APS Payroll Solution

APS Payroll Solution

APS provides you with the tools to power through payroll, reduce costs, and simplify your workforce processes.

Work for APS Payroll Solution?

Learning about APS?

APS Payroll Solution Reviews

Ask APS a Question
Showing 215 APS reviews
APS review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"APS fits our Needs - Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

APS is a fit for our organization! The customer service is outstanding. Employees have their own portal to access information from their computer or phone. Multiple users can be working in the program at the same time. The dashboard alerts are extremely helpful. For example, I can track if employees are missing in/out punches and this can be corrected before we get to the crunch of running payroll.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations on reporting, but APS is always making updates and are interested in hearing suggestions from the client -- I anticipate this will improve with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a look! There was a learning curve for us this past year, but overall it is very user friendly and is doing the job for our organization.

For us, we transitioned payroll from our finance dept to our HR dept last year. APS was implemented as part of this change. It has proven to be so helpful with time keeping, PTO tracking, and ease of payroll transactions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about APS Payroll Solution
APS review by Tom G.
Tom G.

"APS provides a good product at a reasonable price."

What do you like best?

Has the ability to manage soup to nuts under one cloud based software. We like having both payroll and managing HR functions (performance reviews, personnel documentation, etc) all in one place.

What do you dislike?

We find glitches at times in parts of the software that really seem like they should have been caught at beta testing. Some of the are so evident it amazes us that other customers aren't pointing them out sooner than us (we have less than 40 employees)

We have been with APS for several years now and although at times have found some glitches, APS typically is fast to roll out an update to the fix. Most of the customer reps we have worked with over the years have been terrific and helpful! We were seeking a one solution product for all of our payroll and HR needs and this has suited us well.

What Payroll solution do you use?

APS review by Kelly H.
Kelly H.

"Customer Service Outstanding"

What do you like best?

What I like most about APS is the functionality of multiple pay codes with multiple pay rates and the ability to change them on the fly. With over 100 employees doing different tasks at different rates, it's not always hard coded on their employee record. I inherited this system less than a year ago and had to get up to speed very quickly to process the bi-weekly payroll. Their customer service team is truly outstanding via email or phone. They were patient with me and walked me through to meet the deadlines.

What do you dislike?

The only “con” that I’ve experienced is not having the ability to turn off deductions for a specific type of employee all at once. With seasonal employee’s benefits have different deduction dates and have to be changed one by one.

Time saver for entering payroll for multiple pay for multiple codes.

APS review by Heather F.
Heather F.

"Easy payroll solution with excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

APS is intuitive and easy to use. Although I had no payroll experience before my current job, I can easily track and run all of our payroll and tax form needs using APS. They also have a dedicated customer service rep for each client, so I know that if I ever have a question, I will get a prompt, helpful and cheerful response. They are a delight to work with.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing specific I dislike about APS.

I run twice-monthly payroll with added benefits through APS. I also appreciate that I can print our employee tax forms directly from the software. They also have the option of mailing the tax forms, but I like the ease of printing them directly. It's very easy to use.

APS review by Dane  R.
Dane R.

"Makes your HR/ PAYROLL department run smoothly."

What do you like best?

When working with APS I really enjoy the fact that it tracks time off; sick pay and vacation pay. Which helps because there are times we cant rely on our scheduling system to be accurate.

What do you dislike?

I would say I dislike how hard it is for our caregivers to log into the system. We constantly get calls on to reset the passwords due to them forgeting it. So instead of them being able to "Forgot password" they always call in.

I have realized that they arent just about the sales, they really work with you as a company and are understanding when there is issues that arise and you cant submit payroll on time. They always go above and beyond to get us paid on time.

APS review by Haley C.
Haley C.

"Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

The customer service is great! The setup was super easy and professional. We switch payroll providers because our previous service messed up our taxes and it was a nightmare to get them fixed. I'm confident that won't happen with APS because their setup was so thorough and their team responds so quickly.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little clunky and less slick than our other service. It doesn't affect the functionality. Getting employees enrolled in their portal isn't particularly easy if they don't respond to the initial enrollment email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a slick dashboard you won't love APS but if you can deal with a more clunky UI in exchange for great customer service, APS will work for you.

Payroll and employment tax services

APS review by Ryan W.
Ryan W.

