Asana

Asana

(3,009)

Asana helps teams manage and coordinate their work by making plans, processes, and responsibilities clear.

Work for Asana?

Learning about Asana?

Asana Reviews

Ask Asana a Question
Showing 3,014 Asana reviews
Asana review by Danielle A.
Danielle A.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Asana
Asana review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Asana is a great project management tool, especially when working with teams. "

What do you like best?

Recurring tasks and simple task delegation make it easy to manage weekly tasks/projects and stay up to date on who is accomplishing each task and whether it has been completed.

I also love Asana's 'boards' project type. It is a "Trello-like" experience and is great for managing progress on different projects when columns are designated for each step.

What do you dislike?

I find that the "My Tasks" view often requires too much management of its own and can quickly get out of hand when it's not managed. This is a big reason why I say that Asana is great a project management but not the best at managing one individual's tasks/to-do list. The "My Tasks" view feels a bit unnatural and awkward and simply requires too much management of its own.

Due date notifications are not ideal and Asana has set up their application in a way that requires you to "live" in the app in order to stay up to date with your tasks.

Asana's mobile app has been one of it's weakest aspects. However, they have recently released new updates which has gone a long way to improve its usefulness. With that being said, it's still quite underpowered compared to its desktop web application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is great as a project management solution, especially when working with teams. However, it isn't great at being a task manager/to-do list application for managing your own individual tasks.

Asana has given me a streamlined method for managing projects and delegating tasks to other individuals. Viewing the status of a task that has been delegated is simple and I also receive notifications when a task is completed.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Asana review by Carl B.
Carl B.

"Asana helps keep everything under control."

What do you like best?

I really like the user interface; you can configure it for your needs. I also like that you can choose the appearance of your Dashboard (tasks in the form of panels or as a list). It is easy to create tasks, organize them and monitor their implementation. You can easily assign a task to any member of your team and Asana itself will monitor the timing of its implementation. I also like the ability to integrate with other services. We use Asana with Slack. In addition, I synchronize my own tasks with my Google Calendar.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to configure all notifications. I have moments when I have hundreds of notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop using only e-mail and begin to monitor your tasks in Asana. The service is quite simple to use. You will be able to organize your work at the highest level.

Asana helped us to organize our team more effectively. Now each of its members knows exactly their tasks and the terms of their implementation. Now there is no situation when we forgot about a promise to our client. We also improved communication within our team.

Asana review by Denis V.
Denis V.

"Asana - collaborative application for your business. "

What do you like best?

Great tool for organization protects and tasks withing company. Easy of use and nice graphical user interface. With Asana you can organize tasks in different way like list or in board style. Asana offers easy collaboration between teams. Plus it offers calendars, notifications, file sharing, keep tracking history, searching options and so forth. It even has free version to help you estimate it's opportunities.

What do you dislike?

It will take some amount of time to learn of it is multiple capabilities to understand what configuration and methods will work for you. It has issue with permissions, where all users have same ones and it is ease

accidentally change or delete something, but it is fair to say you can such easy return it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not suitable for all companies, it is good for large, but not for small ones.

With Asana you can organize work of your whole company by monitoring all projects, their progress and understanding who and what is doing in current moment, conducting your business in right way.

Asana review by Nadav G.
Nadav G.

"One of the best ways to manage your tasks, your team's projects and even your recurring meetings"

What do you like best?

Tons of flexibility, beautiful interface, and overall a great solution for both task and project management

What do you dislike?

I'd like the search to be more sophisticated, but it's not that big of a deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the most useful when your entire team is on it, and not using any other application. You want tasks to be in the same place, and if you must use two different tools (e.g, tasks in Salesforce + Asana) define clear rules which tasks go where.

Managing personal tasks, projects and team meetings. It's easy and fast to get your team onboard and get started immediately, but despite looking simple, it actually offers a lot of features that make it a great tool for tasks and projects.

We even use it for managing some of our recurring meetings - As a kind of idea & discussion board. People suggest ideas to be discussed, all participants vote on which ideas to discuss in the next meeting, and during the meeting we summarise the discussion in the comments and leave next steps there. No topic gets lost!

Asana review by Mentor D.
Mentor D.

"Very Lovely! "

What do you like best?

It is great at assigning tasks and keeping accountability high due to tracking the process capabilities of the platform. Excellent for teams that don't work in person. My team is across the ocean and it is pretty difficult to get everyone aligned especially considering the time zones and the ineffectiveness of email communications. Therefore, i would highly recommend anybody who is looking to get more productive with their teams who don't work in person to use Asana. Also, did I mention that it seamlessly integrate with google documents? Yes!! Smooth and amazing :)

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little smarter by somehow knowing what tasks we need to complete a follow-up. Sometimes in the mids of all the tasks and goals that we have set to accomplish - things can get lost. I wish Asana was using some sort of Artificial Intelligence algorithm to get more out of the people who are using the platform - by suggesting things that have been left aside.

Working with a team across the ocean is very difficult. Nothing is more difficult then that - so for us it is extremely important to get aligned and get things done on time.

Asana review by Abbie B.
Abbie B.

"Not User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to collaborate with co-workers. Asana makes it easy to collaborate. I like that you can easily see and filter out which tasks you need to accomplish within a specific timeframe. The one thing that I liked the best was the ability to add a recipient to each task. It was helpful for sorting out who was supposed to be doing what task. Tasks were not overlooked because each task had a person or people assigned to it.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the interface is very user friendly. I ultimately did not continue using Asana as it was not as user friendly as I would have liked and it seemed to take too much time to learn than what it is worth. It was useful for the time period we needed it for at the time, but I don't think we will be continuing to use it in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Asana to anyone who needs assistance with team collaboration and time and task management. Asana is helpful to keep work flowing and time sensitive tasks accomplished.

Collaboration. Task Management. Time management. Our team benefited from collaboration, task management and time management tools. We were able to successfully track and complete projects and tasks that would have easily been overlooked and forgotten if we had not used the software. We benefited from Asana to complete a large project. The collaboration tools helped us to keep track of who was supposed to do what.

Asana review by Allie L.
Allie L.

"Great for Keeping a Small Team Organized"

What do you like best?

I like that you can keep track of your own tasks, while being able to see coworker's tasks at a glance. I also like the ease of being able to go back and look at previously completed tasks, and uploading documents for reference. Overall, Asana integrates well with other products we use (i.e. Harvest, Dropbox, etc.)

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue that I've experienced is having no clear way of seeing full projects. It's a frustration that if one deadline moves, everything else has to be manually moved. The start/end dates also are a bit misleading. If we add start dates, the task doesn't show on the top someone's task list until the end date, which at some points may be too late. Instead, it would be helpful if they showed on the start date and stayed at the top until the end date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small companies - but still is lacking in some respects (i.e. start dates/end dates), doing bulk changes, etc.

Before using Asana, the team was using a Google Doc (back when there was only a handful of employees). Now with 18 employees, it's a far better way to manage projects and deadlines. We can easily see how busy each person is, and when they have capacity to fit additional work in.

Asana review by Daniela T.
Daniela T.

"Better Than Most"

What do you like best?

Overall I like the layout and color scheme. I prefer Asana to some of the other alternatives out there. I recommend starting with the free version it's a great way to get familiar with everything and you may find it suits your needs just fine.

Asana has tons of features and can really help you and your team stay on track. I like the project Timeline feature which creates an excellent view of the tasks and team members working on them. Creating and assigning new tasks is a breeze. You can also very quickly tell which team member is supposed to be doing what. Assigning a due date will also send automatic reminders to the team member involved. There are also many different view modes to fit your company's specific needs.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not as intuitive as some other options. Some team members struggled to navigate their way around the platform. The slack integration doesn't work. It shows all alerts. Wish you could do more complex sorting for projects such as sort by priority and then date. It won't let you do this. The Gantt Chart can be done a little bit better UI wise, it is too big to follow it properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, especially for smaller business, I find it a bit annoying to do scrum tho.

Making assign tasks and creating projects easier. The way you can divide the project in tasks and create boards with the tasks make it very easy to visualise the entire project, it really helps to project managers and developers to make the communication easier.

Asana review by John E S.
John E S.

"Ideal project management for you!!!!"

What do you like best?

Asana has great things that make you really love working on it. One of those things is the ease of use. You can add as many tasks as you want, edit them, set the dates, scope, and description of the task, among others. On the other hand, you can not only have them individually but you can add several people to the same project through their emails, and in that way allow establish responsibility for the tasks of the project and send information about the task to those responsible for the tasks, noting how the progress of their work has been.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I do not like is that at the beginning it is not so easy to use. This facility is taken with experience, but once you know how to use it is super easy. Another thing that I do not like is the fact that the email you receive about the progress of the tasks has very little information about the task. I think I should have the name of the project and the dates set for it at least.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it easily. No matter if you are a student or you are the CEO of a company because there you can easily establish a schedule of how things will happen with respect to the project.

you really learn to be much more organized with your projects, even with personal things that can become much easier if organized by asana

Asana review by Justin P.
Justin P.

"Great organizational tool with a wide variety of free features."

What do you like best?

Asana provides all of the basic tools that you need to organize a project free of charge. You will find the basic elements you expect to see in a project management tool. Tasks can be setup in a list or card style, and assigned to team members. You can easily create multiple projects for a team. Files can be directly linked to a task, and a files area is available to view all shared files in a single location.

What do you dislike?

The jump from free to paid is steep as it is billed by user. Being a web application is a good thing making asana compatible with almost every device, but the lack of a desktop application is frustrating. Integrations are offered through a wide variety of applications, but usually at an additional cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for project management with a clean intuitive interface give asana a try. You can fully organize a team using asana, but if you want to integrate with other tools or have asana integrated into another tool be prepared to purchase a premium subscription.

Asana organizes our team, and allows us to see what one another is working on at the moment. It helps the team achieve their deadlines, and keep our schedules in sync.

Asana review by laura c.
laura c.

"Excellent Project Management "

What do you like best?

