(3,200)

Asana helps teams manage and coordinate their work by making plans, processes, and responsibilities clear.

Work for Asana?

Learning about Asana?

Asana Reviews

Ask Asana a Question
Showing 3,221 Asana reviews
Asana review by Danielle A.
Danielle A.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Asana
Asana review by Louis W.
Louis W.

"Love Asana. Very flexible. Feels right for any project."

What do you like best?

I love the new charting / dependency tools. I love the easy to user interface. Everything is very well thought out and intuitive to grasp. The help videos and blogs are fantastic and make this an easy to pick up system.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how subtasks/sub-subtasks get lost for daily workers. For example. The primary task when visiting a project is assigned to a project lead such as finish Services website pages. Now we have sub tasks such as create content and find images. Within those sub tasks we have tens of sub-subtasks. Assigning each image or each page of content to a specific person. When I come to a project, the view presented gives me no indication that I have work to do on the main task. I spend tons of time jacking with searches and filters to find my work. I have hundreds of things assigned to me at any given moment. Sorting my tasks by project results in tons of traversing up the tasks tree to understand the context of the assignment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is a great tool. You get into it what you get out of it. When you scale an organization and/or work on huge projects you need to remember asana doesn't replace project administration. It assists it like a precision tool. You have to have a plan of how to structure and implement the project in Asana prior to the project. Get your team trained early.

Organization. Communication. Status Updates without interrupting work.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Asana review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"Effective project management"

What do you like best?

One of best product for large teams to keep in track. Allocating tasks feature is very useful. File sharing among team members in one of the best features. It's very easy to assign/change tasks in bulk. We have the Pro version and love the functionality of custom fields (although a con is that you only see the latest custom fields created by anyone and there's no controls so it can turn into inconsistencies or duplication of efforts.) Support was good and account manager used an onboarding template to outline our steps to help acclimate us.

What do you dislike?

There are ways to control email notifications within each project (or turn off completely), but in spite of training, I still struggle with that as I set up new projects and getting enough, but not too many, reminders. Subtasks are great to hide granular-level items or breakdown a single task to multiple users, but they're not automatically assigned to the parent project of the task they're created under. Notifications don't include the parent project name and the task isn't always clear when taken out of context.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your team is less than 15 people, free version of Asana would be the best option for you to start. Some paid features will require upgrading. However, my team managed to use free version for almost two years. We upgraded to paid version only when our team grew and we had to add more people to our workspace. Check for Asana user cases posted in their blogs. There are some really good tips there which will ease your work with Asana. Also Asana promotes agile project management and you can create a kanban board for your project if necessary.

Helps to control every task of my team. With ready integrations (namely Slack and Google Docs integrations) Asana makes communication and cooperation between my team members more effective. Asana has also improved performance time and quality of completed tasks.

Asana review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Amazing for task management"

What do you like best?

My favorite Asana feature is when it automatically creates a task when I send it to special email. Many other apps do this, but Asana creates tasks from emails just as I expect it. I’ve tried many of task and project management tools. Asana is so successful for one simple reason – its dashboard looks like an inbox. Most people send and get their task by email and get used to inbox design and structure.

What do you dislike?

Asana can lead to inbox-overload. By default, you are subscribed to updates on any task that you create or follow. Updates include someone marking a task complete, leaving a comment on a task, or adding a file to a task. This means that if your coworker adds a file, makes a comment, then assigns the task back to you, then marks the task complete, you're looking at 4 emails in 10 seconds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps to control every task of my team. With ready integrations (namely Slack and Google Docs integrations) Asana makes communication and cooperation between my team members more effective. Asana has also improved performance time and quality of completed tasks.

Asana review by Tyler G.
Tyler G.

"Asana - the best online project management tool"

What do you like best?

I like the super easy-to-use interface. The Asana software is extremely simple to use and everything is so intuitive, which is super nice. They have tutorials that are optional when you first log into your account that you can go through to learn about all the different things that Asana has to offer. The ability to add your entire team to your project plans is a phenomenal way to get work done together even if you are not in the same place at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I wish that more of the features on Asana were not premium features, and were available with the free version. As a small business with not too many available funds for software such as Asana, it would be nice to have these additional features to use with the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple, yet effective way to do project management, then Asana is definitely the way to go.

Asana provides an excellent way to organize each of our project plans that we are working on at NoMo Diagnostics. We use the collaborative features all the time as some of our employees are located in New York and the rest are in Chicago. The time difference sometimes makes it hard to find a time to meet together, but the collaboration features allow us to all review the project plan on our own time and make our own contributions to the data when needed.

Asana review by Loren C.
Loren C.

"Outstanding replacement for task management."

What do you like best?

The best thing that I like about this software is that one can easily learn how to use this awesome software within very short time. It provides best and easiest ways for tracing projects as well as tasks. Love the notification, alerts and comment options that really keeps us up to date. Nowadays to great extent it is being used by many users for protect management. It provides us the advance timeline features and functions and the ability to monitor members really appreciated. It really has the feature they meets our requirements and make our work more easy to complete. I have accomplished many protects with the help of Asana It has been a satisfying product for our entire team.

What do you dislike?

The one difficulty that I find in this software is that in order to use this software one's internet connection should be strong enough because this software is little bit heavy as compare to others. NO other any kind of problem I have ever faced. fully featured tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is highly recommended to run the business effectively. I would say Asana is the perfect solution for tracking the interests and activities of whole company. Asana fulfills all the essential needs of our team.

I am having wonderful experience with this software. It provides excellent ways of managing and communicating with team members. Best collaborative management tool I have ever used.

Asana review by Andrea C.
Andrea C.

"Organize yourself productively in all your contexts"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, in less than an hour you can learn to use all its functionalities. It is ideal to have a list of the tasks you do during the week, both in your work and in your daily life. You can create projects in the form of boards to track and create reminders. You can create very detailed checklist templates to copy and paste whenever you need it.

