(429 reviews)

Learning about ApplicantStack?

ApplicantStack Reviews

Ask ApplicantStack a Question
Showing 429 ApplicantStack reviews
ApplicantStack review by Blair W.
Blair W.

"Great time saver!"

What do you like best?

I can easily sort through and search candidates and jobs. Assigning managers to jobs is easy. I love being able to create job and email templates - such a time-saver! Very easy to rate applicants or add notes. The bulk email options is very smooth. One smooth process for posting in several different spots. I use the onboarding module as well and successful candidates use it to complete the majority of their first-day paperwork before their first day - this makes their first day less 'sign here' and more 'welcome!'. We went digital last year and since new hires do their paperwork online, I don't have to worry about scanning anything.

What do you dislike?

I can only have five active users at one time - this gets complicated when I have more than five positions open all with different hiring managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are more robust application systems out there with more features like annual evaluation modules but this is very effective at the application tracking part.

This system allows managers in many different locations to view applicants and communicate with HR. I also use the onboarding module to save me tons of time processing new-hire documents.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ApplicantStack
ApplicantStack review by Justin W.
Justin W.

"Enjoying Applicant Stack"

What do you like best?

AS has great customer service, and it is generally very easy to learn. You can track a lot of applicants at once, and I appreciate that they charge based on users and not on number of applicants.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a little more functionality with regards to automated contact - Having templates for emails,etc.. is nice, but I'd like to be able to engage the system to automatically email folks without my input.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! It works great for us. Payment model is a huge plus.

We have certainly been able to solve a lot of recruiting issues - Lack of applications, organizing applicants, and the like. Being able to glance at resumes and work through hundreds of people in a day is nice.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

ApplicantStack review by Brittany W.
Brittany W.

"Great service."

What do you like best?

I like how easily accessible ApplicantStack is and customer service is very helpful if you ever have a question. I love how you can track when applicants are completing paperwork and can help. I like the layout of ApplicantStack and how organized everything is set up, this makes it easy for others who are not as tech savvy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes depending on the browser you use, you cannot upload certain documents. Also, if you don't have certain privileges you can't see as much information as far as date of birth of applicants. etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This site is easily accessible, fast, easy to learn.

Being able to do the paperwork online is very helpful and saves the office staff a lot of time.

ApplicantStack review by Laura R.
Laura R.

"ApplicantStack saved my sanity!"

What do you like best?

I love that all applications come to you via email, and you can track all applicants so easily! I used to have to do everything old-school, which uses up so many resources, including paper. I truly feel that by using ApplicantStack, I'm not only saving myself time and energy, but also quite a few trees! I was able to let my old job know about you guys, and they signed up as well.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike! I would say that you really need to know the exact spelling of a specific candidate if you are doing a search - there have been many times I couldn't find a application because their name was spelled uniquely. Maybe you could do a search by phone number as well? That might help.

It truly helps keep candidates organized, which is fantastic! I also have been able to easily find info on old applications.

ApplicantStack review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Senior Home Care Agency"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack has a very user-friendly interface. Since this is the first employee application system I have ever used, it was a huge relief for me to, after very little time, feel like I was able to navigate the interface with no concern. Also, I love the amount of customization ApplicantStack allows (eg: adjusting the work flow, adding new documents to Onboarding, changing email triggers, etc.). The ability to make adjustments that better suit your company's needs has been a huge benefit for our agency.

What do you dislike?

Since the "Talent Pools Leads" report is something I keep an eye on a weekly basis, it would be nice to have the ability to add some sort of notation to an applicant's information. Mainly, it would be convenient to leave a note when I've reached out to the applicant. This way,

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot recommend ApplicantStack highly enough. I have always had positive experiences with customer support and they always work with us to ensure that our needs are met.

ApplicantStack has not only increased our rate of completed applications (through a succinct application that discludes any extraneous questions), but also streamlines the hiring process (through automated email triggers to applicants and references alike). In addition, we recently started utilizing ApplicantStack's Onboarding system for new hire paperwork; I am very happy with this feature! It has saved both applicant's and hiring managers time and has cut back on the amount of paper we go through for each new employee.

ApplicantStack review by Nathan U.
Nathan U.

"Good product - steep price tag"

What do you like best?

This product is highly flexible. You can build a very custom service out of this software but it is a bit more limited then many other enterprise options.

What do you dislike?

This seems marketed to small organizations rather than enterprise level but the pricing is a bit steep for the limitations. For the $95 we are paying, and I think it has gone up since then, we are limited to only 1 administrator and 5 managers. The 5 managers is plenty but the 1 administrator is very limiting for the price point. Again, it is good software but I feel that price point is a bit high for their market demographic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set it up really well at the very beginning. Changing the processes is not difficult but can have unintended consequences on process efficiency.

