Ariba

Spend Management, Invoice Management, Payment Management, and Contract Management Software.

Work for Ariba?

Learning about Ariba?

Ariba Reviews

Showing 58 Ariba reviews
Ariba review by Kelleyann M.
Kelleyann M.

"the start of POS/inventory systems streamlining to GFF"

What do you like best?

I like how the orders can be placed online and then once received, the final invoice is sent instead of being mailed, leaving the possibility of being lost or misplaced a step towards becoming more eco-friendly and efficient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the ordering, receiving, and paying processes seems micromanaged and at times difficult to follow, especially when there are multiple parties ordering and receiving. It isn't very consistent when auto generating emails when orders are received so sometimes I don't get a confirmation until days later, after the cutoff for accruals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Searches for invoices can get especially confusing because there are multiple people attached to the order who approve/receive invoice.

It is much easier for accruals to be planned/budgeted for. Also, if I have any questions about the orders, I can track who placed the order so I can follow up with them if there are any questions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ariba
Ariba review by Melissa E.
Melissa E.

"Good software for accounts payable and procurement"

What do you like best?

I like Ariba because it's as simple or detailed as you make it. You can view basic information of an invoice or you can click in to different subsections to get details.

What do you dislike?

It's not a very intuitive software. It does take some time to learn how to use the system, especially when incorporating procure to pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software to invest in. Make sure you take advantage of any training resources Ariba offers.

It's a great one stop software to get information on invoices, their approval flow, and the coding of the invoice. It's easy to track where the invoice is in your payment cycle. A nice benefit is getting your vendors set up electronically. It allows them to upload their invoices into your Ariba queue and avoid the hassle to sending and waiting on paper copies.

What Contract Management solution do you use?

Ariba review by Adriana P.
Adriana P.

"eProcurement Specialist - Ariba Power User and trainer"

What do you like best?

I like the visibility of all transactions, the reporting features, how easy it is to remain compliant based on monetary release authority, as well as the fact that vendors can submit their own invoices against SOs.

Ariba is user-friendly for the most part. I have trained over 500 external users and they don't face many problems. After submitting a couple of invoices they feel pretty confident.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that escalation rules are based on partition instead of Business Unit rules.

I wish we could open different tabs in Ariba instead of having to create a new session if we want to multi-task without leaving the screen we are working on.

I wish the ERP Push errors were more clear. Sometimes they make no sense to the common user, forcing the business to rely on ePHelp Desk more than they should.

Ariba has a lot of compatibility issues with browsers and many times I had to ask external users to either switch browsers or adjust their compatibility preferences.

I wish we could approve transactions through mobile phone (unless this is a limitation that my company imposes).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before implementing, do a complete assess of the local business requirements to ensure that you enable all the necessary fields. At the same time, avoid many customizations, which may become a complexity when it's time to update the system versions.

We moved vendors who used to submit invoices to be entered in SAP by us, instead now they are Ariba Full engaged and they can enter their own invoices, taking this work off our hands and at the same time allowing them to have full control of their timing. It's a win-win.

I have facilitated the implementation of Ariba in other countries that moved from a totally manual process now to completely online. With Ariba there is no need to save paper documents for audits. Auditors have access to the system and all supporting documentation can be attached to transactions.

Ariba review by Gary G.
Gary G.

"Great progressive company"

What do you like best?

The work Ariba have done on the interface makes it all very easy to navigate and the inline help system is a wonderful addition for assisting our global users with how to do things.

There is great flexibility in the workflows, but remember it is the Buyer who defines the rules of engagement so understanding that is key.

In addition, if you do contact support I have to say the team is world class and stay with you until your problem is solved.

What do you dislike?

At certain times of the day the system runs slow making it slightly frustrating to use, there could do with more alignment for companies that have master accounts with child accounts when it comes to reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research, and ensure you have the correct engagements within your business and the client/supplier you are working with.

From the seller point you get the PO's you may not have always got before as the requisition process is initiated from the Buyer side making it a lot cleaner. Flipping PO's to invoices makes chasing aged debt a thing of the past.