What do you dislike?

The platform is a bit heavy, I tried it with an average internet connection and I had to wait long enough for all the dependencies to load. The rest is an excellent software, I do not regret having it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version is very complete and I think it is more than enough for any type of average user. The premium version includes schedules, custom fields and much more. It's really worth paying for a premium version since its price is very low.

It has the option to be synchronized with Google Calendar and increase its potential use, as well as the synchronization with Gmail to activate it appears a button to send the email to the tasks, so you can turn it into a project, just great.

Asana review by Carlota A.
Carlota A.

"Manage and organize your team's work."

What do you like best?

With Asana I can trace my projects and tasks in a simple way, be it a marketing campaign or a project launch, Asana allows me to create lists of objectives and tasks so that all their teams are up to date. You can also create activity plans, you have many options to share information of all kinds, whether files or documents.

What do you dislike?

Asana allows you to integrate third-party add-ons, but many of these are usually very expensive, their interface is updated however the first time you use it it will cost a bit of work to understand its functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a tool that can be adapted to any work environment, you can organize everything you want, plus you will be in contact with your team in a very simple way and without using other software.

It helps me a lot to maintain communication with my team, with asana I can achieve my goals quickly and in this way I can meet the deadlines of projects and tasks at work.

Asana review by Rodolfo M.
Rodolfo M.

"Asana as an easy alternative to task management"

What do you like best?

Easy of use, quick to learn.

Asana gives visibility to the pending tasks in a snap.

Helps control the pendings and prioritize the tasks.

The clean user interface.

What do you dislike?

If you don't organize your tasks properly, sometimes it is easy to loose or don't see pending tasks.

The hability for subtasks, although very powerful, can be confusing if the subtaks go too deep.

The editors are not "wisig".

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Decide beforehand the overall structure of project, subprojects, tasks and teams.

2) Don't go too deep using subtasking. Two levels is good, three levels max. No more!

3) The learning curve is short, but if you are migrating from another tool (as was our case, migrating from trello), Asana can be difficult to switch. In our case, people who use trello is much more visual, using "cards" and Asana is more of a list view.

Although we are using the free version, Asana has helped us a lot on:

1) Communication between teams.

2) Transparency on delegation and responsibility.

3) Due dates assignment (or reassignment).

Asana review by Emma M.
Emma M.

"Excellent organizational and team collaboration tool."

What do you like best?

Asana is a advanced tool for managing team work or private projects. What I feel about Asana is, It looks a great companion on the way of project management and it is also a decent replacement of email for task communication and collaboration. It is very easy to use even its basic feature are really interesting they make easy to have access on Asana. I like the way it let us create individual channels even from different teams and allows us to invite each other in respecting group. One more thing that I like I gives us timeline , schedule meetings and reminders all in one platform. Additionally I would say It is a user-friendly tool.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I would like to have on Asana that is the list of past project that has been completed in order to review the description information of project. Asana's dashboard does not provide useful details or important information that could help the user for completing the work quickly.The last thing printing functions need some improvements.

This is the Project management tool which we most use with clients. It shows its importance and gives us much benefits for completing our large and small projects. In simple wording I can say Asana has a big hand in our every project.

Asana review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Excellent general project management solution"

What do you like best?

- Multiple views to see what your most pressing todos are.

- Extremely generous free tier allows you to do a lot with a small team.

- Workspaces allow you to work with multiple accounts and domains in one dashboard.

- Excellent kanban board functionality for todo lists, product roadmaps, and more!

What do you dislike?

- You can't completely delete a Workspace, you can only leave it, even if you're the only member inside that workspace.

- File management could be better to stay organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're trying to run your business as lean as possible, Asana is an excellent project management tool. I've tried Trello, Workflowy, and a vast assortment of other tools, but nothing has worked for me quite like Asana has. I would recommend it as a staple solution in your software toolbox.

We're using Asana to manage our projects and todo lists. This helps us stay accountable to each other as the todo lists are reviewed in our weekly management meetings. We also use it to track projects, delegate tasks, add dependencies, and more. It's a great overall system.

Asana review by Dimitris R.
Dimitris R.

"A must-have project management tool"

What do you like best?

The first thing that I immediately liked on Asana was the look and feel. It is clean and the ability to customize it makes it even more appealing.

The philosophy behind it is straightforward and very easy to understand.

Team and projects are the heart of the system. On each project, there are tasks and subtasks. That allows teams to organize and break down each project into multiple sections.

Features such are templates, tagging and easy assignment as well as timeline offer a great set of tools that help the overall process.

Also, addons like Everhour (time tracking) provide additional functionality to the product.

What do you dislike?

Asana lucks the ability to have a full view of an employee across all projects that he/she is involved. This is something that will be added in the near future though.

Also, I would love to see more options that resemble Jira - like sprints for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is an amazing tool that can be used to track the activities of an entire company to a single place. The toolset is extremely easy to use and add-ons provide even more functionality to the product. We removed all other tools (Podio, Basecamp) from our toolset and now we use Asana internally and externally.

Asana is the single PM tool that we use internally and externally with clients. This way we have a single point of reference for all our communication and project management.

Asana review by Pablo M.
Pablo M.

"Forma tu equipo y organízales"

What do you like best?

El calendario es completamente interactivo, casi que puedes hacer todo desde allí, lo cual es muy bueno para quienes tienen proyectos muy marcados por el tiempo, ya que te crea un time line muy bueno y puedes ir asignando y creando tareas in situ dentro del calendario, luego cada tarea lleva a su muro y demás, lo cual es fabuloso porque puedes empezar en el calendario tu sesión y tener en cuenta todo de manera rápida.

What do you dislike?

