Applied Epic

Applied Epic

Applied Epic enables agencies to manage their property and casualty and benefits business in a single application.

Work for Applied Epic?

Learning about Applied Epic?

Applied Epic Reviews

Ask Applied Epic a Question
Showing 112 Applied Epic reviews
Applied Epic review by Taylor R. T.
Taylor R. T.

"Applied Epic: Insurance system in the cloud."

What do you like best?

The sales panel has the necessary information to perform all kinds of analysis on the clients' information, which allows them to keep track of each of them, and always check the status of their insurance, creating a database with all the necessary information, to make all kinds of renewals, and new affiliations, another exemplary feature of this application, is the communication that can be done directly with customers, via message or phone, from the same, which allows to speed up all types of procedures, which are being carried out, with a person, or company.

What do you dislike?

the interface of the application is very poor, it seems a system that is based on windows 98, I do not like it at all, it must be updated, since this makes the work very boring, the generation of reports, it is somewhat complicated, with many details , what is left over in them, and really in the end it is not understood what they are for, this system is somewhat robust, and sometimes it can be a stressful thing to work in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A recommended system to automate many accounting tasks in the cloud, the monitoring of clients, is one of the features that I like most about this tool, it helps to solve all kinds of renovations, in minutes.

Thanks to this application we can automate the whole process of insurance renewals and affiliations to all types of clients, in addition we keep them informed with all the news, with periodic reports that we generate, in an automatic way, which helps us to maintain an active process and constant, which allows us to manage a better and more quickly way, to all our customers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Applied Epic
Applied Epic review by Kate S. D.
Kate S. D.

"So much functionality and customization, but lacks simple fixes for easy problems."

What do you like best?

Easily customized for individual needs. You can chose your settings and search options for every tab and screen function.

What do you dislike?

The platform and its option are so numerous, that sometimes the simplest fixes are missing..... They try to make it more complicated then it is. There is also a lot of duplication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great tool with an answer for most everything, but provide proper training for your employees on the extensiveness of the program. For all its customization however, there are still some simple sales tools that are missing- like the ability to change the address for a contact, and have it apply to the whole account. Currently, you have to go into each contact and policy on the account, and change them individually. An "apply to all" radio button would save time and frustration.

Our team uses it for a niche insurance field. Its easy to search and manipulate relevant data. There are also extensive settings for tasks, that can be turned on or off depending on what you want to keep track of.

What Insurance Agency Management solution do you use?

Applied Epic review by John G.
John G.

"A modern Agency Management System for the modern agency"

What do you like best?

The modern interface is easy to learn yet provides agencies many of the E&O protections that have been missing from prior agency management solutions. The configure area allows agency admins to customize the user experience to meet the needs of their specific agency. The underlying technology makes me confident that Applied will be able to continue development and improve on the product for years to come.

What do you dislike?

In some areas a great feature was created but only 90% implemented leaving me wanting more. A prime example of this is the reporting engine. I have great flexibility to add data elements as criteria or to the layout output. But many seemingly obvious omissions exist that make completing my task difficult or impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The process of converting from another system is difficult, there's no doubt about that. Take your time with the migration. There is no rush, do it right the first time or you will regret it in the long term.

We need every service representative to be able to efficiently handle more work than historically has been possible. Epic is a key tool in achieving that goal.

Applied Epic review by Tammy H.
Tammy H.

"IT Manager"

What do you like best?

Epic is a robust, easy to use, powerful agency management system. Applied continues to evolve and stay ahead of the game with Epic.

What do you dislike?

The integration with MS Office can be quirky at times but I don't feel that is necessarily Applied's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! The cost was a little higher than the other product we looked at (AMS360) but the difference in products is amazing. We are so happy we went with Applied Epic. The support is phenomenal!

Communication with clients has gone from a manual system to a highly automated system. We have letters, activities and emails automatically generated from scheduled reports that notify our clients 90 days ahead of their renewal all the way up to day of renewal. So many hours of time savings from this automated process.

Applied Epic review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"Capable Management System"

What do you like best?

Epic has extremely robust capabilities. You can customize it to work best for your agency. Applied seems to consider their client's requests. I have seen them implement many changes that have been requested by a large number of users. They have an awesome user group and offer peer-led classes.

What do you dislike?

