Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(3,361 reviews)

Asana helps teams manage and coordinate their work by making plans, processes, and responsibilities clear.

Work for Asana?

Learning about Asana?

Asana Reviews

Ask Asana a Question
Showing 3,388 Asana reviews
Asana review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Pretty good product, but honestly I find myself reverting to pen and paper for tasks"

What do you like best?

I think being able to assign people tasks is helpful. We also get very detailed with the tags we put on for different projects. For example we use it to categorize by which action items get brought up at which meetings. We also use it to be able to communicate about check up calls so everyone is on the same page. I also like the feature of being able to comment on other people's projects.

What do you dislike?

If you don't have your whole team on the software it doesn't really work since you have to follow up on different channels. We use it mostly for customer support, but I also have marketing responsibilities, so it doesn't work as well for those. Again if you have your entire team on it you're better off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely make sure your whole team is using it and not just part of your team. It makes a lot of a difference, because if someone is out of the loop it sort of throws the whole thing off. When you get set up make sure every team has their own project and that there isn't too much of an overlap, where things could get confusing.

We are able to plan out long term projects and tasks within our smaller group.We have about 12 people in our team and it definitely makes our processes easier, but we just have to stay on top of keeping it updated.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Asana
Asana review by Héctor Joel B.
Héctor Joel B.

"Asana, powerful tool for project management."

What do you like best?

Asana, within the work area has a distribution and content management that gives you a comfortable environment, you can have all the information of your projects and content with follow-ups with a couple of clicks, it's easy to use so you will not have problems to implement it within your organization

What do you dislike?

For the paid version the cost is something that is uncomfortable for small business groups, however, the investment is worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very useful tool to keep a rigorous follow-up of the projects that your company keeps elaborating. It is easy to use, you just have to dedicate a little time and you can even link it to other applications so that this will speed us certain processes.

We are currently using Asana to manage and monitor our projects so we have a more organized view and a schedule of how the procedures are going and if they are met within the agreed deadline. Additionally, we have a growth plan i which we keep our working group informed about new areas of professional growth to be developed, this benefits the company that can have a personal and professional growth to attract the market.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Asana review by Miguel Angel H.
Miguel Angel H.

" Asana is a great project manager "

What do you like best?

Asana allows you to manage projects in an easy and optimal way, with which you can follow the objectives, projects and daily tasks. Allowing to establish priorities and getting in this way to improve response times in the work team. In addition, Asana facilitates the management with a very intuitive graphical interface that allows to create visual plans to see how the project unfolds in time. With this it is much easier to identify risks and vulnerabilities, and then eliminate these obstacles or avoid them effectively.

What do you dislike?

To get the most out of it, it takes time to acquire all the skills in the daily use of Asana. It is useful to have someone with experience in the platform to train the rest of the employees. And thanks to this you can achieve the necessary productivity faster, using more specific functions, dashboards and communication tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization or company has problems for monitoring and managing projects, do not hesitate to implement Asana. For example, if there are many problems with round-trip emails among team members that only contain comments, Asana will provide them with a unique meeting platform that optimizes communication between users.

Thanks to the ability to create daily tasks, templates and calendars, Asana allowed to improve the productivity and efficiency of the company's projects. With the Gantt charts, the follow-up of the projects was significantly improved since each unit had in one click its progress and its next steps to follow in the project. This facilitates the work of each element and thereby improve the times in the company.

Asana review by Elysia V.
Elysia V.

"Asana"

What do you like best?

Asana is my go-to application for Project Management. I have many clients and I am able to functionally organize them and schedule our tasks. I am able to bring each organization into my Asana separately so that my clients can use the application as well.

Asana is easy enough to use. Many of my clients are not tech savvy yet, feel comfortable using the app. There is also a great integration with Gmail as well as a Chrome extension.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The integration with Gmail takes some getting used to. It can be clunky and if you forget a step, it will not save to the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the tutorials, especially when migrating from another project management tool.

Project and Task organization. Nothing slips through the cracks as long as each item is scheduled and assigned correctly.

Communications with clients remain in each task so things don't get lost in email strings.

Asana review by Melissa H.
Melissa H.

"Ultimately helpful for a large team or for difficulties in determining task responsibility"

What do you like best?

I like that you can forward emails to Asana and it will make them into tasks. That's a really helpful way of keeping track of to-do lists. I also like that there are communications threads and ways to comment on tasks and tag coworkers. It's a helpful way to collect tasks into projects.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there would be details that I was trying to find within Asana conversations. I would type keywords into the search bar, but as far as I can tell, it didn't search through conversations or comments. Because of this, I'm unable to find comments in threads that are relevant to the task I need to finish. Between having "conversations" and commenting on threads, it can be frustrating to not be able to find conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This app is incredibly helpful in organizing larger projects!

Asana helped with several of our regional offices cooperating and communicating to plan a mega-event. We were able to delegate efficiently, have conversations about the different projects, and be able to tell who was in charge of each event. It definitely made the planning stages much smoother and it was a great step toward everyone being on the same page. It definitely helped establish a significant workflow, allowing everyone to know what their specific responsibilities are, and helping the large conference event we were planning to move smoothly. I loved that it was easy to communicate with other people on my team, but I wish that there was a more streamlined way to go.

Asana review by Mary Sue D.
Mary Sue D.

"Best tool for Small Businesses to work collaboratively on projects"

What do you like best?

Asana is an awesome planning, collaboration, and task management tool. I use it personally and professionally for both big and small projects. I love that I can quickly create a list, organize it, and add team members quickly and easily. It is easy to restructure tasks because we all know plans change. The ability to comment, call out people, and add files makes this a super robust tool for teams. The fact that it is super powerful on the free plan is a big benefit to the small business community.

What do you dislike?

More variety in the celebration emojis. :) Seriously, love those and would like to select my own theme.

As a small business owner and technology coach to small businesses, I use Asana to manage my own projects and teach small business owners how to use it to manage their projects and contract team members. Planning and following through are essentially to a growing business and believe Asana has made that possible.