The application and on-boarding process for our organization structure need to be complex. ApplicantStack helps us do these very complex things in a fairly simple way. It also seems to be fairly mature and stable software. The glitches are minimum to none and it works as sold.

ApplicantStack review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Overall my experience is a positive one."

What do you like best?

I like how well the software functions. I have not experienced any issues or glitches. Customer service is quick to respond and assist with anything you need.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I do not like about this software is it does not create one universal profile for candidates. Instead, the candidates profile is created based on a position. Meaning, this allows for duplicates of the candidates. So, if a candidate applies for multiple positions or has applied in the past, everything is on separate profiles. It will give you an icon by the candidates name notifying you there are duplicates, however you have to click on each individual duplicate to see the candidates history. It would be much more helpful if you could click on the history of the candidate and see all the positions they have applied for, the stage they're at in the hiring process for each position, any notes left from the recruiting team or HR team from past interviews or interactions and all communication with the candidate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product to help streamline your hiring process. I highly recommend using this above other products!

I like having the ability to post multiple job listings to a variety of job boards all at once. Before we started using ApplicantStack, we were having to go in to each Job site and post the adds individually. It has streamlined the process nicely.

ApplicantStack review by Amber M.
Amber M.

"Perfect for remote hiring"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily get sensitive information in a secure way. There are a lot of scammers out there and I want my new hires to feel confident that they can trust that their information is secure and protected. I also like that they can fill out and sign documents easily from their phones. I hire a lot of people remotely and getting paperwork done is always a pain. I also use this for acknowledgements of policies

What do you dislike?

I wish they could sign with their fingers instead of creating a standard signature. The IP address capture is helpful but for some of my papers I still require a unique signature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love using this product to onboard remotely. It's perfect for what I need it for and the ability to get all the paperwork done and signed. It's easy for the candidates also. If you need an easy and affordable way to hire remotely or even get policies acknowledged this is the best program. It's easy to use and the employees like it also

Policy acknowledgements, remote hiring paperwork. The benefits to this for onboarding makes us appear professional and allows us to onboard for different states or positions and customize the paperwork for each.

"Keeps Us Organized"

What do you like best?

I cannot imagine going back to the days of paper applications. An entire section of my desk was dedicated to apps before making the transition. I saved so much room just by going digital. I also love that we then have a database of people who have applied before, so we don't waste time on people we will never have an interest in hiring. The onboarding side is also worth the investment. We can send onboarding paperwork before orientation to streamline the day.

What do you dislike?

We had so many people call because they could not complete the app online. Once we eliminated the initial app in favor of a single screen of contact information, our completion rate nearly doubled. We still have them fill out the app online, but in our office where we can monitor for issues.

I would love to have integration with Office365 for scheduling interviews, but I'm satisfied manually pulling that information over to our main office calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Regardless of whether you use ApplicantStack or not, absolutely go paperless. It is so worth the investment! The tech support for us has always been top notch through our franchisor.

ApplicantStack really does help keep us organized. The reporting helps us identify where people are in the hiring process and if the process needs to be streamlined somewhere. Stages and notes help anyone in the office take calls and be able to give updates when our recruiter isn't available. As previously stated, I love having a history of people who have applied and having new hire paperwork all digital. It helps set us above our competition.

ApplicantStack review by Kayla  T.
Kayla T.

"Applicant Stack is User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the way that I can take candidates from one stage to the next. I feel that I can save a lot of time and energy by managing the workflow through software and it is far less likely that applications will become lost on my desk.

What do you dislike?

It is really hard to say. I really enjoy applicant stack and use it daily for my recruiting. I have difficulty finding things to dislike about Applicant Stack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Applicant Stack. I have had other human resources jobs in the past where I had to go through many stacks of resumes and applications by hand and then had to manage the entire interview process without any computer assistance. With Applicant Stack, I am able to see where each candidate is in the interview process and can easily sent information to their references. I recommend that people use Applicant Stack for as much of their hiring and onboarding process as possible. I can also access Applicant Stack from any computer.

I am able to keep my candidates organized and am able to see how many people are at each stage of the pipeline. I am hoping that as time goes on that I can further utilize Applicant Stack for not only the hiring process, but also the process of onboarding our new hires. One day I would love to have a completely paperless office.

ApplicantStack review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"Great resource for our business"

What do you like best?

Applicant stack is very user-friendly and intuitive. Our staff loves the ease with which we are able to create and assign forms. Applicant Stack has made our onboarding process much more efficient and effective. We are able to assign our external employees the majority of their onboarding documents before they even come in for new hire orientation.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to edit the PDF form within applicant stack instead of having to upload the new form and assign form fields each time your form is updated. It would also be great if applicant stack was compatible with other document types than just PDFs (such as Word, Google Docs, etc.). Lastly, if there was to track when annual documents were due for employees within the site, that would be beautiful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement ApplicantStack! You won't regret it!

