Articulate Studio

The Articulate Studio Pro suite is a fast, easy way to create presentation-based e-learning. It’s ideal for people who want to quickly transform PowerPoint slides into an online course. With Articulate Presenter, it’s simple to create content in PowerPoint, add form-based interactions with Articulate Engage, quickly build assessments with Articulate Quizmaker, and easily create videos with Articulate Replay.

Work for Articulate Studio?

Learning about Articulate Studio?

Articulate Studio Reviews

Ask Articulate Studio a Question
Showing 52 Articulate Studio reviews
Articulate Studio review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"eLearning Made Easy!"

What do you like best?

What is great about Articulate is that it is simply an add on component to PowerPoint. This means that you don't have to open another program, import files to a new platform, ..none of that. You simply work what you're developing in PowerPoint, and when you're ready to add some narration and convert it to an online video all you have to do is switch to a different tab at the top of the screen.

Once you have finalized you're narration and synchronized it with any animation, the best part is that it is all kept within the same PowerPoint module you just created. Slides can be edited or modified individually, so you only need to update what you want to. And best of all, by retaining any recorded information you now have a three fold file - online video, standard PPT and a printable version.

If you want a simple and easy way to create high impact elearning modules straight from PPT, then Articulate is what you are looking for!

What do you dislike?

Customizing an exam within an eLearning module can be a bit cumbersome, especially if you are redesigning the format or adding imagery. However, the fact that you can edit the look and even modify questions and answers shows how robust this simple add on can be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a current PowerPoint user and don't have the time or fund to switch to a new platform such as Captivate, then the Articulate Add-on is a must have!

Simple and cost effective, with no need to purchase and learn and entirely different software platform. Easy to take existing work in PPT and convert it to an eLearning file.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Articulate Studio
Articulate Studio review by Joyce S.
Joyce S.

"Articulate Replay - Great e-learning Video Tool"

What do you like best?

This is one of my favorite Articulate tools! It allows me to stitch together videos and PowerPoint presentation slides to create an awesome content for my audience.

What do you dislike?

The inability to add hyperlinks within the contents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For other e-Learning content developers who are not equipped with professional editing tool, I recommend using Articulate Replay. This will allow you to create and publish a good quality video content.

The ability to create on demand video contents with limited production time and budget.

What Course Authoring solution do you use?

Articulate Studio review by Sheri I.
Sheri I.

"Great for what it is"

What do you like best?

Super easy to transition from PowerPoint design into Studio and love that they went and added some Storyline features to enhance even further.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure I'd say I dislike this, but once you become an "expert" here I'm not sure why you'd continue to use. You'll likely hit a wall and want to do more and have to make the transition to Storyline. Not sure if it's a better idea to start with Storyline (more of a learning curve) and grow exponentially within the software or use Studio until you hit a wall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about whether to start here or with Storyline. You'll likely have more of a learning curve with Storyline but there are great resources (Yukon Learning / Articulate) that can educate you on the software.

Quick eLearning development.

Articulate Studio review by Rachel E.
Rachel E.

"Studio Makes Powerpoints Come Alive"

What do you like best?

I like that I can start with a simple PowerPoint presentation and make it come alive with the many functions available with Studio. I can add a quiz, add interaction, etc.

What do you dislike?

That I forget how to use all of the functions if I haven't used them in a while. That is on my, not articulate. I don't create e-learning enough in my daily work to become an expert on their software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the trial. Use existing PowerPoint presentations and create e-learning from these. This will give you a feel for the software.

Understanding if a learner has actually learned what you need them to know - by building in quizzes, it lets me know what they learned and what we still need to review.

Articulate Studio review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Articulate Studio 13'- A wonderful way to convert Subject Matter Expertise into eLearning authorship"

What do you like best?

In one word, Articulate Studio 13' is APPROACHABLE. Since the major components of the package (Presenter and Quizmaker) are built right into the PowerPoint interface, it is easier than ever to turn content into SCORM-ready eLearning. Now, this is not to say that anyone who uses PowerPoint is now an instructional designer, but it is nice to be able to have access to a tool with such a fast learning curve.

What do you dislike?

For what it is meant to be, there's not much to dislike about Studio. For most of my heavy lifting instructional design work, I use Storyline exclusively. But when the content is in PowerPoint, or when I want to be able to quickly crank out simple courses without a lot of fuss, Studio is my go-to tool. Also, I don't like the fact that Presenter and Quizmaker can't be run as standalone products for those times when PowerPoint is misbehaving. But that's a very minor gripe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a highly-interactive way to build engaging eLearning courses from the ground up, I would suggest Articulate Storyline 2 instead of Studio 13. That being said, I use Studio VERY regularly to convert and improve existing PowerPoint training offerings into a more interactive form. Because of its integration with PowerPoint, and the flexibility of the Engage part of the suite, it is possible to build wonderful courses within a couple of hours of learning the software. In other words, Studio is friendly and approachable.

