Apto

Apto is a Full-Blown Commercial Real Estate Brokerage App for tracking contacts, properties, and your real estate transactions

Work for Apto?

Learning about Apto?

Apto Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 23 Apto reviews
Apto review by <span>Brett T.</span>
Brett T.

Very satisfied

What do you like best?

I really like how Apto tracks my prospects and the ease to record activity. Apto also prompts you for follow up dates which I have found useful so contact do not slip between the cracks.

What do you dislike?

Entering contacts/properties is very time intensive. For a single property, you first have to set up a company record, then a contact record before you link to a property record. While it is an intensive process, if you do it properly it creates a bullet proof, comprehensive database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are willing to invest your time and effort into building a database, I honestly think Apto is a great way to go. Apto leverages the power of the salesforce platform with a great CRE skin.

As a fairly new broker who is focused primarily on outbound activity, Apto has become vital to tracking opportunities and holding me accountable to my necessary outbound prospecting. I recommend it to everyone in my office. That being said not everyone has liked it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apto
Apto review by <span>Stephen S.</span>
Stephen S.

Aptotude is a great tool to keep track of prospects for Brokers

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Apto is the ability to set reminders easily and that it is able to easily track calls and notes on calls.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike about Apto is the time consuming efforts to enter each piece of info on a prospect, but it should pay off in the long run. I would prefer is you could download a file into apto and have it auto create contacts and companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apto can be overwhelming at times with the amount of time it takes to enter data into the system, but once you get the hang of it, its very helpful

I am a real estate broker that uses the application when cold calling. I have been able to take notes whilst calling and it automatically saves the data. It has helped me when i forget info about a prospect or whether i have left them a voicemail recently/what our recent conversation was about.

What Real Estate CRM solution do you use?

Apto review by <span>Chris W.</span>
Chris W.

Better Solutions than Apto out there

What do you like best?

I like the ability to track deal flow and print out reports and the ability for the team to make changes, and that is about it.

What do you dislike?

They truly do get you to sign up and promise the world and then once that contract is signed, all promises go out the window. I dont think anyone in the organization has any real estate experience. We wanted something basic that would notify us when a critical date for a contract came up. Though they have the timelines, they said no one ever uses those. Really?

The customer service is the worst, you talk with one person and they point the finger somewhere else.

The problem is data conversion - we paid extra to have my REA database converted over and there was no consistency on what was transferred. I needed to go through each contact to ensure the data was correct. There are so many bugs with this program.

Apto review by <span>Gregory J.</span>
Gregory J.

Apto = HORRIBLE! Don't waste your time like they wasted mine.

What do you like best?

Nothing. Their sales people will tell you that Apto will do anything you want it to; don't believe them. I think they are on a tear to grab as much market share as they can to make themselves a buy-out/take-over candidate or to sell out to a more "real" competitor.

What do you dislike?

After repeated affirmations from their sales and tech support staff that the program would do what I wanted - which was to link contacts to properties to related lending sources (debt and equity) - it did none of those things. They wasted eight months of implementation time, and ever after never having used the program, I had to fight with them to obtain a full refund. I was also never made aware at all about the OEM and Embedded Licensing restrictions that these 'app skin' providers face as part of using SalesForce as their data engine. This severely limits the customization and flexibility required in designing a truly dynamic, interactive, and robust database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All of the CRE CRM programs offer widely different features, and appeal to users of diverse technological and CRE skill sets. I would strongly recommend that in addition to honestly assessing your tech savvy, and how much of an IT/administration role you want to play in the implementation and data management process, to identify the top five most important things you want your database to accomplish for you. Some users will want an multi-layered, inter-relational database with all data fields connected and referenced - while others may want customizable reporting, pipeline tracking, deal progression, and something that facilitates more back-office operations. I also suggest obtaining a customized demo or tutorial showing EXACTLY how that program will meet your most important needs. Many offer free trial periods, or will allow you to access a 'dummy' database so you can directly test the features that are most important.

The only thing Apto provided me was an 8-month delay in my data implementation. There was no benefit - only agita and frustration.

Apto review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

Apto review

What do you like best?

We are using this software as a CRM and also to track our pipeline. The software has a lot of great features and the interface is good. One of the features that I like the most is the automated reporting feature. It will email me when certain conditions are met. The salesforce app for the iPhone is also very handy.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I do not like is the way that contacts are entered. You have to enter the company first and then enter in the contact and it has to be done in a certain order. It would be better if you could create it all from the same page as opposed to having to close out one page to do the other.

One of the functions that we are using this for is to track lease expirations. The automated reporting feature has helped us to stay more on top of this part of our business. We have a team as well and we are using apto to share tasks and to keep a centralized db of these tasks.

Apto review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

Apto for my CRM

What do you like best?

I've never been a huge fan of any CRM, but for the time that I used this with my group, it did seem to cover all of the essentials and basics that you would want a CRM to cover.

What do you dislike?

Again - most of my dislike is not geared towards Apto, but more appropriately headed towards my dislike for all CRM's. Never found one that I like. If there was one thing that I didn't like - I don't think my CRM synced directly to my email. This could have been more of a user error though - now that I'm thinking about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One recommendation that I can make is making it more syncable to emails. Again - not sure if it was a user based error - which it most likely was.

Apto is good for a CRM and tracking deals and clients.

Learning about Apto?

* We monitor all Apto reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.