Applied TAM

Applied TAM is the most widely used agency management software in the insurance industry, allowing your agency to manage day-to-day business operations with maximum productivity.

Work for Applied TAM?

Learning about Applied TAM?

Applied TAM Reviews

Ask Applied TAM a Question
Showing 27 Applied TAM reviews
Applied TAM review by <span>APRIL C.</span>
APRIL C.

"Applied Tam- The agents complete system"

What do you like best?

Applied really has all the bells and whistles that any agent would ever need. It is the complete package. I like that all my customers are stored in one spot. They also have tons of reports that you can run, so you know what is going on with your customers. I also like the ease of attaching files, so I can keep all my important documents attached to each customer.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately with all the bells and whistles it is easy to not fully use the whole system. I feel the worse part is the available training on the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. We have been using it for several years and it has been a great product.

It helps us to keep our customers at our finger tips. We have several office locations and it has helped us to know when someone else is already helping a customer. It also helps us to keep all our accounting straight, so that it comes to tax season, we are good to go.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Applied TAM
Applied TAM review by <span>Amy F.</span>
Amy F.

"Great Organization, but could be better"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the fact that all of us can see the same thing and keep up to date with our customers. There is easy access to all of the information we would ever need, so we don't need to keep any paper files anymore. I like that all of the information is saved, so that it can just be updated and corrected each year instead of starting over fresh every time a policy renews.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how some of the info is organized because it's out of order. For example, the application information that you complete does not follow the way it reads on the actual Accord form. This means that you have to jump around alot when filling out an application from a producer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get this if you have multiple CSR and Producers in your office because it steamlines all of the information you have into one place where anyone can access it at anytime.

We don't need to have paper files anymore, so it saves money on paper and ink. We can all access the same information all the time, so if a producer is out on a call on the weekend or after hours, he doesn't need to wait until the next day to give the client the answer they are looking for. It keeps things smooth and organized since we are all on the same page. If a CSR is out of the office, anyone can jump in and know what is going on with every client.

What Insurance Agency Management solution do you use?

Applied TAM review by <span>Aaron A.</span>
Aaron A.

"Good for P&C , OK for Health&Life"

What do you like best?

I would say the document search works pretty good. As long has you have own keywords you use for the company, everyone can easily follow up when the main contact is missing.

What do you dislike?

Old interface. It just looks old. They should do better job at making it pretty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software to help your everyday work, this is the one. But you need some commitment

I am attaching everything I get and send on Applied. It is crucial to my everyday work. Both P&C and Health&life team and see what they are doing.

User in Insurance

"Excellent Product, Just Missing A Few Extras"

What do you like best?

The best part of it is the ease of use - it is extremely easy to use and function as an agency when we have this tool to help us. It also is always available - something we didn't have with our old program due to frequent updates, error messages, malfunctions, etc. It is smooth!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I don't feel I am using it to the fullest that I can as an agency. I feel there are missing details such as activity types, ACORD/document functions, and some of it feels very retro - like I am working in the stone ages on a DOS computer!

We are solving the compatibility and availability of our agency as a whole. The benefits are the functionality - it is WAY easier to use!

Applied TAM review by <span>Elizabeth Anne S.</span>
Elizabeth Anne S.

"Love TAM! "

What do you like best?

I love that it’s user friendly. I have been a Commercial CSR for over 18 years & TAM is my favorite over all the other Agency Management Systems.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of clicking & having to repeat the same step over and over again makes it very tediius and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!!!! Make the switch!!! The cost is much less than you think it will be.

It organizes your entire agency and brings it into the 21st Century. It aids your agency in becoming paperless which leads to less E&O & proper handling of all incoming mail. It eliminates the need to file & deal with ridiculous amounts of paperwork.

Applied TAM review by <span>Jen H.</span>
Jen H.

"Applied Tam"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly Tam is. You can conveniently attach files, make notes and update things regularly. Its very easy to train on and lots of avenues within the software that appeal to most all departments.