I love the organization in Asana and how easy it is to create projects with team members, tasks, timelines, and invite clients in to collaborate with us. The task list makes it super easy to see how your day/week looks and makes you feel accomplished when you can check something off.

What do you dislike?

Conversations get lost sometimes in the news feed. When several people are collaborating on a project it's sometimes hard to loop the third person into a conversation since it can only be assigned to one person at a time. It'd be great to be able to assign one task to multiple people rather than assign a copy so that several people can be included in the alerts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are still playing around with the pros and cons of pin boards versus lists for projects. They offer both views but you cannot switch it once you choose. Some project timelines work better on boards than others, but tasks don't disappear which is sometimes annoying. So it does take some testing on what works best for your projects and sometimes starting a project over with a new type of task list.

Organization of project time lines and people's to do lists. We also introduce bigger clients to asana to work with us in the software and they love it. They have the capability to be involved in the project and see progress as we work on it. It helps alleviate email and make sure that projects are not falling through the cracks. It is also a great communication tool for leadership in the company to keep ongoing private notes and remind ourselves of important things on a monthly/weekly basis if needed.

Asana review by Ariel M.
Ariel M.

"Keeps me and my team organized"

What do you like best?

Asana is so easy to use and it's a breeze to create tasks, assign tasks, reorganize tasks,etc

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you can't choose which buttons are the most easily accessible (ie: I never need the link button, but always use the tags button, which is in a different menu)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Asana for anyone in the market. I have even created an additional account with my personal email address that I use for getting tasks done around the house. Asana really helps with everyday life, inside and outside the office!

Some of my coworkers are really disorganized and would try to just remember things they needed to get done, which never worked well. Now that we use Asana though, we have been able to keep everyone on track and organized! This has been a HUGE help to the organization of the company as a whole.

Asana review by Steven M.
Steven M.

"Excellent Collaborative PM Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily create, assign and prioritise tasks for a project, as well as being able to create subtasks and mark dependencies is very helpful.

The conversations view allows basic email tracking to log communications with clients, which is incredibly helpful. And although still basic, the Timeline view gives a good overview of a gantt chart view.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is quite weak, your currently can't report on subtasks which are important to how we manage our current projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is a great tool even if just used at a basic level. However there is a lot of added benefit from spending time learning all the additional features that can be used and turn it into a very powerful project management tool, such as task dependencies, recurring tasks, sharing tasks between multiple projects etc.

All our companies Projects are managed through Asana. This allows us to organise and plan out our current a future workloads. It also allows us to easily provide customers with updates based on the progress of their project and any tasks outstanding.

We have multiple projects that follow the same process, with a lot of duplicate tasks and a few specific to that project. We can use the template feature to recreate these projects and update the specific tasks as necessary.

The integration with Instagantt is also very helpful allowing us to update Asana timelines and view them in a Gantt chart, and calculate individual or team workloads.

Asana review by Larry E.
Larry E.

"Project Management For Everyone Else"

What do you like best?

The Asana platform eases you into projects and tasks management. With its web based interface and collaborative tools built in, you can get directly involved in using the software without all the traditional Onboarding headaches associated with other project management tools

What do you dislike?

The Asana platform is singularly project /tasked focused. While that is a great feature, some integration with other web services or platforms is suggested. The Asana Platform is also appears alittle sophomoric. Yeah its easy to use, but visual counts as well The UX design could a better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the trial a serious go...at the end, you will know without a doubt if this is platform for you.

The chief business problem we are solving is the alignment with all stakeholders. The Asana platform is allowing for a single version of the truth in where are with project/program progress. The chief benefit is accountability

Asana review by Federico J.
Federico J.

"Makes my day to day so much simpler"

What do you like best?

I can keep track of everything that's happening with my business in a simple to use, great looking dashboard. Asana has the right amount of features for people looking to add to their regular to-do apps, but at the same time don't want to spend hours customizing stuff or learning how to use the software.

Everything is very intuitive. I've used Asana for different businesses (as freelancer, as employee, as project manager, as business owner) and always found a way to organize my workflow to serve my goals and role.

What do you dislike?

Lately I've seen some notifications to go missing. My phone is not alerting my of new activity and the web app takes some time to refresh when there are new comments or tasks created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial to see if it fits your organization. The free trial comes with massive features that you can test before making a decision to upgrade.

I wanted to keep track of all my tasks and daily progress. Instead of using pen and paper scattered all around or combining 2 or 3 to-do apps to get where I wanted to be... now I use Asana.

Asana review by Allison K.
Allison K.

"Great project management tool for teams"

What do you like best?

Asana was easy to figure out right away and didn't take long for me to start setting up projects and adding tasks.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more of a basecamp like feature where you could keep notes for each project. You can place notes in tasks, and there's one tab for conversations, but it would be nice to be able to store all project related conversations, files etc. within one central location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like the Discussions feature in Basecamp, this product is going to be a little lacking. It's still a great software though, so finding an alternative might be a good option.

With a virtual office, it's super helpful to know what everyone's working on, what is coming, etc. We don't have to guess or keep checking in on each other, and we can all easily assign each other tasks as needed.

Asana review by Robert J.
Robert J.

"Perfect Task Manager"

What do you like best?

Any problem can be planned as much as possible in detail. You can make projects under joint tasks, divide them into sections. Also, each task can have its own tags (not only standard ones but any ones you want). Design and usability are indeed at a high level. Especially when compared with the old version of the service or some similar system. The opportunity to invite a person for general work on projects. For the invitation, it is sufficient to know only the email. For team members, you can assign different levels of access. A very convenient option for visualizing tasks by days. It is easy to find out what tasks are planned for the next week. You can transfer tasks between days simply by dragging and dropping them.

What do you dislike?

The Android application contains all the basic functions. However, it's much more convenient to work from the desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is everything you need: projects, tasks, subtasks, a system of reminders, a calendar, discussions of tasks, in addition, a nice design and an intuitive interface. A free version is enough for the job. It provides for up to 15 participants. There is a Premium version with a number of additional features.

We use almost all the functions of this service. For me, this is the best system of joint coordination. People in my team know exactly what to do and when to do it. My clients know exactly what is happening with their projects. Moreover, I know how to plan my day. Communication is directly related to tasks and results - this is really important.

Asana review by Derik P.
Derik P.

"Great Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Asana has awesome customization capabilities to tailor it to different types of tasks. It seems rare these days, but I've been very pleased with every single update they've rolled out over the last few years. They listen closely to their users and take feedback well.

What do you dislike?

With this, it's actually a little difficult to find areas I truly dislike. Asana seems to hit the mark for what they created this platform for. Any other types of shortfalls that I've seen are nitpicky or technically out of their scope of business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pair this application with Harvest for time tracking. This is a great way to get an honest test on how much time these tasks and project are taking you and/or your team to complete.

We are an agency that manages about 100 clients between 40 employees. Asana is vital to keep everything running the way it should be. We pair it with Harvest to keep a close eye on the hours we spend on projects & tasks to ensure we're hitting the hours the client is paying for and avoiding going over hours on projects and tasks.

Asana review by Violeta P.
Violeta P.

"A project planning tool that's easy to use and super helpful"

What do you like best?

I like that there are so many ways to use it. I love having project boards, as well as task lists. It makes it super easy to stay organized and map/plan everything out. I've used it for complex multi-phase projects and simple tasks as well. I particularly love that you can set a recurring task that gives you a reminder at the interval you set. I also love that you can keep your systems and processes outlined in an easy to view place for everyone on your team. It's also very user friendly so you can get started without a huge learning curve.

What do you dislike?

It has so many features that I don't know about and don't have the time to watch tutorials. I'm sure it's more powerful than I know but haven't been able to tap into it.

My plans and ideas were all over the place and tasks would slip through the cracks. It's definitely the tool I turn to when I have a big project with lots of moving pieces. Asana helps me keep everything on track and it frees up my mind since I have everything written out in an organized place. It also makes it really easy to assign projects and due dates. I can coordinate with my VA without having to get on a call very often. It's great!!

Asana review by Yaroslav K.
Yaroslav K.

"One App to rule Everywhere and Anytime || Great task and project manager. "

What do you like best?

It's completeness. Asana has every feature I was looking for.

*It connects to your calendar

*It allows structuring (subtasks, priorities, schedules and more...)

*It is flexible - you can adjust it to you personal task. The only thing that is always present is the color and general styling of Asana. But I wouldn't be wrong if I say that this is the most comfortable and intuitive solution out there.

What do you dislike?

There is always a way for improvement.

*Can be faster

*Can be simplier in terms of design

*Can have more integrations

*And finally, more functionality - at least as a choice for users to have.

In general, those few things that are not perfect about Asana are not worth mentioning.

It is my Day-to-Day app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As always, do not forget that everything can happen. Competition is huge and we need your dedication to the job of improving life of other humans.

With Asana workspaces, I can separate my personal and Work Asana.

My primary usage of Asana is about creating my day and planning long-term tasks and projects that require certain amount of work to be done with.

Asana review by Kristina K.
Kristina K.

"Asana - a bit complicated, but does a good job"

What do you like best?

It is used as a task management and project management tool. Its easy integration with the Gantt charts made it very suitable for the needs of our company. Create tasks, assign them to different people, set deadlines, download files, discuss discussions on each thread.

What do you dislike?

Adding options to chat on the platform would be great.

This is very difficult, and in order to use all the specific functions, everyone must follow all the textbooks, which requires a lot of time.

In most cases, it's difficult for me to find what I'm looking for, because there are sections, subsections, project names, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is well suited if the company is ready to organize training for all employees so that they can use all the functions of the platform. If you need a simple task management tool, Asana is not suitable, because it is too complex.

It is used as a task management and project management tool. His easy integration with the Gantt charts contributed to his meeting the needs of our company. Creating tasks, assigning them to different people, setting deadlines, downloading files, leading discussions on each thread are just some of the features that the platform offers.

Asana review by Anthony G.
Anthony G.

"Asana is the best project management tool I've used so far"

What do you like best?