I love using both products-- Studio and Storyline at work, but they are not the same product. Take advantage of the free trial to see which is a better fit for you. And if you're like me, you will find a reason to buy both!

I work in healthcare education-- by day at a healthcare consulting firm, and by night and weekend as a small business owner, specializing in Instructional Design solutions. Most of the time, building interactive courses is my primary focus, but sometimes, being able to quickly turn great training into eLearning is very useful. Studio makes the conversion process a breeze, and puts the tools at your fingertips to boost the production value of these presentations with the Quizmaker and Engage products.

Articulate Studio review by Rick J.
Rick J.

"Easy to use, out of the box software"

What do you like best?

Studio '13 already has interactions built-in for you. There's no need to create buttons, triggers, etc. You simply select an interaction, enter your data/text, and then you are done. You have a professional looking course with very little effort invested. Plus, you can build these courses straight from PowerPoint.

What do you dislike?

You just created a CBT using Studio '13. The SME now wants a copy of the PPT so he/she can review the material without going into the LMS. With Studio '13, if you have an interaction with 7 tabs, for example, the PPT printout will only show the Introduction page of that interaction. The SME will not be able to see the material on the 7 tabs created. The only way to get this info is for the CBT developer to go through and take screenshots of each tab. A little frustrating, but at least there is a workaround.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always recommend the free trial. You have 30 days to mess around with the software and see if you like it. I am a huge Articulate fan, but each person has their own preference. That's why the free trial is so important. Play around with Studio '13 as much as you can and take advantage of the eLearning Heroes community.

Studio '13 allows the user to create CBT's quickly because everything is built-in already. The user just has to enter the data/text, and the end result is a professional looking CBT. We use Articulate Storyline 2 for our more robust courses, and Studio '13 for those courses that need to be pushed out in a hurry, if that makes sense.

Articulate Studio review by Susan W.
Susan W.

"Articulate Presenter is a solid rapid content development tool."

What do you like best?

Presenter is a great tool to take Powerpoint presentations and turn them into LMS compliant learning tools. The annotation feature is really good - and I prefer it over sync. I usually record the audio outside the system and import.

What do you dislike?

Adding audio is tedious - there aren't really any shortcuts. Presenter can be a little clugey - file path consistency is essential for it to behave correctly. It often takes shapes and colors and changes them, as well as fonts. In general, once you publish a course you usually find something that did not behave as expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its' a good, solid tool. Storyline is better. Storyline has a larger learning curve, but it is a better program overall.

I develop elearning modules for the pharmaceutical industry. I manage LMS systems and create courseware that communicates with AICC, SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, TinCan, etc.

Articulate Studio review by Melanie M.
Melanie M.

"A Great Way to Upgrade PowerPoint Presentations"

What do you like best?

I've used PowerPoint since it first came on the market, and while I liked the program I was looking for a way to upgrade presentations and make them interactive. Articulate Studio did this for me. I was able to make the slides look far more professional and interesting, and do this in no more time than it took to develop PowerPoint programs. I also loved the ability to include quizzes and interactive activities that engaged my students and provided immediate feedback.

What do you dislike?

When I switched from Microsoft 10 to 365 I found the programs were not compatible. This problem is being rectified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are happy with PowerPoint but are ready to take it to the next level, this is the product for you.

Articulate Studio makes if very easy to add videos, audio, and characters. This makes the presentations I produce far more interesting. Because quizzes and interactive activities are easy to include, I'm able to test students as material is presented rather than after all the information has been given. This allows me to assure students understand the basic information before being given more advanced ideas.

Articulate Studio review by Angela R.
Angela R.

"Articulate Studio '13 "

What do you like best?

The ease of use with this software is fantastic. I'd never used anything above PowerPoint and this software was very easy to understand and teach myself how to use. I was able to create interactive presentations much easier and provide a more professional look and feel.

What do you dislike?

I have not found much that I dislike with this software. Sometimes it can take a long time to upload a presentation to Articulate Online but everything else runs smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a program to help get you started in E-Learning, I suggest starting here. I had not had any experience with this type of software and felt I went from novice to expert rather quickly. The online support that Articulate provides is more than I could have imagined and there is a wonderful network offering support and new ideas.

Business wise we were looking for a software program that included online access to the training created. Articulate offers that with Articulate online. We were looking for a way to get presentations out to our employees that do not always have access to a computer and Articulate online offers that ability. Second we looked at how easy the software would be to work with, if it increased the time to create a presentation dramatically it would not be for us. This software has benefited our company by allowing a more interactive presentation to the employees, more that just the words on a PowerPoint slide they were used to, making them more attentive and responsive to training.

Articulate Studio review by Ralf B.
Ralf B.

