Atlassian Crowd

Single sign-on and user identity that's easy to use

Work for Atlassian Crowd?

Learning about Crowd?

Atlassian Crowd Reviews

Showing 8 Crowd reviews
Crowd review by <span>Patrick L.</span>
Patrick L.

Good SSO solution for Atlassian products, but not a full SSO solution for other applications

What do you like best?

Being part of the Atlassian product family, it works seamlessly well with other Atlassian products such as JIRA, and Confluence. As a product:

* Very easy to set up and configure, compared to other enterprise SSO solutions.

* Supports a variety of user directory types, including the most common ones such as AD, database.

What do you dislike?

Crowd really only works well with Atlassian products. Outside of Atlassian, it is not much of a SSO solution. In theory, you can use Crowd with any applications, but because it does not use or support any open standard, such as SAML, you will need to create your own extensions for either Crowd or the application you want to use Crowd with, and that can be a big hassle.

Not supporting things such as SAML, OAuth, really hurts using Crowd as a general purpose SSO solution outside of the Atlassian stack.

There are third party extensions you can get that adds support for those features, but as an SSO solution, I think these things should be out of box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Crowd is the go-to solution for centralized user management and SSO solution for everything Atlassian. But if you are looking for a general all purpose SSO solution that can support applications outside of Atlassian stack, then you should consider other options.

Mainly using Crowd for user federation across all Atlassian tools, such as JIRA and Confluence. Also use it to *augment* AD in scenarios where AD is locked down, Crowd can be used to augment the user repository for just the Atlassian applications.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Atlassian Crowd
Crowd review by User in Marketing and Advertising

The integration between different products is not always one to one

What do you like best?

I like that Atlassian is trying to integrate it's various products with one another. I also appreciate the ability to customize the products for each companies/teams use. Copying and pasting text with styling has gotten better, though it still has a ways to go.

What do you dislike?

My personal experience has been that I have to copy and paste my notes and documents into each Atlassian product I use. Which is usually 3 different places. Version control is a nightmare at our company. Hard to know when we have duplicate or contradictory documents in the same place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a great Production Ops team like we do that knows how to customize things and reach out for support.

Project Management, Product Management, Documentation, Design, Conceptual work, and Research.

What Single Sign On (SSO) solution do you use?

Crowd review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

Crowd authentication server for Atlassian Products

What do you like best?

I can use crowd to offload authentication so JIRA and my other applications don't have to handle the extra load. It also allows me to specify multiple different authentication sources for my applications and allows SSO capabilities within the Atlassian tools.

What do you dislike?

It does not support true SSO. It only does SSO within the Atlassian tools and it only works when SSL/HTTP is enabled. There is also no multi-node/HA support for this product currently, so it could become a problem if the authentication server goes down. Also some small issues if you have a Production and Test environment where one will not allow you to authenticate unless you clear your browser cache or use "private/incognito mode"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Crowd is not true SSO. It only works when you are using SSL/HTTPS and only for the Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Fisheye/Crucible, BitBucket)

I offload the additional workload of authentication to another server with this product. It will give me SSO with all of the Atlassian tools behind the firewall.

Crowd review by <span>Ian N.</span>
Ian N.

Good Start to an open collaboration.

What do you like best?

Confluence is all about encouraging team collaboration and this is another fine example of how they choose to implement the true user option. With the ability for single sign on scaling to multiple directories, our merger with a segment of our organization went through seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Still has some work, being an open source project you have the ability to make the tool what you want, which can be a downside if you are trying to ramp up quickly with an inexperienced staff. There are advantages but so far there are other options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for Cloud and dev teams, devops as well. We have seen an increase in activity in between teams.

There are some shortcomings but all in all the experience is pretty similar to other interfaces that I have used managing users and data.

Crowd review by User

Not very user intuitive

What do you like best?

I don't really like anything about it, to be honest.

What do you dislike?

I think the organizational structure with folders is not helpful. It's difficult to add a sub-item task to a folder. It's also annoying to always get emails when someone changes anything on the ticket or adds a comment.

To be fair, I am a marketing person so maybe I'm not the ideal user profile of this software. However, our team uses it to track projects and deadlines and collaborate on team tasks/launches.

Crowd review by <span>NMK B.</span>
NMK B.

Very useful for teaching

What do you like best?

It's a great product, we can demo it easily and it is helpful in understanding the concepts of Agile methodologies. Be it scrum or kanban

What do you dislike?

It can be intriguing for some, as they are new to the subject, how does the information flow across the charts and diagrams

I have used it for teaching students Agile

Learning about Atlassian Crowd?

* We monitor all Atlassian Crowd reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.