Atera

Atera It is the only All-in-One SaaS Based software for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), combining remote monitoring and management (RMM), professional services automation (PSA) and remote control & support.

Work for Atera?

Learning about Atera?

Atera Reviews

Showing 19 Atera reviews
Atera review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Excellent value for MSPs"

What do you like best?

The cost is a big plus, but I do like how it has a full set of features and seems to be implementing new features at a regular pace.

What do you dislike?

Some of the modules feel like they need a little more work, which I'm sure they will get. An example of this is the software inventory report, as you cannot pull up the software listed on systems, but rather only search if a particular piece of software is installed. You can look at an endpoints program list, but only if that endpoint is online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a smaller MSP, or an MSP just geting started Atera is definitely worth a look as a full featured solution. If you are a larger MSP with more requirements, switching some things to Atera like I did can realize a lot of additional savings.

Day to day IT issues are easy to solve with the remote and background support offered through the platform. I have also been able to cut my RMM costs considerably since switching to Atera, saving hundreds of dollars a month with nearly the same functionality.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Atera
Atera review by Jason Z.
Jason Z.

"Great alternativer to higher priced RMMs"

What do you like best?

Atera gives me everything I need, at a great price, over the higher priced RMMs Its allowed me to do all the basic tasks, monitoring and management I as a provide could want.

What do you dislike?

i would like intigration with Software such as Carbonite and Bitdefender, but this is not a necessity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your a small company, or a independent needing to implement an RMM for multiple clients, or many more then a few equipment items such as servers and PCs, this is a good choice for much less cost then the bigger offerings.

Atera has allowed me the ability to come to a higher ability level to care for, and manage my clients networks and equipment, at a much better price, I get what I need, not 10,000 features i have to wade through, and will never use for simple settings.

What Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) solution do you use?

Atera review by Donald H.
Donald H.

"Best Value RMM Tool for smaller MSP firms"

What do you like best?

This SaaS app doesn't charge you by how many agents you have deployed, but instead of by how many techs you have using the software. This means that a firm like mine can save over $10,000 in year one of using this software. If you have 1000 end points that you manage you would spend anywhere from $600 to $1000 per month for other RMM tools. It is only $90/user with Atera. On the low side that is an annual savings of $6,120. That is money that you can now use for other tools or better marketing campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The support is overseas and is not as responsive as I would like. They need better on-boarding training and tools so that you can get a better start during the 30 day trial period. I wish the had a mobile app instead of relying on mobile web browsers. Some of the scripting is quirky and can require some advanced training, but it does work once implemented. It may offer full monitoring of all of the network devices, but I have not learned how to configure that aspect yet. I have scheduled a 1 on 1 training session with one of their customer solution techs to review the system and to find out how to do this and several other network and system related tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely put Atera us against all that your current RMM tool can do, and weigh the differences and any time savings (expenditures) against the cost savings.

It enables us to remotely monitor, manage, and re-mediate our client's issues from any web connected device. It has built-in support for remote support, system scripting, network monitoring, antivirus support, and backup support. The platform gives me total viability to all of the workstations and servers at a client's location.

Atera review by Jesse R.
Jesse R.

"A newer user friendly RMM platform, built in the cloud. "

What do you like best?

Intuitive and friendly GUI. Billed per tech, not per deployed agent. Build in PSA and Splashtop integration at no additional charge. Ticketing system is comprehensive and manageable for techs, admins, and end users. Usable mobile app link.

What do you dislike?

Patch integration could be more comprehensive. Heavy reliance on scripting / power shell for custom RMM functions. Webroot integration carried minimal value, since Weboot isn't even rated on AV Comparitives. Would prefer integration with Bitdefender or competitive product.

Given my ratio of techs to endpoints, their pricing model saved my company over almost 50% monthly. Intuitive GUI and options have also reduced the learning curve required to onboard new tech. Exiting techs say that they can access endpoints and client info more efficiently, thereby reducing ticket times and improving response rates.

Atera review by Jorge P.
Jorge P.

"Best RMM for your business!"

What do you like best?

I love all the features that Atera has, it makes my MSP business run smoothly. It has Remote support as well, ticketing system everything you need for your MSP.

What do you dislike?

the only thing missing is the third party patching, hopefully it gets implement in the feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get RMM for your MSP business. Recommended

I can support my customers no matter where I am, I like the reports and even has AV and online backup within the same dashboard.

Atera review by Simbarashe M.
Simbarashe M.

"Atera Maybe the best"

What do you like best?