The expandability of Asana is really great. You can manage everything in one project if that is how you work best, or if you have lots of projects and wear different hats with different teams of collaborators you can manage it all there too.

What do you dislike?

It can get overwhelming. You have to have a system and figure out what is going to work best for you, but if you have tons of projects and dozens and dozens of tasks, and you don't take the time to get this system working for you it'll end up being a confusing waste of your time and you might as well have not bothered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you go to youtube and search for some people talking about how they use Asana so you can start getting an idea of how you want to organize your system. If you just dive in and start adding things you are likely to make a mess that will just be another task you need to add in the future (clean up Asana tasks)

I manage personal as well as business projects with Asana and I use it to keep on top of all of these tasks in one place. The way you can add a task to multiple projects allows you to organize things in creative ways that make managing a lot of stuff simpler, clearer, and more manageable than with other project management tools.

Asana review by David C.
David C.

"Effective Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

The ability to create complex subtasks nested inside of bigger tasks. For a campaign with many moving parts, this is an effective way of laying out all the work necessary for our team. We are a team of 10 people but have clients in many other departments. We can create specific teams to manage the projects therein and only the team members who need access to those projects have to be added to those teams. We can also easily duplicate tasks, so that recurring emails or website projects can be added and assigned easily.

What do you dislike?

There's not a great overview of all the projects in a single category and the calendar view leaves something to be desired. You can't view a team-specific timeline of projects, which may not be a problem, unless you have many teams like our organization does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana takes a little time to set up, but once the system for setting up projects is secure and the teams are created, it becomes much more powerful. Be prepared for managers to enter tasks as well. Individual users can enter their own tasks, but it works more smoothly when projects are entered by a supervisor and then assigned to individuals.

We had a project management problem before Asana. We managed our projects via email through Outlook, which was not ideal. With Asana, we are able to quickly assign tasks and duplicate them for recurring projects. It also gives us an effective log of what we've accomplished.

Asana review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Best Task & Project Manager for teams"

What do you like best?

Asana has a clean simple interface that has a ton of functionality just a few clicks away. The different options of how you view projects puts it above other project managers. I like how customizable it is in notifications, and using with email.

What do you dislike?

Most everything works just as I would like. The only thing that I dislike is the limit on the dashboard in the free version, and the limitation on guest in your projects in the free version. I do think those are fair limitations on a free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Trello, or Basecamp, or Wrike, or other project management tools, at least create an Asana account and use it for a day. You will probably like it!

It reduces the amount of emails needed, and keeps projects and the coordination on those products way more organized. Less falls through the cracks, and more time is saved by using Asana over email.

Asana review by Julia R.
Julia R.

"Good for collaboration, but not enough tiers"

What do you like best?

It's very helpful being able to see which members of my team are working on which aspects of a project at what time, and I appreciate the feature that allows me to reassign a task to another team member once I've completed my own portion of it.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could break tasks down by another level or two. I need to get more granular with my to-do lists and would appreciate being able to check off smaller, short-term tasks rather than personally keeping track of the smaller subtasks that go into a larger one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've also used Trello, which is more helpful in its ability to really break down tasks, but the free version is less helpful than Asana's free version in terms of team collaboration.

Our process is very much a unidirectional flow and therefore being able to pass tasks off between team members is very valuable. It keeps the work moving smoothly and seamlessly.

Asana review by Seth C.
Seth C.

"Asana does everything"

What do you like best?

Asana can pretty much replace multiple tools because it puts everything into one platform. I can manage the tasks I'm in charge of and also keep track of other assignments I distribute to the team. You can also have conversations within Asana and tag the person you want to address and it will send a notification to that person so they can see exactly what project you have questions or concerns about. You can also customize how the actual platform looks, like if you like a dashboard versus a list view. You can upload files, add links, have discussions and stay on top of projects and I love it.

What do you dislike?

I wasn't a big fan of the automated settings in Asana. It would always list things out as the newest task I created instead of listing everything by the due date. I did eventually figure out how to fix this, but I think the default should be due date. But, I recognize that's just a preference and it's literally the only thing I could even think of that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you try Asana, everyone on your team has to commit to using it. It only works if everyone is checking their Asana and completing assignments.

Like I mentioned with the things that I like best, Asana eliminates the unnecessary back and forth of email communication. Instead of emailing someone and waiting on a response, I can find everything I need in Asana. I can strike up conversations, tag people, and manage projects with ease.

Asana review by Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.

"Simple but powerful project management system"

What do you like best?

I was able to get going quickly. Since its a pretty simple software I didn't have to go through training or figure things out. I just started which is awesome. I keep all of my projects for clients in Asana which keeps them happy because they can see where the progress is on each task and comment where they see fit. It's been a great tool for this freelancer and I recommend it to everyone who asks about PM.

What do you dislike?

As always there has to be something that bugs you about software. For me, its the extra features that require a paid plan. I understand that they need to make money but as a freelancer, I'm not to the point that I can afford to pay for it so the little bit of limitations I have to deal with is ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to get a project management system up and running quickly, Asana is for you. It's a great tool and you will be surprised at how many connections you can make with other tools and software.

Deadlines. Happy customers. Happy life. Using Asana keeps everything organized and keeps me on top of projects so that I always deliver completed projects to the client on time or before. It's also a great reference point for getting a pulse on how many projects/time I've spent per client. Bottom line: it's saving me big headaches by keeping all my tasks organized.

Asana review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Asana keeps teams organzied"

What do you like best?

Asana allows teams to stay organized, and for individual progress to be tracked. I love knowing exactly what is coming up, and the interconnectedness of seeing my team members progress on prerequisite items so I can prepare for a task to arrive in my queue.

What do you dislike?

Asana has a variety of helpful options, like sub tasks and follow up tasks, but these are hard to access and not as visually intuitive. I would also prefer tasks assigned to multiple people to stay and individual task, not split into multiple tasks, each with an individual name - or to at least choose an option. Some tasks are truly collaborative, not just repeated.

On mobile, Asana can be difficult to navigate. Because it has so many features, they are crowded together or buried in the app, or eliminated all together (such as options for sorting our how tasks are viewed).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is a perfect tool to integrate multiple teams into the tasks of achieving overall goals, yet still not sacrificing details. Use the features so see what your part is in the larger picture, or making sure your team is progressing towards the larger goal. The mobile app extends the versatility of the platform, though it does have some navigation concerns.

We are solving the business problem of separate yet interconnected teams in a small business. I don’t want my tasks to be on a giant list with everyone else, yet I still need to be able to assign things to them and them to me, while taking into account items everyone is already working on.

Asana review by Meredith S.
Meredith S.

"Easy app for organizing tasks!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how user friendly this program is. I keep a tab pinned for Asana and every day before starting my work, I check my task list. I can easily change the tasks or assign them to other co-workers. It is simple to use and easy to train others to use as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could sync it with my Google calendar. It would be easier to manage tasks that way. I'm always juggling back and forth to make sure I'm keeping up with upcoming meetings and events while also looking at my task list on Asana. Asana's calendar is alright but I like how I can connect my Google calendar with my phone and be alerted (and have all of my co-workers who are not apart of Asana alerted as well).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use it for your own organization and time management, great! I would say that it is better if you are apart of a team and wish to keep delegated tasks organized. It's helpful when the whole team is on the same program, but not necessary. It works for personal or team use. Easy way to keep up with all of your tasks!

Time management has improved for everyone using Asana. It's easy to get them assigned and given a deadline to complete the tasks. Since the program priorities your deadlines for you, it's easy to organize the day.

Asana review by Patrisha L.
Patrisha L.

"Asana changed the game for me"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Asana is being able to create tasks and assign due dates so that I'm always on top of my to-do list without forgetting any steps in my current projects.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish Asana had was the capability to make a range of dates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend using Asana if you are a service based business owner or if you have a team. You are able to effectively communicate with every member on your team, limit or broaden user capabilities within Asana, and set up client projects. You're able to upload and download files so that you can keep documents in one secure place. You are also able to check off tasks once they are complete and place subtasks within one task. The only upgrade I want it to have is the ability to have start and finish dates for tasks so I don't have to create a (start) and (finish) task for one particular item. Everything else is great. It is very easy to use and connect other users. They also have an app so you can communicate with your clients or your team even when you are out of the office. You will always know when a project is on time.

I am able to communicate with my clients or team with Asana without having to use email and have files lost in translation. I'm also able to keep all of my files in one central place.

Asana review by Steven R.
Steven R.

"Asana Boosts Accountability and Productivity"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to customize it to fit how your organization works. I also think the training, both in terms of video tutorials and live webinars, is incredibly helpful. These resources also help increase buy-in from new users being asked to integrate Asana into their workflow. Asana is extremely powerful and, as you get deeper into it, it can provide a whole host of integrated solutions for project management. That said, none of the "bells and whistles" are required to get started. It can be used in its most basic level, which is extremely intuitive, and still have a huge impact on order and oversignt.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Possibly the limitations on adding outside contractors without buying additional licenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and be sure to use the training resources to get others on board. Side note: your site won't let me upload the screenshot to confirm so you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4wrqg7bcr8n818/asana.jpg?dl=0

We have dramatically increased accountability and project management since adopting Asana. In addition, we have eliminated a lot of pointless emails by having all communication live within a task or project. This has also reduced the number of meetings we need to have to get everyone "on the same page."

Asana review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Great product - a bit too robust for our needs"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to set things up. It was fairly intuitive to set up. Its main features are pretty good. They are trying to set up a KanBan board which it's quite up to snuff, but their core product is solid.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of information that you can put on each task within the projects, but you cannot decide which pieces of information you can display on the task list view. In their attempt to keep things "Clean and simple" they force you to drill down deeper to see the info you really want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would stick with their core products for now. They are moving into creating Kan Ban style project management - it's still a little clunky, but I'm sure they will make it as good as the rest of their product. They give you quite a bit of functionality with their Free, not time limit offer, it's an easy way to test it and see how it works and if it works for your team. Set up it fairly quick and intuitive.