"Rapid E-Learning production"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with Articulate Studio (Presenter) since 2006. The approach that you only need a PowerPoint and some audios to create elearning courses is very efficient. Articulate Studio 13 is so intuitive that everybody who has some PowerPoint skills can easily create elearning courses. It is simple and the user needs only a few minutes to feel comfortable with the tool.

The Quizmaker Quizzes work fantastic. I never had any problems with it.

What do you dislike?

There are only a few possibilities to create interactive output. It is very difficult to create some extra interactivity except the given templates in Articulate Engage.

Triggers from PowerPoint are not supported completly. So you must try if your PPTX-triggers work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really depends on your needs if Articulate Studio is the best choice for you. If you want to create learning courses based on PowerPoint files with reduced interactivity then Studio is a good choice. If you want to create flexible interactive courses then you should think about using a full-feature tool like Articulate Storyline 2.

Articulate Studio offers a very fast learning curve. After working several hours with Articulate Studio you can create courses without any help.

Articulate Studio 13 is still a good choice for everybody who creates the learning content in PowerPoint. PowerPoint is a very important content creation tool - at least here in Germany. Especially when the content owners do not have the time to create elaborated courses with variables and triggers.

My company had produced tons of elearning courses with Articulate Studio before Articulate Storyline came on the market. Mainly we create our courses now with Articulate Storyline. But we changed our main developing tool just because of the more interactive possibilities of Storyline. Studio allows you to create solid courses very fast and allows you to focus on the PowerPoint production.

Articulate Studio review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"A great Articulate Starter product!"

What do you like best?

Studio is an easy to use interface to get your feet wet in the world of interactivity in your eLearning. The templates are easy to use and modify so that you're engagements are branded.

What do you dislike?

This is truly a 'starter' kit and you may find the need to upgrade to Storyline more quickly than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just getting started with Articulate products this is the perfect place to begin.

Studio was a great stepping stone for us into creating interactions within our current eLearnings as well as product demos and procedural information.

Articulate Studio review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Articulate Studio is easy to learn"

What do you like best?

Articulate Studio was easy to pick up and use quickly, especially if experienced with other Articulate or eLearning software.

What do you dislike?

I only use MAC for my job and these softwares require Windows, so I needed to install these on a separate computer, which disrupts workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a MAC user, it would be better to invest in the Adobe eLearning products; however, if you are a PC user, Articulate Studio's ease of use, ability to make dynamic and engaging content, and similar features to Adobe Presenter and Captivate make Articulate Studio work the investment.

Using this product to create engaging course content and track learner data through SCORM.

Articulate Studio review by Phil M.
Phil M.

"Articulate Studio 13"

What do you like best?

Articulate Studio is great for beginners and experts alike it seamlessly converts Powerpoint to elearning along with adding in quizzes and interactions. The new player technology improves the user experience and replay ensures you can now add screencasts to your projects. The great thing is that these projects can now be shared on android and iOS devices as it seamlessly exports to HTML5

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about this new package, if pressed for an answer I would say the HTML5 output could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a look at both Storyline and Studio and make your decision. For help visit the elearning heroes site.

I have built courses for Network Rail and YMCA to help with their staff training and compliance.

Articulate Studio review by Bridget M.
Bridget M.

"Studio to the Rapid Development Rescue"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Studio is are the pre-made/editable templates, such as the engage interactions or the quiz-maker interactions. It helps to create rapid, straightforward eLearning. Studio definitely helps to bring to life boring material.

What do you dislike?

After using Storyline ( 1 and 2) for years, it is hard for me to go back to Studio. You can't edit and manipulate things as well as you can in Storyline... Not having the time line to edit the timing is probably my biggest dislike... However when I use studio, I usually keep it for basic straightforward eLearning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something that will help you rapidly develop eLearning, and also catch more of the learners attention than a regular powerpoint, than this is for you... If you want something you can work with and have more freedom with programming and editing, than it's sister program, Storyline is more for you.

Overall it is a good program and easy to learn.

Like I mentioned before, if you are in need of rapidly developing eLearning, and want something more than a basic words on the screen and animation PowerPoint... Than Storyline is right for you and your business needs. You also don't have to be an expert at developing to use this software and create something nice and interactive. It's integrated use with Microsoft PowerPoint allows new users to transition to using Storyline, and help them not be as afraid to learn/try something new.

Articulate Studio review by Ionut M.
Ionut M.

"Simple, fast, cheap way to create eLearning content."

What do you like best?

Simplicity is what I like the most for any articulate product. For Studio '13 the fact that is integrated with MS Office, and it imports characters if you have storyline software installed on your computer. The content exported is compatible with a lot of eLearning platforms, because it has scorm 1.2 2004 tin can api aicc. The content is also available on mobile devices, after you publish the content automaticly it create a power point presentation. The community is very beautifull place whare you can learn how to use the softwares of articulate, the place where you can find video tutorials about tips and tricks, and a lot of opinions from others users. community.articulate.com is the place where you cand download for free editable templates for elearning content such as .story files, background pictures, icons , even pdf books that explains you how to create a great content, what resources you need, what steps you need to follow,etc.Course assets, course design aids, powerpint templates, The products are fully compatible with windows os and mac os.

