Audition

Adobe Audition and audio editing software and is one part of Adobe's Creative Suite of software products.

Work for Audition?

Learning about Audition?

Audition Reviews

Ask Audition a Question
Showing 171 Audition reviews
Audition review by Victor J.
Victor J.

"Excellent tool for composers and audio amateurs"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is the fact that you can take any audio file(wav,mp3,aif) and get it into the edition tab and add any thinkable effect, stretch time, pitch shifter, reverb, distortion, almost anything.I also like the fact that you can actually mix within adobe, you just have to take your audio files and put it into the master tracks and that would be it, from there you can adjust the volumes, efects(reverb, crunsh, compresors) and in general you can try , or if you are an already trained audio engineer, the whole process will be absurdly easy

What do you dislike?

Well, although is a great DAW, the midi and vst engines are not that great, so, its more for handling audio that is already made, for composers who work with midi I would never recommend it. Also, there is not a real way to control, or at least not user friendly to manage those files, so things like aplying a vst into a midi file are a nightmare. I would totally recommend you to only use adobe audition as a audio tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recomend you to use with another daw, for example I use Pro tools + Adobe Audition or Reaper + Adobe audition

More than anything,audio conversions(to wav, to mp3, to aif etc) and everything related to correction, for example, I work a lot with singers, so the edit tool is actually really powerfull to fix "hums" and sileneces.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Audition
Audition review by Eduardo I.
Eduardo I.

"Amazing tool to Mixing and Mastering."

What do you like best?

Spectral edition: You can select freely in a range of frequencies with the effect Brush tool and apply these effects to the selection in several degrees. Perfects a selected interval and automatically repairs clicks, pop-ups and other noises using the spot correction brush.

Compatibility of virtual instruments VSTi: Compatibility with a wide variety of virtual instruments. Add midi MIDI tracks to your mix, you can choose an instrument and then record a new sound in the Sequencer.

Multitrack edition: This is one of my favorites, because it allows me to add different sounds to the main audio like fillings, ad libs, or any effect of organic sound in different tracks, being able to join them at the end to give a true touch of authenticity to my songs. Save time and increase accuracy by editing groups of clips. Use the functions of automatic gradual transition with clips in multitrack view; In this way, you can mix files quickly.

What do you dislike?

I would like an improvement for the audio quality; what, is good, but not great. I would like to record some of my instruments to give my own touch to the music that i produce, but sometimes i feel that the audio quality of the sound that i recorded i just not good enough to my quality standars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Audition is designed to give audio professionals a package of flexible tools for production, recording, mixing, editing and mastering.

With extensive domain and restoration, audition allows professionals to create music and Spots as well as restore faulty recordings with sophisticated editing tools.

I learn to used it with a friend that had his own home studio, and eventually i ended taking that same way. I love the precision that Audition give me to edit the sound, also the efects and the many options that offers me to do the full production work (mixing and mastering) with a very high level results. Once you handled the many features that Audition has, you going to take your creativity to another level. Me personally use it to do the productions for my music and for any independent artist who hires my services.

What Audio Editing solution do you use?

Audition review by Nick H.
Nick H.

"Best Post Production Software"

What do you like best?

the interface provided by Adobe is really awesome and good looking. you have multiple multitrack editing panels and all the essential tools needed to edit. also, the interface is customizable by the user which gives a lot of options like you could create your own workspace and save it for later, in that way you can save a lot of time on editing. the program is a part of the Adobe creative cloud suite which means you can easily work with other creative cloud products like premier and after effects. you can also work with adobe captivate and export the audio directly into it after editing which i find really helpful.

What do you dislike?

the pricing isn't cheap and needs a subscription to get you going. comparing with most of the other sf=oftwares in the market the price is on the high side and most of the average users won't be able to use it. the software, unlike many others, is very hard to learn for a complete newbie. you either need time or knowledge in a previous version to get going. this is not a software like many where you can do your quick edit, it needs a lot of work to make it look good. the software is best suited for post-production comparing to music production as the software doesn't support virtual instruments or MIDI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is not the best you can get when it comes to music production but for post-production, nothing beats it.

post-production of audio, this might be the best software out there.

Audition review by Silvia M.
Silvia M.

"One of the best Great Audio Editor!"

What do you like best?

It's a Great music editor with everything that you will need and even more! It have the multitrack recording functionality, the excellent audio restoration feature. The GUI of the software is intuitive, clean and customizable, and the software provides an huge toolset to handle any type of audio.

It's possible switch between different layout.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Audition is a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud, so you will pay for the service on a subscription basis. The price is expensive for the entire suite (but it is worth every penny that has been spent).

You can't customize the toolbar of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very powerful tool, complete and customizable. If you are new to this kind of software it could scare you, but with a little practice everything will be more familiar. On the web there are plenty of tutorial that can guide and help you better understanding this powerful tool. Definitely for me the best audio editing software, absolutely recommended.

With this software i can record single, multi tracks, editing them analyze the tracks and improve the quality of the sound (in fact it have a full digital mixer so you can adjust the levels like: volume,bass,mid,high, and so on) and other parameters of multiple audio tracks at once.

Audition review by Francesco L.
Francesco L.

"Not so easy, but a powerful tool for our music"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition offers you a lot of tools that you can use to edit and create your music. All the platform is a ready to go platform, with a complete interface and all the things you nees. Also really powerful are the automatic mixing track (that you can use to change the lenght of a song) and the noise removal function.

What do you dislike?

It's not of course easy to use. But you can find a lot of tutorial on the internet. Adobe Audition remain a solid software with no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is not the easiest solution, but I think it's the complete one. It's the best platform that you can use for your audio project. Use it.

I use Adobe Audition for two reason. The first one is to mix and modify music, and clear and enanche the quality of the audio, of the video that we make for our clients. The second is to mix down the bussiness podcast that we are running.

Audition review by Adam L.
Adam L.

"Best Audio Editing in the Market"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition Creative Cloud is an extremely powerful tool. I used the tool to edit audio recording created and the best thing about the tool is the multi-track editing. it has a lot of features including audio mixing and filter. another great thing about the audition is the addition of plugin, it supports all type of VST plugins and gives you a lot more option while editing audio. its the part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and you could get Adobe cloud storage t safely backup your work, the Adobe support is great, not just the support replies immediately, they have the answer to the question every time and I found it really helpful. the interface is clean and customizable which lets you create a workspace according to your need, really awesome function.

What do you dislike?

the pricing is a little high, even thou when subscribing to all the cloud products you could save few bucks for an average user audition is an expensive tool. the Creative cloud software update is a really bad, the servers can be dead slow and you could feel like it takes forever to update the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's the best tool available. go for it.

edit and mix audio files.

Audition review by Benjamin R.
Benjamin R.

"A must for any podcast producers"

What do you like best?

The versatility of the application, from multi-track recordings to fixing an audio file it can do it all.

I also like having it link with my Premiere Pro projects, allowing me to work across both programs when creating video content.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to learn if you have no previous experience with similar software. I would highly recommend getting to grips with some free software first.

There are also some keyboard shortcuts that are in other Adobe software but sadly missing from Audition. Also ran into a strange issue when moving large multi-track recordings in a project with magnet tool enabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the trial through Adobe CC, give it a go and I'm sure you'll love it.

Audition allows us to create dynamic podcasts with ease, from the recording straight through to the finishing touches.

Audition review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"Best audio editing solution out there!"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition is by far the best audio editing platform out there. I work in radio and as a DJ, and I use this software often for multiple applications. It's easy to use, quick and has the great name of Adobe to back it up. Adobe Audition also boasts a great number of features, making it the most robust digital audio workstation of its kind.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about Audition. Sometimes I wish buttons and workflows were organized a little differently. But, the great thing is that as with all other Adobe products, you can manage your workflow and customize and resize almost everything. Also, Audition isn't the best if you would like to produce music, but, that's not what it's intended for anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a fast and easy-to-use digital audio workstation that is also accessible for novice users, then this is the software for you. It's so quick and has so many options and features, it's nice knowing that there will never be an audio issue or goal you can't solve or accomplish with Adobe Audition. Take the time to watch tutorials and realize the full potential of this great software.

This allows me to record, edit and export radio commercials and liners very quickly and efficiently. I'm able to deliver to clients very quickly. When something needs to be edited, I can quickly reload a session I was previously working on and edit as needed, then re export and send again.

Audition review by Brendan C.
Brendan C.

"Great tool for audio editing"

What do you like best?

Audition is amazing for audio editing. Since the waveform is visible and dynamic, you always see how you are changing your audio file.

The noise reduction is simply amazing and can turn a problematic shooting situation into really great result.

The auto-heal too is also a welcome feature. You can get rid of pops and microphone peaks instantly with only one small selection and keyboard shortcut.

Beyond that, the effects and controls that Audition has make fixing up audio really easy and hassle free. With it's integration with premiere, everything works so well - It's the main reason why we're committed to the Adobe suite.

What do you dislike?

Some tools should be streamilined a little. In my opinion noise removal should be built into the UI instead of all happening in another window and interface. There can be bugs too. It seems every time I try to remove noise for the first time, it doesn't work. I need to reselect, resample, and then it works.

I wish there was more auto-fix tools too. Especially for noise removal. The current auto-fixing tools never seem to yield very good results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Noise reduction is really great. Try always recording a good 10 seconds with no talking before your clips to use as your sound sample. The longer the sample, the better the result.

We use Audition to fix poor audio from our Sony cameras. This happens when there's a lot of background noise or when there is corrupted audio. With it's integration with premiere, the workflow is seemless between the two programs.