I was using it mostly for task management. I work on many small projects, nothing big enough to deserve a gant chart, but there are many multi-day projects that can easily get disorganized and lost.

Asana review by Delaney  H.
Delaney H.

"Productive, Intuitive, and Easy"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Asana is the many different views that you can see your "tasks". The feature that I like the most would be the calendar view because you are able to see each departments to-do's and when they are planning and when they will be done. This really comes in handy when you are waiting on others work, for your work to continue.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the checked tasks on lists go away. I wish they would stay so you can see what you have accomplished. I realize this is a personal preference and others may not feel the same way.

Productivity, mapping out our quarters and social strategy planning.

Our productivity has increased exponentially, as well as our plans for the future or even new ideas. New ideas sometimes come and they would be brilliant but for a later time. Asana lets us house those ideas in certain categories so that we are able to revisit them when the time is right. Our social strategy has been affected greatly, as well. We use Asana to map out and schedule all of the content related posts and can stay ahead of our social game.

Asana review by Stephen N.
Stephen N.

"Outstanding collaborative task and project management "

What do you like best?

Asana gets it. It's clear that they use the tool to operate their company. Above all, they listen to customers' needs and have built new features that add further value.

What do you dislike?

I wish their were wider adoption. There are some people who don't understand or like Asana, because they don't learn to use it properly. It's hard to keep things moving when you have to work with people who won't use a system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to use Asana's homemade training and onboarding tools. They teach you how to actively use the tool in a way that you're not just "wasting" time learning.

We use Asana to keep track of work requests (new and revised documents), to plan and implement projects, and I use it to keep tasks out of my brain, so I can focus on one thing at a time. A huge benefit is the ability to collaborate across an organization.

Asana review by Manini M.
Manini M.

"Fulfills base requirements for project management"

What do you like best?

The fact this its a no-frills project management tool and has user friendly navigation. But I can make it fun by adding a theme!

Ability to comment on current tasks, feature of liking certain comments.

Ability to see all teams, and task pipeline in one scrollable feature

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the no-frills UI seems to basic. There is no way to implement a form like interface for adding individual tasks. For example, for every task added I need the task to describe 1. what 2. how and 3. caveats - compulsorily. Otherwise it dominoes into more comments asking for more/less info etc.

Inability for the task window to pop-out of the right oriented navigation window. Sometimes the comments are lengthy and contributed by multiple members and its inconvenient to keep scrolling the small right side window.

No gmail or outlook email integration available. Would like to have it as an extension so that we're able to connect to relevant emails or email from within Asana app after attaching the task readily without having to download it and attach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very basic project management tool.

Project Management by streamlining task flows.

Updating everyone on the team of current project pipelines

Asana review by Eduardo A.
Eduardo A.

"I Develop ICOs and Asana Works Best for Project Management"

What do you like best?

I enjoy Asana's overall UI and flow to keep track of a project's tasks. I also like the possibility of exporting the project to CSV file since this opens the doors for multiple data tasks that other project managers don't always allow.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes when there have been many tasks in a project it is overwhelming to receive notifications for the entire thing. I would prefer to have a single notification subscription button per task rather than per Project so I dont get flooded with task advances for tasks that are maybe not so relevant to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be wise about how to give access to your project. Not every task is relevant to all members but at the same time appreciate the fact that the status of the project gives a team the transparency to know how everything is doing so you have to learn to level that by extracting the project information in CSV and presenting results separately to your team for the project as a whole.

Developing an ICO for a Startup.

Benefits is that it increases communication and transparency of goals for the team.

Asana review by Allie M.
Allie M.

"Great way to keep our team organized."

What do you like best?

Asana is simple to use and extremely functional. It helps us keep our three different departments in communication, understanding staff workloads and timelines.

What do you dislike?

Cost of premium membership. As we are a non-profit, it would be nice if a discount was offered. We're sitting right at the edge of the free membership and have to price out the premium shortly. The cost from 15 to 20 members is quite high as well. It is also not entirely clear what you get besides more members for the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is a great tool for mapping out specific projects, but also for showing the general workload between staff and departments. It helps us to prioritize and schedule deadlines, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner without overloading people. We are currently able to use the free version, but as our team grows we will have to move over to the paid version.

We have several departments that have to work closely together. Before Asana, we had difficulty understanding what everyone was working on. Now, everyone can see everyone else's workload, we can schedule tasks, comment, upload supporting documentation, work from out of office/home, and easily keep in touch.

Asana review by Michelle D.
Michelle D.

"Great product (if people are willing to use it)"

What do you like best?

Asana definitely feels like it makes sense. It is pretty intuitive and easy to use. The design looks sleek and has some really fun features.

What do you dislike?

Using Asana can feel tedious. It is great to have a place to document the process, but sometimes I feel like it just takes too long. There are always extra little things that take up time, and it is easy to drop the ball on my documentation in Asana. Once I get too far behind, the documentation becomes a little bit useless, and it becomes a "check the boxes" type of activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about why you want this type of product, what you hope to get out of it, and what expectations exist for each user.

Asana is helpful in coordinating projects where multiple people are expected to contribute with different deadlines. It can also be useful for process documentation so that there is an easy place to find notes on recurring projects, such as annual reports.

Asana review by Tracey M.
Tracey M.

"Great for team collaboration, and organising projects and tasks"

What do you like best?

Asana worked really well for our team of 10 staff - a mix of contractors, employees, GM's and remote staff. It is easy to assign tasks to another person, create a project, create recurring tasks and track any task at any time.

What do you dislike?

Setting up all the permissions and access can take a little bit of time to get your head around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product but I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forms of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.

This solves the problem of having a central place for all projects by section of the business. You can also see who is doing what on which particular task and when deadlines were due.

Asana review by Dan B.
Dan B.

"A Great Collaboration Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Asana lets you build a full picture of your tasks and by adding some in-house rules like making sure those tasks MUST fall under a target project it ensures all those tasks are on point, focused and will help move the needle.

If I find myself working on a set of tasks that do not fall under a target project, I can throw them into a hidden "drawing board" project to review and refine later when we're investigating new ideas.

What do you dislike?

Asana offers a lot of powerful tools of which one is the different views you can use to organise your projects. Asana doesn't currently support switching between board view and list view which is a shame as people work best in different ways. This has a knock on effect; if you create a project and add tasks but realise the project would suit the view you didn't choose, you need to recreate the entire board including all the tasks you already created. This has happened to me a few times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend setting up internal conventions that people must adhere to and create templates for task requests. The danger with using these kinds of tools is how easy it is to create tasks but forget the assignee has no context/knowledge of that task.

We are a multi-faceted organisation with many parts making up the whole. We work on key projects aimed at improving our services and these projects often span several departments. Asana helps us by looping in relevant people on projects whilst maintaining the department structure.

Asana also provides full visibility on what people are working on, so you can monitor pace and offer help if things slow down anywhere.

Asana review by Rolf M.
Rolf M.

"Manage everything that you need."

What do you like best?

I can say that it is the simple way to control team projects and tasks. I have the ability to make every project a success for our company. I like the way of map out every step and organize all the information of our work in one place.

What do you dislike?

I don't want to tell something bad about that product but I guess that there should be more themes and a lot of choice of colors. With this tools will be a much better way of working duties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is really powerful and very useful project control solution. You will have the opportunity to manage all your working task. The better able to control all your information. To use that product is easy.

We have a streamlined way of leading projects and depute tasks to other people. We can view the status of a task that has been delegated is easy. We like that we can to track the data that’s most important to our team.

Asana review by Zoe S.
Zoe S.

"Great tool for cross-functional and/or remote teams"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of Asana is how seamlessly you can keep notes, conversations, documents and task lists relating to certain projects all together in one place. Another plus is the ability to set due dates for the members in your team. I've found this helps provide some structure and accountability for teams who might not all be in the same location or company.

What do you dislike?

I think it might be better if there were a function that allowed you to transfer reminders into iCal files so that they could easily translate over to Microsoft Outlook or other calendars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its best to know what team structure is and how you would like members to contribute before launching use of the software. Also, be clear on who will be providing updates and managing deadlines.

We use this product for an annual career fair event which we share with 5 other local graduate business schools. It has helped us stay organized and have a home base in which to store documents, notes, and other important material.

Asana review by Mylin G.
Mylin G.

"Robust Tool to Meet Your Organization Needs"

What do you like best?

Asana offers the tools and functions for any willing user to organize their projects in a manner that works best for them. It offers ability to organize tasks either as the traditional hierarchy list or as a board (ie, Trello) which provides flexibility. Better yet, Asana allows you to collaborate with other users creating opportunity to clearly communicate project progress.

What do you dislike?

Differing organization methods can conflict when multiple users are using Asana due to Asana offering such flexibility in how you organize. It's best to have defined how Asana should be used per project to reach Asana's full potential. Also, Asana is only powerful if all users check and utilize Asana. If members stop updating Asana or checking for notifications, Asana starts to lose effectiveness.

My company runs several projects at the same time. Asana allows us to create a designated section for each project. This prevents information overload for those not affiliated with specific projects and also helps keep tasks separated so that there is not confusion between projects.

Asana review by Jonathan R.
Jonathan R.

"Great task-management client"

What do you like best?

Asana is a great resource for keeping track of your own tasks, knowing what else you have coming up, and seeing what your other team-members' capacities are. Everything you have currently and coming up is out in front of you, and you can sort by due date, project, completion, etc. If you want to keep up with what a coworker is working on, you can add yourself as a follower to get notifications every time the task is modified or updated.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback for Asana that I encountered was the frequency of the emails and notifications I received in the early going. Once I discovered how to modify my notification settings I found the experience to be much more enjoyable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only problem I encountered with Asana was the number of notifications I received before I discovered how to reduce the frequency of them. After making this change Asana has been a great user experience top to bottom. A fun tidbit: if you go into settings and select the "Tab-B" option and then hit those keys a few dozen times, it's a fun little easter egg!