The robust capabilities and customization options can be a hindrance. Sometimes you don't know what you need to be doing to get the information you want from Epic. This can be extremely frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My greatest piece of advice would be to take most of the training AFTER implementation. We spent a lot of time before launching trying to imagine how we'd want the system setup but really had no idea what to focus on. I think some training at launch would be good followed by training at least a few months in. Epic can do great things if you use it correctly!

Compared to our former management system, the documenting and technical offerings of Epic have greatly helped our agency. Attaching emails and other documents is extremely easy. Many sort options are available as are quick access buttons. All of these things add up to greater efficiencies.

Applied Epic review by Lori H.
Lori H.

"Applied Epic - why not?"

What do you like best?

I love that the system is constantly evolving. We can configure the system to accomplish the tasks in our agency the way we want to do them. Configuring the system happens on the fly!

What do you dislike?

There's always something to dislike...it is computer software after all. I think the biggest thing is that when the newest upgrade is available, inevitably there's something that cracks a little...might not be a big break, just a crack, but that sometimes throws things off. Applied Systems is more than willing to work on fixes quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any management system, take a look at what your needs are. Assess where the system you are looking at is going to take you in the future. Applied Epic is constantly evolving to meet the future needs of our industry.

Everything that happens in our agency is contained within one system, from accounting, client management, carrier management, across all lines of business. We can easily see what is being done for a client, making it easy for anyone to service.

Applied Epic review by Amber G.
Amber G.

"Very Happy with EPIC"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use and the updated look of the software. Our old software was a little outdated. Applied offers many different ways to provide servicing to an account and helps cut down on the servicing time per client. Helps keep track of sales and opportunities. I love that Applied is trying to become more tech savvy and to stay up with the times.

What do you dislike?

There are a few items I would like changed in regards to the processing but have submitted these to the tech department for review. The reports are still a little outdated and would love to be able to remove companies and brokers since the initial set up and transfer of old data created duplicated or old carrier data that just clogs up our system. My agency is a more transaction based servicing agency and I would like a better way to integrate Microsoft outlook into the management system. Also, I would love to have the distribute files feature corrected to just send the document I'm asking it to send rather than a 2nd copy of the document that it currently does. Transactions in the accounting side can be difficult to undo a mistake. Texting option seems great but when you call the "text only" number it gives you a message about this not being a working number which I feel can cause issues if a client calls it. There has to be an easy fix to correct this message

Recommendations to others considering the product

When switching over from old software to new. Don't transfer all data. It just creates a big mess that cannot be cleaned up.

No problems that we're trying to solve. The ease of use helps production times per client and helps to keep track of new business sa,es

Applied Epic review by Tyler L.
Tyler L.

"Great product, better service!"

What do you like best?

Applied Epic is the premier software to efficiently run an insurance agency. We are able to run a wide variety of reports from client retention to expiration to audits on employee workflows. If a certain report isn't available in the way that I want it, I know I can always call Applied and get help formatting a current report or creating a new one!

What do you dislike?

My only complaint of Applied Epic are the big updates that are required. I wish there was a way for these to run at night or on the weekends so that I didn't have to wait twenty minutes right when I login first thing in the morning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The transition can be quite burdensome, especially for a busy agency. You will need to implement a team to handle this and they should be ready to work extra hours to make the transition as smooth as possible. You will also need someone on the team who is versed in spreadsheets and is moderately tech savvy. If you do not have someone like this, it will increase the time spent on the transition.

Employee workflow problems. In the past, employees were all doing things different ways or not at all. Since using Epic, employees are pretty limited to the workflows as created and errors are easily pointed out and fixed.

Applied Epic review by Allison M.
Allison M.

"Great agency management system that meets and exceeds all our needs."

What do you like best?

Ease of use and functionality of the software. Training new employees is easy due to the good flow of the system. Downloads from companies make follow-ups on claims and changes a lot easier and quicker. Client information screens are excellent since you only have to in-put the information once and can then "grab" it for other locations where it's needed. The option to customize views and columns makes it even more user friendly in that each user can customize his/her screen to meet their needs and make their workflow easier. The ability to easily add documents and emails to a client screen makes workflow easy and quicfk

What do you dislike?

Reports can be difficult to build and even harder to teach. The utilities and configure screens can be difficult to navigate if you're new to those locations. Updates can move things around making it confusing for users; however if given enough notice this issue can be discussed in advance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reports, billing, ease of use, follow-ups, etc... are all wonderful tools that can be used with Applied Epic.