Ariba review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"My 2 cents on Ariba"

What do you like best?

There is a little bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it was by far the easiest and most robust system I have used.

What do you dislike?

In my particular organization it is integrated with SAP. Sometimes when changes are made in SAP the change in Ariba isn't instantaneous, you have to wait a few hours for the systems to sync up to each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked in other organizations that use other systems. Chevron is the first employer I have used that utilizes ariba. I thought it was kind of unique to the gas and oil industry, but the longer I have worked with it, I am realizing that maybe not.

I can't comment on pricing and terms of ariba as it is taken care of by my organization and I don't know what to compare it too.

It is a good place to store all contract records enterprise wide. It makes it so I don't have to call multiple people to find a particular file.

Ariba review by Cristina P.
Cristina P.

"Ariba - from the user's side"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and understand. It makes managing the approval of invoices really easy.

What do you dislike?

finding past invoices is not as easy as it should be. The interface is not very user friendly and it seems it still needs work on finding the right information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've worked with other account management and procurement systems, and Ariba is one of the easiest I've worked with. It's easy to learn and users can easily understand and work on it, without extensive training.

the follow up notifications help managers not miss the key dates to approve invoices, which allows the company to keep the payment timelines on time. The system is easy enough to not need a very comprehensive training, so onboarding of the system is really easy.

Ariba review by Vera M.
Vera M.

"Ariba"

What do you like best?

Ariba is great in the sense that it combines so many features in the same spot - purchasing, vendor maintenance needs, accounts payable, travel and time sheets. Quick links are super convenient and it keeps great history of everything you did. Search function is very detailed as well.

What do you dislike?

Ariba is slow at times and it logs you out in the middle of something. And even though it saves what you were doing, it's annoying that you have to log in again. In purchasing section some catalogs are linked not directly so it takes a bit longer to get to punch-out catalogs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall it is a good system once you learn all the links and shortcuts even though it is not the fastest - it is convenient.

purchasing, vendor maintenance needs, accounts payable, travel and time sheets.

"Procurement and Ariba"

What do you like best?

It's storage facility and reporting for contracts. I have had experience of setting the fields up for the data to be recorded in the form as you enter the details of the contract. For example the term dates, value, category in which the spend sits. I enter a lot of forms and upload the corresponding contracts. I like the fact that it reminds you when the contract is coming to an end so that you can seek stakeholder feedback to give to the suppliers. Once entered the reporting dashboard can be set up to produce a record of all live contracts with the information from the form. Quality checks can be done to ensure everyone is entering the same required data fields. It is excellent for transparency and maintaining quality data.

What do you dislike?

The disconnect between tasks and documents in projects for contract management and project management. Firstly when managing a supplier of 'A' status why is CM and PM different, these could be set up under the one project. When recording documents such as meeting minutes, risk logs etc. these are uploaded to Documents and then the Task is a different tab (I often duplicate the upload in the comments of the Task). This should be combined in some way. The templates assigned to a Task that have to be downloaded, completed and re-uploaded feel incredibly frustrating when you are working to deadlines and with increasing volumes of work..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ariba is a sophisticated tool for engaging, managing and recording supplier interactions for one central system. Should you select Ariba it would be worth using your network to understand how others use the tool. I have used it in two companies and both have been different in their level of engagement. I would recommend all the modules, tendering, supplier management, contract database and MI. The set up and abilitiy to change are important. However, making step changes changes to the forms and process make the MI data less consistent. It takes time to set it up and I do not think it is possible to get it right first time. Beware of over complicating.

The business problems I deal with are often related to engaging consultants to assist with a wide variety of business topics, from regulation, strategy, assurance, controls testing etc.

Ariba review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Resourceful but not exactly user friendly "

What do you like best?

The variety of functions to choose from is great! comes in handy as I am able to process check requests, a time sheet and expenses all in the one program.

What do you dislike?

I think it deserves a more updated interface. Very outdated. Would love the option to customize it more as well.