Organizing tasks into projects and sorting by due date is a great way to keep track of your own capacity or that of your coworkers/subordinates. There will never be any confusion regarding what someone has to work on. The Harvest time-tracking integration is particularly helpful for keeping track of how much time goes into each task, and it all links back to the specific task through harvest.

Asana review by Cassandra G.
Cassandra G.

"Good for a go-getter"

What do you like best?

Asana is a really easy drag and drop tool - It's great for individuals that need to visualize their projects and keep track of an ever-changing environment.

What do you dislike?

One thing I wish Asana would do is push more updates to my desktop and not spam my email account. I'd love to have instantaneous pop-ups when my deadline is approaching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy and free solution, I highly recommend using the trial or free version of Asana for a few projects and tracking your success with interaction and logging. I found it very helpful with my own work whereas my co-worker/collaborator did not like her experience.

I'm utilizing Asana to keep track of our major projects and website redesign. When there is only one of you, it's easier to share your progress and track all the moving parts when you use a tool that's easy to understand. I can also include others as needs for both tracking and projects/assignments.

Asana review by Milan W.
Milan W.

"Track your work faster than ever."

What do you like best?

Much easy to visualize our work. I like that I can transfer work via multiple stages faster, easily, and wonderfully. I can simply create any project a success. To map out every step and organize all the details of our work in one apsce.

What do you dislike?

I'm glad that now we can work with this working tools.Which is really very clear and working well. We don't have any problem with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, you can create teams and projects individual to create a safe place for delicate work. Also, it is wonderful to designate management to control your organization’s usage and install safety controls so you feel sure that your information is secure.

We can easily make all of the stuff in one place. More open and clear way to bring emails, files. The better way to share results with our group and see how work is progressing to see what’s on track and what needs consideration for a better result.

Asana review by Claire (Cyle) C.
Claire (Cyle) C.

"Great for organization!"

What do you like best?

I use it at home for a personal to do list, but I often use it for work for certain projects to keep track of what I've been doing internally for that specific project. Nice to keep it on mobile but if you're going for the computer I believe it's only 4.99 on the App Store. It's an overall great tool to use for any business!

What do you dislike?

How un-customizable it is. There's nothing I would change in terms of the coding or anything, it runs great, I just would change the price and just the way it looks. Maybe on mobile put in notifications to remind you of things that you forgot or just as a general thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for free on mobile first, look at other softwares especially, and just try to explore all kinds of options just to make sure Asana is the perfect choice for your company!

Keeps me on track in both ways of knowing what projects I need to do but also what projects need to be done in terms of the actual project.

Asana review by Nikki F.
Nikki F.

"Asana Review"

What do you like best?

It makes my life, and that of my team, easier with the ability to keep all of our individual and group tasks and projects in one place and easy to manage. It is very user friendly and keeps us all on the same page.

What do you dislike?

At this point, there is not much I dislike about Asana in it's web form. The app could use some improvement, as it seems slightly less user friendly and could use some offline support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for team project collaboration, brainstorming, and personal task lists.

We were having issues with communication across departments, which was causing issues. With the help of Asana, our communication as an organization is improving, as we are able to assign tasks to those in other departments and are able to are able to work together better on moving toward success in our projects.

Asana review by Alison Rivera, D.
Alison Rivera, D.

"Very useful!"

What do you like best?

My team wouldn't be functional without Asana. We did plenty of research on competitors and this was the best option for us. I also love how Zapier integrates with it to make things even EASIER. I love how you can comment back and forth on tasks, this is important when working with our Graphic Designer.

What do you dislike?

The email notifications can be a bit much but that's the only main thing. I don't like the list view of my tasks either right when I log in. I usually prefer the board method with multiple lists according to project so I know exactly when and from which project something is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Honestly there is no learning curve, it is very easy to understand for your entire team and the set up takes seconds.

Organization, App Design and Development for clients, Marketing and Design tasks for our Graphic Designer on staff.

Asana review by Élodie M.
Élodie M.

"A great individual task manager"

What do you like best?

With Asana, I found a way to put all my ideas and to-do tasks, prioritize them and organize my days at work.

Every single time I have an idea, I use the mobile app, add a task and then prioritize it later when I will go over all the new tasks. When I am at work, I can see all the important things I have to do during my day and what I prioritized for the whole week.

It helps me organize my personal tasks and serves as a reminder.

What do you dislike?

However, as it is designed for, I do not use Asana to organize and follow up on our business projects. I find the menu navigation difficult to understand and I'm often lost.

Asana is too simple to use for ou tech team so we preferred to go for an agile dev tool.

The sharing of some tasks is not very user-friendly. And when a task is assigned to me, it is lost among all the due tasks reminded in my inbox.

As for my individual tasks, I would have liked to be able to personalize the categories (new, today, upcoming, later) and give them the names that I want to. Finally, it would be so much easier if the tasks could reorganize themselves when I affect a due date to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a personal task manager which allows you to add descriptions, insights and sub-tasks, this is the one.

If you are looking for a business task manager, I would recommend Asana if you are a small company or work non-tech projects.

With Asana, I'm basically solving an individual problem which is the organization of my daily tasks. Since some of my colleagues use it as well, we sometimes share some tasks. But Asana has never been a business task manager.

Asana review by Tyler M.
Tyler M.

"Simple, non-distracting design for productivity "

What do you like best?

This might seem specific, but I love the "sub-task" functionality, because not every task (even within projects) is so simple as to have a done or not done. I also love the ability to "assign" other people to a task, and record notes within each task or sub-task.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I have had with Asana (as well as my colleagues) is working it into our daily workflow. There always seems to be a "catch up" needed with Asana--it's hard to keep it up to date in real time. Everything is usually updated after the fact, sometimes well after the fact. We haven't come up with a great solution yet, but this is a big hindrance to using Asana every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a bit of a learning curve at first with the UX, especially with shortcuts, but the payoff is worth it!

Asana has been essential when it comes to figuring out who is responsible for what. The "assign task" feature leaves no room for confusion or vagueness--you either are responsible for a sub-task or not.

Asana review by Nate S.
Nate S.

"Fantastic task & project management tool"

What do you like best?

Asana makes it super easy to manage tasks and projects. It's extremely easy to create tasks, assign users & due dates, notes, descriptions, attach files, and add subtasks. The conversation threads on each task are particularly helpful, especially since users can simply reply to the email and their response is added to the thread. The integration with Instagantt for timeline/resource/gantt chart planning is great, as well as the integration with Harvest time tracking.

What do you dislike?

The ease of editing has it's setbacks, especially if more than one user are working on a project. It requires a team to agree upon & stick to a process for making changes to task structure/organization, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is great if it's adopted by everyone you need to use it. It's dynamic and flexible, which is great for those with the need for tracking an ever changing set of tasks, but perhaps not the best tool if you have strict processes that people have to follow. There is a free version available up to 20 users, which is a great limit for getting your team started with it and proving the model before deciding if it's something you want to scale for use with the rest of your business.

We use Asana for everything, from tracking new business building activities, to tracking sales prospect progress, to project management, meeting agendas, and personal projects. Asana has proven to be especially helpful in managing projects with our clients. We create "teams" and "projects" for each new client, set up the project tasks, then share it with them. It allows our clients to work with us collaboratively on the project and they have full insight into the status at all times. The positive feedback we've received from our clients on this tool has further validated our choice to use it.

Asana review by Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

"Best task management software I've tried"

What do you like best?

I started using Asana after reading David Allen's Getting Things Done. I tried a few other task management systems online before settling on Asana, but I think I'll be sticking with it for a long time. One of my favorite things about Asana is I can have a backlog of tasks that need to get done and choose which ones I want to get done today, which are upcoming, and which will be done late. I can put due dates on everything and add tags, priority levels, subtasks, and notes.

I also really like being able to categorize everything on my to do list with project names. It helps keep my professional and private life separate but still organized.

I also love how I can forward an email from my Gmail account to Asana and it will automatically create a task for me. That's the icing on the cake.

What do you dislike?

Asana can be difficult to figure out; there's quite a learning curve when you're just starting out, in my opinion. However, they do publish a host of webinars and learning videos to help get you started.

I work in a remote environment and it can be difficult to collaborate with my coworkers and have solid ownership of projects and tasks within those. Asana makes it so easy because all you have to do is tag a person on an assignment (or part of it) and it shows up in their Inbox and on their Tasks list. I love that.

Asana review by Alanna R.
Alanna R.

"Keep organized - hold each other accountable - Asana is GREAT"

What do you like best?

I use it on a team of three and during our weekly meetings we have Asana pulled up and we enter our weekly tasks right there. As the week goes on we check off our completed tasks and everyone can see the progress we make! We also use the conversation tool on a very regular basis. When our team is crazy busy and we don't have time to run to each other's desks we can quickly ask a question and our team can answer in a more timely manner when it is most convenient for us.

What do you dislike?

We are still relatively new to using Asana and are still exploring its full capabilities. We do not like receiving emails for all updates. There may be the possibility to change this but we have not looked yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We do not have the means to purchase the full Asana usage and if that is the case for your company, this is a great free version. Additionally, if you need to share documents with your team (i.e. do not have a shared drive set up already with your team) this is a great tool Asana offers!

We are solving our accountability issues. With an events planning office, there are many little details that need to be in place. If missed there can be larger implications in the flow/quality of our events. Asana is helping us track the small things and hold each other accountable for the completion of tasks that may seem "small" when they really are important.

Asana review by William C.
William C.

"Great Calendar Project Management"

What do you like best?

I use the calendar feature all the time. It is great to see what I have going on and what my team has going on. It also allows for real project planning, where I can set tasks, daily even, and have it lead in the back end to a greater and larger project.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an ability to clone and tas and lead to the same edit screen as creating a task minus the assignee and the date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana works very well for companies looking for a software that can break down projects into manageable tasks, and record those tasks on a very minute level. it can also help with repetitive tasks that need to be redone every month, like a contract renewal.

we use Asana to plan tasks for projects, this also gives us a real schedule and visual of how busy our month or week is. it also allows us to keep track of when a task isn't ready to be performed as we can move it to a new date and the task records that movement.