Follow-ups and renewal reviews are much easier with the options Applied Epic gives. Customer retention has benefited from this. EO and risk has decreased due to the activity screens that allow for follow-ups, reason for success or failure on certain activities.

Applied Epic review by Christine F.
Christine F.

"Epic Review"

What do you like best?

The increased functionality available. I like the ability to track services without having to create a "policy" for them. The Sales Automation dashboards are insightful and really help our producers understand their sales pipeline. The Report Quick Views are easy to set up and anyone can quickly get a report based on the report quick view settings. The certificate renewal process is so much better than what we previously had.

What do you dislike?

The inability to do a search of application data. This was part of our prior management system and it is something that we need to be able to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Applied Epic to anyone. There are so many benefits of Epic ranging from the Sales Automation dashboards, Report Quick Views, managing opportunities, the certificate process, the marketing module, the ability to search for clients in various ways, the service summary comparison, the coverage snapshot tool. So many things that are really great about Epic.

We have been able to streamline our workflows and have consistency throughout our various offices. We are able to provide our clients the access they need with Mobile Insured and CSR24, while allowing our producers to have easy access to their client data with Applied Mobile.

Applied Epic review by Sonya Ratcliff E.
Sonya Ratcliff E.

"Applied Epic Review"

What do you like best?

We were on Applied TAM for over 25 years and moved to Applied Epic in December 2014. There are many things I like about Applied Epic, but if I had to pick one favorite thing it would be the marketing area. You can create one master marketing submission, choose the lines of business and attachments that you wish to send to each company, and keep up with your submission, correspondence and quotes. I’m probably not doing it justice with my explanation, but this feature alone made the switch to Epic worth it in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

While you are learning to use Epic, it feels like there are a lot of keystrokes. It isn’t that bad, but it can feel overwhelming at first. The truth is I think people found ways to work around things in TAM where in Epic it is much more difficult to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all the things Applied offers for the implementation - don't think you should try to cut some of it out and save money. For example, we chose the workflow consultation, and this made the transition much easier for our staff. Also, take your time in the conversion process. We took a year and were glad we did.

Through the multiple search features, we can locate information much quicker. Our staff is able to work much more quickly while still maintaining accuracy.

Applied Epic review by Donna R.
Donna R.

"Great experience with an awesome implementation team"

What do you like best?

I felt like we were set up with the best implementation team...from the TAM migration lead, to accounting, to technology, and training. There was not one person that I felt was weaker than the other. I would ask for the same exact team all over again!

What do you dislike?

It was difficult making decisions about the setup of Epic when you didn't really understand the ramifications of your decisions. If there were a way to test decisions side by side, that would be so helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would ask other insurance agencies of their experience, and what they would do differently if they had to do it all over again - learn from their mistakes!

I think the first problem that we resolved was the security "hole" that TAM had. Getting over to Epic relieved that anxiety. Accounting and servicing processes are so much more streamlined in Epic. We are realizing a host of efficiencies from that alone.

Applied Epic review by Maria  F.
Maria F.

"New EPIC users "

What do you like best?

We like the ease of use and that it can hold so much more information that our old (Doris) system. The certificate process is easier and quicker. Attachments used to consume our days and now it is so simple to attach something. Since we are new to the system we find new things everyday to make our jobs easier.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, as administrator it would be nice if it were a little more clear cut when adding users and setting up their access to programs within the system, but other than that I am a fan and am so happy to be using EPIC now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their is a learning curve, but it is a great tool for the Insurance industry

We are having more accuracy and accountability due to the activity system. We are hoping to have more accurate report information when reports are run.

Applied Epic review by Peter A.
Peter A.

"If you are investing in an insurance agency management system, Applied Systems Epic is it."

What do you like best?

Powerful system which handles a huge array of real world needs, flexible for your business, a huge number of business partners to work with, a huge number of users to network with.

What do you dislike?

A bit heavy handed with required steps, which can get users upset when they want to do a simple task and have to take 3 steps to get there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideally, some of the complication would be developed out of the program, though I don't hold out much hope. I think the policy management piece could be simplified without messing with the tracking.

We were on Tam, but realized it was a dying technology with limited improvements coming down the road. With dated infrastructure, it was a safe, secure place to be - but not the future. We decided on Epic, moved to the cloud, and it has been a good decision for us.

