ApplicantStack

Work for ApplicantStack?

Learning about ApplicantStack?

ApplicantStack Reviews

Ask ApplicantStack a Question
ApplicantStack review by Nathan C.
Nathan C.

"Outstanding Product--High Recommeded"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, the ability to delegate hiring managers. The capacity to create knock-out questions. The workflow capabilities are outstanding. This product was a game changer for our HR team. The IT team search for products that were affordable, easy to use, and scalable. ApplicantStack did all three.

What do you dislike?

This solution does exactly what we need. I had wished that there was a training site, but with the help videos, that has been a value-add.

We have been able to streamline our hiring and recruiting process. Prior to IT coming up with this solutions, resumes were emailed to HR, and they would forward potential candidates to hiring managers. Now, with the ability to add hiring managers directly into the system they can quickly review candidates, freeing up HR to focus on other tasks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ApplicantStack
Showing 259 ApplicantStack reviews
ApplicantStack review by Ettel F.
Ettel F.

"My favorite ATS out there!"

What do you like best?

I really like this ATS because it's user friendly and easily to adjust and configure. The team is very supportive and that helps when you have situations that are unique to your industry. I can update things easily and they are always continuing to enhance the features. I just really love using this product! We are going to look into using the onboarding feature as well in the near future. Like I said, they are always adding features!

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I do not like about this software, so that makes it a bit difficult to answer this.

By implementing ApplicantStack and using it to it's full capacity, we are able to eliminate a lot of administrative burden that would exist without it. From a business perspective, we love the reporting capabilities which allow us to present data to the leaders and utilize that data to identify areas of strength, as well as continue to improve areas in need.

ApplicantStack review by Arul K.
Arul K.

"ApplicantStack made my job easier in many ways"

What do you like best?

The best part I would say in Applicant Stack is that a) It has been integrated with job boards and this made easier to source resumes b) can trigger emails to candidates automatically c) Able to set the work flow and follow that easily d) Everything that is needed for recruitment in one system e) Automatically updating candidate details while just uploading resumes or emails f) allocating tasks to other users g) Generating customized reports. Also, many more options which are very much useful. Thanks to ApplicantStack.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about ApplicantStack is that when we send email to candidates through ApplicantStack, it generates a email id which looks like a junk email ID and the candidates may ignore by seeing the email ID.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before shortlisting ApplicantStack, we have analyzed various other ATS and found that ApplicantStack is cost effective and has all the required features.

We are able to get suitable profiles and source candidate with minimal effort, coordinate with candidates easier, track candidates application, status and notes very easily, accessing all the required details any where in the globe as this application is a cloud based, generating reports which ever way we wanted. These are few examples. Overall, we have saved a lot of time using this application and able to use those saved time in our core business process. Thanks for Applicant Stack team for developing such a wonderful application.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

ApplicantStack review by Bethany D.
Bethany D.

"WOW, couldnt ask for a better tool for a better price!"

What do you like best?

Applicant Stack is so easy to use, it is customizable, it has huge capabilities! It allows us to recruit seamlessly and onboarding candidates with no problems!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we do not like, everything is continually getting updated to make the site easier to use! If we need help it is always one click away. Customer service representatives are very quick to reply, I typically receive responses within an hour and it never takes longer then before the end of the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for companies of all sizes, for large companies that need more high level customization Applicant Stack have an option for you as well!

We are managing our recruiting through Applicant Stacks easy to use talent management system. We have found that we can proactively recruit, keep a repository if old positions, keep active lifelines of employees and keep up compliance requirements. Everything is customizable so we have full control over workflows and updating everything to meet our needs. Additionally, the onboarding portal allows us to easily transition employees that have been hired. Again, the system is completely customizable so we can use it to meet our needs. This allows us to use the system the way we want, for our company we actually use the onboarding system for all of our employees, so that they have a place for all their supporting documents and for any new documents that need signatures.

ApplicantStack review by Rebecca G.
Rebecca G.

"Organized our hiring process"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack has streamlined our hiring process. My desk used to be cluttered with piles of applications. Now it's much easier to see where our applicants are in the pipeline. Tech support is responsive to our needs and is always pleasant. I'm glad we made the change!

What do you dislike?

I'm able to customize the application myself utilizing a minor understanding of coding, but I'm sure some people may need more help from tech support. They have changed the way you adjust settings over the years, which took some getting used to, but nothing we couldn't handle. There's nothing I personally truly dislike about AppStack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone who is computer savvy if you're using the software. Tech support is great, but your life will be much easier if you have someone on your end with technical ability.