Asana review by Wendy S.
Wendy S.

"Asana fits the bill"

What do you like best?

The best part of Asana is that it's easy to manage my home and work life in one app. With easy mobile or web apps, I'm able to note the task for whatever comes up regardless of where I am.

What do you dislike?

Although you can add tags to the favorites, I wish tag management was easier. Using GTD method, tags are essential. Also wish it would integrate with Harvest. Still need to use another task management system that does to manage tasks that require time tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a little time and effort you will be able to set up Asana in a manner that works with your company's work flow. It might take a few tries but by trial and error as well as looking up what others are doing on YouTube, you can find a solution that works.

Because Asana has a good free option, I'm able to set up new teams for each client.

Asana review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Great Task Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the visibility Asana give me into tasking and activities across team members. I get a lot of value out of the month at a glance view, which enables us to see parallel work-stream activities and make not of any dependencies.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really dislike about the product. The user interface is fresh and clean, though it can sometimes seem a little too simplistic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create clear rules and expectations for using the product in your organization. One of the best decisions we made was stop listing tasks in emails and only use Asana for task tracking. Organizational adoption of the tool meant we needed to figure out what to do with Asana and what not to do with other tools we used. We started using email to collaborate with external parties and we used asana to track tasks internally in the organization. This really helped us stay more organized.

Our virtual, global team was having trouble managing tasks and coordinating activities. Asana helped us keep track of tasks across teams and gave leadership insight into the activities taking place. It helped us better plan for future activities, after we gained a better understanding of how long some tasks took.

Asana review by Johann L.
Johann L.

"Asana is ok if you don't have requirements"

What do you like best?

There are some things I like about Asana. I like Asana's Kanban, tags, and the copy and paste of tasks. I like that you can add child tasks. I like there's a calendar associated with each project. I think Asana is starting to build out their software and I think they're listening to their end-users.

What do you dislike?

This is not a mature tool by any means. It's fine if you're using it for yourself but I wouldn't recommend introducing Asana to your team. Why?

1. Notification is all or nothing. You can either turn on notifications or you can't. You can't toggle the notifications.

2. Relying on 3rd party for burndown charts. A lot of software project management includes a burndown chart. Asana uses a third-party app, screenful.me. You have to pay for it and it doesn't give clarity into the project's status.

3. Disjointed projects. You cannot see holistically the status of your projects. This means you have to click inside each one.

4. Struggles talking to 3rd party APIs. For some reason there is an initial sync and then the handshake drops. This happened across multiple APIs.

5. If you've used other mature tools then you'll probably struggle using Asana. It doesn't provide enough clarity or detail to be able to make decisions.

6. Very difficult to prioritize tasks. You can move tasks up and down but that's it. You also can't view tasks and subtasks across a project. You can only view the subtasks if the task is open.

7. No automated workflows. Makes no sense as your team has to remember the process for doing X. If you have a lot of teams this can get messy very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make your PM software selection criteria list tool agnostic. Can't imagine a mature organization ever using this. Might as well use Excel to track your project at this rate.

The one business benefit I realized was tool selection criteria needed to be tighter. I wasn't here when Asana was chosen and the tool gets in the way of progress. I inherited the role of admin.

Asana review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"Eight Years with ASANA"

What do you like best?

The best parts of ASANA are the group interaction that we can stimulate with this tool. We have used ASANA for quite a long time to coordinate teams that are spread out all over the US and Asia. This tools allows us to coordinate activities and make sure the tasks assigned are completed in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

Actually, the updates are a little too frequent for me. What some may see as a positive, I dislike as it disrupts flow. While this may be inherent to new tools being developed, as a former software company owner, "feature creep" can be a hinderance at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with just a few projects and refine your process first. Then implement on a larger scale

We manage hundreds of projects across three (3) main business units. ASANA helps us keep our standard "process" for each project front and center. As a management tool, it allow me to manage groups on individual projects and focus on those that need my attention.

Asana review by Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.

"Asana is great for teams - if the team is your main priority."

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Asana is that it keeps all correspondence in one place. It's easy to check what my teammates are saying and have everything that we need to work on something easily accessible. It's much more time-saving than email and is built with a singular goal in mind which means it's much better at achieving that goal than more general applications like email.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the inbox function, I wish it worked more like an email inbox - showing you new correspondence instead of making you click in to the project to read everything that's happening. I also dislike the layout just a bit. For some reason the dark layout and multiple task bars hasn't quite clicked as enjoyable for me yet. I would prefer to land in my inbox - something with a few highlighted notes and then have the option to hop over to my dashboard if I wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is great for working remotely as a team. I only work as part of a team for about 10% of my freelance workload, so the admin of asana can be an extra task, but if your full-time job is working on creative or production tasks as a team this is a great tool.

Asana improves business efficiency by keeping all team players on the same page, cutting down on time sifting through email chains and potentially missing key info.

Asana review by Mercedes M.
Mercedes M.

"The best control for your work projects."

What do you like best?

I like Asana because I can follow my projects interactively, it has very good features to work in collaboration with my team, it allows me to plan tasks with ease, I can also have my calendar with all the activities organized, I can upload files and assign tasks to my colleagues. Working with Asana, I keep my team informed of everything important.

What do you dislike?

For starters, Asana offers you a free version, however, it lacks many features that you can only use if you switch to the Premium version. The cost of this software will also depend on how big your equipment is, however, it is very beneficial to obtain asanas because with this software you can be more productive and take your company to another level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before using Asana, it is important that you know what kind of project you are going to develop, since that way you will know if this software will be able to adapt to what you need.

We have been able to solve many problems with Asana and one of the most important is the communication as we can keep the different departments of the company up to date with the latest activities and tasks to be done, in addition to helping us to maintain order.

Asana review by oscar s.
oscar s.

"Decente"

What do you like best?

