Arvixe Web Hosting

3.3

Linux Shared Web Hosting is one of the most common types of hosting people are looking for on the web. Whether you are trying to host WordPress or Joomla, Drupal or Magento, they all run on Linux servers. Since 2003, Arvixe has been bringing you world class quality Linux shared web hosting services all around the world.

Work for Arvixe Web Hosting?

Learning about Arvixe?

Arvixe Web Hosting Reviews

Showing 18 Arvixe reviews
Arvixe review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"better uptime, with value of money"

What do you like best?

The uptime and server performance is good. E-mail delivery is quite good as they implemented SPAM dealing mechanism.

What do you dislike?

Their first line support is just OK. Many matters need more professional capability for that they transfer the issue to seniors via ticket and that takes days to resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Arvixe is customer focused hosting service provider. I am their customer since many years and saw that they try to be better from yesterday. During my tenure, their CEO Mr. Arvand, left the company. After that I feel that support goes worse. But now they again improve their services. The hardware upgrades was performed during my tenure but the downtime is very minimal during this activity. I should recommend the hosting services from Arvixe.

Web hosting, MS SQL database (on Windows), and MySQL database (On Linux) server giving me capacity to go online with my company's website and its web applications.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Arvixe Web Hosting
Arvixe review by Hope G.
Hope G.

"Poor Customer Service & Lack of Security "

What do you like best?

I liked the price when I first started with Arvix. They came to my web dev school and provided a demo, then had excellent student discounts for the first year. This was an excellent marketing tactic to get me started on Arvix.

What do you dislike?

Now that I have been using Arvix for a few years and have built multiple websites with their hosting services, I find their customer service to be very poor and their security measures to also be lacking. I have gotten had client websites get hacked multiple times and Arvix was not helpful at all during these times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- offer better customer support

- offer greater security measures for when clients are hacked

- offer more benefits for price

- go back to previous level of customer support as shown a few years ago

They provided great student discounts in the beginning.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

Arvixe review by Diego O.
Diego O.

"Arvixe"

What do you like best?

Arvixe proved to be very stable, and especially to have a lot of storage capacity. arvixe linux VPS solutions exceed 3gb of ram and 100gb of storage. Arvixe can be used in both large companies and small businesses

It has 5 options of mospedagem

What do you dislike?

In the experience I had the pages in the installation sometimes took a long time to load, which was very uncomfortable. is No telephone support. Slow load times in testing. Only offers shared reseller hosting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very important tool for both large and small companies, nowadays the stability of the pages is worth much, also the storage capacity

The benefits are many from much storage, to the stability of the page. I think this is the main thing for any company today

Arvixe review by Carmen Elisa T.
Carmen Elisa T.

"Arvixe Web Hosting"

What do you like best?

Great speed in response and stability, services in Linux and Windos that I really like. Also and very good storage capacity

What do you dislike?

It has great potential, but it has some notable flaws. as slow charging times in some cases only

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for any type of company, in my case it served me a lot for all the support and stability that allowed me on the page. For me it is important to have secure documents on the web

In the creation of a page I find it important, in my case I had to create the page and support all the documentation, that was what they recommended me at that time and it was a very good decision

Arvixe review by Abhishek T.
Abhishek T.

"Arvixe"

What do you like best?

Arvixe offers a wide range of quality web hosting solutions including Linux hosting, Windows web hosting, managed dedicated servers. Starter plans have every tools you need, even features that are offered in pricey packages by other hosting services.

Excellent product support from US-based experts.

Top class security measures in place

What do you dislike?

Not as fast as other hosting solutions,

May require a bit of training especially for first time users.

I'm using for my company and advertisement

Arvixe review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Good service for what I pay"

What do you like best?

The price is the feature that i like the most, because I can have several websites hosted for the cheapest price I know until now. Also it uses cpanel which I have alredy used at some other stage of my life, so it was quite easy to get used to it. The fact that you can park several domains is the best feature. I have also applied a promotional code so the final price is some cents cheaper than the actual price.

What do you dislike?

At first I had a little issue with the domain name that they offered for free, but it was all good afterwards. At the end, it was free right? After some time dealing with the online chat they were able to solve the problem. I know a little about the "hosting world" but I guess that for people that is new to this, it might be a little tricky to solve it. At that time I thought about just quitting and get another provider, but then it was solved and it was good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to host several websites that do not have a lot of traffic, then it might be a very good option for you.

I use the hosting for my website and some others, so it solves my hosting requirements. The main benefits is that that the price / quality balance is good!

Arvixe review by Amarilis Virginia H.
Amarilis Virginia H.

"Secure, affordable hosting provider"

What do you like best?

The offer several plan features for every need.

Most services come with proactives security measure to help protect your site.

The hostings plan has unlimited storage and bandwidth standard.

Some additional features are very good like backups, brute force detection, nightly security updates, a firewall, SSL support and SSH access too.

cPanel integration

Free Website Transfer

99.9% uptime guarantee

What do you dislike?

Page loading times are bit higher than usual.

Very Slow Customer Support Response.

Expensive Plans & Pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The reality of it is there are plenty of better hosts out there.

