APS Core HR Solution

APS Core HR Solution

APS is the cloud-based way to handle all of your people-related activities.

Work for APS Core HR Solution?

Learning about APS for Core HR?

APS Core HR Solution Reviews

Ask APS for Core HR a Question
Showing 51 APS for Core HR reviews
APS for Core HR review by Kelly H.
Kelly H.

"Customer Service Outstanding"

What do you like best?

What I like most about APS is the functionality of multiple pay codes with multiple pay rates and the ability to change them on the fly. With over 100 employees doing different tasks at different rates, it's not always hard coded on their employee record. I inherited this system less than a year ago and had to get up to speed very quickly to process the bi-weekly payroll. Their customer service team is truly outstanding via email or phone. They were patient with me and walked me through to meet the deadlines.

What do you dislike?

The only “con” that I’ve experienced is not having the ability to turn off deductions for a specific type of employee all at once. With seasonal employee’s benefits have different deduction dates and have to be changed one by one.

Time savings managing different pay rates for different tasks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about APS Core HR Solution
APS for Core HR review by Vaughn S.
Vaughn S.

"Onboarding made simple!"

What do you like best?

Not having physical paperwork laying around or having to scan it all into the computer!

What do you dislike?

I really wish a new hires direct deposit information would transfer from the onboarding side to the payroll side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get ready to save some time and money! This is going to make life much simpler!

We no longer have a lack of applicants since we have our job listings posted on indeed and other websites. We can hire them straight through the website and they get an email to fill out their paperwork online, which saves us time and paper from having them do it physically in store.

What Core HR solution do you use?

APS for Core HR review by Kayla K.
Kayla K.

"Great Payroll/HR System"

What do you like best?

APS is constantly improving their system. We utilize the payroll platform and will be integrating into utilizing the HR Platform more, now that we have extra help within the department.

What do you dislike?

Haven't seen any yet. I'm sure there will be few items that maybe don't meet our expectations, but nothing to the point we wouldn't use the system.

We would replacing our multiple systems that don't integrate with each other, to one streamline platform.

APS for Core HR review by Ronald D. T.
Ronald D. T.

"One of the best business decisions I made this year"

What do you like best?

1. Intuitive so its easy to get started and you can tune the fine points later

2. You can add fields for regulatory requirements such as medical, fingerprinting, etc.

3. Appraisals and documents are kept in the system so that file storage risks are reduced

4. Diversity, Worker's Comp, Location, and Departments are easy to enter and generate quick reports later.

5. Its easy to send a group email to a department or to the entire staff team.

6. With pay cards, everyone can be placed on direct deposit immediately and avoid labor costs of check distribution.

7. Its easy to assign part of salary to various departments and easy to change those proportions mid year.

8. Its far better than ADP if you are a manager who needs to check on an occasional basis because the data is so easy to access.

9. Eselfserve reduces the need to help employees because they have their paystubs and information online

What do you dislike?

1. It would be nice to receive alarms about expiration dates of fields added by our company.

2. The hand scanner units cannot be used in public school sites where we do not have control of internet access and there is no memory in the unit to save punches for later upload

3. The appraisal forms cannot be edited but must be completely reconstructed if changes are needed

4. I wish it locked to Blackbaud so that the internal control of locking payroll to accounting was complete and removes an audit verification step

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at 6 packages. Ease of use and strong internal controls were key requirements for us.

We were making significant errors with ADP since we only have 150 employees. The ADP interface seems to work ok if you have a dedicated payroll person for a larger company. The intuitive approach of APS makes it easy to avoid payroll errors.

We try to avoid office assistants and APS cedes more power to department managers.

"Makes HR easy"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to keep records, pull reports, and run payroll. Also the staff is always there to help with questions. I also love how easy it is to manage employee garnishments. Garnishments can be time consuming but not with aps. They make the process easy!

What do you dislike?

I wish that I was more knowledgeable about how to manage employee deductions and accruals. I do have access to aps help portal but I lack the time to go learn more about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is affordable and is very efficient! Saves your company time and money!

I love having aps when I get audited for workers comp. It so user friendly to pull the all of the payroll reports. It also is very efficient! Less time spent figuring out problems. This software defiantly eliminates the daily troubles of in house payroll. The web based time clock makes it easy for employees on and offsite to clock in and out.