Es una aplicación que me permite organizar alguna que otra reunion con los compañeros de ventas, pero claro esta que preferiria otra aplicación, esta me gusto en el sentido de que es mucho mas simple que otras, pero no me parece para nada agradable que la empresa tenga que desembolsar dinero para la organizacion de reuniones internas entre compañeros del mismo departamento.

What do you dislike?

Sobretodo el precio, es demasiado elevado para lo que ofrece, si bajasen el precio, quizas y solo quizas en un futuro contariamos con esta aplicacion en nuestra empresa, para temas internos

Recommendations to others considering the product

El precio es elevado para una aplicación que lo unico que nos permite hacer es organizar reuniones, por lo demas, la intefaz es muy simple, digamos que hasta una persona que no tenga experiencia con computadoras podria llegar a entenderla, pero claro que me gustan mas otras aplicaciones, pero es con la que estamos trabajando ultimamente en la empresa

Ayudo a los nuevos que no tenian ni idea de hacer un planning por ejemplo para las reuniones

Asana review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Functional and understandable for even the least advanced tech person"

What do you like best?

Organized, easy to manage, includes API so automation is possible, supports all of my team in a free capacity not having to pay by user. I also like that there is color coding capability but wish there were more progress bar options.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had task chunks so you can template out timelines. I also wish that it had better budget tracking and version tracking like if it were to integrate with a document management system or something. Something else I don't like is that there's a lot more depth to programs like Jira and with this there requires a fair bit of plugin use and external python automation to have it do what I want it to structurally. All-in-all a great product, just a few nitty gritty preferences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like Wrike but don't need all the over-the-top functionality and if you have team members who aren't as advanced technology-wise as others then you should try it out!

Project management x9000, too many moving parts before and now everything is slowly but surely becoming cohesive.We also had a lot of communication issues with other teams and now have eliminated a lot of those with contingency plans based on the different projects we have set up, as well as different methods to disseminate tasks to each team vs before where there was just a maelstrom of emails and questions and concerns from every which way.

Asana review by Megan K.
Megan K.

"Keeping Projects on Track"

What do you like best?

I've always been a list maker. I enjoy the feeling of being able to cross a task off as soon as it's completed. Asana steps up the task completion fun by providing you with a flying unicorn after a task is completed. Make sure the option is switched on though.

What do you dislike?

Asana is a great project management tool once you get the hang of it. However, if everyone on your team is not using the program, it doesn't work to it's full capability. Also, I wish it was a little more user friendly. It's a little difficult to navigate when you're a beginner just starting out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a Asana workshop with your team and really take the time to learn how to use Asana properly. Make sure everyone feels confident when using the program.

I've become more organized with my everyday tasks and have managed to reach project deadlines with ease using Asana.

Asana review by Natalia D.
Natalia D.

"The software with which you can manage your projects in a very easy way"

What do you like best?

Asana, is a very complete online software with which I can manage and organize my activities, I like it a lot because I can maintain contact with my colleagues and I can continue with the pending tasks, asana has a very good notification system. that alerts when a task is about to expire, its interface is quickly loaded, it also has a very good mobile application.

What do you dislike?

Asana has several versions or packages, the cost is a little higher depending on the number of people your team has, another thing that should be added is a chat, I think it needs more color. And more labels to better identify the tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, I recommend conducting studies on what your project will need and how many members your team is composed of, since that way you will know in a better way if asana is the best option for your team.

In the technology department, the use of asana is very important because it helps us maintain order, in addition to keeping the team up to date with the news and what is pending, which has helped us a lot to be able to do the job faster and meet the delivery deadline.

Asana review by Louis W.
Louis W.

"Love Asana. Very flexible. Feels right for any project."

What do you like best?

I love the new charting / dependency tools. I love the easy to user interface. Everything is very well thought out and intuitive to grasp. The help videos and blogs are fantastic and make this an easy to pick up system.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how subtasks/sub-subtasks get lost for daily workers. For example. The primary task when visiting a project is assigned to a project lead such as finish Services website pages. Now we have sub tasks such as create content and find images. Within those sub tasks we have tens of sub-subtasks. Assigning each image or each page of content to a specific person. When I come to a project, the view presented gives me no indication that I have work to do on the main task. I spend tons of time jacking with searches and filters to find my work. I have hundreds of things assigned to me at any given moment. Sorting my tasks by project results in tons of traversing up the tasks tree to understand the context of the assignment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is a great tool. You get into it what you get out of it. When you scale an organization and/or work on huge projects you need to remember asana doesn't replace project administration. It assists it like a precision tool. You have to have a plan of how to structure and implement the project in Asana prior to the project. Get your team trained early.

Organization. Communication. Status Updates without interrupting work.

Asana review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"Effective project management"

What do you like best?

One of best product for large teams to keep in track. Allocating tasks feature is very useful. File sharing among team members in one of the best features. It's very easy to assign/change tasks in bulk. We have the Pro version and love the functionality of custom fields (although a con is that you only see the latest custom fields created by anyone and there's no controls so it can turn into inconsistencies or duplication of efforts.) Support was good and account manager used an onboarding template to outline our steps to help acclimate us.

What do you dislike?

There are ways to control email notifications within each project (or turn off completely), but in spite of training, I still struggle with that as I set up new projects and getting enough, but not too many, reminders. Subtasks are great to hide granular-level items or breakdown a single task to multiple users, but they're not automatically assigned to the parent project of the task they're created under. Notifications don't include the parent project name and the task isn't always clear when taken out of context.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your team is less than 15 people, free version of Asana would be the best option for you to start. Some paid features will require upgrading. However, my team managed to use free version for almost two years. We upgraded to paid version only when our team grew and we had to add more people to our workspace. Check for Asana user cases posted in their blogs. There are some really good tips there which will ease your work with Asana. Also Asana promotes agile project management and you can create a kanban board for your project if necessary.

Helps to control every task of my team. With ready integrations (namely Slack and Google Docs integrations) Asana makes communication and cooperation between my team members more effective. Asana has also improved performance time and quality of completed tasks.