We are able to respond to applicants much more quickly and professionally when they call to check in on their app. No more shuffling papers on a coworkers desk to get the right paperwork! I'm also able to see if we recently rejected an applicant and the reason behind that decision instead of wasting time pursuing them again.

We also use the onboarding module, which we love. If a new hire doesn't complete their paperwork the day before orientation, we can check in with them to resolve any issues versus the pain of having them show up without any paperwork completed.

ApplicantStack review by Chester L.
Chester L.

"Perspective from a hiring manager (not a recruiter!)"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack lets me easily see the applicants for the role I'm hiring for. It's relatively easy to see their cover letters and resumes, and all interactions between my candidate and recruiter is logged so I can see what their communication and notes are.

What do you dislike?

The UI looks a bit dated, more of a traditional design, not terribly responsive. Also, after I've had more than 20 or 30 applicants, it becomes a pain to sort candidates so I can easily see which ones are new or need a followup. It's all possible but takes too many steps and not intuitively obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate a lot of other options. I definitely don't like the old-looking UI and the lack of responsiveness. Also it doesn't always turn word docs or PDFs into the the clearest images.

It's helped me to go through my applicants and quickly reject the ones I want to screen out. Eventually, the screen gets messy and overcrowded, but for the purpose of a applicant tracking tool, I feel it's good enough.

ApplicantStack review by Clayton R.
Clayton R.

"Wonderful people and an excellent program"

What do you like best?

My organization utilizes the ability to create a careers site for all our open jobs. Having this ability makes the life of our HR team much easier. We also love the care and attention that we are given when something is wrong or when we have simple questions.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that we dislike when using this program. For my company, I think not having the ability to measure analytics is difficult but not something that can't be worked around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering ApplicantStack, I hope you can see that this is going to be one of the best options for your organization. The ability to hire people and onboard them with one platform is amazing and I am so happy I decided to bring my organization into using ApplicantStack. Each part of the ApplicantStack program is well thought out and fit so well with my organization. Having the ability to create workflows has also helped tremendously when creating a seamless applicant experience. Also, we survey our new hires about the application with ApplicantStack and I only hear about how easy and quick it is to use. So far ApplicantStack has been my go-to for Applicant Tracking Systems not just here at my current organization but also at other organizations I've worked for in the past. They are a wonderful company with a great product.

Using ApplicantStack gives us the ability to seamlessly find applicants and hire the most qualified. It has done so many great things for my organization.

ApplicantStack review by Kristi M.
Kristi M.

"AppStack Makes the Hiring Process a Breeze"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to give each applicant the same 5-Star treatment. With automated emails and form building, I can painlessly get the hoards on information I need from each candidate while also sending the potential new hires everything they need to know about our company. After the interview process is complete, we use AppStack to gather final information necessary before new hires are scheduled for their first shift. Because we can easily download the files and upload them to our company files, the transition process is seamless. We aim to hire 15 employees every month, and that requires us to screen tens, sometimes hundreds of applicants per month- without AppStack, we'd have to hire 3 extra people!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, applicants do not meet the requirements for employment, and we invite them to reapply once they do. Unfortunately, we have to manually go in and delete their previous application before they are allowed to submit a new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more you put into AppStack, the more it will be a benefit to your company. Having computer saavy people to optimize this for your company is key- anyone can use this platform with ease, but it needs to be set up well.

Using applicant stack allows two people in our office to do the work of ten. So much time is saved not chasing down forms and information from incoming employees.

ApplicantStack review by Melissa T.
Melissa T.

"Extremely satisfied"

What do you like best?

The ApplicantStack platform is far and above the best value ATS I've seen. The system is extremely robust and customizable, comparable to some of the bigger name ATS's but very reasonably priced for even the smallest of companies. The system is pretty much ready to use right out of the box, but it's very easy to customize to exactly how your company needs to use it. There's really no limitations on what you can do with the system. We use the Recruit and Onboarding functions, and both are so easy to use and has made our hiring process so much more fluid. The feedback I usually get from new employees is "Wow, that was the easiest onboarding I've ever done at any company!"

What do you dislike?

Really, I don't have anything bad to say. Any issues that come up, the customer service team jumps on extremely quickly. They actually listen to requests for new features or changes to the existing platform. I can't think of a single thing that I've wanted to do in the ATS that ApplicantStack couldn't accomodate, it really has everything we need!

Recommendations to others considering the product

No matter the size of your company, ApplicantStack will have a solution for you. I recommend that you do a quick demo, the entire ApplicantStack team seems to be fantastic and they give a great overview of the product. They allow trial periods to let you test out the system, which was fantastic for us.

