Articulate 360

Articulate 360 makes every aspect of e‑learning course development simpler, faster, and less expensive. Subscribe to Articulate 360 to get everything you need to complete your e‑learning projects, from start to finish.

Work for Articulate 360?
Thoughtindustries 2x

Learning about Articulate 360?

Articulate 360 Reviews

Ask Articulate 360 a Question
Showing 38 Articulate 360 reviews
Articulate 360 review by <span>Brad L.</span>
Brad L.

Easy to learn, good features, helpful community

What do you like best?

My favorite part of working with Articulate 360 is the access to the community of experts. Being able to ask questions, watch videos, and take part in webinars has been super helpful in getting familiar with the program. 360 is ideal because you can get Rise, Peek and others programs that will enhance your learner's experience.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the way certain features work. Some of the logic is a little confusing and sometimes certain minor features do not always work as intended once you publish your courses. I sometimes have to go in and delete and reapply features to make them work properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Articulate 360 seems to be one of the better programs for beginning users. It's easy to produce a quick course and push it out to users in limited time.

We use Articulate 360 as a training tool and orientation tool for new associates in about 1100 stores across North America. This allows all associates to be trained with the same material on the same processes, creating consistency with customer service, loss prevention, HR topics, and more.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Articulate 360
Articulate 360 review by <span>Jamie D.</span>
Jamie D.

Best eLearning Development Suite Available

What do you like best?

An entire eLearning suite at your finger tips. Mobile support has been refined in Storyline and redefined with Rise. Access to browser based development in Rise from any connected device. Articulate Review gives you the ability to share your project with colleagues before you publish to get feedback and make edits. The content library has a wide selection of stock images, videos and icons. Teams allows for the easy management of user license across the company. Updates are delivered seamlessly through the 360 launcher. Supports Tin Can/xAPI publishing.

What do you dislike?

The subscription pricing model was difficult to explain to the higher ups. It complicated the budget by having to account for an eLearning software license each year. As always, SCORM compatibility can be tricky... an update to Articulate or an update to the LMS can make things difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some may be scared away by the switch to a subscription pricing model. However, I believe Articulate has justified this with there expansive tool-set. The content library alone is worth several hundreds year year. You can rapidly design a responsive training module in minutes with Rise. This is one of the best additions to their previous offerings. Review makes it so easy to share your training with colleagues to comment on and make changes. It is solid from beginning to end.

We design the majority of eLearning in-house and we had been using Articulate Storyline 1 & 2 for several years. However, with the increased consumption of online learning using a mobile device, we were hoping Articulate would accommodate this... and they did. Articulate 360 is a complete suite of development tools that is fully mobile compatible. It allows us to expand our breath of design possibilities and create more engaging and effective content.

What Course Authoring solution do you use?

Articulate 360 review by <span>Luke D.</span>
Luke D.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

A good product with opportunities for budget savings.

What do you like best?

I think the best feature for me is the responsive authoring, in the past I have received multiple comments about not being able to read text on mobile devices, having this now responsive removes this issue, also being able to pinch zoom is a huge bonus!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, however I don't see much opportunity for me to use the Preso tool, I think you can get a much better product using Storyline as the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although there are some nice features in 360, the Storyline part is similar to SL2 just with some extra additions. If SL2 is working for you then maybe you don't need to switch yet, however I felt as a whole packate 360 offers a lot of what we were missing.

In the past I have received multiple comments about not being able to read text on mobile devices, having this now responsive removes this issue. Having the library has shown signs of reducing the graphics team involvement in development which is great on the budget, also time saving opportunities is in the storyboarding phase by simply taking images and asking for less bespoke options.

Articulate 360 review by <span>Ryan P.</span>
Ryan P.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Better than I could have ever imagined...

What do you like best?

Articulate has done it again with the release of Articulate 360. I love the addition of the Content Library, Rise, Peek, and Prezo, as well as the improvements made to Storyline 360, but my favorite feature is definitely Articulate Review-- Articulate's web-based content review tool. It is fast, hassle-free, and takes all of the guesswork out of the content review process (especially from a course versioning perspective).

What do you dislike?

