages.

I find it hugely beneficial to be able to access all my frequently visited web pages with ease and speed. The reading and bookmarking tools are beyond measure!

Safari review by User in Research
User in Research

"Safari, despite its status as iOS's default browser, limited in its usability"

What do you like best?

Runs well on mobile devices, integrated well with other Apple products

What do you dislike?

Not as many features as other Internet browsers, not compatible with many programs commonly used in business practices

Mac users at the company use Safari for general internet purposes, though many of the systems and programs commonly accessed

Safari review by Narayanan V.
Narayanan V.

"It's a good and easy to use"

What do you like best?

easy to use and user friendly. I use a lot than IE

What do you dislike?

crash some time. Book mark is some time not easy to use

Looking for an easy UI

Safari review by User

"Great device for iPhone, crashes for Mac"

What do you like best?

I love how well it works on my iPhone! Flawless...

It's easy to toggle between private and history-saved browsing. Thumbs up

What do you dislike?

Safari on my Mac is absolutely awful. It always crashes and takes forever to load.

I have realized that it's the perfect default for iPhones but not for Macs!

Safari review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Safari is pretty good but not the speediest browser"

What do you like best?

Safari on a Mac has some nice smooth functionality. They added some functions that are not necessarily features but it makes the product feel like an Apple product. I like how all my bookmarks carry over to my iphone.

What do you dislike?

It's not the fastest and when you have a lot of windows or tabs open, your computer will slow down. This is not the case with other browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good solid browser for most needs.

Whenever doing any work on Apple based products, I use Safari and it tends to work better.

Safari review by Brittany T.
Brittany T.

"Clean and simple"

What do you like best?

I love safari as a whole. Its not my FAVORITE browser because its not quite as fast as say Chrome but it is an awesome little browser for sure! Its clean and simple to understand, it does what it needs to no muss no fuss.

What do you dislike?

There are some slowness issues and some discrepancies in code when displayed in safari over chrome or fire fox but no huge issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Greta browsing experience! Give it a whirl!

I use this at home mostly and i love that my book marks and history travel with my devices as long as i am logged in!

Safari review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Only Gets Better"

What do you like best?

With the new updates coming in and what I have already had with Safari's current version, closes pages, making new tabs, bookmarking, or viewing your history have never been easier. I am having a feeling things will only get more organized and easier with the new updates coming up. I have always enjoyed safari because you can change settings in the tool bar very quickly and easily, can track history easily or delete it, and you can create various pages and navigate with ease. Safari is very organized and does not require or have a bundle of tool bars taking over half of your screen like many of the other internet programs. I also enjoy how my bookmarks or searches can be synced to my other Apple devices.

What do you dislike?

Safari is great but may seem a little confusing the first time you use it because it uses more icons rather than word buttons. Of course, the hovering option is always available to describe what each button is for. It takes a little playing with, but once you use it and navigate through it, you won't be disappointed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend going through other internet software such as firefox, chrome, etc. to see what each program has to offer. Honestly safari will have a mix of a variety of features which is why I recommend playing with other internet providing programs.

Safari review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Good but not Great"

What do you like best?

It comes with your Mac and overall is a pretty quick and efficient browser.

What do you dislike?

I have a problem with opening a lot of windows and I would think that Apple knows this. Unfortunately, Safari slows way down with too many windows, to a point that I think I need a reboot. One day I decided to download Chrome and Mozilla... that problem magically disappeared.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you're a web addict that has to have 20 tabs open, then this product should be just fine for you.

It's a quick and efficient built in browser.

Safari review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Safari is easy to use, but I don't like it"

What do you like best?

The best part about safari is that I have not had problems with it loading, running or freezing.

What do you dislike?

The main reason I don't like it is because I found out that Safari stores every password that has ever been typed into the browser. This is really bad, because I got hacked because of Safari and this problem. Apple should really look into it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful to not login to safari on someone else's computer.

Benefits would be fast internet and ease of use. There is a good UX, but overall with the password problem I am not a fan.

Safari review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Normal user who uses safari for browsing and other basic stuff."

What do you like best?

Ui is so easy to use. Websites work flawlessly without hanging or exiting abruptly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that we have less integration options with safari unlike google chrome.

We use safari as our default browser. Less bugs.

Safari review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Safari "

What do you like best?

I do not care for safari unless I am using my iPhone.

What do you dislike?

It is a slow browser that often will not play movies, videos, gifs, and other things requiring plugins

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might want to try installing Chrome instead.

I have realized the benefit to using Chrome

Safari review by Bernardo D.
Bernardo D.

"Much more than a default browser"

What do you like best?