No me gusta para nada que fuera del calendario tenga tantísimas opciones en tantos menús, porque te obliga a navegar entre varios menús para encontrar la opción que buscabas, al final acabas yendo siempre al menú por ser la interfaz mejor hecha.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No es difícil de usar, pero recomiendo usar solo el calendario, tienes todo allí al fin y al cabo.

Como organización, debemos organizarnos y Asana es el programa perfecto para ello, por eso lo hemos escogido, usamos en su día Trello, pero deja mucho que desear sobre todo en cuanto al calendario, time line y todo lo relacionado con el tiempo, que para nosotros es vital.

Asana review by Clara C.
Clara C.

"Not friendly"

What do you like best?

I like being able to organize myself and my coworkers in a sigle app with a lot of options. It's a web focused on improving team's productivity and it is obvious from the first minute. I like the care and effort they put to do a complete web application.

What do you dislike?

I don't like th desing and for me I was difficult to get in. Sometimes I though I had too much options to learn about, I've needed a youtube tutorial to understand how all works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to at least try asana. I f you get how it works quickly, it becomes a powerful we application and it's useful to imrpove your productivity. I do not recommend to spend money on asana having other options, I tried it and I think we are going to stop using the paid version.

Team management and task management mainly. Also coworkership, obviously. We benefit from collaboraion and scheduling, so we improved our productivity.

Asana review by Abbie B.
Abbie B.

"Not User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to collaborate with co-workers. Asana makes it easy to collaborate. I like that you can easily see and filter out which tasks you need to accomplish within a specific timeframe. The one thing that I liked the best was the ability to add a recipient to each task. It was helpful for sorting out who was supposed to be doing what task. Tasks were not overlooked because each task had a person or people assigned to it.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the interface is very user friendly. I ultimately did not continue using Asana as it was not as user friendly as I would have liked and it seemed to take too much time to learn than what it is worth. It was useful for the time period we needed it for at the time, but I don't think we will be continuing to use it in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Asana to anyone who needs assistance with team collaboration and time and task management. Asana is helpful to keep work flowing and time sensitive tasks accomplished.

Collaboration. Task Management. Time management. Our team benefited from collaboration, task management and time management tools. We were able to successfully track and complete projects and tasks that would have easily been overlooked and forgotten if we had not used the software. We benefited from Asana to complete a large project. The collaboration tools helped us to keep track of who was supposed to do what.

Asana review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Asana is a great project management tool, especially when working with teams. "

What do you like best?

Recurring tasks and simple task delegation make it easy to manage weekly tasks/projects and stay up to date on who is accomplishing each task and whether it has been completed.

I also love Asana's 'boards' project type. It is a "Trello-like" experience and is great for managing progress on different projects when columns are designated for each step.

What do you dislike?

I find that the "My Tasks" view often requires too much management of its own and can quickly get out of hand when it's not managed. This is a big reason why I say that Asana is great a project management but not the best at managing one individual's tasks/to-do list. The "My Tasks" view feels a bit unnatural and awkward and simply requires too much management of its own.

Due date notifications are not ideal and Asana has set up their application in a way that requires you to "live" in the app in order to stay up to date with your tasks.

Asana's mobile app has been one of it's weakest aspects. However, they have recently released new updates which has gone a long way to improve its usefulness. With that being said, it's still quite underpowered compared to its desktop web application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is great as a project management solution, especially when working with teams. However, it isn't great at being a task manager/to-do list application for managing your own individual tasks.

Asana has given me a streamlined method for managing projects and delegating tasks to other individuals. Viewing the status of a task that has been delegated is simple and I also receive notifications when a task is completed.

Asana review by Kristy K.
Kristy K.

"Asana: Good Project Management and Team Work App"

What do you like best?

Asana is great for small teams. I recently collaborated with another person on a long-term project and used Asana to track action items and progress. You can also have conversations, share files, and track your progress on multiple projects. Action items drag and drop easily so you can rearrange them if something in your project changes.

What do you dislike?

The interface was a little confusing at first. You have to click through different levels of screens to get to where you want to go, and sometimes it can feel like you're in a maze. The general arrangement of information just took me a few days to get used to for some reason. I do wish there was a way to make the whole thing simpler or have less screen hopping.

I'm keeping track of my to-do list, and I'm able to mark off and archive items that I've completed (which I really like). I think it's helped me to see how much progress I'm making. I can also look back at conversations and old documents, which comes in handy when planning for future projects. The ability to tag team members directly and have conversations cuts down on emails, too!

Asana review by Shelby S.
Shelby S.

"Asana needs some UX help"

What do you like best?

I like how Asana uses an outline design format, allowing you to detail projects in a bullet point-like fashion. It makes it easy to see a project at a glance.

What do you dislike?

The interface feels clunky at times to navigate. For example, it would be so much more user friendly if users could resize panels according to their preferred size. But Asana is not truly responsive because it has a minimum width it must be open to in order to see all the content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana does its job well, but for low-level users of the program like me, it doesn't have great adaptability to my preferences that would make me want to use the product more. Rather, I use it because I have to, and put up with its limitations because it's the company's software of choice.

The company uses Asana to outline podcast projects, parts of which are assigned to different people on the team.

Asana review by Sally A.
Sally A.

"Asana for start ups "

What do you like best?

I like that Asana allows me to integrate it into other programs I use for project management, such as monday.com. I also find the app version to be very user friendly compared to other programs I've used. I also like that the website and the app are comparable to each other, they aren't so different that I become confused. Asana came highly recommended to me from HR friends I have however our team was hesitant to use it at first.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a first time use tutorial. I found it hard to navigate at first and found myself getting frustrated. A simple tutorial would be a great touch to get familiar with it. It would be nice if I could create a contact card that allowed me to put my contact into other than just my email address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We hesitated to use Asana at first, I'm not sure why, however after using other programs we realized Asana was actually the better option for our teams needs. I suggest to first try Asana then explore other options because it is likely that you will just stick to it and not feel the need to find something else.