Asana review by Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.

"Could probably utilize it better, but failed to provide real change for my workflows"

What do you like best?

Clear check-list formatting, once you dig into a bit of the shortcuts/workflows/best practices, pretty easy to create tasks, assign ownership, set deadlines in a readily sharable, visible way

What do you dislike?

It is a lot of orchestration, but ultimately feel like just another tool to keep open, another tab to have always open. I don't use it enough to live in it and find full value, so it is just annoying to have to go access it for certain projects, certain teams who use it. Most of my specific product feedback is probably more a reflection of my own shallowness of use rather than core product issues, but I just don't see differentiated enough value to justify yet another pm/task mgmt tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vet exactly what you need from a tool like this and what you think adoption will be. Is it worth adding another tool to the stack?

clearer project mgmt, deadlines, visibility

Asana review by Jon F.
Jon F.

"Regain Your Sanity with Asana!"

What do you like best?

Asana is very easy to understand and use. It's easy (and fast!) to add tasks and subtasks to projects because the Asana interface is designed to reflect the ease of use of a text editor. *Very* effective design paradigm.

What do you dislike?

The mobile Asana app has a relatively steep learning curve. Takes some time and experimentation to find your projects and tasks and learn how to be productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend just trying Asana. Time yourself and see how long it takes you to get up and running with the tool and how long it takes you to become productive with it. Think about the text editor design paradigm and just use the Enter/Return and Delete keys accordingly. Super fast. I'd also recommend starting your trial using the web app instead of using the mobile app.

I'm mostly solving personal organization problems with Asana. Creating project streams for myself, adding tasks with dates to those projects, and then knocking out the work I've planned and organized for myself. I also use Asana to communicate with a very small team of people that are mostly following my updates as I knock out work planned in Asana.

Asana review by Bianca K.
Bianca K.

"If you have a very small budget this is an okay option"

What do you like best?

It's generally user-friendly and doesn't require watching multiple tutorial videos to figure out what to do like most PM software. We're on the free version, so we don't have access to full admin features. Still, the free version of Asana is fairly robust and has helped us consolidate and centralize project discussions.

What do you dislike?

I am not crazy about having both a conversations tab and an area to make comments on each individual task. I am sure this is helpful for some teams, but it's been confusing for our team. We've set up each client as a "Team" and under that team are multiple tasks. Within each task, we'd love to go to one area where all of the back and forth and files live (similar to a Basecamp thread). Right now, we're just posting all project information and files in the conversations tab and making due with that. Also, it seems that once a task has been "Completed" the comments from that original task are archived and only accessible via the calendar tool. Maybe we're just slow, though, and aren't using it right.

Also, would really just love a standalone desktop app version of Asana as it's kinda cumbersome to check the website all the time. I'm personally relying on the app to give me fast notifications for whenever a PM posts something new, but there are still lags. For teams like ours, we need instant notifications (that aren't MORE emails) as we're handling dozens if not hundreds of individual projects across many clients. We tried AppSana and it is not useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version first obvs and experiment with how you set up clients. We ultimately decided to set up our individual clients as "teams" and add respective team members when appropriate.

We have dozens of clients, so using Asana has really helped us centralize all (well, most) conversations about each client. It's made us realize we still have too many clients and no software will help us manage everything 100% efficiently :-)

Asana review by Kelly G.
Kelly G.

"CanNOT say enough about the power of Asana."

What do you like best?

The ease of building projects and tasks while adding notation, dates, and updates! There is so much that I can say about the functionality and intuitive design that this software provides. Not only can I do everything from my app, but the look and feel from Web to app is seamless in design, Making for a pain-free process when trying to project manage. No one likes a clunky interface when they're trying to GSD.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes a few more clicks then I would like, and it can be a little bit confusing at first trying to decide where to add notes depending on what level you want the notation added; for example, if you want to add to that the task level or at the project level, you can do either or both, but to see those notes on the task level requires clicking on each task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are plenty of Competitors out there, and you'll obviously want to make sure and weigh your options, however, I saw that has very good options for absolutely no price whatsoever, especially if you're a small business owner and don't have a large staff, or you are just project managing you and only you.

I have so much on my plate that this provides a relaxing flow and understanding of what needs to be done immediately, versus what can be put on a side or back burner or taken off the stove completely.

Asana review by Anant A.
Anant A.

"Effective Planning App"

What do you like best?

Asana is like its name. Asana, which means 'EASY" in Hindi ....! It makes planning a breeze and very convenient. Sharing the plans is also very easy.

Reminders, setting timelines, wow, just love it.... and it is free. Attachments, timelines, calendar, to do list, collaboration, all in one place. And that makes it very special. I have been using this app for more than two years now. And, it is very awesome. Syncing calendar with other apps like google calendar is also very easy. You have everything in one place.No matter how many projects you working on, asana can handle all. And, its totally free to use.

What do you dislike?

Interface is bit less customizable for me. it should have more customizing options. I would have loved that. it feels monotonic sometimes. More colours, more backgrounds will make it very fun to use. More themes should be added to the app. interface could have been bit better But, nevertheless, the features it provide are quite powerful to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definately give it a try.

Well, planning and sharing has become very easy. and we make sure we are on same page everytime, when we plan and execute. To Do list is very helpful and new calendar feature is quite advanced from other calendar apps. Attachments can be added with ease and different projects can be handled at same time. Timelines can be made. It help us in collaborating in very easy way.

Asana review by Isaac E.
Isaac E.

"It keeps things moving"

What do you like best?

I like the quick communication the interface can convey between two people on a team. There's no guesswork involved with how far along a project is anymore. I don't have to turn around and say "hey bob? Where are you at on this?"

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more features. For example, when someone completes a task and I get notified in my email, the email doesn't tell me which project it was from. It gives the name of the task and that's it! All of our project has a final "Send Out to Client" task which means the project is complete. However, if I get 3 "Send Out to Client" notifications I have no idea which projects just got completed without asking my fellow co-workers.

By far the best problem we're solving is figuring out where are projects are at in real time. This enables us to notify our client if we'll be finishing something early or late. We also can figure out who needs to step up their game to get the project moving along seamlessly.

Asana review by Amy C.
Amy C.

"Asana is a great task management tool"

What do you like best?

Asana is great way to categorize projects and tasks in a nice visual format. I love that they've added the kanban style view as well, which works great for a visual team. The calendar view is a good way to get a birds eye view of what tasks you have coming up each week. For me, it also helps me to remember delivery deadlines for various assets throughout our projects.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a stronger reporting feature. I have managed to figure out ways to create some reports by placing tasks in multiple projects, but it's not really the ideal way to get an overview of your workload. You can integrate Asana with Instagantt, but it would be neat if workload management was included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is great if you don't want something too complex or something to work with clients in.

Asana's dashboard is a nice way to stay on top of all of your projects and the latest developments with them. That's probably my favorite feature when I'm juggling lots of projects at once. Sometimes it gets hard to remember all of the details, but I can put the most relevant information on my dashboard and that helps a lot.

Asana review by Jeannine A.
Jeannine A.

"Asana helps me organize web design projects."

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Asana now offers project management tools in both list and tile formats. I personally prefer the list format. It's easy to see our progress at any given time. It also makes it super simple for me to quickly look at a project and see whether we're on track to finish on time and on-budget. Project management for website design projects can be a nightmare, but Asana really has helped me stay on top of my client work, and has helped my sanity!

What do you dislike?

Asana's user interface can be a bit confusing at times. There are so many capabilities, and it can be challenging to discover what formats and configurations will work best for me. I assume after a while longer of experimenting with formats, I'll get a more concrete system down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version, and give yourself time to adjust to the format. There are also helpful blog articles with suggestions on how to organize projects, along with examples.

Asana has helped me avoid overwhlem and disorganization in my largest client projects. I used to use Google spreadsheets for project management, and Asana gives me the same benefits, but with more capabilities. My working speed is much quicker now that I have Asana to automate some of my tasks.

Asana review by Gerald G.
Gerald G.

"This is best for organizing and monitoring projects."

What do you like best?

Asana is an opportunity to eliminate chaos and organize the workflow in order to optimize it. The service has excellent design and functionality and, at the same time, easy to use. I like the function of organizing projects for each participant and for the team as a whole. This helps to assess the pace and dynamics of the project. And also makes our communications within the team easier and more efficient. I see Asana's great potential.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any bad problems with this platform. Actually, I found that software useful and understandable for all working team.

This is not a minus, but my wish: I would like to be able to monitor and evaluate the contribution of each participant to a particular project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a need to control the performance of tasks assigned by your team, then Asana will be very useful. Because it is the best tool for organizing projects, setting tasks and controlling the entire work process. The service is easy to use and helps to establish communication within the team.

I recommend Asana for both business and personal use.

Using Asana was very effective for our team. It is an ideal service precisely for collective cooperation. We can prescribe tasks, set dates and deadlines, comment something, and much more. I also use this service for personal purposes. Notifications about the timing of my tasks, allows me to be more organized.

Asana review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Great project managent tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very graphical. Great for organization and teams. Great easy conversations, file attachments, and calendars for teams to share information easily, effectively, and naturally. Most teams can use the free version with no problems! Able to upload files just by copy and paste. Very easy to move items around to rearrange or organize things. Can see the full history of how things take place to keep track, incase it becomes he said, she said.

What do you dislike?

Takes a little bit to learn and figure out their terminology and how things work. Some extra features require a paid upgrade, but usually not an issue for larger organizations, but small companies or teams may be an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open a user account to give the software a try and learn how it works by playing around with a sample project or 2 to discover how it works. It takes a little bit to understand what types of organizers and items you can add to a project. Sharing is great and quick and conversations are natural like normal texting or emailing.

working with teams and management. No need to keep emailing the same or updated document back and forth, easy to add a new member to the team to provide them access to all of the materials.

Asana review by Dorca N. L.
Dorca N. L.

"Impressed and finally organized!"

