Apptivo

Apptivo

Apptivo is a affordable SaaS business management software for SMB. Our ERP apps include project management, CRM, invoicing, supply chain management, and more!

Work for Apptivo?

Learning about Apptivo?

Apptivo Reviews

Ask Apptivo a Question
Showing 52 Apptivo reviews
Apptivo review by <span>Vernessa T.</span>
Vernessa T.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Apptivo: All-Inclusive Cloud App for Admin & Operational Success (CRM, Project Management, Billing)

What do you like best?

I like how detail views are available from most places; call logs, projects, tasks, notes can be associated with a contact or company or opportunity.

The integration with email is excellent, right down to making it easy to connect your email boxes. One challenge I had that Apptivo solved for me was how to keep emails related to a particular project or opportunity all together in one place. Apptivo does a good job of this by assigning codes (or project numbers), and allowing you to select whether or not the email you are writing is related .... If you are writing emails using some other application (your desktop client or cloud-based app), you can use the same code in the subject line and Apptivo will pull that email into the app, and associate it with the relevant modules (project, client, case, etc.)

They do not nickle-and-dime you to death! One price includes everything. Their tiers are about number of users rather than adding/subtracting features. A more sensible model than some of the others.

What do you dislike?

Apptivo communicates improvements and changes on a regular basis, however, it takes Apptivo a long, loooooong time to integrate changes that have been requested by clients, and improvements overall. The incremental changes they report on are good but they are really things that should have been implemented 4-5 years ago. They are playing catch-up with many of these. An example of this is Stripe (payment gateway) integration. I requested it over and over about 3 years ago but it was just implemented last year.

They could do better with customization (esp. dashaboards), reporting, data import, data export and speed. Also, connection to phone services (to take better advantage of the ability to log calls). Low scores on API/integrations and performance Reliability should be separated from performance because Apptivo is reliable, doesn't seem to ever lose information, etc. but it is often as slow as molasses in an ice storm. Waiting is a no-no; constant waiting is a annoyance that has made me close the app more than once and come back another time.

The interface still has areas that are clunky and unattractive (although, in defense of Apptivo, I must say the interface has improved in aesthetics, colors and icons in the 4 years I've been using it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apptivo never, ever came up in comparison reviews when I was looking for my all-inclusive operations software. It is a hidden gem and once you know about it, you have to commit some time to work through the modules to see if it can benefit your organization. Don't be afraid to ask questions of customer support especially about features you need. I found that some things I thought were totally missing in Apptivo were available in the Enterprise version. All I had to do was ask.

I've been using Apptivo on and off over a period of four years. I am a one-person firm (with occasional sub-contractors) using the Enterprise version of Apptivo. [Enterprise is not a "payment tier" per se, but an additional set of features that you can request be added on top of your plan.]

I was using Teamwork (formerly Teamwork PM) for project management, a local install of vTiger CRM for contacts and opportunity management, and myriad other cloud-based apps to pull together administrative activities. I wanted an all-inclusive software with strong project management features that also allowed me to handle detailed invoicing and allowed customers to click a link to pay. Lastly, the CRM component had to be at least as good as vTiger (or Zoho CRM which I'd also given a trial run).

Apptivo satisfied these needs. I use it more for project management, opportunity management, field service management, and billing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apptivo
Apptivo review by <span>Meredith S.</span>
Meredith S.

Good, free program for managing work tasks and schedules

What do you like best?

I enjoy the scheduling and task features on this program. It makes it easy to assign tasks and send event notifications to other staff members. Currently, I use it for myself to keep up with following up with church members, tracking events, and making sure I'm up to date on my weekly tasks. I also really enjoy that you can download a mobile app so you can keep up with everything on the go. It's a lot like Google calendar or Asana but you can be more detailed with the scheduling.

What do you dislike?

It's a pretty simple program to use. The one thing I dislike is the inability to schedule re-occurring events and tasks. For example, as I attend weekly meetings and have many of the same tasks on a weekly basis, it would be nice to add those all at once without having to individually schedule them. There may be a way to do these things but I have not yet found a way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time getting to know the program before introducing it to other staff members. It is good to have what you need scheduled in before adding them into the tasks. Once they sign up, you can assign the specific tasks to them.

Scheduling events and tasks and assigning them to other staff members. It keeps us more organized and gives us deadlines to work with. Before having a program like this, we relied mostly on group text messages and emails and would frequently get confused as to who was taking care of certain tasks. This way, we can log in and see who is accomplishing the tasks.

What CRM solution do you use?

Apptivo review by <span>Owen S.</span>
Owen S.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great Functionality and customization

What do you like best?

I like that I can choose how to implement the software. With a little up-front customization, which I have completed myself, I have made the software straightforward and intuitive for the way my business operates. I don't need to adapt to suit Apptivo, it changes to suit me.