Project management, assigning tasks to team members, being held accountable for the tasks.

Asana review by Jose B.
Jose B.

"Product over average"

What do you like best?

The easiest way to manage team tasks and projects. Asana offers everything you need to be synchronized, meet deadlines and achieve your goals. Easy to use and easy to set up. All the time was happy with the app. Very visual.

What do you dislike?

It has some similar areas which confuses and causes that in the end they are divided into two groups. The price would be another flaw, there are few members per team and then each member costs individually, there are no good offers for large groups unless you contact with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Asana to campanies where people have to work togheter and syncronization is very important. It is easy to use and set up, and visually looks fine, what improves your experience. You won't regret it.

I visualized my work and the work of my collegues. I made my work and the other's work advance through the various stages of the project with speed, ease and excellence.

Asana review by Carl B.
Carl B.

"Asana helps keep everything under control."

What do you like best?

I really like the user interface; you can configure it for your needs. I also like that you can choose the appearance of your Dashboard (tasks in the form of panels or as a list). It is easy to create tasks, organize them and monitor their implementation. You can easily assign a task to any member of your team and Asana itself will monitor the timing of its implementation. I also like the ability to integrate with other services. We use Asana with Slack. In addition, I synchronize my own tasks with my Google Calendar.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to configure all notifications. I have moments when I have hundreds of notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop using only e-mail and begin to monitor your tasks in Asana. The service is quite simple to use. You will be able to organize your work at the highest level.

Asana helped us to organize our team more effectively. Now each of its members knows exactly their tasks and the terms of their implementation. Now there is no situation when we forgot about a promise to our client. We also improved communication within our team.

Asana review by Dustin K.
Dustin K.

"Use it because there is nothing better...yet. "

What do you like best?

Has the most features than any software in its industry. Has plenty of options, and is easy enough to use.

What do you dislike?

There is a huge bug where if you put to many projects in one group then the tasks within it will stop showing up for people.... randomly. It's an easy fix to create a new group, however there is no warning that the group is too full to accept additional projects, so there might be some time before anyone picks up on this. This has caused my company to miss deadlines in the past and is the main reason as soon as there is an alternative our company will drop Asana like a bad habit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If they fix that issue and there is still not a better alternative..... then yes I guess your stuck with it.

We use it to assign out work and so other teams can see what projects members are working on.

Asana review by Spencer C.
Spencer C.

"Excellent Tool For Visualizing Work and Flow"

What do you like best?

Many web-based kanban/AGILE/swim-lane tools and project management tools in general are complex and difficult to learn. When I was presented the task of managaing a complex technical project with a team of 20+ manufacturing managers, team leads, and engineers, I knew I needed a simple tool that was visual, colorful, and inviting. After a lot of searching, I found Asana and I was very pleased. The click and drag UI with simple, clean, and colorful theme made it appealing to users and easy to train on. Even users with very little history with web-tools could go in and see what work was assigned to them and provide updates. This is a tool I will continue to use.

What do you dislike?

There are some features I am not a fan of. For instance, the fact that a task can have only one assignee. However, Asana has an active forum environment and has responded to others with this issue. Their perspective makes sense - at the end of the day, you want ONE person ho can answer for a deliverable. "When everyone owns it, no one owns it." However, this is difficult when trying to structure layered teams.

Also, I was not a fan of the 3rd party integrations available and the lack of Gantt chart support. I ended up using Insta-Gantt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time learning the features, setting up tags and favorites, and browse the forums. This is not only a simple tool to use, but is feature rich.

- Team synergy

- Work assignment tracking

- WBS

- Progress tracking

Better communication, more task/responsibility awareness, simple, short, concise, and more frequent communication intervals through comments on tasks and sub-tasks.

Asana review by Camille Angelica M.
Camille Angelica M.

"ASANA has been very helpful."

What do you like best?

The projects are well organized and ASANA is user friendly. We can easily access the projects added on asana and can easily upload and attach documents as well. Asana is like a one stop shop where everything is really accessible. You don't need to find other platforms as everyhting could be in asana.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike in using ASANA. Since I start using asana, there is no downside of it that I have found. And I have no issues encountered. It has been really a great help. And it has been one foundations of our success with regards to the projects we worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend asana to others. Most especially those people who are working in a group and working on many projects as well. Even though there are many project handlers, you can easily be on track as everything is really organized and it is really user friendly. The comments are also a great help as all the insights of the members or the handlers of the projects are being considered.

Asana has been used as our method of communication in taking over some projects with the clients. And it has been so easy for us because it is organized and easy to use. There are many benefits that I have experienced with asana. It has been a great help on managing projects, even though we have so many projects on going it has been easy because of the user friendly interface asana has.

Asana review by Abraham G.
Abraham G.

"Specially designed to keep track of your tasks"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, economical and very powerful. Each time they update it, expanding new features and integrations. It plans the projects and allows to establish priorities and deadlines, it also has an excellent follow-up control and allows to know how the work progresses and guides everything to the same objectives.

What do you dislike?

You need custom calendars that can be linked to specific tasks. It lacks Gantt diagrams to be able to diagram the activities and be easy to understand among the collaborators. It has a great learning curve and therefore it is possible to get lost among the large number of features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a very simple and efficient user interface that facilitates the visualization of all jobs in one place.

It is a powerful project management software based on the web and it is a huge advantage since we can access the progress of our projects from any device. In a company it is of vital importance and Asana is perfect. It allows configuring project managers and these in turn can create users as required. It is simply excellent.

Asana review by Natalie D.
Natalie D.