Asana review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Amazing for task management"

What do you like best?

My favorite Asana feature is when it automatically creates a task when I send it to special email. Many other apps do this, but Asana creates tasks from emails just as I expect it. I’ve tried many of task and project management tools. Asana is so successful for one simple reason – its dashboard looks like an inbox. Most people send and get their task by email and get used to inbox design and structure.

What do you dislike?

Asana can lead to inbox-overload. By default, you are subscribed to updates on any task that you create or follow. Updates include someone marking a task complete, leaving a comment on a task, or adding a file to a task. This means that if your coworker adds a file, makes a comment, then assigns the task back to you, then marks the task complete, you're looking at 4 emails in 10 seconds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps to control every task of my team. With ready integrations (namely Slack and Google Docs integrations) Asana makes communication and cooperation between my team members more effective. Asana has also improved performance time and quality of completed tasks.

Asana review by Tyler G.
Tyler G.

"Asana - the best online project management tool"

What do you like best?

I like the super easy-to-use interface. The Asana software is extremely simple to use and everything is so intuitive, which is super nice. They have tutorials that are optional when you first log into your account that you can go through to learn about all the different things that Asana has to offer. The ability to add your entire team to your project plans is a phenomenal way to get work done together even if you are not in the same place at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I wish that more of the features on Asana were not premium features, and were available with the free version. As a small business with not too many available funds for software such as Asana, it would be nice to have these additional features to use with the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple, yet effective way to do project management, then Asana is definitely the way to go.

Asana provides an excellent way to organize each of our project plans that we are working on at NoMo Diagnostics. We use the collaborative features all the time as some of our employees are located in New York and the rest are in Chicago. The time difference sometimes makes it hard to find a time to meet together, but the collaboration features allow us to all review the project plan on our own time and make our own contributions to the data when needed.

Asana review by Loren C.
Loren C.

"Outstanding replacement for task management."

What do you like best?

The best thing that I like about this software is that one can easily learn how to use this awesome software within very short time. It provides best and easiest ways for tracing projects as well as tasks. Love the notification, alerts and comment options that really keeps us up to date. Nowadays to great extent it is being used by many users for protect management. It provides us the advance timeline features and functions and the ability to monitor members really appreciated. It really has the feature they meets our requirements and make our work more easy to complete. I have accomplished many protects with the help of Asana It has been a satisfying product for our entire team.

What do you dislike?

The one difficulty that I find in this software is that in order to use this software one's internet connection should be strong enough because this software is little bit heavy as compare to others. NO other any kind of problem I have ever faced. fully featured tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is highly recommended to run the business effectively. I would say Asana is the perfect solution for tracking the interests and activities of whole company. Asana fulfills all the essential needs of our team.

I am having wonderful experience with this software. It provides excellent ways of managing and communicating with team members. Best collaborative management tool I have ever used.

Asana review by Daniel A.
Daniel A.

"Keep all your tasks on track with Asana"

What do you like best?

I like using Asana all the time for many reasons. It has a great and convenient calendar to put all your required tasks and monitor them. The user interface and design is very decent and colorful which makes it easy to navigate and see all your tasks. Creating tasks is also so easy and there are many templates available to make life more easier for anyone and help the users to manage their goals. Another great feature in using Asana is assigning tasks to team members and track their work which is very useful

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is missing many features that I hope they will add them soon to be as convenient as the web version

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform for task organization and setting goals

Asana makes working with tasks easier. It saves a lot of time and effort. I definitely recommend it for everyone.

Asana review by Andrea C.
Andrea C.

"Organize yourself productively in all your contexts"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, in less than an hour you can learn to use all its functionalities. It is ideal to have a list of the tasks you do during the week, both in your work and in your daily life. You can create projects in the form of boards to track and create reminders. You can create very detailed checklist templates to copy and paste whenever you need it.

What do you dislike?

The platform is a bit heavy, I tried it with an average internet connection and I had to wait long enough for all the dependencies to load. The rest is an excellent software, I do not regret having it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version is very complete and I think it is more than enough for any type of average user. The premium version includes schedules, custom fields and much more. It's really worth paying for a premium version since its price is very low.

It has the option to be synchronized with Google Calendar and increase its potential use, as well as the synchronization with Gmail to activate it appears a button to send the email to the tasks, so you can turn it into a project, just great.

Asana review by Sharyn B.
Sharyn B.

"Great Way to Keep Track of Tasks"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see my tasks laid out for the week in calendar view.

What do you dislike?

I wish the app had task reminders that pop up the way that google calendar does. There are ways to get around it using other apps but it would be nice if I didn't have to open another account with a different program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want it to connect to your calendar or send notifications, be prepared to start an account with another software company.

The main business problem that I am solving with Asana is staying on task. I have realized that it is a great way for me to stay on task with the many projects that I have throughout the year. It is also a great tool for your team (co-workers) to see what you have on your plate as well so they know when they can make requests of you and when to expect solutions.

Asana review by Carlota A.
Carlota A.

"Manage and organize your team's work."

What do you like best?

With Asana I can trace my projects and tasks in a simple way, be it a marketing campaign or a project launch, Asana allows me to create lists of objectives and tasks so that all their teams are up to date. You can also create activity plans, you have many options to share information of all kinds, whether files or documents.

What do you dislike?

Asana allows you to integrate third-party add-ons, but many of these are usually very expensive, their interface is updated however the first time you use it it will cost a bit of work to understand its functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a tool that can be adapted to any work environment, you can organize everything you want, plus you will be in contact with your team in a very simple way and without using other software.

It helps me a lot to maintain communication with my team, with asana I can achieve my goals quickly and in this way I can meet the deadlines of projects and tasks at work.

Asana review by Rodolfo M.
Rodolfo M.

"Asana as an easy alternative to task management"

What do you like best?

Easy of use, quick to learn.

Asana gives visibility to the pending tasks in a snap.

Helps control the pendings and prioritize the tasks.

The clean user interface.

What do you dislike?