What do you dislike?

the ONLY thing i dislike-is this program i feel is more for commercial accounts-where i'm in Benefits-but..its still very useful for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, anyone training to use this software will see its very user friendly and easily understandable. I couldn't keep my files organized and offer great customer service without this!

I just love being able to look under attachments and find things from years ago-that a client is questioning etc. ITs so wonderful for the organizational aspect.

"Good in theory "

What do you like best?

I love that I can do fax, email, print, scan right from one spot. The ability to attach emails, docs, & pics in each customers specific file is one of the most useful features I have ever used in a professional capacity. I love that I can bounce between multiple customers at once without interference! It is a multi tasking tool!

What do you dislike?

There are so many extra time wasting steps that you have to go through at times. And finding the notepad can be tough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are getting ready to switch to Applied Epic. Once I have used Epic I will report back as to which program is better.

We use TAM for all of our data management. It allows the entire office to share work if needed.

User in Insurance

"Applied makes managing your insurance business a breeze!"

What do you like best?

TAM Applied is very user friendly. It integrates with both your email, Word templates & more

What do you dislike?

The platform could use some beautification to make it look more modern or less office like

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome client management software-

Integrates with outlook smoothly to attach copies of emails and allows for download changes from carriers for endorsement and policy changes.

We run basically our entire business on Applied TAM- client info, policy information, commissions, costs, vendor info, carrier info

"Applied TAM "

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use, and makes work easy.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be very slow and freeze, and using the upload center is just an extra step that takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Applied Tam to anyone in the Insurance field. It is one place that has all of your accounts, records, history, and much more! It is also very simple to use! We are actually going to be switching to Applied EPIC in the next couple of months - so stay tuned.

Keeping all of our client information together and easy to access. This protects us from E&O claims.

Applied TAM review by Consultant in Insurance
Consultant in Insurance

"Easy organization"

What do you like best?

I like that the software allow you to view logs of old email from colleagues so we're able to answer our customers ongoing and past concerns.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the software user interface since it looks outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software is sufficient for smaller companies between 1-50 employees.

The software helps me keep track on customers policy with multiple lines of business and the premium of each account.

User in Insurance

"Great AMS with building history tracking"

What do you like best?

Activities that can be added on to, previous entries cannot be changed but notes and additions can be added to make the history of an account very easy to follow!

What do you dislike?

Less integrations than Vertafore products, but still highly competitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Applied systems are one of two large AMS software companies - rivaling Vertafore. Both companies have viable solutions - but be sure to take the opinions of your account managers as they really are the ones using the system Day in and day out and have to like the way the system runs and navigates.

Agency management and contact/lead tracking. Data management.

"It's Just Okay"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and can hold thousands of clients and documents. I like how I can drag an email or file from one screen and attach it directly to a client's policy.

What do you dislike?

It crashes way too often even with updates. You can only see one client screen at a time. You must change your password every 90 days which can be annoying writing down a new one all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software but crashes often

The program can hold thousands and thousands of document files to be able to research as far back as possible when your company started using the program.

Applied TAM review by <span>David K.</span>
David K.

"It works most of the time"

What do you like best?

off site data storage and backup of client data

What do you dislike?

occasional service issues with remote session server, hosted email issues

customer relationship management of commercial clients

Applied TAM review by <span>Jessica N.</span>
Jessica N.

"Applied Systems"

What do you like best?

The customer service is always available, the online chat is helpful and the call back service although not as quickly as the online chat.

What do you dislike?

They seem to be a bit behind on the times. Graphics are very windows 98 looking and are in need of a serious update. Some of their procedures are very cumbersome and should be simplified.

We needed something with an integrated payment system, TAM has introduced that but still not as seamless as we would like.

"TAM review"

What do you like best?

The only thing that I like is that you can filter what you are seeing.

What do you dislike?

Everything. It is so old fashioned. The color scheme. It's just been a nightmare to work with. I cannot wait for our new program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it more modern

We use this everyday for our work. No benefits.

"Ugly but simple"

What do you like best?