It is hard to find something to dislike about Articulate 360, but if I were to offer two constructive suggestions, here's what I'd say:

1) Create tiered subscription models to allow users to save money by forgoing access to Studio 360 or Storyline 360 (if they prefer one or the other). These apps all work well together, but many of my eLearning colleagues prefer to use only one desktop app for all of their development needs. Consider offering one tier that only includes the Web tools ($500/year), one tier that includes Storyline OR Studio ($850/year), and one tier that includes all of the products ($1000/year).

2) Expand integrated support for Tin Can API within the entire suite of products to help move that technology forward. Adoption of Tin Can (or similar technologies) is critical for the future of the eLearning industry, but it's still not obvious how to send or receive statements to the LRS from within the Articulate suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait-- just jump. It's an incredible product at an incredible value.

I have one purpose at work-- to help remove barriers preventing the success of people in my organization. I look for pain, figure out why it exists, and develop strategies for mitigating that pain at the source.

I have been building eLearning for 4 years now, and my major goal has been to create learning solutions that actually deliver real results. Rather than asking the C-Suite what they want to teach employees, or what skills they think employees need to develop, I ask employees what kind of pain they are going through in their jobs. Many times, building a learning intervention is not the appropriate solution-- there is a breakdown of process or communication that should be addressed instead. But when the need for a learning intervention is identified, Articulate is the only software suite that I use to develop content.

Articulate 360 (and its predecessors) make it easier to build interactive eLearning courses quickly. The courseware has robust logic processing capabilities, and handles HD video magnificently. And with the introduction of the Content Library and Articulate Review, I am now saving hundreds of dollars per course in development time and content costs.

Articulate 360 review by <span>Allison N.</span>
Allison N.

Promising new features in 360

What do you like best?

I have been using Articulate products for years now, and I always tell folks that they are worth the price (usually as compared to Adobe Captivate). The user-friendliness and customer support are incredible. With 360, Articulate has stepped up their game and added some features that eLearning folks have been looking for. In particular, Review is a super handy app that makes the eLearning review process super simple.

What do you dislike?

This is still a new software so they are working out some kinks. That said, they are also listening to what users want and are making some great changes incredibly rapidly. The new pricing structure could be a heftier burden than it was before, especially for independent contractors, small biz, and education.

I create eLearning as part of the services my team offers faculty in a higher ed setting. We find that this product is incredibly flexible and allows us to quickly and easily produce the pieces we need.

Articulate 360 review by <span>Michael J.</span>
Michael J.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Articulate 360 shows a lot of potential to be a game changer for e-learning development

What do you like best?

With Articulate 360, I have access to the entire suite of Articulate software, plus the addition of two new screen-casting tools and four new web-based tools. Everything is packaged as part of a subscription model, which is similar to the approach that Adobe took with the Creative Cloud suite of tools—the benefit being access to regular updates which come with both minor bug fixes and major feature enhancements. It'll take some time for our existing processes to take full advantage of the full suite, but I like what I've seen thus far!

What do you dislike?

The lack of a'la carte customization for the subscription, and the fact that it is lumped into a single annual payment is a little tough to swallow. We don't really have a frequent use for Studio, and have only used Replay a handful of times in the past—so having them lumped in with the rest of the suite won't entirely make sense for every user. Hopefully this will change in the future where we can create our own bundles/plans that maximize ROI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely would recommend Articulate 360, but only with a few caveats. At the time of this review, the software is still pretty new and is working through a series of bugs—I suspect largely from the move away from being reliant on Flash, and moving towards better HTML5 support. With that said, if you're looking to move to Articulate 360, do your due diligence and test existing courseware thoroughly—especially any that was primarily used on devices that supported the previous Flash default of SL2.

There's no doubt that Articulate is dedicated to supporting their users with the new tool and fixing any issues that are reported, but we've found that the switch is not without a few growing pains.

Collaboration in various stages of the e-learning development process has been a challenge in the past. Articulate 360 is positioned to help make it easier for developers, SMEs, and Stakeholders to collaborate in ways that weren't previously possible—all in a self-contained ecosystem.

The Content Library is also poised to make the multimedia sourcing process much simpler by reducing the need for expensive stock media subscriptions/credits on 3rd party sites. There will be new characters, templates, and images added constantly—accessed from within the software and doesn't require licensing or attribution.

Learning about Articulate 360?

* We monitor all Articulate 360 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.