Apto

3.0

Apto is a Full-Blown Commercial Real Estate Brokerage App for tracking contacts, properties, and your real estate transactions

Work for Apto?

Learning about Apto?

Apto Reviews

Showing 24 Apto reviews
Apto review by Brett T.
Brett T.

"Very satisfied "

What do you like best?

I really like how Apto tracks my prospects and the ease to record activity. Apto also prompts you for follow up dates which I have found useful so contact do not slip between the cracks.

What do you dislike?

Entering contacts/properties is very time intensive. For a single property, you first have to set up a company record, then a contact record before you link to a property record. While it is an intensive process, if you do it properly it creates a bullet proof, comprehensive database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are willing to invest your time and effort into building a database, I honestly think Apto is a great way to go. Apto leverages the power of the salesforce platform with a great CRE skin.

As a fairly new broker who is focused primarily on outbound activity, Apto has become vital to tracking opportunities and holding me accountable to my necessary outbound prospecting. I recommend it to everyone in my office. That being said not everyone has liked it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Apto
Apto review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Aptotude is a great tool to keep track of prospects for Brokers"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Apto is the ability to set reminders easily and that it is able to easily track calls and notes on calls.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I dislike about Apto is the time consuming efforts to enter each piece of info on a prospect, but it should pay off in the long run. I would prefer is you could download a file into apto and have it auto create contacts and companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apto can be overwhelming at times with the amount of time it takes to enter data into the system, but once you get the hang of it, its very helpful

I am a real estate broker that uses the application when cold calling. I have been able to take notes whilst calling and it automatically saves the data. It has helped me when i forget info about a prospect or whether i have left them a voicemail recently/what our recent conversation was about.

What Real Estate CRM solution do you use?

Apto review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Better Solutions than Apto out there"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to track deal flow and print out reports and the ability for the team to make changes, and that is about it.

What do you dislike?

They truly do get you to sign up and promise the world and then once that contract is signed, all promises go out the window. I dont think anyone in the organization has any real estate experience. We wanted something basic that would notify us when a critical date for a contract came up. Though they have the timelines, they said no one ever uses those. Really?

The customer service is the worst, you talk with one person and they point the finger somewhere else.

The problem is data conversion - we paid extra to have my REA database converted over and there was no consistency on what was transferred. I needed to go through each contact to ensure the data was correct. There are so many bugs with this program.

Apto review by Gregory J.
Gregory J.

"Apto = HORRIBLE! Don't waste your time like they wasted mine."

What do you like best?

Nothing. Their sales people will tell you that Apto will do anything you want it to; don't believe them. I think they are on a tear to grab as much market share as they can to make themselves a buy-out/take-over candidate or to sell out to a more "real" competitor.

What do you dislike?

After repeated affirmations from their sales and tech support staff that the program would do what I wanted - which was to link contacts to properties to related lending sources (debt and equity) - it did none of those things. They wasted eight months of implementation time, and ever after never having used the program, I had to fight with them to obtain a full refund. I was also never made aware at all about the OEM and Embedded Licensing restrictions that these 'app skin' providers face as part of using SalesForce as their data engine. This severely limits the customization and flexibility required in designing a truly dynamic, interactive, and robust database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All of the CRE CRM programs offer widely different features, and appeal to users of diverse technological and CRE skill sets. I would strongly recommend that in addition to honestly assessing your tech savvy, and how much of an IT/administration role you want to play in the implementation and data management process, to identify the top five most important things you want your database to accomplish for you. Some users will want an multi-layered, inter-relational database with all data fields connected and referenced - while others may want customizable reporting, pipeline tracking, deal progression, and something that facilitates more back-office operations. I also suggest obtaining a customized demo or tutorial showing EXACTLY how that program will meet your most important needs. Many offer free trial periods, or will allow you to access a 'dummy' database so you can directly test the features that are most important.

The only thing Apto provided me was an 8-month delay in my data implementation. There was no benefit - only agita and frustration.

"Apto review"

What do you like best?

We are using this software as a CRM and also to track our pipeline. The software has a lot of great features and the interface is good. One of the features that I like the most is the automated reporting feature. It will email me when certain conditions are met. The salesforce app for the iPhone is also very handy.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I do not like is the way that contacts are entered. You have to enter the company first and then enter in the contact and it has to be done in a certain order. It would be better if you could create it all from the same page as opposed to having to close out one page to do the other.