It has made our onboarding process so much easier and time efficient. We are spending way less time on in-office orientations and on tracking down documents from employees. We are also using Applicant Stack for our annual document requirements, supervisions, etc.

ApplicantStack review by Ettel F.
Ettel F.

"My favorite ATS out there!"

What do you like best?

I really like this ATS because it's user friendly and easily to adjust and configure. The team is very supportive and that helps when you have situations that are unique to your industry. I can update things easily and they are always continuing to enhance the features. I just really love using this product! We are going to look into using the onboarding feature as well in the near future. Like I said, they are always adding features!

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I do not like about this software, so that makes it a bit difficult to answer this.

By implementing ApplicantStack and using it to it's full capacity, we are able to eliminate a lot of administrative burden that would exist without it. From a business perspective, we love the reporting capabilities which allow us to present data to the leaders and utilize that data to identify areas of strength, as well as continue to improve areas in need.

ApplicantStack review by Arul K.
Arul K.

"ApplicantStack made my job easier in many ways"

What do you like best?

The best part I would say in Applicant Stack is that a) It has been integrated with job boards and this made easier to source resumes b) can trigger emails to candidates automatically c) Able to set the work flow and follow that easily d) Everything that is needed for recruitment in one system e) Automatically updating candidate details while just uploading resumes or emails f) allocating tasks to other users g) Generating customized reports. Also, many more options which are very much useful. Thanks to ApplicantStack.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about ApplicantStack is that when we send email to candidates through ApplicantStack, it generates a email id which looks like a junk email ID and the candidates may ignore by seeing the email ID.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before shortlisting ApplicantStack, we have analyzed various other ATS and found that ApplicantStack is cost effective and has all the required features.

We are able to get suitable profiles and source candidate with minimal effort, coordinate with candidates easier, track candidates application, status and notes very easily, accessing all the required details any where in the globe as this application is a cloud based, generating reports which ever way we wanted. These are few examples. Overall, we have saved a lot of time using this application and able to use those saved time in our core business process. Thanks for Applicant Stack team for developing such a wonderful application.

ApplicantStack review by Bethany D.
Bethany D.

"WOW, couldnt ask for a better tool for a better price!"

What do you like best?

Applicant Stack is so easy to use, it is customizable, it has huge capabilities! It allows us to recruit seamlessly and onboarding candidates with no problems!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we do not like, everything is continually getting updated to make the site easier to use! If we need help it is always one click away. Customer service representatives are very quick to reply, I typically receive responses within an hour and it never takes longer then before the end of the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for companies of all sizes, for large companies that need more high level customization Applicant Stack have an option for you as well!

We are managing our recruiting through Applicant Stacks easy to use talent management system. We have found that we can proactively recruit, keep a repository if old positions, keep active lifelines of employees and keep up compliance requirements. Everything is customizable so we have full control over workflows and updating everything to meet our needs. Additionally, the onboarding portal allows us to easily transition employees that have been hired. Again, the system is completely customizable so we can use it to meet our needs. This allows us to use the system the way we want, for our company we actually use the onboarding system for all of our employees, so that they have a place for all their supporting documents and for any new documents that need signatures.

ApplicantStack review by Rebecca G.
Rebecca G.

"Organized our hiring process"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack has streamlined our hiring process. My desk used to be cluttered with piles of applications. Now it's much easier to see where our applicants are in the pipeline. Tech support is responsive to our needs and is always pleasant. I'm glad we made the change!

What do you dislike?

I'm able to customize the application myself utilizing a minor understanding of coding, but I'm sure some people may need more help from tech support. They have changed the way you adjust settings over the years, which took some getting used to, but nothing we couldn't handle. There's nothing I personally truly dislike about AppStack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone who is computer savvy if you're using the software. Tech support is great, but your life will be much easier if you have someone on your end with technical ability.

We are able to respond to applicants much more quickly and professionally when they call to check in on their app. No more shuffling papers on a coworkers desk to get the right paperwork! I'm also able to see if we recently rejected an applicant and the reason behind that decision instead of wasting time pursuing them again.

We also use the onboarding module, which we love. If a new hire doesn't complete their paperwork the day before orientation, we can check in with them to resolve any issues versus the pain of having them show up without any paperwork completed.

ApplicantStack review by Chester L.
Chester L.

"Perspective from a hiring manager (not a recruiter!)"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack lets me easily see the applicants for the role I'm hiring for. It's relatively easy to see their cover letters and resumes, and all interactions between my candidate and recruiter is logged so I can see what their communication and notes are.