"Quality Product, Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Their product is easy to use and if you do need help the have great customer service. Unlike companies that use call centers, APS has people that are there for you that you know and know how to contact them when you need them. I feel that they are part of our team because I know their name, their face, and know that they are there for me when I have a difficult problem to resolve.

What do you dislike?

It can be cumbersome to use if you use multiple workstations or devices. APS requires you to register your device and that process can be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would fully recommend APS for anyone who is with another "industry leading" company. They are offer all the services that the big boys do, but are still able to maintain great customer service and the personal touch that is lacking. It is very reassuring to know that they are just a phone call away. You know who they care, you don't get dropped in a big call center with a faceless representative, you actually have a picture of your rep and can speak to the over and over again. They get to know your company and your staff and almost become one of your employees. They are great!

Payroll processing, payroll tax processing, HR advising, hiring and on-boarding, electronic pay-stubs.

APS review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"APS meets all of our company payroll needs. Great customer service and support."

What do you like best?

I've been working with APS for almost two years and being my very first experience with a payroll software I found it very easy to learn. The way this software is built and organized makes it very easy to use it. This is particularly true when you are in need to create a report. In this case you can choose one of the several ready-to-use reports from the "Report Manager" option, or you can build your own customized report that best meets your needs. Additionally, to save time and efforts the report you created can be shared among several users in different departments.

Another thing I liked about APS is the excellent customer service I received in all of the inquires and issues I encountered during my job.

What do you dislike?

What I liked least about this software is the fact that when you enter or modify any type of information there is no "safety net", meaning the system does not ask you to confirm your changes before leaving the tab you are in. By adding this extra step you will be "forced" to double check your entries and this can be very helpful in avoiding mistakes especially on sensitive information like bank account numbers, pay rates, or addresses.

Another feature that could be implemented is to allow users to download raw data or .csv file directly from the "Analytics" tiles. Right now you can only display, look, and print the information but you cannot download the data in on Excel format. From an Human Resources standpoint it would very helpful to be able to download data such as Employee Turnover, New Hires by department, and Employee Count by month.

APS allows my company to complete payroll for our weekly and bi-weekly employees in a very efficient way.

APS review by Administrator

"Great service for our growing company!"

What do you like best?

We love the personalized customer support team. They have been with us ever since implementation and are always available to answer questions, provide troubleshooting help, or with site assistance. The site is pretty user friendly within each company and the payroll processing portion is so simple compared to some other "bigger name" providers. Its nice having the HR functions (such as an ATS and On-Boarding system) all in the same place as our payroll.

What do you dislike?

It seems like the APS Dev team is still working on improving glitches and the entire system's functionality. They are usually able to help us accommodate needs for our company, but some things to improve ease of access/functionality haven't been developed yet. The system seems to work better on certain browsers (such as Google Chrome vs Safari). Also, they are working on improving site speed and accessibility from handheld devices such as tablets. The payroll site is almost unusable from smart phones, so if you need to access information while on the road, you have to wait until you are back at a computer. Tablets also seem to have trouble within certain areas like APS Hire.

We needed a site that could accommodate for multiple entities and handle employee transfers between those entities. We also wanted to have an ATS that would feed directly into our payroll system, which APS could provide for us with APS Hire. We are also able to do Open Enrollment online this year with their eSelfServe portal and are looking forward to continued growth so that we can eventually implement carrier connections.

APS review by Kelly G.
Kelly G.

"APS has been a dream to work with! "

What do you like best?

I love the seamless transition between onboarding and payroll. It takes away the constant data entry and re-entry of employee information. Everything is extremely simple to understand and if there is ever anything I'm confused about, they have a step by step tutorial or someone on the other end of the phone line ready to explain it to me. I also love how customizable everything is. We told APS exactly what we wanted and what we needed to use the system for, and they were able to adjust their programs to fit our needs perfectly.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issues with the software so far. It has been a great transition from our previous HRIS.

We have combined multiple platforms into one by switching to APS. We used to have several programs to track new hires, payroll, time off requests, etc. With APS it is all in one.

"Constantly Improving!"

What do you like best?

APS is constantly making improvements within all areas. It's great to see the added functions and hear from our employees how easy it is to use this system. Customer service is exceptional! Our account manager responses to questions and issues very quickly and keeps you informed and updated to the status of the ticket.