Audition review by Megan N.
Megan N.

"Powerful Program, Difficult to Get the Hang Of"

What do you like best?

Audition is not low-end audio software, but isn't polished enough to appeal to most professional music producers. It seems to work best for hobbyists and part-time producers. I also think that Audition's features make it better for podcasting and radio than music. Cleaning up audio with small amounts of noise is very easy with the noise reduction tool. It is capable of multi-track recording and editing, but Apple's Logic Pro surpasses Audition when it comes to multi-track editing and mixing.

What do you dislike?

The layout is way too busy and isn't easy to navigate. It's usable, but does not feel anywhere near as natural as other Adobe programs like Illustrator and Photoshop. The controls are difficult to manipulate, and I find that I take way too long to get things just right. It's not intuitive, and I feel that I'm missing a lot of features because I can't figure out how to get to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for quick edits and fixing slightly noisy audio. It isn't quite robust enough for music production. I'm really not sure that it's worth the price.

I use it occasionally for multi-track editing as a hobbyist.

Audition review by Troy F.
Troy F.

"Not bad for quick edits or repairing slightly damaged audio files"

What do you like best?

Audition fits nicely in-between low-end and higher-end audio software. It certainly won't appeal to most professional music producers, but it does work well for hobbyists and part-time producers. It has grown out of a product called Cool Edit Pro, from many years back. Adobe has since purchased the software and has added features to make it more capable.

It does some things very well, such as cleaning up audio that may have a little noise. It is capable of multi-track recording/editing, but I prefer to use Apple's Logic Pro for multi-track editing/mixing.

What do you dislike?

There's just something about the layout that I don't like. It's perfectly usable, but it just doesn't seem natural to me. Maybe it's that it still sort of looks like Cool Edit Pro a little. Maybe it's that the controls are not all that easy to manipulate (such as track volume and panning. I'm not sure, but I just don't like the "feel" of this software. I only use it for correcting audio that is too noisy; something it does fairly well and without the need for other, more expensive software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for quick edits and repairs of slightly noisy audio. Not quite robust enough for a full music production house.

I use it to repair audio from video that I shoot. Occasionally, there may be a hum or tasing car that makes its was into the recording; Audition is pretty good at fixing noisy audio - as long as you don't over-correct it.

Audition review by Seth P.
Seth P.

"Powerful audio editing program"

What do you like best?

I use Audition mainly to clean up and amplify audio for videos I am editing. The noise reduction feature is very powerful and has helped me clean up background fuzz from many of my videos. I currently edit videos in Final Cut Pro but hope to start using Premiere Pro at some point and when that happens I will appreciate being able to go back and forth between it and Audition automatically. I like how all Adobe programs integrate with each other like that.

What do you dislike?

This might be a small thing, but when you are editing an audio file, if the audio file is not playing and you click anywhere in it, the play head will move to that spot. When the audio file is playing and you click anywhere in the waveform it does not move the play-head there. There might be a reason for that but I would like the functionality to remain the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Audition to anyone especially if you use any other Adobe products. If you are doing video production in Premiere Pro this goes along with it perfectly.

I am using Audition to improve audio for video production.

Audition review by José D.
José D.

"Adobe Audition: Compact and powerful"

What do you like best?

436/5000

I like Adobe Audition for being an easy-to-use software, in addition to allowing the integration of third-party plugins that results in obtaining more professional results.

On the other hand, for those of us who work in the world of radio, Audition is a vital complement for the production of the programs and the editing of commercials, loops, jingles and the entire sound library with which we work in a live program .

What do you dislike?

Nothing, is a tool that completely satisfies my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although there are many other software for audio editing, and depending on the need, Audition is the best option due to its easy use, in addition to the best cost-benefit ratio, since for a lower price compared to other software, Audition provides a high level of performance with professional results, especially for those who make a living within the world of radio stations.

It is easy to use and very intuitive, also allows the incorporation of many plugins to give more shape and body to the sound we require in our editing work.

Therefore, if you are looking for a tool for audio publishing that allows you to achieve professional results with a low investment cost, the best alternative is Adobe Audition.

Editing and mixing of audio tracks for the commercials of the clients in the radio, elaboration of loops, production of the radio program and other utilities within the elaboration of the radio program.

Audition review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Underrated sound editing software"

What do you like best?

Multitrack editor, pre-loaded with decent effects & tools, VST plug-in support. Noise removal tool is very useful for cleaning up low-quality recordings.

What do you dislike?

Not quite as powerful or feature-rich as the current industry leader, Pro Tools, but shouldn't be overlooked

Recommendations to others considering the product

Audition, at least "out of the box," doesn't have the music-creation features that Pro Tools does. Without third-party plugins it's more of a generic sound & voice recording/editing application, though there are a few basic music-related tools (Metronome, etc).

I record and edit voice-overs for advertisements, and Audition is more than adequate for accomplishing this. I've also used it for sound design in animated bumpers and spots; The Multitrack editor has been useful for combining multiple VO, music and Sound Effect tracks into single audio files to put in my projects. I sometimes receive lower-quality VO tracks from clients, and Audition has EQ and noise removal tools that help make those files sound at least a bit better.

Audition review by Charlotte D.
Charlotte D.

"Adobe Audition Review"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition has an intuitive, functional layout. You can easily scan, enhance, and trim the wave file on one hand while also having fast access to other open files. Filters are displayed on the edge and quickly accessed.

What do you dislike?

I do not have much in the way of complaints. Adobe Audition does everything I need and then some. My only grievances is for Adobe in general. I do not like their switch to a subscription-based only model. Thankfully I bought my product hardcopies before they stopped selling them.

I am a recording artist/composer and like to edit my own audio recordings. Audition makes it easy to cut static/noise, increase volume, add reverb, etc. all in one place. It is also easy to cut and paste section from multiple recordings. All files opened are displayed in a side panel, allowing you to easily switch between the different recordings. Audition also helps since it is integrated with Premiere pro. If a video recording needs better audio adjustments, it is easy to open the recording in Audition.

Audition review by Nadia T.
Nadia T.

"Powerful, promising software"

What do you like best?

This software is much more advanced that I'm used to, so certain things are easier and more automated than I've previously experienced. It's a huge time and effort saver, and I'm really enjoying exploring everything I can do with Audition.

As a sound editing learner, one major advantage I have in using this software over my previous program is how easy it is to normalize sound levels. Audition cuts down the process from anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes to only a few minutes. Not only that, the feature itself sounds great on playback.

I also have to commend Adobe on upping it's tutorial game, both with videos and in-program walkthroughs. One of the main barriers to learning a new software is the quality of educational materials that are available, and I don't think I would have tried this program had I not been immediately impressed with the level of learning support I can tap into.

What do you dislike?

So far, I don't really have any dislikes to speak of. I may run into some issues as I continue using this, but (for the time being) it's been an overhwlmingly positive experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the ability, at least give Audition a try.

The main problem I'm solving with Audition is editing audio for video. My company doesn't have powerful microphones for our video camera, so sometimes the quality of the sound needs some help. With Audition, I'm able to make adjustments and create a more polished product.

Audition review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"Superior audio editor, high learning curve"

What do you like best?

The best, most unique feature of Audition is the spectral audio editing feature. This has worked to my advantage, especially when fixing background noise in production sound. It allows you to isolate certain frequencies along the timeline and attenuate (or increase) those frequencies for fine edits. For more generalized noise reduction, the de-noise filter allows you to pinpoint the noise you want to attenuate and manually adjust the reduction so you can maintain a natural sound.This is a feature I have never seen in any other audio editor, and I have used Pro Tools, Studio One, Reaper, and Audacity.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this has such a different work flow than other popular audio editors, which increases the learning curve. the constant switch back between the Waveform and Multitrack Edit windows can be conducive to radio edits, but I have rarely found that workflow useful for multitrack songs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend some time learning this program. If you are transitioning from intermediate use of other audio editors, the learning curve won't be as high, but it's a new workflow to get used to for sure. If you're completely new to audio editors and the Adobe Suite, expect a few hours of tutorials before you start your first project!

I am able to enhance audio with de-noise filters, and it's a full audio editor, so I can fine tune edits for any kind of project. I have used it more often in the past for radio edits, and currently use it occasionally for final audio mixdown for video projects.

Audition review by Lauren F.
Lauren F.

"Professional software for the mid-level experienced user"

What do you like best?

I came to Audition with a basic understanding of this sort of interface and audio editing. While it took some time and research to get a good hold of, it is intuitive enough to understand as someone a step above a beginner.

What do you dislike?

There are not many explanations of the different features in Audition, so if you are not an expert in audio editing, it can be confusing. The online support articles are not always that useful, but I can usually find answers in their community forums.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a solid understanding of sound editing is very helpful in using Audition, although not exactly essential. You can definitely work your way to understanding the concepts, but there is a learning curve involved.

Audition has helped our company's podcast get off the ground relatively quickly and inexpensively.

Audition review by Craig S.
Craig S.

"Professional tools at your fingertips, despite your experience"

What do you like best?

As an amateur audio editor and sometimes engineer I enjoy Auditions feature set. There is incredible depth to the tools that they provide, but their online tutorials, youtube videos, give new users a sampling of the power, without overwhelming you.

What do you dislike?

I have had to fight with Windows 7 / 10 audio device settings from time to time. I'm not sure if that's really an Audition issue or a Windows issue. Occasionally, I will not be on the correct recording input despite it appearing I am.

Audition allows me to quickly edit sound files and get them closely matched in quality and profile. Our company has grown over the years, adding better recording hardware and equipment. We've scaled up with Audition as our needs and experience grew.