What do you dislike?

The UI looks a bit dated, more of a traditional design, not terribly responsive. Also, after I've had more than 20 or 30 applicants, it becomes a pain to sort candidates so I can easily see which ones are new or need a followup. It's all possible but takes too many steps and not intuitively obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate a lot of other options. I definitely don't like the old-looking UI and the lack of responsiveness. Also it doesn't always turn word docs or PDFs into the the clearest images.

It's helped me to go through my applicants and quickly reject the ones I want to screen out. Eventually, the screen gets messy and overcrowded, but for the purpose of a applicant tracking tool, I feel it's good enough.

ApplicantStack review by Clayton R.
Clayton R.

"Wonderful people and an excellent program"

What do you like best?

My organization utilizes the ability to create a careers site for all our open jobs. Having this ability makes the life of our HR team much easier. We also love the care and attention that we are given when something is wrong or when we have simple questions.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that we dislike when using this program. For my company, I think not having the ability to measure analytics is difficult but not something that can't be worked around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering ApplicantStack, I hope you can see that this is going to be one of the best options for your organization. The ability to hire people and onboard them with one platform is amazing and I am so happy I decided to bring my organization into using ApplicantStack. Each part of the ApplicantStack program is well thought out and fit so well with my organization. Having the ability to create workflows has also helped tremendously when creating a seamless applicant experience. Also, we survey our new hires about the application with ApplicantStack and I only hear about how easy and quick it is to use. So far ApplicantStack has been my go-to for Applicant Tracking Systems not just here at my current organization but also at other organizations I've worked for in the past. They are a wonderful company with a great product.

Using ApplicantStack gives us the ability to seamlessly find applicants and hire the most qualified. It has done so many great things for my organization.

ApplicantStack review by Kristi M.
Kristi M.

"AppStack Makes the Hiring Process a Breeze"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to give each applicant the same 5-Star treatment. With automated emails and form building, I can painlessly get the hoards on information I need from each candidate while also sending the potential new hires everything they need to know about our company. After the interview process is complete, we use AppStack to gather final information necessary before new hires are scheduled for their first shift. Because we can easily download the files and upload them to our company files, the transition process is seamless. We aim to hire 15 employees every month, and that requires us to screen tens, sometimes hundreds of applicants per month- without AppStack, we'd have to hire 3 extra people!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, applicants do not meet the requirements for employment, and we invite them to reapply once they do. Unfortunately, we have to manually go in and delete their previous application before they are allowed to submit a new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more you put into AppStack, the more it will be a benefit to your company. Having computer saavy people to optimize this for your company is key- anyone can use this platform with ease, but it needs to be set up well.

Using applicant stack allows two people in our office to do the work of ten. So much time is saved not chasing down forms and information from incoming employees.

ApplicantStack review by Melissa T.
Melissa T.

"Extremely satisfied"

What do you like best?

The ApplicantStack platform is far and above the best value ATS I've seen. The system is extremely robust and customizable, comparable to some of the bigger name ATS's but very reasonably priced for even the smallest of companies. The system is pretty much ready to use right out of the box, but it's very easy to customize to exactly how your company needs to use it. There's really no limitations on what you can do with the system. We use the Recruit and Onboarding functions, and both are so easy to use and has made our hiring process so much more fluid. The feedback I usually get from new employees is "Wow, that was the easiest onboarding I've ever done at any company!"

What do you dislike?

Really, I don't have anything bad to say. Any issues that come up, the customer service team jumps on extremely quickly. They actually listen to requests for new features or changes to the existing platform. I can't think of a single thing that I've wanted to do in the ATS that ApplicantStack couldn't accomodate, it really has everything we need!

Recommendations to others considering the product

No matter the size of your company, ApplicantStack will have a solution for you. I recommend that you do a quick demo, the entire ApplicantStack team seems to be fantastic and they give a great overview of the product. They allow trial periods to let you test out the system, which was fantastic for us.

We are a small company (<100 employees) and didn't really have an ATS prior to ApplicantStack. This system has easily let us streamline our applicants and actually be able to track everyone in one easy system on our small budget. AS is a very professional site from an applicant and new employee perspective, and is unbelievably easy to use from a recruiter/administrative standpoint. It has saved our company countless hours of manual processing.

ApplicantStack review by Clara "Clarence" S.
Clara "Clarence" S.

"AppStack has definitely made sending out emails much easier"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of creating email templates, the customization of how we want every "stage" for a job to be, downloading reports and having an excel spreadsheet to better analyze the data

What do you dislike?

notes on candidates aren't seen by other people who are not under the same 'job' and often this can cause confusion so a candidate that we wouldn't otherwise contact again is contacted, or two people in the company reach out to the same candidate for two different roles because it's not intuitive to check if that person is already being considered for another role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely involve your IT team in the conversation as it will make it 100% more easier to decide if AppStack is right for your organization's needs, and it will make it easier when implementing AppStack to have your IT team back you up.