One of the functions that we are using this for is to track lease expirations. The automated reporting feature has helped us to stay more on top of this part of our business. We have a team as well and we are using apto to share tasks and to keep a centralized db of these tasks.

Apto review by Administrator

"Apto - Limited by Salesforce but appreciative of their commercial real estate customization"

What do you like best?

The commercial real estate components are thought out (yes some words they choose for describing fields show they don't have as much commercial real estate experience), but for the most part - many items were thought of that are useful to us.

What do you dislike?

The whole leasing component... stacking plans seemed awesome in theory but the spaces get tied to wrong leases when you progress deals and it's just a mess if you have a big retail center for lease. Also, dislike that they won't continue on with Apto Commissions (leaving us to figure out invoicing and payment details ourselves.) Wish this was 1. still available 2. not an extra cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone at your company who can configure your Salesforce - Apto Org. well.

Reporting of deals. Only some people at the company are tech savy enough to progress deals, which shows the interface isn't intuitive to everyone.

"Apto for my CRM"

What do you like best?

I've never been a huge fan of any CRM, but for the time that I used this with my group, it did seem to cover all of the essentials and basics that you would want a CRM to cover.

What do you dislike?

Again - most of my dislike is not geared towards Apto, but more appropriately headed towards my dislike for all CRM's. Never found one that I like. If there was one thing that I didn't like - I don't think my CRM synced directly to my email. This could have been more of a user error though - now that I'm thinking about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One recommendation that I can make is making it more syncable to emails. Again - not sure if it was a user based error - which it most likely was.

Apto is good for a CRM and tracking deals and clients.

Apto review by George A. M.
George A. M.

"Horrible"

What do you like best?

The platform is well designed, easy to use as a beginner. Support is fine util you pay, after that you just looking for them and their time frame is weeks.

What do you dislike?

Support. Support its just missing. I was forced not to work for three weeks because of that. Especially Jacqueline on support she doesn't know our business neither the platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do not go there! expensive and not having support, you know how vital is support in our business

No benefits, expensive I am switching to Real nex.

"Apto Works!"

What do you like best?

Efficient platform for organizing information as well as maintaining diligent follow-up schedules. Our team used to have a separate license before our firm adopted a company-wide platform. The user-ability has declined a bit now that we have a shared global system; however, the ease of use is still prevalent.

What do you dislike?

Some of the unique aspects of Apto have disappeared since we switched to a shared global system. For instance, under the contact name there were fields to log square footage, lease expirations, lease rates, etc. It was like having a comp right under the contact name. This user function made Apto unique to real estate. There are still other functions that are helpful and not available with a regular SalesForce license, but missing these fields makes the cold calling process much slower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay up to date w/ tasks

We are able to share listing and assignment data/notes with teammates simultaneously which is leading to more efficient communication between our team members. It allows us to group information in an organized manner to deliver to landlords and prospects during weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc. presentations.

"Apto"

What do you like best?

Apto is a good option to capture data and info and store in one location. Easy to sync contacts and information to outlook which is very beneficial. The fact that it is able to work on mobile applications and desktop as well makes it easy to use wherever you are.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of tabs there are that don't necessarily connect well to one another. For example, for me to enter a contact I have to first enter a company in a separate tab before I can then enter the contact. There is a lot of unnecessary back and forth steps I find in the interface that are time consuming and unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for a while before you make the decision. It is certainly a platform you have to work with a few times before you get the hang of it so I recommend spending some time to become more familiar and really understand how it works.

Solving the problem of keeping content and information captured in one location, and being better able to follow up with contacts and prospects in short term or ling term increments. It is helping me stay more productive and on top of follow-ups and reminders that may otherwise be forgotten. The benefits I have realized include the ability to quantify and control my prospects and keep on top of current business, ongoing business and prospective business which is important.

"Mac users beware"

What do you like best?

Apto is extremely customizable with a flexible layout.

What do you dislike?

The lack of customer support for mac users especially up front when selling users on their product. Exact requirements were difficult to find and the salesperson (also using a Mac) never mentioned there would be separate requirements to sync with my other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Mac ensure that you are using the correct Exchange Server in order to sync your contacts, emails, and calendar. I spent weeks trying to get this set up properly and finally learned we need to upgrade the company's back end to allow the Mac users to sync properly.