Currently there are no business problems I am solving with Ariba. One of the benefits I've realized is that it is reliable! I love seeing that I can track the status or history of modifications of something. That definitely comes in handy.

Ariba review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Limited leads in my industry but great tool for suppliers to find buyers"

What do you like best?

Sort through industries and product categories to find RFIs. Buyers describe their specific leads and purchase volume so it's easy to find qualified leads. Submit the required payment for each lead to contact the boyer.

What do you dislike?

Cannot open multiple RFI pages in different tabs.

Emails from "supplier consultants" to remind me about RFI's expiring get annoying, they do not really curate to make sure they are in fact matching leads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't need to pay anything unless you decide to contact a lead, give it a try if you are selling B2B!

One channel to find buyers for my business. They may not be otherwise reached by facebook marketing, google adwords, direct mail, etc. This are concrete business leads.

Ariba review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Ariba allows me to order what I need from Office Depot for the office pretty easily"

What do you like best?

I like that when I order items payment is already set-up through the system so I don't have to worry about - I can order what I need quickly

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have trouble getting to the Office Depot website - I click on the icon and it takes me to a page with the website and when I click on the website sometimes it takes me to the site and I'm logged in and sometimes I'm not so I have to go back - I end up just clicking on all the links until one of them works!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish I knew more of what Ariba can do - for office supply ordering purposes it's pretty good

I just use Ariba to order office supplies for the Corporate Philanthropy department, I haven't used it for anything else yet

Ariba review by User in Higher Education

"Useful tool that simplifies purchasing"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of Ariba is the program's ability to condense various catalogs into one, easy to navigate portal. I also appreciate the platform's billing component. It is extremely simple to use various accounts, funds, and internal orders with Ariba's system.

What do you dislike?

At least at my organization, we have had several instances where the Ariba platform has crashed or is unavailable due to bugs and glitches. These problems are generally resolved within a business day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with this program as there is a learning period.

This program has helped to solve the problem of purchasing through various and differing vendor platforms by condensing multiple vendors into one, easy to use, easy to bill platform. We have realized the benefit of being able to track funds from initial requisition, through the approval process, and until the shipment is received.

Ariba review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Ariba the One solution for complete Procurement and vendor management tool"

What do you like best?

Ariba solution make it easier for enterprise to collaborate and effective work management. Installation requires no costly hardware or software as it's on cloud no software or hardware is required. Ariba helps business in driving compliance and easily managing vendors. Managing and saving contracts digital contract is awesome with cool features such as quick summary notes. Powerful search and reporting capabilities are very useful.

What do you dislike?

Ariba is sometime slow and there are many time downtime which effect business. Creating new modules is not easy and require training sessions. Ariba should integrate OCR contract reading for the scanned PDF contract documents.

Ariba Saas-integrated platform is helpful in managing the entire P2C and contract lifecycle for all the vendors.

Ariba review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Fatally clunky for suppliers"

What do you like best?

That it is online. that is it. It is still less convenient than most offline methods though due to the problems outlined below.

What do you dislike?

Every event (even during the same procurement process) requires you to register a new user

Most of the secure pages come from unsigned domains A MASSIVE security risk

The entire process is cryptic, it is unclear what is required by the customer and what is just ariba trying to get you to buy into their platform

There are 5-10 different places you can login with different landing pages. There tends to be only one you want

It is incumbent on suppliers to understand the ariba naming conventions for their own software

commonly used browser plugins break it

it doesn't work in all browsers

Internally we refer to the Arriba system as the "stone tablet and chisel system" because that's how advanced it feels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you have massively specific requirements, don't. Your suppliers will think less of you or worse yet simply avoid the hassle of working with it all together.

zero benefits in fact my company has chosen to exit procurement processes that use this system where the value to us is not extremely high.

Ariba review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Ariba Review from a System Admin"

What do you like best?

Every aspect of the system is configurable: from creating groups that allow different levels of user access to creating different types of purchases. My company owns several Ariba modules and when set up correctly, the flow between modules can be really great. I can set up a Contract Workspace that can be invoiced in P2P and then have the data categorized and captured in Spend Viz.

What do you dislike?

For end users who are not procurement minded, the tool is just not intuitive. I think the interface could be simpler, and it certainly doesn't help when you are training people who do not know an invoice from a PO. I have found that sometimes this can make the purchasing process very hands on from an system trainer/admin end: I often have to coach users (including suppliers) through every step of the buying process: requisition, approvals, receipt, invoicing, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely buy a chunk of hours with the best practice center. I regularly work with someone from the Ariba best practice center to iron issues with configuring invoice exceptions, tax configurations, approval flow processes. The tool is so powerful and there's so much to learn, it is great to sit down with someone know is super knowledgeable and has seen it all.

Ariba is used by the in-direct purchasing side of my company. We had no enforceable purchasing process prior to the implementation of Ariba, so having the system has greatly helped to drive compliance from business partners and has increased the amount of spend we can consider "managed." The tool has also giving my team a lot visibility to where the company is spending money that we previously did not have.

Ariba review by Steuart B.
Steuart B.

"A number of our clients use Ariba for their accounts payable and we submit invoices and receive POs "

What do you like best?

Simple tracking of POs, Invoices and the stage that they are in

electronic submission of invoices

visibility into pay dates

What do you dislike?

the search capabilities beyond the last 15-30 days is not intuitive

We were hoping for better visibility into our clients payment processes - we did get the visibility. We can view online rather than call in, making for a better and more accurate experience.

Ariba review by Upendra K.
Upendra K.

"Ariba CLM"

What do you like best?

Product has more features as compared to SAP CLM

What do you dislike?

Integration with SAP still uses .csv file based data transfers

Recommendations to others considering the product

The following points should be considered

1) No native integration with SAP... Ariba still users .csv file based integration with SAP for Master data

2) There is no direct integration with Taxware systems like Vertex

3) Entering Adhoc ship to address and determine the jursisdiction based on the address is not possible

Indirect Procurement

Ariba review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Good software for both buyers and suppliers"

What do you like best?

We use Ariba software with work done by our client, its so effective as it enables quick upload and there is a timer set aside that ensures you aware of the date your current bid is expiring. Enables easy upload of files. I also like the colorful background also also provides a good platform to communicate with clients and maintain world class market integrity.

What do you dislike?

For me its Difficulty in finding the compose message page when replying emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its really a good software for suppliers and market leaders in terms of quality, service, and cost.

Recruitment Bidding Process from Oil and Gas Clients

Ariba review by Julia G.
Julia G.

"Supply Chain Buyer Review"

What do you like best?

It was nice to have all vendors in one data base system (when performing vendor look-ups). It was also nice that system could send automatic reminders to vendors regarding supplier information update.

What do you dislike?

The initial set up was a pain. Buyers were chasing vendors to sign up for the program.

One source for current vendors and great way to mass communicate.

Ariba review by User in Motion Pictures and Film
User in Motion Pictures and Film

"Power software when used properly"

What do you like best?

Really love the customization of the software, but you definitely have to spend a lot of time figuring out the built in functionality and seeing what more you need. the scalability is nice and helps with the tracking. Definitely helps with managing cash flow and centralizes all the information we use on a day to day basis

What do you dislike?

There is quite a steep learning curve to learning how to use the software. There are just so many options and features when you first start out and is not very beginner friendly. It would be great if the company provided someone who could walk you through the basics and teach you the ins an outs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely seek someone with familiarity with using Ariba and seek their guidance when jumping in feet first!

Automated invoicing and centralized repository are the main benefits for us using Ariba.

Ariba review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"B2B Financial Software Experience"

What do you like best?

Can connect with other business to understand their value. Its useful for contract management.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit antiquated and some of the tools, while useful seem like they are embedded in a system that has not evolve quickly enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other services out there. In a large corporate environment you are sometimes stuck with what you are given. It does the job but do your due diligence to see what matters to you.

When we sign new contracts, this is part of the service we use

Ariba review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Ariba Procurement Heart"

What do you like best?

Single login

Great user interface

High Visibility and transparency

Ariba Discovery

Ariba Network

Clear Spend Visibility

Real time reporting capability after Hana platform

Options Easily Integrated with Your ERP and Back-office Systems

Secure and Reliable

What do you dislike?

As such I dont dislike anything but it will be useful if product can give more customization functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloud computing is the future and that's what this product deliver .

It reporting capability is quick and transparent as its sits on HANA platform.

No manual intervention

Plan procurement Pay

Supplier Collaboration

High Visibility and transparency

Ariba review by Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.

"Overall, Ariba is a useful P2P tool"

What do you like best?

User-friendly

Links between modules make sense

What do you dislike?

It has it's glitches and time when the system is down

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing specific comes to mind, other than the typical pre-planning that should be done between all affected departments of an organization to be consulted beforehand

Time-saving applications, especially while searching up contract information

Ariba review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Potential to change the way companies buy!"

What do you like best?

Automates the workflow of purchasing, Plan procurement Pay, Supplier Collaboration, Secure and Reliable, High Visibility and transparency, Clear Spend Visibility, Real time reporting capability after Hana platform,

Options Easily Integrated with Your ERP and Back-office Systems, Great user interface, Cost saving, No manual intervention

What do you dislike?

Limited usability, not being established and will require time to pick up market

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool has great potential and will be used more with time. Any company would like the transparency this tool provides. Time saving is an added plus point in various aspects.

Plan procurement Pay, No manual intervention, Supplier Collaboration

Ariba review by User in Research
User in Research

"Bad Product"

What do you like best?

OK if you are buying routine materials from repeat vendors

What do you dislike?

Cannot deal with custom orders, especially if they are new vendors or they require pre-payments. Buyers, approvers cannot make changes so needs to be rejected and go through the system again. We had to have IT come in and take the order off the system so it can be bought in a different manner

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use only for B2B applications. Not useful for occasional vendors or special/custom orders

Major delays in certain orders. For one special order what used to take a few days ended up taking months. Slowing down orders, and slowing down work because materials cannot be bought on time

Ariba review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"It's somewhat challenging and seamless when it works correctly"

What do you like best?

The navigation portal is user friendly. You can look up the updates for payment easily linked to a Purchase order and invoice.

What do you dislike?

The interfacing time between Ariba and SAP takes a long time. It's difficult to adapt to when trouble shooting because of a system bug or technical error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure proper testing before go live.

We are solving a better way to reconcile invoices to the PO. There are minimal stop pays through Ariba due to the exception option.

Ariba review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Not Impressed"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that everything is housed in one place. And I also like the Staples Office Supply interface.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that closing out your order can be a bit difficult. I can never find the place to input my FedEx account number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save items to your shopping list. It makes reordering much easier.

I've realized the benefit of letting a third party handle this process.

Ariba review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Contract Sourcing and Contract Repository"

What do you like best?

Ariba links with my corporate id so I do not need a seperate login.

What do you dislike?

RFP invitation emails do not include company logo.

Very clunky system that is sometimes hard time navigate.

My suppliers have all had issues accessing certain content.

Cannot mass upload suppliers with ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get supplier feedback from those who have interacted with it. Make sure your company has an Ariba support team that are expert users because mistakes will be made and are hard to correct.

Sourcing aircraft material. No benefits from using Ariba other than having all data stored within the system for reference later.

Ariba review by User

"Decent procurement software"

What do you like best?

Visibility and approval chain to move things forward.

What do you dislike?

Errors are not always clear and you have to dig in to find out why you got errors.

Easy implementation. Good PO system.

"Ariba is ugly"

What do you like best?

There is nothing I like about it. Our customer forced us to use it and I do not care for it.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to use, cumbersome, and slow. I hate the appearance of the site. It is hard to read and difficult to get into too.

I believe it supposed to provide billing easier. I do not know that end of it.

Ariba review by Brian W.
Brian W.

"Would never recommend Ariba to anyone"

What do you like best?

That its online..................................................

What do you dislike?

We've done multiple bids through the site for different customers. EVERY time there is an issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away

None. Wast of time

Ariba review by Martin S.
Martin S.

"Challenging software but not a lot else is better…"

What do you like best?

Procurement data in one place, high level dashboard showing global data

What do you dislike?

Cumbersome to use, difficult to navigate, slow.

Spend Data, Contract Management

Ariba review by CHITRA S.
CHITRA S.

"Ariba"

What do you like best?

Noting and it is not working what it suppose to be

What do you dislike?

Not able to go live with so many issues and business is not happy

Sue with ECC upgrade, looking data

Ariba review by MeenakshiSundaram R.
MeenakshiSundaram R.

"Ariba Integration with ERP"

What do you like best?

Ariba UI is good, mobilized, good look.

What do you dislike?

Having hard time in integration Ariba with ERP, SAP is working on CIG, hopefully this will be easier after that

Procure process is simplified

Ariba review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Submitting invoices for payment for a customer."

What do you like best?

The ease of navigating putting in invoices. Everything is clearly marked and it will let you know when you've missed something.

What do you dislike?

The freezing up. It will periodically freeze up and close out.

It has made it easier to track invoices to see what is keeping them from being paid.

Ariba review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Ariba Review"

What do you like best?

Fairly simple to use. Ariba is an intuitive application that does not require much training.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, I am not a frequent user but when I do I don't have an issue with it.

I have used Ariba for purchasing. It is a good tool to use for supplies.

Ariba review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Poor usability when used with little customization"

What do you like best?

It has built in functionality for most purchasing functions. So companies dont have to develop all of those features in their system.

Ariba definitely automates the workflow of purchasing.

What do you dislike?

The usability and customizability of the product is very very limited. From a user perspective it is very hard to use. If an organization intends to put up with the limitations of the UI , it probably is a good tool. Otherwise it could cause of lot of frustration in the user community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you have customized the user interface and the workflow to your business' needs to get the most value out of Ariba. Especially if you have a large user base then it will be more important to focus on this part. E mail notifications coming out of Ariba are also a critical aspect of the system. Ariba send out way too many e mails to users when they dont need to be notified. On the other hand, it sends too few e mails for the areas where they would like to be notified.

Automating purchasing and invoice receipt process. Majority of it is automated using Ariba. It has eliminated the need for e mail approvals etc.

"Ariba"

What do you like best?

Easily maintains payments and invoicing in one easy place

What do you dislike?

Search for previous procurement services can sometimes be tricky

Remibursements and paying vendors

Ariba review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Little experience regarding RFP's"

What do you like best?

The percentage of customers that we work with that use it

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we are notified of RFP's that are not suitable for what we do

Some clients it is mandatory that they buy through Ariba, so in order to do business with them we have to too

Ariba review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"We use Ariba as a supplier"

What do you like best?

I like that we can complete customer surveys without having to complete a spreadsheet and attach it to an email. It is much easier for starting and stopping completing questionnaires as well.

What do you dislike?

I think that sometimes the Ariba platform can be hard to navigate if you are not familiar or a daily user.

2nd tier supplier questionnaires

Ariba review by parthasarathy p.
parthasarathy p.

"Performance"

What do you like best?

Up time is good, cost effective and we got SAS model

What do you dislike?

Very slow some times and not designed properly

PO

"Ariba Review"

What do you like best?

Ariba is user-friendly for the most part. I have trained users and they don't face many problems. After submitting a couple of invoices they feel pretty confident.

What do you dislike?

Engaging consultants to assist with a wide variety of business topics, from regulation, strategy, assurance, controls testing etc.

Ariba review by Ashok K.
Ashok K.

"Ariba Limitations"

What do you like best?

Cloud offering for supplier on boarding and registration.

What do you dislike?

Lack of services procurement, field ticket capture

Complex services

"Ariba "

What do you like best?