Mass emails. Using global settings for notes, and potentially using AppStack for my own business.

ApplicantStack review by Karen M.
Karen M.

"No more paper!"

What do you like best?

The best part about using ApplicantStack for applications is that you can review applications online and "work" them without having any paper, easily disburse them to appropriate managers and then move them to the onboarding program when hired and do all new hire paperwork - again, without paper! Simplifies the process and saves time all around! I also appreciate the fact that whether or not I'm in the office I can view and work the applications through our internal process allowing 24/7 capabilities. The AppStack staff is also very responsive to issues and requests.

What do you dislike?

There are some small quirks in the onboarding program (which is still fairly new) when it comes to notifications and receiving too many emails when forms are signed (we have training classes of 3-7 people at a time) and due to the amount of paperwork, my email notifications get black listed and I stop receiving them... but other than that I can't think of any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're still doing paper apps, it's time to switch to AppStack! You won't regret it ... and it's quite affordable as well.

Being able to "share" the applications with appropriate and multiple hiring managers. Not having to spend time at the copier getting new hire paperwork packets put together. Again, time saving and paper saving.

ApplicantStack review by Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.

"Simple and organized"

What do you like best?

We like the on-boarding process the best. We used to print out all of the new hire paperwork and sit for an hour plus waiting for everyone to get the paperwork completed. Now we can send it out right away when we know they are going to be hired. And we can electronically sign it too! It has saved us so much time.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say something I dislike it would be the use of reports. They aren't as intuitive as other programs. I do need some of the reports to complete monthly scorecards but I don't always remember where to find them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really will help keep your HR team organized and more importantly potential candidates will love the ease of use!

We are able to solve the turn around time of getting new people hired. They can apply and be hired with in the week.

ApplicantStack review by April M.
April M.

"Good starting point"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for the applicants and new hires. It's very user friendly on the applicant side of the program.

What do you dislike?

It is not very user friendly for the employer side of the program. The help center is not as helpful as it should be to learn how to maneuver through ApplicantStack. The Hiring Managers can't access nearly enough information and the cost to add more Administrators is quite high. The program isn't worth that high of a cost.

We are cutting the number of clerical errors by putting all of recruiting and onboarding paperwork into electronic format allowing us to make these documents required before they can move on.

ApplicantStack review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Effective Applicant Management"

What do you like best?

I like the ability for others in the workflow to edit things so that it is a collaborative effort. The ability to customize displays and make action items different for each stage is amazing.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about the product. What I do dislike revolved primarily how my company has rolled it out, locking down setting options. In order to make the workflows within ApplicantStack work for my team, I have to ask for permission to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's a valuable workflow tool.

The ability to get my boss to review resumes and make them actionable to I can set up interviews in a timely manner.

ApplicantStack review by Bree A.
Bree A.

"Made my job easier "

What do you like best?

Applicant Stack is easy to use, we can do proper reporting, and save candidates for future use. Overall it saves time posting jobs and give us good visibility in the marketplace for our job posts. We no longer have to go site to site to post jobs. In many situations it is free to post. Its been a great addition to HR suite of products and we are glad that we found it.

What do you dislike?

Lack of folders to file candidates i. If we had folders it would be easier to keep the home screen clean .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, easy touse.

Saved 1000's in recruiter and posting fees.

ApplicantStack review by Lori R.
Lori R.

"Excellent Hiring Software"

What do you like best?

The ability to follow and track an applicant from the initial inquiry through the entire hiring process. ApplicantStack not only sends our job ads out to the most prominent sites, but allows us a stellar tracking process all the way to hire. We also through the robust reporting platform are able to run numbers for inquiries, applicants, hired, etc. This enables us to see where our business weaknesses are in the hiring process and give us the opportunity to strengthen these areas.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say I haven't found anything that I dislike in the 3.5 years I have been utilizing the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend, relatively easy to use

Definitely keeps us on track through the entire hiring process. We don't let things slip through the cracks. Gives us the ability to connect with the applicants throughout the entire process at critical intervals.

ApplicantStack review by Richard  S.
Richard S.

"Unbelievably efficient tool "

What do you like best?