What hits me the most about Atera is that it is almost for free, with their per technician billing you will never find a better pricing anywhere, for some of us who are still new in the industry and also want what the big boys have we can safely say we found our robin hood. It is a true God-sent for any serious IT personnel or company as it provides the key elements that should be there.

What do you dislike?

With every system there will always be bugs and glitches here and there but they do make up for it with an exceptional support team, you are never alone. I have noticed an average of 1 hour for someone to be working on any issue that may arise. The only downside i have noticed is the inability to completely customize the software to my individual needs myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for a month and you wont go back

1. Accountability (ticketing system)

2. Remote monitoring giving us a proactive approach.

3. Remote assistance, the best way to meet SLA agreements

4. CRM we are all in it for the money and we need a way to track our clients and contracts.

5. Web based, allowing me to work from virtually anywhere in the world.

So for me it is a full package.

Atera review by Richard O.
Richard O.

"Blue Sky Tech Review"

What do you like best?

the price is the best. I have been searching for a RMM software that I could afford and justify for our company. this one was perfect. we use it daily and would recommend it to anyone.

What do you dislike?

would like to push file to multiple computers from the console

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try it before any others

easy remote access to our clients from any computer. we now have faster response to our clients

Atera review by Martin M.
Martin M.

"ATERA - The ONLY MSP Resource to work with"

What do you like best?

Until I discovered ATERA, I had relegated myself to thinking the IT services I have provided individuals and SMBs for more years than I care to mention. All the MSP resources I reviewed had been per device fee based with base expectations requiring revenue in excess of what an individual would pay. After all, when a computer for a workstation environment can be purchased for as little as $200 to $300 or so, who is going to pay $30, $40 or $50 and up per month for MSP services. At those rates, one would be paying for a new comptuer in less than a year. While Remote Access and Support has become common place for those of use who others turn to for assistance, the tedium of performing maintenance and update tasks traditionally performed while sitting in front of PCs, ATERA incorporates automation referred to as PSA with reports on the results of scheduled actions. With the implementation of SNMP on devices on can even monitor such things as inks and paper status on network printers. ATERA is a monitoring solution for virtually any device that can be discovered on a network.

What makes ATERA so especially unique in today's MSP world, ATERA provide Remote Access, Remote Monitoring, Maintenance Automation, a modern, fully encrypted Backup Resource for both onsite and offsite storage, a complete Service Desk solution with ticketing and invoicing. The list goes on and on.

But probably the most important aspect of ATERA is being built from the ground up using Microsoft AZURE. Traditionally, MSP solutions have and still are a compendium of components camouflaged to appear as one product. The reality is Remote Access, Remote Monitoring, Automation Ticketing and Backup are usually provided from a combination of vendors then linked to a dashboard to make them appear as one solution.

With ATERA, the MSP functionalities are built in to a single Dashboard. They are not a collection of multiple vendor functionalities, the are all from ATERA

Then, one must add the extent to which ATERA staff is dedicating themselves to customer support. When they say 'just ask' they mean exactly that and will work to whatever extent is needed to work with me to get ATERA working as I need. If ATERA does not have a particular functionality and you have a favorite, quite likely ATERA can provision for what you need.

ATERA is a great platform that can provide services for a single PC up to as large a system as one may envision. I am not an enterprise support person but can see ATERA meeting needs in such an environment

Now, the Coup de Grace! ATERA is technican fee based, not per device. It is provided in such a manner as to allow a single, traditional "Break | Fix" style of support to be evolved to the more contemporary Remote Monitoring, Remote Maintenance, Backup, PSA and Service Desk business model. The time I may have spent driving to and from clients is minimized and the ability to expand the customer base without compromise is possible.

What do you dislike?

To date, my only dislike is impatient for additional development of the ATERA platform. ATERA will set the bar for MSP Platforms that will be difficult for traditional MSP Platforms to meet

Recommendations to others considering the product

ATERA is not a per device fee platform as traditional MSP vendor price their services. ATERA will not put you in a position of pricing their product at a level that you MUST add customers just to pay for ATERA. It is per technician fee based and affordable out of the box. It will provide you with MSP services that you may have thought unavailable at the level of service or too expensive to consider

As a long time traditional "Breadk | Fix" Independent PC Consultant, ATERA allows more and better service to existing customers, the ability to expand my customer base and not compromise on level of service at a price that is affordable. I can up the level of service and support for existing clients and not have to hit them with additional funding requests. It is "Win-WIn" for both the solution provide AND the customer

Atera review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great RMM Software with disruptive pricing model."

What do you like best?

This software works amazingly well. With a disruptive pricing model they are sure to make big waves in the industry. This product saves me hundreds of dollars every month that can be used to add value elsewhere in the business.

What do you dislike?