This is much more than a default browser - especially when it comes to Safari 7 (which will come in OS X Mavericks), the browser is really fast, even faster than other browsers I'm using such as Chrome, Firefox and Opera. You can also get web notifications for updates and it syncs across other Apple devices (so you can continue your browsing on your iPhone or iPad or iPod).

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far - perhaps the design could be a bit better, but I guess they're focusing more on the actual experience and what makes the gears work behind the scenes rather than the actual appearance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you really want to experience all the goodness of Apple Safari, use it on a Mac - the experience on Windows is below par (which I think is intentional, trying to persuade people to move away from Windows and other operating systems). Besides, don't install too many plugins - I only have Pocket installed to save articles to read on the go, and that doesn't chip in the overall browser performance.

Safari review by John O.
John O.

"A great browser, even on a Mobile Device"

What do you like best?

Safari is a great browser. It's fast, easy to use, and does a great job in presenting the information for a variety of websites. It performs great on a mobile device as well. I like how you can scroll through multiple tabs to get back to previous sessions. Well thought out design. I hope it only gets better in the future.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike about Safari, although there are times when it doesn't display content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Safari to other users. It is a great browser that performs well and works great on mobile devices.

Standardization of a browser on multiple devices.

Safari review by User in Financial Services

"I prefer chrome over Safari"

What do you like best?

It's integrated with my other apple devices so I can pick up a webpage on my mobile device when I was looking at it on my computer

What do you dislike?

less functionality compared to chrome and other browsers

N/A

Safari review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Great on the Mobile - only average on the PC"

What do you like best?

The mobile version is great. It's fast, it's functional on both the iPad and iPhone.

What do you dislike?

It's kind of slow on the PC. I don't use a MAC so I can't say - it's probably good. But on the PC I.E. 11 is better and Chrome is the best

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it on your iPad and iPhones - embrace it on the MAC - use Chrome on the PC

Web broswer compatibility testing

"Safari Review"

What do you like best?

It's native to iOS, and it's a clean interface

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't work as well as Chrome

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a decent browser options, but chrome is preferable.

Testing for users who use the native Safari app

Safari review by Erin P.
Erin P.

"Great on Macs"

What do you like best?

Mostly, I’m used to it – it was the default for my Mac and I am so familiar with it that sometimes it’s hard to switch to another browser. In general, it works well and suits my needs. Has fewer display issues than Explorer with my company’s clients’ websites.

What do you dislike?

As of just the past week, it seems to be getting incredibly slow…not sure why the sudden change. I thought it was my connection at first but it seems like it’s the actual browser causing issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the most part, Safari has been reliable, so I would think most Mac users would find it suitable. If you’re not familiar with the differences in browsers, I would still try Chrome first, but Safari is just fine.

Safari review by Jon J.
Jon J.

"Sometimes a nice clean browser is just the way to go"

What do you like best?

I really like how safari has stayed clean. Many other browsers cram many useless features into their browsers in a way that seems to crowd and busy it up. Safari has managed to stay feature rich, while still staying clean.

What do you dislike?

from a development and design standpoint, I really don't see any definite reason to use safari over firefox or chrome. So when it comes to the development addons and features available in firefox and chrome, safari doesn't really stand up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore the features available to you. Many features in safari just don't exist in other browsers.

Safari review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Safari for Apple, are there any other options"

What do you like best?

If we are doing comparisons, Safari is to OSX as Explorer is to Windows. The only difference is Safari gets it done for Apple and Explorer fell way behind. Safari is clean and works well on OSX.

What do you dislike?

I did pick up a company laptop and found Safari downloaded on a DELL, I almost died laughing. The Benefit of Apple developed anything is that Apple makes sure it runs well on their systems, but they could care less about compatibility with other systems. So it is limited. One of the major downfalls of Apple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using a MAC than you probably don't have many other options, possibly Opera or something but don't bother. Safari should work just fine for you.

Safari review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Pretty solid browser for Mac with some idiosyncracies, lacking functionality for PC"

What do you like best?

It is a pretty snappy browser and has several plugins like AdBlock - it generally has great font selections for browsing, although Windows doesn't render it as well as the Mac.

What do you dislike?

It stopped being supported for the PC after Safari 5.x - it also does not support HTML5 as flexibly as Firefox, Chrome, and IE 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It comes by default on the Mac - don't feel limited to only their browser, but add Chrome and Safari as well. On the PC, I wouldn't highly recommend it.

Safari review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"Fast and nice but lacks a few things"

What do you like best?

Safari is a very fast internet browser made by Apple. It loads sites without hesitating and it does almost everything that a normal browser should be able to do.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it is not constantly updated like other browsers are together with the fact that it does not have as many add-ons as it should have. Add ons are usually made for other platforms, but Apple should open the gates to doing this for Safari as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you need a fast and strong browser. If you need other things from your browser, look for something different.