"Awesome task management tool"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to create task lists for different projects and set clear due dates that are easy to keep track of.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no option to set photo covers for tasks and that I cannot assign a task to more than one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Asana to any one who is working on a project in which organization and due dates are important. It is even great for personal use because it will help you keep track of what needs to get done and which items are a priority. You can leave notes in each task so that you don't forget a thing.

Before Asana, delegating tasks to my team was a difficult mission and often times people would have to jot down projects and other things I ask them to do. Now, I can just create tasks and assign them to the necessary person and when they are complete, they just assign the task back to me and I can be notified and take a look. It is super beneficial that I can organize everything that needs to get done into separate project tabs and then create sub groups of smaller tasks that need to be done within that project. It is very convenient.

Asana review by Kunal P.
Kunal P.

"A great tool to manage your projects and team organized "

What do you like best?

In general, I like the design and shading plan. I incline toward Asana to a portion of alternate choices out there. I suggest beginning with the free form it's an awesome method to get comfortable with everything and you may discover it suits your necessities fine and dandy.

Asana has huge amounts of highlights and can truly encourage you and your group remains on track. I like the undertaking Timeline highlight which makes a fantastic perspective of the assignments and colleagues chipping away at them. Making and doling out new errands is a breeze. You can likewise rapidly advise which colleague should do what. Relegating a due date will likewise send programmed suggestions to the colleague included. There are likewise various view modes to accommodate your organization's particular needs.

What do you dislike?

Something that I don't care for is that toward the starting it isn't so natural to utilize. This office is taken with involvement, however, once you know how to utilize it is super simple. Something else that I don't care for is the way that the email you get about the advancement of the assignments has almost no data about the errand. I figure I ought to have the name of the task and the dates set for it at any rate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is an incredible instrument regardless of whether simply utilized at a fundamental level. Anyway there is a considerable measure of included advantage from investing energy adapting all the extra highlights that can be utilized and transform it into a great undertaking administration instrument, for example, assignment conditions, repeating errands, sharing errands between various activities and so forth.

Association of task courses of events and individuals' daily agendas. We likewise acquaint greater customers with asana to work with us in the product and they adore it. They have the capacity to be associated with the task and see improvement as we take a shot at it. It reduces email and ensures that tasks are not becoming lost despite a general sense of vigilance. It is additionally, specialized apparatus for administration in the organization to keep progressing private notes and help ourselves to remember essential things on a month to month/week by week premise if necessary.

Asana review by Katherine A.
Katherine A.

"It is a great software for project management"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and its interface is friendly and beautiful. You have the ability to organize task for separated projects and assign them to anyone with a due date. It is great for making project management and follow up and keeping all the project documentation in one place.

What do you dislike?

Progress reports could be better and show more detailed information that finished task and unfinished. I wish they would improve the mobile APP to be as friendly as the PC version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you to give it a try, you could use it at work for keeping your work organized or for doing to do list for your personal projects.

We use Asana to keep all of our Development Sprints in order, making all the activities follow up and all our team is connected and in the same page. Also it has help us documenting all the new customers requirements.

Asana review by Mariana B.
Mariana B.

"The new platform to organize your projects and tasks"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent tool that will allow you to organize your work, allows you to have work teams, with which you can share documents, can have conversations, have a list of tasks and see the process of them in a very simple way, its interface is very attractive and very easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

It has a free version that is very limited, and another thing that I do not like is that it can not prioritize tasks and, since it is an online software, sometimes the Internet connection can affect the speed with which it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent software for collaboration in the team, it is ideal for people who are far away and do not have time to be in an office.

I can organize my team very easily, avoiding meetings, we can be more productive when we do the tasks or activities.

Asana review by Kristelle Joy B.
Kristelle Joy B.

"Best Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

The best thing in ASANA is that it is very easy to use. No need to wait to load the open and close subtasks and wait for it to load again. You can just click and you will see all the things you needed. It doesn't slow down the loading time even though the conversation is too long already.

What do you dislike?

It is pricey. The heartbreaking part is when it is very effective to use but the company have to let go using it because we can't afford it as we hire more employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They must avail this if they are really having trouble in tracking tasks. It is also surprisingly effective at clients communications too especially to us who deals with Web Design clients. Every discussion is there, any changes is there as well. So, even if you are about to continue the project that was left by another employee, you will not have any trouble at all. You can just accept the task and do it!

The back and forth. It is because you can see the whole task thread easily. Nobody is being left out. We can pass a task from one shift to another without hassle.

Asana review by Denis V.
Denis V.

"Asana - collaborative application for your business. "

What do you like best?

Great tool for organization protects and tasks withing company. Easy of use and nice graphical user interface. With Asana you can organize tasks in different way like list or in board style. Asana offers easy collaboration between teams. Plus it offers calendars, notifications, file sharing, keep tracking history, searching options and so forth. It even has free version to help you estimate it's opportunities.

What do you dislike?

It will take some amount of time to learn of it is multiple capabilities to understand what configuration and methods will work for you. It has issue with permissions, where all users have same ones and it is ease

accidentally change or delete something, but it is fair to say you can such easy return it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not suitable for all companies, it is good for large, but not for small ones.

With Asana you can organize work of your whole company by monitoring all projects, their progress and understanding who and what is doing in current moment, conducting your business in right way.

Asana review by Mentor D.
Mentor D.

"Very Lovely! "

What do you like best?

It is great at assigning tasks and keeping accountability high due to tracking the process capabilities of the platform. Excellent for teams that don't work in person. My team is across the ocean and it is pretty difficult to get everyone aligned especially considering the time zones and the ineffectiveness of email communications. Therefore, i would highly recommend anybody who is looking to get more productive with their teams who don't work in person to use Asana. Also, did I mention that it seamlessly integrate with google documents? Yes!! Smooth and amazing :)

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little smarter by somehow knowing what tasks we need to complete a follow-up. Sometimes in the mids of all the tasks and goals that we have set to accomplish - things can get lost. I wish Asana was using some sort of Artificial Intelligence algorithm to get more out of the people who are using the platform - by suggesting things that have been left aside.