What do you dislike?

I dislike old style characters, not animated characters, and simple time line (doesn't have many options). The content that you publish, even if you check the mobile optin, is not availabe on mobile phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use articulate Studio '13 if you want to create eLearning content fast, simple and cheap.

I build eLearning content, and articulate products helps me to make cost saving.

Articulate Studio review by Montse A.
Montse A.

"Easy to use; yields great results!"

What do you like best?

Quiz options like freeform. I tend to use the FreeForm quiz option quite a bit. I like the freedom (all about the freedom) to create more custom quizzes. I don't use default quizzes because quite honestly, I think it's lazy. Don't get me wrong; the default quiz options are great if you are creating courses internally but people pay me so I feel it's my obligation to create kick-ass custom quizzes and not pick the default options. Therefore, the freeform option is great and is my go-to feature for quiz creation.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options for animations in addition to graphic capabilities. Studio and Storyline are weak in this area. If a user isn't a graphic artist and doesn't have graphic editing software like Illustrator or Photoshop, you are left to use either Powerpoint or the default image options, which are minimal.

I enjoy using Studio to help clients with course development.

Articulate Studio review by Blair P.
Blair P.

"Easy step into eLearning"

What do you like best?

Studio'13 makes getting into elearning very easy. Working inside PowerPoint means most users are already familiar with the layout. It also takes all of the hard work out of creating fancy interactions with Engage. Just select the template you want to work with and enter in the details. And the fact that you can customise the look and feel means the interaction won't seem out of place with the rest of your powerpoint. Want to test learners knowledge at the end of the course? Studio'13 has that covered too with Quizmaker, making it very easy to insert a scored quiz at the end of the course.

All in all, a great product to get into elearning with that has the ability to deliver more as your skills develop.

What do you dislike?

If Studio'13 has one downfall, it's that its simplicity in creating courses can also be a curse. Anyone can simply create a course by adding Next and Previous buttons to a powerpoint presentation and calling it a course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Also sign up to the Articulate Elearning Heroes site. Full of great articles, forum and tutorials

Studio'13 has helped us in the following ways:

Deliver content to a geographically spread team, rather than have them all travel to central place for training.

Lowered costs in training and travel time.

Ease of use has meant that we can rapidly deploy courses, bulletins and other content we need to get out to team members.

Articulate Studio review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"Articulate is wonderful for quick and easy development"

What do you like best?

You don't need to be a technical expert to use articulate. It has a LOT of existing templates and themes (and a strong community of users that also offer support). It is the strongest out of all the tools in this regard.

You can build some custom interactions, but so many templates exist that it might not even be necessary. The published package can act all in one (with it's own sort of GUI).

Because of it's simplicity it's easier to maintain and the outputs are not huge complicated packages .

What do you dislike?

While variables exist and web objects can be inserted, ability to add extra javascript code would be beneficial.

The mobile capability is getting there, but needs more advances especially in terms of content tracking.

Would also like to see some builtin review functionality/options, which are non-existent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take care to look up features that do not work or change if content is developed for a mobile device. Before you spend time developing, look up the templates that are out there that may fit your needs. There's likely one that already exists.

Easy to have many developers working with the tool without needing to offer a ton of support. Faster development due to existing templates.

Articulate Studio review by Jon Z.
Jon Z.

"Simple, feature-rich, easy-to-use e-learning development platform"

What do you like best?

Studio '13 is easy to use. The interface with PowerPoint is simple and intuitive. It provides an easy way to turn PowerPoint slides into eLearning activities, if that's all you need to do, while also providing easy access to more advanced features and functions.

Quizmaker is a great tool, as well. It has a lot more functionality than is immediately apparent, and it can actually be used on a standalone basis for eLearning development.

What do you dislike?

There's no Mac version. That's my one big complaint. For reasons that defy explanation, Articulate products are Windows-only. I'm also not a huge fan of the Articulate Engage portion of the suite. It works well enough for specific uses, but it seems like a product that is half-baked. It could me much more fully-featured than it currently is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your needs, you may or may not be better off going with Articulate Storyline 2. To the best of my knowledge, Studio '13 doesn't do anything that can't be done in Storyline 2. The only exception, of course, is Studio's integration with PowerPoint. Storyline 2 is more full-featured, but it's a standalone product.

We use different products for in-depth eLearning development, but Studio is a great tool to use for simple projects. The masses can pick it up with very little instruction. We primarily use the product simply to package PowerPoint content so that it can be loaded and tracked in our learning management system.

Articulate Studio review by Steven M.
Steven M.