What do you like best?

I was looking for an app that I could organize everything from deadlines of projects, scheduled payroll, dates for training and everything I needed to do to get prepared for it and much more! I like that I can have it in my phone and that I can access it through the computer also, plus I can add other people and assign tasks and see the status of the projects I'm working on and supervising. Everything in one app only! I'm still learning and trying to help others to use it better as I learn, and I hope to have everything in it, as much as personal as for business, because it works even better that an agenda for me.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have access to it from a shortcut in the desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me, its easier than others I tried before, I finally found what we needed, and its easier to use than most. I recommend it not only for business, but also for personal, like when preparing personal events like weddings, birthdays, baby showers and much more!

I have ALL my deadlines for payroll, federal payments, user and password of the accounts, sites to go to, in other words, everything in one place with all the information, and scheduled for the whole year. Also I finally could get the projects with the people working in it and have better communication. This app has been perfect for me!

Asana review by Curtis G.
Curtis G.

"Free tool for team workflow and project management"

What do you like best?

Asana is free to use for small teams. They do have upgrade options for larger teams and advanced features and permissions. It's really really easy to do things like create tasks, tag people, drag and drop files, and mark things done or track status. Plus they offer list view, board/wall view, calendar view, attachments view, and discussion/conversations view. Pro tip: go into your settings and turn on some of their beta features for advanced uses. Plus you can also get fun little animations and delight moments when you complete tasks or customization of screens to your personality with different skins and themes. They offer both a browser solution and mobile app and integrate with a lot of other tools. It's a great way to reduce email and keep your team connected and working on your priorities.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little overly cumbersome and some of the more advanced features and ways of using the tool you have to research a little and learn about. Plus it's very task focused, so not everyone will like using this tool. If you love having lots of tasks and checking them off though you definitely will. Also, everyone has the same permissions so it's really easy to accidentally delete things (but you can easily get them reverted) and you don't have any roles in the free version so everyone can see everything too. Great if you really trust your team and have 100% transparency, which more companies need anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare with the other tools out there and decide what fits your team(s) best. Also let your individual teams choose which tools they want to use, most talk to each other nowadays anyway. Don't just decide for them and force them to use what you want.

Our company has tried a few solutions and not everyone likes all of the tools we have for workflow and project management so some of our teams are using different ones, we use Asana for our marketing and creative teams and HR needs. I've used it at other companies too with different teams.

Asana review by James r.
James r.

"Use Asana to organize multiple aspects of your jobs"

What do you like best?

Asana allows you to organize projects into task and sub task that can be assigned to user in your group.

What do you dislike?

Currently Asana is meeting my project and team needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Asana if you find it a chore to stay on schedule and want to reduce micromanagement. It can give the team a clear cut view of what needs to be accomplished without question. This can allow users to reach for goals on projects and challenge themselves to get ahead of schedule. It also allows you to shift priority and due dates. The entire team assigned to the project and view this and allows users to jump in where it is needed to complete the task. The different views allows you to see per task assigned to just you, calendar view with dates each task is due, and what needs to be completed per project for all users. The aspects listed above make Asana a very valuable tool that any company an benefit from.

Organizing projects allowing everyone in a group to know priorities in order to stay on schedule. If gives a complete view of what needs to be accomplished and where to shift task around to maintain schedule.

It allows use to assign jobs and break them into sub task to ensure everything gets completed.

Asana review by Kathryn S.
Kathryn S.

"Good Team Organization"

What do you like best?

I like that an entire team can see what is going on in the company just by signing into Asana. You can basically create your entire to-do list on this site and it shows everyone what you are doing and how far you are on specific projects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is not connected to my normal calendar. I have to manually put everything into Asana and than manually put it on my iCloud calendar. I also don't like the emails that are sent when an item is coming to do, they do not go to everyone that is following the thread, only the person that task is assigned to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if the team members actually sign on and are looking at the progress of a project. During busy times, I have no extra time to go through and add my to do list to this online to do list and therefore falls behind in getting updated.

We are solving some communication problems we've had in-house. We are able to show the entire team what is going on and where we are at while handling many tasks.

Asana review by John William David T.
John William David T.

"Good for teams, a bit fiddly for freelancers with lots of clients."

What do you like best?

It makes it easy for everything, and everyone to be in one place. Particularly good for adding a todo list for employees/contractors when you have lots of separate but connected jobs.

What do you dislike?

It gets quite messy when you're dealing with lots of different teams with varying levels of permissions, and different accounts with different clients. I think it handles multiple teams/accounts better than most other systems, but it's far from perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with anything that involves the whole team, make sure everyone is on board and invested in using Asana, otherwise you will end up having to use Asana and other communication methods at the same time, which sort of negates the point of using Asana in the first place.

Communication -- having everyone in one place and able to see all the details of a project, and the status of each section of the job means you don't have to be constantly going back and forward with every member of the team.

Asana review by Kim P.
Kim P.

"Great task management tool!"

What do you like best?

Asana has virtually eliminated my paper-and-pen to-do lists. It's an easy way to keep me, my team, and even external vendors on the same page. I like that it has an app so tasks can be managed outside of the office.

What do you dislike?

So far, the only thing I dislike is "My Tasks" view has to be saved for everyone in the organization otherwise it defaults to none. That doesn't quite make sense to me, as "MY" tasks should be displayed in the best way for each individual. Also, it would be a cool feature to add a priority ranking so that high priority items are easily visible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, intuitive interface. Has an app to allow task management outside of the office.

Asana keeps our team updated on important tasks and milestones. It has increased collaboration not only internally, but with external vendors/consultants as well. Using Asana has eliminated paper to-do lists for me.

Asana review by sri p.
sri p.

"Asana review"

What do you like best?

I love being able to share this with others. I can invite people to collaborate with me right in Asana. Its super customizable so I was able to tailor it to my needs. I use it for my personal life and business. There are different templates that you can use. This is a great tool for any project or life management that you can think of. It took me a while to find the best way to use it, but once I did it make things so much easier for me.

What do you dislike?

Have to keep the app on my phone for the rare occasions that I need to utilize it on the go. Would rather the email notifications give me more info so I don't have to click through to the app or would prefer it load a mobile webpage. But a very very small annoyance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One place to organize my personal and business projects and ideas. Its like having a notebook. I can organize all of my ideas in one place.

Project management

Asana review by Lauryn T.
Lauryn T.

"Great program, does take a little time to get it set up!"

What do you like best?

I love that once you set this up to meet your needs, it is so easy to use. You can customize the program to fit your needs and it's an amazing task management tool. I also love the unicorns and narwhals!

What do you dislike?

While I enjoy using it, it took a lot of time to get it set up in a way that worked for me. It take a little getting used to the system and it can be slightly confusing at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program and can be very efficient when used properly. Be prepared to set up the system in a way that works for your organization. However, once set up properly, it is an amazing tool for task management.

Task management. It lets me track projects and tasks associated with teach project. The biggest benefit is it puts everything in once place and is easy to follow once you have it all put together.

Asana review by Shweta S.
Shweta S.

"Asana makes it easy to manage & track projects"

What do you like best?

With the help of Asana, I can keep track of my tasks easily. Moreover, I can also assign tasks to my team members with deadlines. It makes easy to manage all your projects. You can also start team conversations to announce new tasks or to discuss projects. You can plan your time with its calendar feature and can work efficiently. You can also make your tasks public or can keep it private. One of the features of Asana is it helps you to work with two different groups.

What do you dislike?

There is no such thing but just looking forward to more features and functionality. I would like to have more customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommended.

Managing team effectively, tracking your team progress, announcing new projects, meeting deadlines, and assigning tasks.The main problem in every business is to manage its projects and resources and Asana helps in solving this problem. It helped me to manage my tasks, keep track of my deadlines, assign projects to others and evaluate your performance.

Asana review by Betsy W.
Betsy W.

"Asana is a huge help with preojcet management"

What do you like best?

Asana is easy to use and can be picked up quickly without much training. This allows new employees to hit the ground running and not take too much time with training.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there isn't much in the way of customization. It would be nice to be able to customize the templates a bit more to fit each companies needs and flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely make sure it will work with what you want to use it for. Everyone has their own way of communicating tasks so give it a try and make sure the flow works for your company and employees

We heavily use Asana for Project management. Being able to reference old tasks within one source is very helpful. Our company has various teams throughout the glove so being able to communicate via Asana helps to get things done quickly and efficiently even with a huge time difference.

Asana review by Danny E.
Danny E.

"Asana is a wonderful project management tool for small to medium teams"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Asana is to set up. It is not overly complex like many of the other project management software I have used. I am not a gantt chart person and am happy that it is not the main focus of Asana. It is very easy to set up projects, collaborate with team members, and get a view of the project both from the highest level down to the lowest task. The ability to dive into subtasks forever is a very easy way to segment projects. I like that only a single person can be responsible for any given task and then many can follow the task.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if the Box connection actually opened up files in Box instead of simply uploaded them from Box. It makes file management a little harder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial and play around with it. You'll quickly find how easy it is to use.

Our team has moved all of our business tasks into Asana. We still use PivotalTracker for our software related tasks as it is better for agile development. We have seen an immediate benefit from being able to have a backlog of tasks and a current list of tasks being worked on.

Asana review by Sasha R.
Sasha R.

"Basic Team Task Management Software"

What do you like best?

Asana is helpful for managing tasks with our student staff in the office. It has a sleek interface and has an app that makes it useful for on the go work as well.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit for the number of people you can use for free and the cost to add additional people is a bit much for a small organization. We are still working to get everyone in the office regularly integrated into the system. Once we have successfully done that we will evaluate whether the cost is truly worth it to pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great task management for small offices. The limit on users is the only thing to consider. However, we have been able to create teams and follow up on tasks within our individual teams that allow for performance evaluation and task management as well.