APS for Core HR review by Timothy H.
Timothy H.

"Great Training"

What do you like best?

Training provided by APS Staff exceeded our expectations. Very detailed and informative, as well as readily available to answer questions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far. The process has been straight forward, and we are happy with where APS HR is taking our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training is a valuable resource. The training staff is helpful and is able to answer questions throughout the process. They are available outside of training for any additional questions, and personally facilitate the transition to account support staff once training is complete.

Adding APS Core HR has increased the need for our business to continue to improve our own internal processes. APS Provides demo/baseline processes that have allowed the business to think about how we have been completing tasks and allowed for internal process improvements on our part.

APS for Core HR review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Extremely satisfied with APS HR Solution"

What do you like best?

The ACA Alerts and benefits tracking has worked amazingly. The 1095C reporting went very smooth this past year and was a huge improvement from the year prior when we were using a different payroll company.

What do you dislike?

We have not utilized the performance review function yet but one thing I would like to see is for APS to have a frequency option to choose from (yearly, every 6 months, etc) rather than having to schedule a review every time.

- We are able to comply with ACA laws and accurately track employee benefits that allow for ease when it comes to reporting.

- Utilizing the time tracking function and tracking sick and vacation time on APS has helped us to be more accurate in our data than tracking on a spreadsheet.

APS for Core HR review by Damon I.
Damon I.

"APS Core HR Solution"

What do you like best?

I really like that they always get back to me quickly and resolve any issues we might be having in a timely manner. Their representative are always friendly and patient. Its hard to believe we're getting this quality of service with such low monthly service charges.

They are an especially good solution for an organization like ours with over 10 payroll departments. Their reports offer many reporting options for multiple departments.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few issues with printing reports. They don't always format the way they look on the screen, but they're always usable. I've also had a little trouble navigating some of their menus because it isn't always intuitive whether a topic should fall under payroll and HR.

APS has been our payroll solution for the past 2 years. The monthly time sheets by department have been a godsend.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"HR Director"

What do you like best?

I love how good the communication is with APS. They are very open to ideas and are always listening to customer feed back and evolving the product to better suit the customer's needs.

What do you dislike?

I have had some issues with the ease of use, however APS has been committed to updating the system and each update I have seen improvement and feel very positive about the software.

The system is helping us to move towards a paperless system which I absolutely love. It is easier to pull information on an employee when asked. The end of year reporting is easier with the help of APS.

APS for Core HR review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"APS - The best payroll/HR I have found"

What do you like best?

I love that APS makes your life easier. It is very simple to use and simple to teach users. One website and everything you need. No call center, direct support and email!

What do you dislike?

Other than a few button and minor functionality issues, I have no issues with it.

I use APS to track Benefits, Assets and events. I have only been using it for about 2 years, still discovering new things. I enjoy the event tracking so that I can track wages and automate it.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Mostly In Line With The Sales Pitch - Good Company, Could Listen To More Client Feedback"

What do you like best?

The software itself has a good workflow and is fairly intuitive - of course I'm coming from a software that was from the dark ages, so anything is better than what we had.

The implementation team is excellent - on top of things and willing to go above and beyond and answer all our questions.

I don't have to wait a long time to get someone on the phone if I need help. Training was pretty good, although scheduled as a series of shorter sessions (like a half hour each) which I thought was interesting. Shout out to Leah our trainer - she was flexible and very graciously worked through my questions.

The reporting is quite good, and the graphs and pie charts are very nice! This was something we really wanted and this has been satisfactory.

Customer service is polite and friendly. They tend to have a good process for resolving issues. There's a help database and a chat service which functions quite well.

What do you dislike?

They seem to be lacking some minor but would-be-helpful features and functionality. A coupleexamples: One, there isn't a built in spot for annual salary information on every employee's page (you get hourly or biweekly salary, though). This is a payroll software - that seems like a basic informational need for a payroll software. There is a workaround - you create a custom page and have to click to it for that info and I don't think you can pull it in regular reports.

Second thing - PTO is functional, but it shows up funny, showing used PTO hours from last year which is confusing.

Third, employees cannot edit direct deposit information which as added an additional step for me if any changes are required. They could in our previous software.

