aText

aText accelerates your typing by replacing abbreviations with frequently used phrases you define

Work for aText?

Learning about aText?

aText Reviews

Showing 11 aText reviews
aText review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"Solid tool for automating and enhancing your workflows"

What do you like best?

AText makes it very simple to create keyboard shortcuts and small phrases that will auto-populate commonly used pieces of text. This has many applications for my business, such as responding to common email questions, auto-populating commonly used phrases and even passwords if needed. I also love that it is compatible with Mac OS since that is my primary workstation.

What do you dislike?

As of Mac OS High Sierra, the tool requires some time to tweak in order to actually work - this is because Mac OS added a security update that will only allow aText to run if you approve it in system preferences. That is a bit of a hassle, but once it is running it works well. I noticed recently images no longer can be auto-pasted using aText, at least in my experience on Mac OS Mojave. Small pain points , but overall happy with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very inexpensive, but support is lacking - not a big deal since it is a simple utility. If you use Mac Os and want to automate some of your email responses, this is the tool to use!

I primarily use aText for creating keyboard shortcuts for common email responses and phrases used in email communication in order to simplify and efficiently answer emails. I have noticed since using it that I spend about 30 minutes less per day answering and responding to client requests using this tool. I believe it has a lot of value for email support workers and those who use written communication as a large part of their role.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about aText
aText review by User in Internet

"Faster Responses with aText"

What do you like best?

aText keeps my boilerplate responses in an easy-to-edit format so that I can respond to tickets quickly without sacrificing detail in my responses. I've built dozens of shortenings so that my workflow is simpler and more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Adding links or other fancy bits to your aText isn't very intuitive. It is very easy once you know how to do it, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it and spend the first week or more copy and pasting any email you have to send more than once. Reformat them and perfect them so that over time you have a library of useful snippets to call upon.

aText solves the issue of spending all of your time wording detailed answers for customers or internal tickets. I can use responses I've already edited and ensure that I'm giving out the right link and the right advice all the time.

What Other Office solution do you use?

aText review by User

"aText is my favorite time-saving mechanism, and I use it every day. "

What do you like best?

I send hundreds of very similar emails every day. Before I found aText, I used Yesware templates which required an expensive subscription and required wasteful clicking. With aText, I can draft an email, enter a mailing address, explain a process or policy, etc. without ever taking my hands off my keyboard.

What do you dislike?

On rare occasions, I have to restart my aText or install an update to get it to work. I wish I could more easily share my snippets with my teammates and colleagues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whenever you think of another Snippet, enter into aText. You will save time and energy!

aText saves my team time and mental real estate. We no longer have to memorize mailing addresses. We work in real estate, and we often have to explain in writing the language in a lease or legal document. I always turn to aText for these explanations. I add new Snippets almost every day. aText makes us more efficient.

aText review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"aText makes my life so much easier"

What do you like best?

aText makes my job so much easier by allowing me to create quick shortcuts for anything that I type often. I often create an aText for responses to questions that I get multiple times a day so that I do not have to type out the same thing every time. It is so simple to use and provides so much value.

What do you dislike?

It would be really helpful if aText allowed links to be included in shortcuts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect too much or anything too fancy. It may not be the most visually appealing platform, but it gets the job done and is the right price.

By using aText, my everyday workflow has become so much faster. Repetitive sentences and phrases that I use everyday now take me no time to type.

aText review by Alaysia B.
Alaysia B.

"Atext is super useful for helping me organize and quickly retrieve info. "

What do you like best?

I like atext's user face. It's super simple to glance at a ton of info.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how old school the organized files are. The view of the information is simple to read, but the design is super early 2000s.

Recommendations to others considering the product

aText is mostly a shortcut for typing frequently used texts. I wouldn't prepare to use it for much more than that.

I quickly type sentences and even paragraphs by only typing a few letters.

aText review by Tyler B.
Tyler B.

"Makes my job SO much easier!"

What do you like best?

This tool saves hours each and every day of typing repeated things. It's essential for my job and I wouldn't be able to do it without it!

What do you dislike?

That you have to click in the designated text box again before submitting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IT'S A LIFE SAVER

Using it to streamline communications throughout the company and save time typing the same things over and over again.

aText review by User in Internet

"Simple, kind of boring, but super useful"

What do you like best?

I've been using aText for over three years. It fits so seamlessly into my day-to-day I often forget I use it. My use case is primarily for sending canned responses over Slack or email.

What do you dislike?

The interface has not been updated since I began using it. While it ins't horrible, it's clunky enough that when I want to add a new shortcut I have to reacquaint myself with the software.

I use this tool to store canned messages that I use both internally and externally. The one-time cost has more than paid itself off in saved time.

aText review by User

"fast, fast, fast, no more spelling out everything"

What do you like best?

I use a variety of phrases that are cumbersome to type out repeatedly so aText types out my content from the abbreviation I choose.Free download for mac, yaaaay!!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about something that dissolves my irritation over repetitive typing!

It is really about speed when creating new content and slapping it up, so to speak. aText helps you breeze through this task.

"aText - 2018"

What do you like best?

The concept behind aText and creating shortcuts saves me so much time. I don't know what I would do without it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it wipes out all your shortcuts and makes it look like you've lost everything. You have to close out of it and launch it back up.

Saving time when writing repetitive messaging or when searching something on the web.

aText review by User in Internet

"It did what it said it would"

What do you like best?

The canned responses were pretty easy to set up and share with others.

What do you dislike?

Not the most attractive software, and doesn't offer much help when starting off.

It helps speed up the teams response time.

aText review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Atext software review "

What do you like best?

How it can guess out what you are about to say

What do you dislike?

How it automatically changes what your txting

Abbreviations and using less time to write out informations

Learning about aText?

* We monitor all aText reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.