Ascentis

Ascentis delivers on-demand (SaaS) human capital management solutions that reduce costs while increasing productivity.

Work for Ascentis?

Learning about Ascentis?

Ascentis Reviews

Showing 24 Ascentis reviews
Ascentis review by <span>Haley L.</span>
Haley L.

"It's typically simple to use, but I don't consider it a vital tool in my work life. "

What do you like best?

I like the home screen dashboard because it is a quick snapshot of a lot of information that is usually something that you need to look up really quick. For example, I like being able to quickly reference what days we observe holidays without having to do an extensive search. It also has our values, mission, and vision which is uplifting to see displayed at the forefront. The TinyPulse feed is neat, too.

What do you dislike?

It's a little cluttered looking on the dashboard. I don't love the evaluation process that is built into it, but perhaps that is because we may not utilize it to it's fullest extent. The area where you can view your paystub/earnings isn't the greatest, I feel like I have to click a lot of different places to get the information that I need.

It houses everything in one place from a timecard, pay stubs, W2 information, evaluations, company information. This is convenient as there are already so many places and passwords/usernames to keep up with, and this keeps all this information under one.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ascentis
Ascentis review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"The opposite of User Friendly"

What do you like best?

It's like they captured everything and anything you'd want to do with an HR management software, and then made it hard to find. Lots of out of the box content is useful but impossible to separate from custom company stuff.

What do you dislike?

It's web based, slow, and EXTREMELY not user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please please please consider who your users are and who is going to internally support Ascentis before rolling out an implementation. If your HR/Talent Management staff are not ready to make Ascentis support their part time job, then this is not the piece of software for you.

We are capturing all of our training, onboarding, workforce management, and performance in Ascentis. At this point we are a year in to our implementation and have NOT realized any benefits. It takes more time to find and perform these tasks in Ascentis than it did before... they're just all in one system now.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Ascentis review by <span>Grace M.</span>
Grace M.

"Ascentis: does what you need, lousy UI"

What do you like best?

Ascentis allows easy access to my paycheck stub, benefits info, and performance info all in one place.

What do you dislike?

The Ascentis UI is horrible. It is ugly and hard to navigate and looks like it hasn't been updated in decades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ascentis seems no better or worse than any other similar system I've used as an employee. I am pretty neutral on it. It's ugly to use, but it does what needs to be done.

The business problems are employee paycheck management, benefits, etc. The benefits are to handle these things in one spot.

Ascentis review by User in Recreational Facilities and Services
User in Recreational Facilities and Services

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I really like being able to see my paychecks before I actually received them, it helps me budget my life, especially in a commission based environment!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it opens in additional window when I go to clock in, if I pushed the time keeper option it will open a whole new window, adding to the clutter on my desk top. Obviously this is not a huge issue.

Also it feels very spread out, different tabs will have only one or two things on them. Not sure of that is an ascentis issue or the employer

Mainl6 use for clicking in and put and viewing checks

Ascentis review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Aged, non-intuitive, archaic, and broken system"

What do you like best?

The self service portal is somewhat user-friendly and has an interface that's adaptable for today's world.

What do you dislike?

The system - I've never used a worse tool for personnel management. This systems is incredibly difficult to learn because it makes very little sense to the typical HR professional and the user interface looks like it's from the 70's which makes it horribly unattractive for employees. There are continually errors and issues that have to be reported to their support team, including down servers leaving the entire system inaccessible!

The customer support - When I can actually get through to someone from support, they're very unhelpful. The feeling I get is that they don't understand how to navigate the system themselves so they can't explain it to me. They're also extremely defensive and don't care about resolving the actual issue, just getting you off the phone.

The dedicated support - I've had a few dedicated implementation specialists that conduct training on the various different modules and they clearly aren't in touch with corporate HQ. They mislead you, are defensive, and act as if they know more about HR than an HR person!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's too expensive for such a difficult-to-work-with tool. Your employees and management team will hate it! So will your HR team!