Safari review by Josh Harcus I.
Josh Harcus I.

"Good for some things"

What do you like best?

It loads pages fast if you are just browsing the web.

What do you dislike?

It's not compatible with a lot of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not make this my primary browser.

Sometimes when Chrome isn't working, Safari gets the job done. It's a good backup browser.

Safari review by Cate C.
Cate C.

"It's Fine"

What do you like best?

The title of this review says it all. Safari is fine. It's not particularly helpful and there isn't really anything wrong with it. If you're an Apple user and are looking for a simple, out-of-the-box system, this will work just fine.

What do you dislike?

Safari doesn't offer much to entice people to use the browser. The lack of quality extensions and plugins is a bit disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for something basic, you've found it. If you want something a bit more robust - try Google Chrome.

Safari review by Alejandro C.
Alejandro C.

"Just love it, made my transition to Mac OS easier"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate with, easy to use. When I switched to Mac, web browsing was key for me to accommodate better to the new platform and Safari really helped. I now use it as my main browser, having supplanted Internet Explorer for most of my daily apps.

What do you dislike?

Just not 100% with some web stuff, but it'll get there

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it :)

Safari review by Massa G.
Massa G.

"Sophisticated yet simple gateway to the internet"

What do you like best?

This browser is so simple to use with a very stylish layout. Safari keeps track of my top sites, all my bookmarks are set out in a number of appealing ways. Very impressive!

What do you dislike?

I have the option of opening so many tabs that I could end up getting into a muddle! Not really a minus, as that would be my choice. There's hardly anything to dislike about this browser!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enjoying playing around with the different features!

Safari review by Mitch M.
Mitch M.

"My Personal Favorite Browser"

What do you like best?

The support of the multi-touch and gestures on Mac's track pad (3 finger tap dictionary look up, zoom, and right click tweeting) I also like the Reader and Cloud feature as well as the way it handles downloads.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't put favicons on the bookmark bar, has trouble navigating google docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best for Mac users, I would use Chrome or Firefox if you are running a PC or Linux

Safari review by Ruban K.
Ruban K.

"Chrome>FF>Safari>IE>Others"

What do you like best?

Comes as a package with OSX. No hangs. Better support with Quicktime players and Flash. HTML5 supported

What do you dislike?

Not much of customization options available

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's apple's product and that says it all. You should be happy to have Safari than IE is all I can say.

Safari review by Christopher E.
Christopher E.

"Inferior Product "

What do you like best?

Compatibility with other Apple products, comes pre-loaded on Macs, making some upgrades to try to compete with their superior peers

What do you dislike?

Slow, lack of features, doesn´t have many add-ons available, obsolete and outdated, problems working with non-Apple products/syncing

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Mac, use it for the sole purpose of downloading a better web browser like Safari. If you have a PC, don´t even think of using this product.

Safari review by Charysse S.
Charysse S.

"Middle of the Road"

What do you like best?

Apple Safari is "clutter-free". It doesn't not have superfluous features filling up the browser. It's relatively easy to navigate. It's OK for Apple users.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. It's not perfect, but not bad either. Safari never drew me in like other browsers have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better ones (Chrome, Firefox) and there's certainly worse (IE), but if you're on an Apple product, it works fine. It's neither slow nor fast and isn't skimpy nor robust. I guess "meh" describe it well.

Safari review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"looks great, works out - but ideally only for Apple Product users"

What do you like best?

the interface looks great. I think a few other brands could take note from Apple here (oh wait, they'll probably get sued).

I like the minimalistic design, so there are few pointless bars around the frame, especially at the top.

What do you dislike?

I use an android device, and apple havent provided the browser for android phones or tablets. This makes syncronisation very difficult!

I believe Safari is optimised to work brilliantly on Apple devices but i have noticed it has its problems with non-apple products!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It looks great, but its not worth using unless your an Apple fan and have Apple products. Safari works best when it can connect with other Apple devices for syncronisation. And lets not forget, it does not support Flash!

Safari review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Exploring the web through Apple Safari"

What do you like best?

I love the Top Sites page when I click onto adding another page. The lay out is simple and it contains my favorite sites.

What do you dislike?

I'm not crazy about how plain it is. I wish that the Top Sites were easier to manage.

I am able to work on multiple things at once.

Safari review by Bobby H.
Bobby H.

"It's the iOS version of IE"

What do you like best?

It works, but it's not the fastest or the most innovative

What do you dislike?

Compared to FIreFox and Google Chrome, Safari takes third place in the best browsers for iOS. It's slower and doesn't take advantage of the vast amount of plug-ins and apps available for the other two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the other browsers first

Safari review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"No Good."

