Astro

Modern email and calendar apps for Mac, iOS, Android, Slack and Alexa, powered by Artificial Intelligence. Astro keeps you focused on what's most important.

Work for Astro?

Learning about Astro?

Astro Reviews

Ask Astro a Question
Showing 11 Astro reviews
Astro review by <span>Emily M.</span>
Emily M.

"Similar to the old Mailbox app, exactly what I've been looking for!"

What do you like best?

- It has a really intuitive interface similar to the Mailbox app -- it is not complicated, and anyone could use this product.

- The 'Astrobot' is awesome and makes unsubscribing a breeze

- You can also use the Astrobot interface to send quick one-off emails, set reminders, and do silly things (like flip a coin)

- I've had no issues syncing calendar invites with Astrobot -- when I respond 'Yes' via Astro, it automatically updates to Google Calendar.

What do you dislike?

- It can take a while to sync if you have a lot of emails

- The AI isn't the most effective at first

- We have some employees that manage large numbers of inboxes (15+), and the app cannot support inboxes on that scale.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an executive looking to increase efficiency, this app is for you. If you manage a large # of inboxes, this is probably not for you.

I have multiple email accounts that I use on a daily basis, and I'll generally have 3 gmail tabs open at a time. Astrobot aggregates all my inboxes into one, and divides all my messages by priority. It's interface is really similar to the Mailbox app that shut down a few years ago. I've been looking for an alternative ever since, and definitely found it in Astrobot. I have only leveraged Astrobot with gmail accounts, and cannot speak for how it works with Outreach.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Astro
Astro review by User

"Astro sorts through the noise and saves me time & stress"

What do you like best?

Astro focuses me on the most important emails so I don't miss them, and don't get distracted (or dismayed) by all the other noisy messages from people I don't know, newsletters, notifications etc. I love the snooze and scheduled-send features, and being able to set a VIP list is also very helpful. I also love having calendar integrated into the same app as my email. I also like using the same app on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. Sync is fast, and great design and clean interface.

What do you dislike?

I'd like even more calendar features such as being able to see many more months into the future, and seeing someone's available time on their calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it's free. Send them suggestions for what you want to see next (including more calendar options!)

Focusing on my most important communications, so I don't miss important things from teammates and customers, and so I can stay focused on my most important work.

What Email solution do you use?

Astro review by <span>Aleesha P.</span>
Aleesha P.

"A smart email app that improves my productivity everyday!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the smart organization of my emails into priority and other folders. This helps keep me focused on what's most important and reduces time wasted on emails that are less imp

What do you dislike?

The search tends to be slow, but understand that will improve over time and is totally worth all of the other benefits that come with the app!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Email can get overwhelming, so if you are looking for a tool to help you better manager your inbox so you don't miss what's important and are more organized/focused - Astro is for you! Highly recommend it.

There's a lot of noise in email, and Astro helps me stay focused on what's important so I don't miss important communications and reminds me of emails that I need to respond to based on my preferences.

Astro review by <span>Steve P.</span>
Steve P.

"A really nice email experience heading in the right direction."

What do you like best?

I tried Astro because I wanted more features in my email than Gmail provides, and to be able to have these features available on Android and Mac. Astro is about the only tool that gives you access to powerful features to manage and track emails across these devices, and it does so in a super slick package.

What do you dislike?

I find the AI isn't all that useful. I'm looking forward to seeing how this evolves though, I can see it being helpful in the future. I think that's a risk as it's also it's biggest selling point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for it's email management capabilities as #1, look at the AI as a future help.

Beautiful, simple email to use in the office and on the fly.

Astro review by <span>Piero R.</span>
Piero R.

"My Favorite Email Client by FAR!"

What do you like best?

The AI system Astrobot uses to archive, unsubscribe and declutter my inbox is amazing! also it has Alexa and Slack integration. I think it's miles ahead of it's competition in terms of innovation, and it has a beautiful interface, complete with snooze functions, and "open" notifications.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, I don't know that I can say there is anything I dislike. Which is bizarre, because I usually have a horrible relationship with email clients, but Astrobot has kept me organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

Keeping my emails organized and my inbox empty, has always been one of those tasks I usually am never interested in doing, so this application has solved my organization problems by automating that.

Astro review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Best ChatBot in the World"

What do you like best?

I love that it reads through my emails and notifies me about when I've been asked important questions. I also use it to unsubscribe from emails and clean out my inbox. It's really improved my communications and productivity.

What do you dislike?

Of course, part of me is concerned about giving Astrobot access to my private data. In order to work, it has to read all of my emails that come in. There are also a few bugs that could be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you comfortable with it reading through your emails?

It's really improved my communications and productivity! I like not needing to constantly check my inbox and keep things streamlined.

Astro review by User

"Astro’s AI and deferred scheduling features can get you to inbox 0"

What do you like best?

I have used Astro for Mac and iOS for over a year, and I love the Snooze, Send Later, Priority Inbox, and Slack features!

What do you dislike?

The app is polished and has a great design and thoughtful color scheme and layout, but there are some Android-isms that seep through into the iOS version (e.g. hamburger menu)

I use the the Send Later feature to compose email when I have time, but send later (e.g. the next morning) when I know I’ll have time to answer any responses.

Priority Inbox makes my “unread count” badge meaningful again.

Undo Send has saved me from social faux pas, forgetting attachments, and slips of the trigger finger.

Send you Slack is also useful! (And creates email-app envy in chatrooms; “How’d you do that!?”)

Astro review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Hate checking your inbox? Use Astrobot"

What do you like best?

I found with my million open tabs, 5 of those would probably be my inbox. I used the Slack/Astrobot integration and found that I could keep all communications in one spot (Slack) and never had to worry about continually checking my inbox. This is also one of the few (if not only) integrations I found where you can also reply to your emails from within Slack.

What do you dislike?

For some reason or another, I found that Astrobot had stopped working randomly when nothing had changed on my end. This could definitely be user-error, however.

The biggest benefit is that you can view and reply to emails from Slack (which is my central communication hub at work).

Astro review by Executive Sponsor in Consumer Electronics
Executive Sponsor in Consumer Electronics

"Like Gmail for the desktop"

What do you like best?

The feature I use most is the priority inbox as it is accurate most of the time. Love the Alexa integration and I use it almost everyday to quickly triage and snooze to desktop.

What do you dislike?

Astrobot could needs to have more functionality. The feature has a lot of potential, hoping that future versions are more powerful.

Everyone uses email, some more than others and any investment we make in improving the email experience directly drives productivity gains and pays for itself. We use Astro to enable a consistent first class email experience across all the devices we use.

Astro review by <span>Benjamin M B.</span>
Benjamin M B.

"Email integration works, but I don't totally love it."

What do you like best?

I like that I got notifications in Slack for emails

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the format the email notifications come in.

Its not really a business problem, like nearly any email integration, it was just a convenience. We worked to have specific gaming story opportunities sent to a shared email which then displayed in slack and we assigned and forwarded the emails while chatting.

Astro review by User

"Great use of AI for Email"

What do you like best?

Astrobot can quickly unsubscribe unwanted newsletters and gives insightful highlights to let me know a question was asked in an email. Modern and fluid UI makes the app nice to use.

What do you dislike?

Currently limited to Gmail and Office 365

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those excited about AI, Astro is a great app for inbox and email purposes.

Declutters my inbox and helps centralize my important emails.

Learning about Astro?

* We monitor all Astro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.