Initially there were some teething problems (about a year ago), but Atera's team has since revamped the product which addressed almost all of my concerns. They actually listen to customer feedback!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it now -- it's a no-risk hassle free trial. The agent deployment is very easy and the web interface is very intuitive and easy to figure out.

Most software in this arena is charged per-node, and as a IT Services Company that manages thousands of nodes this sort of licensing model puts a huge dent in our finances. But with atera we get peace of mind that all the features are included on a per-tech basis.

Atera review by Tim P.
Tim P.

"Very nice and usefull IT management and automation solution in One platform"

What do you like best?

One-stop shopping concept: servicedesk, monitoring, asset management, knowledgebase, reports. Easy of use, nice look and feel. Monitoring is flexible and with OID's you can monitor devices in-depth

What do you dislike?

Not really a problem, but it would be nice when Atera introduces an app for notifications, or via an existing notification service like Pushalot, nma or Pushbullet, At this moment only email notifications are supported.

administrative management of my customers IT environment > solved with device monitoring and asset management. Also a nice license overview of customers Microsoft licenses

Ticket system mounted to monitoring module> solved with Atera!

Atera review by Marcio R.
Marcio R.

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

With 26 years of experience in IT and after having used different RMM tools in recent years, we find in Atera Software the true concept of "less is more". We are very excited about the simplicity and efficiency of the product and we are migrating our customers to this new platform. Not mentioning the fair value, an important factor for choosing it. If you are searching for a RMM tool, you need to know the Atera Software, simplicity will surprise you!

What do you dislike?

Not really a problem, but some customers have asked about the possibility of a Portuguese interface.

Proactive management of client computers, allowing early identification of problems, such as failure of hard drives, among others;

Online Backup.

Atera review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Good, and getting better"

What do you like best?

Remote monitoring is great for getting a heads up on potential problems. Ability to check event logs without directly accessing the computer is also great.

What do you dislike?

Remote desktop functionality needs fleshed out. Would be great to see it on par with Screen connect.

Getting ahead of system crashes and hardware failures

Atera review by Uri C.
Uri C.

"Simple All-In-One Solution "

What do you like best?

Atera is the only easy and simple All-In-One solution.

We are using Atera cloud platform for almost 4 years now, and we are highly satisfied with the product and support.

Highly Recommended!

What do you dislike?

None that I can think of. Atera support quickly help and resolve any issue.

Central monintroing of windows clients and server is Easy with Atera Servicedesk.

Ticketing and Cloud backup is also being done from the same Panel!

Atera review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Atera is a giant killer!"

What do you like best?

Starting a new MSP isn't easy. There are so many choices for software but Atera stuck out because of its pricing model. I started a trial and immediately starting onboarding my clients. What a pleasant suprise it was to use. Very easy for RMM and the help desk is very useful. I would recommend atera to anyone looking for this type of platform.

What do you dislike?

RMM is sometimes slow depending on connection speed.

Customization needs a little work

Need to work on adding features to crm.

Cost of RMM software is manageable now.

Atera review by Rene M.
Rene M.

"Great product which is still evolving"

What do you like best?

We have been using Atera aControl for quite a while now. It has evolved to a great product and it is still evolving. I also think that is it's greatest pro. They listnen to their users and incorporate input and ideas.

Overall we are very satisfied with it.

What do you dislike?

There could be some more improvement here and there, but at this moment I only think the remote control feature is not up to par yet.

Remote monitoring and automation.

Reduced workload because of automation profiles.

Atera review by Jack M.
Jack M.

"Atera"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, the support has been great when required and any bugs I have been submitted I have received a positive response to.

What do you dislike?

Had a few problems with the agent connecting but the issue has been reported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to use, the support has been great and the pricing is very good!

Managing customers equipment has become a lot easier from using the App.

Atera review by Edwin K.
Edwin K.

"Atera Servicedesk - My Servicedesk"

What do you like best?

Atera is a really well working set of servicedesk tools in one handy dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything at the moment really.

It's providing us the ability to really service our customers to their IT needs. We use it to monitor all systems, support users remotely, easily backup and restore, follow it all up with tickets.

Atera review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Atera, a step above the rest"

What do you like best?

Tickets and be categorized by client and are easy to sort.

What do you dislike?

It's slow to use and it can crash unexpectedly.

Combining P2P, antivirus, and a solid ticket system makes managing programs as an IT staff saves time and helps promote efficiency.

Atera review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Atera review"

What do you like best?

Website is easy to use and fast, simple.

What do you dislike?

No mobile app and Splashtop is buggy....

Client and ticket management

Learning about Atera?

* We monitor all Atera reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.