My overall sense from the interactions on these issues is the support team doesn't have much of a voice with their software development team. Due to that, they have settled into just using workarounds and suggesting those to clients. We have had to push a bit to get feature requests put in and have heard little to nothing about any timelines or confirmation that they are accepted.

Again, minor things, but in the initially purchasing stage, I asked the sales gal if the development team was active and took feature requests and I was assured they did. I also partly signed up because of the excellent customer service reviews, but have found that I have often had to follow up with the support team even when they say they'll get back to me.

Another note: I'm reviewing this feature APSHire separately from APSOnline as it feels like it operates separately.

One of their optional add-ons APS Hire is a fairly new offering. From my experience, it has basic functionality, a lot of which is wonderful. However, whoever is in charge of the software does not appear to have the man power and/or interest in making this system truly great. There are several things that severely affect the workflow for a company who wants to implement this for the full advertised benefits:

One being there is no way to hide salary information in the system, so any hiring managers signing in to leave interview feedback or view their pipeline would be able to see any discussions applicants are having regarding salary and benefits. I asked for this relatively simple feature request and it was excluded from their coming release. Of course, I understand if the team has a different direction they are heading, but I was still disappointed. This has kept my process quite manual in terms of getting hiring manager feedback.

Also the offer letter process within APSHire is less than ideal. There isn't documentation - the trainer hadn't really had anyone use it before and it was a process of trial and error to figure out (mostly on my own) and involves more manual work than I feel should be necessary for a software that is supposed to increase efficiency. Due to these issues, I still have to continue to share and store a lot of applicant documents outside of APSHire, however, this is liveable as I had an almost entirely manual process previously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hopefully APS will continue to take user feedback and improve their product. Until then, depending on your size, there will be some manual processes you'll have to maintain. I think they'd be better for mid-size or smaller companies rather than anyone really big.

We are solving efficiency and accuracy issues across the company. We have realized the benefits of having a more intuitive system and much better reporting. Payroll tends to go faster, due to some of the workload being transferred back to managers instead of our Bookkeeper. The system doesn't require much training on the employee side and has even more functions than we end up using (but gives us possibility for the future).

Overall, I think APSOnline is a good solution. I don't regret working with them.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Individual & Family Services
Administrator in Individual & Family Services

"Great Well Rounded Software"

What do you like best?

I like the accessibility, flexibility, available support staff to answer questions, and ease of use of the software. This is the best software I've used besides in-house purchased software. I'm glad we made the switch and it has been a good switch.

We are so glad another HR Software Provider recommended them because otherwise, we could probably be dealing with some other software that isn't as great. It really is a diamond in the rough. It is affordable but has all the functionality you would want from an HR system. It has a lot of functionality but for a great price.

What do you dislike?

The custom setup for our agency was a struggle to get setup but worked great after it was all setup and running. We had a very specific GL account which was a process to work through but everything else seemed smooth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great software. I have nothing but compliments when we switched. The APS staff are very good at guiding new customers through the process. The training they provide for the software are very beneficial as well and not overwhelming. We were so thankful that another HR Software provider gave us their information because we wouldn't have probably found them.

The speediness of reports, ability to create custom reports, fewer HR functions since staff can make changes on their own and all I need to do is approve the change.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"I support all the HR functions for a company of 65 employees including payroll, benefits, and HR."

What do you like best?

The entire system is one system and is easy to use with tutorials and guides. Having a system with payroll, HR, Benefits, Time and Labor, and Benefits is a great asset compared to other systems that try to band aide their systems together. APS has done a great job to incorporate the HR needs of their clients in an easy to use highly functional system.

I also really like the reporting capability. So many systems lack the ability to generate reports on information you need on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. I can easily generate a report on any data elements I need in a simple excel report. For more complicated reports APS has a great support staff that are willing and able to provide the report I need.

What do you dislike?

The HR Core system works very well and so far I have not found anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The APS Core HR Solution is an awesome system for companies needing a solution that takes care of most of your HR day to day HR needs. Their customer support is awesome. They know you by your first name when you call into your account manager and support team. I always say that all payroll systems do the same thing, process payroll and to set yourself apart you need to know what your future customers are looking for which normally is functionality, reporting, customer support, and pricing. APS hits a homerun on each of these areas. They are truly an extension of my HR department without having to hire another person. I can truly say after being in HR for 18 years this is the best HR and Payroll system I have used in my HR career.