"Great product for developing training. Quick and easy to learn."

What do you like best?

If you can create a PowerPoint, you can create in Presenter '13. The other features, Engage, Quizmaker, etc are not very difficult to pick up and are very user friendly. There is a wide user base and the forums on the articulate website is full of helpful advice and how-to demonstrations to help you learn all aspects of the software.

What do you dislike?

Being an ad on to PowerPoint, you are limited to making direct flip through trainings without much branching. Opening PowerPoint to use by itself can take a while to load due to Articulate checking for updates, if you do not update, you get the notification from Articulate each time you load PowerPoint.

Easy to get content owners involved. We just give them a PowerPoint template and they give it back to us with the necessary content to be trained on. With a few clicks of a button, you have training ready for our Learning Management System.

They don't need a version of the software to be able to read the training module.

Articulate Studio review by Tracy F.
Tracy F.

"Love how it works with PowerPoint "

What do you like best?

Love how you can create almost everything in PowerPoint and then publish to articulate- allowing me to connect courses with ease to make a full curriculum (or training path)

What do you dislike?

My experience was crashing when publishing and the amount of storage it took.

Creating and publishing training material that is interactive. I love how the software allows for the ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, implement, and Evaluate) - the quiz maker allowed for immediate measure of the content (ease of creating the test, automatic submission of grades to LMS)

Articulate Studio review by Phil W.
Phil W.

"I've used it to deliver elearning and interactive elements for web."

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use. All the Articulate products are. the studio products have a small learning curve to get up and running, but there is so much you can do with them.

What do you dislike?

As Windows security updates or flash updates happen I sometimes lose functionality, but articulate is always on the ball getting patches out as quickly as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for great software, that is easy to use, and provides a robust set of tools. Studio is the product for you.

We use it mainly for elearning. Our time for development is cut because we can have SMEs use the tools they are familiar with, like word and powerpoint, to write their content. Then we can import it however we need.

Articulate Studio review by Simon N.
Simon N.

"Articulate Studio'13"

What do you like best?

My primary reason for using Articulate Studio is it's ease of use in converting PowerPoint content into an e-learning course. The efficient manner in which you can convert content and publish it into the LMS and make it available for other to complete is invaluable. Articulate offers many different publishing options into the LMS which streamlines the time to market and the ability for the learner to take the course.

What do you dislike?

I would like Articulate to make more Engage objects. It is time to upgrade the object library. The Engage tool is approx. 5 years old and I do not recall any additional templates that have been developed within that time period.

I'd also like more options in the Articulate Presenter template. As of now, you get to choose different color themes. however, I think it be more useful to have each of the embedded objects appears as widget so that the user can re-position the frames in different areas.

I have been able to partner with various subject matter experts and convert their dispersed content into a digestable learning objects created with Articulate Studio. the process is seamless and work wells on a consistent basis. Additionally, I am also able to add confirmation of learning exercises and quizzes to validate that the learner has gathered and/or retained the knowledge discussed in the course.

The quiz results and remediation messaging are very effective techniques in keeping the learner aware of the correct answer. The publishing options from Quizmaker into the LMS are simple and very effective.

Articulate Studio review by Bruno D.
Bruno D.

"Studio is underestimated"

What do you like best?

Articulate Studio is making Powerpoint enhanced in many ways. It did not only allow me to convert a ILT to OLT, but managed on a excellent way to enhance my flat design to an interactive module.

it also triggered me in finding new solutions of working with powerpoint thanks to the community cite

What do you dislike?

To be improved is the communication to LMS systems. Add onns helped me solve these issues but unfortunately they were sometimes limited on different versions of windows or browsers

Technical training

Articulate Studio review by Marley H.
Marley H.

"Best e-learning authoring software I've used"

What do you like best?

Articulate is intuitive and has the most interesting, east to use features of any authoring software I've tried. I can make great e-learning courses in a few hours, with SCORM capabilities and more.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have the option to animate the avatars that already come with Articulate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely try Articulate! Do the trial period first- you will be amazed at how easy it is to use.

This is so much easier and creates better courses than Lectora or Captivate.

Articulate Studio review by Jamal W.
Jamal W.

"Review of Articulate Studio 13"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make more templates for Articulate Engage.

Articulate Studio review by Brooke S.
Brooke S.

"Articulate Studio 13: PowerPoint on steroids"

What do you like best?

The creatives at Articulate has pumped up their Studio product to include some great new features. The introduction of built in characters is a huge plus for organization who don't have in-house graphics know-how or subscriptions to e-Learning art sites. Another added bonus is the ability to quickly export the course contents for use in localization and/or translation by your Subject Matter Experts. When you're done, importing the updates back into Articulate Studio are a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes with the tool. It fits a great niche in the market...easy to use and living in native PowerPoint.

