Astea FieldCentrix

Astea offers field service software solutions that unlock new levels of efficiency. Our field service management solutions enable companies to link their field to the front office.

Work for Astea FieldCentrix?

Learning about Astea?

Astea FieldCentrix Reviews

Ask Astea a Question
Showing 12 Astea reviews
Astea review by <span>Akshat G.</span>
Akshat G.

"Okay-ish Service management tool"

What do you like best?

Astea is an easy product to use, in addition it helps us keep track of our customers service schedules and available engineers. It syncs with outlook too. The reporting device helped us maintain our services and products, and manage user service ticketing. This was the sole thing that i liked about Astea.

What do you dislike?

Some of the terms used in the software are not self explanatory and are tough to understand. Typically, the notifications produced by the tool don't have specific subject lines. Also, users must be online to be able to enter timesheet information. It also becomes very slow sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i might not recommend it currently. I don't feel that Astea can scale up to large companies. Needs to allow permission at support level so that the program can be used more efficiently. Do a due diligence of other available products before making a decision such software.

Engineers use the device to log their time and provide a record of the job they have carried out onsite at our client's. Helps in project control and the services we supply for them. It enables proper accounting and transparency among all stakeholders.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Astea FieldCentrix
Astea review by <span>Sandy J.</span>
Sandy J.

"Inside Sales Representative"

What do you like best?

The reporting mechanism helps us maintain and manage our managed services hours and products, break fix services team, and end user device service tickets. It also helps us to manage our erate projects and the services we provide for such. Our engineers use the tool to track their time and provide an accounting of what they have done onsite at our customers. This allows an accounting and transparency for all parties.

I am a fan of the reporting!

What do you dislike?

The largest issue I have with Astea is how our block hours are managed with the tool. It is my understanding that the notifications the tool sends out are not account specific in the subject line. When an account reaches a 10 hour balance a notification is triggered to the whole company. This means I have to open hundreds and hundreds of email to determine which accounts are mine. If I were queen I would design the application to allow the notification to trigger to a specific person rather than a group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I believe that the tool has and offers great value to a services organization. The support offers user the opportunity to provide use feedback and offer situational proposal to change.

I am a fan of the reporting!

This pretty much the same answer to question 1.

What Field Service Management solution do you use?

Astea review by <span>Renee S.</span>
Renee S.

"Astea - great program, when fully deployed"

What do you like best?

i like how we can generate reports on service tickets to find out the number of hours we have left or see what has been done for a particular project or service request. This program has been most helpful when we are servicing client end user devices and the same serial number is returned to our services department for multiple problems. We are able to view what work we have completed in the past on the units so that we know how to approach the client in regards to the devices needing more repairs or a replacement.

What do you dislike?

At my level within the company, i don't like that it doesn't incorporate well into CRM so that we can track things better when we are running out of time on service blocks. This may be a function that would need different permissions, and i am set at a lower permission level than most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Roll out completely to the entire company and allow permission at the support level so that the program can be better utilized across the board.

Astea helps us keep track of the various projects for all of our clients across 5 states in regards to services, E-Rate projects and Managed Services. By using Astea, we are able to have great reporting capabilities that we can utilize to communicate back to our clients the work being performed on a particular project.

Astea review by <span>Robert P.</span>
Robert P.

"Astea user"

What do you like best?

All of the information is on the main screen when I log in. I can quickly find the ticket I need to work on with little problem.

The other thing I like is that I can use it from a variety of platforms, my laptop, desktop or iPad.

I use Astea for work tickets from clients and then schedule myself via Outlook. It works pretty well

What do you dislike?

Difficult to navigate. The interface is not very intuitive. The process to open, modify and close tickets / cases does not seem to follow the same flow.

When I close a ticket, all I need is how long it took, when it was done and any additional comments. Astea might have those functions but it is hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thorough user training with plenty of illustrated examples and hands-on exercises so that the users know how to handle the various scenarios.

Working with IT clients.

It helps keeping things scheduled and being able to hand off completed jobs / tickets to accounting so the clients can get billed.

Astea review by User in Information Technology and Services

"I am an employee user that uses Report Center and Customer Contracts"

What do you like best?

The amount of detail that a report can give. I like how it can be customized, if we think an additional section would be helpful to a report, we can request it to be added, and it will be added. Once you get used to the interface and how to navigate the program, it is a very useful tool.

What do you dislike?

Navigation of the interface is difficult and hard to get used to. Name conventions are also confusing. An example would be Drawdown option - this is where you would find the number of hours remaining on a service block. It has been a pain for us though as a company, as far as integrating it with our current systems, but that is something i only heard about,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are thoroughly trained on how to use the program and navigate.

We use Astea to keep track of hour engineers service hours for each one of our customers. Each customer has various projects that they purchase, each project has a block number and a corresponding service ticket. Each engineer needs to apply their time to various service tickets. Astea has helped keep track and make sure that we can give an accurate hours report to our customers. You need a complex system that is customizable to be able to do this.

Astea review by Administrator in Computer Hardware
Administrator in Computer Hardware

"Has potential, but needs improvement"

What do you like best?

Syncs with outlook.This is really the only thing i like about it.

What do you dislike?

Adds multiple tasks to outlook of the same task. Doesn't always remove tasks when deleted. Only works on one version of internet explorer. You must be online to enter timesheet information (cannot do it offline). Entering time is very time consuming, tedious and confusing. You cannot use mobile devices to edit calendars or enter time sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not feel that it can handle large company venues. Do a lot of research before a decision on any software of this type.

I believe its purpose is to streamline creating service tickets as well as scheduling, but it is failing in the respect that it causes confusion and hinders the technician to get the time sheets completed in a timely fashion.

Learning about Astea FieldCentrix?

* We monitor all Astea FieldCentrix reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.