Any company choosing APS will have a great implementation and great experience using their system.

We went from paper time cards to automated time entry which saves a tremendous amount of time and money when calculating time cards and ensuring the correct worked time is paid. The time it takes to process payroll has been reduced by hours. All the benefit information is in one system which made the ACA reporting and benefits open enrollment very easy for not only HR but also the employees. I know of clients that have saved thousands of dollars using APS Benefits Administration to process their ACA reporting.

APS adapts and prepares for the future changes in HR by building into their software the upcoming requirements which provide a great relief for HR in knowing that APS is looking out for us and keeping us compliant but also making our jobs easier through the use of technology.

APS for Core HR review by Keli G.
Keli G.

"Very powerful and simple to use."

What do you like best?

For me and my team, this product is like an Apple Product, very user friendly, very intuitive. All aspects from reporting, to on-line benefits enrollment, to the employee self-serve platform, to e-sign, and so much more; it's nothing short of fabulous. I believe so much in the product, that if I wasn't using it, I would be selling it to help more HR Professionals obtain the strategic success I have been able to accomplish because of the power of the tool. And, the pricing is very affordable.

What do you dislike?

There are times when you select a feature, such as "Change Log", and the load time is not as fast as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly feel that no one can compete with APS. Each year I look at other vendors and evaluate their product and pricing, and I've yet to find a better solution.

Participating in Wage and Benefits Surveys is a breeze. Providing analytics based on multiple layers of data is at your finger tips. Both these features help us to be strategic in our decision making.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"APS Core HR Solution is a very productive and expansive tool for HR management."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease and the friendly user interface with this software. We have been able to tailor access now to employee records to a fine point. I love being able to scan the documents in and have it available immediately to whomever it pertains to. The benefits integration is also wonderful and allows us to be ACA compliant. The reporting on the HR screen is very informative, fast hitting and useful on a daily basis. The total compensation section is also a wonderful tool for showing the employees the "actual" cost of their payroll.

What do you dislike?

A tweek we have asked for as far as being able to issue an "implementation" date has already been suggested and is to be a part of an upcoming update in benefit administration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the absolutely user friendly approach and personalization of both the company itself and the software. They are always striving to match and surpass what is currently trending and offered by all the other heavy hitters in the payroll/hr software market.

It is allowing us to monitor and to meet ACA compliance which is essential in today's market. It allows us to better utilize analysis on employee issues thru document scanning and the ability to sort, categorize and search for specific areas of concern. These issues include, attendance, performance, etc. It is useful for upcoming issues and information thru the Upcoming Dates section which allows us to track everything from birthdays to reviews, etc.

"APS Review"

What do you like best?

APS is a simple, effective, and inexpensive payoll/HR solutions package. I have used it for years now and it has become my go to software for all payroll/HR functions. Its intuitive, easy to implement and above all the customer service that you receive if you have any questions or issues is second to none. I have used other solutions in the past but their customer service leaves much to be desired. You typically get bounced around to multiple reps reading from scripts that are not US based. APS is constantly adding features and keeps up with changes in the law. i would highly recommend this software for all businesses across all industries.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing that i dislike about this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to implement, cost effective and the vendor is easy to work with

Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits Management

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"I am a new user and still learning, but it has been a fun ride."

What do you like best?

I like having all of the information in one place, that our employees have access to their information. I am still fairly new and still learning how to use most of it. Luckily they do have a good help line and are willing to walk me through things.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that reports that are needed for state/government specific information are not part of the wide array of reports they have. In order to do my reporting for the government I had to pay them to create the report I need. Majority of the reports that they have I have no need for.

Before we moved to APS we were doing everything by hand and using multiple spreadsheets. We are able to save time and money by touching most of this information once not multiple times.

APS for Core HR review by Pam S.
Pam S.

"Good program/some serious drawbacks"

What do you like best?