It is great to just go to one source to see all the candidate information. Tracking the stages from step to step makes it easy to coordinate who has to do what when inside the office. The customer service has been over the top awesome. So quick and always complete.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is that I can never remember my password

The workflows have allowed us to streamline our internal processes shortening the time to move a candidate through the process. The templates make sure that the communications going out meet the standards that I want representing me.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like all the automated/pre-made emails you can send to applicants. Makes screening through applicants less time consuming. Viewing applications is simple. Easy way to communicate with applicants.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could leave notes on applications that can be viewed. For example when you choose "do not pursue" and then you have to pick a reason and it's optional to make a note. I wish those notes showed up on their application when you went back to look at it. (I may not know how to find this feature if it already exists).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to have a tutorial done so you can learn about all of the features that you may not know about that can make things a lot easier and even improve the screening of applicants to hire better people.

Hiring needs.

ApplicantStack review by Sarah  S.
Sarah S.

"Simple & Productive!"

What do you like best?

The program is easy to use and makes posting to multiple job boards a breeze. The additional onboarding feature is worth the extra monthly spend to keep all candidates in the same platform and store documents. Uploading any paperwork, interview notes, etc. eliminates boxes of retention files and allows us to review a past candidate if or when they apply again - for any position.

What do you dislike?

My wish would be for a feature to auto renew a job posting, rather than having to manually update.

We are solving the problem of paperwork storage and knowing when one person has applied multiple times over the years - the system connects them together based on emails used. We work with an average of 1800 applicants a year through the system. It is key that we are organized and consistent.

ApplicantStack review by Doug H.
Doug H.

"Excellent product for Human Resource onboarding"

What do you like best?

We moved our onboarding for new hires to ApplicantStack early in 2017 and have been absolutely thrilled. The time savings and added organization for employee files is tremendous. Everyone is asking now why we waited so long to make this move. Setting up the forms was simple and any questions we had were answered quickly and professionally. I give ApplicantStack my highest endorsement.

What do you dislike?

We have not found anything to dislike about this product.

Before ApplicantStack, all of our new hire paperwork was scanned and emailed to the HR department. We were not as reliable about keeping track of forms that were missing or not fully completed. Now, we are totally organized and much more efficient. I am sure that the annual fee we spend per year is saved in HR labor that is freed up.

ApplicantStack review by User

"A Job Search's Best Friend"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack is easy to operate and very straightforward in usability. The simple interface allows the user to quickly scan new, current, and old applicants and allows them to be set in various stages. These stages can be set to the user's personal or business needs depending on the job. It also makes it very easy to contact the candidates that have applied.

What do you dislike?

The login is company specific, so you are not able to just login from the main website. You must login via your company's specified login link, which can pose a problem to employees that lose that information.

ApplicantStack allows for multiple inputs from various job search websites and combines them in one easy to utilize space. We are cutting down on time finding employees and having to search through a multitude of websites.

ApplicantStack review by Nathan C.
Nathan C.

"Outstanding Product--High Recommeded"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, the ability to delegate hiring managers. The capacity to create knock-out questions. The workflow capabilities are outstanding. This product was a game changer for our HR team. The IT team search for products that were affordable, easy to use, and scalable. ApplicantStack did all three.

What do you dislike?

This solution does exactly what we need. I had wished that there was a training site, but with the help videos, that has been a value-add.

We have been able to streamline our hiring and recruiting process. Prior to IT coming up with this solutions, resumes were emailed to HR, and they would forward potential candidates to hiring managers. Now, with the ability to add hiring managers directly into the system they can quickly review candidates, freeing up HR to focus on other tasks.

ApplicantStack review by Tami P.
Tami P.

"Very happy with Applicant Stack!"

What do you like best?

I like the tracking of the applicant and the fact that we can now send new hire forms directly to the applicant via app stack.

What do you dislike?

Having to change status to hired in order for paperwork to be sent out and then have to go back and change to conditional job offer for it to link with Clear Care.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love the updates we get and when there is an issue, Jeff is always quick to respond.

Allowing new hire forms to be sent out and completed by applicant prior to hire. Huge time saver for us!

ApplicantStack review by Carolyn B.
Carolyn B.

"Time Management"

What do you like best?

With the ability to set stages, it helps to keep the process in mind at a glance, and to know what is next on the agenda to completely process applicants who may be come employees.

What do you dislike?

I have not really found a dislike at this point in my usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get well versed in all the options, so it can give you the best possible support you need for HR functions.

The emails help me to know when someone is new, and the ability to immediately move them into a category for later viewing really helps out.

ApplicantStack review by Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.

"Great customer service, user friendly"

What do you like best?

The system is extremely user-friendly and easy to understand

What do you dislike?

There are technical issues every so often but the staff is always very responsive. I have had some issues lately that I could not get an answer about. That was a bit frustrating.

Organization of applications, moving them through stages of hire, online application. The online application was a game changer as far as amount of applications received and less time spent on paper files. We also now use the Onboarding feature, which makes orientation go more smoothly and allows us to collect electronic signatures.