Working with a team across the ocean is very difficult. Nothing is more difficult then that - so for us it is extremely important to get aligned and get things done on time.

Asana review by Allie L.
Allie L.

"Great for Keeping a Small Team Organized"

What do you like best?

I like that you can keep track of your own tasks, while being able to see coworker's tasks at a glance. I also like the ease of being able to go back and look at previously completed tasks, and uploading documents for reference. Overall, Asana integrates well with other products we use (i.e. Harvest, Dropbox, etc.)

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue that I've experienced is having no clear way of seeing full projects. It's a frustration that if one deadline moves, everything else has to be manually moved. The start/end dates also are a bit misleading. If we add start dates, the task doesn't show on the top someone's task list until the end date, which at some points may be too late. Instead, it would be helpful if they showed on the start date and stayed at the top until the end date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small companies - but still is lacking in some respects (i.e. start dates/end dates), doing bulk changes, etc.

Before using Asana, the team was using a Google Doc (back when there was only a handful of employees). Now with 18 employees, it's a far better way to manage projects and deadlines. We can easily see how busy each person is, and when they have capacity to fit additional work in.

Asana review by Kristina K.
Kristina K.

"Asana - a bit complicated, but does a good job"

What do you like best?

It is used as a task management and project management tool. Its easy integration with the Gantt charts made it very suitable for the needs of our company. Create tasks, assign them to different people, set deadlines, download files, discuss discussions on each thread.

What do you dislike?

Adding options to chat on the platform would be great.

This is very difficult, and in order to use all the specific functions, everyone must follow all the textbooks, which requires a lot of time.

In most cases, it's difficult for me to find what I'm looking for, because there are sections, subsections, project names, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is well suited if the company is ready to organize training for all employees so that they can use all the functions of the platform. If you need a simple task management tool, Asana is not suitable, because it is too complex.

It is used as a task management and project management tool. His easy integration with the Gantt charts contributed to his meeting the needs of our company. Creating tasks, assigning them to different people, setting deadlines, downloading files, leading discussions on each thread are just some of the features that the platform offers.

Asana review by Daniela T.
Daniela T.

"Better Than Most"

What do you like best?

Overall I like the layout and color scheme. I prefer Asana to some of the other alternatives out there. I recommend starting with the free version it's a great way to get familiar with everything and you may find it suits your needs just fine.

Asana has tons of features and can really help you and your team stay on track. I like the project Timeline feature which creates an excellent view of the tasks and team members working on them. Creating and assigning new tasks is a breeze. You can also very quickly tell which team member is supposed to be doing what. Assigning a due date will also send automatic reminders to the team member involved. There are also many different view modes to fit your company's specific needs.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not as intuitive as some other options. Some team members struggled to navigate their way around the platform. The slack integration doesn't work. It shows all alerts. Wish you could do more complex sorting for projects such as sort by priority and then date. It won't let you do this. The Gantt Chart can be done a little bit better UI wise, it is too big to follow it properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, especially for smaller business, I find it a bit annoying to do scrum tho.

Making assign tasks and creating projects easier. The way you can divide the project in tasks and create boards with the tasks make it very easy to visualise the entire project, it really helps to project managers and developers to make the communication easier.

Asana review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Simple but effective adhoc task management, flexible"

What do you like best?

When I was first introduced to Kanban a number of years ago, there wasn't any really easy to use software out there that I liked, until I was introduced to Asana. The notifications, project visualizations and overall UI is superb. They also continue to advance the product, some of the newer project management features and the things on the road map are particularly exciting.

What do you dislike?

For non technical people who are used to working in email, it can be a difficult learning curve, but if you stick with it (them), they get the hang as soon as the concept clicks for them. I'd like to see more templates made available for starting projects with boards, there are a few good ones now, but there could be so many more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are unfamiliar with the concept of boards, I suggest reviewing all the videos they have that explain some of the kanban concepts as well as how different types of people use it. You might also be interested in going to Youtube and searching for how to get the most out of kanban or how to get the most out of Asana. There are a lot of videos and user reviews out there beyond this site and some fantastic guides.

Getting work tasks, especially adhoc tasks, out of email and into a trackable system so that everyone on the team knows what is done, what is being worked on and what isn't. It makes the whole team more efficient. It also helps with alignment and communications broadly.

Asana review by ★ STACI J.
★ STACI J.

"Project Management System for Your Whole Team!"

What do you like best?

Each project is listed, with each task that is needed. We are able to set up templates and copy those for projects that have like tasks, but yet, we can add in new tasks or adjust or change after we copy the template. Overall Asana provides us with a lot of options for all the project we work on for all our clients.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I really don't have anything I don't like. We've been using it company wide for over a month and it has helped us to stay more on top of our projects, but seeing our "My Tasks" tab which also provides you with a way to organize and categorize the tasks that is listed specifically for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a Project Management system that will allow you to provide your team with the best of both worlds - giving them their tasks and have everything in one system for task driven completion, then hands down, Asana is a smart choice.

Complete tasks on time. Assign tasks to team members to ensure that a step or task is not missed during our project scope for what we've agreed to complete for clients. We also use Asana with our clients, and to date, it's working nicely to give them the inner view of how the project is proceeding, which we update them each week with a weekly report, but they can check Asana whenever they'd like as well.

Asana review by laura c.
laura c.

"Excellent Project Management "

What do you like best?

I love the organization in Asana and how easy it is to create projects with team members, tasks, timelines, and invite clients in to collaborate with us. The task list makes it super easy to see how your day/week looks and makes you feel accomplished when you can check something off.

What do you dislike?

