APS Payroll Solution

APS Payroll Solution

APS provides you with the tools to power through payroll, reduce costs, and simplify your workforce processes.

Work for APS Payroll Solution?

Learning about APS?

APS Payroll Solution Reviews

Ask APS a Question
Showing 175 APS reviews
APS review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"APS fits our Needs - Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

APS is a fit for our organization! The customer service is outstanding. Employees have their own portal to access information from their computer or phone. Multiple users can be working in the program at the same time. The dashboard alerts are extremely helpful. For example, I can track if employees are missing in/out punches and this can be corrected before we get to the crunch of running payroll.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations on reporting, but APS is always making updates and are interested in hearing suggestions from the client -- I anticipate this will improve with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a look! There was a learning curve for us this past year, but overall it is very user friendly and is doing the job for our organization.

For us, we transitioned payroll from our finance dept to our HR dept last year. APS was implemented as part of this change. It has proven to be so helpful with time keeping, PTO tracking, and ease of payroll transactions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about APS Payroll Solution
APS review by Tom G.
Tom G.

"APS provides a good product at a reasonable price."

What do you like best?

Has the ability to manage soup to nuts under one cloud based software. We like having both payroll and managing HR functions (performance reviews, personnel documentation, etc) all in one place.

What do you dislike?

We find glitches at times in parts of the software that really seem like they should have been caught at beta testing. Some of the are so evident it amazes us that other customers aren't pointing them out sooner than us (we have less than 40 employees)

We have been with APS for several years now and although at times have found some glitches, APS typically is fast to roll out an update to the fix. Most of the customer reps we have worked with over the years have been terrific and helpful! We were seeking a one solution product for all of our payroll and HR needs and this has suited us well.

What Payroll solution do you use?

APS review by Kelly H.
Kelly H.

"Customer Service Outstanding"

What do you like best?

What I like most about APS is the functionality of multiple pay codes with multiple pay rates and the ability to change them on the fly. With over 100 employees doing different tasks at different rates, it's not always hard coded on their employee record. I inherited this system less than a year ago and had to get up to speed very quickly to process the bi-weekly payroll. Their customer service team is truly outstanding via email or phone. They were patient with me and walked me through to meet the deadlines.

What do you dislike?

The only “con” that I’ve experienced is not having the ability to turn off deductions for a specific type of employee all at once. With seasonal employee’s benefits have different deduction dates and have to be changed one by one.

Time saver for entering payroll for multiple pay for multiple codes.

APS review by Ryan W.
Ryan W.

"Quality Product, Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Their product is easy to use and if you do need help the have great customer service. Unlike companies that use call centers, APS has people that are there for you that you know and know how to contact them when you need them. I feel that they are part of our team because I know their name, their face, and know that they are there for me when I have a difficult problem to resolve.

What do you dislike?

It can be cumbersome to use if you use multiple workstations or devices. APS requires you to register your device and that process can be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would fully recommend APS for anyone who is with another "industry leading" company. They are offer all the services that the big boys do, but are still able to maintain great customer service and the personal touch that is lacking. It is very reassuring to know that they are just a phone call away. You know who they care, you don't get dropped in a big call center with a faceless representative, you actually have a picture of your rep and can speak to the over and over again. They get to know your company and your staff and almost become one of your employees. They are great!

Payroll processing, payroll tax processing, HR advising, hiring and on-boarding, electronic pay-stubs.

"Constantly Improving!"

What do you like best?

APS is constantly making improvements within all areas. It's great to see the added functions and hear from our employees how easy it is to use this system. Customer service is exceptional! Our account manager responses to questions and issues very quickly and keeps you informed and updated to the status of the ticket.

What do you dislike?

Only thing lacking would be allowing the system to capture potential applicants. Would love to use this system as an all inclusive HRIS system. I think that's a future possibility which would be great! Otherwise, no other complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company to work with. Staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help out in any way they can. Constantly making improvements which makes it easy for our employees to use the site.

Payroll prior to APS was completed in-house by manual spreadsheets. There were numerous data entry errors because nothing was integrated and it was all entered by hand. This made employees have little to no faith in the payroll department. automation had to occur to gain employee trust and to provide proof of correct payment for audit reports.

APS review by User

"Current System User"

What do you like best?

I think Customer service is amazing. I like having a team to reach out to. I know that there is always someone available to answer questions and concerns. The team is very knowledgeable of the system and if they need they will research and not provide an incorrect answer. The system is pretty user friendly and pretty easy to run and create reports.

What do you dislike?

There are a few items that I have to manually calculate since APS does not have the ability to calculate it for me. Group Term Life has to be added in manually. I also have to manually track the HSA and FSA limits for those that contribute under the annual maximum. We experience issues with transferring employees between companies.

I'm not aware of any solutions APD is solving other than we are not forced to complete the full cycle payroll ourselves in house.

APS review by JD G.
JD G.

"Great Payroll Solution"

What do you like best?

The best thing about APS is that I have a dedicated account rep, who's direct number I have in the event that I need ANYTHING at all, from simple questions to complex issues. Just having one point of contact makes things so easy.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that the reporting tool is a bit cumbersome, but other than that, nothing major at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd Certainly try them out. I have no regrets.

For me personally, not having to worry about filing and paying payroll taxes and wage garnishments because its done automatically, makes my life so much easier! They also make processing payroll simple so that when I go to run it, I have very few steps to complete before its done.

APS review by Prudence P.
Prudence P.

"The APS program is easy to navigate and very user friendly."

What do you like best?

There's many ways to retrieve information and build reports. There's also a multitude of reports already created for use. The self serve module is great and allows employees to access their pay stubs and W-2's without assistance. Customer service is very prompt and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some of the report building is complicated and takes trial and error to get the desired report results. It is difficult to find the correct report needed at times but saving it as a favorite make it easy to pull up next time it's needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using APS. The program is easy to learn and easy to navigate. APS provides a variety of different reports to extract data and a detailed report writing system to create your own specific report. The e-self serve system is an easy way for employees to view their pay stubs. The electronic pay stub through self serve saves a lot of time by allowing employees to access this information themselves. The employee can view past and present stubs as well as W-2's.

We use APS to generate our payroll, also for budgeting purposes. We can use the report writers to output data in a variety of reports. The Self Serve module saves time having to help employees with retrieving old pay stubs since they are able to log on and find this information themselves. APS does all of our payroll tax processing and generates W-2's at year end.

APS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Very helpful"

What do you like best?

We have used APS for the last year. They have been very helpful, and when I call with an issue, I can get it resolved very quickly. Most times, if I call, the issue is resolved immediately. If it cannot be done while I am on the phone, I get an answer before the end of the day.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a chat link so that if it was a minor question, I could chat with a tech support person instead of calling.