Applied Epic review by User

"Epic organizes items in a user friendly manner, with an easy to read appearance. "

What do you like best?

I like the user friendliness of the system. easy to add policies and insureds. Easy to navigate and find information. Easy to read lay out of the screens used. I like the Real Time feature of the program, saves time. Also I like how some carriers are able to download policies into the system with little work by the users.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the glitches that occur. Many problems with opening attachments in the system. Many unneeded steps in some of the simple tasks in day to day use. I dislike the lag time in opening attachments. There is not much I dislike only glitches and extra steps involved sometimes. Overall a good system for an independent agency to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have good IT support to help you walk through any glitches.

I use it to keep track of insureds policies for an independent agency. Makes it east to keep track of multiple insureds with multiple carriers.We also use the Real-Time feature to access carrier sites. This cuts down on steps outside of Epic, which is very nice.

Applied Epic review by Administrator

"Efficient and ever-improving management system"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to customize Epic as it suits our agency. I am particularly fond of the reports although they took a bit of time to reach a comfort level with. The ability to set user defaults and streamline workflows has made a real difference for us.

What do you dislike?

There are definitely some frustrations with download and the overall rigidity of some areas of the system but, by far, the good outweighs the negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your "why" before you make the move....don't just do it because Epic is the "latest and greatest," which it is! It's A LOT of work to migrate systems and having a clear goal in mind makes it more palatable. Do your research!

Pulling all our departments under one management system is one major win. Also, having an integrated sales pipeline.

Applied Epic review by Agency
Agency

"Decent System for Small Accounts"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily find accounts with EPIC using the policy number, name, address, or code. I like that it is easy to track policy changes and activity on an account. It's nice that we can have so many contacts listed for an account as well. Invoicing is easy but the system can get confusing at times (not always sure what name will show up on the invoice or which transactions will end up on the same page). I really like how easy it is to attach items.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the way that the transaction screen filters out everything. I always have to filter by "billed to name contains.." which is annoying. I do no not like that there is no renumber button to help keep large lists/schedules organized. I do not like that when I create a master marketing submission with multiple policies, the other named insured schedule ends up with a ton of duplicates. I do not like how I have to go to every single subject in a property app to change the deductible, coverage form, etc. There should be a way to do that quickly. When we change carriers, sometimes the property deductible for every single subject changes. It can be really annoying when you have an account with 20+ locations!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that this is a decent program for smaller accounts. However, it becomes quite cumbersome if you have large accounts with huge property, auto, or driver schedules. It does not handle very large pieces of data well and you end up relying on Excel a lot for those things. They don't even have a renumber button, which is absolutely ridiculous when you have a list of 50 vehicles and need to delete 1 in the middle. The cert system can also be quite clunky and confusing, but it's fine if you only have a few certs to issue. Again, with large accounts, it gets out of hand.

EPIC integrates accounting, client and prospect management, proofs, account marketing, and document/record-keeping

Applied Epic review by Allison H.
Allison H.

"Applied EPIC Review"

What do you like best?

EPIC is fairly easy to use once you go through the online tutorials. I like that there are multiple ways to get to the same area as opposed to having to use a specific route. The program looks pleasing and is not too cluttered.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more customization on the user level. For instance, I wish that if you set a follow up activity as urgent, I wish there was a way to have it show up in color on the front screen. Some of the business lines should be more customized based on that type of coverage. Some lines are too generic and there are not spaces to put some of the policy information other than in rearks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test several options before settling on EPIC. I feel there may be other more complete products on the market. Epic is on its way to being better but has a ways to go.

It is a benefit to have all client data in one place. Multiple users can find the same information on each client.

Applied Epic review by Joe T.
Joe T.

"Epic has helped our agency grow"

What do you like best?

I feel like the biggest help to our agency was the accounting. But the overall automation abilities really help in all areas of our agency.

What do you dislike?

I wish Epic had a more robust benefits module. Something that allowed it to interface with benefits companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best system today in my opinion. I haven't seen anything that compares to it's overall capabilities.

Our business is run on Epic. So everything we do is aided by Epic. Since implementing, we have saved on personnel costs because of improved efficiency.

Applied Epic review by Katie D.
Katie D.

"Great if users consistently update"

What do you like best?

