Asigra Cloud Backup

Asigra Cloud Backup™ is an enterprise-class backup and recovery software solution that provides a single, integrated approach to data protection.

Work for Asigra Cloud Backup?
Code42 likely to recommend 2x.png

Steve P.

Asigra Backup

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

This is the best backup solution I have used. Very easy to setup and very user friendly. I have administered other backup solutions like comvault, and symantec. This is by far the easiest and best solution for a Managed service provider. The ability to not have an agent on every server that needs to be backed up is great. No extra overhead on the servers. The tech support is outstanding as well.

What do you dislike?

I think the event log needs some work. The error's that show up in the log sometimes don't make a lot of sense. It takes a while to determine what the actual failure is.

The backups don't work well over small network pipes. We have many customers that we support that don't have a high bandwidth circuit so the backups could run for days for a large amount of data. And then after running for so long, the end up failing anyway.

Over the years we have upgraded our system a few times and need to keep our customers data while moving into new hardware, Asigra does this and does it well. We are currently upgrading hardware and looking at new major version soon and this overall due to the last few years of upgrades going so well this is not a "scary" process.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Asigra Cloud Backup
Asigra review by <span>David F.</span>
David F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Provides a single data protection interface for physical servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, and cloud applications. Customers have granular control over all aspects of backup sets, including retention, filtering, and scheduling.

What do you dislike?

The interface is outdated, which throws off first time users. Once they get past the initial look, however, the functionality is there. Once the GUI refresh is completed the initial introduction to the software will be easier. Reporting is also difficult, as there's not a lot of built in reporting capability. You do have access to lots of data that can be fed into reporting tools, however. The GUI refresh and additional reporting would earn it that last star.

Asigra fills a critical gap in business continuity and disaster recovery planning, preventing costly downtime through robust backup configuration options including onsite appliances for rapid restore and virtual disaster recovery for VMs.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Backup solution do you use?

Asigra review by <span>Richard D.</span>
Richard D.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

They allow MSP to backup customer data and the price is cheaper than some competitors.

What do you dislike?

We offer this as a MSP solution, however we have to have 6 servers in house and one has to be physical the license server. Then we also have to have a server at each customer address and then the agent on each system being backed up. The systems at our site are mostly all Linux, and the interfaces are not user friendly. Finally, their support is not good at all. If you do not pay an extra 1400 dollars for one time remote access incident support or 400 for a phone call then you are stuck with logging into the web portal and jumping through 100 hoops to create a case only to have to wait up to 24 hours to get a vague email response. Also I cant even find their knowledge base, and downloads are also not available from their site. This is the worst support experience I have had in 22 years in the business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally would not recommend this solution and we are looking for alternatives. however this solution is a lot less expensive than the larger solutions by companies like HP but you get what you pay for.

We are a MSP we use this product to backup customers data.

Asigra review by <span>Martyn R.</span>
Martyn R.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

This is easy, one solution / window to control all of your backup & recovery requirements. Not only that I am resting comfortably now knowing that I have added significant value to my business as well as others to lower risk and improve security and compliance concerns.

Our business has now migrated to Microsoft Office 365 and we have taken advantage of Asigra's ability to ensure our data is recoverable should the need arise.

With the risks associated with the number of mobile phones & tablets now in our business it is nice to know the software also supports the backup up of these devices and enables remote wiping if necessary.

Lastly I should mention cost. We were looking for an Op Ex solution that scales with our business. Asigra not only offers this but also helps keep our costs down by scaling our recovery costs based on what we actually recover. So for the last 6 months my recovery costs have been £0.00.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly not too much to say on this topic. As a business we are more than happy with the move to Asigra's Backup & Recovery Solution .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be put off by the Enterprise badge, this product is scalable form a one man builder with a laptop to a multi national with several data centres.

This has all been about removing my anxiety around the growing amount of Data our business is producing and the risk s associated with maintaining the availability. I can now go on holiday knowing that if I get a call telling me we have a system problem I will not have to break out in a sweat and start hunting for flights home and of course announcing the news to my wife.

Asigra review by <span>Johnathan T.</span>
Johnathan T.

Complete cloud backup solution

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The software has exceptional logging and fine-grained detail into what's happening at any given moment. IP addresses, software version numbers, machine hostnames, dates, times and pretty much any other detail you can think of is logged in the software. This greatly assists in troubleshooting efforts across the board.

What do you dislike?

The ds-client service sometimes randomly stops on customer's servers. We have used task scheduler as a workaround to restart this service a few minutes prior to backup jobs, but we would still like to find out why the service randomly dies. Nothing informative is in the system event logs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed! Pay close attention during training, read over the booklets, and do your best to educate your co-workers on the software. The tools you need to back up just about anything are right there in front of you! We are using roughly 15% of the features available in the software and have created a full-fledged service for our customers. The backup software has brought peace of mind to many of our customers. There is still a lot for us to learn, but we can tell the product is headed in the right direction. Updates are very frequent, we receive e-mails every few days about new patches being released.

Many clients are looking for a one-stop shop for backup and disaster recovery solutions. Asigra has provided that. It has allowed us to branch out into multiple services other than just plain old backup.

Asigra review by <span>Grey P.</span>
Grey P.

Asigra

Validated Review
What do you like best?

excellent as it is a software platform recovery backup enterprise level and produced and marketed by Asigra Inc. is an agnostic solution of hardware and software that enables support of a wide variety of devices , operating platforms , enterprise applications and hypervisors. The software is not Asigra agent and does not require a software agent to be installed on each of the machines or platforms must be supported

What do you dislike?

all excellent , nothing disgusts me this app

Recommendations to others considering the product

100 % recommended for all those seeking to improve efficiency and speed in a app.asi like having secured your database

many benefits and many problems solved , because with this app I was able to recover much info of my lost data base .

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Asigra Cloud Backup?

* We monitor all Asigra Cloud Backup reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.