It has help our company tremendously. There are only 2 of us in the Business Office, and I do the majority of the paperwork. Before switching to APS, I would have to collect timesheets, follow up with substitutes who had worked for absent teachers, follow up with absent teachers to make sure they completed the proper paperwork for the time off, etc. It was a huge hassle. Using APS allows me to check the hours, timesheets, etc. throughout the pay period so that I can make sure everything is completed in a timely manner.

APS review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Bumpy at start, but getting better."

What do you like best?

Everything is in once place. Payroll, reviews, goals, employee events, employee documentation. It's all in one place and available for the employee, manager, and HR to review when needed.

What do you dislike?

Auditing vacation or personal time is not easy. The audit requires multiple reports and those reports do not download using same format for easy combining of info. For instance, one report may show employee name as Doe, Jane (####). The next report may show the employee name as Doe Jane. When using formulas in Excel, your common denominator is your name. But if the name does not report in the same format on both reports, you cannot combine. The reports I am speaking of are already setup reports. I did also setup my own reports, but they reported the same way. This is one example of several that the formatting doesn't report the same.

I don't have any current open problems.

APS review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"Very user-friendly time clock system"

What do you like best?

I like that there are clearly marked buttons for clocking in and out, and how easy it is to keep up with your time. I also like how conveniently things are stored together underneath the docs section.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is my own error - when I go to clock in, sometimes I forget to hit the clock and just log into the dashboard instead.

Employees can easily keep up with their time and request time off. It's a very streamlined process.

APS review by Lisa B.
Lisa B.

"Excellent Partner for Payroll Processsing"

What do you like best?

I have worked with APS for payroll processing for over 5 years. I have worked with multiple payroll providers over the years, but I have found the cost and service found with APS is far greater than the rest. I have formed a great partnership with APS Solutions, and they have become my go-to provider for all my clients' payroll needs. Their customer support team is always responsive, and I can have the confidence of knowing they have multiple go-to people depending on my specific needs. Their platform is easily navigable, and I find it to be the easiest to use. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with this service.

What do you dislike?

I liked the small business package they used to offer, which no longer is available. It worked really well for my start-up clients. However, I find the current pricing package is still reasonably priced. (Truth be told, it's better for my clients to use APS for payroll than to have me process it regardless of the change in pricing structure.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best payroll provider I've used, so I wouldn't consider switching. I haven't encountered any of the normal pain points.

With the constantly changing tax requirements, I prefer to partner with experts in the field to ensure complete compliance with all filing requirements. It is important for me to have a go-to provider to handle my client's payroll, where I have complete confidence and trust. Working with APS allows me to focus my time where it will benefit the client best, while giving them a solution that will serve their needs cost effectively and securely. APS is a great partner for these needs.

APS review by Maggie B.
Maggie B.

"Could be better, but overall good!"

What do you like best?

I like that APS and eselfserve are both simple and easy to navigate. I think that's important with an automatic system, especially when a customer is switching from a manual process. I think my favorite feature would be the option to pull reports through eselfserve. It's great that we can have all our supervisors using the reporting feature.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting in APSonline ends up not being accurate. This is frustrating when you are processing payroll for 550+ students and then 50+ faculty/staff. We switched to APS in hopes that payroll and time and attendance would be a lot more efficient and easier, but so far it hasn't been that way. We did complicate things due to our Tuition Credit situation with our Work Program, but this was made aware way before we even decided to officially go with APS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you think of all the tiny details before the implementation process begins! It's easier to make changes before, than during the implementation process.

We switched from paper time cards (out of date, I know!) to this new electronic automatic system. We've been solving a lot of problems we used to have with late or lost time cards. It's pushed our students to be more proactive with their time keeping and that's great. Just a few of the benefits include all employees having access to their own hours and pay stubs, easy time approval, and access to see who is working currently. APS has better helped us give the responsibility to the correct people instead of having one office in charge of everything.

APS review by Rahul  P.
Rahul P.

"Great Platform for Small Business Owners"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use and has a nice interface, without the high cost of some other platforms.

What do you dislike?

The applicant tracking system needs a major overhaul.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend the ATS, but the other solutions such as Scheduling and Time and Attendance work well.

From doing payroll in-house for over 120 employees, this platform has simplified our process immensely. The amount of time we are saving each week is valuable and helping us focus on the bigger picture.

APS review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"APS Payroll Solution "

What do you like best?

APS offers a set up in processing payroll compared to other payroll solutions I've used before, such as Paychex. One feature we utilize every payroll is the easy upload of files into payroll. APS offers the ability to upload multiple files without over-riding data already entered. This has been extremely helpful for us due to half our employees using a separate time tracking system. We also upload additional files for commission and expense reimbursements. Overall, things run pretty smooth.

What do you dislike?

APS isn't very moldable to our needs, and we find ourselves trying to change the way to do things to fit them. I feel this should be the other way around. We've encountered many payroll specific struggles that seem to be pretty basic things. One frustration we often have is not being able to view a gross to net check for an employee on the spot. We have to pre-submit the payroll batch and then view it as a whole to get that view. This takes up a lot of time and doesn't help with our payroll efficiency. Another area that has caused a big headache is that the time and attendance module. This module doesn't currently offer an auto clock-out feature. If an employee forgets to clock out the "flag" is only visible until the employee clocks back in for their next shift leaving a short window for the manager to catch it. Our payroll specialist has been forced to run an hours exception report to look for single shifts in excess of 12 hours before processing payroll to verify managers caught and corrected these mistakes. Having an auto clock-out feature seems like a pretty basic thing.

We have grown significantly in the past year and are realizing our needs are no longer being met by using APS. Before our growth, APS offered a pretty good tool for payroll processing and maintaining basic employee information. For a small company APS could be a cost effective solution. I wouldn't suggest them for a company larger than 300 people or for those that have complicated payroll needs. APS, as its name illustrates, is an automated payroll system. It isn't a robust HR solution.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

The integration of so many different functionalities is wonderful. Prior to APS my company had 3 different systems and APS has been able to reduce that down to one system.

What do you dislike?

There are not very many things that I dislike about APS. One thing that could be improved is the communication between companies. Currently custom reports are not able to be saved across companies. Also when employees are transferred from one company to another all the info does not pull over.

We have been able to improve our processes and increase efficiency. The ability to decrease down to one system for payroll, HR needs, time keeping, and benefits administration has been. This has also brought simplicity for the employees as they are able to log in to one system and see all information as well as edit things such as personal information, tax exemptions, and much more.

APS review by Barbara D.
Barbara D.

"Great choice for Payroll Processing"

What do you like best?

I love the customer service team. They are friendly and knowledgeable. The system is also user friendly and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The report builder is not as easy to navigate as I would like. Sometimes it's hard to find what I need but I haven't found any major problems with this system.

With APS Payroll we have reduced the amount of errors in payroll data entry which reduces cost and stress.

APS review by Administrator in Textiles
Administrator in Textiles

"Highly recommend APS!"

What do you like best?