Studio is a great product for organization whose legacy training content already exists in PowerPoint. It's easy enough for any user and allows you to quickly get content published for use online. I recommend Studio as a gateway to the e-Learning industry.

Articulate Studio review by Michelle L. W.
Michelle L. W.

"I just started using Studio"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use - incredibly user friendly but also very dynamic. I love that is adds so much to a tool that I already use regularly - PowerPoint. One of the best things is that I can take a current presentation and quickly recreate it into eLearning. I think it will add a lot to my corporate clients who want to take their stand up training to the next level.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. I think Storyline is more powerful, but Studio is still an incredible tool. Studio is perfect for giving presentations that much more panache. If I am doing eLearning, though, I would use Storyline. I think Studio is more targeted to professionals who want to add a little something more to their presentations and may do some eLearning as well.

I'm solving the problem of quickly creating robust and effective elearning. Studio is a great tool for that. I love that I can take a current presentation and retool it to be a course. It will add a lot to my corporate clients who want to take their stand up training to the next level.

Articulate Studio review by Enes K.
Enes K.

"A perfect solution"

What do you like best?

I like about Studio 13 is that this tool is perfect combination of all elearning features, incorporated in one single software. You will be covering all aspects of elearning posibilities, from presentation formats up to advanced software simulations.

What do you dislike?

One of the problems I encountered is sometimes being unable to find the feature that I like that easily. A little more effort needs to be put there unlike the Storypine, where everything Is in reach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this elearning tool you are able to make complete elearning content including all of important types of content: presentation, video, audio, simulations and similar. Try it, you'll love ti!

We have high benefits from using Studio because it gives back a lot of time and money saving to our company, which is equally important in our corporation. Also it is easy to format content which ever way we like which is good for our LMS

Articulate Studio review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"Easy to use, quick & simple with an extremely short learning curve!"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use and natural user interface. The ability to create engaging content quickly and efficiently is important but best of all it creates impactful and effective digital learning.

What do you dislike?

To get the most out of the product you need to get Articulate Engage, Presenter and Quiz Maker. As these are all separate products moving between them can be confusing and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a look at Articulate Storyline, for not much more money you get the next level of product functionality. Well worth the investment!

Allow business users to create digital learning assets quickly with little input from Instructional Designers or eLearning experts.

Articulate Studio review by Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.

"Easy to use, polished, clean result."

What do you like best?

The intuitive features, and huge resource bank available which makes learning about the software on your own so easy. Lots of templates and showcase examples and plenty of links to relevant blogs on this product. The 30 day trial gives you ample amount of time to become familiar with the basics. This product is broad and fits well within the Articulate online LMS and the Articulate App. Online support is available at various levels depending on what you're prepared to pay for, but still overall cost is very low. The Articulate community encourage the sharing of ideas, resources and opportunities.

What do you dislike?

Last upgrade to Studio 09 was in 2013, perhaps another upgrade soon would be good. Shift has gone away from this product in terms of new and interesting templates and feature flexibility articles on the support forums, in favour of Storyline, yet this product is just as good. A combination of the features of both products built into one would make a very attractive authoring tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the 30 trial, and combine this with the 30 day trial of Articulate online so you can see the product end to end. Use the Articulate online community to get the basics from the tutorials, then look around at how others have used the product.

Online solutions save face to face training time and resources. Your reach is to a much wider target market. Cost savings when an organisation can manage their own LMS with such simplicity.

Articulate Studio review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

"One of the best e-learning authoring tools for L&D Professionals and Subject matter experts"

What do you like best?

One of the best things about Studio'13 is the entry level. Working with PowerPoint as your main content editor makes jumping into your e-learning projects a breeze. Accompanied by the amazing Quizmaker, Engage interactions and Replay video tool makes this just a great suite and super easy to start with.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike really. Studio'13 is a very versatile and powerful authoring tool. More experienced PowerPoint users will get more out of it. If you want stuff like triggers, scripting object states and such you won't find that in Studio'13 though. That is all available in it's big brother Articulate Storyline

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build corporately branded templates for your SME's and Local L&D specialists. This will help build a consisten quality and allows them to focus on the content and not the design.

I facilitate Articulate Studio in our multinational to subject matter experts and local L&D professionals to support our user-generated-content strategy and it is hugely successful. Our organization is saving millions in money not spend with external agencies and we're seeing a rapid development of training materials to support internal projects.

Articulate Studio review by LEI S.
LEI S.

"Articulate Studio13"

What do you like best?

this software became more stable than Articulate studio 09 and more fonctions are added like a new interface. very easy to use it. the new interface give a simple and quick access to understand the software.

And the new option publish in html5 is very useful for someone who needs a version "mobile".

What do you dislike?

the new Engage is not quiet simple to use, and i found that we have less options for the interface

For me, the "based on ppt" is a fantastic way to develop a elearning module, because lots of our customers use juste ppt. They don't have some software like Storyline, so for correction a module by customer, il very simple and effective for them.