Conversations get lost sometimes in the news feed. When several people are collaborating on a project it's sometimes hard to loop the third person into a conversation since it can only be assigned to one person at a time. It'd be great to be able to assign one task to multiple people rather than assign a copy so that several people can be included in the alerts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are still playing around with the pros and cons of pin boards versus lists for projects. They offer both views but you cannot switch it once you choose. Some project timelines work better on boards than others, but tasks don't disappear which is sometimes annoying. So it does take some testing on what works best for your projects and sometimes starting a project over with a new type of task list.

Organization of project time lines and people's to do lists. We also introduce bigger clients to asana to work with us in the software and they love it. They have the capability to be involved in the project and see progress as we work on it. It helps alleviate email and make sure that projects are not falling through the cracks. It is also a great communication tool for leadership in the company to keep ongoing private notes and remind ourselves of important things on a monthly/weekly basis if needed.

Asana review by Julie P.
Julie P.

"Project Management & Tracking"

What do you like best?

Communication with my entire team in one place. I am able to upload documents and videos and add others to a thread while assigning tasks and creating project out lines. It is a great one stop spot for things. You can also tag coworkers in comments or threads to ensure they know you are talking to them specifically.

What do you dislike?

I get sooooo lost. I feel like I am constantly losing things in Asana (as in can't remember where I saw it or find it in the program easily) I tend to be a fairly organized person so either our company is not utilizing the layout and features properly or I get easily confused. For example, I may be included on a project and asked to complete something, but if it wasn't assigned as a task to me I have to scroll through the projects or my inbox to find it. Or, if I am assigned subtasks, they all fall under the same title in my task list so I will have to open up each one to find the specific task I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at examples from other companies on how they structured their organization to see what will best fit your company's needs. That way you don't have to go through and do a bunch of clean up.

Communication between our team who works across 2 different states. We use dropbox for file sharing, but this platform is great for notes on specific files and tasks assigned. Once we decide on finals, we then transfer to dropbox.

Asana review by Ariel M.
Ariel M.

"Keeps me and my team organized"

What do you like best?

Asana is so easy to use and it's a breeze to create tasks, assign tasks, reorganize tasks,etc

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you can't choose which buttons are the most easily accessible (ie: I never need the link button, but always use the tags button, which is in a different menu)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Asana for anyone in the market. I have even created an additional account with my personal email address that I use for getting tasks done around the house. Asana really helps with everyday life, inside and outside the office!

Some of my coworkers are really disorganized and would try to just remember things they needed to get done, which never worked well. Now that we use Asana though, we have been able to keep everyone on track and organized! This has been a HUGE help to the organization of the company as a whole.

Asana review by Steven M.
Steven M.

"Excellent Collaborative PM Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily create, assign and prioritise tasks for a project, as well as being able to create subtasks and mark dependencies is very helpful.

The conversations view allows basic email tracking to log communications with clients, which is incredibly helpful. And although still basic, the Timeline view gives a good overview of a gantt chart view.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is quite weak, your currently can't report on subtasks which are important to how we manage our current projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is a great tool even if just used at a basic level. However there is a lot of added benefit from spending time learning all the additional features that can be used and turn it into a very powerful project management tool, such as task dependencies, recurring tasks, sharing tasks between multiple projects etc.

All our companies Projects are managed through Asana. This allows us to organise and plan out our current a future workloads. It also allows us to easily provide customers with updates based on the progress of their project and any tasks outstanding.

We have multiple projects that follow the same process, with a lot of duplicate tasks and a few specific to that project. We can use the template feature to recreate these projects and update the specific tasks as necessary.

The integration with Instagantt is also very helpful allowing us to update Asana timelines and view them in a Gantt chart, and calculate individual or team workloads.

Asana review by Larry E.
Larry E.

"Project Management For Everyone Else"

What do you like best?

The Asana platform eases you into projects and tasks management. With its web based interface and collaborative tools built in, you can get directly involved in using the software without all the traditional Onboarding headaches associated with other project management tools

What do you dislike?

The Asana platform is singularly project /tasked focused. While that is a great feature, some integration with other web services or platforms is suggested. The Asana Platform is also appears alittle sophomoric. Yeah its easy to use, but visual counts as well The UX design could a better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the trial a serious go...at the end, you will know without a doubt if this is platform for you.

The chief business problem we are solving is the alignment with all stakeholders. The Asana platform is allowing for a single version of the truth in where are with project/program progress. The chief benefit is accountability

Asana review by Federico J.
Federico J.

"Makes my day to day so much simpler"

What do you like best?

I can keep track of everything that's happening with my business in a simple to use, great looking dashboard. Asana has the right amount of features for people looking to add to their regular to-do apps, but at the same time don't want to spend hours customizing stuff or learning how to use the software.

Everything is very intuitive. I've used Asana for different businesses (as freelancer, as employee, as project manager, as business owner) and always found a way to organize my workflow to serve my goals and role.

What do you dislike?

Lately I've seen some notifications to go missing. My phone is not alerting my of new activity and the web app takes some time to refresh when there are new comments or tasks created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial to see if it fits your organization. The free trial comes with massive features that you can test before making a decision to upgrade.

I wanted to keep track of all my tasks and daily progress. Instead of using pen and paper scattered all around or combining 2 or 3 to-do apps to get where I wanted to be... now I use Asana.

Asana review by Allison K.
Allison K.

"Great project management tool for teams"

What do you like best?

Asana was easy to figure out right away and didn't take long for me to start setting up projects and adding tasks.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more of a basecamp like feature where you could keep notes for each project. You can place notes in tasks, and there's one tab for conversations, but it would be nice to be able to store all project related conversations, files etc. within one central location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like the Discussions feature in Basecamp, this product is going to be a little lacking. It's still a great software though, so finding an alternative might be a good option.

With a virtual office, it's super helpful to know what everyone's working on, what is coming, etc. We don't have to guess or keep checking in on each other, and we can all easily assign each other tasks as needed.