This is an expensive electronic file cabinet. I can't wait to transition away from this "tool."

Ascentis review by <span>Jennifer H.</span>
Jennifer H.

"An okay product"

What do you like best?

Navigation through Ascentis is fairly easy.

What do you dislike?

Everything seems scattered brained. Sometimes the tabs don't make sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would considering using a different tool for evaluations. Training/evaluations are hard to navigate.

It's a good place fore general information but it's not easy to just search the website for what you are looking for.

Ascentis review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Ascentis Review"

What do you like best?

It is pretty simple to use, straight forward to find information and you can use it for a variety of different functions.

What do you dislike?

It is not an integrative system and seems to be outdated compared to ADP or Workday. The report wizard is not complex and cannot customize as much as you should be able to. The report also cannot be pulled into an excel or PDF format. You also cannot link compensation to certain pay grades so manually entry is a must so it makes it hard for a mid sized government contractor

the main function was to keep track of employees, their compensation and benefits. We have switched to ADP this year and for the most part, we do not use Ascentis

Ascentis review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Dynamic Platform, Poor Follow Thru"

What do you like best?

Ascentis organizes our training well and is easy to track. PTO requests are very clear and calculated in a user friendly way. I really like the annual evaluation wizard as well!

What do you dislike?

We’ve had a lot of bugs that we have been told cannot be fixed. Annual evaluation notifications went out multiple times well after the evaluations were complete. Completed training still shows up as “in progress”. Goal tracking is not very user friendly and is hard to sort thru.

Training documentation, benefits selections, and team management.

Ascentis review by <span>Megan C.</span>
Megan C.

"Nice overall"

What do you like best?

I like that it houses multiple items in one area.

What do you dislike?

I dont care for the structure of the reviews.

Not so much problems, just good to be able to review past reviews. I like the easy way to request PTO.

Ascentis review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"It is a basic tool that handles HR"

What do you like best?

It is fairly quick to learn, use and operate on a daily basis. Quick to train others and support team is there to help in any situation.

What do you dislike?

The product is a bit inflexible, very limited integration capabilities and need to get someone in support that ends up learning your system and operations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out but make sure to thoroughly vet the functions and integrations that are important to your operations.

We handle all of our HR functions in Ascentis and found it to be adequate for the last 10 years. It does a suitable job for us to manage 1200 employees.

Ascentis review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy and organized"

What do you like best?

Easy functionality and navigation. All of the information I need is in one place and I can easily navigate through the pages to find my information.

What do you dislike?

I HAVE not found anything in particular I dislike.

ALL your benefits and personal information regarding you pay, vacation, etc. is in one place and easy to update.

Ascentis review by User

"Ascentis Review"

What do you like best?

All of my documents are in the same place which makes it easy to navigate PTO, clocking in and out of my timesheet, and reviewing my benefits.

What do you dislike?

The UX is not as interactive as it could be. I would benefit from a system that is easier to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform is generally easy to use but I have had some issues with the time card interface. They had to go in on the back end to allow me to edit.

We are creating a space for all employee documents and paperwork to live.

Ascentis review by User

"Ascentis for employees"

What do you like best?

Ability to view pay stubs, benefits, company directory, etc.

What do you dislike?

User interface seems a little outdated, and the time clock is slow and often times doesn't work.

No major problems to note, but the benefit of having all my personal employee information in one spot is very valuable to me.

Ascentis review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Tool, Needs New Design"

What do you like best?

How the site is organized. The different purposes that we use it for are easily accessible. It's a clean layout.

What do you dislike?

The new updated timesheet design is terrible. The zoomed in and sections are not as user friendly as the prior design. I always revert it back.

Timecard, HR, Developement

Ascentis review by Consultant

"Ascentis- a review from a recruiters perspective"

What do you like best?

I love to back office set up. It is very easy to navigate, search and locate all of the information that you input into the system.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have with ascentis is sometimes the screen freezes and the program will log me out.