Articulate Studio review by Executive Sponsor in Security and Investigations
Executive Sponsor in Security and Investigations

"Articulate Studio 13"

What do you like best?

Articulate Studio is very easy to use and gives me the control and flexibility to produce the content that I want. I also find that there is a strong support community and can always finds resolution to issues that I have to tips/tricks that help enhance my projects.

What do you dislike?

I would like better sound editing capability. Also, there are some things that I have not been able to do from within an Engage interaction that I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it and an easy to use tool for someone just starting out with online training development as well as one of the tools in the toolkit for an experienced developer. I have trained several technical trainers with no previous development experience at different jobs and they were able to pretty quickly grasp the tool and produce content.

My department is focused on technical training, specifically operator and maintenance training for the security scanning products that we manufacture and support. We have been able to produce both longer form online courses as well as shorter micro training.

Articulate Studio review by Brett R.
Brett R.

"Studio 13 brings mobile support and more"

What do you like best?

Adding HTML5 support is a big deal over Studio 09. Another major improvement to me is the way Engage and Quizmaker are now smoothly integrated within the player. For PowerPoint conversion this is my go-to tool.

What do you dislike?

I find that I use Storyline more than I do Studio 13 but that doesn't mean I dislike it. I would love to have the flexibility of Storyline but that would defeat the great ease of use and speed with which you can make very professional looking presentations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For PPT conversion to Flash or HTML5 I've been very pleased. There are a lot of products now on the market but I think Studio 13 is among the best.

I need to move a lot of existing desktop based publications to mobile ready. Studio 13 makes this really simple.

Articulate Studio review by Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

" Create e-learning quickly and easily with minimum learning curve"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and integration into Powerpoint. Since we have training slide decks already in Powerpoint, this was a easy decision for us to move to Articulate Studio.

The animation and quizzes put a different spin on learning and can turn boring training into exciting interactive activities

What do you dislike?

Have some difficulty getting the e-learning output to work with our LMS system. Knowing what output to create, whether to use AICC wrappers, SCORM etc. was a little confusing, but we were able to overcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We narrowed down to Adobe's version and Articulate. After seeing how easy Articulate is to produce awesome results, it was a no-brainer for us. Adobe has more features, but reviews indicate a steep learning curve

Providing a platform for an organized training program at all levels within the organization. Taking content that was previously in Word and Powerpoint and bringing it to life to provide all employees the training and tools they need to do their jobs.

Articulate Studio review by User

"Articulate Studio 13"

What do you like best?

If you can use PowerPoint you can use this software. It is easy and allows you to do amazing things without having to know how to program. The software also comes with a support group that provides assistance whenever you get "stumped" . Subject Matter experts can provide PowerPoint slides that you can convert easily into your course and this can also be a great timesaver.

What do you dislike?

It has some limitations that come with using PowerPoint. The company has address this well with their robust software Storyline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good buy if you are a beginner with PowerPoint skills and want to create some good e-learning materials. I would caution you however do not just use bullet point PowerPoint presentations to create the training, but utilize the Articulate materials and support on their web site to learn interesting techniques, methods, and get some great ideas to upgrade your methods.

We do e-learning for both our general employee population and for location specific purposes. This means the sheer volume of training material produced would be monumental without a terrific software product.

Articulate Studio review by Ashley C.
Ashley C.

"User-friendly tool to satisfy most of your e-learning needs!"

What do you like best?

Articulate Studio '13 is an amazing tool because most folks are already familiar with Microsoft PowerPoint, so there tends to not be as much of a learning curve for usability.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really much I dislike about Articulate Studio. If you would have asked me 5+ years ago, I may have had some feature requests, but with the emergence of Articulate Storyline, all of my needs are met, and I can often use Studio and Storyline in tandem to create anything I need for e-learning development.

I'm continually facing development challenges within my e-learning. As someone who isn't much of a graphic designer, I appreciate the ease in developing interactive 'media-style' assets within Studio that can be used within my e-learning projects!

Articulate Studio review by Kimberly B.
Kimberly B.

"You can't go wrong with this company!"

What do you like best?

You will find all of the support and community knowledge that you can handle on the forums. Articulate goes above and beyond to help customers learn the software.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to using Studio as compared to Storyline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the trial version and build a real course. This is the best way to figure out how to use the software as well as find pros and cons for development.

Virtual/long distance workforce

Articulate Studio review by Tim S.
Tim S.

"Articulate Studio '13: A quick and easy way to create great e-learning courses."

What do you like best?

Articulate Studio '13 is an amazing program because it works with a program that most of us already know how to use: PowerPoint! This means that you can take your existing content and quickly convert it into an engaging e-learning course.

What do you dislike?

With Articulate Studio '13, because it's meant for rapid e-learning development, you may fund that you can get as advanced as you'd like to get with the program.