ApplicantStack review by Alysha P.
Alysha P.

"Great Applicant Tracking Tool!"

What do you like best?

I like how easily Applicant Stack integrates with our ClearCare system and how I can track where the applicant is in the hiring process. It is pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reports were easier to navigate. I can't seem to get all the information I am looking for in to one report. It would also be nice if there were a way to integrate applicants that we do not hire into the ClearCare system without setting the stage to "conditional job offer".

We receive a large volume of applicants and ApplicantStack helps me to stay organized. I can enter notes and track who I have talked to, who I haven't talked to yet, why people weren't hired and what stage they are at in the application process.

ApplicantStack review by Jeff C.
Jeff C.

"Affordable and Works As Advertised!"

What do you like best?

Posting to multiple job boards and tracking candidates all in the same place.

What do you dislike?

It took me a little while to get comfortable with the system - but the help and support articles/videos were useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it at least for the free trial period to post a job or two -- It may not as flashy as some of the newer platforms, but they clearly understand what needs to be done to support a strong talent acquisition process.

I don't have time to chase down good candidates - ApplicantStack made it so I could focus on my business while resumes showed up in my inbox.

ApplicantStack review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"Wonderful solution to hiring and onboarding"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack is a wonderful tool for hiring. The ability to create different job postings and have them post to multiple sites makes posting jobs so easy. I can make separate post for separate criteria and they all get pushed to multiple career sites.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike. I wish I could seamlessly integrate into our other software that we use for caregiver management, but it is not a big deal at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ApplicantStack can make hiring, interviewing, assessing, and onboarding your applicants a breeze. The support team is wonderful and will help you with anything that you need.

ApplicantStack helps us to get the candidates we need for the jobs we have and allows us to streamline all of the processes we have.

ApplicantStack review by Heather E.
Heather E.

"Great for setting up hiring process"

What do you like best?

I like the views are easy to use & its easy to push candidates through the process.I really like the filtering options.

What do you dislike?

The resume formatting sometimes shows up poorly depending on how the candidate uploaded their resume so I have to download the resumes to see the "real" format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set up your templates and responses correctly to save you time in the long run. Also take the time to use the "Questions" for each job posting. It really allows you to get quick answers to evaluate a candidate.

We need to streamline hiring and get more consistent results. This also centralizes our hiring process so we can all follow along with the candidates as they go through the process.

ApplicantStack review by Benji T.
Benji T.

"Better than the rest..."

What do you like best?

I like the way you can taylor questions for specific jobs. This assists with the screening tremendously and it keeps each job application from looking exactly the same. When there are multiple jobs posted, coming off as "canned" is very easy to do. This helps negate that.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way you have to transition from recruiting to onboarding. I would be more user friendly if one could see everything they needed in one place. Toggling back and forth wastes time, and time wasted is $.

I like the way it scores the applicants for you so that you know before you have to call or go through an interview whether or not an applicant possesses the skills needed for the job they applied too.

ApplicantStack review by Heather  B.
Heather B.

"ApplicantStack Review"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the program. I really enjoy the lay out and being able to find things easily. The system is very well laid out so that organizing resumes its easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

The search option is a bit slow at times, and it would also be helpful if you were able to search partial names .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Applicant stack is very user friendly and the organization that is offered is fantastic. The reports that are able to be run are used for all kinds of other company information that is helpful on all levels.

Affirmative Action reporting is a huge problem we are able to solve with the help from applicantstack. The reports are very helpful for the information that is requested from HR.

ApplicantStack review by Tara Ann B.
Tara Ann B.

"Talent Acquisition Partner"

What do you like best?

Boolean search, reporting, documentation, sharing profiles, tracking sources and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Managers seeing resumes before I had a chance to review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The external and internal UI looks great and easy to use. Boolean search is very important to Recruiters. Sharing resumes with hiring managers is easy. Reporting tools are easy. You pay for what you need so it can be an affordable solution for smaller companies. I have used Taleo, BrassRing and Workday and I find ApplicantStack much more user friendly. If company is approaching 100 employees, using an ATS is important for your EEO reporting.

Reporting and pulling customizing the data is great. The metrics of days open, days to fill is helpful. EEOE reporting is very important.

ApplicantStack review by Debbi P.
Debbi P.

"Easy to Use, Very Affordable, and AWESOME customer service!!"

What do you like best?

The software itself is great, very flexible and customizable, and easy to use. It packs a punch with minimal cost to our HR budget. My favorite thing about ApplicantStack is their customer service. If I ever need a change done to a template, they are answering me back within minutes.. seriously. And when they answer back they have usually already taken care of my request. I've never had that experience with any other software. We have looked at a lot of ATS systems....most are VERY expensive, and ApplicantStack, hands down, was the winner!