Used for CRM. Would be beneficial if I could sync to my Outlook.

User in Real Estate

"Commercial brokerage software which can be further customized to each organization."

What do you like best?

Apto team and support continuously update and add features to the software as necessary. Many features available, software specifically tailored to CRE.

What do you dislike?

High level of customization sometimes leads to difficulties in setting up reports that should be easy to configure. There have been several bugs in certain modules including deal booking and commissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the preeminent CRE software for brokers and is the most complete solution.

Web based software allows entire organization to collaborate and find relationships which would otherwise go unnoticed. Ability for team to update contacts simultaneously allows for live information to be available.

"My Experience"

What do you like best?

Easily to set up the reminder, that's the most important for me.

What do you dislike?

Fill out the field by putting information requires much time, therefore the price is a little bit high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apto is very helpfull as soon as you get use of it, so you will realize it is the one of the best.

I'm working for Leads Pro Realty, we used this software to make record for the leads (Clients) and set up appointment for them by using the reminder to remind us when the leads have appointment.

Apto review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Use Apto as my CRM, sales tracking software"

What do you like best?

ease of use. Keeps track of calls made, can easily make notes after each and have contacts for each company all in one place. also can use on the go with iPhone app.

What do you dislike?

Inputting the data is a tedious task. People in our organization are still concerned over transparency and have not fully utilized it to its potential

Easily track my book of business. Benefits are huge as all cloud based, automatically updating and accessible from anywhere

User in Commercial Real Estate

"Apto is too complicated"

What do you like best?

I like that all of my coworkers can register their clients so everyone can see and to avoid stepping on eachother's toes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how complicated and long everything takes. You have to enter a company name, then a contact, then a pursuit.... I wish I could just do that all at the same time.

I am trying to keep track of all of my phone calls that I have made, all the emails I have sent and all the meetings/ conference calls I have coming up. Scheduling a meeting in Apto and having it linked to my email was a major benefit for me as it just made my life a whole lot easier.

Apto review by Administrator

"Essential for Commercial Real Estate"

What do you like best?

Apto tailors our CRM to our specific business niche.

What do you dislike?

May need 3rd party apps instead of native apps for certain functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an investment in making your business better!

All-in-one CRM.

"Apto"

What do you like best?

The accounting software and CRM. The accounting software that we use is very well This also links with other websites

What do you dislike?

The CRM takes extra steps to add contacts. When adding contacts you have to add the company in first and then the contact and address

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give 4 months to implement ot

Accounting works really well

"Good but not seamless"

What do you like best?

The platform can capture many details and pieces of information. Also can be linked to your phone.

What do you dislike?

The product is not customizable enough so a user can mold it to his or her individual needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve and it takes time but it is a good product.

It is a solid CRM for real estate. The benefit is facing information organized in an efficient manner.

Apto review by Jonathan R.
Jonathan R.

"Great for Real Estate"

What do you like best?

basic and useful. I like how you are able to track your clients easily.

What do you dislike?

some of the custom objects are hard to integrate with Marketo but overall its a good app. Needs more improvement but it always grows

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clean data before migrating

tracking the pass through

Apto review by Greg R.
Greg R.

"I really enjoy working within the software, it's very user friendly. "

What do you like best?

The software is very user friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Some of the fields could be updated to make it more use able for different service lines.

I'm able to see who has worked with whom at different companies. Which makes it easier to make calls.

"Apto review"

What do you like best?

integration with email and phone systems

What do you dislike?

lack of ease when entering comp information

Recommendations to others considering the product

dont give up

cold calling is much more efficient. able to keep all info in one place for ease of access and see when colleagues are contacting people you work with.

Apto review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Needs work. "

What do you like best?

The marketing of the product, which it failed to live up to.

What do you dislike?

Bad customer service. Did not work as advertised.

Commercial real estate agent.

User in Commercial Real Estate

"We use it daily as our primary crm is "

What do you like best?

Taylored to CRE industry. Stacking charts are good.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to data mine. support is limited. Original design structure is Mickey Mouse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any application it has its limitations we feel as though we are using 10% of its power.

Tracking real estate information. Contact manager,

"Apto Review "

What do you like best?

I'd say the simplicity of use is the biggest benefit.

What do you dislike?

some incapabilities to synchronize with other systems

database management.

Learning about Apto?

* We monitor all Apto reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.