Asana review by Robert J.
Robert J.

"Perfect Task Manager"

What do you like best?

Any problem can be planned as much as possible in detail. You can make projects under joint tasks, divide them into sections. Also, each task can have its own tags (not only standard ones but any ones you want). Design and usability are indeed at a high level. Especially when compared with the old version of the service or some similar system. The opportunity to invite a person for general work on projects. For the invitation, it is sufficient to know only the email. For team members, you can assign different levels of access. A very convenient option for visualizing tasks by days. It is easy to find out what tasks are planned for the next week. You can transfer tasks between days simply by dragging and dropping them.

What do you dislike?

The Android application contains all the basic functions. However, it's much more convenient to work from the desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is everything you need: projects, tasks, subtasks, a system of reminders, a calendar, discussions of tasks, in addition, a nice design and an intuitive interface. A free version is enough for the job. It provides for up to 15 participants. There is a Premium version with a number of additional features.

We use almost all the functions of this service. For me, this is the best system of joint coordination. People in my team know exactly what to do and when to do it. My clients know exactly what is happening with their projects. Moreover, I know how to plan my day. Communication is directly related to tasks and results - this is really important.

Asana review by Derik P.
Derik P.

"Great Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Asana has awesome customization capabilities to tailor it to different types of tasks. It seems rare these days, but I've been very pleased with every single update they've rolled out over the last few years. They listen closely to their users and take feedback well.

What do you dislike?

With this, it's actually a little difficult to find areas I truly dislike. Asana seems to hit the mark for what they created this platform for. Any other types of shortfalls that I've seen are nitpicky or technically out of their scope of business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pair this application with Harvest for time tracking. This is a great way to get an honest test on how much time these tasks and project are taking you and/or your team to complete.

We are an agency that manages about 100 clients between 40 employees. Asana is vital to keep everything running the way it should be. We pair it with Harvest to keep a close eye on the hours we spend on projects & tasks to ensure we're hitting the hours the client is paying for and avoiding going over hours on projects and tasks.

Asana review by Sandra L.
Sandra L.

"Effective and easy project management "

What do you like best?

Easy to create projects and tasks. Very user friendly. Team collaboration and file sharing is one of the best features.

What do you dislike?

We have a free version. I feel that most of my negative feedback would be solved by paid plan. Perhaps too many email notifications is a major dislike. I wish the notification settings had a more robust filtering option. Also, it would be great if the card view projects could be automatically organized by date, like Trello.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small teams. Asana offers a free version which perfect to get you going. Our team has been using free Asana for a number of years now.

Improve project management, task delegation and collaboration. We find it beneficial to have the project data available at one spot and the ability to attached files to tasks.

Asana review by Yaroslav K.
Yaroslav K.

"One App to rule Everywhere and Anytime || Great task and project manager. "

What do you like best?

It's completeness. Asana has every feature I was looking for.

*It connects to your calendar

*It allows structuring (subtasks, priorities, schedules and more...)

*It is flexible - you can adjust it to you personal task. The only thing that is always present is the color and general styling of Asana. But I wouldn't be wrong if I say that this is the most comfortable and intuitive solution out there.

What do you dislike?

There is always a way for improvement.

*Can be faster

*Can be simplier in terms of design

*Can have more integrations

*And finally, more functionality - at least as a choice for users to have.

In general, those few things that are not perfect about Asana are not worth mentioning.

It is my Day-to-Day app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As always, do not forget that everything can happen. Competition is huge and we need your dedication to the job of improving life of other humans.

With Asana workspaces, I can separate my personal and Work Asana.

My primary usage of Asana is about creating my day and planning long-term tasks and projects that require certain amount of work to be done with.

Asana review by Anthony G.
Anthony G.

"Asana is the best project management tool I've used so far"

What do you like best?

The expandability of Asana is really great. You can manage everything in one project if that is how you work best, or if you have lots of projects and wear different hats with different teams of collaborators you can manage it all there too.

What do you dislike?

It can get overwhelming. You have to have a system and figure out what is going to work best for you, but if you have tons of projects and dozens and dozens of tasks, and you don't take the time to get this system working for you it'll end up being a confusing waste of your time and you might as well have not bothered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you go to youtube and search for some people talking about how they use Asana so you can start getting an idea of how you want to organize your system. If you just dive in and start adding things you are likely to make a mess that will just be another task you need to add in the future (clean up Asana tasks)

I manage personal as well as business projects with Asana and I use it to keep on top of all of these tasks in one place. The way you can add a task to multiple projects allows you to organize things in creative ways that make managing a lot of stuff simpler, clearer, and more manageable than with other project management tools.

Asana review by David C.
David C.

"Effective Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

The ability to create complex subtasks nested inside of bigger tasks. For a campaign with many moving parts, this is an effective way of laying out all the work necessary for our team. We are a team of 10 people but have clients in many other departments. We can create specific teams to manage the projects therein and only the team members who need access to those projects have to be added to those teams. We can also easily duplicate tasks, so that recurring emails or website projects can be added and assigned easily.

What do you dislike?

There's not a great overview of all the projects in a single category and the calendar view leaves something to be desired. You can't view a team-specific timeline of projects, which may not be a problem, unless you have many teams like our organization does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana takes a little time to set up, but once the system for setting up projects is secure and the teams are created, it becomes much more powerful. Be prepared for managers to enter tasks as well. Individual users can enter their own tasks, but it works more smoothly when projects are entered by a supervisor and then assigned to individuals.

We had a project management problem before Asana. We managed our projects via email through Outlook, which was not ideal. With Asana, we are able to quickly assign tasks and duplicate them for recurring projects. It also gives us an effective log of what we've accomplished.

Learn more about Asana

Asana Videos

Learning about Asana?

* We monitor all Asana reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(3,200)