It's a way to house all our client's policies and for all service representatives to be able to access on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to open the application. Search functionality isn't the greatest. Many manual updates need to be made in the system to keep the information active.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good for simple clients where they do not have a great number of subsidiaries or policies. For the smaller accounts, the EPIC system works well. For larger accounts, with numerous service representatives, subsidiaries, dbas, etc., it doesnt work as well.

Easy way to store copies of policies. Allows numerous users to access the application and individual accounts.

Applied Epic review by Nirali P.
Nirali P.

"Epic Software Review"

What do you like best?

It is a very technologically advanced software that gives a much greater level of visibility of the finance books. If one learns the software they can do a lot with it. The system offers a way to efficiently manage many different aspects of a business, everything from customer relations to the recording numbers.

What do you dislike?

To really get its worth, one must learn it and work with quite a bit to get good at it. It may not be a quick, easy learn but definitely worth the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A software that can really change the efficiency level's for most companies. it maybe difficult to learn fully, but well worth the time. Highly recommend trying it!

We were able to efficiently manage policy/benefits admin work and our accounting processes all in one software. All aspects of the accounting process is stored, making tracking work much more available and easy.

Agency in Insurance

"Good Concept, but too Cluttered"

What do you like best?

I like each account being sorted individually - and that there is integration with other systems and programs.

I like having links to templates.

What do you dislike?

It is not streamlined, the views are clunky and not easy to navigate.

Billing is complicated, everything takes 7 steps to accomplish.

The navigation does not make a lot of sense.

I wish there were better filters, ways of sorting, and ways to view accounts our names are tied to.

It would also be nice to be able to sort my views and pick what things show up in links to make my experience easier. Billing could be easier too - it is too bogged down with clutter.

The way email or outlook connects is clunky, and not very easy to use. If it made more sense, it would be something I'd use more often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to go over any training guides thoroughly and take as many notes as possible. I keep a binder of my notes like a manual, and various checklists to review for different processes.

This is good for organization and keeping track of dates.

Workflow tracking - plenty of checklists and procedures for steps to be sure nothing is missed.

Working with teams to view status of accounts

Billing and marketing being integrated is helpful, too.

Applied Epic review by Diane C.
Diane C.

"On the whole Epic is light years ahead of what we used to be on!"

What do you like best?

Support is awesome, very attentive. The Applied Community is very active and supportive as well when ideas are posted.

What do you dislike?

System Locks should be released automatically each night at a time set by the agency. Locked items should not carry over until they are manually released.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check with other agents to see how they are using Epic.

Data integrity is so much better with the audit reports built. Once you can trust the data you can then focus on other areas to improve.

Applied Epic review by Agid V.
Agid V.

"Bulky Agency Management System"

What do you like best?

Certain features are simple and when configured correctly, can be used to streamline process. Activities are a good way to standardize procedures within your agency.

What do you dislike?

It is slow and not very pretty to look at. It could benefit from utilizing a different framework to make it more efficient for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to get used to the configuration and setups before beginning to set up your database. It can be very painful to have to go back and retroactively set up many accounts after finding a better way of doing things.

Agency Management

Processes and Workflow

Allocation of work

Database management

"Account Manager"

What do you like best?

It was easy to learn and is simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Unable to delete certain things - attachments, policies, etc. that were created incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More and more companies are moving toward improving their agency management system. It is very user friendly and was so easy to learn. All of the buttons make sense. We had a team come into the office to teach us how to use the system before we went live. We also had to complete tutorials on our own at our desk. It was not really necessary to do the tutorials. Once we went live, it was pretty straightforward and production did not decrease at all. I haven't looked back since we have been using EPIC. I would highly recommend it to other businesses.

Able to manage things via Activities

Applied Epic review by User

"Great but still learning all it can do"

What do you like best?

I like the automation that EPIC can provide to certain daily tasks I perform. Importing and exporting through the system has helped immensely. I do wish the parameters weren't so strict in how the information is presented in order for it to pull through, however. Maybe if there was a script that could search for certain values and pull through even if the format was not 100% correct that would be helpful.

What do you dislike?

