What do you like best?
- One software to keep everything together
- its fun to use the software, cause it feels comfortable to use
- Easy handling if you once understand the concept
- every state of a project can be done in Archicad
- file back up is genius
- teamwork is a very nice system
- full bim support
- speeding up every project
- drawing publisher is super fast
- ifc support
- interoperability with other software is very high (3dsmax, rhino, sketchup, solibri etc.)
- grasshopper connection
- good community, there is always someone from Graphisoft answering or solving the important question
- education program
- good Windows and macOS software
- linking of all drawing is working very good
What do you dislike?
- GDL is an uncommon language to program things
- some tools need to be rethought cause the concept behind them is oldschool
- interoperatibility with renderengines
- colorless interface; hard to manage with big projects
- layer manager is very rudimentary
- to many concepts for the tools; most of the tools are working in its own way
- shortcuts had to be rethought too
Recommendations to others considering the product
Overall its the best software we have seen for a long time.
Its working, its helping and is solving problems.
Just give it a try. You would be amazed by the outcomes.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We can solve a whole project in our office with one software in a enormous speed. In 2D and 3D at the same time. We start from the first phase of gathering information in 2D then we go for the first design in 2D and 3D and then we end with facility management, every thing is in one piece of software, which is very good. No matter how big the project is, from resident architecture in small scale and big scale to industry buildings. Even redevelopment is easy to do in Archicad.
The speed of Archicad is very good and the concept of the software is overall genius but it also has its idiosyncrasies which sometimes can be annoying because it feels like the solution would be so easy, just do it.