If you don't organize your tasks properly, sometimes it is easy to loose or don't see pending tasks.

The hability for subtasks, although very powerful, can be confusing if the subtaks go too deep.

The editors are not "wisig".

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Decide beforehand the overall structure of project, subprojects, tasks and teams.

2) Don't go too deep using subtasking. Two levels is good, three levels max. No more!

3) The learning curve is short, but if you are migrating from another tool (as was our case, migrating from trello), Asana can be difficult to switch. In our case, people who use trello is much more visual, using "cards" and Asana is more of a list view.

Although we are using the free version, Asana has helped us a lot on:

1) Communication between teams.

2) Transparency on delegation and responsibility.

3) Due dates assignment (or reassignment).

Asana review by Emma M.
Emma M.

"Excellent organizational and team collaboration tool."

What do you like best?

Asana is a advanced tool for managing team work or private projects. What I feel about Asana is, It looks a great companion on the way of project management and it is also a decent replacement of email for task communication and collaboration. It is very easy to use even its basic feature are really interesting they make easy to have access on Asana. I like the way it let us create individual channels even from different teams and allows us to invite each other in respecting group. One more thing that I like I gives us timeline , schedule meetings and reminders all in one platform. Additionally I would say It is a user-friendly tool.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I would like to have on Asana that is the list of past project that has been completed in order to review the description information of project. Asana's dashboard does not provide useful details or important information that could help the user for completing the work quickly.The last thing printing functions need some improvements.

This is the Project management tool which we most use with clients. It shows its importance and gives us much benefits for completing our large and small projects. In simple wording I can say Asana has a big hand in our every project.

Asana review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Excellent general project management solution"

What do you like best?

- Multiple views to see what your most pressing todos are.

- Extremely generous free tier allows you to do a lot with a small team.

- Workspaces allow you to work with multiple accounts and domains in one dashboard.

- Excellent kanban board functionality for todo lists, product roadmaps, and more!

What do you dislike?

- You can't completely delete a Workspace, you can only leave it, even if you're the only member inside that workspace.

- File management could be better to stay organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're trying to run your business as lean as possible, Asana is an excellent project management tool. I've tried Trello, Workflowy, and a vast assortment of other tools, but nothing has worked for me quite like Asana has. I would recommend it as a staple solution in your software toolbox.

We're using Asana to manage our projects and todo lists. This helps us stay accountable to each other as the todo lists are reviewed in our weekly management meetings. We also use it to track projects, delegate tasks, add dependencies, and more. It's a great overall system.

Asana review by Dimitris R.
Dimitris R.

"A must-have project management tool"

What do you like best?

The first thing that I immediately liked on Asana was the look and feel. It is clean and the ability to customize it makes it even more appealing.

The philosophy behind it is straightforward and very easy to understand.

Team and projects are the heart of the system. On each project, there are tasks and subtasks. That allows teams to organize and break down each project into multiple sections.

Features such are templates, tagging and easy assignment as well as timeline offer a great set of tools that help the overall process.

Also, addons like Everhour (time tracking) provide additional functionality to the product.

What do you dislike?

Asana lucks the ability to have a full view of an employee across all projects that he/she is involved. This is something that will be added in the near future though.

Also, I would love to see more options that resemble Jira - like sprints for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is an amazing tool that can be used to track the activities of an entire company to a single place. The toolset is extremely easy to use and add-ons provide even more functionality to the product. We removed all other tools (Podio, Basecamp) from our toolset and now we use Asana internally and externally.

Asana is the single PM tool that we use internally and externally with clients. This way we have a single point of reference for all our communication and project management.

Asana review by Valentina G.
Valentina G.

"Optimizing your time, opimizing you life"

What do you like best?

The best thing for me was that you can use the boards if you want. or change to a list. The software is very easy and friendly. You can assign any task and put it in the calendar. Its pretty cool, because you can download the app and update your board.

What do you dislike?

I can´t think in just one thing that dislike me, but the team of Asana can upgrade the subtasks part. I mean, the thing is that you can`t assign subtasks to nobody, so you have to turn them in tasks, and that is not cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to implement the radical transparency and see the rightful teamwork in your company/project, Asana is the best.

The benefits of this software are the boards, the capacity of assign tasks and that is free.

With the free version, you can handle your agenda and your projects. But, the best tools the paid version have it, like the timeline that is perfect for manage projects with a big crew.

Asana review by Pablo M.
Pablo M.

"Forma tu equipo y organízales"

What do you like best?

El calendario es completamente interactivo, casi que puedes hacer todo desde allí, lo cual es muy bueno para quienes tienen proyectos muy marcados por el tiempo, ya que te crea un time line muy bueno y puedes ir asignando y creando tareas in situ dentro del calendario, luego cada tarea lleva a su muro y demás, lo cual es fabuloso porque puedes empezar en el calendario tu sesión y tener en cuenta todo de manera rápida.

What do you dislike?

No me gusta para nada que fuera del calendario tenga tantísimas opciones en tantos menús, porque te obliga a navegar entre varios menús para encontrar la opción que buscabas, al final acabas yendo siempre al menú por ser la interfaz mejor hecha.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No es difícil de usar, pero recomiendo usar solo el calendario, tienes todo allí al fin y al cabo.

Como organización, debemos organizarnos y Asana es el programa perfecto para ello, por eso lo hemos escogido, usamos en su día Trello, pero deja mucho que desear sobre todo en cuanto al calendario, time line y todo lo relacionado con el tiempo, que para nosotros es vital.

Asana review by Clara C.
Clara C.

"Not friendly"

What do you like best?

I like being able to organize myself and my coworkers in a sigle app with a lot of options. It's a web focused on improving team's productivity and it is obvious from the first minute. I like the care and effort they put to do a complete web application.

What do you dislike?

I don't like th desing and for me I was difficult to get in. Sometimes I though I had too much options to learn about, I've needed a youtube tutorial to understand how all works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to at least try asana. I f you get how it works quickly, it becomes a powerful we application and it's useful to imrpove your productivity. I do not recommend to spend money on asana having other options, I tried it and I think we are going to stop using the paid version.