What do you dislike?

Only thing lacking would be allowing the system to capture potential applicants. Would love to use this system as an all inclusive HRIS system. I think that's a future possibility which would be great! Otherwise, no other complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company to work with. Staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help out in any way they can. Constantly making improvements which makes it easy for our employees to use the site.

Payroll prior to APS was completed in-house by manual spreadsheets. There were numerous data entry errors because nothing was integrated and it was all entered by hand. This made employees have little to no faith in the payroll department. automation had to occur to gain employee trust and to provide proof of correct payment for audit reports.

APS review by User

"Current System User"

What do you like best?

I think Customer service is amazing. I like having a team to reach out to. I know that there is always someone available to answer questions and concerns. The team is very knowledgeable of the system and if they need they will research and not provide an incorrect answer. The system is pretty user friendly and pretty easy to run and create reports.

What do you dislike?

There are a few items that I have to manually calculate since APS does not have the ability to calculate it for me. Group Term Life has to be added in manually. I also have to manually track the HSA and FSA limits for those that contribute under the annual maximum. We experience issues with transferring employees between companies.

I'm not aware of any solutions APD is solving other than we are not forced to complete the full cycle payroll ourselves in house.

APS review by Linda N.
Linda N.

"Very Satisfied Customer!"

What do you like best?

The support for onboarding was excellent. They worked with me to get all of our needs met, and they continue to be problem solvers for us. Customer service is top notch! I needed a lot of hand-holding initially and they worked with me until I was comfortable and confident that we were all set to go!

What do you dislike?

Onboarding took time, and required patience, but they do the bulk of the work, and have lots of checks and balances along the way.

Freed up time for personnel that kept us from having to hire a new position.

APS review by JD G.
JD G.

"Great Payroll Solution"

What do you like best?

The best thing about APS is that I have a dedicated account rep, who's direct number I have in the event that I need ANYTHING at all, from simple questions to complex issues. Just having one point of contact makes things so easy.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that the reporting tool is a bit cumbersome, but other than that, nothing major at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd Certainly try them out. I have no regrets.

For me personally, not having to worry about filing and paying payroll taxes and wage garnishments because its done automatically, makes my life so much easier! They also make processing payroll simple so that when I go to run it, I have very few steps to complete before its done.

APS review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"Best payroll service that I have used"

What do you like best?

Excellent customer service. Seamless implementation, and overall easy to use software.

What do you dislike?

We have been able to create all reports needed, but the report builder can be a little confusing at times

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have tried 4 different products over the past 5 years. APS is BY FAR a superior payroll solution to any of the others that we have tried. This product and their support team have exceeded all expectations.

Time keeping and payroll processing are much more efficient now.

APS hire has made our hiring and onboarding process much more professional and efficient.

"Great Value!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use and the cost

What do you dislike?

I had to do a lot of the set up initally

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used small and large companies. This one will be a hands on implementation but for the cost it's worth it! The customer service is amazing! I have never dealth with such attentive people before and they make all the difference!

Having to do a lot of the background work is hard. I've worked with larger companies that did a large intake process and did all the programming in the background. I had to be hands on and set up a lot of the parameters myself. In the end, it helped with the ramp up of training. I learned the system better that's for sure!

APS review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Great software!"

What do you like best?

Entering employee info and being able to edit hassle free any info that needs to be changed. Also the accompanying Eselfserve for employees.

What do you dislike?

none. I have had no complaints about the software. The times i had trouble it was user error (myself) and the customer service helped me solve it very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this if you want to make your life easier!

Payroll and employee info being kept in one spot with easy access. And to also filter in past employee info that is still stored in the system.

APS review by Anna M.
Anna M.

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

Super easy for employees to clock in and out of. Simple and intuitive! Also very simple for admin to operate. The support team is amazing! I cant say that enough. Whether it is small problems or really complicated issues, they are also ways there to help us and answerer our questions!!

What do you dislike?

The only thing we have problems with is "the clock out" and the "log out " button when you go to clock out. Several times people hit the log-out button and it messes up there time. Other that that small detail...it works great!

Right now we are working on using missed punches to watch our overtime. APS makes it super easy to see who has missed a punch so we can get accurate time.

APS review by Prudence P.
Prudence P.

"The APS program is easy to navigate and very user friendly."

