Arcserve

Arcserve is a next generation data protection solution for virtual and physical environments.

Work for Arcserve?
Druva insync  qos  2x

Learning about Arcserve?

Arcserve Reviews

Showing 10 Arcserve reviews
Arcserve review by <span>Samuel L.</span>
Samuel L.

A Good backup software

What do you like best?

The features that we like the best is the Deduplication. We also use the encryption on tape.

The support is really responsive when we need it.

It's easy to recover files from the server and from Tapes. The hierarchical system help our admin a lot.

What do you dislike?

The tape management is really a step back. We cannot release tape when some other tape is in the writing slot. It's a pain.

The interface is easy to use, but there is some menu that are really hard to find. I would like a more of a wizard approach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good option, but consider other before making a purchase.

We needed a software who can to deduplication on server.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Arcserve
Arcserve review by <span>Tommy B.</span>
Tommy B.

Very stable and easy to use

What do you like best?

I backup lot of terabytes of files on many different servers. ArcServe can backup open files, with deduplication and a lot of high level features.

I also backup Exchange Server in a Failover Cluster. I like how easy it is to add a new cluster to the backup jobs. I can tell ArcServe to backup using the passive nodes, helping the active nodes performance. You can backup and restore from database to emails, very granular when correctly configured.

I backup System State and Bare Metal servers that I can restore easily inside of VMs.

I backup to disk, disk to Tape, with many different jobs configuration and schedule based on the data to backup.

What do you dislike?

I had many issues with my SQL Backup, not clearing the transaction logs. My servers were full, and using my previous backup solution, I didn't see it coming. Was disappointed.

I have a lot of coredump for no reason, and ArcServe won't clean it. It fills my hosts.

The UI is old, and can be buggy or hard to understand. Finding logs or errors can be hard sometimes, understanding what went wrong and what worked.

Make ups jobs are messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new version is very nice! It is worth a trial, at least.

I always like to say that the Backup is more important than the data, because if someone overwrite or delete a file by mistake, you can restore using the backup, but if someone brake the backup, you are in big trouble!

What Backup solution do you use?

Arcserve review by <span>Aaron M.</span>
Aaron M.

Solid Tape Backup Solution

What do you like best?

In our evaluation, Arcserve Backup outperformed every other tape backup solution we tested. It completed backup jobs 20-30% faster than our other candidates

What do you dislike?

Licensing is not straightforward, and required a couple of tickets to get sorted out

Offsite cold backup of our data

Arcserve review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

Great features in a very difficult administration console

What do you like best?

It works just as easy on physical or virtual machines, talking directly to the hipervisor.

What do you dislike?

The administration console is terrible, not intuitive at all. You must understand all the terms and relations between them before trying to configura a simple backup job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Licensing is very simple, and pricing is not so bad. Has all the features but the admin console needs some getting used to, if you pass that point, the software is very mature and stable. Very compatible even with legacy systems.

It's a great tool for all enviroments, physical, virtual or cloud. A single console (though not very friendly) to work on all systems.

Arcserve review by <span>Young Soo K.</span>
Young Soo K.

easy to use

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and simple to understand. I like that it is not complicated

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes for now. I like everything about the the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that trial length to be longer than just a month.

I like to have everything in one place and using this service to backup important materials is perfect for my business.

Arcserve review by <span>Alexander G.</span>
Alexander G.

Good backup product

What do you like best?

The linux like GUI, being able to restore files quite easily whether it's by virtual or physical tape backups.

What do you dislike?

The outdated looking GUI, have had several issues communicating with agent to client.

Restoring files that are required by the federal government by using Arc Serve.

Learning about Arcserve?

* We monitor all Arcserve reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.