ArcGIS Earth

ArcGIS Earth is a simple, lightweight, easy-to-use desktop application that allows you to display and explore a variety of 3D and 2D map data for any part of the world.

Work for ArcGIS Earth?

Learning about ArcGIS Earth?

Categories

ArcGIS Earth Reviews

Showing 13 ArcGIS Earth reviews
ArcGIS Earth review by Chael C.
Chael C.

"Best tool for Mapping Users "

What do you like best?

This Esri tool can help you to see a place or location with a great detail and as a professional in geography study area is an advantage for the time to create or edit a map using layers to explain the process, you can check all the Esri information just like using the variety of historic maps they have in their base service.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the programm is slower when you need to use much data or layers and that can be stressfull if you have a timetable for your projects. If someone who doesn´t know about all the Esri enviroments should just use othe programms to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a great option if you have work with others Esri products and if the company works for in minimize the problems increasing the capacity to handle big data when you work in some projects.

I have a great experience using this programm in collegue and right now in my job for mapping the streets and households, mapping out the land parcels locations in rural towns, adjust overlap zones and have a basemap and I can save this database with the Esri online service.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ArcGIS Earth
ArcGIS Earth review by Jonathan Y.
Jonathan Y.

"Great tool for maps"

What do you like best?

I really like how you can use the gps to get detailed information. I am able to zoom into a map and measure area or distance. I am also able to get a variety of maps like topo maps or even maps showing specific areas for specific reasons.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the gps function is not always accurate. Sometimes, I have asked it to find me and it will be hundreds of meters off. Also, it doesn't always stay loaded to the map that I want. Sometimes I will open it backup and it will have all reloaded and I need to find the map again that I was using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would spend some time getting to know the program. There are some features that take a little work to be comfortable using.

I like to use the app for finding land that I can access. There are some great maps that show where I can find the stuff I am looking for. When I take people out for networking, I am able to bring them to those places as well. It can really make my job easier.

What GIS solution do you use?

ArcGIS Earth review by User

"Software is very good for usage, comfortable to opertae and easy to understand"

What do you like best?

Visual capacity for maps is amazing and fascinating. We can create maps easily and easy to learn as well.

Firstly, the support. No GIS software comes with as much support online, from other users, through esri directly, or in school. This is the software taught in schools, and is what every industry uses. Also, once you have an active account, you have access to the most robust web mapping API on the market. This claim could probably be challenged, but I haven't seen anything that provides such a low barrier to entry that also allows for deep customization through the Java API.

What do you dislike?

Cant handle big data, gets too slow with that data. You have to work with python to diminish that downside. Also it s having problems competing with other data based startups in terms of mapping tools.

The price. This software is not cheap, especially for a small business. Additionally, the newest version, ArcGIS Pro, is still a bit buggy and can lag, but it's getting better. The software isn't necessarily intuitive. I spent several years learning and using it in the university. That being said, ArcGIS Pro is trying to make it more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The problem is somehow product needs to increase its capacity to handle big data in different ways, some startups are moving forward while ESRI is struggling with that. If you re dealing with huge chucks of data, i suggest you look other options.

This is the standard. I would only recommend something else if you have no money and must have a free GIS software suite. Otherwise, there shouldn't be any question. If you are going to learn GIS, learn the one that every employer is looking for in a GIS analyst.

We use ArcGIS to locate and map client assets that they themselves may not know where it is We also use ArcGIS for content creation for use in a Google Maps environment.

ArcGIS a contribuido a mejorar los niveles de atención de nuestra empresa, dado que conocemos la procedencia de la personas ello nos ha permitido ampliar nuestro mercado hacia lugares donde proviene la mayor cantidad de compradores y hacer más placentera y cercana la oportunidad de conseguir el libro de su preferencia. Todo esto se ha realizado cruzando datos espaciales con registros administrativos que en conjunto contribuyen a entender mejor la relación entre empresa y consumidor.

ArcGIS Earth review by User

"A good application to see ESRI data"

What do you like best?

I like the finding data is more practical because it offers direct access to services, not only IMS but also WMS data and ESRI Arcweb services ... in Google Earth is not so simple and we must wait for Mr. Google to fancy integrating layers. Historical maps are very practical and educational although they would do well to show shortcuts to other web services.

What do you dislike?

An excessive consumption of resources. This may be improved later, ArcGIS Explorer consumes a lot, a machine with little memory or a very loaded system can hang up in a few minutes. I also think that it has little coverage of high resolution images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can run more GIS routines, such as thematic maps, 3D, printing and those metrics that ArcGIS Explorer 3x was already doing, routines for which GoogleEarth is not yet ready, and which is not its emphasis when considering a cartographic web while ArcGIS Explorer It is a spatial data viewer

We were able to create our own base maps and services with Arcgis and other Esri client applications and visualize everything within our organization very easily and quickly

ArcGIS Earth review by Sarah I.
Sarah I.

"ArchGis Earth- Great Future for the Product"

What do you like best?

The accuracy of the program is great and works well for what it is made for.

What do you dislike?

The program has the ability to interconnect with other online platforms and is missing some of the easier connections and uses it could have.

I’m using archGis Earth to story tell and communicate better with coworkers and employers. It has a great platform to show information

ArcGIS Earth review by J C.
J C.

"Very Useful for Crunching Data"

What do you like best?

Easy to use to manipulate data sets with respect to geospatial data. Easy to show/hide/add/remove various layers to show exactly what you want and to identify missing data points.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software is slow when loading large data sets or those with multiple layers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No recommendations. Definitely try out the product though.

Allows the ability to easily export and share.

ArcGIS Earth review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to tie all of our data sets across departments into a central location. I love the ability to provide both internal and external portals to allow the public to self serve selected data sets.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better way to formalize fields and create consistency across organizations to increase collaboration.

Increasing access to information. I have found information is more accessible then ever. Allowing our employees access to the data is crucial for improving efficiencies.

ArcGIS Earth review by User

"Powerful mapping and cartography tool for professional deliverables"

What do you like best?

Ability to sketch map features and polygons, measure distances, and work with kml files.

What do you dislike?

Annotation features could be more fully featured with more customization options. Options to snap annotations to map features would also be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recoo

Correlating client site planning and existing site features for development planning.

ArcGIS Earth review by Terrence M.
Terrence M.

"ArcGIS Earth Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, visualization capabilities, navigation.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, this product does everything I need it to.

Visualization of energy requirements and use scenarios. Local and global scenario visulaization.

ArcGIS Earth review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Simple to use GIS software"

What do you like best?

I think this software is very user friendly

What do you dislike?

In order to be able to use this software effectively you’ll need a server with a large amount of processing power. Unfortunately because of the lager database this program can run slow which can be quite frustrating

Mapping out land parcel locations. This is very effective since sometimes other softwares have incorrect coordinates

ArcGIS Earth review by User

"good but sometimes tricky"

What do you like best?

I like that you can export data easily, it makes it easier to share with colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that merging two different shapefiles is difficult because the program turns off easily, during the process.

we are graphing the location of public utilities for my division

ArcGIS Earth review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Intern"

What do you like best?

Ease of making a blueprint of a particular area

What do you dislike?

Small intricacies are hard to do in the blueprint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to simplify things.

Make Esri charts of a particular area.

ArcGIS Earth review by Administrator

"The Go-to GIS Product"

What do you like best?

The product compatible with data sources.

What do you dislike?

The price of the product is high and requires different extensions to fulfill the project requirements.

We plot worksites location in ArcGIS Earth.

Learning about ArcGIS Earth?

* We monitor all ArcGIS Earth reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories