Ariba

Spend Management, Invoice Management, Payment Management, and Contract Management Software.

Work for Ariba?
Springcm review 2x.png

Learning about Ariba?

Ariba Reviews

Showing 54 Ariba reviews
Ariba review by <span>Melissa E.</span>
Melissa E.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like Ariba because it's as simple or detailed as you make it. You can view basic information of an invoice or you can click in to different subsections to get details.

What do you dislike?

It's not a very intuitive software. It does take some time to learn how to use the system, especially when incorporating procure to pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software to invest in. Make sure you take advantage of any training resources Ariba offers.

It's a great one stop software to get information on invoices, their approval flow, and the coding of the invoice. It's easy to track where the invoice is in your payment cycle. A nice benefit is getting your vendors set up electronically. It allows them to upload their invoices into your Ariba queue and avoid the hassle to sending and waiting on paper copies.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ariba
Ariba review by <span>Adriana P.</span>
Adriana P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the visibility of all transactions, the reporting features, how easy it is to remain compliant based on monetary release authority, as well as the fact that vendors can submit their own invoices against SOs.

Ariba is user-friendly for the most part. I have trained over 500 external users and they don't face many problems. After submitting a couple of invoices they feel pretty confident.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that escalation rules are based on partition instead of Business Unit rules.

I wish we could open different tabs in Ariba instead of having to create a new session if we want to multi-task without leaving the screen we are working on.

I wish the ERP Push errors were more clear. Sometimes they make no sense to the common user, forcing the business to rely on ePHelp Desk more than they should.

Ariba has a lot of compatibility issues with browsers and many times I had to ask external users to either switch browsers or adjust their compatibility preferences.

I wish we could approve transactions through mobile phone (unless this is a limitation that my company imposes).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before implementing, do a complete assess of the local business requirements to ensure that you enable all the necessary fields. At the same time, avoid many customizations, which may become a complexity when it's time to update the system versions.

We moved vendors who used to submit invoices to be entered in SAP by us, instead now they are Ariba Full engaged and they can enter their own invoices, taking this work off our hands and at the same time allowing them to have full control of their timing. It's a win-win.

I have facilitated the implementation of Ariba in other countries that moved from a totally manual process now to completely online. With Ariba there is no need to save paper documents for audits. Auditors have access to the system and all supporting documentation can be attached to transactions.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Contract Management solution do you use?

Ariba review by <span>Gary G.</span>
Gary G.

Great progressive company

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The work Ariba have done on the interface makes it all very easy to navigate and the inline help system is a wonderful addition for assisting our global users with how to do things.

There is great flexibility in the workflows, but remember it is the Buyer who defines the rules of engagement so understanding that is key.

In addition, if you do contact support I have to say the team is world class and stay with you until your problem is solved.

What do you dislike?

At certain times of the day the system runs slow making it slightly frustrating to use, there could do with more alignment for companies that have master accounts with child accounts when it comes to reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research, and ensure you have the correct engagements within your business and the client/supplier you are working with.

From the seller point you get the PO's you may not have always got before as the requisition process is initiated from the Buyer side making it a lot cleaner. Flipping PO's to invoices makes chasing aged debt a thing of the past.

Ariba review by <span>Jeff W.</span>
Jeff W.

My 2 cents on Ariba

Validated Review
What do you like best?

There is a little bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it was by far the easiest and most robust system I have used.

What do you dislike?

In my particular organization it is integrated with SAP. Sometimes when changes are made in SAP the change in Ariba isn't instantaneous, you have to wait a few hours for the systems to sync up to each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked in other organizations that use other systems. Chevron is the first employer I have used that utilizes ariba. I thought it was kind of unique to the gas and oil industry, but the longer I have worked with it, I am realizing that maybe not.

I can't comment on pricing and terms of ariba as it is taken care of by my organization and I don't know what to compare it too.

It is a good place to store all contract records enterprise wide. It makes it so I don't have to call multiple people to find a particular file.

Ariba review by <span>Cristina P.</span>
Cristina P.
Validated Review

Ariba - from the user's side

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Very easy to use and understand. It makes managing the approval of invoices really easy.

What do you dislike?

finding past invoices is not as easy as it should be. The interface is not very user friendly and it seems it still needs work on finding the right information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've worked with other account management and procurement systems, and Ariba is one of the easiest I've worked with. It's easy to learn and users can easily understand and work on it, without extensive training.

the follow up notifications help managers not miss the key dates to approve invoices, which allows the company to keep the payment timelines on time. The system is easy enough to not need a very comprehensive training, so onboarding of the system is really easy.

Ariba review by <span>Vera M.</span>
Vera M.

Ariba

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Ariba is great in the sense that it combines so many features in the same spot - purchasing, vendor maintenance needs, accounts payable, travel and time sheets. Quick links are super convenient and it keeps great history of everything you did. Search function is very detailed as well.

What do you dislike?

Ariba is slow at times and it logs you out in the middle of something. And even though it saves what you were doing, it's annoying that you have to log in again. In purchasing section some catalogs are linked not directly so it takes a bit longer to get to punch-out catalogs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall it is a good system once you learn all the links and shortcuts even though it is not the fastest - it is convenient.

purchasing, vendor maintenance needs, accounts payable, travel and time sheets.

Learning about Ariba?

* We monitor all Ariba reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.