Team management and task management mainly. Also coworkership, obviously. We benefit from collaboraion and scheduling, so we improved our productivity.

Asana review by Abbie B.
Abbie B.

"Not User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to collaborate with co-workers. Asana makes it easy to collaborate. I like that you can easily see and filter out which tasks you need to accomplish within a specific timeframe. The one thing that I liked the best was the ability to add a recipient to each task. It was helpful for sorting out who was supposed to be doing what task. Tasks were not overlooked because each task had a person or people assigned to it.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the interface is very user friendly. I ultimately did not continue using Asana as it was not as user friendly as I would have liked and it seemed to take too much time to learn than what it is worth. It was useful for the time period we needed it for at the time, but I don't think we will be continuing to use it in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Asana to anyone who needs assistance with team collaboration and time and task management. Asana is helpful to keep work flowing and time sensitive tasks accomplished.

Collaboration. Task Management. Time management. Our team benefited from collaboration, task management and time management tools. We were able to successfully track and complete projects and tasks that would have easily been overlooked and forgotten if we had not used the software. We benefited from Asana to complete a large project. The collaboration tools helped us to keep track of who was supposed to do what.

Asana review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Asana is a great project management tool, especially when working with teams. "

What do you like best?

Recurring tasks and simple task delegation make it easy to manage weekly tasks/projects and stay up to date on who is accomplishing each task and whether it has been completed.

I also love Asana's 'boards' project type. It is a "Trello-like" experience and is great for managing progress on different projects when columns are designated for each step.

What do you dislike?

I find that the "My Tasks" view often requires too much management of its own and can quickly get out of hand when it's not managed. This is a big reason why I say that Asana is great a project management but not the best at managing one individual's tasks/to-do list. The "My Tasks" view feels a bit unnatural and awkward and simply requires too much management of its own.

Due date notifications are not ideal and Asana has set up their application in a way that requires you to "live" in the app in order to stay up to date with your tasks.

Asana's mobile app has been one of it's weakest aspects. However, they have recently released new updates which has gone a long way to improve its usefulness. With that being said, it's still quite underpowered compared to its desktop web application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is great as a project management solution, especially when working with teams. However, it isn't great at being a task manager/to-do list application for managing your own individual tasks.

Asana has given me a streamlined method for managing projects and delegating tasks to other individuals. Viewing the status of a task that has been delegated is simple and I also receive notifications when a task is completed.

Asana review by Kristy K.
Kristy K.

"Asana: Good Project Management and Team Work App"

What do you like best?

Asana is great for small teams. I recently collaborated with another person on a long-term project and used Asana to track action items and progress. You can also have conversations, share files, and track your progress on multiple projects. Action items drag and drop easily so you can rearrange them if something in your project changes.

What do you dislike?

The interface was a little confusing at first. You have to click through different levels of screens to get to where you want to go, and sometimes it can feel like you're in a maze. The general arrangement of information just took me a few days to get used to for some reason. I do wish there was a way to make the whole thing simpler or have less screen hopping.

I'm keeping track of my to-do list, and I'm able to mark off and archive items that I've completed (which I really like). I think it's helped me to see how much progress I'm making. I can also look back at conversations and old documents, which comes in handy when planning for future projects. The ability to tag team members directly and have conversations cuts down on emails, too!

Asana review by Shelby S.
Shelby S.

"Asana needs some UX help"

What do you like best?

I like how Asana uses an outline design format, allowing you to detail projects in a bullet point-like fashion. It makes it easy to see a project at a glance.

What do you dislike?

The interface feels clunky at times to navigate. For example, it would be so much more user friendly if users could resize panels according to their preferred size. But Asana is not truly responsive because it has a minimum width it must be open to in order to see all the content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana does its job well, but for low-level users of the program like me, it doesn't have great adaptability to my preferences that would make me want to use the product more. Rather, I use it because I have to, and put up with its limitations because it's the company's software of choice.

The company uses Asana to outline podcast projects, parts of which are assigned to different people on the team.

Asana review by Sally A.
Sally A.

"Asana for start ups "

What do you like best?

I like that Asana allows me to integrate it into other programs I use for project management, such as monday.com. I also find the app version to be very user friendly compared to other programs I've used. I also like that the website and the app are comparable to each other, they aren't so different that I become confused. Asana came highly recommended to me from HR friends I have however our team was hesitant to use it at first.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a first time use tutorial. I found it hard to navigate at first and found myself getting frustrated. A simple tutorial would be a great touch to get familiar with it. It would be nice if I could create a contact card that allowed me to put my contact into other than just my email address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We hesitated to use Asana at first, I'm not sure why, however after using other programs we realized Asana was actually the better option for our teams needs. I suggest to first try Asana then explore other options because it is likely that you will just stick to it and not feel the need to find something else.

Project management, assigning tasks to team members, being held accountable for the tasks.

Asana review by Jose B.
Jose B.

"Product over average"

What do you like best?

The easiest way to manage team tasks and projects. Asana offers everything you need to be synchronized, meet deadlines and achieve your goals. Easy to use and easy to set up. All the time was happy with the app. Very visual.

What do you dislike?

It has some similar areas which confuses and causes that in the end they are divided into two groups. The price would be another flaw, there are few members per team and then each member costs individually, there are no good offers for large groups unless you contact with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Asana to campanies where people have to work togheter and syncronization is very important. It is easy to use and set up, and visually looks fine, what improves your experience. You won't regret it.

I visualized my work and the work of my collegues. I made my work and the other's work advance through the various stages of the project with speed, ease and excellence.

Asana review by Carl B.
Carl B.

"Asana helps keep everything under control."

What do you like best?