This is a reliable web hosting provider that comes in slightly more expensive than the competition.

Arvixe review by Laura K.
Laura K.

"Company needs a Makeover "

What do you like best?

Things sometimes go wrong. The key things you want are that problems are rare and that when something does go wrong, the provider tries hard to fix them.h

What do you dislike?

Over priced & everything goes wrong. The company suffers from horrible customer service and no one to help when there is an issue every time you use the company on a daily bases.

Hosting is what I usedthe Company for and I’ve suffered with customer service because of technical issues and when customer service is bad, the company suffers.

Arvixe review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Arvixe's quality has gone down after acquisition"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, both the cpanel options and domain purchases are straightforward. The pricing is good as well, but keep in mind you get what you pay for.

What do you dislike?

Domains no longer come with whois protection, it's an additional $10 to get it. Sites lag a bit, evidence of shared hosting that is cheap. Support can be slower than it used to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, it's a decent offering, but after my current contract is up, I will probably look elsewhere. Speeds, support, and value are not what they used to be. Support can take awhile to get, and quality is down as well. Speeds are far slower than they used to be. Whois privacy protection has now been separated from domain registration fees, so it's more expensive now.

I'm using arvixe to host my business and personal sites. It's easy to set up and cpanel is invaluable for ease of use.

Arvixe review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Solid but there are better hosting options"

What do you like best?

Arvixe provides a lower cost hosting option with everything necessary to build a working website. They offer Softalicious one click installation of many of the most popular apps and frameworks including Wordpress, Joomla, and phpBB.

What do you dislike?

Reliability has been an issue for me and support was not as responsive as I'd have liked considering the effect downtime can have on an online presence. Once traffic increases, reliability can be an issue and support leaves something to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the cost of the hosting with the reliability and need for amazing support. There are other low cost web hosts that offer much better support.

I use arvixe to host a number of sites. They offer a free domain with the purchase of a hosting plan and their lower cost options are good for small or newer businesses looking to build a first web presence.

Arvixe review by Henry W. L.
Henry W. L.

"Very very affordable "

What do you like best?

What can I say good about this hosting company? It's very affordable and reliable. It's got 99% uptime. When I call I usually get someone in the USA. It's got cloud services. They even have unlimited. They have been in biz since 2003.

What do you dislike?

I really cant say anything bad about this hosting company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have unlimited storage so you better jump on it when you can.

I needed affordable hosting and I got it.

Arvixe review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Used to be great - now horrible"

What do you like best?

The Website control panel is a very useful tool. It is very easy to manage sites and settings.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely no support now. Recently, they let one of my SSL's lapse. I put in a support ticket with several reminders, and somebody replied a week later saying they need to charge me more money for my SSL due to a billing error. I never got an invoice. I moved my site to Azure. There are many complaints like this. Apparently most of their support staff was fired and outsourced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please find another alternative.

My clients needed affordable, reliable ASP.NET web hosting. To this end, Arvixe is inexpensive.

Arvixe review by Administrator in Security and Investigations
Administrator in Security and Investigations

"wedsites"

What do you like best?

ease to use fast connections upload mostly flawless

What do you dislike?

not telling me about auto renewal until it happens other then that pretty good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

arvixe is a great company for web hosting ease to use.

uploading my customers websites that I have done for them on the arvixe server.

Arvixe review by Lawrence S.
Lawrence S.

"Affordable but crowded"

What do you like best?

They offered a lot of features and the price is reasonable, one of the most affordable shared hosting environments for Windows that I have came across!

What do you dislike?

You get what you pay for! The shared hosting environments are crowded and over-utilized, it is fine if you are just using it for a personal website and not for business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for promo codes to reduce the cost and don't sign up for a long term hosting contract yet, start with 1 month to get a feel as to their level of service.

Arvixe review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great host (Hosted my website for 3 years)"

What do you like best?

Arvixe is fast and strong. It's update time is very quick and they keep your site secure. They almost always have an offer to discount your first year's hosting which makes it easy to get started.

What do you dislike?

I tend to get a lot of extra emails I don't really need from them, but it's been significantly reduced in the past 6 months.

I host my own professional website.

- Arvixe is a cheap AND good services

- Very quick and easy to update

- Has advanced options for those who need it

Arvixe review by Administrator

"Easy to use, easy to manage"

What do you like best?

The hosting was simple to use and manage. The associated email clients worked great also.

What do you dislike?

The features and functions lacked complexity, but that could have changed with recent updates.

Cost effective website hosting. The hosting g was low cost, easy to use, and worked for what we needed at the time.

Arvixe review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Amazing suprise"

What do you like best?

I get a great platform, patient friendly. They walk them through all my services , showing prices and products

What do you dislike?

The price. I use to live in a 3 world country, the price was a little high

My own spa web page and my product that were on sale

Arvixe review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Reasonable Web Services"

What do you like best?

Lots of turn key applications to use an install to get your website up soon. Competitive pricing.

What do you dislike?

Customer support tends to be slower than expected. Some applications require advanced support.

I used to use the service to promote my web and computer support business.

Learning about Arvixe Web Hosting?

* We monitor all Arvixe Web Hosting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.