What do you dislike?

The process for customization and up-front set up is not super intuitive. There was a pretty big learning curve with a lot of trial and error before I was able to really get rolling with setup and customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of any help that's offered by Apptivo for setup/training during the onboarding. There is a bit of a learning curve, and it's worth the time.

Our staff work almost exclusively remotely, so having the centralized storage of all of our vital business information was key. Apptivo's integration with e-mail also allows us to retain customer communications in a really simple way when there is employee turnover.

Apptivo review by <span>Dave G.</span>
Dave G.

Great customer support - but lacking some key features that I need

What do you like best?

Their customer service is awesome. They have a help button on every screen and, unlike most CRMs, this button pulls up a chat box, not a wiki or forum. Within seconds of a request a live operator responds and actually gives you real solutions. I was totally impressed the first time I used it and figured it was a fluke but I've used the support chat multiple times and each time a knowledgeable rep was there to answer my questions and help me try to solve my problem.

What do you dislike?

I love the look of the interface but I don't like the inflexibility. For example, on the contact screen overview page you see all the contact info. Which is great....the first time you create the contact. But every time after that, I don't need to see all those details - I want to know what we talked about, what we are doing next, notes I've made, etc. Yes - you can see all that but you have to go to different tabs and each time you do that you have to wait. I'm sick of watching the loading graphic. There are currently no options to modify contact, company or home screens like you can do in Salesforce. The ability to customize these screens would be a deal sealer for me but when I asked about it the developers didn't seem to think it was terribly important. Instead they told me to use the NEWS tab.

My next complaint as I already mentioned - its slow. Page load time is painful. Switching tabs within a contact or company should be instantaneous and it certainly isn't ,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free trial (with the enterprise edition) and put it through the paces. I think they say 30 days but you can also request an extension. The program looks great and support is awesome but you really need to try it out and see if the pros outweigh the cons. For me, I don't think they do. Which is too bad...it's so close to perfect.

Managing my contacts, proposals and projects.

Apptivo review by User

Value for money

What do you like best?

You get an extremely large variety of modules (they refer to them as 'apps') for a reasonable price. I tried Workflowmax and various other alternatives before settling on Apptivo in 2016. None of the others offered the sheer range of integrated modules. If you work in a project oriented industry, you can handle the entire workflow: marketing campaigns, leads, opportunities, estimates, invoices, project management and so on, through one system. Add to this chat support - within the app - and it is very attractive.

What do you dislike?

1.) I was initially attracted to the notion of 'Wordpress plugins' which could integrate your website and Apptivo account. These include ecommerce and business plugins. Unfortunately they don't seem to be a development focus, nor are they maintained regularly. The plugins also have unusual requirements - such as TLS 1.2 - which not all hosting companies offer. I don't want to have to move companies just for this aspect to work correctly. 2.) Sometimes a bit slow. 3.) Would like to see a landing page app, perhaps an integrated hosting account, with wordpress apps, seo and other digital marketing features. 4.) Templates for estimates should allow more customisation, or perhaps work with Office products like Word and PowerPoint, as some proposals require more information than allowed in a simple one-page estimate. 5.) The knowledgebase 'answers' app could do with an upgrade. 6.) Project due dates are calculated automatically; unfortunately Apptivo does not take account of the hours available and comes up with unrealistic dates. Ideally it would allow you to indicate hours available per day for a project and take that into account.

The key problems solved include: 1.) Not having to repeatedly enter customer / contact details. Enter once and convert through the stages to invoicing. 2.) Easy to find invoices for the accountant. 3.) I especially like not having to use separate systems for estimates and invoicing anymore. 4.) Automated reminders for late invoices - saves a lot of time - not to mention reduced awkwardness - as it is automated and you don't personally need to follow up with errant clients..

Apptivo review by <span>Jordan M.</span>
Jordan M.

Picky Sales Guy with an unique customer base

What do you like best?

I have been using Apptivo for a few years now. I research frequently to see if there are better platforms. While other platforms may have a few features that are superior, Apptivo has a suite of apps that meet my company needs the best. This way I don't have to have a CRM, and a separate program to be able to do custom estimates, it stores all my products which are many, in there and makes a real quick way to produce professional looking estimates with the customers' info all there.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to add tags on an import in mass. I would also like to have a predesigned estimate. I send out both custom and standard products. So it would save time if I could have the standard products saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just looking for a CRM its good, but there are other options that are good, if you are looking for a suite to help run multiple aspects of your business then this is an excellent choice.

I primarily use this for a sales and marketing tool, but product management we also use it for. We are a small company and I am more the early adopter for this stuff so I see us expanding its uses more and more.

Learn more about Apptivo

Apptivo Videos

Learning about Apptivo?

* We monitor all Apptivo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.