What do you like best?

There's many ways to retrieve information and build reports. There's also a multitude of reports already created for use. The self serve module is great and allows employees to access their pay stubs and W-2's without assistance. Customer service is very prompt and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some of the report building is complicated and takes trial and error to get the desired report results. It is difficult to find the correct report needed at times but saving it as a favorite make it easy to pull up next time it's needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using APS. The program is easy to learn and easy to navigate. APS provides a variety of different reports to extract data and a detailed report writing system to create your own specific report. The e-self serve system is an easy way for employees to view their pay stubs. The electronic pay stub through self serve saves a lot of time by allowing employees to access this information themselves. The employee can view past and present stubs as well as W-2's.

We use APS to generate our payroll, also for budgeting purposes. We can use the report writers to output data in a variety of reports. The Self Serve module saves time having to help employees with retrieving old pay stubs since they are able to log on and find this information themselves. APS does all of our payroll tax processing and generates W-2's at year end.

APS review by Administrator

"We have been very impressed with APS since our implementation!"

What do you like best?

APS training before we went live was so helpful. I was able to train all my employees and the 1st payroll was very smooth. The admin site is very user friendly and even when I have a question I can just click the chat now and someone is ready to assist. We also love the e-self serve because it took a manual time-off request process and made it on-line and efficient.

What do you dislike?

I'm still learning all the reporting features, but that is to be expected.

We were looking for a way to stream line a once very manual process and give our employees more ownership. Now that the time off process is done electronically, it has saved time and the approval process is much quicker.

APS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Very helpful"

What do you like best?

We have used APS for the last year. They have been very helpful, and when I call with an issue, I can get it resolved very quickly. Most times, if I call, the issue is resolved immediately. If it cannot be done while I am on the phone, I get an answer before the end of the day.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a chat link so that if it was a minor question, I could chat with a tech support person instead of calling.

It has help our company tremendously. There are only 2 of us in the Business Office, and I do the majority of the paperwork. Before switching to APS, I would have to collect timesheets, follow up with substitutes who had worked for absent teachers, follow up with absent teachers to make sure they completed the proper paperwork for the time off, etc. It was a huge hassle. Using APS allows me to check the hours, timesheets, etc. throughout the pay period so that I can make sure everything is completed in a timely manner.

APS review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Bumpy at start, but getting better."

What do you like best?

Everything is in once place. Payroll, reviews, goals, employee events, employee documentation. It's all in one place and available for the employee, manager, and HR to review when needed.

What do you dislike?

Auditing vacation or personal time is not easy. The audit requires multiple reports and those reports do not download using same format for easy combining of info. For instance, one report may show employee name as Doe, Jane (####). The next report may show the employee name as Doe Jane. When using formulas in Excel, your common denominator is your name. But if the name does not report in the same format on both reports, you cannot combine. The reports I am speaking of are already setup reports. I did also setup my own reports, but they reported the same way. This is one example of several that the formatting doesn't report the same.

I don't have any current open problems.

APS review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"Very user-friendly time clock system"

What do you like best?

I like that there are clearly marked buttons for clocking in and out, and how easy it is to keep up with your time. I also like how conveniently things are stored together underneath the docs section.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is my own error - when I go to clock in, sometimes I forget to hit the clock and just log into the dashboard instead.

Employees can easily keep up with their time and request time off. It's a very streamlined process.

APS review by Lisa B.
Lisa B.

"Excellent Partner for Payroll Processsing"

What do you like best?

I have worked with APS for payroll processing for over 5 years. I have worked with multiple payroll providers over the years, but I have found the cost and service found with APS is far greater than the rest. I have formed a great partnership with APS Solutions, and they have become my go-to provider for all my clients' payroll needs. Their customer support team is always responsive, and I can have the confidence of knowing they have multiple go-to people depending on my specific needs. Their platform is easily navigable, and I find it to be the easiest to use. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with this service.

What do you dislike?

I liked the small business package they used to offer, which no longer is available. It worked really well for my start-up clients. However, I find the current pricing package is still reasonably priced. (Truth be told, it's better for my clients to use APS for payroll than to have me process it regardless of the change in pricing structure.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best payroll provider I've used, so I wouldn't consider switching. I haven't encountered any of the normal pain points.

