APS Core HR Solution

APS is the cloud-based way to handle all of your people-related activities.

Work for APS Core HR Solution?

Learning about APS for Core HR?

APS Core HR Solution Reviews

Ask APS for Core HR a Question
Showing 46 APS for Core HR reviews
APS for Core HR review by <span>Vaughn S.</span>
Vaughn S.

Onboarding made simple!

What do you like best?

Not having physical paperwork laying around or having to scan it all into the computer!

What do you dislike?

I really wish a new hires direct deposit information would transfer from the onboarding side to the payroll side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get ready to save some time and money! This is going to make life much simpler!

We no longer have a lack of applicants since we have our job listings posted on indeed and other websites. We can hire them straight through the website and they get an email to fill out their paperwork online, which saves us time and paper from having them do it physically in store.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about APS Core HR Solution
APS for Core HR review by <span>Ronald D. T.</span>
Ronald D. T.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

One of the best business decisions I made this year

What do you like best?

1. Intuitive so its easy to get started and you can tune the fine points later

2. You can add fields for regulatory requirements such as medical, fingerprinting, etc.

3. Appraisals and documents are kept in the system so that file storage risks are reduced

4. Diversity, Worker's Comp, Location, and Departments are easy to enter and generate quick reports later.

5. Its easy to send a group email to a department or to the entire staff team.

6. With pay cards, everyone can be placed on direct deposit immediately and avoid labor costs of check distribution.

7. Its easy to assign part of salary to various departments and easy to change those proportions mid year.

8. Its far better than ADP if you are a manager who needs to check on an occasional basis because the data is so easy to access.

9. Eselfserve reduces the need to help employees because they have their paystubs and information online

What do you dislike?

1. It would be nice to receive alarms about expiration dates of fields added by our company.

2. The hand scanner units cannot be used in public school sites where we do not have control of internet access and there is no memory in the unit to save punches for later upload

3. The appraisal forms cannot be edited but must be completely reconstructed if changes are needed

4. I wish it locked to Blackbaud so that the internal control of locking payroll to accounting was complete and removes an audit verification step

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at 6 packages. Ease of use and strong internal controls were key requirements for us.

We were making significant errors with ADP since we only have 150 employees. The ADP interface seems to work ok if you have a dedicated payroll person for a larger company. The intuitive approach of APS makes it easy to avoid payroll errors.

We try to avoid office assistants and APS cedes more power to department managers.

What Core HR solution do you use?

APS for Core HR review by Administrator

Makes HR easy

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to keep records, pull reports, and run payroll. Also the staff is always there to help with questions. I also love how easy it is to manage employee garnishments. Garnishments can be time consuming but not with aps. They make the process easy!

What do you dislike?

I wish that I was more knowledgeable about how to manage employee deductions and accruals. I do have access to aps help portal but I lack the time to go learn more about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is affordable and is very efficient! Saves your company time and money!

I love having aps when I get audited for workers comp. It so user friendly to pull the all of the payroll reports. It also is very efficient! Less time spent figuring out problems. This software defiantly eliminates the daily troubles of in house payroll. The web based time clock makes it easy for employees on and offsite to clock in and out.

APS for Core HR review by <span>Timothy H.</span>
Timothy H.

Great Training

What do you like best?

Training provided by APS Staff exceeded our expectations. Very detailed and informative, as well as readily available to answer questions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far. The process has been straight forward, and we are happy with where APS HR is taking our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training is a valuable resource. The training staff is helpful and is able to answer questions throughout the process. They are available outside of training for any additional questions, and personally facilitate the transition to account support staff once training is complete.

Adding APS Core HR has increased the need for our business to continue to improve our own internal processes. APS Provides demo/baseline processes that have allowed the business to think about how we have been completing tasks and allowed for internal process improvements on our part.

APS for Core HR review by <span>Rachel H.</span>
Rachel H.

Extremely satisfied with APS HR Solution

What do you like best?

The ACA Alerts and benefits tracking has worked amazingly. The 1095C reporting went very smooth this past year and was a huge improvement from the year prior when we were using a different payroll company.

What do you dislike?

We have not utilized the performance review function yet but one thing I would like to see is for APS to have a frequency option to choose from (yearly, every 6 months, etc) rather than having to schedule a review every time.

- We are able to comply with ACA laws and accurately track employee benefits that allow for ease when it comes to reporting.

- Utilizing the time tracking function and tracking sick and vacation time on APS has helped us to be more accurate in our data than tracking on a spreadsheet.

APS for Core HR review by <span>Damon I.</span>
Damon I.

APS Core HR Solution

What do you like best?

I really like that they always get back to me quickly and resolve any issues we might be having in a timely manner. Their representative are always friendly and patient. Its hard to believe we're getting this quality of service with such low monthly service charges.

They are an especially good solution for an organization like ours with over 10 payroll departments. Their reports offer many reporting options for multiple departments.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few issues with printing reports. They don't always format the way they look on the screen, but they're always usable. I've also had a little trouble navigating some of their menus because it isn't always intuitive whether a topic should fall under payroll and HR.

APS has been our payroll solution for the past 2 years. The monthly time sheets by department have been a godsend.

Learn more about APS Core HR Solution

APS Core HR Solution Videos

Learning about APS Core HR Solution?

* We monitor all APS Core HR Solution reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.