I like that it truly is something that could allow us to go paperless. It has all of the components we need such as training, performance review, forms, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is not enough ability to customize permissions, allowing managers access to some things they need such as disciplinary action, performance reviews, etc, while not allowing them access to things like criminal background checks, medical records, etc. More assistance with training and set up would be extremely beneficial.

The need to store paper, has really streamlined HR processes--we were able to eliminate a position by implementing this software.

APS for Core HR review by Donna C.
Donna C.

"Good and Affordable"

What do you like best?

The ease of obtaining information within the employee's file.

What do you dislike?

Some areas of the benefits section. It is not capable of computing our LTD, STD and Life plans automatically, therefore we have to manually figure and enter within the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what your specific needs are and ask questions to be sure it meets your needs.

With the APS system we are now conducting on-line health benefit enrollments.

APS for Core HR review by John B.
John B.

"FANTASTIC! We Love it. "

What do you like best?

Easy to manage, easy to use, works smoothly and doesnt hang up anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything yet. If i had to look for something ti would be the cost to integrate a time clock, but, i'm sure that has more to do witht he timeclock manufacturer, not APS

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best move you'll ever make!

Work Comp Report was a nightmare till we setup the system with custom reporting, not its a breeze what used to take hours. ICE Audits were an issue with record keeping, now with all our docs online, we have simple and instant access. Were able to easily add users with different security levels, making payroll a much simpler task i office and simple to cover for people on vacation and so on.

APS for Core HR review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Good overall experience "

What do you like best?

We needed a way to track monthly meetings for performance management and were able to do so through this system. It allowed us to keep that information connected to the employee informatoin.

What do you dislike?

While the system is adaptable to different workflows, it isn't fully flexible. There are some things that we couldn't exactly match to our process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider adding customization to the system. Allowing for custom fields and other flexible functionality for organizations to use their best practice processes within the software. There are some things that we have to sacrifice in the process to make it work. It still works well, but could be even better with those changes.

Performance management meeting requirements. Ensuring that supervisors are having monthly meetings with their teams.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Facilities Services
Administrator in Facilities Services

"Great for an HR Department of One--I have a team behind me now!"

What do you like best?

I feel that I have a whole HR team behind me! The Customer Services at APS is top notch. They are very responsive and honest. I have total trust in them.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a separate mobile app rather than just a mobile accessible site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review all of your processes prior to demos. Don't be afraid to ask questions and express your needs. APS will be honest if they can help you with your needs.

Payroll, benefits, communication, HRIS

APS for Core HR review by Erin K.
Erin K.

"Easy to understand and responsive system!"

What do you like best?

It was taking 8 to 10 hours to complete a payroll cycle with our previous provider. With APS, my locations manage their own punches, we upload it and GO! Completed payroll in less than 1 hour!

What do you dislike?

I don't always have just the report that I want and it is time consuming to build a new report.

Leads and Managers are able to manage their review processes in real time. And we have line accessibility to time cards- which is a fantastic!

APS for Core HR review by Donna D.
Donna D.

"APS Review"

What do you like best?

There is ALWAYS someone available to assist our company with ANY questions or issues we have in a timely and very professional manner.

What do you dislike?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DISLIKE !!!

........................................................................................................

Any issues that arise with the time clocks. (they are located on a dusty production floor)

Our employees get issues with their bank accounts. APS is on the spot assisting us.

Any changes within our administrative staff. APS is patient with our new learners.

The HR Benefits section is the most recent tool that has become a big part of my job. It is so helpful.

APS is always listening to our new ideas as well as looking for new ideas and improvements.

APS for Core HR review by User

"APS Core HR is the best bang for the buck!"

What do you like best?

The work flow is so much better than any other system we have used. The ability to integrate all paperwork into the system via scanner is great. No more cluttered desks!

What do you dislike?

I really wish all of the new hire information would flow through a little more seamlessly.

APS has changed the way we process HR/PR tasks tremendously. We have been able to cut down processing time and improve accuracy across the board. I would recommend this system to any HR company in need!

APS for Core HR review by Don M.
Don M.

"APS Review"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly but also meets all of our HR, payroll, and accounting needs.

What do you dislike?

Not to much to dislike. Some things need to be added by customer service.

APS helps us more accurately allocate our costs

APS for Core HR review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"I have mainly worked with the ACA Reporting and Benefits Administration tabs under the HR Solution"

What do you like best?