We are a small company (<100 employees) and didn't really have an ATS prior to ApplicantStack. This system has easily let us streamline our applicants and actually be able to track everyone in one easy system on our small budget. AS is a very professional site from an applicant and new employee perspective, and is unbelievably easy to use from a recruiter/administrative standpoint. It has saved our company countless hours of manual processing.

ApplicantStack review by Clara "Clarence" S.
Clara "Clarence" S.

"AppStack has definitely made sending out emails much easier"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of creating email templates, the customization of how we want every "stage" for a job to be, downloading reports and having an excel spreadsheet to better analyze the data

What do you dislike?

notes on candidates aren't seen by other people who are not under the same 'job' and often this can cause confusion so a candidate that we wouldn't otherwise contact again is contacted, or two people in the company reach out to the same candidate for two different roles because it's not intuitive to check if that person is already being considered for another role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely involve your IT team in the conversation as it will make it 100% more easier to decide if AppStack is right for your organization's needs, and it will make it easier when implementing AppStack to have your IT team back you up.

Mass emails. Using global settings for notes, and potentially using AppStack for my own business.

ApplicantStack review by Karen M.
Karen M.

"No more paper!"

What do you like best?

The best part about using ApplicantStack for applications is that you can review applications online and "work" them without having any paper, easily disburse them to appropriate managers and then move them to the onboarding program when hired and do all new hire paperwork - again, without paper! Simplifies the process and saves time all around! I also appreciate the fact that whether or not I'm in the office I can view and work the applications through our internal process allowing 24/7 capabilities. The AppStack staff is also very responsive to issues and requests.

What do you dislike?

There are some small quirks in the onboarding program (which is still fairly new) when it comes to notifications and receiving too many emails when forms are signed (we have training classes of 3-7 people at a time) and due to the amount of paperwork, my email notifications get black listed and I stop receiving them... but other than that I can't think of any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're still doing paper apps, it's time to switch to AppStack! You won't regret it ... and it's quite affordable as well.

Being able to "share" the applications with appropriate and multiple hiring managers. Not having to spend time at the copier getting new hire paperwork packets put together. Again, time saving and paper saving.

ApplicantStack review by Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.

"Simple and organized"

What do you like best?

We like the on-boarding process the best. We used to print out all of the new hire paperwork and sit for an hour plus waiting for everyone to get the paperwork completed. Now we can send it out right away when we know they are going to be hired. And we can electronically sign it too! It has saved us so much time.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say something I dislike it would be the use of reports. They aren't as intuitive as other programs. I do need some of the reports to complete monthly scorecards but I don't always remember where to find them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really will help keep your HR team organized and more importantly potential candidates will love the ease of use!

We are able to solve the turn around time of getting new people hired. They can apply and be hired with in the week.

ApplicantStack review by Lori R.
Lori R.

"Excellent Hiring Software"

What do you like best?

The ability to follow and track an applicant from the initial inquiry through the entire hiring process. ApplicantStack not only sends our job ads out to the most prominent sites, but allows us a stellar tracking process all the way to hire. We also through the robust reporting platform are able to run numbers for inquiries, applicants, hired, etc. This enables us to see where our business weaknesses are in the hiring process and give us the opportunity to strengthen these areas.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say I haven't found anything that I dislike in the 3.5 years I have been utilizing the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend, relatively easy to use

Definitely keeps us on track through the entire hiring process. We don't let things slip through the cracks. Gives us the ability to connect with the applicants throughout the entire process at critical intervals.

ApplicantStack review by Doug H.
Doug H.

"Excellent product for Human Resource onboarding"

What do you like best?

We moved our onboarding for new hires to ApplicantStack early in 2017 and have been absolutely thrilled. The time savings and added organization for employee files is tremendous. Everyone is asking now why we waited so long to make this move. Setting up the forms was simple and any questions we had were answered quickly and professionally. I give ApplicantStack my highest endorsement.

What do you dislike?

We have not found anything to dislike about this product.

Before ApplicantStack, all of our new hire paperwork was scanned and emailed to the HR department. We were not as reliable about keeping track of forms that were missing or not fully completed. Now, we are totally organized and much more efficient. I am sure that the annual fee we spend per year is saved in HR labor that is freed up.

ApplicantStack review by Jeff C.
Jeff C.

"Affordable and Works As Advertised!"

What do you like best?

Posting to multiple job boards and tracking candidates all in the same place.

What do you dislike?

