1. Intuitive so its easy to get started and you can tune the fine points later
2. You can add fields for regulatory requirements such as medical, fingerprinting, etc.
3. Appraisals and documents are kept in the system so that file storage risks are reduced
4. Diversity, Worker's Comp, Location, and Departments are easy to enter and generate quick reports later.
5. Its easy to send a group email to a department or to the entire staff team.
6. With pay cards, everyone can be placed on direct deposit immediately and avoid labor costs of check distribution.
7. Its easy to assign part of salary to various departments and easy to change those proportions mid year.
8. Its far better than ADP if you are a manager who needs to check on an occasional basis because the data is so easy to access.
9. Eselfserve reduces the need to help employees because they have their paystubs and information online
1. It would be nice to receive alarms about expiration dates of fields added by our company.
2. The hand scanner units cannot be used in public school sites where we do not have control of internet access and there is no memory in the unit to save punches for later upload
3. The appraisal forms cannot be edited but must be completely reconstructed if changes are needed
4. I wish it locked to Blackbaud so that the internal control of locking payroll to accounting was complete and removes an audit verification step
We were making significant errors with ADP since we only have 150 employees. The ADP interface seems to work ok if you have a dedicated payroll person for a larger company. The intuitive approach of APS makes it easy to avoid payroll errors.
We try to avoid office assistants and APS cedes more power to department managers.