How this has helped in the benefits enrollment process and kept us ACA compliant. Also, the APS staff has been very helpful in assisting with this as it is a new product for us and the ACA has been constantly evolving.

What do you dislike?

It was quite a process to get every employee enrolled initially, but was very helpful after that. Also, it would be nice to add benefits that have varying rates since it can only currently work with those plans who have set rates for each plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a great product for our company and we have had great customer service.

It has helped streamline the benefits enrollment process which has matched up with our rates and deductions that we would enter separately-now those can be together.

APS for Core HR review by Jami B.
Jami B.

"Excellent service and product"

What do you like best?

Forms available, and strong search tool to find exactly what we are looking for. Additionally, email inquiries are responded to promptly and kindly.

What do you dislike?

Everything about APS is simple to manage, works perfectly and meets and exceeds all of our needs. I love this product and have not found areas to improve yet.

Termination form packet, maternity leave information and more

APS for Core HR review by Jenny V.
Jenny V.

"LOVE APS"

What do you like best?

The ease of the website, and quickness of support.

What do you dislike?

Checks have to be updated only during payroll runs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Reporting is a BREEZE!

Payroll, General Journal entries, W-2 reporting

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"HR Core"

What do you like best?

Time and Attendance is a great application and easy for multiple managers in many locations to verify records. Event Tracking is a central place for managers to record dates and events for employees in their department.

What do you dislike?

Benefits management is a practical application to organize policies. However it is difficult and time consuming to setup.

Asset management should have the capability to store saved information about particular assets and transfer them to other employees. Now you have to type in all asset info to another employee if you have to move it.

Time Keeping and Event Tracking

APS for Core HR review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Overall, pleased."

What do you like best?

The ability to capture various types of HR related data.

What do you dislike?

Since we are starting new, it would have been helpful to have some examples of how to set up the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is limited to customization and its not always a one size fits all. Certain areas such as Document management and Event Management overlap in concept but not in process, causing us to do double entry.

At this time, we have not been able to develop a system to use the solution and need to spend time to develop the process for our company.

APS for Core HR review by Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

"APS for Payroll"

What do you like best?

Very easy, user friendly and quick. Great customer service support.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Any time I have a question, I am able to resolve it quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and flexible. looking forward to implementing more functionality.

We plan to implement more functionality. At the moment, we are very light users but it has been very easy to use.

APS for Core HR review by Christine B.
Christine B.

"It was a rocky start, but APS attended to our needs and got us going so that we are running smoothly"

What do you like best?

Ease of set up and attention to detail when we had issues

What do you dislike?

The connection with the applicant tracking vendor was terrible, but APS has a new partner now. Otherwise, the need to transfer employees by terminating and rehiring.

Tracking applicants through the process and managing the employee base.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Printing
Administrator in Printing

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The system is simple to use and allows the employees to be self reliant.

What do you dislike?

I am not able to put attachments on mass emails to employees and viewing some history can be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is very user friendly for the employees so they actually use it and have become more self sufficient.

Payroll can be processed in a fraction of the time it used to take me. We were also able to eliminate paper PTO requests and can now communicate electronically with our employees.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Great customer service!"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is by far the best. We have a dedicated person who we can email or call right when we have questions or problems. We have confidence to know we can always get in touch with someone.

What do you dislike?

Time off accrual system is not great. We have issues with it showing true available balances and staff often have questions.

Mobile site has made access much easier, especially being multisite.

We will begin using APS Hire to automate our hiring process. Looking forward to this!

APS for Core HR review by MICHELLE B.
MICHELLE B.

"New to APS, It has been a great experience."

What do you like best?

I enjoy and find that all areas of the APS to be very helpful

What do you dislike?

I'm still new to using APS, the only thing I have found that I dislike is that you have go back to the employee list if you happen to go to another screen you can just go back to the employees profile you were just working on.

All employee information is at your fingers tips

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"APS has made payroll processing very easy."

What do you like best?

APS Hire has allowed us to make onboarding an electronic process, which is a time saver for an HR dept. of one. The payroll processing is very straight forward. For a small company like ours, it is a perfect fit.

What do you dislike?