With the constantly changing tax requirements, I prefer to partner with experts in the field to ensure complete compliance with all filing requirements. It is important for me to have a go-to provider to handle my client's payroll, where I have complete confidence and trust. Working with APS allows me to focus my time where it will benefit the client best, while giving them a solution that will serve their needs cost effectively and securely. APS is a great partner for these needs.

APS review by Maggie B.
Maggie B.

"Could be better, but overall good!"

What do you like best?

I like that APS and eselfserve are both simple and easy to navigate. I think that's important with an automatic system, especially when a customer is switching from a manual process. I think my favorite feature would be the option to pull reports through eselfserve. It's great that we can have all our supervisors using the reporting feature.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting in APSonline ends up not being accurate. This is frustrating when you are processing payroll for 550+ students and then 50+ faculty/staff. We switched to APS in hopes that payroll and time and attendance would be a lot more efficient and easier, but so far it hasn't been that way. We did complicate things due to our Tuition Credit situation with our Work Program, but this was made aware way before we even decided to officially go with APS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you think of all the tiny details before the implementation process begins! It's easier to make changes before, than during the implementation process.

We switched from paper time cards (out of date, I know!) to this new electronic automatic system. We've been solving a lot of problems we used to have with late or lost time cards. It's pushed our students to be more proactive with their time keeping and that's great. Just a few of the benefits include all employees having access to their own hours and pay stubs, easy time approval, and access to see who is working currently. APS has better helped us give the responsibility to the correct people instead of having one office in charge of everything.

APS review by Rahul  P.
Rahul P.

"Great Platform for Small Business Owners"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use and has a nice interface, without the high cost of some other platforms.

What do you dislike?

The applicant tracking system needs a major overhaul.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend the ATS, but the other solutions such as Scheduling and Time and Attendance work well.

From doing payroll in-house for over 120 employees, this platform has simplified our process immensely. The amount of time we are saving each week is valuable and helping us focus on the bigger picture.

APS review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"APS Payroll Solution "

What do you like best?

APS offers a set up in processing payroll compared to other payroll solutions I've used before, such as Paychex. One feature we utilize every payroll is the easy upload of files into payroll. APS offers the ability to upload multiple files without over-riding data already entered. This has been extremely helpful for us due to half our employees using a separate time tracking system. We also upload additional files for commission and expense reimbursements. Overall, things run pretty smooth.

What do you dislike?

APS isn't very moldable to our needs, and we find ourselves trying to change the way to do things to fit them. I feel this should be the other way around. We've encountered many payroll specific struggles that seem to be pretty basic things. One frustration we often have is not being able to view a gross to net check for an employee on the spot. We have to pre-submit the payroll batch and then view it as a whole to get that view. This takes up a lot of time and doesn't help with our payroll efficiency. Another area that has caused a big headache is that the time and attendance module. This module doesn't currently offer an auto clock-out feature. If an employee forgets to clock out the "flag" is only visible until the employee clocks back in for their next shift leaving a short window for the manager to catch it. Our payroll specialist has been forced to run an hours exception report to look for single shifts in excess of 12 hours before processing payroll to verify managers caught and corrected these mistakes. Having an auto clock-out feature seems like a pretty basic thing.

We have grown significantly in the past year and are realizing our needs are no longer being met by using APS. Before our growth, APS offered a pretty good tool for payroll processing and maintaining basic employee information. For a small company APS could be a cost effective solution. I wouldn't suggest them for a company larger than 300 people or for those that have complicated payroll needs. APS, as its name illustrates, is an automated payroll system. It isn't a robust HR solution.

APS review by Julie S.
Julie S.

"Goodbye Sage Payroll, HELLO APS"

What do you like best?

implementation was simple, easy & done within the set time frame; platform is very user friendly & laid out well; training was not overly lengthy yet informative & east to understand; team is very responsive; so far anything we've needed that didn't come "in the box" has been created for us; captured full historical payroll data from previous platform

What do you dislike?

Inability to directly integrate historical data. But that's a one-time situation.

We were previously using Sage Payroll, a business nightmare. Switching to APS was one of the best business decisions we've made. Having all of our HR needs in one platform has simplified our systems tremendously.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

The integration of so many different functionalities is wonderful. Prior to APS my company had 3 different systems and APS has been able to reduce that down to one system.

What do you dislike?