The redundancy of activity boxes that pop up can sometimes seem pointless. When cancelling a policy you get an activity for cancelling the policy and another for issuing the cancellation of the policy which could be consolidated. I wish I could set up various activities for all my clients of a certain size so that when I renew them an outline of certain activities would automatically appear throughout the year rather than manually entering these in. Also would like the ability to tier certain clients into groups by size or importance and assign attributes to them based on those tiers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend EPIC to others as it has automation tools other agency management systems do not. You want your agency management system to make your life easier - not harder. EPIC proves true in this regard by taking care of easy tasks in my job that I would otherwise have to do manually.

Easy importing and exporting of information while marketing clients is great. This alone speeds up many of the tedious processes in my job.

Applied Epic review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Fantastic Experience with Applied Epic"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the product itself, but one of my favorite features about Applied is their quick and knowledgeable customer service. The Help file is so intuitive, the webinars and Applied University give you any detail you want, and if those don't answer your question there's always live chat or a phone call.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have a good way to integrate with marketing automation software that tracks online activity long before a person can be entered as a prospect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use the tool as intended and take advantage of everything Applied offers, you will be very happy. If you try to make Epic fit a predetermined, specialized workflow, or if you only want it to solve one specific problem, you will probably be frustrated with the administrative difficulty and disappointed with the price. Epic is a fantastic product and worth learning to make it "sing"!

Working to build out our EB use of Applied Epic right now. It's a great file storage spot for them but we want to start utilizing the marketing. For P&C, Epic could provide a client portal and client app via CSR24. I love that solution! Wish there was a good way to give clients a link from CSR24 right to their company billing screen so they could pay online for direct bill ........

Applied Epic review by Joe P.
Joe P.

"Applied Epic is the complete package..."

What do you like best?

Applied Epic is very intuitive which allow our new employees to quickly learn the system. Our clients have access to all of their policies and auto ID cards through our phone app or our website. We are able to provide customer service 24/7.

What do you dislike?

I wish Applied Epic would intergrade with Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use all of the functionality that Applied Epic offers...

Being able to use one system to track our Commercial, Personal and Benefit clients is amazing. We now know at a single glance all the different policies we write for each client. We can communicate with our clients in their preferred method, phone, email, fax or even text all within Applied Epic.

Applied Epic review by Erik J.
Erik J.

"the BEST agency management system"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, perfect for commercial lines. It can manage your producers commission and the reporting is second to none.

What do you dislike?

The initial set up is time consuming and cumbersome. The support is okay but could be better. They charge a lot for it and really ask a lot of the agency.

We were able to streamline and automate our processes. We provide customer care to independent agents so managing many, many, many agencies, branches and high volume of premium effortlessly is important.

Applied Epic review by Agency
Agency

"Epic User - 8 months in the program"

What do you like best?

Once learned, the navigation is easy. The reports options are extensive, I haven't reviewed them all, even yet. Although this is not an accounting based system, I use the accounting side of Epic and have found the reconciliations, disbursement and receipt sections to hold enough information for an effective accounting of all transactions.

What do you dislike?

Only one thing and that is the difficulty of getting some information in the reports section that I was used to being provided in TAM - example - no prebill on the Balancing Current Receivables report, only available on the Aged Outstanding report; 2nd example - Status of Accts report, do not get each month totals if calling up several months for a GL account, only an opening and final balance.

This does not apply to my job - however, our business is growing due to digital benefits.

Applied Epic review by Donna W.
Donna W.

"Applied Epic review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease where you can categorize what you want for easier access. We have categorized out the important parts of our business ppwk and the ability to store and retrieve it is priceless!!

What do you dislike?

I'm still navigating on how to use the detailed search access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a system that will handle all the needs your company has, Applied Epic will do it!

Better access to client information, ability to compartementalize all of the clients' data to one easy to use (for the most part) location, the checks and balances implemented so as to avoid costly errors. Great upgrade from TAM!

Applied Epic review by Sherry B.
Sherry B.

"Extremely happy for our conversion to Epic"

What do you like best?

Management control of fields and data in fields. Using field variables in activities, transactions allows consistency. Configuration of activity defaults tied to system events enforces the consistency throughout the agency. Logical workflows

What do you dislike?

Unable to pull all fields into reports and inability to pull data from all ACORD applications outside of personal auto and home.

Consistent workflows throughout the office increasing efficiency

Applied Epic review by Gabriella B.
Gabriella B.

"Best management system for Insurance"

What do you like best?