What do you like best?

It works on my iPhone. I tried it on my PC... it is no longer installed.

What do you dislike?

No good. I have attempted to try all browsers available, this one was by far the worst. It seemed really slow and clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works best on the iDevices.

Safari review by Sai K.
Sai K.

"Best on iPhone and MAC. Please do not use with windows"

What do you like best?

I use it almost everyday on my mac and iphone. This is very good browser on mobile devices. I do not think it is a good browser for windows OS. It is very fast, secure easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not see much developer community or plug ins with this browser. Learn from google and make it an open source

Recommendations to others considering the product

best mobile browser

Safari review by Susie C.
Susie C.

"Difficult to use"

What do you like best?

Nothing really.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to use. A lot of systems and sites are not compatible with Safari. It is only exclusive to Apple products so you will find it hard to use this as a browser options for a company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time to get used to so patience is key.

Safari review by Susan K.
Susan K.

"Good if another browser doesn't work but overall slow "

What do you like best?

Easy to install and compatible with other Apple apps.

What do you dislike?

Seem to have a built in site blocker that would either take FOREVER to load the site you wanted or not connect at all but on the same computer instantly got in with Explorer. Also the default i had was to open 10 "add on" pages with news etc. automatically. I had to disable this feature to get it to open just the search page. Also annoying the Apple automatically installs it when you have iTunes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Am sure its great on an Apple computer but otherwise wouldn't bother.

Safari review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great performance for Mac and great out of the box browser"

What do you like best?

If you have multiple Mac's or iOS devices and use Safari, you can synchronize Safari with iCloud. The iCloud tabs is a great feature that lets you use Safari on one device, and open the exact same webpage on another. This is excellent if you are surfing on your iPad or iPhone and want to pick up on the page on your PC.

What do you dislike?

They unionized the search bar and the URL bar. I liked this being separate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the icloud bookmarks feature.

Safari review by Milan P.
Milan P.

"Safe and Secure"

What do you like best?

I feel safe a secure when browsing using Safari, given Apples notoriously vigorous screening process when it comes to software and application security.

The reading list is one of my favourite features - if your reading a webpage on your mac for example, if you pop oiut you can continue where you left off on Safari on your iPhone .

What do you dislike?

Nothing - Works as good as, if not better than alternatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, as good as Firefox and Chrome.

Safari review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Apple standard not for PC"

What do you like best?

Safari is a good browser for Apple. Designed by and to work on apples, its a good starting point. I have tried chrome for ipad and safari is much the same, no real benefit.

What do you dislike?

The PC version is very poor. Would be nice to sync bookmarks easily with my PC

Recommendations to others considering the product

great for ipad

Safari review by Oliver W.
Oliver W.

"Great Bwoser for iOS devices "

What do you like best?

As you would expect it works great on iOS devices - especially my mobile.

It is quite simple but does everything I need it to do. (Bookmark, multitabs, favourites, Siri voice command for searching, quick history view to help find what you have searched fo rbefore etc)

What do you dislike?

I tried to use it on my laptop (not a mac) but it didn't feel as good as Chrome

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and use it. Chrome is better on a laptop but Safaris works really well on iOS devices.

Safari review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Great for iOS. Just okay for PC/Mac."

What do you like best?

Safari is the #1 best internet browser for your iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, and iPod Touch. But if you are considering using it on your PC or Mac, don't! Download Chrome instead. Safari is just playing catchup and copycat with the more innovative internet browsers.

What do you dislike?

Safari on PC is awful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really your only viable option for iOS. And it's cool that it syncs your bookmarks and open tabs with Safari on your PC or Mac. But Chrome is still better.

Safari review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Safari - a good browser "

What do you like best?

Safari runs pretty fast - I don't know if it's the fastest, but its certainly less buggy than Internet Explorer.

What do you dislike?

I believe this is only available on Mac products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - I find Chrome to be slightly more reliable in terms of crashing but Safari is a good second browser to have available.

Safari review by Jared T.
Jared T.

"Nice browser on Apple, don't waste your time on Windows"

What do you like best?

A Webkit browser so it has very up to date features, looks and operates great on anything from Appple

What do you dislike?

There is a windows version but I have no idea why anyone would use it on a windows machines, as Chrome and Firefox are preferable browser options. It's not terrible it's just not as good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have no choice (i.e. an iPad) then your fine, but not the first browser I would select

"Just ok"

What do you like best?

This is not the best browser available, but I would choose this over Internet Explorer. I like the clean 'look.'

What do you dislike?

It seems to crash often and isn't compatible with some content. I would choose to use Firefox instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download Firefox

Learning about Apple Safari?

* We monitor all Apple Safari reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.