Arcserve

Arcserve is a next generation data protection solution for virtual and physical environments.

Work for Arcserve?

Learning about Arcserve?

Arcserve Reviews

Showing 15 Arcserve reviews
Arcserve review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Fresh new Look and All around Solution! "

What do you like best?

I have been in the industry over 14 years now and I have seen many backup solutions over those years, many of them increasingly getting more complex to use, as they started out simple and then add features over time. When new features are added, there is no change in the management interface. They just keep on bolting on features to create a monster solution. This all results in backups that are not properly configured or even worse - not planned out according to company SLA’s. So now you're dealing with confused staff not knowing how to use it - which results in potential panic attacks when disasters strike.

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't the easiest to get your head around but once you have it's easy enough and the reliability means you're not needing to use the UI every day anyway.

I have not found any issues for concern with their support and they have always been able to assist when requested.

When I used Arcserve UDP for the first time I was pleasantly surprised to see a an easy to use console which I thought was built with the future in mind. With a traditional backup solution you create a backup job, add nodes and select your destination and schedule. If you than want to add additional tasks you have to create another job or even use another product. With Arcserve UDP you can use a plan, and each plan is like a workflow. It contains a set of tasks which you can define.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Arcserve
Arcserve review by Samuel L.
Samuel L.

"A Good backup software"

What do you like best?

The features that we like the best is the Deduplication. We also use the encryption on tape.

The support is really responsive when we need it.

It's easy to recover files from the server and from Tapes. The hierarchical system help our admin a lot.

What do you dislike?

The tape management is really a step back. We cannot release tape when some other tape is in the writing slot. It's a pain.

The interface is easy to use, but there is some menu that are really hard to find. I would like a more of a wizard approach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good option, but consider other before making a purchase.

We needed a software who can to deduplication on server.

What Backup solution do you use?

Arcserve review by Tommy B.
Tommy B.

"Very stable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I backup lot of terabytes of files on many different servers. ArcServe can backup open files, with deduplication and a lot of high level features.

I also backup Exchange Server in a Failover Cluster. I like how easy it is to add a new cluster to the backup jobs. I can tell ArcServe to backup using the passive nodes, helping the active nodes performance. You can backup and restore from database to emails, very granular when correctly configured.

I backup System State and Bare Metal servers that I can restore easily inside of VMs.

I backup to disk, disk to Tape, with many different jobs configuration and schedule based on the data to backup.

What do you dislike?

I had many issues with my SQL Backup, not clearing the transaction logs. My servers were full, and using my previous backup solution, I didn't see it coming. Was disappointed.

I have a lot of coredump for no reason, and ArcServe won't clean it. It fills my hosts.

The UI is old, and can be buggy or hard to understand. Finding logs or errors can be hard sometimes, understanding what went wrong and what worked.

Make ups jobs are messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new version is very nice! It is worth a trial, at least.

I always like to say that the Backup is more important than the data, because if someone overwrite or delete a file by mistake, you can restore using the backup, but if someone brake the backup, you are in big trouble!

Arcserve review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"Solid Tape Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

In our evaluation, Arcserve Backup outperformed every other tape backup solution we tested. It completed backup jobs 20-30% faster than our other candidates

What do you dislike?

Licensing is not straightforward, and required a couple of tickets to get sorted out

Offsite cold backup of our data

Arcserve review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great features in a very difficult administration console"

What do you like best?

It works just as easy on physical or virtual machines, talking directly to the hipervisor.

What do you dislike?

The administration console is terrible, not intuitive at all. You must understand all the terms and relations between them before trying to configura a simple backup job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Licensing is very simple, and pricing is not so bad. Has all the features but the admin console needs some getting used to, if you pass that point, the software is very mature and stable. Very compatible even with legacy systems.

It's a great tool for all enviroments, physical, virtual or cloud. A single console (though not very friendly) to work on all systems.

Arcserve review by Young Soo K.
Young Soo K.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and simple to understand. I like that it is not complicated

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes for now. I like everything about the the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that trial length to be longer than just a month.

I like to have everything in one place and using this service to backup important materials is perfect for my business.

Arcserve review by Alexander G.
Alexander G.

"Good backup product"

What do you like best?

The linux like GUI, being able to restore files quite easily whether it's by virtual or physical tape backups.

What do you dislike?

The outdated looking GUI, have had several issues communicating with agent to client.

Restoring files that are required by the federal government by using Arc Serve.

Arcserve review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"A next generation unified architecture and an easy to use console"

What do you like best?

It is reliable and works as advertised. I know each night I'm going to get 100% good backups unless I've done something like reboot a server mid-backup.

What do you dislike?

My only real complaint is that during deployment a lot of the SOP and best practices weren't in deployment guides. They only had the cut and dry basics and for our large, multi-site environment I could have used some better knowledge up front.

Backup

Arcserve review by Kevin Z.
Kevin Z.

"I have used ARCserve for many years for offsite storage"

What do you like best?

ARCserve is a good product for backup purposes. Many clients that are still using tape backups use this software as their backup of choice. If works great and is reliable.

What do you dislike?

Some of the older versions of the software had issues backing up to a USB drive.

Using ARCserve solves the issue of losing data. We recommend having multiple backups in place and ARCserve is just one of many that we use.

Arcserve review by Eudald V.
Eudald V.

"Good protection of my software"

What do you like best?

I like their efficiency and proactivity on any request we have.

What do you dislike?

They don't offer their services for all the technologies

Some backup and security issues

Arcserve review by Santhi Sushma K.
Santhi Sushma K.

"Best product and serves the need"

What do you like best?

I like the inteeraction of tool and ease of use

What do you dislike?

Certain debugging features are yet to be introduced

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best tool for beginners

Front end developement

Arcserve review by User

"my review of arcserve"

What do you like best?

the central manager is a plus compared with other competing products. the interface is clean and with a fws clicks you find all the information you need.

What do you dislike?

actually if it can supports more platforms, especially Zos it would be great.

use it for data protection.

Arcserve review by Vincent C.
Vincent C.

"Great Backup Software"

What do you like best?

Best backup if you still use tape backup systems.

What do you dislike?

The options for addins can get very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you purchase the correct plugins for you network.

Provide a reliable backup solution for computer networks.

Arcserve review by Consultant

"Best backup or not..."

What do you like best?

Speed of backup

Encrypted backups.

Ease of use

Good support and help

What do you dislike?

Backus seem larger than other backup tools.

Would like to see backup details, size, how long it took. etc

Can I compress backup easily?

Secure encrypted backups

Arcserve review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Arcserve Backup Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very stable software with great history

What do you dislike?

Complicated to setup, time consuming to maintain and monitor.

Backup solution.

Learning about Arcserve?

* We monitor all Arcserve reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.