It’s keeps detailed records off all interactions with clients. Doing certificates is now easier than ever. Applied also has SMS texting to interact with clients through modern day technology which is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much to dislike about this agency management system.

Applied epic has made it easy to go paperless. Everything is stored in the system from policies to every email interaction made.

Applied Epic review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Very positive "

What do you like best?

Epic is a one stop shop so to speak software. PC, Benefits, rating, marketing, and accounting all in one.

What do you dislike?

Not enough "select all" areas especially when processing letter templates that are generated by an activity. Admin can not delete an activity when it is a mistake. Admin should be able to correct data without having a service summary row or activity.

We were able to pull our benefits department in and create a workflow similar to CL. Have more control over workflow to keep folks from taking shortcuts that could cause an E&O issues

Applied Epic review by terri ann v.
terri ann v.

"does everything"

What do you like best?

How you can use the workflows for downloaded accounts and non downloaded accounts

What do you dislike?

it does so much I cant help but be overwhelmed sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

pay attention during the training and ask a lot of questions about "How to Use Each option"

we are attempting to solve our workflow procedures with EPIC

"Time consuming"

What do you like best?

navigation; Marketing distribution process.

What do you dislike?

Activities should be linked to Marketing and Carrier submissions in the Marketing Module. When a submission is closed it should allow you to close the activity at the same time instead of having to perform 2 separate tasks. When following steps to move a marketing submission to current it doesn't tell you why the next step can't be performed. Additional coverage applications can't be added to an existing carrier submission instead an entire new one has to be created from the updated Marketed submission.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands on learning with a mentor shadowing would be the best way to learn this. Learning navigation is easier when you understand the whys behind things.

finding similar types of business by entering generic word like plumbing.

User in Insurance

"Uneditable and locked down information in apps, ease of renewing accounts and marketing submissions"

What do you like best?

Information is unable to be manipulated. Data entry enables a lot of reports to be gathered and information to be used for efficiency and time management. Master Marketing Submissions are easy to read from prior years in order to determine who quoted/declined accounts.

What do you dislike?

Master Marketing process seems lengthy when updating one piece of information for multiple carrier submissions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Don't hesitate and please make sure that you be patient and work through your problems. You won't be able to remember how you existed without it !

Automatically attaching emails when sending through Epic is very efficient. Retention of marketing submissions is efficient as we don't have to reenter everything. Reports are detailed and enable us to make decisions based on the results

Applied Epic review by Kristina C.
Kristina C.

"Love Epic!"

What do you like best?

There are so many great features in Epic, it's hard to nail down one. I personally like the client/info search capability. Coming from TAM this is a breath of fresh air! On occasion I will receive a voicemail from a client with only a phone number, I type this into Epic and BOOM client is found! Love it!

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet... We have not implemented the switch from TAM to Epic so I have yet to find a feature that I dislike

Search capabilities

Applied Epic review by Kiley P.
Kiley P.

"Better than the rest!"

What do you like best?

All accounting features, the ability to audit easily and configure report layouts. I also like being able to run a report to excel or pdf. Being able to edit a document attached is very helpful as well as editing a closed activity.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a lot of clicks. User security configuration is sometimes hard to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Epic to other agencies.

The ability to edit and reopen activities is helpful, as well as moving documents to different clients or folders.

Applied Epic review by Ruth P.
Ruth P.

"Epic is awesome"

What do you like best?

There are so many things I love about Epic - the drag and drop emails and documents directly into the system. The ability to reverse transactions. the ability to have activities and set up follow up dates. There are so many wonderful things about this system.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about EPIC is when you send an email in Epic it doesn't pull from your Outlook addresses

The ability to send COIs directly to an email address is great and so time saving.

Applied Epic review by Patti C.
Patti C.

"New to Epic, It's been a lot of work, but worthwhile."

What do you like best?

It will allow us to go digital in the future. I also like that it's window based and not inside a closed citrix.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system to too constraining.

The report functionality is excellent. It allows us to get more detailed numbers.

Applied Epic review by John N.
John N.

"Great overall agency management system"

What do you like best?

The system stores a lot of detail for insurance policies

What do you dislike?

The reporting function can be very difficult and clunky to use at times

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this for someone who has a lot of data, probably best for a mid size to larger company

It is our main agency management system, it also houses financial and accounting data really well.