Audition review by Madeline H.
Madeline H.

"Audition is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I'm not a pro at using this software yet, but the essential sound panel makes it easy for me to do basic editing. I don't have to go searching around the software to figure out how to do the things I need to do. I also love the Sound Remover tool for fixing background noise.

What do you dislike?

This isn't a huge problem for me because I have access to Audition through my company, but for regular users of this program cost is prohibitive. It's $20 a month just for the one program.

Audio editing can be done easily and quickly, and exporting / saving files is really fast with Audition

Audition review by User

"Auditions Is One of The Best Audio Manipulating Software"

What do you like best?

When it comes to editing and manipulating audio I don't think I have come across a audio editing software better than Auditions. The thing that I absolutely love the most about Auditions is its ease of use when it comes to using multiple audio tracks to mix down the perfect sound.

What do you dislike?

I think people who create digital music will have issues as from my experience there is no support for MIDI or virtual instruments which does limit the experience to a extent. Another thing which I absolutely love about auditions is the batch processing as there are many occasions when I need to apply the same EQ to multiple audio files, Auditions makes it easy to achieve this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For people considering using Auditions the first thing I will say is to bare in mind that the software is probably better suited to post-production than music but the software still is a great software to deal with most audio editing requirements. In terms of the user experience for Auditions it is really user-friendly for anyone whether you are using the software for the first time or an expert user.

On a daily basis I voice record various talents and use Auditions to mix down all the voice overs or any audio editing request. I also like the fact that the software consolidates most-used tools in one panel making it really easy to reuse some of my favourite tools.

Audition review by Rachel W.
Rachel W.

"First audio editor I've ever used, will be hard to surpass"

What do you like best?

Audition has clear sound waves that make it distinguishable on where to edit. I started using it two months ago and felt like I knew its ins and outs within 2 weeks. Recording is a breeze. It converts to just about any format you need to use in media.

What do you dislike?

The point/click can easily mess you up when you're editing. It's better to use hotkeys, which Audition has plenty of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I learned how to navigate it within weeks. And taught myself how to use its many features. Whatever you can think of using during audio editing, Audition has features for it.

Soundbites and recording is through Audition. It is crystal clear to understand and easy to learn.

Audition review by Jack S.
Jack S.

"Not the best DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) but cerntainaly a good one!"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition is a great DAW, in my opinion it is best suited to making podcasts or radio shows. it has an easy learning curve and the monthly payment plan makes it easier on your wallet because you do not have to pay the full price right away, especially good for trialing the software for a few months. customer support is also great!

What do you dislike?

For now i will stick to Cubase, there is not nearly as many features as cubase or pro tools and some essential tools for me are missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best for Podcasts for radio work

Nothing because i have returned to Cubase

Audition review by Jim H.
Jim H.

"Problems with CC"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Multi track recording and editing. Easy control of each track. Volume and pan controls within the track and are easy to use. I can change volume within very short distances.

What do you dislike?

I do not like Audition CC filing system. It seems as if all of the Audition products have the same problem. The biggest and worst problems with Audition is their filing system. Everything else is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything works as it should, but a manual would be helpful. In my experience, it has a file problem. Adobe has to be checked and directed each time that it is used. Even if I am reopening a working file. It has a tendency to file in a previous location, rather than where I am working now. Now, Audition CC seems to decide on its own, to raid my files and place them somewhere else. Then I have to look for them and then they are refiled differently. No help from Audition, because they are not familiar with that problem. Tech help comes from India.

Don't have a business. I am a church soloist on a weekly basis. I prep my tracks for singing.

Modifying them as needed and as I am able. Some tracks do not lend themselves to changing, because of key changes and the background vocalists.

Audition review by Ayanna N.
Ayanna N.

"Great for tasks both big and small."

What do you like best?

Once you've got the hang of what you want to accomplish, it's easy to get in and out of this program efficiently. Whether I'm mixing an original track, or editing and exporting a pre-existing one, Audition is very handy.

What do you dislike?

If you're not majorly up to speed on the ins and outs of audio mixing software, it can be a bit intimidating to work with in the beginning. There are still some features I'm not fully aware of or familiar with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not sure of something, Google and YouTube are your best friends. Audition looks intimidating if you're not a huge music mixer, but it's definitely a time-saver as you get the hang of it.

Audition is great for when I need to make some simple edits to audio for videos, and having Premiere Pro makes the exporting even easier as they're both Adobe software.

Audition review by Varun S.
Varun S.

"Well balanced audio editing, mixing, recording software"

What do you like best?

for all my audio editing needs, adobe audition is the winner.

I use it to extract lyrics from instruments and i like that ! I also use it to add bass and trebble to some songs, use filter and remove noise. . Practically i can do anything in terms of audio like mixing two songs as well. I like this feature.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to use and needs a lot of time and devotion to understand and use the software The features need to be learnt with time and tutorials will be helpful but adobe doesnt have a lot of tutorial videos unless paid on third party websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it to mix songs and edit them ! Nice software but costly !

i mix songs, extract instruments and listen and learn to play them. This is really helpful to learn and use.

Recording songs, editing them is a child's play with audition !

Audition review by Mike D.
Mike D.

"Audition is the best in the biz!"

What do you like best?

Audition is one of the easiest audio editing solutions I've ever used for editing audio in a broadcast radio setting. I really appreciate the user friendly layout that's very intuitive. Also... as the software has been upgraded, it continually maintains the same feel. I also very much appreciate that the work space can be customized to see as much or as little as I want. I typically only want to see the files I'm working on and not much more.

What do you dislike?

I have really only two big gripes with Audition. First, it wasn't backward compatible. I had to initially run a separate program to change all my saved session files. Second... I wish when new versions of the software come out that previous stock presets were kept. There were some really awesome settings for things like compression, pitch change, etc that I loved that have gone away.

Audition helps me produce things like imaging elements and commercials for radio. It's a huge savior to be able to save sessions and come back to them, even if it's a year later because a client liked a particular commercial and potentially only needed minor revisions.

Audition review by Jonathan C.
Jonathan C.

"My favorite DAW for audio mixing."

What do you like best?

The Sound Eliminator effect removes unwanted audio sources from a recording. This effect analyzes a selected portion of a recording and creates a sound model, which is used to find and eliminate the sound.

You can use the tone deformer effect to change the tempo over a period of time to vary the tone.

It allows you multitrack work and group by clips.

Also, Audition allows you to save regular backup copies of your session files to avoid any loss due to power failures, locks or corrupt files.

What do you dislike?

At first can be confusing, it has to many options and can be difficult to handled it if you are starting from scratch. you must resort to several tutorials to familiarized with the software. Me personally don`t master it at all yet. I strictly use it for audio edit and mixing for what is great. But i like it, i feel that with some upgrades and pluggins this software could be in the upper echelon of the DAW.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I higly recomend it for audio edit and mixing. I would said that it is the best DAW for this task. But for the full music production i rather pick another option. To me Audition can be used as a complement if we talk of full music production. There is a 30 days free version, you should give it a try and go step by step with the tutorials.

I used it like a complement for my FL studio projects. It allows me edit and mixing the tracks and it definitely takes my work to the next level. I am developing my own music label, for this reason the projects has to be always "A1" and Audition always gave me a very professional result.

Audition review by David A.
David A.

"Audition is A Powerful Audio Editor"

What do you like best?

I have not run into much that Audition could not handle. From multi-track audio recordings, to editing audio in video productions, it is a robust solution. There is tight integration with the other Adobe Creative Suite applications as well.

What do you dislike?

I like most everything about the software. There has been a nice pattern of upgrades recently which keeps it moving forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would spend the time to get acquainted with all that the software can do. It is very robust and deep and the more time you spend the more you will get out of it.

I use the software as a stand along audio editor and as a solution with our video projects.

Audition review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"Fun program with a lot of capability"

What do you like best?

I work in radio and we use Adobe Audition almost exclusively for editing and packaging audio. You can really do a lot with the program and come away with really professional work.

What do you dislike?

It definitely takes some training to know what you're doing. Unlike some programs, I think it would be really difficult to sit down at Audition and just figure things out on your own. There is a lot you can do with the program but it 's hard to even know what it's capable of without some training of some sort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get some training before diving in! There are great resources online and through Adobe, don't just try to figure it out on your own. There are tons of capabilities but they are not necessarily intuitive.

We use Audition almost exclusively for our audio editing and packaging. It has really made our local news segments possible.

Audition review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Excellent tool for noise removal"

What do you like best?

I use the noise removal aspect of Audition the most frequently because it is so easy to use. You simply take an snippet of the noise as a sample and then remove that noise from the entire clip. For my videos, I edit in Adobe Premiere Pro and can export audio directly from my sequence into audition.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the dynamic link does not work for me when getting the audio back into Premiere. That requires that I export new audio files and replace the ones in my sequence. It is a work around that works for me right now, but on larger video projects I can see this being a major hassle. Especially since I have to do audio at the very end to ensure that the client does not change things around and make me re-do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm sure Audition does much more than the simple Noise Removal that I typically use. I'd suggest doing your research and watching some online tutorials of how to get the most out of it!

I am a video producer, so I use Audition to solve audio noise problems. In most microphones, there is a hiss that I do not like to hear, so I use Audition to clean up my audio. Having clean audio allows my videos to be heard without any distracting noises.

Audition review by Kyle E.
Kyle E.

"Everything I need for audio editing on the quick"

What do you like best?

