ArtRage

ArtRage is a realistic and intuitive digital art program that mimics traditional media for Windows, Mac & iOS devices.

Work for ArtRage?

Learning about ArtRage?

ArtRage Reviews

Ask ArtRage a Question
Showing 54 ArtRage reviews
ArtRage review by <span>Aly N.</span>
Aly N.

"Not the best, but it gets the job done."

What do you like best?

- It's compatible with my Wacom tablet

- It has a good variety of tools to choose from

- The tracing feature for creating electronic images from already made art is SUPER helpful and might be my favorite part of the program

- You can create stencils from your images

- Exporting is easy

What do you dislike?

- It's very basic

- The layout isn't appealing to me, but that's subjective

- It's certainly no photoshop and the tool options are pretty varied, but lacking in a lot of places. In a weird way, it reminds me of an older, toned down Kid Pix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check into all the versions available before settling on one. They have sales frequently as well, so see what their deals are around the holidays before buying it immediately.

I just use this program on the side for some design work on Redbubble and other online retailer sites and for transferring drawings I've done into a digital form. If you buy a Wacom tablet, ArtRage Studio often comes with it and that's what I've used—so I can't necessarily speak for new versions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ArtRage
ArtRage review by <span>Jakub C.</span>
Jakub C.

"Have fun with painting"

What do you like best?

ArtRage gives possibility to really have fun with painting. I usually use Photoshop for digital painting but ArtRage offers much more tools for loose painting. I love how it simmulate real behaviour of paint on canvas and difference in tools provided.

I also quite like the interface in visual terms - the placement and access to all the tools and color picker is really wel done.

What do you dislike?

It's fun but not that useful as Photoshop - it has much less tools and useful features to become real competition for Adobe product. I found it hard to get used to interface and keybord/mouse actions as I'm really used to Photoshop ones. It's good for fun but I can't really say it would become one of main programs I use for professional work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definately worth trying if you only use Photoshop or GIMP. This program is different and can give you some new opportunities for artistic expression. Have fun!

It's gives me good perspective looking on Photoshop. Before using ArtRage PS was the only graphic program I used and it's nice to see that there are so many other possibilities. I use this software rather as a toy to explore new ways of painting than program for serious work.

What Drawing solution do you use?

ArtRage review by <span>Mariana M.</span>
Mariana M.

"Art Rage is a natural canvas"

What do you like best?

I like so much the layer feature, all textures i can manages fronm water color, charcoil, oil painting and pencil hardness. I also like those paper or canvas textures that seem very likely to the real ones.

I preffer to work on my wacom because it has better pressure sense and my hand can move freely.

I got no problems whit the screen enviroment.

What do you dislike?

I tried to work in my ipad and even i have an stylus to make my sketches neater it has a slow responsive to my hand movements. I got frustated tryng to erase some details. I give up with the movile applications for art rage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to considerate that art rage that it is not alike Illustrator, it works on pixel base.

I can sketch on my computer, it saves me paper, ink and it worsk so good with my remote clients. I can make any number of tests about how the ink (oil, charcoal, etc) will react with the canvas i will use in case i get my work on a real hand made one.

ArtRage review by <span>Jenny H.</span>
Jenny H.

"Simple, easy to use with a traditional flare"

What do you like best?

ArtRage is simple and easy to use, it's not overly complex but the tools it has are powerful. What I love most is that it can bring a traditional feel to digital art which has a tendency to look too smooth and plastic. I'm particularly fond of the oil paint brush, you can choose the loading of your paintbrush, it's transparency and how it will blend with paint already on the canvas. It blends beautifully and very realistically. I tend to use ArtRage for building textured and realistic oil backgrounds which I then bring into my photoshop document and it does this very well with a straight forward export function that exports layers.

What do you dislike?

It can get a bit laggy if you're creating a large document and using the more textured brushes, but with devices getting faster nowadays I think that will be less of a problem. Otherwise I have no complaints about ArtRage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great tool for any digital artist, especially those who are increasingly doing their sketch work or rough work on an iPad or other tablet. Its simple and easy to use and very streamlined with a great toolset for a great price tag.

ArtRage is quick and easy to use, great for on the go sketching and painting or bringing more of a traditional feel to digital art. It doesn't have the price tag of similar programs such as Painter and is far easier to use. It's easy to add to my workflow and another great tool to add to my toolkit.

ArtRage review by <span>Victor S.</span>
Victor S.

"Love Artrage!"

What do you like best?

What I love the most about Artrage is how easy it is for users to find every tool and use them freely in a very natural way. The way the strokes are so smooth, and how it allows you to use different mediums and textures is truly a delight and a wonderfully easy experience.

Something I really like is the way you can choose from different types and textures of Canvas, different strokes from the Pen Tool and brushes; and also the way you can trace. This last tool has helped me a lot, mostly because I start drawing on my sketchbook and then I start imagining how it will look digital so I scan it and move on to Artrage for a better and much more professional view of my work that can be used to tell stories of fashion illustrations and personal things across all my social media channels, blog and portfolio.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish more mediums and tools were available or the ones that exist were improved in a certain way, like brushes, watercolors and also maybe my favorite tool which is the Pen Tool.

Mostly client commissions and collaborations for fashion illustrations/graphic design. It has truly developed the way I see things as an artist and the way that my clients see and evaluate my work. We're both no longer afraid to explore with different mediums like digital, which is what Artrage is truly encouraging us to do in a more free way.

ArtRage review by <span>Adarsh P.</span>
Adarsh P.

"I never get bored ! "

What do you like best?

I like how the tools and the colours interact the way they do in real. Its like drawing on a real canvas. Its fun mixing colours and playing around with textures. Other features like stencils is also one cool feature.

What do you dislike?

I would want the interface of the software to be more crisp and simple visually. Right now its looks a bit scattered. It looks like the features have been such put here and there, The lay out and positions could be improved for a batter drawing experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an experience where you get to paint digitally but the interaction is almost real, them Art rage is the best you can use.

I use Art rage for making backgrounds and visuals for my illustrations and animation projects. It really helpful to get a nice authentic look and gives me a wide horizon to explore and experiment with my stokes ans styles. I use it to create different treatments for my animation films and story book illustrations too.

Learning about ArtRage?

* We monitor all ArtRage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.