It took me a little while to get comfortable with the system - but the help and support articles/videos were useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it at least for the free trial period to post a job or two -- It may not as flashy as some of the newer platforms, but they clearly understand what needs to be done to support a strong talent acquisition process.

I don't have time to chase down good candidates - ApplicantStack made it so I could focus on my business while resumes showed up in my inbox.

ApplicantStack review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"Wonderful solution to hiring and onboarding"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack is a wonderful tool for hiring. The ability to create different job postings and have them post to multiple sites makes posting jobs so easy. I can make separate post for separate criteria and they all get pushed to multiple career sites.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike. I wish I could seamlessly integrate into our other software that we use for caregiver management, but it is not a big deal at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ApplicantStack can make hiring, interviewing, assessing, and onboarding your applicants a breeze. The support team is wonderful and will help you with anything that you need.

ApplicantStack helps us to get the candidates we need for the jobs we have and allows us to streamline all of the processes we have.

ApplicantStack review by Heather E.
Heather E.

"Great for setting up hiring process"

What do you like best?

I like the views are easy to use & its easy to push candidates through the process.I really like the filtering options.

What do you dislike?

The resume formatting sometimes shows up poorly depending on how the candidate uploaded their resume so I have to download the resumes to see the "real" format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set up your templates and responses correctly to save you time in the long run. Also take the time to use the "Questions" for each job posting. It really allows you to get quick answers to evaluate a candidate.

We need to streamline hiring and get more consistent results. This also centralizes our hiring process so we can all follow along with the candidates as they go through the process.

ApplicantStack review by Tara Ann B.
Tara Ann B.

"Talent Acquisition Partner"

What do you like best?

Boolean search, reporting, documentation, sharing profiles, tracking sources and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Managers seeing resumes before I had a chance to review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The external and internal UI looks great and easy to use. Boolean search is very important to Recruiters. Sharing resumes with hiring managers is easy. Reporting tools are easy. You pay for what you need so it can be an affordable solution for smaller companies. I have used Taleo, BrassRing and Workday and I find ApplicantStack much more user friendly. If company is approaching 100 employees, using an ATS is important for your EEO reporting.

Reporting and pulling customizing the data is great. The metrics of days open, days to fill is helpful. EEOE reporting is very important.

ApplicantStack review by Debbi P.
Debbi P.

"Easy to Use, Very Affordable, and AWESOME customer service!!"

What do you like best?

The software itself is great, very flexible and customizable, and easy to use. It packs a punch with minimal cost to our HR budget. My favorite thing about ApplicantStack is their customer service. If I ever need a change done to a template, they are answering me back within minutes.. seriously. And when they answer back they have usually already taken care of my request. I've never had that experience with any other software. We have looked at a lot of ATS systems....most are VERY expensive, and ApplicantStack, hands down, was the winner!

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything. It works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend checking out all options.. we did, and always came back to ApplicantStack.

We love that we can have all applicants apply in one place. If we post outside of ApplicantStack, say Craigslist, it is very easy to insert the hyperlink to the job listing on ApplicantStack. We no longer have applicants coming in from everywhere.

ApplicantStack review by Matthew D.
Matthew D.

"HR Generalist"

What do you like best?

It is super intuitive and easy to use. They've made some great upgrades lately that have really enhanced the user interface and look of the product!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the fact that it's a stand-alone applicant tracking system and not part of a larger HRIS package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an efficient and cost effective solution that will save you time, effort, and money! I'd highly recommend to all!

The biggest business problem we had before ApplicantStack was data management and reporting. It was hard to keep track of everything on manual spreadsheets and piece various data collection methods together to get accurate reports. AppStack has made this all much easier and save a lot of time and effort!

ApplicantStack review by User in Financial Services

"Campus Recruiter"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Applicant Stack is the ease of information display. Specifically, I like that I can view all jobs that I'm an owner on the same screen.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that when viewing the workflow of my jobs, I am unable to customize the fields I am viewing. For example, when I am recruiting for a campus recruiting role, I would like to be able to view the students University as a field in the workflow so that I can sort the applicants by University- but was told by Applicant Stack that this could not happen. I had to work with Applicant Stack, explain the issue multiple times, and the solution was not satisfactory. The solution that Applicant Stack provided to my issue was to run a report on specific fields in a job application- this report in theory would be fine, but unfortunately it takes about 30-45 minutes to run, and I simply can't wait that long for a report when I need the information more readily available.

With applicant stack, I am recruiting talent for our organization. Benefits wise, I have realized that it can be nice to view all jobs on the same screen in a listed fashion.