There are not very many things that I dislike about APS. One thing that could be improved is the communication between companies. Currently custom reports are not able to be saved across companies. Also when employees are transferred from one company to another all the info does not pull over.

We have been able to improve our processes and increase efficiency. The ability to decrease down to one system for payroll, HR needs, time keeping, and benefits administration has been. This has also brought simplicity for the employees as they are able to log in to one system and see all information as well as edit things such as personal information, tax exemptions, and much more.

APS review by Barbara D.
Barbara D.

"Great choice for Payroll Processing"

What do you like best?

I love the customer service team. They are friendly and knowledgeable. The system is also user friendly and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The report builder is not as easy to navigate as I would like. Sometimes it's hard to find what I need but I haven't found any major problems with this system.

With APS Payroll we have reduced the amount of errors in payroll data entry which reduces cost and stress.

APS review by Administrator in Textiles
Administrator in Textiles

"Highly recommend APS!"

What do you like best?

We appreciate the personal care that APS gives us as a customer. They are great about sending us reminders which is helpful because we get busy at times. Any time we have an issue they take care of completely which allows me to spend my time dealing with other matters.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to complain about. Over the years we have had other payroll companies contact us for business but we have not seen the need to make the switch. My only suggestion for improvement would be to create a mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it!

APS cuts back on our time spent for payroll processing and record keeping. Any kind of amendments or requests we have they take on and take care of completely for us.

APS review by Elizabeth N.
Elizabeth N.

"APS is the BEST!"

What do you like best?

It is user-friendly. It is easy to manage. It has a lot of features and they are continually updating and providing additional features. It is customizable.

What do you dislike?

The implementation time does take some time but that is what you get with all software changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best software that I have utilized in my HR and Payroll positions.

We utilize the payroll and timekeeping feature. It is very beneficial for the staff to also get everything under one portal instead of two like our previous software.

APS review by Deborah R.
Deborah R.

"We have had a great experience"

What do you like best?

The people in customer service will help with anything and have a fast response time. In 18 months we have never had a payroll error and only one reporting error that was quickly rectified.

What do you dislike?

I really like them a lot. If I had to pick something there is a bit of a learning curve in the setup, but APS will help you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider them when you are shopping systems. They are big enough to get the job done but small enough to care about each customer.

For a very reasonable price I don't have to deal with EFT Transfers or tax reporting at all.

APS review by Karen  W.
Karen W.

"Great Payroll Company"

What do you like best?

I like how APS is so simple to use and creates time savings for every user.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reports. There are rounding issues within the reports, and I would like more options in the custom report builder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bundle the payroll with time and attendance and the HR modules. They are great products!!

Time savings for payroll preparers, ease in tracking expense reimbursements and mileage.

"APS Review "

What do you like best?

This application has been very helpful, and concise at processing payroll.

What do you dislike?

There are some small features available with other payroll solutions, that missing in APS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would ask aps to strongly consider implementing a gross check calculator. This is the only function I miss on a regular basis.

APS has helped us streamline our payroll function immensely. The benefits we have realized are quicker, and more accurate payroll function, a more methodical and organized process of post payroll reporting/accounting, and a very responsive and helpful support team for the seldom times we do encounter a problem.

"APS Payroll"

What do you like best?

I love APS. The system is very simple to use. Im able to create payrolls each time with ease. I like having everything, from the timecards, to benefits, to employee matching, all in one place.

What do you dislike?

I believe the platform may be a little older, but for me, it is the best thing ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend APS as your payroll system

I take care of most things HR using APS. I use APS for everything payroll, and I like that I dont have to manually figure out anything. Scheduled and unscheduled pay, all a breeze

APS review by Angela K.
Angela K.

"I LOVE APS!"

What do you like best?

I love the level of customer service I receive. There have been several instances where I've almost missed submitting my payroll on time and my APS rep has called to make sure I get it in on time and has helped me even submit it remotely. The one on one care you get cannot compare at the bigger payroll companies

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about APS

Recommendations to others considering the product

You just can't beat the level of customer service and care you receive. And the system is very user friendly!

One of the reasons we chose APS was for their ability to pay employees who are out of the country. You'd be surprised at how many issues we had with larger companies not being able to offer what should be a simple service.

APS review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"APS fits Our Needs"

What do you like best?