Ascentis provides my company with an interface that allows us to store and share pertinent information. All of our candidates/clients are stored in this database and are easily accessible.

Ascentis review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Ascentis Review"

What do you like best?

I am able to sign and keep track of all of my documents in one accessible place.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't very user friendly. The flow is not as intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Personalize when possible.

HR operations, compensation

Ascentis review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"We use it for work, and it's fine."

What do you like best?

Provides an easy dashboard view of information, and easy to submit PTO requests.

What do you dislike?

The self-evaluation process is not very good.

Problems solved - PTO

Benefits realized - I can see all the holidays easily

Ascentis review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Ascentis Review"

What do you like best?

It is nice to have so many resources and functionalities in one place.

What do you dislike?

I've had a lot of issues with the time card functionality not loading properly.

Logging PTO, keeping track and signing of documents.

"Consultant"

What do you like best?

Site's navigation is pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It's not dynamically interesting and doesn't allow on a clear view for the end-user to see personal evaluations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your needs.

Managing time off, performance evaluations.

Ascentis review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"User friendly, All in one"

What do you like best?

Pay documents , expense records, time off

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that ISO notlike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! At first it may appear intimidating, but once you get in there, it's not so bad, and it's actually friendly.

Instead of having separate platforms to enter payroll, time off, working hours, and mileage, Ascentis allows employees to do it with navigating to one spot.

"Ascentis"

What do you like best?

The updated features on the timecard makes the interface a lot more user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The entire section on the self evaluation.

None

Ascentis review by <span>Deborah K.</span>
Deborah K.

"One stop spot!"

What do you like best?

Able to keep track of hours and benefits without having to wait on HR.

What do you dislike?

If any issues arise HR has to look into the system and verify information

Time keeping, great place to see punches at one time.

Ascentis review by Administrator

"Not up to our standards..."

What do you like best?

Competency structure is good for initial use.

What do you dislike?

The platform is use-able. The problem is, I don't think the support staff know how it works. Support has suffered over the past few years and makes the product s brik at times. Until they apply more focus here, avoid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

dont.

company objectives

Ascentis review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Ascentis has potential, but still has a bit to go"

What do you like best?

Ascentis is a system that has multiple features which include HR, recruiting, payroll, and timekeeping. We currently use all of these systems which make it easy for the information to flow. The reporting feature is easy to navigate and through and allows me to bring up very detailed reports on items that are needed on a daily basis.

When there are features that are not included, we can add custom fields that meet our company's needs. Ascentis is continously improving and creating new items that is making it a user friendly system.

The employee selfservice has improved where it's easy to navigate and allows you to add items we as a company believe is beneficial to employees such as, paycheck simulators, adding direct deposit and current job openings. Their widget system is one of the reason for this "one stop shop" location.

What do you dislike?

While the system is improving, it still falls short compared to other HRIS systems. the reporting system is limited on certain items we need and we have to constantly make custom reports and filter/add items in order to bring up what we need. it also tends to become corrupt or error out creating information to either not show up or information that does not exist to show up under an employee.

The customer service, while friendly, needs more training in their system. Many times, they cannot explain how to run reports or where to locate certain items.

The Ascentis HRIS system looks very retro. Blocky. it tends to remind you of Windows 97 instead something smooth and modern.

Ascentis Manager section is not user friendly and difficult to navigate through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that Ascentis fits the needs of your company; from the smallest of tasks to the largest of duties. connect with companies who currently have it to see if they're satisfied. Ascentis best works if you have multiple features on it, ex: HR, payroll, etc. if you only need it for one particular item, it might be best to continue searching.

One of the biggest problems we're solving is a way to have announcements in a place employees can have easy access to. with the AScentis self-service widgets, we know employees have to log on in order to enter their time.

Another problem we're solving is becoming more automated in terms of benefits. we're having employees do their benefits online instead of using hard copies. this has made it easier for us to approve and keep track of everything.

We are currently looking at how the recruitment portion can be expanded further for our company

Learning about Ascentis?

* We monitor all Ascentis reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.