ApplicantStack review by Annie T.
Annie T.

"Hear from your Customers!"

What do you like best?

- cost affordable

- easy to use

- job boards partnered with AS

- quick & helpful support from the Customer Service team

What do you dislike?

- reports are not easy to generate nor have visuals/dashboards

- the UI can be worked on

- job listing UI is outdated compared to Jobvite, GoogleHire, and more

- candidates have to create an account to apply for jobs (we are focused on creating an easy candidate experience)

- job application fields template are not easy to edit & requires you to contact a rep to make the changes

Recommendations to others considering the product

- have visual dashboards for UI and

- beef up the UI

Maintaining a candidate pipeline into one centralized hub

ApplicantStack review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Simple to set up. You can create workflows for each job and pre-screen candidates much easier before ever meeting a staff person for an interview.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding functionality is a little limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see them integrate with skills testing tools like eSkills. I'd like to see a scoring system for candidates where you could aggregate scores for candidates. This "sort of" works but it's not as accurate as it could be.

Saves tremendous staff time in pre-screening candidates. AS has given us a much better repository of candidates. We used to use a ticketing system that we made into an ATS system so it made searching for candidates difficult and we didn't have a consistent workflow to our recruiting and hiring process. AS has given us a much more consistent workflow so candidates are much further along in the screening process before anyone ever meets with a candidate.

ApplicantStack review by Matthew d.
Matthew d.

"Flexibility is King"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack is the best way for tracking applicants, jobs, potential client statuses, etc. You have the flexibility to adjust ApplicantStack to work the way you need as well as their customer support to assist with any problems which are few and far between. We've been able to change our application around multiple times as well as work flow, team members, etc. with ease.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about ApplicantStack, originally the appearance was a bit unappealing, but they've re-done the whole site and everything looks extremely modern and up to date now. If there's ever a problem, they very quickly accommodate and provide a solution. It is very difficult to find something negative to say about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up. Plain and simple one of, if not the best product for tracking your applicants and creating workflow for your employees/recruiters.

We're a very small third party recruiting firm. We've been able to grow with the use of ApplicantStack and properly keep our recruiters informed of driver statuses, hires, dates, etc. As the trucking industry has changed we've been able to adjust questions on our applications as well as add/remove questions, add more team members, etc. ApplicantStack has enabled us to roll with the punches.

ApplicantStack review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Applicant Stack is so helpful."

What do you like best?

It is a great system to track applicants for all our open positions. We are a large program and often have multiple opening at a time. I also like how you can see that past jobs the applicant applied for. This helps me quickly go through and determine qualified or not. The email feature is a great way to communicate easily back and forth with applicants.

What do you dislike?

How the edit fields is now a drop down. I know this seems minor but when reviewing a large number of applications.

Easily contact applicants and fill positions. We are able to identify past qualified applicants to see if they are still interested in another opportunity.

ApplicantStack review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Excellent Applicant Tracking Software!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease it is once templates are created in emailing candidates, forwarding to hiring managers for review. Currently we only use Applicant Stack Recruit, and I am impressed with how well it functions and how easy it is navigate from one function to the next.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that sticks out to me as a Major Downfall of Applicant Stack. It does basically everything that is needed for us to be able to post positions, review applicants, forward applications as necessary, create notes, review and track history, schedules interviews, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Applicant Stack is very user friendly, easy for applicants to apply online, track applications, schedule interviews, etc. I would highly recommend it.

Applicant tracking is very smooth with Applicant Stack. It keeps applicants up to date when we need to send them notifications, and is very easily accessible to new and returning applicants.

ApplicantStack review by Justin P.
Justin P.

"Excellent Platform"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack allows for great customization and integrates well with job posting sites. The support staff is excellent and responsive. The platform is worth more than what they charge. Allows to track multiple positions and I can easily switch between companies. Great redesign of the platform recently.

What do you dislike?

No Mobile app currently. More Questionnaire Templates might be nice. I would like to see more reporting KPI in a dashboard. I would like to see more social media options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform offers great customization backed by a great, responsive support staff.

It has truly become a single point of access even when using other paid job sites. New scheduling features are improving my processes.

ApplicantStack review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Hiring Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The site is so easy to use. I get alerts as things happen. Making changes to my ads are so simple. Any time I have a question or need assistance, Jeff responds quickly and is always very helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are some documents that we can't edit ourselves. Sometimes I just want to be able to make a correction real quick and it's seems so simple but we have to ask someone else to do it for us.