Articulate Studio '13 is great for those already working with PowerPoint content and need to convert it into e-learning. Rather than hiring a developer, the process of creating an e-learning course can be accomplished in-house.

Articulate Studio review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Articulate Studio Best E-learning Tool for Beginners and Quick Authoring"

What do you like best?

It leverages all of the great features in PowerPoint like image editing, animations, and formatting. Very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It is not able to handle advanced features like variables and conditional statements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an add-on to PowerPoint. I see this as a plus because you can leverage all of the features available in PowerPoint. The learning curve is very mild for this software. And--the Articulate Community is awesome! They will help you with any questions you might have,

It allowed me to get up to speed very quickly during the early years of my career. It still allows me to create a great looking course very quickly.

Articulate Studio review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Your fastest path to success when authoring elearning!"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to create a few powerpoint slides and generate interactive courses you can post online.

What do you dislike?

Limited capabilities reduces the learner experience.

This product is my number one recommendation for beginners trying to create elearning. If you are good at powerpoint even better. The genesis of rapid development in elearning starts with this product.

Articulate Studio review by adrian j.
adrian j.

"Awesome, very simple to use, very powerfull rapid elearning authoring suite"

What do you like best?

Its, very simple to use, very intuitive, and very powerfull rapid elearning authoring suite.

Output to flash, htlm5 ,AICC, Scorm and tincan.

What do you dislike?

you can only work with templartes (it has a lot of templates)

If you prefer to have more freedom use storyline 2

I live in Costa Rica, and teres is people that dont have easy acces to go to some learning facility, but they have internet acces, with studio 13 we can deliber courses anywhere with low cost.

Articulate Studio review by Sam S.
Sam S.

"Easy to Translate PowerPoint Files - Rivals Presenter for Features"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of an interface that is similar to PowerPoint means that the learning curve for Studio, particularly Articulate Presenter, is simple and fast.

What do you dislike?

Some versions of PowerPoint were/are restricted (not good when you've just bought a new version/upgraded). Hopefully, that will be fixed soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that your version of PowerPoint is compatible BEFORE you buy.

Fast upload of PowerPoint content for those instances where a full-blown course (ie, Storyline) isn't warranted or in budget.

Articulate Studio review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Works great, and it's nice that they provide a 30 day fully functioning trial. Nice that it comes with three different software products wrapped nicely in one product.

What do you dislike?

I had a very difficult and frustrating time getting Presenter '13 to install correctly with my Windows 7 PowerPoint 64 bit version.

Efficiency is key to this product. It will provide you with the most streamlined way to produce eLearning possible.

Articulate Studio review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Studio 13 review"

What do you like best?

It's similarity to PowePoint makes it easy to pick up and that's half the battle. There's also loads of support available and quizmaker is great

What do you dislike?

more adaptable in some of the quizzes would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prefer it to other software such as camtasia

Finding Replay really helpful for Screencasting training videos

Articulate Studio review by Bijun W.
Bijun W.

"Vert Good"

What do you like best?

Overall very good product, i like help section most, and also support team is always very helpful

What do you dislike?

not too much on negative side, but if menu can be more user friendly, and also interface can be updated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome production

oil and gas

Articulate Studio review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Quick, Easy, Familiar"

What do you like best?

Studio plugs right into PowerPoint, so it's easy to get started and runs in an interface that is already comfortable and familiar. With no programming knowledge, you can be creating interactive eLearning in no time.

What do you dislike?

You can't program variables or do anything too advanced...but they have Articulate Storyline for that....so just weigh what features and how much customization you need.

We're cutting costs and development time.

Articulate Studio review by yanay z.
yanay z.

"Articulate Studio'13"

What do you like best?

A very simple tool to generate test and assessment tools for students\learner

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult Share content between learning developers

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool to create exams and tests for learning this is the best too

students\learner assessment

Allows to know how effective learning programs are

Articulate Studio review by Alejandro d.
Alejandro d.

"A complete e-learning solution"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly, with off-the-shelf templates for high productivity.

What do you dislike?

Lack of flexibility. Some users will find that the tool is limited building complex interactions.

Refurbishing existing content built with other tools has been easy and done in a timely fashion.

Articulate Studio review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Articulate Studio"

What do you like best?

It's a great way for people new to eLearning development to get started with an authoring tool.

What do you dislike?

Not as powerful as Storyline but you can still produce great modules.

Allows quick development of eLearning using a familiar interface.

Articulate Studio review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Articulate applications rock!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use; integration with PowerPoint; Quizmaker and Engage tools and templates.

What do you dislike?

Not as comprehensive as Articulate Storyline2's timeline capabilities and software screen capture.

Distance learning requirements (compliance and software upgrade training) for multi-state organization.

Learning about Articulate Studio?

* We monitor all Articulate Studio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.