I really like the user interface; you can configure it for your needs. I also like that you can choose the appearance of your Dashboard (tasks in the form of panels or as a list). It is easy to create tasks, organize them and monitor their implementation. You can easily assign a task to any member of your team and Asana itself will monitor the timing of its implementation. I also like the ability to integrate with other services. We use Asana with Slack. In addition, I synchronize my own tasks with my Google Calendar.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to configure all notifications. I have moments when I have hundreds of notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop using only e-mail and begin to monitor your tasks in Asana. The service is quite simple to use. You will be able to organize your work at the highest level.

Asana helped us to organize our team more effectively. Now each of its members knows exactly their tasks and the terms of their implementation. Now there is no situation when we forgot about a promise to our client. We also improved communication within our team.

Asana review by Juan Jose C.
Juan Jose C.

"Buen Programa para gestion de empresas"

What do you like best?

Asana es una web, en la que puedes gestionar facilmente tareas de una empresa. puedes crear facilmente grupos de trabajo e ir añadiendo a empleados. dentro de esos grupos, puedes crear tareas para cada persona o grupos de personas, esas tareas al a vez, puedes devolverlas una vez realizadas o modificadas con etiquetas para asi poder localizar las tareas mas facilmente. Es una herramienta bastante util para dejar por escrito por ejemplo, trabajos realizados en un almacen o empresa con muchos departamentos entre los cuales tiene que haber contacto.

What do you dislike?

Lo que menos me gusta es que dependemos de internet, si se cae, no podemos acceder a nada, deveria tener algo en local, para que si se pierde la conexion, por lo menos poder ver lo que tenias hasta entonces. las busquedas tampoco estan del todo bien hechas, hay mas campos que deverian poner para la busqueda, ya que hay cosas que no puedes buscar facilmente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

es muy recomendable

en la empresa en la que trabajo, hay un antes y un despues desde que tenemos asana.... no ha ido perfecto. Antes habia mucho descontrol en la empresa, ahora con esta web ,podemos pasarnos las tareas, escribir las modificaciones en ellas y pasarnoslas entre los compañeros y asi mismo, pasarlas a los demas departamentos de la empresa. Tambien para mis jefes esta bien, ya que pueden llevar un mayor control sobre las tareas y de los tiempos

Asana review by Dustin K.
Dustin K.

"Use it because there is nothing better...yet. "

What do you like best?

Has the most features than any software in its industry. Has plenty of options, and is easy enough to use.

What do you dislike?

There is a huge bug where if you put to many projects in one group then the tasks within it will stop showing up for people.... randomly. It's an easy fix to create a new group, however there is no warning that the group is too full to accept additional projects, so there might be some time before anyone picks up on this. This has caused my company to miss deadlines in the past and is the main reason as soon as there is an alternative our company will drop Asana like a bad habit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If they fix that issue and there is still not a better alternative..... then yes I guess your stuck with it.

We use it to assign out work and so other teams can see what projects members are working on.

Asana review by Jon G.
Jon G.

"La mejor herramiento de gestion de trabajo gratuita"

What do you like best?

Tiene pocos fallos y suelen actualizar muy de vez en cuando.

La version gratuita es muy completa y sirve para muhos usuarios.

Puedes tener la herramiento en cualquier dispositivo que tenga un navegador.

existe aplicacion para smartphone y para tablet.

sirve para almacenas muchisimos datos, puedes meter millones de documentso, millones de anotaciones, millos des de fotografias.

el historial es infinito, la version de prueba que es gratis la llevamos utilizando desde hace mas de 8 años y nunca nos han avisado de que sea una version limitada.

What do you dislike?

Estan continuamente avisando que existe una version de pago mejorada.

En algunos momentos pierdes la conexion y puedes perder algun trabajo, no existe la mamera de hacer una restauracion.

Parece que en algunos momentos que te va lento por que estas en la version de gratis , es como si cerrasen el grifo para que te pases a la version de pago.

el soporte tecnico tarda en contestas a las preguntas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si, es una herramienta gratuita que se la recomiendo a cualquiera que este interesado en llevar un archivo de tareas, datos y adjuntos ilimitados.

Consigues tener a mucha gente conectada en las tareas que se realizan.

lo mejor de todo es el historial que tiene, puedes usar la herramienta como base de datos de toda la empresa, revisar historiales de hace 8 años sin problemas.

Sirve para anotar cuanlquier dato.

Puedes subir archivos ilimitados con la version de prueba

Asana review by Gerardo H.
Gerardo H.

"A great application for a great team organization."

What do you like best?

We manage our projects, from the beginning of a brainstorm until it is completed, Asana lets us plan everything very effectively, with great communication and extrategias, each tool is better than the previous one, has very good features to save a lot of money. weather.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve requires a good understanding and work some time to make the most of it. I would also like you to have a grantt diagram to improve the experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best option for your company and your employees is Asana, the best collaboration softawre with strategies that adapt to you.

It helps to increase our team performance, we see all the tasks that require our attention in real time, we receive notifications and above all, I love how it synchronizes with other softwares. Asana has given solutions to many problems we had.

Asana review by Spencer C.
Spencer C.

"Excellent Tool For Visualizing Work and Flow"

What do you like best?

Many web-based kanban/AGILE/swim-lane tools and project management tools in general are complex and difficult to learn. When I was presented the task of managaing a complex technical project with a team of 20+ manufacturing managers, team leads, and engineers, I knew I needed a simple tool that was visual, colorful, and inviting. After a lot of searching, I found Asana and I was very pleased. The click and drag UI with simple, clean, and colorful theme made it appealing to users and easy to train on. Even users with very little history with web-tools could go in and see what work was assigned to them and provide updates. This is a tool I will continue to use.

What do you dislike?

There are some features I am not a fan of. For instance, the fact that a task can have only one assignee. However, Asana has an active forum environment and has responded to others with this issue. Their perspective makes sense - at the end of the day, you want ONE person ho can answer for a deliverable. "When everyone owns it, no one owns it." However, this is difficult when trying to structure layered teams.