We are needing caregivers. ApplicantStack allows us to advertise through multiple vendors without having to log in to multiple sites. It's nice to just have one to see everything we need to.

ApplicantStack review by Brooke C.
Brooke C.

"Great resource for our needs"

What do you like best?

I like that Applicant Stack is so user friendly, and it's look and feel is natural. I like that the information for each applicant is user friendly, and that you can log and see notes from different users.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of different buttons and options listed out to the side. It's very crowded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend utilizing the sort filters, and having different job postings active helps to pool different people and groups them better for review purpose.

It created a good way to maintain our applicants, and pool them. It allows me to focus on certain areas and sort by more rural cities.

ApplicantStack review by Julianna W.
Julianna W.

"Excellent product for the price"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack has a high level of customization that can meet your hiring needs. We have been able to create custom screening questions, weighted scoring, custom responses, and simplified our review process amongst multiple hiring managers. We have always been pleased with the level of functionality and customer service when we have unique needs.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a lot of partner products that will integrate. You can always do a custom process with their open API, but it often is not a simple plugin.

Our candidate connection and responses have improved significantly. We are able to keep applicants updated throughout the process of the application screening.

ApplicantStack review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Useful tool for hiring"

What do you like best?

You can send emails though applicant stack to new hires with all the required paperwork attached. This has cut down our orientation time because new hires bring their paperwork with them. It also integrates with ClearCare so that new hire information is transferred over.

What do you dislike?

ClearCare integration is basic. Only transfers over name, address, and email. It would be great if it also transferred over references. There is a way to view applicants who have started, but not completed, and application. However, there is no way to move these applicants over to the candidates tab or add notes to their profile after the office staff has contacted them.

Makes office collaboration easy. When our HR person goes on vacation, other office employees can see their progress and pick up where they left off. Applicants do not experience a gap in communication with the office.

ApplicantStack review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"HR Coordinator in Senior Home Care"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack has a very user-friendly interface. Since this is the first application system I have ever used, it was a huge relief for me to, after very little time, feel like I was able to navigate the interface with no concern.

What do you dislike?

My wish would be an ability to customize the order of the columns on the dashboard (eg: "Application Complete", "Candidate Pool", etc.) since the way I complete the application steps does not perfectly align with the default order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot recommend ApplicantStack highly enough. I have always had positive experiences with customer support and they always work with us to ensure that our needs are met.

ApplicantStack has not only increased our rate of completed applications (through a succinct application that discludes any extraneous questions), but also streamlines the hiring process (through automated email triggers to applicants and references alike).

ApplicantStack review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Experience has been good over the years."

What do you like best?

I like the set stage feature that shows how candidates application progress in the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the dispostion because it doesn't provide all scenarios of why you might not want to pick a candidate. I wish it had a blank line you could type in.

Also the note section I wish that showed on the main screen for the candidates instead of within the file on a whole other tab. If you make a note you have to hunt for it. It just doesn't seem easily accessible.

I have been able to determine where from the most promising applicants apply from.

ApplicantStack review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Fantastic for small business"

What do you like best?

ApplicantStack has been a great addition to our business. We are a small business, but growing wuickly, so ApplicantStack gave us a platform to start out with the minimum resources we needed now, without paying for extras we will not need for another year or two.

What do you dislike?

Not much! We have been happy with our decision to choose ApplicantStack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ApplicantStack is a great platform for a small business that does not need multiple licenses with in their organization. It is fgood for an organization that plans to grow their staffing and recruiting team in the near future and wants a platform that they can build upon.

ApplicantStack allows us to post jobs to multiple job boards without having to have individual licenses with those boards. We also are able to track candidates effectively, and also track candidate correspondence.

ApplicantStack review by Matt K.
Matt K.

"Greatly optimizes the hiring process"

What do you like best?

Ability to allow job approval so that not a single person is required to manage the candidate pipeline for an entire company!

What do you dislike?

Additional functionality as part of the onboarding suite would be great! We currently do not use this functionality only because our onboarding process is so intensive with videos and files and signatures!

Recommendations to others considering the product

ApplicantStack significantly reduces the amount of time it takes to set up, monitor, and manage your candidate pipeline across multiple departments and/or individuals.

Managing the hiring process across multiple individuals is easy when using stages and collaborative features like notes and email tracking.

ApplicantStack review by Gary H.
Gary H.

"Local government recruiter"

What do you like best?

Ease of managing applications, ability to organize according to rank in the evaluation process, ability to add attachments to the application via the email application.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. A recent upgrade to the Applicant Stack format has made it easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great application management tool. Recently improved screen format. Few technical problems, but quick resolution.

