Applied Rater

3.6

Applied Rater is an insurance quoting solution for independent agencies.

Work for Applied Rater?

Learning about Applied Rater?

Applied Rater Reviews

Ask Applied Rater a Question
Showing 10 Applied Rater reviews
Applied Rater review by Brittany  M.
Brittany M.

"Love applied"

What do you like best?

Applied takes so much manual work out of me getting my insurance quotes. I can enter client info in just a few screens and I can get the rates back from all companies we have contracts with instantly

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is the fact that there are an awful lot of endorsements and extra coverages I still have to go to the online rate manuals for each company for (ALWAYS have problems with things like overland water coverage)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your brokerage is still archaic I can guarantee your producers are not making optimal use of their time nor are they producing as much as they could be

TIME! This is saving me so much time. I left the insurance industry for a few years and was beyond excited how far it has come.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Applied Rater
Applied Rater review by Agent Zach F.
Agent Zach F.

"Insurance rater / Lead Manager"

What do you like best?

This program is very simple to use. It will help to do your quotes. It will also help keep track of all your possible new clients. I do believe it with definitely give you return on your investment. What I really like is the link you can put on your website, facebook, or send in am email that will allow people to click on it and then fill in the information I need for a quote. Makes it so easy and simple. It helps me be quicker then my competition.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that it did not work with all my programs. I do wish it was more advanced. although it seems like they are always looking to improve and get better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use. I definitely know you will get back money on your investment by using this program. If I had the choice to purchase this again or to pass it up, I would buy it again in a heart beat. Customer service was easy to get a hold of and very helpful. I give this two thumbs up.

quicker to quote. Keep track of people who wanted a quote. Much easier to organize people who asked for a quote, who might become a customer if you keep up on them. Which in turn is a way to make up for your investment. Better then keeping paper files all over your office.

What Underwriting & Rating solution do you use?

Applied Rater review by elizabeth r.
elizabeth r.

"Shortens the length of time wasted entering information!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Applied Rater allows us to simply bridge information over into their system and quote it with all of our carriers. It saves us the time and effort of having to manually enter information drastically.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it isn't very user friendly. It is hard to figure out at first until you are taught how to do it in a training course. They should have a more user friendly platform as many of our new agents have to utilize this immediately to get their book of business started up. We will be switching fully to Vertafore in the near future as we were previously using both.

The business problem we are solving is the issue of wasted time, wasted energy, by repetitively having to enter a client's info when instead we can use this to bridge over their app in our Applied system.

Applied Rater review by Brenda A.
Brenda A.

"Very useful and practical"

What do you like best?

To have all my client information on one site. How easy is the quoting system, very accessible.

I can go check the status on policies that I'm working on.

When I have a troubleshooting problem the customer service is quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have trouble with passwords for the companies.

The quoting system is easy to use and effective, that way I get quotes faster for my clients. Also, the proposal is so detailed that helps the client to understand their options.

Applied Rater review by Tammy C.
Tammy C.

"Applied Rater Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of quoting with multiple carriers is nice.

What do you dislike?

Reporting, cannot search or filter reports; cannot export reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a process in place to help with integrating AR into your CRM or you will not be able to effectively use your data.

Quoting without having to enter the same information multiple times.

Applied Rater review by Daryl P.
Daryl P.

"Applied Rater Use to be good"

What do you like best?

The rater has all the carriers that we use.

What do you dislike?

When Semcat owned the software before there was rarely any issues. After Applied bought the software 1/2 of the time we get timed out when trying to rate multiple carriers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you look at other raters because of the issue with the timed out problems we have.

solved the problem of rating many carriers without having to go to each carrier to quote them

Applied Rater review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Love this product!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can access quotes through most of my companies without inputting info 5+ times.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the ability and easiness to change passwords to each company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GET IT! Makes quoting customers so much easier. Your CSR"s will save so much time- and have more time to accomplish more tasks!

Saving customers money!

Applied Rater review by Samantha G.
Samantha G.

"Helpful rater"

What do you like best?

Helps me do ease of business and get things done faster.

What do you dislike?

Not always accurate, sometimes have to go in and update items to get the correct pric

Takes less time to get things done

Applied Rater review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Product does what it is supposed to do and is usually accurate"

What do you like best?

The product integrates well with BMS .

What do you dislike?

Rates not always accurate. Easy to miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you answer all questions correctly

Allows quoting with multiple carriers.

Applied Rater review by Agency in Insurance
Agency in Insurance

"I enjoy the aspects of applied rater"

What do you like best?

I like the quality of information it can populate most of the time

What do you dislike?

That it doesn't locate rural or some small towns in our area

providing building information

Learning about Applied Rater?

* We monitor all Applied Rater reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.