Aspen SIS

Aspen (SIS) combines multiple databases to track class schedules, school events, student performance, athletic eligibility, and individual health records.

Work for Aspen SIS?
Gradelink vs powerschool 2x

Learning about Aspen SIS?

Aspen SIS Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 18 Aspen SIS reviews
Aspen SIS review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

Easy to track student information amongst a large school.

What do you like best?

The live student and parent viewing portal so that everyone is up to speed on student performance

What do you dislike?

Inputing data on a smaller device like a tablet or a chromebook is challenging since little of the screen is viewable; the slider bars don’t always show. Also, the program does not interact with our other major student management program: Schoology. If the gradebooks between the two were linked,

I’d be much more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple student management systems, check compatibility first.

The biggest problem we have solved is transparency on student performance for students and parents. Previously, most conversations with teachers were “what’s my grade?” Now, however, the conversation is “how can I improve or learn something new?” The other major problem is access to various programs. Aspen has solved this since my administrators are able to imbed links to other programs we use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Aspen SIS
Aspen SIS review by <span>Brian M.</span>
Brian M.

Aspen SIS: Total District Solution

What do you like best?

ability to customize modules to meet needs of OUR district . Very flexible and adaptable.

Constantly adding functionality to make the lives of my 1000 daily user easier and better.

Have been customer for over 12 years and in fact am one of the original users from the opening of the X2-Aspen SIS. The Aspen team welcomes user feedback and they are constant updating and adding tools to solve the needs of a district that can then be used in different ways.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see a better module to share ideas and functionality between different districts. We have something now......but there can be a fresh approach to this.

Good things is if it makes sense, Aspen usually finds a way of getting stuff into new releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a daily user for over 12 years, Aspen has yet to make me even consider a need to switch. The product and whole support team is the total package.

The ability to customize and pull out data sets them apart from others

Have leveraged the base system functionality to eliminate many time and paper wasting processes

Online student, conduct, PD registration, Compliance , State Reporting, Parent and Student engagement, Communications with other systems

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Aspen SIS review by <span>Anthony H.</span>
Anthony H.

Aspen

What do you like best?

There is not a lot that I like about the Aspen SIS. The ability to export csv files is convenient, I think that's about it.

It could be possible that I do not have a deep understanding of the system, because I don't have access to many of the features that are listed on the following page.

What do you dislike?

The interface feels very outdated. Nothing seems to be integrated. Almost every interaction feels complex and unintuitive.

I'm assuming that expanding the to have the features on the next page is expensive because my school has chosen not to do so.

No iOS app and the mobile version of the website is very difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find something that is more user friendly and integrates in a more seamless manner.

Keeping attendance and grades.

Aspen SIS review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

I use it every day for attendance and grading

What do you like best?

I love that you do not have to mark students present, you only have to mark them absent. I also like to keep up with grades and I can enter them anytime. The SIS we used to use could only take grades at the end of the marking period.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system does not work and we have to send a note to the office, this is very rare. With grading, it is not easy to give all students the same grade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations would be to go to trainings on Aspen so that you can learn all the features. It is difficult to learn all of the features on your own.

We are solving the technology issues that we have had at our school. The office can now see attendance after teachers enter it. Teachers can now enter grades at any time instead of keeping a paper grade book.

Aspen SIS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

Aspen/X2

What do you like best?

The best part of aspen is the ability to filter lists of students in the global view

What do you dislike?

I dislike that aspen does not have a robust information flow system for 1-to-1 schools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aspen is really only a SIS, it is not a SLP - nor is it moving in that direction.

Aspen works for pushing grades out to students, but it does not integrate with other products well which is extremely limiting.

Aspen SIS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

Aspen is a good tool for teachers and parents.

What do you like best?

What is great about Aspen is that all your grades are in one place and parents can access their son/daughter's progress at a regular basis. Individual student schedules can be accessed as well as personal information on every student. Allergies have a symbol that appears near the affected student's name.

What do you dislike?

Aspen doesn't always calculate grades properly. There can be a discrepancy between online computations and those done with a calculator. Furthermore, many parents in my school often have much difficulty accessing the site and they become very frustrated. When looking to print quarter grades for students, the teacher has to make sure that he/she selects only the quarter that he/she wants since the default is always quarter 1.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to use this product, a representative from the company has to be available to give extensive training on the program. It would be best to have that training a few weeks in to the school year when a teacher has grades that can be entered. After over three years, I still have to contact our program administrator to try to help me fix glitches that arise.

Online grading is essential for teacher and parent monitoring of student grades. It leads to more transparency and if a student is showing many zeroes due to absence or work not done, both teacher and parent can be aware and help the student to rectify the situation. Attendance is also monitored and gives the district a picture of each school and its rate of absenteeism on a daily basis.

Learning about Aspen SIS?

* We monitor all Aspen SIS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.