Not only can I maintain applications for a position in one place, I can access other searches done by other recruiters to contact highly ranked applicants that were not selected in that search for possible interest in my recruitment.

ApplicantStack review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"Positive Experience with ApplicantStack"

What do you like best?

Good customization abilities, things are easy and accessible when reviewing profiles, and easy to tie it to external job boards.

What do you dislike?

When prefer ability to link candidates to pools or work vs. having to create a draft requisition to keep track of candidates with similar skill sets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good ATS for medium business use. Very simple interface compared to other ATS's, and is fairly intuitive to use. Good pick of features that won't burn a hole in the pocket.

Good way to keep track of candidates we've worked, leading to easy sourcing when trying to fill positions quickly.

ApplicantStack review by Tami P.
Tami P.

"Very happy with Applicant Stack!"

What do you like best?

I like the tracking of the applicant and the fact that we can now send new hire forms directly to the applicant via app stack.

What do you dislike?

Having to change status to hired in order for paperwork to be sent out and then have to go back and change to conditional job offer for it to link with Clear Care.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love the updates we get and when there is an issue, Jeff is always quick to respond.

Allowing new hire forms to be sent out and completed by applicant prior to hire. Huge time saver for us!

ApplicantStack review by Colin C.
Colin C.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Applicant stack makes it easy to manage our Home Health agency. We get a lot of applicants very month and the system allows us to manage those applicants easily and ensures everyone gets communication along the way.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike but would like an integration with a WOTC provider

Applicant Stack is helping solve many problems with respect to hiring and on-boarding of new employees. The main area they have helped with is acquiring all the on-boarding paperwork electronically. This has saved us a tremendous amount of time and money.

ApplicantStack review by User in Computer Software

"Fairly intuitive, with some quirks"

What do you like best?

I like the correspondence tracking, I like the unified interface allowing quick access to most details I need when dealing with candidates. All I need to do is have appstack open for an interview, and I've got all the info I'll need access to before, during, and after.

What do you dislike?

Some things are strange. Adding notes, for example, seems to only be visible in the "History" tab of a candidate profile. That is definitely not the first place I would think to look for notes on a candidate.

Candidate interview/hiring stage progression, candidate interview planning and results. It's been helpful in keeping everyone synced up, and with tracking what the status of incoming candidates/hirees is, particularly given that I deal both with interviews and with new hire training.

ApplicantStack review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Applicant Stack is Efficient"

What do you like best?

It helps me be organized and current. I have no need for paper on my desk at all. Everything is in the computer. Easily edited if Candidate makes a mistake.

What do you dislike?

No notifications for emails that don't go through. This is important as far as timeliness is concerned. In hiring if the applicant is not getting the feed back or links, there is no way for me to know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have a need for any paper on my desk. Everything I need is included in ApplicantStack.

I am able to deal with many applicants and keep organized with the stage set up and create task reminders. The notes allow my supervisors to know exactly what has been done and what is still needing to be handled.

ApplicantStack review by Kristen N.
Kristen N.

"So far so good!"

What do you like best?

We use this tool and I recently gained access to review applicants for an open position I have. It was so user friendly and gave me all the information I needed at a glance!

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes at this time. So far it all seems to be easy to navigate. I am an end user though, not our administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can mass update candidate from the list page, which makes going through resumes much faster!

Managing all of our incoming applicants, tracking them all and centralizing them.

ApplicantStack review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Great Way to stay up- to- date on applicants"

What do you like best?

It is great to have all the applicants in 1 place. I like how we can keep up with the stage of the applicant and any paperwork that they fill out can be uploaded into 1 place. Communication through the website is wonderful. I also like how you can set up the different tabs for the jobs and keep the list of applicants together.

What do you dislike?

I do not really have anything that I dislike from the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a wonderful way to keep all your applicants in one place and keep up with where in the interview process the applicant is.

We are filling positions with the applicants we get. Getting the most qualified for the position.

ApplicantStack review by Administrator in Individual & Family Services
Administrator in Individual & Family Services

"Applicant Stack Keeps Us On Track"

What do you like best?

Applicant Stack keeps our applicants organized and on track. It's user-friendly, allows us to maintain records on our candidates, and efficiently track our candidates throughout the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

We do not like the recent changes to the layout. It's not easy on the eyes to navigate. We don't like the task bar that has to be expanded to change candidate filters. And the Talent Pool Report is useless.

I have vocalized my issues with the Talent Pool Report. It's not functional. It's just a static report and it causes us to lose potential applicants because people think they have applied, but really they disappear into this pool. Jeff from Applicant Stack is always very helpful and has acknowledged our issues with the report.