APS is user friendly and allows me to help move my company from paper to electronic documentation. Thanks to the great training for APS staff I have a better understanding of what I need to do to train my managers and staff. I like the Dashboard that has everything I need to do so I stay on task.

What do you dislike?

At this time I haven't found anything I don't like about the product.

No business problems at this time. Just having an electronic process that makes it easier to handle my daily tasks is important.

APS review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Great Product, relieves pressures of Payroll"

What do you like best?

Great overall product. Ive been very pleased with the support I receive. We have a great support team who is quick to respond and act quickly. We are a multi-state company, and they relieve a lot of the pressures and headaches that come with managing people.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a customizable employee info screen, that I could put all of the info that Im always quickly accessing on one tab of the employee record, instead of having to jump around.

I would also like to see an easier paycheck calculator to help my employees when they are trying to make decisions.

We were able to consolidate our Payroll Operations easily and efficiently.

APS review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"A Year in Review"

What do you like best?

Implementation was relatively easy. Friendly staff, Excellent Salesman, Scott to our Project Manager, Deanna.

User friendly, robust system with continued growth potential for more. Great customer service. Easy How To guides for all aspects of the system.

What do you dislike?

Benefits Administration - Open Enrollment doesn't allow us to only show the benefits the team member is eligible for but all plans available. We have union and non-union and do not want different plans showing to groups that are not eligible for those plans.

Great reporting but can't move around the columns prior to running report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was able to speak with existing customers of APS and this really help to solidify our decision to partner with them. I suggest doing the same and you will get all the good and bad but more than likely still move forward with APS.

Allows for real time data, partial HRIS capabilities. Gives access to employee to view their time cards and paystubs and submit time off requests. .

APS review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Accurate, Convenient and Efficient Payroll Processing"

What do you like best?

I love having my payroll system available to me anywhere I have access to the internet. It is great to be able to process payroll easily if have to be away from the office. The support staff is always helpful and quick to respond whenever we need assistance. The platform itself is very user friendly and so is easy to use and easy to train new users when necessary. Regularly scheduled payroll batches are quick and easy to process. In the rare cases where we need to issue a payroll check immediately, it is easy to do with the manual prepay function. Year end tax reporting is quick and painless.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to find something to dislike about the APS payroll system. They actually recently made a change that fixed what I would consider my biggest complaint. Previously, you could not review net check amounts and specific deductions before releasing a payroll batch for processing. Now you do have the option for one final review where you can drill down on each check, if you like, to see the net amount and all the deductions being taken. So right now, I really don't have a specific item that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i'd say give them a try, you won't regret it. It is a great solution for our firm of about 50 employees.

The benefits we have realized include the flexibility to process payroll from anywhere I have an internet connection, saving time by having all tax payments and reports handled through APS and saving resources by moving to an essentially paperless pay system.

APS review by Dawn S.
Dawn S.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

It's improved our ability to request, track and use paid time off and record the liabilities associated with paid time off.

What do you dislike?

As an administrator, I'd prefer to have one site to access rather than two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend APS. They've gone above and beyond to help us build a system that works for us. Their product has made a vast improvement in what we do, how we do it and how we record it.

We're electronically tracking time for hundreds of student workers rather than relying on paper time sheets. Accuracy and efficiency have been improved. Real time reporting allows for more oversight, which leads to more strategic decisions.

APS review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"APS Payroll Solutions Will Save You Time and Money"

What do you like best?

The software is very user-friendly and help is literally at your fingertips with an on screen link to the help center or your payroll team.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing not to like about this software package!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask, ask, ask. Even if you think the software can't do something you need it to do, go ahead and ask for it. You're likely to find that it actually CAN do what you need or can be easily programmed to fit your needs.

We are saving both time and money with this package.

APS review by Ashley B.
Ashley B.

"Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I love that I can email or call anytime and be helped with my problem even when it's a tiny issue.

What do you dislike?

I don't like some of the exported reports, but I can customize a report to what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer Service makes a huge difference. Always pick someone who is willing to help at all times.

APS Payroll Solutions is solving my problem of each of our locations having to do their own payroll. With this system I can upload directly from the POS system and review everything.

APS review by Don M.
Don M.

"APS Payroll Solution Review"

What do you like best?