Also, I was not a fan of the 3rd party integrations available and the lack of Gantt chart support. I ended up using Insta-Gantt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time learning the features, setting up tags and favorites, and browse the forums. This is not only a simple tool to use, but is feature rich.

- Team synergy

- Work assignment tracking

- WBS

- Progress tracking

Better communication, more task/responsibility awareness, simple, short, concise, and more frequent communication intervals through comments on tasks and sub-tasks.

Asana review by Camille Angelica M.
Camille Angelica M.

"ASANA has been very helpful."

What do you like best?

The projects are well organized and ASANA is user friendly. We can easily access the projects added on asana and can easily upload and attach documents as well. Asana is like a one stop shop where everything is really accessible. You don't need to find other platforms as everyhting could be in asana.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike in using ASANA. Since I start using asana, there is no downside of it that I have found. And I have no issues encountered. It has been really a great help. And it has been one foundations of our success with regards to the projects we worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend asana to others. Most especially those people who are working in a group and working on many projects as well. Even though there are many project handlers, you can easily be on track as everything is really organized and it is really user friendly. The comments are also a great help as all the insights of the members or the handlers of the projects are being considered.

Asana has been used as our method of communication in taking over some projects with the clients. And it has been so easy for us because it is organized and easy to use. There are many benefits that I have experienced with asana. It has been a great help on managing projects, even though we have so many projects on going it has been easy because of the user friendly interface asana has.

Asana review by Abraham G.
Abraham G.

"Specially designed to keep track of your tasks"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, economical and very powerful. Each time they update it, expanding new features and integrations. It plans the projects and allows to establish priorities and deadlines, it also has an excellent follow-up control and allows to know how the work progresses and guides everything to the same objectives.

What do you dislike?

You need custom calendars that can be linked to specific tasks. It lacks Gantt diagrams to be able to diagram the activities and be easy to understand among the collaborators. It has a great learning curve and therefore it is possible to get lost among the large number of features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a very simple and efficient user interface that facilitates the visualization of all jobs in one place.

It is a powerful project management software based on the web and it is a huge advantage since we can access the progress of our projects from any device. In a company it is of vital importance and Asana is perfect. It allows configuring project managers and these in turn can create users as required. It is simply excellent.

Asana review by Natalie D.
Natalie D.

"Awesome task management tool"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to create task lists for different projects and set clear due dates that are easy to keep track of.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no option to set photo covers for tasks and that I cannot assign a task to more than one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Asana to any one who is working on a project in which organization and due dates are important. It is even great for personal use because it will help you keep track of what needs to get done and which items are a priority. You can leave notes in each task so that you don't forget a thing.

Before Asana, delegating tasks to my team was a difficult mission and often times people would have to jot down projects and other things I ask them to do. Now, I can just create tasks and assign them to the necessary person and when they are complete, they just assign the task back to me and I can be notified and take a look. It is super beneficial that I can organize everything that needs to get done into separate project tabs and then create sub groups of smaller tasks that need to be done within that project. It is very convenient.

Asana review by Kunal P.
Kunal P.

"A great tool to manage your projects and team organized "

What do you like best?

In general, I like the design and shading plan. I incline toward Asana to a portion of alternate choices out there. I suggest beginning with the free form it's an awesome method to get comfortable with everything and you may discover it suits your necessities fine and dandy.

Asana has huge amounts of highlights and can truly encourage you and your group remains on track. I like the undertaking Timeline highlight which makes a fantastic perspective of the assignments and colleagues chipping away at them. Making and doling out new errands is a breeze. You can likewise rapidly advise which colleague should do what. Relegating a due date will likewise send programmed suggestions to the colleague included. There are likewise various view modes to accommodate your organization's particular needs.

What do you dislike?

Something that I don't care for is that toward the starting it isn't so natural to utilize. This office is taken with involvement, however, once you know how to utilize it is super simple. Something else that I don't care for is the way that the email you get about the advancement of the assignments has almost no data about the errand. I figure I ought to have the name of the task and the dates set for it at any rate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Asana is an incredible instrument regardless of whether simply utilized at a fundamental level. Anyway there is a considerable measure of included advantage from investing energy adapting all the extra highlights that can be utilized and transform it into a great undertaking administration instrument, for example, assignment conditions, repeating errands, sharing errands between various activities and so forth.

Association of task courses of events and individuals' daily agendas. We likewise acquaint greater customers with asana to work with us in the product and they adore it. They have the capacity to be associated with the task and see improvement as we take a shot at it. It reduces email and ensures that tasks are not becoming lost despite a general sense of vigilance. It is additionally, specialized apparatus for administration in the organization to keep progressing private notes and help ourselves to remember essential things on a month to month/week by week premise if necessary.

Asana review by Katherine A.
Katherine A.

"It is a great software for project management"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and its interface is friendly and beautiful. You have the ability to organize task for separated projects and assign them to anyone with a due date. It is great for making project management and follow up and keeping all the project documentation in one place.

What do you dislike?

Progress reports could be better and show more detailed information that finished task and unfinished. I wish they would improve the mobile APP to be as friendly as the PC version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you to give it a try, you could use it at work for keeping your work organized or for doing to do list for your personal projects.

We use Asana to keep all of our Development Sprints in order, making all the activities follow up and all our team is connected and in the same page. Also it has help us documenting all the new customers requirements.

Asana review by Mariana B.
Mariana B.

"The new platform to organize your projects and tasks"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent tool that will allow you to organize your work, allows you to have work teams, with which you can share documents, can have conversations, have a list of tasks and see the process of them in a very simple way, its interface is very attractive and very easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

It has a free version that is very limited, and another thing that I do not like is that it can not prioritize tasks and, since it is an online software, sometimes the Internet connection can affect the speed with which it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent software for collaboration in the team, it is ideal for people who are far away and do not have time to be in an office.

I can organize my team very easily, avoiding meetings, we can be more productive when we do the tasks or activities.

Learn more about Asana

Asana Videos

Learning about Asana?

* We monitor all Asana reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(3,361 reviews)