It doesn't require many external components to use it. Right out of the gate, it's ready to go. It's especially helpful with editing on the fly. When time is of the essence, it has the tools that I need to quickly cut, chop, adjust, and publish audio. I love that Audition allows for 3rd party plugins to be used.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the presets on effects are usually either too strong, or not strong enough. It can often be hard to hear the difference you might get using a more expensive dedicated audio suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program to learn on. It is very forgiving, often giving as many undos as one might need.

Lately, we've been doing a lot more digital video work, requiring audio tracks to be cut or edited to fit within or accompany visuals. Audition's ability to drop video into the timeline allows for me to cut to a visual rather than matching keyframe queues, I can match actual video frames.

Audition review by Jaclyn G.
Jaclyn G.

"Love this program"

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to use and makes editing audio fast, painless, and great for any application. I love the multiple tracks feature and use that mostly for compiling many different songs together so that there is no harsh break in between them.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that going from single track to multiple track is hard to find as a new user. I have to remember where to find it every time I go on since I am not as frequent of a user. If that was a simple toggle it would be a much better user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this program, it is easy enough for new users to use, and complicated enough that seasoned pros can use it for any application as well.

I am creating audio for my after effects motion graphics and other video projects.

Audition review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"A Powerful and Simple DAW"

What do you like best?

I have always found Audition to be very easy to use - the interface is fairly straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Some of the commands and parts of the UI are not particularly intuitive, at least if you're coming from a video NLE background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A friend of mine recorded an entire album with Audition's multitrack mode, and I built a 5.1 surround soundtrack for a video with it - in short, it's powerful enough for whatever you need.

The audio editing capabilities far exceed that which is built into NLEs like Avid, so for more advanced audio control, I find Audition to be a good way to get professional results.

Audition review by Ashlie P.
Ashlie P.

"Exactly what I needed to record and edit quality audio clips!"

What do you like best?

That when I started looking for audio editing software for my meditation podcast, Stress Free Naturally, I already had it as part of my Adobe CC subscription. Not only was it there, but it was everything that I needed. It has more sound editing capabilities than I will ever use and was fairly simple to learn how to use for what I use it for.

What do you dislike?

Since it is such a robust software, there is definitely a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's included in Adobe CC and their software is so versatile that it's a no-brainer to get it. You'd be surprised how often the other software is applicable to your business. But the price of it for Audition alone makes it worth it.

I have been able to create an episode template for both of my podcasts and I can have an assistant easily do the editing, or if I do it myself, it takes less than 10 minutes which is a miracle!

Audition review by Sara T.
Sara T.

"Adobe Audition is Phenomenal"

What do you like best?

I love the extra control Adobe Audition gives you compared to Premiere. Don't get me wrong, Premiere Pro allows the user a lot of control over the audio, but there are many things that require fine-tune editing and layers upon layers of filters. Audition gives you that desired control. I am a video editor who mainly produces weddings and sometimes you need to do a lot of work to fix the audio so the client is happy with their vows or their speeches, etc. I also love how easily I can shift between Premiere and Audition through the dynamic link button. REVOLUTIONARY!!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's not a whole lot I dislike about Audition. Maybe the initial layout could be a little better, but it's also customizable, so you just have to do some work to make it look the way you want it to look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT!

Our shooters for our wedding sometimes don't do the best job of recording audio, so my job is to come in after the fact and fix all of their mistakes. Audition allows me to do that. Many times the audio is recorded at -30db and when you boost it to get it back to -6db, you get a lot of noise. Audition has an amazing noise reduction filter that preserves the quality of the sound while removing the terrible background noise. We wouldn't be able to save some of the weddings without it.

Audition review by Callista D.
Callista D.

"Great software for editing audio."

What do you like best?

Audition allows me to easily edit audio of all sorts and is very robust in its offerings.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything that I dislike about this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a creative suite user, this program is a great tool that is included in the bundle. This is the first audio editing software I ever learned how to use (13 years ago) and is still my go to product.

I have used this program for everything from adding foley to animation projects to editing narration for eLearning media. I love that I can do very simple edits like removing unwanted noise to very complex edits like piecing together syllables from other clips to form a new word in a piece of narration and have it blend so well that no one would know that I created it manually.

Audition review by Steve F.
Steve F.

"Best audio editing ever"

What do you like best?

I like being able to correct myself midsentence and go back to edit later.

What do you dislike?

When it crashes (maybe once a week), I lose everything I had not saved before the crash.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! Use the tutorials until you are comfortable, then use it as much as you can. Investigate the shortcuts! Everything about it is top notch. Compared to doing audio the old-fashioned way, using tape or even minidisc, this is FAR superior, and compared to Soundwave, the first digital audio software I used, this is much better.

I can create audiobooks to ACX (audible, amazon & itunes) standards.

Audition review by Matthew Q.
Matthew Q.

"High Quality Software For Audio Editing"

What do you like best?

The power of this software is the selling point for me. I generally use this software for editing audio for the videos I shoot or edit for clients and the ability to easily control and edit the audio from those video clips is just amazing. The power of the software in it's noise removal tools is superb and I am always surprised by the amount of clean audio I can get.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI can be a little cumbersome and overwhelming. I use the software mainly for a few different reasons and sometimes the other aspects of the software get in the way. Overall it's not bad, but sometimes the menus and settings can be more then it seems it needs and it can feel cluttered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend you give it a try and give it a chance. Audition is the best audio editing and mixing software I've used in a while.

I am able to solve the problem of sub-par audio. Clients will send me a video with audio they think is not recoverable and using Audition I can clean it up and make it workable. The benefits for me are a loyal client base and software I know I can rely on.

Audition review by Tim V.
Tim V.

"Robust Audio Editor Full of Correctional Features"

What do you like best?

Audition is a very robust audio editing program. Similar to softwares like Pro Tools, Audition allows for numerous audio tracks for projects like band recording. I like these features, but also appreciate the "clean up" features like noise filtering and clipping correction. This software seems to do everything I need, and will need, once I learn a little more about how to use it.

What do you dislike?

Audition is quite complex - almost too complicated for a native video editor like me. (This could be due to a learning curve I have not mastered yet.) Audition, like many of the Adobe suite products, are really designed for a large monitor (or dual monitor) set up, and the software modules can seem cramped on a monitor of only 22" or less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are using Audition as part of Adobe Creative Cloud, and love having this key audio software as part of the package. If you are using other softwares in the Adobe Suite, like Photoshop or Premiere, you should consider Audition as a great substitute for Pro Tools or similar. I think it helps to have an idea of how Adobe products are generally laid out; if you are used to that, you will already have a basic familiarity with Audition.

We've been working on a radio podcast, and Audition works very nicely for stacking audio tracks. Similar to the way Premiere works, but with much more flexibility of EQ, noice cleanup, and ambience. In addition to this new project, we use Audition to clean up and EQ video tracks from live music performances.

Audition review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Audition Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the Adobe Suite in general because it offers me so many programs for a reasonable price. Adobe is the best choice for audio editing when using the entire Adobe suite because everything runs seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

I think that on a Mac computer it can be tough to work the mouse and double click and some of the functionality. I also preferred the previous version of Audition over the latest version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe is the leader in audio editing programs and is used universally and should be learned by anyone with audio editing needs.

When editing down podcast, Adobe makes it easy to cut the file up and export for easy upload to my podcast host.

Audition review by Sam B.
Sam B.

"The right mixing tools for the job. "

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to import video and update my audio mixes with creative cloud dynamic link.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to remove sounds from tracks. To be more specific recording a sound/recording a sound snapshot, multiplying and reversing the audio wave to remove it. This is still something I'm working to figure out the work around in for this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch some tutorials and do some reading first. If you've used other software you just need to do a little searching around in the software to find the tools you're used to. From small to large projects this software can handle it all.

In promotions we have a quick turn around. With using dynamic link I can multitask and cutdown rendering/exporting time.

Audition review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Still the best, even though it has typical Adobe-related issues..."

What do you like best?

Audition has remained consistent. Unlike a lot of other products, the interfaces, tools, and ability to work in multitrack have remained unchanged. Features, however, are added with each release, and that's great when you work with audio regularly. Audition also offers filter options that I can seriously tweak... I mean SMALL settings. This is sometimes forgotten in audio software that's not considered full-on pro. I think more pros should consider Audition, and take it seriously. Ease of use alone makes it worthwhile to take a look at it, when there are so many cumbersome and difficult to use pro audio recording apps out there.

What do you dislike?

Major resource hog. Audition can shut down a machine like no one's business. PCs are particularly susceptible, however, a Mac with too little RAM can also be a victim. Bottom line is, if you are going to drive a lot of audio through your machine and use Audition, make sure you go well above and beyond the hardware Adobe says you need!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like all Adobe products, if you like one, use it and stick to it. Once you have something that works and works well, it's hard to really justify making a change in your audio recording software. Especially since Audition has so many tools and plugins available. Depending on what you are doing, Audition could be the best for you!

Audio enhancement of crummy WebEx recordings, editing for instructional videos, recording meetings with better audio gear, etc.

Audition review by Rodrigo Martin A.
Rodrigo Martin A.

"A great way to mix your audio while editing for a fastest workflow"

What do you like best?

I love the way how Audition integrates with the whole adobe suite, and the way you can edit everything and get the changes in your project right in the spot. You almost get the same functionality with Audition that you get with all other audio production software.

Being a project manager I got to work for a Blu-ray production live show and audition solved so many issues with the project, from the absurd mixing to the sincro and audio embellishment.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i get the feeling audition could get some better plugins o standardization and be a top level audio editing tool but i falls short to compression/speed rate to software like pro tools

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a software that can, in no time, help you start in the world of post production o audio production audition is a great tool to get you going.

