Asana

Asana is the shared task list for your team–the place to plan, organize and stay in sync.

Work for Asana?

Learning about Asana?

Asana Reviews

Ask Asana a Question
Showing 2513 Asana reviews
Asana review by <span>Daniel L.</span>
Daniel L.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Recurring tasks and simple task delegation make it easy to manage weekly tasks/projects and stay up to date on who is accomplishing each task and whether it has been completed.

I also love Asana's 'boards' project type. It is a "Trello-like" experience and is great for managing progress on different projects when columns are designated for each step.

What do you dislike?

I find that the "My Tasks" view often requires too much management of its own and can quickly get out of hand when it's not managed. This is a big reason why I say that Asana is great a project management but not the best at managing one individual's tasks/to-do list. The "My Tasks" view feels a bit unnatural and awkward and simply requires too much management of its own.

Due date notifications are not ideal and Asana has set up their application in a way that requires you to "live" in the app in order to stay up to date with your tasks.

Asana's mobile app has been one of it's weakest aspects. However, they have recently released new updates which has gone a long way to improve its usefulness. With that being said, it's still quite underpowered compared to its desktop web application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is great as a project management solution, especially when working with teams. However, it isn't great at being a task manager/to-do list application for managing your own individual tasks.

Asana has given me a streamlined method for managing projects and delegating tasks to other individuals. Viewing the status of a task that has been delegated is simple and I also receive notifications when a task is completed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Asana
Asana review by <span>Carl B.</span>
Carl B.
Validated Review

Asana helps keep everything under control.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I really like the user interface; you can configure it for your needs. I also like that you can choose the appearance of your Dashboard (tasks in the form of panels or as a list). It is easy to create tasks, organize them and monitor their implementation. You can easily assign a task to any member of your team and Asana itself will monitor the timing of its implementation. I also like the ability to integrate with other services. We use Asana with Slack. In addition, I synchronize my own tasks with my Google Calendar.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to configure all notifications. I have moments when I have hundreds of notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop using only e-mail and begin to monitor your tasks in Asana. The service is quite simple to use. You will be able to organize your work at the highest level.

Asana helped us to organize our team more effectively. Now each of its members knows exactly their tasks and the terms of their implementation. Now there is no situation when we forgot about a promise to our client. We also improved communication within our team.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Asana review by <span>Mylin G.</span>
Mylin G.

Robust Tool to Meet Your Organization Needs

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Asana offers the tools and functions for any willing user to organize their projects in a manner that works best for them. It offers ability to organize tasks either as the traditional hierarchy list or as a board (ie, Trello) which provides flexibility. Better yet, Asana allows you to collaborate with other users creating opportunity to clearly communicate project progress.

What do you dislike?

Differing organization methods can conflict when multiple users are using Asana due to Asana offering such flexibility in how you organize. It's best to have defined how Asana should be used per project to reach Asana's full potential. Also, Asana is only powerful if all users check and utilize Asana. If members stop updating Asana or checking for notifications, Asana starts to lose effectiveness.

My company runs several projects at the same time. Asana allows us to create a designated section for each project. This prevents information overload for those not affiliated with specific projects and also helps keep tasks separated so that there is not confusion between projects.

Asana review by <span>Jonathan R.</span>
Jonathan R.

Great task-management client

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Asana is a great resource for keeping track of your own tasks, knowing what else you have coming up, and seeing what your other team-members' capacities are. Everything you have currently and coming up is out in front of you, and you can sort by due date, project, completion, etc. If you want to keep up with what a coworker is working on, you can add yourself as a follower to get notifications every time the task is modified or updated.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback for Asana that I encountered was the frequency of the emails and notifications I received in the early going. Once I discovered how to modify my notification settings I found the experience to be much more enjoyable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only problem I encountered with Asana was the number of notifications I received before I discovered how to reduce the frequency of them. After making this change Asana has been a great user experience top to bottom. A fun tidbit: if you go into settings and select the "Tab-B" option and then hit those keys a few dozen times, it's a fun little easter egg!

Organizing tasks into projects and sorting by due date is a great way to keep track of your own capacity or that of your coworkers/subordinates. There will never be any confusion regarding what someone has to work on. The Harvest time-tracking integration is particularly helpful for keeping track of how much time goes into each task, and it all links back to the specific task through harvest.

Asana review by <span>Cassandra G.</span>
Cassandra G.

Good for a go-getter

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Asana is a really easy drag and drop tool - It's great for individuals that need to visualize their projects and keep track of an ever-changing environment.

What do you dislike?

One thing I wish Asana would do is push more updates to my desktop and not spam my email account. I'd love to have instantaneous pop-ups when my deadline is approaching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy and free solution, I highly recommend using the trial or free version of Asana for a few projects and tracking your success with interaction and logging. I found it very helpful with my own work whereas my co-worker/collaborator did not like her experience.

I'm utilizing Asana to keep track of our major projects and website redesign. When there is only one of you, it's easier to share your progress and track all the moving parts when you use a tool that's easy to understand. I can also include others as needs for both tracking and projects/assignments.

Asana review by <span>Milan W.</span>
Milan W.
Validated Review

Track your work faster than ever.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Much easy to visualize our work. I like that I can transfer work via multiple stages faster, easily, and wonderfully. I can simply create any project a success. To map out every step and organize all the details of our work in one apsce.

What do you dislike?

I'm glad that now we can work with this working tools.Which is really very clear and working well. We don't have any problem with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, you can create teams and projects individual to create a safe place for delicate work. Also, it is wonderful to designate management to control your organization’s usage and install safety controls so you feel sure that your information is secure.

We can easily make all of the stuff in one place. More open and clear way to bring emails, files. The better way to share results with our group and see how work is progressing to see what’s on track and what needs consideration for a better result.

Learn more about Asana

Asana Videos

Asana Downloads

Learning about Asana?

* We monitor all Asana reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.