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. It works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend checking out all options.. we did, and always came back to ApplicantStack.

We love that we can have all applicants apply in one place. If we post outside of ApplicantStack, say Craigslist, it is very easy to insert the hyperlink to the job listing on ApplicantStack. We no longer have applicants coming in from everywhere.

ApplicantStack review by Matthew D.
Matthew D.

"HR Generalist"

What do you like best?

It is super intuitive and easy to use. They've made some great upgrades lately that have really enhanced the user interface and look of the product!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the fact that it's a stand-alone applicant tracking system and not part of a larger HRIS package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an efficient and cost effective solution that will save you time, effort, and money! I'd highly recommend to all!

The biggest business problem we had before ApplicantStack was data management and reporting. It was hard to keep track of everything on manual spreadsheets and piece various data collection methods together to get accurate reports. AppStack has made this all much easier and save a lot of time and effort!

ApplicantStack review by Administrator

"Great for all your hiring and onboarding needs!"

What do you like best?

I like having all of my applicants in one spot, the job postings that they do for me, and the ability to upload and create any onboarding documents I need.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. ApplicantStack does all that I need it to do and I have no problems with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to streamline all the data for your applicants in one place, all jobs posted for you, all the onboarding documents you could think of or create, AppStack is where you need to go!

It makes hiring the right candidate easier. Streamlines the process and makes contacting applicants easy, reporting on data easy, and getting down to the reasons of why some people don't make it through the hiring process.

ApplicantStack review by Travis M.
Travis M.

"Great System!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to send the electronic documents to our candidates and employees. I also like that you can send emails to the employees and follow up with the candidates and employees. Also having the ability to send out the job postings to multiple sites at one time as well as being able to send links to the candidates via email to send them a job link to a job directly.

What do you dislike?

There really are not any dislikes at this time. This system has everything you need to recruit and onboard your employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great one stop system for recruiting and onboarding!

We are saving a lot of office time spent signing papers and scanning them and storing them.

ApplicantStack review by Victor B.
Victor B.

"Lifesaving Software"

What do you like best?

I like using ApplicantStack because it gives us the ability to post our openings across multiple platforms. We are able to confirm interviews, refer applicants to other offices and keep track of their on-boarding process. I would recommend this software for most HR professionals across a number of industries.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about this software.

We utilize ApplicantStack to keep track of our candidates. The software allows us to do so many things to streamline the hiring process.

ApplicantStack review by User in Financial Services

"Campus Recruiter"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Applicant Stack is the ease of information display. Specifically, I like that I can view all jobs that I'm an owner on the same screen.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that when viewing the workflow of my jobs, I am unable to customize the fields I am viewing. For example, when I am recruiting for a campus recruiting role, I would like to be able to view the students University as a field in the workflow so that I can sort the applicants by University- but was told by Applicant Stack that this could not happen. I had to work with Applicant Stack, explain the issue multiple times, and the solution was not satisfactory. The solution that Applicant Stack provided to my issue was to run a report on specific fields in a job application- this report in theory would be fine, but unfortunately it takes about 30-45 minutes to run, and I simply can't wait that long for a report when I need the information more readily available.

With applicant stack, I am recruiting talent for our organization. Benefits wise, I have realized that it can be nice to view all jobs on the same screen in a listed fashion.

ApplicantStack review by Angela  Michelle A.
Angela Michelle A.

"Service Manager"

What do you like best?

The best thing for me is how easy it is to move your candidates thru each stage during the hiring process . You can add notes , emails , etc very easily . It is truly a simplified way of going thru the hiring process and accessing many applicants, especially when you are under time constraints. It is a total streamlined process that is easy for everyone.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I do not like about applicant stack.

Being able to track our progress thru each phases of the hiring stage would be extremely difficult if we did not have applicant stack. You can run and print all your reports straight from the source. I like that!

ApplicantStack review by Annie T.
Annie T.

"Hear from your Customers!"

What do you like best?

- cost affordable

- easy to use

- job boards partnered with AS

- quick & helpful support from the Customer Service team

What do you dislike?

- reports are not easy to generate nor have visuals/dashboards

- the UI can be worked on

- job listing UI is outdated compared to Jobvite, GoogleHire, and more

- candidates have to create an account to apply for jobs (we are focused on creating an easy candidate experience)

- job application fields template are not easy to edit & requires you to contact a rep to make the changes

Recommendations to others considering the product

- have visual dashboards for UI and

- beef up the UI

Maintaining a candidate pipeline into one centralized hub

Learn more about ApplicantStack

ApplicantStack Videos

ApplicantStack Downloads

Learning about ApplicantStack?

* We monitor all ApplicantStack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(429 reviews)