Audio mixing, audio producción, multitrack production and video audio editing.

Audition review by Bob S.
Bob S.

"Excellent Audio Editing Software!"

What do you like best?

I've used Adobe Audition and it's previous forms for about 10 years now. The overall ease of seeing the wave forms right there in front of you is what I like the best about Audition. Also, since we record all the audio separately from the camera, Audition is a great tool to go in and tweak the audio's levels, as adding compressors.

What do you dislike?

I don't believe there is anything about Adobe Audition that I dislike. It has always performed very solid on a day to day basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some free audio editing applications out there, however none of them will give you the full package like Adobe Audition does. If you're looking for a clean, solid audio editing solution, then Adobe Audition is for you!

The ability to use compression presets, and adjusting audio levels prior to bringing it in to the video editing application has really saved me a lot of time. And time is money.

Audition review by William H.
William H.

"A podcaster's ultimate tool"

What do you like best?

Audition follows the standard Adobe UI layout, so you won't have many surprises using it. On my 2015 iMac with some extra RAM loaded on, it works smoothly and flawlessly.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit fiddly getting the hang of the various effects. It also inexplicably uses a different key shortcut for the razor than Premiere Pro, so that's annoying. You have to do an extra click when you ripple edit, and since you're forever cutting and ripple deleting, these both get annoying real fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this program if you want your podcast to sound the most professional it can be.

All the tools made available with Audition help me edit my podcast into something I can be proud to post.

Audition review by Matthew V.
Matthew V.

"I'm Not a Pro, But I Love Audition"

What do you like best?

I love the seamless integration with Premiere Pro, the powerful filters and equalizers, the amazing editing prowess, and the ease of use.

I am not a professional, but I found it easy to learn the basics with Audition fairly quickly. I started using it when editing video projects. Right-clicking on an audio track in the timeline allows you the option to open an audio clip in Audition to make edits and enhancements. When you save your changes, the newly edited audio replaces the old clip in Premiere Pro. Slick!

I'm impressed with the things I can do to reduce background noise, allowing me to improve recordings significantly. It won't make lousy audio great (not at my skill level), but I use it often to make lousy audio sound a lot better.

What do you dislike?

I have had no issue with Audition crashing, but occasionally I have seen (and heard) the integration with Premiere fail temporarily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Adobe Premiere Pro to edit video, you MUST have an use Audition. Bad sound can make an otherwise great video look terrible. And great sound can significantly improve a not-so-great looking video. Audition is not intimidating, and will let you do some pretty amazing things. You'll find some really helpful tutorial videos on YouTube to get you started if you are new to editing audio.

I have used Audition to edit audio for video projects, and for spoken word audio programs for sale online and for publishing on CD. I've used often it to significantly improve audio quality of not-so-great recordings.

Audition review by Sara C.
Sara C.

"Best for Recording"

What do you like best?

Personally, I really appreciate the way that tracks are exported. I don't have to set up any special preferences to ask separate recording sessions to save out as different track files. This makes editing a whole lot easier. Obviously that aside, this is a very professional and useful program.

What do you dislike?

When I open Audition I am always confused. Despite my years of using it, I am still thrown off. I believe it is the lack of organization in most of the workspace options. As I use Premiere a lot I tend to prefer the Audio to Video option more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though when new users first open this software and they will (no doubt) be confused, do not let it deter you from using this to at least record. There are step by step instructions that anyone can find online to tell you how to use the program for quick recording sessions. From there, and once you feel more comfortable with Audition, I would highly suggest to continue your learning on youTube or Lynda.com.

Mainly Audition is being used on the recording side of things with audio only needing a bit of edit through another program (simply because it is a more familiar one). The sound is clear and recorded at the sound level that is happening in real time, which has been an issue with other recording programs.Everything I need for recording is there and it would be beneficial if I could learn the audio effects as well.

Audition review by Christopher A.
Christopher A.

"An Industry Standard in Audio Editing"

What do you like best?

The incredibly intuitive operation and power of the tools in this software are to be expected by Adobe's suite of products, yet what is expected from Adobe is nothing short of a capability to achieve professional results easily and efficiently.

What makes Audition so amazing when it comes to editing audio is how simple and effective it is at doing so. You can easily splice and fade audio clips to your hearts content with the intuitive tool set that Audition provides. And if you find the existing interface lacking or interfering, you can always customize your work space or use presets to match your desired work environment. Additionally, there are entire lists of effects presets and custom form editors you could utilize to get that perfect sound that you are looking for relatively quickly. On top of this, you can work on a project in a variety of ways, be it stereo (two track, right and left) and mono (one track) as well as specify the bit rate of your project and much more.

With the amount of freedom you have with the editing tools, you can create multi-track mix-downs and cut and join audio clips as if they were LEGO bricks. For instance, if you wanted to create a song using audio samples, it is entirely possible to do so, by cutting the samples and snapping them together, adding effects to selections within the audio via the effects rack or drop down effects menu, editing out vocals using the spectral frequency display (essentially a display for the sound itself, a different view of the audio clip) , and synchronizing these samples with a video clip, you could have your new song and accompanying music video in a matter of hours, instead of an entire day.

However, Audition isn't just for editing audio samples, as mentioned above, you could edit audio in tandem with video clips, so you can view any film production and edit the sound clips to match the video and add stylistic effects to the aforementioned audio clips.

Once you have a finished product and it's time to export, Audition also provides a wide range of exporting formats and allows you to specify the sample or length to export in the work space. Additional exporting options include the final sample rate, format rate, as well as file format.

Audition provides an immense range of control over your audio project and allows you to edit details to a very fine level, guaranteeing seemingly perfect edits time and time again.

What do you dislike?

It should be noted that simplicity should not be confused with ease of use, as there is a slight learning curve involved to getting acquainted with all of the tools and features on Audition. However, this is only a minor inconvenience as the tools provided in this software are what give Audition its editing power. Get past the learning curve, and Audition will prove to be an easy to use tool.

And as a personal gripe, it would be doubly efficient and useful to be able to edit the video clips inserted into Audition as you are working on the audio file, as it would serve as a major convenience to multi-task and essentially power through a production in one program. But alas, that is what Premiere Pro and the rest of the Adobe creative suite are for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to adopt Audition as your main audio editing source, it is undoubtedly powerful and easy to use. However, as said earlier in the review, in order to find it easy to use, you must first get acquainted with the rather complex work space and tool sets that are provided in the software.

Once you learn the layout of the program, you will find that it is indeed incredibly easy to use, and rather simple to edit clips to your heart's content.

When I need to make an audio edit for a song, or create the audio for a video project I'm working on, naturally, I turn to Audition because of the speed at which I can test effects and review footage in tandem with the audio and create a final result that meets my expectations and allows me free time to review the entire project as a whole. In other words, when it comes to usage in a pipeline, Audition's speed makes it an unparalleled tool for editing audio when on a deadline or creating a proof of concept quickly and reliably.

Audition review by User in Music
User in Music

"Great Features"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition is a great one stop audio editing software. Previously, I would use a regular DAW to edit my film audio, and the plug-ins within them. But Adobe Audition has several built in tools which refine audio impurities, and adds audio effects with a great ease of use. I found audition great value for money, considering plug ins for DAW software will cost you the same, if not more for just one of the features Audition provides.

What do you dislike?

Unless you already have a pretty good knowledge of audio editing, like other adobe programmes, there can be a learning curve with Audition. I would also prefer if it weren't as buggy when it comes to interacting with Adobe Bridge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really have a look into some audio engineering basics to ensure the best outcome. Audition is a very powerful software, and I can assure you, it is definitely better value for money in the long run.

The cross over between all the Adobe Programmes, with such a high quality output is very impressive. It has really helped with my workflow, and ensured I have a professional out come every time.

Audition review by Diogo V.
Diogo V.

"Use it for sound design and mixing my motion design projects"

What do you like best?

I like the easiness of most of the tools. It's a very intuitive software. I love the fade tool, the stretch and retime tool and I find the noise reduction tools very good. The presets for some common task are very helpful and a good starting point. The fact that I can play and sync my video projects inside the software is great.

The spectral analysis is very helpful regarding noise removal.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that we can only create a single video track per project. It should be able to put more than one video simultaneously that we could turn on and off.

I think it could have more effects regarding sound generation.

It's more of a mixing software instead of a production software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For sound mixind/sound design it's a great tool and very easy to use. Will solve most of a videographer and motion designers common audio problems.

I can solve most mixing and sound design problems that comes in my way. Very intuitive and works best with other adobe cloud apps.

Audition review by Juliano F.
Juliano F.

" An Audio Editing Tool Very Robust"

What do you like best?

- Support for various input and output audio formats;

- Very easy to use;

- Many effects to apply;

- Very robust and reliable.

- Some features are really well positioned within the tool, even those who never used will be able to do simple things.

What do you dislike?

- Some functions are not so easy to access. Perhaps the large number of functions that the program has.

- If you do not use much this kind of tool, its price may be a little bit high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an average user in audio editing, this tool will have everything you need and more. You can cut, edit, mix, add nice effects to your audio and music files. You'll aldo export for various audio formats with so many option. This is undoubtedly the most complete audio editing tool I have ever used. If you are professional, i believe that you will have lots of cool stuff to do with it.

I am not an advanced user on audio editing. I use this tool for editing some tracks for the production of my games. Many independent producers of games are like me, do everything in their games, but in the talking about audio, really need an easy to use tool, that's why I use this.