We began using Asana in order to find a way to effectively communicate with a staff of work-study students who are often not all in the office at the same time and who are also not always in the office at the same time as their direct supervisors. This program has allowed us to create teams where the professional staff member can assign tasks to their student workers and, when the teams aren't in the office at the same time they can even communicate back and forth via the comments. The calendar option is also useful but we have not utilized it as much.

Asana review by Mandy G.
Mandy G.

"When you need more than a To Do list "

What do you like best?

Asana is very easy to set up and provides lots of support. The amount of things that can be stored in Asana - attachments, images, pdfs, convos is really helpful. I use it for personal use and my company has adopted it for project management across departments.

What do you dislike?

Images, pdfs, content within a convo require you to log into Asana to download which can be time consuming. Also, while it is easy to use, getting team members who have never used a project management system to adopt Asana is ... challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of support. Don't worry about getting it "perfect" when setting up as it is easy to change/adapt to needs. Let team members use on their own(personal project management/to-do lists) at first to get comfortable in the product.

Heavier to-do lists and complicated projects across departments were out-growing the traditional inbox and to-do lists that we used previously.

Asana review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Perfect for agile teams and and small groups who need to keep track of project tasks and status"

What do you like best?

Asana have a very easy to use web interface and is easy to setup, organize, assign, and comment on tasks. The built-in communications tools are top notch and keep each individual conversation targeted and moving. I also like how responsive the Asana developers are in bringing new features and improvements to the app.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app on Android needs improvement with UI. Unlike the web interface, I am constantly trying to figure out what to do next on the mobile app and have accidently marked tasks as done more often than intended due to some confusion on when to swipe to a new screen and when a swipe marks tasks as done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana seems to be a great fit for teams looking for agile or GTD development structures. If a traditional PM software with dependencies and waterfalls is required, this is probably not the app for you.

Bringing insiders and outsiders in on projects and keeping everyone apprised of status and tasks remaining to complete a project.

Asana review by Sean B.
Sean B.

"Great Reporting, UX Needs Work "

What do you like best?

We switched to Asana from Basecamp because we found the reporting and prioritization rather lacking in the latter. Asana has much better reporting tools for managers and the ability to prioritize tasks and projects.

What do you dislike?

While we loved the collaborative tools and the user interface of Basecamp – it was easy to use every day, all day – the interface of Asana is still kind of a mess. Asana came from the minds of some former Facebook employees and there are some elements that will seem/look similar. However, commenting or having conversations, especially on tasks is horrible. Comments are not threaded (you can't reply specifically to a comment) and threads get truncated after only a few lines so you may login to find you've missed dozens of comments which have all been collapsed. We've moved to Slack for our back and forths, but giving creative direction in Asana is a chore.

Additionally the "Lab" elements you can enable (such as covering your screen with tabby cats or getting a flying unicorn for completing a task) are cute, but hardly useful. I wish they'd focus on cleaning up the UI.

We are definitely are seeing reporting improvements, but I wouldn't say anyone on our team is in love with the platform.

Asana review by Gustavo G.
Gustavo G.

"Task tracking made simple"

What do you like best?

The UI, for sure. I couldn't think of many more ways to reinvent the to-do list - but definitely Asana was able to surprise me in a lot of ways. It's so easy to visualize and understand your tasks in a specific project, as well as see where is your team on their tasks too. The tasks also can store anything you need, from links, comments, picture, items, etc - but to the contrary of other task management tools like Trello and Evernote, this data doesn't get in the way of the main information - great UI and UX!

What do you dislike?

One thing I think is really missing from Asana is having some tools that can have it used along with Scrum, like having a backlog and being able to separate the tasks by sprints or epics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are afraid that Asana can be overwhelming, don't be. It has a lot of features but it is very simple to use. And more than that, it has integrations with many other tools as well, like Slack and even Google Chrome. It is not only a great tool to be used in teams but also you can use it to track your personal projects too. But if you are considering to use to track your Scrum projects, I think you might need to search for another tool.

Organize our work and improve the team's communication. A place that is easy to great both daily tasks and longer term and bigger scope projects. After making use of Asana we could definitely observe improvement of the team's overall productivity. Now everyone knows exactly what they should be doing (app is great for delegating tasks) and more than that, everyone knows where they should go to understand everything that is going on regarding their projects.

Asana review by Dave L.
Dave L.

"Great for small teams"

What do you like best?

Asana is the perfect project management software for small teams that don't need the complexity of a JIRA or other overly complex system but have quickly outgrown tracking tasks in Outlook or Excel. Entering a task takes all of 15 seconds. But if you need to you can quickly expand the information around a task by attaching files, creating sub tasks, setting due dates and dependencies, basically all the features you'd expect with a robust project management system without the overly cumbersome screens or requirements. Asana just lets you use what you need for that project or task without forcing a defined workflow on you every time like JIRA.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they took away the ability to track hours from the free version but I understand why. I also don't like that to track estimated hours, actual hours used and task status you have to setup custom fields for everything. It would be nice if they offered some "templates" of standard custom fields out of the box.

Asana allows my small team to quickly plan out projects and track the tasks needed to complete the project on time for our clients. I love how we don't need dedicated project manager to just manage the project software but can have the developers manage the tasks themselves.

Asana review by Veronika B.
Veronika B.

"10/10 Project management software for businesses of any kind"

What do you like best?

+ Brilliant UX that introduces clarity and pleasure to task planning and strategising.

+ Fantastic features, like adding due dates to checklist items in tasks and the ability to add the same task (card) to multiple boards without having to duplicate them.

+ Great collaboration tools through notifications and a number of possible integrations.

+ Excellent company vision to create a better, more connected world.

What do you dislike?

The tool is close to perfect so there are no negatives to share. Sure, sometimes it's slow to load or there is a glitch when tagging a person, but the overall reliability of the tool supersedes expectations when compared to other tools available in the market.

The Asana team is working hard to bring traditional features like gang charts and other innovative solutions to their software which I'm personally very much looking forward to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is a brilliant project management tool to plan company-wide projects, product roadmaps and all marketing/design/content activities. That, paired with a brilliant company mission makes for a close to perfect piece of software.

Efficient planning, productivity and better communication between teams.

Asana review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"Free and quick task management with mobile app support"

What do you like best?

There's a lot to like about this app. First off, it's free, yet so full of features. I've used this for tracking business tasks and even personal tasks like everything that was involved with selling my house. It's nice to assign specific tasks to specific members, and be able to have a conversation on that specific task, along with attachments, follow ups, due dates, sub-tasks, etc. And on top of that, it has a slick mobile app too, so whether you're on your laptop/desktop or on your smartphone, you're good to go.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike. I've seen some complaints around the web that the site is slow or has performance issues, but I've never experienced that on any of the computers or phones I have used.

It definitely solves our task management and tracking needs. When a task is done, it is archived for future reference. Makes it easy for us to stay organized on what needs to be done, and what has been done. It just works.

Asana review by Fillipe Neyl W.
Fillipe Neyl W.

"If you deal with lot of team mates and hundreds of tasks, Asana is gonna save your life!"

What do you like best?

The best task list is the notepad, because it's simple and fast. Now imagine if you give it super powers! That's how I feel about Asana. It makes so easy to create tasks and assign them, but goes beyond a simple notepad list because you can set due dates, include followers, make comments, and much more.

What do you dislike?

I confess one thing... there's a little learning curve, not so much because os Asana itself, but more about how the user will adapt the current way he organize his tasks versus the Asana way. There's some different and flexible ways to use Asana (that's what makes it so good) and in the very beginning you may feel a little lost until you find the way the best suits your needs.

Asana allows for a team to work with hundreds, even thousands of tasks in a very organized and simple way. Asana makes it possible and very delightful to stop using emails for tasks and approvals.

Asana review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Task Management for Teams"

What do you like best?

The search function is pretty good at finding every task or file related to your search query (even on completed tasks). Tagging projects and tasks helps our team keep campaigns organized instead of just floating around somewhere in Asana. When you upload images, they upload with a thumbnail preview so you can see what the file is before even opening it.

The addition of "boards" allows our team to move projects from one stage to the next and is a nice visual element to Asana. The "copy task" functionality saves me time on repeated tasks, which is huge for me each week. The abiilty to "pin to top" is especially helpful for long threads because you can keep important messages and/or files in clear view instead of buried within a long conversation back and forth with team members. Finally, the two-verification method when deleting a task is nice because the platform doesn't just get rid of something immediately--it makes you confirm it before deleting it from the backend.

What do you dislike?

The biggest drawback of Asana for me is the inability to edit comments. Users can only delete and type a new one. This seems like a simple thing to add especially when followers and @ mentions get an email notification of every new update to a task.

More organization with projects and campaign management.

Asana review by James B.
James B.

"Lots of features for a busy team."

What do you like best?

I like that everything my team has going on gets recorded in this software. It gets really stressful wondering where a project is, or if I assigned it, or if the person got the assignment - with Asana and everyone going to the same place to collaborate, nothing gets missed.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve how everyone should use it can get a little confusing. It would be great to have several tutorials on how to best organize work assignments within Asana.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to simplify and de-stress your project management with multiple employees/IC's, then Asana is a great place to start.

Confusion around assignments and project status are greatly reduced because of using Asana with my team. The fact that I can not only assign projects and tasks, but also maintain a dialogue with everyone involved in that project helps a lot.

Asana review by Adri L.
Adri L.

"A helpful tool for to-do lists. "

What do you like best?

Several things I like:

I like that you can have comprehensive lists. Sometimes I have projects that have several to-do lists for parts of the projects and this keeps everything together yet separate. The sublists option is really, really helpful to keep things organized.

It's very helpful that you can tag lists to make it easier to find your information.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really to dislike, I enjoy the layout and tools available (especially for free.) It would be nice if you could customize more of the features like color and fonts but that COULD be a service offered if you upgrade which I have not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to really explore the features and watch tutorials online. There are a lot of free courses and advice so you can not waste time re-inventing the wheel.

I just this for my small business, keeping track of to do lists. I am also currently incorporating the use into the non-profit I work for. It's also nice to log on and see your list but you can use your phone to get to the list when you are out and about.