AppSheet

Build powerful mobile apps automatically from spreadsheets saved in Dropbox, Google Drive, or BOX. It's easy, free, and there is no coding involved.

Work for AppSheet?
Nintexworkflowplat 2x

Learning about AppSheet?

AppSheet Reviews

Ask AppSheet a Question
Showing 42 AppSheet reviews
AppSheet review by <span>Vitor B.</span>
Vitor B.

Start as a form to update a spreadsheet and end up as a medium complex app

What do you like best?

Start with a Google spreadsheet and end up with an app. As I understand how it works is amazing for me that all the work about design the forms buttons and so on is already done, with a good look and also intuitive. Also most of the operations we normally need to set in a app, more than CRUD operations are automatically done by AppSheet. So I can concentrate in the things that be must be done by the app. And because I can use a spreadsheet as a database I can use all I know about spreadsheet functions to more complex needs without learn a programmer language. The pricing plans are very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Lack of printing options and report tools. We can do a lot to have reports from the data on the screen, but no simple way to print them. We can't print what we see in the screen mainly from lists. As a workaround I have used some complex ways that goggle sheets offer to build URLs to pdf and use them in AppSheet. But for this a more deeply goggle sheet knowledge is needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have never programmed before, but know something about databases like Microsoft Access or you are good in Excel (or better in Google Spreadsheets) you can start to build simple apps and enjoy the way to have the things to work. In a while people will start to think you are a true programmer (although you use no code to build that apps). Or you can start with lots of sample apps and modifying them to your needs.

I start creating an app to enroll people to a seminary and control check in attendance and print certificates. Than another one to allot people to rooms. Now I have build apps to control incomes and expenses for nonprofit and religious organizations with medium to high complexity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AppSheet
AppSheet review by <span>David A.</span>
David A.

Powerful, intuitive and beautiful user experience

What do you like best?

The elegance of the end-user interface of the apps I build with appsheets, is very professional. Many of the users of my apps are hostile to technology and appsheet creates apps that even some of them say are better than using paper. Also the insanely good customer support. How many software products have the actual developers answering userforum questions in real-time? This includes the CEO of Appsheet, Praveen who is available to help end customers on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

It is a "No-Code" platform, designed for people who are comfortable with a spreadsheet expression and I simple Access database, but not code. Although I think it is amazing how powerful and customisable the framework is; I sometimes wish I could get deeper under the bonnet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it

My business is about empowering individuals in a complex welfare service system. Appsheet de-medicalises, de-centralises, and simplifies the many types of data collection and sharing activities that make lives better for people in my industry.

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

AppSheet review by <span>Kirk M.</span>
Kirk M.

AppSheet provides outstanding opportunities for educators

What do you like best?

AppSheet's integration with Google Sheets and, by extension, Google Forms, Google App Script, and other products that work with Google Sheets provide users with an extremely rich and powerful array of possibilities to choose from. In addition, I've been amazed at the quality of support I've gotten, even though I'm on the free plan. I've posed many questions on the user forum that have been answered directly by the CEO himself. This help has been invaluable to me in my development of a flashcard app that I have me students using: https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/230844

What do you dislike?

AppSheet is continuing to grow and develop. It is much more powerful now than when I began using it a year ago. There are several capabilities (better integration with mp3 files, etc.) that I'm still waiting for. On the other hand, I expect such issues to be resolved little by little.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to develop an app for students and then take advantage of Google Sheets sharing capabilities (which, in my case, allow me to follow my students' progress), then I think AppSheet is the best platform you can find.

I've used AppSheet to with Google Forms to get real time input (questions and comments, mini survey results, etc.) from students listening to my lectures, and then display these results on my computer screen in a way that is far superior to what I could do with Google Sheets alone. Students have responded very positively. Moreover, I've been able to do this on App Sheets free plan. Paid plans open other possibilities but AppSheet can be quit useful to individuals who use it for free as well.

AppSheet review by <span>María de Jesús P.</span>
María de Jesús P.

Easy an fast way to create apps

What do you like best?

The ability to improve google forms in several ways and the possibilities that this creates. The use of sheets from google docs helps a lot to create online data bases. it makes the process of app development very easy and you don't need special abilities to use AppSheet.

What do you dislike?

the way it's design is not complete user friendly. At the beginning it was hard for me to find the comando or actions I wanted to perform, it took me some practice to learn how the workflow is designed. I also think you can add command buttons and Thant the virtual with data calculations should be added to the sheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since you can add calculations to a form, there is a lot to do with AppSheet. Also the way it works with data bases is easy and fast.

To use forms in research providing the participants to get immediate feedback. I was working in a form to get data from the subjects of research but I wanted to provide online feed back for them to know their results.

AppSheet review by <span>Todd S.</span>
Todd S.

Like LEGO's for building Apps

What do you like best?

I've now been using appsheet for over a year. I think using Appsheet is a lot like using LEGO's. Legos let you build something simple, like a wall, with very little effort, but you can also build something like the Millenium Falcon out of them too, you just have to have some determination, patience and the willingness to learn (especially from the community). Outside of Google Sheets, Appsheets is my very favorite software...and I'm definitely not a programmer.

What do you dislike?

The most difficult part is understanding the logic behind how the tool works. Ultimately this is learning how to understand the logic behind relational databases (they have lots of tutorials and the user community is very active and helpful) and then leveraging the tools that Appsheet gives you to build them. For me, this took about 50 or 100 hours of puttering around building ever more complicated apps. This can be VERY frustrating because you create errors you don't understand for reasons that are very opaque. All I can say is "Keep Trying". At some point, everything just clicks and it gets easier by about 5x.

The most challenging part from a deployment perspective is getting end users to download and install the app(s) because it's a two step process. First they have to download appsheets and then they have to download the app. It seems simple but it's amazing how many people struggle with something as simple as that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't understand the theory of how relational databases work, you're learning curve will be a little more frustrating. Once you get the logic behind relationships of different data and how important it is to break down the data into relatively narrowly defined tables (it's ok if this doesn't make sense, it didn't to me either at first) it get's much easier. The tool itself is really easy to use, if at times mildly tedious.

Property Inspections, Service Tracking, Basic CRM and we're now working on developing a quoting app that will let our salespeople build quotes in the field.

AppSheet review by <span>Daniel S.</span>
Daniel S.

Powerfull tool for mobile aplication development

What do you like best?

Appsheet provides with a convenient way to implement data structure for an application to use. The way to define it is simple and easy to use, even for non programmers. To be able to manipulate data from a worksheets like EXCELL or Google Sheets directly is a powerfull business resouce indeed. Documentation is clear and covers most oof the functionality of the tool. Webinars are profesional and provide with clear material and tips even for experienced users. For workgroups and collective projects, the Project control consle is there to help you manage people and resources. You can also get information about application performance to find out where the bottlernecks are.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The user console is clean, understandable and provides with enough power to develop complex mobile applications in a short time period. Support is always at hand and the user community is always a resouce to ask for help. What else do you need?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Participate in the webinars. The keep you updated and let you knpw where they are hading in a constant maner.

Construction project management and cost control, Diverse items GPS location., price list distribution. I would say that the key for a solid ap´ñication is the way you handle data. Appsheet provides with a simple yat strong way to imprement data structure. You can also do more bussiness with Appsheet by becoming a Partner and promote this fantastic tool in your business comunity.

Learning about AppSheet?

* We monitor all AppSheet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.