Audition review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"Perfect for Audio Editing and Recording"

What do you like best?

I have to admit i haven't used previous older versions but i have used the CC of Audition and its awesome.

I like that i can have the flexibility to do audio editing and still be on the same software where i have all my presets and tools to make my own multi tracks. From what i enjoy the most is its features and tools.

I like that it has synthesized for audio speeches, fast rendering and editing engine. One thing i love is its ability to protect my audio.

What do you dislike?

When i first started using this, i was unfamiliar with previous versions and found it difficult to use. I was lost most of the time and had to lookup and research on where to find what i was looking for as in a tool. A big help was youtube, since i saw how people made tips and guides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a good computer with plenty of cpu power. If your new to using Audition, a big help that i found useful was youtube guides. At first it looks overwhelming but focus on one section and the tools become easy to use. There are helpful blogs and websites but since i am a visual learning, i found it a whole lot easier to watch and learn.

not much of any issues. it does consume lots of resources so hope you have plenty of ram and processing power for cpu.

Audition review by Jon J.
Jon J.

"Perfect audio tool for those who are active Premiere and AfterEffects users"

What do you like best?

Adobe makes great software. Period. The interface is super easy to use, but yet not oversimplified as this is an audio tool for serious users. I like having the ability to take audio files that i've recorded from a shoot and have the ability to edit them in super detail before putting them into a project. I use audition often to strip vocals from music and it does it quite well.

What do you dislike?

With any adobe software there is a bit of a learning curve. but they have plenty of online materials and tutorials to help you learn it. You won't hear too many people complain about audition. it's good stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're used to using something else, at least give it a try. Plus if you're an Adobe user, it's just a part of CC. Download the app and give it a shot. I'm pretty positive you won't be disappointed.

I'm in a field where we need to design and produce several different flavors of marketing and promotional material in the form of video, animation, and audio. When dealing with professional voice-over, having the tools audition provides to edit and fine tune the audio for production is worth it's weight in gold.

Audition review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"Great, for both amateurs and professionals"

What do you like best?

As I work in a web agency, I find myself regularly needing to edit sound snippets for certain parts of websites. Adobe audition has advanced in recent years, allowing for integration with other software in the CC suite such as Premiere Pro as well as keeping the user interface consistent across all the software n more recent versions.

I like how simple it is to drop in a file, edit, snip change how desired and export in a matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

The software alone is very pricey, however I have it included with my CC plan. Another issue is the lack of support for new users. I think that Adobe could provide tips to help new users understand the software better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend taking a quick tutorial online from websites like Linda.com to get a little more familiar with the project.

We use this software at the agency I work for to edit short sound snipped for web applications. This is not a frequent necessity, but when we need to do it Audition is the first port of call and does the job how we want it to.

Audition review by Jonathan C.
Jonathan C.

"Great product for video workflow and the casual user."

What do you like best?

I like that Adobe Audition has changed over time. Useability shortcuts, non-destructive effects, and integrations with video timelines from Adobe Premiere are why I use this product. In the end, it gets the job done even if you are an amateur. I have used Audition since the first version I used in high school. Though I don't consider myself a pro user, I do get my money's worth from Audition. From voiceovers and soundtracks to foley and sound effects, Audition is a great choice if you're already in the Adobe ecosystem.

What do you dislike?

The integrations with video are good when you want to add in sound effects or time music to the pace of a project. What I wish and dislike is having to render a mixdown every time I want to bring audio into premiere pro or after effects. It seems like a natural advancement with where the Adobe video tools are headed. At the moment, there is an odd one-way kind of interchange with the product that you can start from Premiere Pro.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already familiar with other DAW programs, Audition's features may only be attractive due to its relationships with other Adobe products.

Audition allows me to have a DAW for my video workflow. Where I am already invested in the Adobe app ecosystem, I don't have to invest in other expensive DAWs. It already comes with my other applications and it lowers my overhead and by extension the costs to my clients.

Audition review by User in Music
User in Music

"My thoughts on Adobe Audition"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition CC is a great audio editing tool. I mostly use it to edit recorded audio for Radio Commercials. Its versatility in plugins make it a very powerful tool and at the same time, pretty easy to use. The good thing about the cloud it that you work is always backed up. The interface is very user friendly, you can customize it to your personal needs and preferences.

Its easier to use than most DAWs.

What do you dislike?

The pricing. The whole Adobe Suite is a little expensive for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking to a great audio editing tool, this is it.

Edit audio for TV commercials fast and easy.

Audition review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Seamless Integration with Premier"

What do you like best?

By far the best is Audition's ability to integrate seamlessly with Adobe Premiere. Sending audio between the two programs is a breeze. The UI is very intuitive and helps keep projects organized effortlessly. In addition the time-stretch works great for changing the speed of an audio clip without affecting the pitch, with far less artifacting than compared to Apple Logic.

What do you dislike?

Some of the plugins were a bit buggy. The biggest offender was the single band compressor, which from time to time would cause the software to force quit unexpectedly, losing all me work from the last save. This problem seems to have been addressed with and Apple OS update, however it's worth noting in case any other updates cause similar issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at the plugins that are included and make sure it covers all your needs. If not keep in mind the pricing of third party ones when deciding. Also, save early and often.

Audition's integration has greatly improved the speed with which we can get spots out to air. The ability to send audio mixes back and forth between Audition and Premiere is so much more convenient than our previous workflow. The time-stretch implementation also helps us fit lengthy audio clips into time restrictions (such as disclaimer VO's), with much better results than our previous software.

Audition review by Amos J.
Amos J.

"Powerful DAW with strong organisational and exporting tools."

What do you like best?

As with all Adobe products, Audition provides excellent customisability of the software's layout, which is essential for creating an efficient workflow. The plethora of powerful audio processing tools, coupled with the virtual rack system, allow for quick and effective audio editing. Furthermore, the inclusion of a multitrack editor makes this product perfect both for audio manipulation and production of soundscapes, music and other complex audio products. The simplicity of the multitrack editor and the multitrack mix down process is very important when using this product. You can very easily cut and mix your audio, applying effects to each track and exporting many different products (e.g. stereo, 5.1 or more).

What do you dislike?

The file system of Audition is, in some ways, lacking. The file pane shows a linear list of files included in the project. There is often confusion when files need to be conformed to the project parameters, leading to either destructive editing of the original files or needless duplicates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is very fully featured (not a bad thing). If you are looking for a simple audio editor, you may wish to try out Audacity or something similar as it is not worth paying for software with lots of features you don't require.

Solving the problem of requiring well mixed and well edited sound effects. The benefits of this product include a shallow learning curve, powerful exporting tools for any situation and a familiarity if you've ever used Adobe products before.

Audition review by Trevor C.
Trevor C.

"This is a great product that is easy to get started with. Makes removing noise from video a breeze."

What do you like best?

Audition is a great tool to use for even the simplest sound related projects. I have used it mostly to clean up the audio in my videos and it works like a charm. Simple to use keyboard shortcuts can turn what used to be up to a ten minute process for me into a 30 second process. I also love the ability to film video and record audio separately and then match them up later on. Audition also mirrors the rest of the Adobe creative suite by allowing you to place Audition files directly in to premier. You don't have to save them differently or anything. It really does make the whole process so much easier. I learned how to use audition simply by watching videos online.

What do you dislike?

Overall I have felt like there are much deeper uses for this product but most of the tutorials I have found for it are fairly simple and don't give me much help. I have also noticed occasional crashing if you are working with several files open but that has mostly been fixed through patches and regular updates to the creative cloud as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using audition in conjunction with premier and after effects. These products are simply made to work together and you will notice the the road to making videos is much easier using them than separate products.

The main thing I have benefitted from with Audition is that it makes my videos so much more professional. I can easily shoot on site and know I will be able to remove background noise. It is super simple to record separate audio and match it up to the video you have filmed earlier with this product as well.

Audition review by Reed B.
Reed B.

"Audition should be a staple in everyone's audio recording setup"

What do you like best?

Audition is one of the most user friendly and intuitive software programs I have ever ever used. Whether you're multi-tracking a live band or editing an interview conversation radio or a podcast, Audition and its default plugins are incredibly reliable. It's EQ and compressor plugins are easy to use and allow for amazing sounding mixes. The sort of "heat map" for editing out certain frequencies of an audio clip is incredible and does a great job of not deteriorating the original sound.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to say if there's much I dislike about Audition. It's just such a solid program. There was a long while when Audition was not available for Mac which made me very sad, but now that problem has been fixed!

I have used it to record many records for different bands. It's hard to make a bad sounding record on Audition unless you have no idea what you're doing. The editing capabilities, the EQs, and compressors allow for some professional quality mixing without splurging on a lot of gear.

Audition review by Aaron H.
Aaron H.

"Try it out"

What do you like best?

Audition has a relatively intuitive interface that makes it easy to record and edit sound files. It works great for capturing voice overs and instrument samples. Many of the filters are excellent and really improve the over all end product. I especially enjoy the ability to edit sound along side a finished video. The paramatic EQ in particular is astoundingly good.

What do you dislike?

There are some filters and features that are available only if you edit or duplicate the original file. Most of my editing is done using the multitrack model. However, occasionally for more sophisticated filters I occasionally need to use that feature, which can throw off the workflow. Additionally, the midi integration is not as good as some others. I don't use audition for composition, which is fine. This is much better for just doing recordings or samples than trying to create original compositions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would at the very least check it out. Audition has many if not most of the features you would expect from a recording and sound editing software for a fraction of the price.

