Ascentis

Ascentis delivers on-demand (SaaS) human capital management solutions that reduce costs while increasing productivity.

Work for Ascentis?
Kronosworkforceready review  2x

Learning about Ascentis?

Ascentis Reviews

Showing 22 Ascentis reviews
Ascentis review by <span>Haley L.</span>
Haley L.
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

It's typically simple to use, but I don't consider it a vital tool in my work life.

What do you like best?

I like the home screen dashboard because it is a quick snapshot of a lot of information that is usually something that you need to look up really quick. For example, I like being able to quickly reference what days we observe holidays without having to do an extensive search. It also has our values, mission, and vision which is uplifting to see displayed at the forefront. The TinyPulse feed is neat, too.

What do you dislike?

It's a little cluttered looking on the dashboard. I don't love the evaluation process that is built into it, but perhaps that is because we may not utilize it to it's fullest extent. The area where you can view your paystub/earnings isn't the greatest, I feel like I have to click a lot of different places to get the information that I need.

It houses everything in one place from a timecard, pay stubs, W2 information, evaluations, company information. This is convenient as there are already so many places and passwords/usernames to keep up with, and this keeps all this information under one.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ascentis
Ascentis review by <span>Grace M.</span>
Grace M.

Ascentis: does what you need, lousy UI

What do you like best?

Ascentis allows easy access to my paycheck stub, benefits info, and performance info all in one place.

What do you dislike?

The Ascentis UI is horrible. It is ugly and hard to navigate and looks like it hasn't been updated in decades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ascentis seems no better or worse than any other similar system I've used as an employee. I am pretty neutral on it. It's ugly to use, but it does what needs to be done.

The business problems are employee paycheck management, benefits, etc. The benefits are to handle these things in one spot.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Ascentis review by Administrator in Computer Software

Aged, non-intuitive, archaic, and broken system

What do you like best?

The self service portal is somewhat user-friendly and has an interface that's adaptable for today's world.

What do you dislike?

The system - I've never used a worse tool for personnel management. This systems is incredibly difficult to learn because it makes very little sense to the typical HR professional and the user interface looks like it's from the 70's which makes it horribly unattractive for employees. There are continually errors and issues that have to be reported to their support team, including down servers leaving the entire system inaccessible!

The customer support - When I can actually get through to someone from support, they're very unhelpful. The feeling I get is that they don't understand how to navigate the system themselves so they can't explain it to me. They're also extremely defensive and don't care about resolving the actual issue, just getting you off the phone.

The dedicated support - I've had a few dedicated implementation specialists that conduct training on the various different modules and they clearly aren't in touch with corporate HQ. They mislead you, are defensive, and act as if they know more about HR than an HR person!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's too expensive for such a difficult-to-work-with tool. Your employees and management team will hate it! So will your HR team!

This is an expensive electronic file cabinet. I can't wait to transition away from this "tool."

Ascentis review by <span>Jennifer H.</span>
Jennifer H.
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

An okay product

What do you like best?

Navigation through Ascentis is fairly easy.

What do you dislike?

Everything seems scattered brained. Sometimes the tabs don't make sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would considering using a different tool for evaluations. Training/evaluations are hard to navigate.

It's a good place fore general information but it's not easy to just search the website for what you are looking for.

Ascentis review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

Ascentis Review

What do you like best?

It is pretty simple to use, straight forward to find information and you can use it for a variety of different functions.

What do you dislike?

It is not an integrative system and seems to be outdated compared to ADP or Workday. The report wizard is not complex and cannot customize as much as you should be able to. The report also cannot be pulled into an excel or PDF format. You also cannot link compensation to certain pay grades so manually entry is a must so it makes it hard for a mid sized government contractor

the main function was to keep track of employees, their compensation and benefits. We have switched to ADP this year and for the most part, we do not use Ascentis

Ascentis review by User in Hospital & Health Care

Dynamic Platform, Poor Follow Thru

What do you like best?

Ascentis organizes our training well and is easy to track. PTO requests are very clear and calculated in a user friendly way. I really like the annual evaluation wizard as well!

What do you dislike?

We’ve had a lot of bugs that we have been told cannot be fixed. Annual evaluation notifications went out multiple times well after the evaluations were complete. Completed training still shows up as “in progress”. Goal tracking is not very user friendly and is hard to sort thru.

Training documentation, benefits selections, and team management.

Learning about Ascentis?

* We monitor all Ascentis reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.