We appreciate the personal care that APS gives us as a customer. They are great about sending us reminders which is helpful because we get busy at times. Any time we have an issue they take care of completely which allows me to spend my time dealing with other matters.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to complain about. Over the years we have had other payroll companies contact us for business but we have not seen the need to make the switch. My only suggestion for improvement would be to create a mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it!

APS cuts back on our time spent for payroll processing and record keeping. Any kind of amendments or requests we have they take on and take care of completely for us.

APS review by Elizabeth N.
Elizabeth N.

"APS is the BEST!"

What do you like best?

It is user-friendly. It is easy to manage. It has a lot of features and they are continually updating and providing additional features. It is customizable.

What do you dislike?

The implementation time does take some time but that is what you get with all software changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best software that I have utilized in my HR and Payroll positions.

We utilize the payroll and timekeeping feature. It is very beneficial for the staff to also get everything under one portal instead of two like our previous software.

APS review by Deborah R.
Deborah R.

"We have had a great experience"

What do you like best?

The people in customer service will help with anything and have a fast response time. In 18 months we have never had a payroll error and only one reporting error that was quickly rectified.

What do you dislike?

I really like them a lot. If I had to pick something there is a bit of a learning curve in the setup, but APS will help you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider them when you are shopping systems. They are big enough to get the job done but small enough to care about each customer.

For a very reasonable price I don't have to deal with EFT Transfers or tax reporting at all.

APS review by Karen  W.
Karen W.

"Great Payroll Company"

What do you like best?

I like how APS is so simple to use and creates time savings for every user.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reports. There are rounding issues within the reports, and I would like more options in the custom report builder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bundle the payroll with time and attendance and the HR modules. They are great products!!

Time savings for payroll preparers, ease in tracking expense reimbursements and mileage.

APS review by Angela K.
Angela K.

"I LOVE APS!"

What do you like best?

I love the level of customer service I receive. There have been several instances where I've almost missed submitting my payroll on time and my APS rep has called to make sure I get it in on time and has helped me even submit it remotely. The one on one care you get cannot compare at the bigger payroll companies

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about APS

Recommendations to others considering the product

You just can't beat the level of customer service and care you receive. And the system is very user friendly!

One of the reasons we chose APS was for their ability to pay employees who are out of the country. You'd be surprised at how many issues we had with larger companies not being able to offer what should be a simple service.

APS review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Great Product, relieves pressures of Payroll"

What do you like best?

Great overall product. Ive been very pleased with the support I receive. We have a great support team who is quick to respond and act quickly. We are a multi-state company, and they relieve a lot of the pressures and headaches that come with managing people.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a customizable employee info screen, that I could put all of the info that Im always quickly accessing on one tab of the employee record, instead of having to jump around.

I would also like to see an easier paycheck calculator to help my employees when they are trying to make decisions.

We were able to consolidate our Payroll Operations easily and efficiently.

APS review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"A Year in Review"

What do you like best?

Implementation was relatively easy. Friendly staff, Excellent Salesman, Scott to our Project Manager, Deanna.

User friendly, robust system with continued growth potential for more. Great customer service. Easy How To guides for all aspects of the system.

What do you dislike?

Benefits Administration - Open Enrollment doesn't allow us to only show the benefits the team member is eligible for but all plans available. We have union and non-union and do not want different plans showing to groups that are not eligible for those plans.

Great reporting but can't move around the columns prior to running report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was able to speak with existing customers of APS and this really help to solidify our decision to partner with them. I suggest doing the same and you will get all the good and bad but more than likely still move forward with APS.

Allows for real time data, partial HRIS capabilities. Gives access to employee to view their time cards and paystubs and submit time off requests. .

APS review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Accurate, Convenient and Efficient Payroll Processing"

What do you like best?

I love having my payroll system available to me anywhere I have access to the internet. It is great to be able to process payroll easily if have to be away from the office. The support staff is always helpful and quick to respond whenever we need assistance. The platform itself is very user friendly and so is easy to use and easy to train new users when necessary. Regularly scheduled payroll batches are quick and easy to process. In the rare cases where we need to issue a payroll check immediately, it is easy to do with the manual prepay function. Year end tax reporting is quick and painless.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to find something to dislike about the APS payroll system. They actually recently made a change that fixed what I would consider my biggest complaint. Previously, you could not review net check amounts and specific deductions before releasing a payroll batch for processing. Now you do have the option for one final review where you can drill down on each check, if you like, to see the net amount and all the deductions being taken. So right now, I really don't have a specific item that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i'd say give them a try, you won't regret it. It is a great solution for our firm of about 50 employees.

The benefits we have realized include the flexibility to process payroll from anywhere I have an internet connection, saving time by having all tax payments and reports handled through APS and saving resources by moving to an essentially paperless pay system.

APS review by Dawn S.
Dawn S.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

It's improved our ability to request, track and use paid time off and record the liabilities associated with paid time off.

What do you dislike?

As an administrator, I'd prefer to have one site to access rather than two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend APS. They've gone above and beyond to help us build a system that works for us. Their product has made a vast improvement in what we do, how we do it and how we record it.

We're electronically tracking time for hundreds of student workers rather than relying on paper time sheets. Accuracy and efficiency have been improved. Real time reporting allows for more oversight, which leads to more strategic decisions.

APS review by Don M.
Don M.

"APS Payroll Solution Review"

What do you like best?

I started to say I like their customer support best but decided that it is the ease of use that I most appreciate. Most of my professional career I have been involved with payroll software and I am impressed with APS. But the ease that I have taught someone in my company with zero experience how to access and review data has been very much appreciated.

What do you dislike?

I have found one data field (Base Location) that I can not add new locations myself. Instead I have to contact customer support. Although they are prompt adding this, I would prefer to be able to do so myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product and good customer service.

As a non-profit company that services disaster recovery areas, we are in seven states as of now. Being able to accurately track all of these locations and allocate properly is very necessary and apprecaited.

APS review by Debbie R.
Debbie R.

"APS Review"

What do you like best?

APS allows employees to enter their time, mileage and expenses, supervisors to approve based on schedules or preset requirements, and minimizes the workload for the payroll administrator.

What do you dislike?

Any "back end" adjustments can skew our reporting. We tend to look for alternative ways to make adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

APS has more to offer than the "Big Guys" at a much better price. If you are searching be sure to compare apples to apples in product, quality and service. APS definitely excels as a payroll provider. And I would love to praise our implementation team led by Aaron Johnson. He was amazing. And our salesman, Scott Lasseigne. No pressure--he just let the product sell itself. Thank you APS.

As the payroll administrator, APS has cut my time for processing payroll from 2 days to 2 hours. Reports are available within minutes of submitting the payroll batch. APS has been a great timesaver for our company.

APS review by Michele K.
Michele K.

"APS Payroll System is a winner"

What do you like best?

First, and foremost, i changed payroll services due to the absolute inconvenience associated with Customer Service.

APS has this well in hand, assigning a particular individual to our company. Bekah knows me, the company, and our issues. When i call with a problem it is generally handled within an hour or two!! I used to sit on hold for that long with the old service.