I mostly use audition for doing voice over and sound mixing for video. It is excellent to be able to import the video file to do edits. I frequently will use the Multiband compressor, paramatic eq, and some of the other enhancers in order to bring greater clarity to my voice. This saves a lot of studio time and exctra editing.

Audition review by David S.
David S.

"For video editors, it doesn't get better."

What do you like best?

What I love about Audition is how it's designed with video editors in mind, and not necessarily sound professionals. While pro tools (no pun intended) are there, everything is arranged to feel familiar to video editors. For filmmaking teams of 1, this is a big deal.

Certain features are life-savers for everyday editing tasks. Remix automatically analyzes music and finds loopable or removable sections to get a song to fit any time. Retime intelligently adjusts the speed of a piece of audio—a line of voice over, for example—and lets you adjust the length while keeping pitch and overall feel natural. This is great for ADR.

The sound reduction and noise removal features in Audition are truly unbelievable at times. Nothing beats getting it right when shooting, but this can come close!

Even simple features are helpful for my work, like generating a robot voice to a script, keeps me from having to listen to my voice as scratch audio while I wait for a voice over artist.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue with Audition is it's lack of integration into the Dynamic Link world of Adobe video products. What this program needs is a Dynamic Link workflow exactly like After Effects and Premiere have, where you can send a handful of clips to Audition, and have a single track in Premiere automatically update with changes in the Audition multitrack file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, don't be intimidated if you don't understand EQs, mixing, ADR workflow, or any other audio thing. I'm learning, too, but there's a lot to use without being a full audio pro. Don't be intimidated, Audition has plenty to offer you.

Second, like any program, take some time to find tutorials and get used to the interface. Get to know Audition features, like Noise Removal, Remix, Retime, and more.

Third, read this post: http://vashivisuals.com/5-eq-audio-for-video-tips-for-filmmakers/ Wonderful information in that blog.

The primary business problem this solves is saving me time. Remix, one of the newest features, is all about that.

Audition review by Rob F.
Rob F.

"This is the second best audio editing system after pro tools"

What do you like best?

There is an advantage for those of us that dabble in mixed media to keep the brands of software the same. So using Adobe Premiere along with Audition and add in some Photoshop can make your mixed media project much easier.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is high. This is NOT a kids program nor is it an amateur program. This is a high end software package that can take you from beginning to end of your audio project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an expert software package. Not for amateurs unless you plan to spend some time learning.

There was no problem being solved but I do use this to clean my podcasts audio, add intros and endings to my audio and master the sound.

Audition review by Oisin A.
Oisin A.

"Great for audio editing and processing, not so great as a DAW"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition is great for quick processing of audio files, including creation of experimental sounds for use in both film and music. It has a lot of high quality plugins built in, and very good support for creating multichannel audio (5.1 for example).

It is also a decent tool for mastering mixdowns of songs.

What do you dislike?

As a digital audio workstation (DAW) I find its multitrack feature for really lacking for mixing music. The interface and tools aren't as intuitive as other DAWs, and the support for VSTs and midi is something that could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Audition has it's uses. If you're looking to generate sounds and process audio it does a great job.

If you're looking to create music however, I think Logic, Pro Tools and Nuendo do a much better job as a multi-track editor

I have had audio files which need noise reduction and cleanup, and audition is great for this. It also has wide support for various audio formats and so is good as a conversion tool.

Audition review by Shawn S.
Shawn S.

"Adobe Audition - All in one"

What do you like best?

The ability to actually edit single audio tracks and then IF NEEDED you can MULTI-TRACK EDIT! Something that the now owned Sony Sound Forge has not seemed to have grasped onto yet. With the ability to link with the Adobe CC suite while editing via Premiere Pro and After Effects, this is a huge time saver!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much I can say that is a negative with this software package. It is pretty well laid out, responsiveness is pretty quick. Of course that depends on your system and the size of the file you are editing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the very least, download the trial version. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

In lieu of needing to jump from one program to another and then save and import etc., you are able to do it all within the Adobe Suite. Saves me a lot of time!

Audition review by Donald D.
Donald D.

"Another integrated product by Adobe"

What do you like best?

I'm primarily working in Premiere when I'm editing and audition is just a click away right off the timeline. Actually, I rarely launch Audition directly; it's most powerful as an integrated supplement to PP.

That said, I primarily use Au to fix audio pops, which it does really nicely, but doesn't perform as well as protools or even RX3. It lacks the file handling that Avid touts, but it's easy to see that in the near future Adobe will have all the integrated apps under one roof and that will solve the file handling issues between PP, PS, AE, AI, AU, etc. It's only a matter of time.

What do you dislike?

I'm surprised that the filetypes Adobe is using is an updated saved copy of the audio file after I make edits in it through PP. Instead of an additional XML file, the the duplication can result in quickly eating up disk space, depending on your audio files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're editing video in PP it's a fast addition that builds onto Adobe. If you're working on audio directly and not through Adobe premiere, go with Protools, especially if you're running through hardware.

PP's audio plug ins and audio editing interface (the effects manager) doesn't cut it

Audition review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Audio editing with multitrack "

What do you like best?

I can work cross platform from Adobe Premier or Adobe After Effects to Audition, allowing me to easily access and open the audio track. Has great multitrack recording and audio restoration abilities. I use it a lot to remove unwanted noise in my video editing. Has big library of audio effects that comes with the software as well as many third party plugins for extra support.

What do you dislike?

Does not have virtual instruments or MIDI tracking. I use the tool purely for audio editing and restoration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Audition is incredibly powerful and easy to pick up. It has all the functionality of an audio editing program with intuitive, clean, customisable layout. If you are a video editor or motion graphic designer and use Adobe After Effects or Premier a lot, then I would highly recommend Audition as your primary audio editing software.

I use the tool mainly for editing audio and restoring audio track. Its quick and fast and does the job perfectly. Does not have to to be an audio precessional to be able to use it.

Audition review by Eugene F.
Eugene F.

"Great program for audio and video editors."

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of Audition. It's fairly easy to learn and use, and works really well. One the best things about Audition is that it's apart of the Adobe family, and with that comes easy cross editing between programs. If you're using Premiere Pro and need some more comprehensive audio editing options, you can quickly and easily open the videos audio in Audition, edit it, and plop it back into Premiere.

What do you dislike?

It's fairly silly, but I dislike the new default work space, only a little bit though. However it's very easy to customize it so it's not the biggest of deals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the Adobe CC there's absolutely no reason to not use Audition. It's a fantastic audio editor,

We recently had some radio interference during a call for a show, I was able to remove the noise completely without losing audio quality. Saved the episode! I've also shown people how to record with it, a feature that many newcomers to the program might not know about. Saved them from using other programs and saved them time with editing because they were already using Premiere.

Audition review by Pablo S. V.
Pablo S. V.

"An excellent product, with many powerful built-in features."

What do you like best?

I know this product even before it was acquired by Adobe, and being enhanced by that company.

And all the features it has are very useful.

It posses a great user interface (UX), good speed in all it's features (like when you convert from one sampling rate to another), very clear multitrack view (easy to manage), stability.

And it exports to many popular audio formats effortlessly.

It handles the data using 32-bit floating point accuracy.

Also, it protects the original source in a way that you don't have to put much attention to data-entropy problems while manipulating your sounds and/or music.

What do you dislike?

While Audition is part of the Adobe suite or family of creativity products, I've always felt like this was left alone.

It's not very integrated with the other applications.

You can usually "fire it up" from any other Adobe products for audio manipulation, but in a very basic open/save level... I don't feel there's too much exchange of data, as it is in other products (specially metadata).

Also, the update frequency / quality doesn't follow my expectations: it isn't bad, but it could be certainly better.

Many other products are constantly patching their products, but the update process for Audition is relatively slow, and yes, it has its bugs (like any other software). So there's room for improvement here.

More easy integration with VST is seriously needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick to Audition, while it may deserve more attention from Adobe, they keep a close eye on it and they'll keep improving it. And you'll receive immediate benefits, with an easy learning curve. I certainly recommend it.

I was able to master and was (is) an integral part of my daily work:

it is being used by me for mastering, effect sound creation, sound "polishing" (in professional songs) and for personal files (family videos for example).

Things like "Clicks and Pops" are very well and efficiently erased/reduced using adaptive algorithms, the EQs (plural) and built-in dynamic EQ is very useful and very fast, with a fantastic preview button in almost any feature offered by the product.

I've solved many problems thanks to its great speed and built-in filters and functionality.

It allows to work faster, so I can focus better... my productivity increases by 100% in comparison to other similar products (and I know many of them)

Audition review by Pete Eugene G.
Pete Eugene G.

"Audition: Great program, for a price"

What do you like best?

The best part about Adobe audition is how it really caters to sound designers and people who create podcasts. Their are a lot of audio recording programs out there, but most are specifically designed to record music on them. This is an amazing program for anyone familiar with Adobe products (Similar functions and very compatible)

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I have with this program is that it requires you too pay a monthly subscription. I'm not sure I would be able to justify paying for a program that I may not even use once a month. At $20 a month you end up spending $240 a year!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford the monthly payment's and will be using the program very frequently....it's definitely worth it. For beginners I would suggest a different program that isn't as expensive.

I love how compatible this program is with the other Adobe products. I'm a video editor by trade and when I edit using Adobe Premiere I make sure to use this for lots of audio edits.

Audition review by Tim K.
Tim K.

"For Dialoge editing works great"

What do you like best?

Easy workflow to get used to, easy to use plugins. I'm using it primarily for audio VO and Radio editing, so the ability to move audio in and out of Premiere is great. I use the iZotope RX suite with it, and it works as expected. And, frankly, I'm already paying for it in the Creative Cloud, so I'm glad it meets my needs with no additional cost.