TAM works consistently and is quite reliable.

What do you dislike?

It isn’t very easy to look at. It’s kind of like DOS in the sense that it’s no-frills but reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth going for if you want a simpler, less densely-featured version of Applied EPIC

One business problem would be two sales people going after the same prospect. This application is helpful in that it’s easy to mark prospects that you’ve been in contact with so other agents on your team don’t end up pursuing the same contacts.

"Using Applied TAM"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to used TAM to manage my agency and the Applied University that keeps me on top of the latest features of TAM.

What do you dislike?

It is not very easy to navigate through the system. The organization is a little strange for me and it is hard to find the topic i need help on.

It is how my agency keeps track of clients, prospects, and policies. We also use it to learn more about the product and do inner office education.

User in Insurance

"Best client management for Insurance! "

What do you like best?

As long as you do everything right on the front end, the reports and apps you are able to run are the absolute best of any similar programs.

What do you dislike?

I will say it looks a little bit dated but once you get into it and see all that can be done, it's amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It blows AMS out of the water

The applications and the Real Time syncing are fantastic. I love how easily it can bridge over to your carriers

"Old and Slow"

What do you like best?

I think the idea they have is easy to understand

What do you dislike?

slow, old fashioned. many technical issues need to be updated

used for organizing clients

Applied TAM review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Applied TAM is a useful tool"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate, reports are fairly basic to figure out, I like the simplicity how to find clients; enter notes, attach files to that client.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to which of our agencies clients belong to. If they aren't with us, we can only see their name.

client organization; keeps everything digital and clean.

User in Insurance

"my review of applied tam "

What do you like best?

SEVERAL APPLICATIONS WITHIN THE PROGRAM TO HELP WITH YOUR AGENCY.

What do you dislike?

WE HAVE AN ISSUE WITH GETTING LOCKED OUT FROM TIME TO TIME. NEEDING EVERYONE TO BE SIGNED OUT IN ORDER FOR THE UPDATES/IVANS TO RUN CORRECTLY AT NIGHT.

IT IS VERY EASY TO KEEP TRACK OF CUSTOMERS, ACTIVITIES, ATTACHING EMAILS, PHOTOS, APPLICATIONS TO THE FILE AND ALL OF THE AGENTS ARE ABLE TO SEE IT.

User in Insurance

"Good program just Outdated"

What do you like best?

I like the processes the system uses. Not to complicated and very user friendly, I like the amount of information it stores

What do you dislike?

I dislike the antiquity of the program. Feels very outdated compared to its counterparts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue redeveloping programs and creating better

Providing a space to include all of our client and policy data

Applied TAM review by Agency in Insurance
Agency in Insurance

"TAM"

What do you like best?

I have been working with TAM for many years and have become very fond of the program

What do you dislike?

I am not dissatisfied with any aspect of the portions of the program I use daily.

TAM makes it very easy to view notes and activities of all employees interactions with a file.

Applied TAM review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"TAM accounting"

What do you like best?

That all modules in Tam work together in real-time. Financials are immediately updated as staff works throughout the day in each Dept

What do you dislike?

Some of the workflows are cumbersome. Would like to see more customization in workflows and reporting.

Very efficient for paperless environments

"Good Program"

What do you like best?

Program is best at keeping your policies up to date with downloads

What do you dislike?

Could be better streamlined with keeping up with payments and attachments.

Good for the most part with keeping everything with your clients up to date.

Applied TAM review by Agency in Insurance
Agency in Insurance

"Needs updating."

What do you like best?

Daily Activities on Home screen and claim detail information.

What do you dislike?

Certificate capability, need to be able to alphabetize. Should easily be able to see policies/endorsements specific to a policy with updated premiums.

Servicing Customers somewhat efficiently.

User in Insurance

"Very difficult to navigate"

What do you like best?

There is very little about TAM that is user friendly

What do you dislike?

Everything! It is not an easy system to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't buy it

It is our agency management system

Learning about Applied TAM?

* We monitor all Applied TAM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.