Ariba has brought in lot of easiness in our purchasing process.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could get more reports and have an easy way to extract information to integrate with other home grown product

Procurement is outsourced so Ariba is our tool that we use to process all the orders

all information is centralized

Ariba review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Ariba Review"

What do you like best?

ease of use

tracking and procedures

access

What do you dislike?

approval flow sometimes to long

waiting on manual feed back approval

down time

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

accountability

keeping wholesalers aware of issues in over accounting expenses

automation of invoicing

Ariba review by Consultant

"Solutions Architect"

What do you like best?

The way it is helping end users to access vendor sites and ordering the items they want from SAP.

What do you dislike?

It is bit slow while accessing the information and calling to vendor websites

Managing the time where need to go store or need to go out of office server to access vendors websites

Ariba review by Harry R.
Harry R.

"Ariba Review "

What do you like best?

ease of use

tracking and procedures

access

What do you dislike?

approval flow sometimes to long

waiting on manual feed back approval

down time

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure users are trained and keep up on updates to system

accountability

keeping wholesalers aware of issues in over accounting expenses

Ariba review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Nice Interface, Slightly Limited"

What do you like best?

The interface on the system is beautiful. Buttons are easy to find and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The system feels limited. You can't save report templates or easily personalize the system to leverage specific analytics styles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure

We are using Ariba to gain better insight into our spend data. It allows us to identify suppliers with whom we need to restart negotiations with.

Ariba review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Takes getting use to"

What do you like best?

I like that it has multiple platforms for buyers and sellers that all connect together fairly easily.

What do you dislike?

It logs you out often and doesn't allow you to search for particular vendors with common names easily.

Ease of seeing your seller's info in multiple ways

Ariba review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"SAP Ariba for Indirect Procurement"

What do you like best?

SaaS Solution - out of the box standard processes, direct connect integration method for connecting PTP and master data processes

What do you dislike?

Middleware security, client testimonials are hard to find - those using direct connectivity

Non-PO buying and Spend Analytics, Contracts, Budget Checks...to name a few.

"a little clunky"

What do you like best?

I like how the system has everything in you need in once place. Ordering and paying all there.

What do you dislike?

It isn't always intuitive. If you don't use it every day it can be a little like relearning every time what you are doing. Some things only work in certain browsers.

Purchasing and payments

Ariba review by User

"Ariba one stop shop for Procurement needs"

What do you like best?

Simplified UI, Faster processing, and end to end integration of the procure to pay cycle

What do you dislike?

file transmission to SAP can be more realtime with on the fly purchase order replication in SAP

Recommendations to others considering the product

Procurement and it provides benefits of better product catlogue

Ariba review by User in Computer Software

"Scalable automation of payment"

What do you like best?

Really easy trail/record keeping makes looking up current or historical budgets easy

What do you dislike?

Inputs of budgets are still slow and highly manual

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a significant amount of billing, spreadsheets aren't going to cut it.

Need to manage huge number of vendors and get them all paid in a timely fashion

"Ariba"

What do you like best?

Document storage and searching capability which allows our users easy access to legacy contracts

What do you dislike?

Clunky interface and lack of integration with OCR system

Ingestion of legacy contracts in jpg or pdf format

"Streamline procurement process"

What do you like best?

Automation and web based app

Mobile app for approvals

What do you dislike?

Native integration with SAP & Successfactors could be better

Streamline procurement and faster turnaround with vendor invoicing

Ariba review by Consultant

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

interface and ease of use and appearance

What do you dislike?

nothing to dislike. it's easy to train other users too

procurement function speed increased with improved accuracy

Ariba review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"good for replace SRM"

What do you like best?

Subscription base service .... reduce the cost of owenership

What do you dislike?

, operation is running smoothwe don't have any challenges currently

N/A

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

user friendly, easy to figure out, provides information

What do you dislike?

sometimes is slow moving, difficult to change data inputs

running reports

Learning about Ariba?

* We monitor all Ariba reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.