Applied Epic review by User in Financial Services

"Great product, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Epic is a great product that is user friendly. It is important to find the right workflow however. There are certain standard workflows, however, sometimes it is necessary to create workarounds to make the product what you need. It was easy to use and the drag and drop feature was great with emails. Assuming people coded correctly, it was an easy program to find dropped items in. It was fast and responsive. Another great feature of Epic is the fact that it was able to easily generate Acords and would categorize them by state. The first time this happened, we assumed it was an error when certain boxes on the Auto were missing, however, when printed, we were happy and surprised that the correct information was there with the correct state.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem was the integration tool. There were several features that did not function as they were designed too. This was the biggest issue - emailing did not keep signature formats, it was impossible to change the contact name and make an email personal without creating a new email each time, and due to this the process could become very tedious.

The tool made everything compact. Epic helped role all of the functions necessary into one (mostly) user friendly format. It helped create a central place for people to work out of. It also helped if you were working in another office as an access point. Epic made it easier to file, store, and find.

Applied Epic review by Diane D.
Diane D.

"Epic has greatly reduced processing time, and by going paperless, we were able to reduce expenses."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that everything is in one place, and most items are attached digitally, so you can we're able to look at almost anything regarding any particular account.

What do you dislike?

The accounting functions still need to be updated. Coming from Vision, there are still processes that Epic does not do, that Vision did.

We are using CSR24 to allow our clients to service some items on their own, leaving more time for marketing to new clients.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

hard to make a serious mistake. Everything goes back to the home page easy. Allows for multiple insurers to be open at once.

What do you dislike?

lots of layers and sometimes open too many. Also, it times out too soon and I need to enter my password, which also needs to be updated/changed too often

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much easier to use than the prior program, TAM. I find it easy to use for transactions.

Applied Epic review by Administrator

"Good system and work constantly to improved their products"

What do you like best?

The work flow and the integration between Applied rating and our market. It is also excellent for quality control with the activities and report.

What do you dislike?

That we can't do report on CSIO fields for Canada and not all of ours company bridge in EPIC Canada.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it but EPIC will work for you if you spend time to built and do your work flow correctly.

We solve renewal list pas due renewal we can't miss any, no more report on your desk that you loose or ignore. Our receivables much better to monitored. Easier to evaluate the work of staff and the integration of call with Bleu C

Applied Epic review by Justin P.
Justin P.

"Friendliest Agency Management System I've Used"

What do you like best?

Epic seems to be much simpler and more intuitive than Sagitta, which we use primarily. Information pulls much more easily to applications and there are more logical places to put coverage info.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had enough experience to find much to dislike. If anything, the difficulty in rolling over into our new system was the problem.

When we acquired another agency, they were using Epic. In order to go back into some of their files, we had to install it ourselves. I found it much easier

"Epic "

What do you like best?

It is easy to open accounts and create / assign acitivies, you do not need all of the information, a few letters will do the trick. I also enjoy that you can search using multiple methods for those clients you can’t find.

What do you dislike?

The new attachment feature is terrible but I see that it is being updated, I also dislike how unforgiving it is, you should be able to edit your notes for at least 24 hours Incase a typo is made.

Epic is our agency management system, it keeps clients linked well separating business from personal. It also gives me the ability to make sticky notes for others accessing my accounts so they don’t have to dig.

Applied Epic review by Kenda N.
Kenda N.

"Overall pleased with Epic"

What do you like best?

I like how organized the system is and how easy it is to look something up. As long as everyone is following their workflows correctly that is.

What do you dislike?

The number of steps it takes to achieve certain workflows or to get items attached in more than one area.

The system is great for tracking sales goals and reports for that are great. Looking better options for our benefits department.

"applied epic"

What do you like best?

I was a previous User of TAM-so Epic was really easy for me to learn and get to know. A lot more user friendly-looks more professional and extremely easy to navigate!

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have for epic so far-is when I attach something to a policy or an account-I get a pop up at the bottom of my screen that states it was attached successfully--however it does not go away on its own-I manually have to exit out of it. I'm sure its a simple fix-just something I've noticed.

The benefits are endless. you can save so much info regarding certain clients-activities can be easily accessed-closed-opened-submitting policies, renewing etc its all user friendly and pretty much self explanatory.

Learn more about Applied Epic

Applied Epic Videos

Learning about Applied Epic?

* We monitor all Applied Epic reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.