The ease of completing a payroll run is fantastic! I am done in less time than I used to need just running reports. Hallelujia!

Also, this is costing approximately 30% (!!!) of previous fees associated with payroll.

What do you dislike?

Occasional issues with our timekeeping, both digital hand clocks and PC based log-in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a company our size (approx 40 employees) it was absolutely the best choice! The employees like having their personal portals to deal with changing addresses, deductions, requesting time off, etc. Rather than having to see me to complete things, they are treated as adults. The information they have enables them to be able to plan a vacation well in advance, as well as scheduling last minute appointments outside of the work environment with access 24/7 from any PC.

Their customer service is top notch, and if it's a technical problem i am given immediate consideration in getting everything to run right again.

Substantial cost savings. Less frustration.

APS review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"A Review of APS"

What do you like best?

The Convenience and Intuitive nature of the APS payroll system is such a welcome change from the payroll service we were using whose name also started with an "A"! We have been very pleased with the transition which has been seamless. The reporting feature has saved us time and our employees are loving the time off request feature and vacation time reflected on site.

In a nutshell - the switch to APS has been one of the best moves we have made budget and time saving wise.

What do you dislike?

At this time we have not found anything that we do not like. It is such a vast improvement over what we have been using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to review the APS video, talk to an APS representative and ask them to meet or beat your current level of payroll service and price point.

Saves time and money. We are spending much less time inputting payroll each week and compiling reports we need. We have saved approximately 50% over what we were spending prior to the switch on a payroll service.

APS review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"APS Payroll Solution is the real deal!"

What do you like best?

The reporting aspect of the software is very nice. Lots of canned reports to choose from and easy set up to create new custom reports.

What do you dislike?

The screen resolution on your computer has to be set at a specific (small) font to view all of the screens correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We reviewed and compared several payroll solutions, but found that APS was the most comprehensive solution and had a lower price point than most. Plus, their track record for tax remittance and accuracy was impressive.

APS has enhanced our worker's comp tracking, garnishment reconciliation and employee benefit tracking. These are things we did not have with our prior payroll service.

APS review by Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.

"I have had excellent experience with APS"

What do you like best?

User friendly and excellent customer support

What do you dislike?

when creating reports, unable to chose the layout of the report - such as the order in which may want the columns to print

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a great program and user friendly.

At this, no problems. In past have had changes made to current reporting after an upgrade. APS was very helpful in assisting to make we had necessary reports needed

APS review by User

"Easy to use and saves tiime"

What do you like best?

Any time an employee need a payroll report, I can easily hit a few keys and knock the report out in no time. I'm over 60 and can figure out just what I need to do to pull any report I need. It holds records for any employee we hired since we installed the software many years ago.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say there is no problem that I can find with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with APS Payroll. They have a great product that can answer any payroll question with ease!

Accurately paying employees and making the necessary deductions for insurance, SS, taxes, loans, etc. Reporting is a great benefit that answers any questions we are given to complete. It saves us time and money!

APS review by Paulett W.
Paulett W.

"APS is the best"

What do you like best?

The customer support team is top notch and they are always willing to assist with any problems that our company is having. The software is user friendly. Retrieving documents such as W2s & tax documents can be retrieved easily. It is a big deal for us to be able to access historical data.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to delete a payroll batch can be an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. You will not be disappointed

Payroll processing. This solution has assisted us with error free processing of our payroll needs as well as the filing of taxes in a timely and efficient manner.

APS review by Administrator

"APS Payroll Solutions rocks!"

What do you like best?

The work flow is so much better than any other system we have used. The ability to integrate the deductions with other vendors is excellent!

What do you dislike?

The reporting manager is a little confusing. If they all had better descriptions on what each report does that would very beneficial to the end user.

APS has changed the way we process payroll tremendously. We have been able to cut down processing time and improve accuracy across the board. I would recommend this system to any HR company in need!

APS review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Great value for payroll processing"

What do you like best?

APS is easy to use and accurate. Processing is straightforward. Pricing is clear with no hidden fees. Earnings and deductions (along with general ledger, 401k, etc) can be customized to your business. Highly recommend. Representatives are highly responsive.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to see complete tax information (FUTA, SUTA, etc) before payroll is finalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want streamlined, easy-to-use payroll services, this is for you.

We are able to quickly and accurate process payroll and have quarterly returns and new hire reporting done. It's simple to use and saves time and stress from trying to calculate payroll manually.

APS review by Administrator in Facilities Services
Administrator in Facilities Services

"I have had the best customer services experience in all of my HR career with APS."

What do you like best?

The Customer Service! I am impressed with the platform, but the team behind the software is why I don't want to look anywhere else!

What do you dislike?

I would love to see a separate app feature rather than just a mobile friendly site (which still works great by the way).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be open about your processes when you are going through the demos. Don't be afraid to ask the questions. The APS sales team is honest and will get back to you when they may not know the answer to your questions. That was such a big relief than having a sales rep make up an answer to close on the deal.

We enjoy the assistance with the payroll service. To know that our taxes and required filings are being sent in on time is a huge load off of our plate.

APS review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"APS is wonderful"

What do you like best?

Our current rep, Shelly Scott is amazing! Because of our Work Program aspect, I believe our account is very unique and Shelly is always there to answer our tough questions and help us find solutions to any problems we have. APS has made our payroll and on boarding processes so much easier which has allowed us to use the saved time on other projects.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to the system, which is understandable. We are a unique entity and we have been able to customize a lot within the system, we would like to be able to customize a few more options.

Our campus uses the time and attendance for all of our student employees and majority of our professional employees. We also use APS for our Payroll, benefits administration, on-boarding and record keeping needs.

APS review by John B.
John B.

"Greatest Payroll Ever! "

What do you like best?

SImple to use, has all the bells and whistles. Allow you to easily process payroll, maintain employees records.

What do you dislike?

Havent found anything yet that i do not like. The system is user friendly and we ahvent had any issues with it across multiple useres performing a variety of functions in the process.

We were having issues with payroll data entry errors and the simple step by step process reduced that to zero. Also, audits were a real pain with our paper records, now we use the online records storage to keep critical data in the cloud for easy access.

APS review by Katherine D.
Katherine D.

"External Accountant for several private companies. I process payroll for these companies."

What do you like best?

Payroll processing is a breeze with APS. They reply to my emails right away and are very attentive!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything right now. The reps are very proactive and do not hesitate to complete tasks requested or needed. I can't keep up with their speediness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS VERY ATTENTIVE AND RESOLVES ISSUES IMMEDIATELY

APS makes my life as an Accountant easier. They handle everything from A-Z. Is there an HR department? I do have HR questions sometimes from my clients. I haven't approached APS however may be they could assist with these inquiries...

"New payroll system"

What do you like best?

