Asana

Asana is the shared task list for your team–the place to plan, organize and stay in sync.

Work for Asana?

Learning about Asana?

Asana Reviews

Ask Asana a Question
Showing 2795 Asana reviews
Asana review by <span>Daniel L.</span>
Daniel L.

Asana is a great project management tool, especially when working with teams.

What do you like best?

Recurring tasks and simple task delegation make it easy to manage weekly tasks/projects and stay up to date on who is accomplishing each task and whether it has been completed.

I also love Asana's 'boards' project type. It is a "Trello-like" experience and is great for managing progress on different projects when columns are designated for each step.

What do you dislike?

I find that the "My Tasks" view often requires too much management of its own and can quickly get out of hand when it's not managed. This is a big reason why I say that Asana is great a project management but not the best at managing one individual's tasks/to-do list. The "My Tasks" view feels a bit unnatural and awkward and simply requires too much management of its own.

Due date notifications are not ideal and Asana has set up their application in a way that requires you to "live" in the app in order to stay up to date with your tasks.

Asana's mobile app has been one of it's weakest aspects. However, they have recently released new updates which has gone a long way to improve its usefulness. With that being said, it's still quite underpowered compared to its desktop web application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is great as a project management solution, especially when working with teams. However, it isn't great at being a task manager/to-do list application for managing your own individual tasks.

Asana has given me a streamlined method for managing projects and delegating tasks to other individuals. Viewing the status of a task that has been delegated is simple and I also receive notifications when a task is completed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Asana
Asana review by <span>Carl B.</span>
Carl B.

Asana helps keep everything under control.

What do you like best?

I really like the user interface; you can configure it for your needs. I also like that you can choose the appearance of your Dashboard (tasks in the form of panels or as a list). It is easy to create tasks, organize them and monitor their implementation. You can easily assign a task to any member of your team and Asana itself will monitor the timing of its implementation. I also like the ability to integrate with other services. We use Asana with Slack. In addition, I synchronize my own tasks with my Google Calendar.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to configure all notifications. I have moments when I have hundreds of notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop using only e-mail and begin to monitor your tasks in Asana. The service is quite simple to use. You will be able to organize your work at the highest level.

Asana helped us to organize our team more effectively. Now each of its members knows exactly their tasks and the terms of their implementation. Now there is no situation when we forgot about a promise to our client. We also improved communication within our team.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Asana review by <span>Denis V.</span>
Denis V.

Asana - collaborative application for your business.

What do you like best?

Great tool for organization protects and tasks withing company. Easy of use and nice graphical user interface. With Asana you can organize tasks in different way like list or in board style. Asana offers easy collaboration between teams. Plus it offers calendars, notifications, file sharing, keep tracking history, searching options and so forth. It even has free version to help you estimate it's opportunities.

What do you dislike?

It will take some amount of time to learn of it is multiple capabilities to understand what configuration and methods will work for you. It has issue with permissions, where all users have same ones and it is ease

accidentally change or delete something, but it is fair to say you can such easy return it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not suitable for all companies, it is good for large, but not for small ones.

With Asana you can organize work of your whole company by monitoring all projects, their progress and understanding who and what is doing in current moment, conducting your business in right way.

Asana review by <span>Federico J.</span>
Federico J.

Makes my day to day so much simpler

What do you like best?

I can keep track of everything that's happening with my business in a simple to use, great looking dashboard. Asana has the right amount of features for people looking to add to their regular to-do apps, but at the same time don't want to spend hours customizing stuff or learning how to use the software.

Everything is very intuitive. I've used Asana for different businesses (as freelancer, as employee, as project manager, as business owner) and always found a way to organize my workflow to serve my goals and role.

What do you dislike?

Lately I've seen some notifications to go missing. My phone is not alerting my of new activity and the web app takes some time to refresh when there are new comments or tasks created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial to see if it fits your organization. The free trial comes with massive features that you can test before making a decision to upgrade.

I wanted to keep track of all my tasks and daily progress. Instead of using pen and paper scattered all around or combining 2 or 3 to-do apps to get where I wanted to be... now I use Asana.

Asana review by <span>Robert J.</span>
Robert J.

Perfect Task Manager

What do you like best?

Any problem can be planned as much as possible in detail. You can make projects under joint tasks, divide them into sections. Also, each task can have its own tags (not only standard ones but any ones you want). Design and usability are indeed at a high level. Especially when compared with the old version of the service or some similar system. The opportunity to invite a person for general work on projects. For the invitation, it is sufficient to know only the email. For team members, you can assign different levels of access. A very convenient option for visualizing tasks by days. It is easy to find out what tasks are planned for the next week. You can transfer tasks between days simply by dragging and dropping them.

What do you dislike?

The Android application contains all the basic functions. However, it's much more convenient to work from the desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is everything you need: projects, tasks, subtasks, a system of reminders, a calendar, discussions of tasks, in addition, a nice design and an intuitive interface. A free version is enough for the job. It provides for up to 15 participants. There is a Premium version with a number of additional features.

We use almost all the functions of this service. For me, this is the best system of joint coordination. People in my team know exactly what to do and when to do it. My clients know exactly what is happening with their projects. Moreover, I know how to plan my day. Communication is directly related to tasks and results - this is really important.

Asana review by <span>Derik P.</span>
Derik P.

Great Management Tool

What do you like best?

Asana has awesome customization capabilities to tailor it to different types of tasks. It seems rare these days, but I've been very pleased with every single update they've rolled out over the last few years. They listen closely to their users and take feedback well.

What do you dislike?

With this, it's actually a little difficult to find areas I truly dislike. Asana seems to hit the mark for what they created this platform for. Any other types of shortfalls that I've seen are nitpicky or technically out of their scope of business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pair this application with Harvest for time tracking. This is a great way to get an honest test on how much time these tasks and project are taking you and/or your team to complete.

We are an agency that manages about 100 clients between 40 employees. Asana is vital to keep everything running the way it should be. We pair it with Harvest to keep a close eye on the hours we spend on projects & tasks to ensure we're hitting the hours the client is paying for and avoiding going over hours on projects and tasks.

Learn more about Asana

Asana Videos

Asana Downloads

Learning about Asana?

* We monitor all Asana reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.