The reporting requires me to manually calculate some numbers, but with the other time saving features, it's not really a problem.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Great Company, Great Service"

What do you like best?

APS really designs their product well. It is easy to use and whenever I have questions, I have a direct number to a dedicated rep who can help me through any issues.

What do you dislike?

At times, the system can be slow to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are one of the smaller companies that I looked at and I'm very glad I ended up going with them, despite their size. They provide a great product with amazing service.

They are reasonably priced and super easy to deal with.

APS for Core HR review by Donna H.
Donna H.

"Positive"

What do you like best?

pay and hr as one system'

easy to use

customer service is awesome

What do you dislike?

It is really slow sometimes or does not work at all. Both eselferve and apsonline. Employees cant access consistently.

Reports- need to have better access to the information

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it

Benefits- organization

APS for Core HR review by Chiquita B.
Chiquita B.

"APS PAYROLL ONLINE"

What do you like best?

THE WAY THE SUPPORT TEAMS DOES ANYTHING TO HELP YOU! AND THEY ARE ALL SO NICE!!

What do you dislike?

NOTHING REALLY. HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY SUPPORT TEAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH

PAYROLL TAX,

APS for Core HR review by User

"Learning Experience"

What do you like best?

APS has a bunch of options for your business. Whether it is a little or a lot, they have services for it all.

What do you dislike?

The follow up, when you need someone besides your Rep, it can take a while to reach someone and not every Rep helps like they should

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integration was hard for us

Introducing insurance benefits to our system and monitoring the eligibility period.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Connecting payroll with HR"

What do you like best?

I really like the PTO process where staff submits their PTO time before time card approval.

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to change the start date to 'force' PTO increases. I also don't like that I don't have control over the PTO accrual amounts.

The ACA reporting is major for us. Connecting the HR process with the payroll and accounting processes is a big plus.

APS for Core HR review by John A.
John A.

"Great experience with APS"

What do you like best?

Customer service. Online access. Time and attendance.

What do you dislike?

General ledger integration set-up. Inability to view payroll info before submitting (but I believe this has been fixed).

Better personnel record keeping. Online solutions for employees and HR staff. Resources for HR compliance. Time tracking.

"APS Payroll Experience"

What do you like best?

System is simple and easy to use. The features make processing payroll very smooth.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to change certain things on our own such as adding new accounts for GL purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to work with

Solving the problem of issuing payroll in a timely manner and being able to streamline the posting process for our GL department.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and how easy this product is to use!

What do you dislike?

I don't like the reporting. It's hard to create specific reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bundle the APS products. It is well worth the money!

FMLA and ACA tracking. New hire tracking.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"New way to manage"

What do you like best?

Having benefit information readily available to my staff so they can easily answer questions from the field has been a great benefit. Additionally, many of the reporting tools help my staff and I to analyze information more easily.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting features are restrictive for the way in which my organization is structured.

Benefit communication. Better communication and information for my organization.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator

"Use HR Soution for HR personnel managment and payroll assistance"

What do you like best?

Good level of customer support including ACA reporting and monitoring

What do you dislike?

could use some enhancements in eseflserve time and attendance, could use some enhancements in the training and leave of absence monitoring

most recently completion and filing of 1094 & 1095 forms for ACA reporting. APS system design was good and monitoring of employees as the become eligible is good.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Learning"

What do you like best?

My favorite part is the document management section. I'm able to send our policies, handbooks, etc out to employees for signatures and it really cuts down on paper too!

What do you dislike?

There's a learning curve but we're getting it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Document management, time tracking, reporting

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Great team to work with"

What do you like best?

We have enjoyed the Benefits Administration part of the software

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. The team has been good to work with and provided answers to all our questions.

We have been able to consolidate more of our HR into one system.

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Responsive Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Our representative is very responsive to our questions.

What do you dislike?

Uploading payroll data from our time tracking system to APS is a bit challenging

Time saving for Tax Forms at year end

APS for Core HR review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"APS payroll servies"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate between the screens, especially benefits

What do you dislike?

Seems Hard to set up company-specific reports

Easy to run 1095-C information

Learn more about APS Core HR Solution

APS Core HR Solution Videos

Learning about APS Core HR Solution?

* We monitor all APS Core HR Solution reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.