The customer service team is very responsive and helpful. The payroll solution is much easier to use than the one we had before, and includes HR features that we did not have access to before.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that we would have liked that were not available or not available yet, but they have helped us work out alternative solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very helpful for a small to medium size company.

We wanted to have an electronic system for both payroll and HR that were integrated and that meets our needs. We were interested in going paperless as much as possible and streamlining our processes. We also wanted to include our employees more in the process.

APS review by Cindy C.
Cindy C.

"APS Review for G2 CROWD"

What do you like best?

After I reviewed several products on the market, I recommended APS to our company and it has been the best decision we have made. It coordinates with the ESelfService portion that our employees use with such ease that there has virtually been not training needed on the employee end. And with the new Federal changes in the Exempt and Non-exempt status it will enable us to move quickly with those changes.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any dislikes, but would like to see an onboarding piece added for the HR potion.

Staying in compliance with our contract licensing has been made a lot easier through the Events tab.

APS review by Stephen L.
Stephen L.

"Friendly Support Staff, Great Payroll Service"

What do you like best?

Initial setup for basic payroll services was very easy. Our account representative was always available, or otherwise called back quickly. They're always adding new features and making enhancements to the system.

What do you dislike?

The Affordable Care Act was difficult to setup, and difficult to maintain. The changing regulations don't help, and I understand it is difficult to build a system that suits everyone. I just find it difficult to have to mark certain employees as full time, with another separate checkbox for "Include in ACA Variable Hour".

Also don't like that the E-SelfServe user names are preset to numbers and employees cannot change the username. I have to lookup usernames and il3watcwreset passwords all the time.

Benefits - outsourcing payroll to APS is cheaper than processing payroll in-house.

APS review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Quick response, simple interface design, and great service."

What do you like best?

Your dedicated account rep. is extremely responsive and has an answer for you within minute. Simple training and very patient staff makes working with them an enjoyable experience. The ease of input makes the system a breeze. It is like payroll for Dummies! That works for me.

What do you dislike?

At this point, I do not have anything negative to say. Everytime I have a question, my account rep. has the answer or gets it for me in a very quick turn around. Extremely impressed with the customer service from APS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure and ask questions. You do not know all the services provided unless you ask. You might need all the services, but it is great to know what is available.

They handle all my payroll, tax withholdings, payroll tax payments, and accrual management. It saves me time and money each week.

APS review by Zettie R.
Zettie R.

"Web Based Payroll"

What do you like best?

The service I get is outstanding with APS. I feel like I've known my Help Center Account Manager for years. The system has safety nets, so making mistakes is virtually impossible!

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there is a slowdown in the processing speed of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion APS is the best web based system for the cost. The other three vendors I reviewed were more costly and they all basically provided the same services.

APS takes away all liability regarding Payroll taxes for my company. The reporting is unlimited!

APS review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"APS will always be my payroll provider"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Good customer service for the rare times I have a question.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes. I am very satisfied with the product.

Payroll and all related areas. Saved time. Peace of mind.

APS review by La'Kica J.
La'Kica J.

"APS is a dynamic company for all of your Payroll/HR needs!"

What do you like best?

The system is very user friendly and easy to train new users on using it.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes at this time. I am happy with the APS software.

Payroll tax returns are taken care of

APS review by Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

We have used aps for years and are completely satisfied. Great reporting and great customer service.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have any negative thoughts about this product. We have used aps for years and are completely satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and great repori

Used for payroll and payroll tax reporting.

APS review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Overall, APS has made our payroll and HR systems more efficient and effective."

What do you like best?

APS project manager is always available to ask questions and help us use the system most effectively.

What do you dislike?

They have been unable to add Alaska Standard Time as a time zone. It seems like an easy fix.

Our payroll system was a collection of papers moving from one person to the next. Each payroll took time from several different people. Now timesheets are recorded electronically and it has eliminated many sheets of paper going across 4 different desks. Great time saver and tree saver!

APS review by Administrator

"APS meets all our needs"

What do you like best?

Customer Support has been excellent. The software was in place when I came and the customer service helped me through some gaps in training.

They were also helpful with some solutions to some our our needs that are specific to Churches.

What do you dislike?

Needing to transmit payroll 2 days before pay date. I have been able to do it the day before with other vendors.

Reduced Staffing needs by using APS.

APS review by Karen W.
Karen W.

"APS is great!"

What do you like best?

The payroll system has been such a time savings from our old payroll provider.

What do you dislike?

The reports are hard to manipulate and creates rounding mistakes which makes reconciling harder.

Time savings with preparing payroll and not having to run garnishment checks through our accounts payable.

APS review by Angie W.
Angie W.

"Professional and responsive payroll management providers"

What do you like best?

We receive very quick responses to our questions or concerns, and their staff take the time to make sure we understand how to use all the features available to us with our account.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that they can control. Sometimes the system needs to me to review and approve things when I am on the road, but that is not their fault! We have set up another layer of account manager to be able to handle these kinds of things when I am unavailable.

Managing payroll distribution and calculation and payment of taxes.

APS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Good Product--Great Service"

What do you like best?

Helpful Staff--Available when I need them rather than having to wait 1+ hours on hold with ADP. Reporting options provide flexibility rather than having to rely on the reports made available. Especially helpful in compliance audits for Worker's Comp and 401k.

What do you dislike?

Visibility to some of the tables such as the PTO Accrual setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Staff is helpful and available. Processing is straightforward and easy to do.

Payroll and PTO management at two locations. Better information, and visibility to users. Lower cost.

APS review by Administrator

"Happy with produce and service "

What do you like best?

I love the option to use the system on my laptop, mobile and I-pad. The ability to be able to connect from anywhere helps me service our many locations.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the reporting features expanded to include more in depth searches for my organization.

The technology is growing with our generation. I can provide multiple avenues of connection between the HR and employee world.

APS review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Employees love self serve"

What do you like best?

Simplicity - the system is easy to use and very quick to submit payroll. The e-self serve works great and is easy for our employees. Employees and supervisors have engaged the self serve function.

What do you dislike?

There are some back end formulas for various items like vacation accruals that we do not have visibility to what's underlying to check for accuracy. Vacation accrual is only real-time, so unable to go back and look at accruals at points in time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your location (s), dual taxation is not a native function for APS.

Depending on your location (s), California overtime does not automatically calculate.

Depending on whether you use carrier connections for Benefits, CC's are done through 3rd party and took a significant amount of time to function.

We have eliminated 8+ hours of data entry on time off due to self serve pto entry. Our employees take vacation by the hour.

APS review by User in Financial Services

"APS Review"

What do you like best?

The whole experience has been very personal and professional. From the hiring of APS to do our payroll, to the everyday communication, the staff has been prompt and courteous. I always feel welcomed whether on the phone with a representative, or in person at their office. From the top-down, everything has been a wonderful experience.

What do you dislike?

There has been nothing i have disliked thus far, they may feel differently about me !! I frequently call them with a question, or even to do something while i am traveling, they are always quick to assist me in anything that myself or my staff may need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest contacting APS, learn about their services, and experience for yourself their world class customer service.