ApplicantStack review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Great ATS at a ow cost"

What do you like best?

This is one of the only systems that allowed us to recruit for our clients, giving us all the features we wanted and none of the ones we didn't.

What do you dislike?

I would only say the fact that you can't "refresh" an ad to move it back to the top of the job boards. You have to close down the entire req and then create a new one.

Also, the connectivity issues we have had with some of the job boards has been troublesome.

We were able to offer recruiting services to our clients, which was a big need in our market. We also are able to recruit for all of the positions in our own company in one place now, which is also great.

ApplicantStack review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

As the hiring manager for a small business, ApplicantStack makes it excessively easy to track all applicants as well as which stage of the hiring process they are in.

What do you dislike?

When setting the stage for individual candidates, the choices can be a bit redundant at times as there are multiple locations to select your choice.

It is a central location for all hiring metrics, it has allowed us to break down monthly numbers and goals to better realize our monthly and yearly hiring goals.

ApplicantStack review by Bethany M.
Bethany M.

"Great ATS"

What do you like best?

I like that you can track your candidates through the entire process. I also like that you can see how long a job is open and how long it takes to fill a position. Very helpful in improving candidate experience to be more efficient.

What do you dislike?

The reporting function isn't as easy to use as I'd like it to be. Also, I don't like that we have to call Applicant Stack to create templates for questions.

improving candidate experience to be more efficient

ApplicantStack review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Applicant Stack - Best Platform"

What do you like best?

The Applicantstack team has done a tremendous job of customing the platform for me. Endless options for generating reports. Customizability.

What do you dislike?

No qualifying questions for candidates. Needs salary range for jobs instead of one salary. More customization will be good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always. I've tried other options at applicantstack is the best.

A steady flow of quality applicants. Able to move from recruiting to onboarding with ease. The program is intuitive and easy to use. Other options try to be too seamless but it ends up taking too many clicks to achieve anything because of the attempt to have a clean look. Applicant stack seems to bring in better candidates. Other options post to more job boards but applicant stack

ApplicantStack review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great customer service and the system is amazing "

What do you like best?

How user friendly and customizable it is.

What do you dislike?

Limited to have networks and pipelines of candidates. Candidate search could use a little bit more attention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Network and pipelines. I wish I could put candidates in folders depending on their skills. A project management add-on like kanbanflow.com. Better candidate search. In on boarding I wish I could see the pdf file instead of downloading it. Making on boarding more of an employee HRIS database. Partner with a salary research company to do research salaries before posting a position. More free job boards. Custom company job board.

Posting in multiple job boards. Sourcing is faster because I can screen candidates with pre-application questions. The online on boarding is great.

ApplicantStack review by Meagen D.
Meagen D.

"ApplicantStack has been great for Our Company"

What do you like best?

I like that ApplicantStack makes it so easy to track candidates through the applying process and all the way to the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

We sometimes find the reports a bit confusing, but it just takes some getting used to.

We are able to see where we are getting the best results for people applying, and where we are getting the least results from. We are able to then better plan our strategy to get good candidates to apply.

ApplicantStack review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

The software is user friendly. It is not hard to figure out. I like that you have changed the viewing screens when printing out applications. I like that you have the tabs . That makes it easier to find when I'm searching for an applicants application. By implementing ApplicantStack and using it to it's full use. We are eliminating the shuffle of going thru the hundreds of applications we receive on a daily bases. It easy to track our applicants. I like the fact that managers can send applicants to humans resources for screening. Human Resources have the capability to respond to managers. We are also able to check the status of the applicants applications.

What do you dislike?

The system setup is user friendly. I have one suggest with the uploading of the applicant resumes. That can change to make it easier for management to print out. The viewing of the applicants resumes are not user friendly. I like to have my applications printed out in front of me when I'm interviewing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's user friendly.

To find applicants fast and easy. As I stated above having the applications printed out in front of me makes it easier when interviewing. I like the fact that you have changed the viewing screening with the tabs. By implementing ApplicantStack and using it to it's full use. We are eliminating the shuffle of going thru the hundreds of applications we receive on a daily bases. The software is user friendly. It is not hard to figure out. I like that you have changed the viewing screens when printing out applications. I like that you have the tabs . That makes it easier to find when I'm searching for an applicants application.

Learn more about ApplicantStack

ApplicantStack Videos

ApplicantStack Downloads

Learning about ApplicantStack?

* We monitor all ApplicantStack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.