I started to say I like their customer support best but decided that it is the ease of use that I most appreciate. Most of my professional career I have been involved with payroll software and I am impressed with APS. But the ease that I have taught someone in my company with zero experience how to access and review data has been very much appreciated.

What do you dislike?

I have found one data field (Base Location) that I can not add new locations myself. Instead I have to contact customer support. Although they are prompt adding this, I would prefer to be able to do so myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product and good customer service.

As a non-profit company that services disaster recovery areas, we are in seven states as of now. Being able to accurately track all of these locations and allocate properly is very necessary and apprecaited.

APS review by Debbie R.
Debbie R.

"APS Review"

What do you like best?

APS allows employees to enter their time, mileage and expenses, supervisors to approve based on schedules or preset requirements, and minimizes the workload for the payroll administrator.

What do you dislike?

Any "back end" adjustments can skew our reporting. We tend to look for alternative ways to make adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

APS has more to offer than the "Big Guys" at a much better price. If you are searching be sure to compare apples to apples in product, quality and service. APS definitely excels as a payroll provider. And I would love to praise our implementation team led by Aaron Johnson. He was amazing. And our salesman, Scott Lasseigne. No pressure--he just let the product sell itself. Thank you APS.

As the payroll administrator, APS has cut my time for processing payroll from 2 days to 2 hours. Reports are available within minutes of submitting the payroll batch. APS has been a great timesaver for our company.

APS review by Michele K.
Michele K.

"APS Payroll System is a winner"

What do you like best?

First, and foremost, i changed payroll services due to the absolute inconvenience associated with Customer Service.

APS has this well in hand, assigning a particular individual to our company. Bekah knows me, the company, and our issues. When i call with a problem it is generally handled within an hour or two!! I used to sit on hold for that long with the old service.

The ease of completing a payroll run is fantastic! I am done in less time than I used to need just running reports. Hallelujia!

Also, this is costing approximately 30% (!!!) of previous fees associated with payroll.

What do you dislike?

Occasional issues with our timekeeping, both digital hand clocks and PC based log-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a company our size (approx 40 employees) it was absolutely the best choice! The employees like having their personal portals to deal with changing addresses, deductions, requesting time off, etc. Rather than having to see me to complete things, they are treated as adults. The information they have enables them to be able to plan a vacation well in advance, as well as scheduling last minute appointments outside of the work environment with access 24/7 from any PC.

Their customer service is top notch, and if it's a technical problem i am given immediate consideration in getting everything to run right again.

Substantial cost savings. Less frustration.

APS review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"A Review of APS"

What do you like best?

The Convenience and Intuitive nature of the APS payroll system is such a welcome change from the payroll service we were using whose name also started with an "A"! We have been very pleased with the transition which has been seamless. The reporting feature has saved us time and our employees are loving the time off request feature and vacation time reflected on site.

In a nutshell - the switch to APS has been one of the best moves we have made budget and time saving wise.

What do you dislike?

At this time we have not found anything that we do not like. It is such a vast improvement over what we have been using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to review the APS video, talk to an APS representative and ask them to meet or beat your current level of payroll service and price point.

Saves time and money. We are spending much less time inputting payroll each week and compiling reports we need. We have saved approximately 50% over what we were spending prior to the switch on a payroll service.

APS review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"APS Payroll Solution is the real deal!"

What do you like best?

The reporting aspect of the software is very nice. Lots of canned reports to choose from and easy set up to create new custom reports.

What do you dislike?

The screen resolution on your computer has to be set at a specific (small) font to view all of the screens correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We reviewed and compared several payroll solutions, but found that APS was the most comprehensive solution and had a lower price point than most. Plus, their track record for tax remittance and accuracy was impressive.

APS has enhanced our worker's comp tracking, garnishment reconciliation and employee benefit tracking. These are things we did not have with our prior payroll service.

APS review by Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.

"I have had excellent experience with APS"

What do you like best?

User friendly and excellent customer support

What do you dislike?

when creating reports, unable to chose the layout of the report - such as the order in which may want the columns to print

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a great program and user friendly.

At this, no problems. In past have had changes made to current reporting after an upgrade. APS was very helpful in assisting to make we had necessary reports needed

Learn more about APS Payroll Solution

APS Payroll Solution Videos

Learning about APS Payroll Solution?

* We monitor all APS Payroll Solution reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.