Simple payroll, the organization has educated me and my staff on the process and certain features that have developed along the way. They often update our staff through interactive emails, and updates on taxes, payroll law changes, etc. I would definitely recommend!

APS review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Amazing Customer Support!"

What do you like best?

The customer support is by far the best thing about APS and some of the best customer support I have ever experienced working with software companies. I have a direct person I contact via email, and I always get my answer or a solution within a day.

I love how user-friendly the software is too. I never had training and I didn't need training because it was so easy to use.

They are always making great updates. I'm very excited about the manager self-service functionality they have introduced this month. This will make our processes and staff so much better.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting can be tricky to navigate at first, but you definitely can work through it and figure it out.

The time off module is not great, and really should be improved. Accruals are quite often incorrect. And our staff have difficulty knowing how much time they have available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for the price and customer service. If you have a complicated time off accrual system, you may need to ensure it can work with your processes. Other than that, I would recommend to everyone.

We are working through how to make our performance reviews more streamlined and allow for better communication between ministries and supervisors. I think the manager self-service function is going to help that.

APS review by Ethan C.
Ethan C.

"Great Services from a great company"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - simple navigation & transparency. Account managers standing by to remind you or help as needed.

What do you dislike?

overly attentive account reps (if there is such a thing)

payroll & payroll tax outsourcing. All done accurately & with ease

APS review by Cheri B.
Cheri B.

"Excellent!"

What do you like best?

Customer service is outstanding. Any questions, whether through email or telephone, are answered immediately and the representatives are always professional and ready to assist.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to save the batch confirmation report. There have been times that I wasn't able to print the batch report for my records and if you don't print the report when it is generated it is no longer available.

We use APS for our payroll and tax reporting.

APS review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

In regards to the software itself, I find it very user-friendly to use. It's not over-complicated. So much information available in one database is really helpful!

The Report Manager has several canned reports available. If for some reason you can't find the right one, the Report Writer makes it easy to develop your own.

The Document Manager is also a life-saver when it comes to communicating company-wide documents and getting employee signatures.

What do you dislike?

On rare occasion, the software becomes unresponsive, usually during a period of heavy usage. However, this is usually easily fixed with a simple refresh (Ctrl+F5).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly consider APS. The system is easy to use. Customer service has always been helpful!

We began using APS for our payroll solutions, and since have incorporated the Time & Attendance feature and the Benefits Management features. Currently, we're looking to add the Recruiting and On-Boarding products.

APS review by Todd H.
Todd H.

"Excellent service - easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and they take all of the hassles out of it. We no longer need to have a payroll or accounting type person on staff to do payroll.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it all works great. Easy to use, easy to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with APS.

Staffing and time saving. Using services like this lets us focus on what we do, and in the end it saves us money.

APS review by Cindy H.
Cindy H.

"experenice has been great"

What do you like best?

User friendly, easy access to reports, easing keeping track of miss punches which helps make P/R go smooth.

What do you dislike?

Since switching to APS in January of this year I have not found anything I dislike.

When you log into APS it shows how many miss punches you have which is a great help in keeping track of time for daily hour report and P/R

APS review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"I Love APS "

What do you like best?

I like best the customer service and the program is really easy to use. It is user friendly and the employees receive an email of payroll posted where they can log in and print w2's and weekly pay sheets.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing i don't like about APS this is the easiest friendliest payroll system i have used, its user friendly for myself and the employees. there are no dislikes at all this works with ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

my recommendation is that you use the program for atleast a year, use the tools allotted, chat, email and of course utilize the tool to allow employees to access their payroll needs to help you in the long run, its cost effective and works well.

I really only process payroll here and there are no problems, the benefit of using this software is the ease and comfort it is cost effective. With eaze I can effectively process payroll, i have customer service via phone and chat for quick questions. I just enjoy this program and cannot say enough about it to friends and family.

APS review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"2016 APS Review"

What do you like best?

I am able to build reports with the information I need to print or export into excel.

What do you dislike?

I realy can't think of anything that I don't like with APS Payroll Solucions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

APS provides more than just payroll. Our company uses it to keep track of PTO hours, driver's licenses, birthdays, anniversary dates and more. The ability to add custom fields to each employee and to build the reports with exactly what you need is awesome!

Tax reports that would have taken weeks to build were done by APS with no problem. Payroll is so much easier and more reliable than our previous payroll system.

APS review by Laurie M.
Laurie M.

"Quick and easy"

What do you like best?

The admin screen is easy to customize for our firm’s needs which makes payroll a breeze.

What do you dislike?

While I know it’s a security feature and necessary for larger businesses, I don’t like having to confirm the payroll a second time after it’s been submitted.

I no longer have to calculate withholding or even worry about making those payments, not to mention preparing the checks twice a month. APS handles all of it.

APS review by Ronald C.
Ronald C.

"APS Payroll review"

What do you like best?

I payroll software is user friendly and the support staff have been terrific.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. Everything has met or exceeded our expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

APS is a local company for Louisiana.

Our last payroll platform was eliminated by the provider. We selected APS from several vendors offering outsourced payroll services and have been extremely satisfied with our selection.

APS review by Lori D.
Lori D.

"APS support"

What do you like best?

customer service with our reps

user friendly reports available or customizable to build

What do you dislike?

carrier connect needs improvement -- they work working through challenges with file feeds

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service and implementation team helpful

Platform for reports easy and makes sense

Ease of navigation among data fields in p/r platform

On-line benefits admin, COBRA administration, carrier connect

APS helped with all

APS review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Director of Administration"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Particularly enjoy the HR module. Enabled my organization to virtually go paperless.

What do you dislike?

I believe some minute segments of the employee appraisal process in the APS system could use some fine tuning or more in-depth description of how to use the module.

Driving employees to the self serve portal to log in time, locate forms and policies, alleviating some of the burden for our 1 person HR department.

APS review by Melissa G.
Melissa G.

"APS payroll worth the cost"

What do you like best?

I have used numerous different payroll platforms and found this one very easy to navigate and manage.

What do you dislike?

My client managed their own payroll but I would need to find reports to verify info and sometimes found their placement of reports confusing.

As a bookkeeper, it's great when my clients have a payroll system they are comfortable working with to support their payroll needs.

APS review by Ethan L.
Ethan L.

"Excellent Payroll Solution"

What do you like best?

Cloud base solution and customer support

What do you dislike?

The implementation process needs to be a bit smoother, but overall we were satisfy.

Cost savings and efficient process

APS review by Executive Sponsor in Food & Beverages
Executive Sponsor in Food & Beverages

"Great and easy to operate "

What do you like best?

There user friendly site . They also are very knowledgeable on questions that might occur . The account having a manager / helps with all and any problems that we may have .

Our company has benefit because it's time friendly .

What do you dislike?

Sometime the payroll batches take to long to load for us to print payroll checks . I also sometime find that the long in to the site takes a long time to load. I like that they don't change many things on the dashboard or on the site . Sometime less is more .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a great and useful add in payroll .

We save time and money because APS does all when . Such as making sure the taxes are paid and down correctly.

APS review by Holly B.
Holly B.

"Wonderful, Easy to Use Payroll System"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating custom reports

Customer Service

My dedicated account manager always gets back with me promptly when I have issues and stays in contact with me until my issues are resolved

Converting from another payroll provider was seamless and extremely smooth

Continuous updates on tax changes and laws keeps me informed

What do you dislike?

My account manager has changed 3 times in one year

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are like me and require in depth reporting that must be customized and changed frequently then you should give APS a look. We switched from ADP and the time that APS has saved me in comparison to the complicated, non-user friendly reporting of ADP has proven invaluable.

You will not find a more knowledgeable, friendlier group of professionals to work with. They always take their time and answer all my questions. They work diligently to get any special projects I need completed and whenever the answer or finished product cannot be completed in 24 hours they stay in touch with me the entire time ensuring that I am kept in the loop and always know where we are in the process.

I am spending a lot less time creating custom reports than I used to in the past.

I no longer have to attend time consuming seminars and classes to stay up to date on changes in the laws that affect my company.

Our tax filings are taken off of my desk and done for us

APS review by Faith T.
Faith T.

"Wonderful product that keeps on improving!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that APS has continued to add additional functionality to the system as well as improve on existing features. In addition, the staff is always helpful and timely in their responses.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to use a net to gross calculator when computing manual paychecks. We would also benefit from being able to add non-cash benefit items to regularly scheduled payrolls with the ability to "gross up" the amounts in order to pay the taxes on the employees behalf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

APS has countless ways to improve your organizations payroll processing routine. In addition, they have continued to add to their functionality and offerings to their clients. The improvements also reach across the board to the employee user interface in eselfserve, allowing employees the opportunity to be more involved in the process.

Processing payroll has become more efficient and organized for us. We are benefiting greatly from the ability to import the payroll journals directly into our accounting software instead of having to do manual entries. The reporting, time off features, Benefits Administration and eselfserve are also great tools for the entire organization.

APS review by Christine K.
Christine K.

"Meets our needs"

What do you like best?

The individual attention that I have received from my assigned account representative has been phenomenal. Anytime I have a question Misty has gone above and beyond to make sure I understand. If Misty is unavailable I have always been directed to another account rep that has helped me. APS goes above and beyond in their customer service to make certain that their customer's are taken care of.

What do you dislike?

I have had a few issues with the console online freezing up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have only been in my position for a few years and APS has been amazing to work with. They have helped walk me through new processes and issues as they arise. In addition, they have reached out to show me additional options as our company and needs have expanded.

I am the only person in my company that works on payroll and APS is incredibly user friendly. From the home screen to the constant improvements their programs are very easy to use and understand. As our company has grown so has our needs. APS has reached out to show how they can meet our ever expanding needs with products that are readily available.

APS review by Diana D.
Diana D.

"Outstanding system and customer service!"

What do you like best?

APS is hands down the most user friendly payroll and HRIS system I have used. It has a wonderful self service platform for employees where they can clock in and out and make time off requests. APS is very customizable, which is an important feature for our business since we have many different types of compensation. Reports are also easy to run and there are many helpful ones that are in the system. Additionally, you can create custom reports to suit any need.

Above all else, the customer service that is provided is top notch. Every time I need assistance, an account manager is available and any issues are solved very quickly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about this system that I don't like.

We are able to utilize APS for our payroll needs, benefits administration, employee time clock, vacation time accruals and requests, tax reporting, and ACA reporting in the near future. There is also a wonderful HR console that is helpful for us to track employee professional licenses which are important to our business.

APS review by Mack M.
Mack M.

"Great, customized service for a fast-growing startup business"

What do you like best?

I chose APS Payroll for all our payroll processing for our initial location of a nationwide franchise business. The team at APS has been able to resolve each and every business or regulatory issue encountered in the two years we have operated our business. I especially like the customized and friendly service we receive. APS worked closely with us as we launched our second location of our franchise just one month ago. The rollout of our new location was completely seamless and pain-free. I highly recommend them.

What do you dislike?

To date, I have not encountered any payroll issues or challenges that APS has not been able to resolve for our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize your relationship with your APS account manager. They are there to help you. Just ask.

We have complex payroll rules for a staff who receive a combination of commissions, tips, and bonuses in a retail environment and APS Payroll was able to quickly create a customized solution that worked for our business. APS has also helped me as we have grown our business through the expansion to a 2nd location.

APS review by Rose G.
Rose G.

"APS is amazing! "

What do you like best?

I love that anytime I have an issue with my payroll, I can call or email my account manager and I usually have an answer within a few hours!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to submit my payroll through a website other than APS

APS is making payroll a very quick task. It is almost effortless on our end!

APS review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Administrative Manager"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Adequate security

Responsive customer service

What do you dislike?

Not really much to complain about. There have been time when we simply had no work and therefore no payroll, but we were able to suspend our account. We weren't going anywhere but that had to be addressed for some reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Program is dependable and reasonably priced

Payroll accuracy

IRS compliance

APS review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Very good payroll package if you do not need all the bells and whistles"

What do you like best?

User Friendly. Very easy to process payroll

What do you dislike?

customer service use to be fabulous. they are just not as knowable as they use to be

None really. We are just using this mainly for payroll. We have the HR module to help with the 1095s; however, we still have to do a lot of corrections before we finalize the forms

APS review by Tiffani R.
Tiffani R.

"Great for my small business as it grows!"

What do you like best?

Customer support is always quick to reply

What do you dislike?

Main dashboard interface could be a bit more user friendly.

Payroll & Payroll Taxes

APS review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"APS is a terrific payroll software"

What do you like best?

APS is a terrific payroll software and easy to use. The software support will answer your phone call immediately and solve your problems.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about this software

The time that this software has given me back has been the biggest benefits. The required reporting that APS will do for us has been another benefit.

APS review by Nola A.
Nola A.

"APS Payroll Solution Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, fast and friendly customer service, reporting features, payroll tax calculations made extremely easy,

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to calculate a bonus check, post taxes, for a certain amount. It takes a lot of trial and error. Also, it is sometime easy to get lost in the number of report options there are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for value. Easily computes payroll taxes per employee based off the selected exemptions. The direct deposit feature is extremely easy to use, and provides an efficient means of paying employees. The reporting has a lot of depth, although it can be tough at times to figure out which reports display what information. Overall, its a great program that I would highly recommend to others.

Payroll solutions, specifically with taxes and W-2's, has been made a lot easier with APS, and the price per value is highly reasonable. Having APS has saved us great amounts of time in processing payroll.

APS review by Joy E.
Joy E.

"Love, love, love APS! "

What do you like best?

APS makes processing payroll a breeze! They have excellent customer service! When my account manager is not in the office, her emails are answered by another APS team member. Our managers love how easy it is to review and approve their staffs time. I love that I can transfer in time from eselfserve or upload a csv file to process payroll. The report builder is a dream come true!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about APS. Even when they can't answer my questions right away, I usually have it by days end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From the implementation stage to daily entry, APS has been outstanding. Contact them! You will be glad you did, I know we are.

As APS grows, they continue to make changes that enhance the system. They are a life saver when it comes to taxes. Having employees in multiple states could have been a nightmare, but APS set us up and keeps us compliant.

APS review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

"APS delivered everything and then some"

What do you like best?

Quite simply, APS is an outstanding organization. From needs assessment, system configuration, implementation, and ongoing support we have been thoroughly pleased with their service and platform.

What do you dislike?

I am not aware of any frustrations with the system that we just have to ‘live with’.

We are actually two separate companies, managing 55 clients, and average 110 employees total. We provide long term, interim, and project staffing as well as HR & Finance consulting to Government entities throughout California. Given our model, we needed a system that allowed us to track time and pay rate for payroll, and time and bill rate for billing by client. Through the needs analysis and configuration process, APS was able guide us in how to utilize their system in ways that represented a quantum leap forward for our billing and reporting needs. There wasn’t anything in their core system that needed to be customized, although we paid for some custom exports for various retirement plans, billing and GL.

APS review by Debbie S.
Debbie S.

"APS had the format that most closely matched what we were using in-house"

What do you like best?

Easier input of information which cuts down the time I spend on payroll. Employees can also get their stubs online.

What do you dislike?

Changes to the initial setup might take a short time, but our customer rep is quick to respond.

ACA reporting became a lot easier with APS Payroll. Several departments can now be tracked in the HR portal.

APS review by Administrator in Printing
Administrator in Printing

"Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

We are about to run our first payroll with APS and so far they have gone above and beyond to make the experience of switching payroll companies a good one.

What do you dislike?

Since we haven't been able to fully utilize APS yet, I don't have any dislikes. So far we have been able to catch the discrepancies as we have been going through the set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and you will probably find that for the price and support, APS is hard to compete with.

We are trying to cut our payroll processing time in half and give our employees a better place to receive their pay information. APS has been able to both of these things for us so far.

APS review by Administrator

"Great Company. Great people"

What do you like best?

The website is very user friendly and the staff is super helpful

What do you dislike?

I would like for the canned reports to be able to add items to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish the canned reports could be edited to add

We utilize the payroll system and all of its tax benefits. We are looking into the HR system as well

APS review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Mediocre to average"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for normal payroll functions; i.e. time keeping, scheduling time off, processing payments, w-2, calculating and remitting taxes, accruals etc

What do you dislike?

Not able to customize to meet all of our needs thus far

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask plenty of questions to make sure that they can accommodate any quirks of your industry and/or business

We mainly moved to APS to consolidate several disjointed platforms under one umbrella.

APS review by Richard M.
Richard M.

"Very happy with APS Payroll!"

What do you like best?

APS Payroll is very affordable and the website is very easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I cannot think of a single thing to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

High level of personal service when needed - the cost is good and well worth it.

Payroll is a huge item and to have it NOT be on my plate is fantastic!!

APS review by Sophia F.
Sophia F.

"Stream line process"

What do you like best?

Single point of contact, single sign on system, new features being added frequently, easy payroll process, employee outlook alerts, custom fields and employee e self-serve just to name a few.

What do you dislike?

On occasion upgrades and or glitches cause certain features not to work. APS normally resolves pretty quick though. Turn around time on setting up some custom features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company demoed multiple payroll companies over a 2 years in a row before making a switch. The first year I picked APS but we didn't make a move. The 2nd year after demoing multiple payroll companies again APS was still my choice and that's when we decided to make a move.

This year we used the benefit administration feature. It made open enrollment for 200 employees go a lot faster. Savings we have experienced with switching from our old payroll company.

APS review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"The transition from our old payroll system to APS was streamlined by APS. It was great!"

What do you like best?

APS is very easy to use. I like the Doc Vault and being able to get to important information with ease.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to create custom reports with the information comes from more than one module.

APS has cut down on the amount of time it takes to process payroll.

APS review by Molly F.
Molly F.

"APS - A solid Payroll provider!"

What do you like best?

The customer service has been fantastic. I've enjoyed working with everyone. Additionally, the service provided for the price is unbeatable.

What do you dislike?

I wish they could have come onsite to do training but that is a minor thing compared to the benefits we've received.

We did not have an HRIS before transitioning to APS. By adding this tool, we're able to run reports and have access to all of our employee information without the use of Excel spreadsheets.

APS review by Diane B.
Diane B.

"EASY TO USE"

What do you like best?

I like the ease and simplicity of time entry

What do you dislike?

sometimes, the system 'hangs up" & unable to clock in

Not solving any "problems", per sey, just a great benefit to have such a good system for tracking all employee information; I really like the reports builder & manager. I also LOVE working w/our Rep., Shelly Scott. She is always willing to help. She is always very helpful and timely in her responses.

APS review by Nathan W.
Nathan W.

"APS Online Payroll "

What do you like best?

They have made our aloha integration flawless. I would recommend them to any small to middle size business. They have taken a payroll that took all day to less than an hour to submit.

What do you dislike?

Report Module seems to be a little confusing at times.

Data intergration.

APS review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Excellent experience in the first 9 months"

What do you like best?

Customer service is outstanding! It is wonderful to have a dedicated support person/team.

What do you dislike?

Recruiting/onboarding. We had hoped to move our recruiting/onboarding process to APS. However, once we got into the details, we realized that our current/prior solution was superior. So, decided not to use APS recruiting/onboarding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our only disappointment was that the recruiting and onboarding modules were not as integrated with the rest of the system as we had hoped.

With APS we have integrated HR systems, timekeeping, and payroll in one platform.

APS review by Jami B.
Jami B.

"Wonderful company to partner with! "

What do you like best?

APS is a very productive company! We are a small business and don't use all aspects of it but the parts we do use are great! We have a complicated pay scale due to differential pay and 12 hour shifts and they make my job so much easier as BOM and payroll clerk.

What do you dislike?

We have problems ever now and then that make it difficult to enroll new employees in the hand punch time clock. The problem has gotten better but it makes clocking in and out hard for new employees. Also, when we have to pay people for working holidays, or orientation, it requires a manual correction on my part. It's not difficult but sometimes hard to remember.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask as many questions as you need to! They are very patient and very understanding. I spent multiple phone calls with several people implementing this system and not once did anyone ever act like they were rushing me or annoyed by all the questions we had.

This payroll/HR system has saved so many man hours by figuring everyones pay and me not having to sit down and take 2 days to do it myself. I feel like they keep a good track of taxes and also will save time by sending out everyones tax information at the end of the year..... once again saving lots of time!