What do you dislike?

it's a beefy application, so it sometimes feels like overkill for trimming heads and tails of an interview. It takes a minute or so to start up on my 2 year old macbook pro, which is fine if I have a big session to work on, but for an edit that takes 5 minutes, it slows me down.

The other gripe I have is I have to put a file into a Multi-track session to do most of the splices I want to do. A stereo single file session has limited editing options. I get why that is the case, but it just makes an extra step for me when I have some quick splicing to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already have an Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription, try it before you go buy another product. It's not the same as Pro Tools, but for what I do it's a great solution.

Editing audio files for video and audio recordings, de-noising dialogue, and compressing/format converting audio files. The major benefit is that I already have the license through Adobe Creative Cloud, so I don't have to find or buy an additional product.

Audition review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"The audio counterpart to the Adobe Creative Suite Family"

What do you like best?

It has everything you'd expect from a high-end audio editor: buses, mixes, multitrack capabilities and powerful effects. However, the thing that makes this perfect for us is that it integrates with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to open a new multitrack without having to create a folder full of small files. Sometimes I want to open a new session and throw it away without cluttering up my disk.

I also find that it sometimes struggles when recording from Dante Virtual Soundcard, something that Logic Pro X didn't seem to have a problem with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can't afford it, definitely go with Audacity -- it's the best free option by far. However, this is really good for anything to do with filmmaking. It also is a good general-purpose DAW. Logic is better optimised for performance on Macs, though.

This is great for when I choose Premiere to edit a project and want really fine control over the different audio tracks flying around - it lets you do so much more than you can with just a video editor.

Audition review by Vincent R.
Vincent R.

"A geat tool if you want to stay within Adobe. "

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of the program, as well as the great built in tools that quickly get the job done. In addition, just like the other Adobe products now built into creative cloud, you can seamlessly work within Audition and have it apply directly to your project through the linking system without the need to export/import..

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Audition. It's a powerful program that has so far allowed me to make any necessary audio adjustments or add effects. Audio is not my strongest area, so I like that Audition is simple enough that I can easily do what I need to do, but powerful enough to get more complicated jobs done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great audio editing program, and are already satisfied with Adobe's other amazing products, I would definitely recommend giving Audition a shot. It's not as well known as the bigger ones like ProTools, but its ease of use and powerful tools will not disappoint.

The fact that Audition is built into the Adobe suite and links between projects greatly improves my productivity. Instead of opening a different audio program (pro-tools for example), working on my project, exporting the audio, and then importing it where I need it to go, I simply send the audio to Audition from Premiere Pro for example, work on it, and it saves directly back to my Premiere Pro project. This allows me to make adjustments, add effects, or do anything I need to do quickly and efficiently. On top of that, Audition does a great job even when used as a standalone program.

Audition review by Yannick R.
Yannick R.

"Good all rounder"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of Audition, I tried it because it was a part of the adobe suite which is something I use. What I like best about Audition is the interface, it's very customizable once you get the hang of it.

What do you dislike?

Audition personally didn't wow me too much when I used it. It crashes from time to time.. I didn't find it as feature filled as pro tools as a industry standard. the learning curve felt a bit high, especially since i use other audio editors. I also felt the save feature was limited, and installing hardware to use with the application was a bit difficult. A lot of times as well Audtion would loose wavforms saved into sessions when I reoped them. some takes were just missing that I didn't move.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would rather tell you to use Logic, Studio1 or Protools if possible

Audition was really just an affordable option for when I need to record some music. I wouldn't call myself particularly impressed with the application, moreso than it's reliable enough to get the job done and i'm used to it.

Audition review by User in Computer Software

"It certainly has everything I need, and more."

What do you like best?

As someone who has at least dipped his toe into the old school of slicing reel-to-reel tape with a razor blade and then taping it back together, non-linear audio editing is absolutely a game-changer. But that goes without saying... these days, that's all there is. Still, I used this back when it was called CoolEdit, and aside from ProTools, it's one of the most powerful systems out there. The multitrack functionality works quite well, and as far as actually modifying sound is concerned, this has virtually everything I need: EQ, noise reduction, normalization, plus tons of fun and silly effects that will have novelty appeal but go largely unused (at least for me).

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve, but that's to be expected. I would love more of a "rookie" function for some features -- one-touch audio cleanup for people who may not know all the jargon or what certain tools do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For serious audio editing, also give ProTools a trial run.

We create podcasts, and this gives us the ability to (relatively) quickly and easily pull audio from multiple sources, edit it together, and export to any format we like.

Audition review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"My Review Of Adobe Audition"

What do you like best?

It's bounds and leaps improved from Adobe Soundbooth. Cleaning up audio static is a bonus and there are a lot of great sound effects.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it saves separate files when creating new tracks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far it seems to get the job done. This program replaced Soundbooth and is much better, and doesn't crash.

It helps me to create audio for promotional videos. I'm still learning about the benefits.

Audition review by Gustavo B.
Gustavo B.

"The best option besides pro tools"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Audition is that you can work in conjunction with Adobe Premier. This allow me to edit a piece and send it right to for an audio session. I also like how is easy is to record audio.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the software is very buggy wich scares me a lot, ususlally you a re ina recording session and if the Audition crash you might loose the audio files

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have the proper server as well a good audio set up

I work in a advertising agency and the ability to record scratch voice over so quiucly and easy with Adobe audition helps to drive ourt business better.

Audition review by Megan V.
Megan V.

"Good for sound recording and editing"

What do you like best?

I like using Audition for recording sound and editing sound clips to export and use elsewhere. I also mainly use Audition to convert audio files to different types. The Multitrack form is really great for combining and editing multiple clips.

What do you dislike?

Setting up Audition to work correctly with microphones and speakers can be difficult because it doesn't seem to save your settings so you always have to check. It is also easy to make mistakes while recording such as using mono instead of stereo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check your settings before you change or do anything that could be irreversible especially if you are recording. Otherwise it is very useful for precise editing and file conversion.

Audition helps me record and export clips, edit sounds I already have, and convert audio files to meet my needs.

Audition review by Ana Virginia R.
Ana Virginia R.

"Great tool and very intuitive"

What do you like best?

- It's very intuitive. You can switch between different interface layouts which is great because some of us are not actually experts on sound design.

- Great audio restoration abilities. I use it for every video i make, because i tend to do interviews and it really helps cleaning the sound, making it clearer without spending too much time, as there are specific tools to help you do it.

- Before and after views: it helps a lot to hear what a process did to your sound before you applied it.

- Multitrack editing is great when you have to mix voice and music.

- The spectral editor is quick and so easy to use. You can use a Spot Healing Brush just like you would do on Photoshop.

What do you dislike?

- It's a bit pricy if you don't use it often. It could have more effects to create sounds.

- There's an important learning curve, although you have many tutorials to help you out.

- There is confusion when you are constantly updating a file you are using on premiere, leading to needless duplicates, (so many!)

- Audition have been one of the most valuable tools for our video ads, as we tend to make a lot of interviews, mixing music and voiceover.

- It has simplified the processing of videos and has shortened the time we use for editing.

- Our videos are way more professional that before, as we are able to clear ir from noises and mic faults. The editing tool allow us to make some professional mixing without being experts on sound mixing.

Audition review by Kevin P.
Kevin P.

"LOVE LOVE LOVE this software"

What do you like best?

This software is powerful. I can do simple edits or I can completely master a track. It does everything I need for audio in video

What do you dislike?

The software takes a little time to learn, but there is nothing I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with all Adobe products, have a plan, and be patient. Audition has the tools you need, you may just have to search for them at first.

I am a videographer and I use Audition all the time to clean up my audio. I can take an "ok"audio track and turn it into a "phenomenal" audio track

Audition review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Improvements Upon Improvements, Audition is the King of DAWs"

What do you like best?

I've been using Audition since the Cool Edit Pro days and I've always liked this product. I have to clean up a lot of my video' production's audio files and I've always been able to get the sound that I desire.

What do you dislike?

This software can eat the resources if you're not careful. Not as much as resource hog as compared to After Effects or Premiere, but it resource creep can be an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're used other DAWs in the past, then you'll be set. All the tools, effects, filters, etc that you would expect are all there.

Audio Clarity for video productions,

Audition review by JD A.
JD A.

"A solid choice for audio recording"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to get raw audio into the system. It works very well with USB recording boards and various sound formats. I also like how well integrated it is with Premiere. Using it is a must if doing any sound work.

What do you dislike?

I feel the interface has a bit of a learning curve due to the amount of menus. Once you get past it, it works very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not in the Adobe ecosystem yet, consider looking into the new DaVinci Resolve. It is now very affordable, and has a perpetual license.

Audition's direct connection to Premiere allows for a smoother workflow than if I used a separate program.

Audition review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Audition Rocks!"

What do you like best?

Easy enough that a beginner can make great audio, complex enough you can make professional grade audio.

What do you dislike?

Audition needs more Vanilla plugins, I often have to go to third party's to get effects, like auto tune.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Audition is a powerful tool to help you with all your sound editing needs, but in order to fully accomplish this, know what plugins you need before you purchase.

I do professional voiceover work and have to get projects done with peak performance often in as little time as 30 minutes.

Audition review by Robert F.
Robert F.

"A somewhat complex audio mixing solution"

What do you like best?

I like the robustness of Audition's toolset.

What do you dislike?

The features and interface are very hard to learn coming over from a program like Premiere. It seems a lot easier to do rudimentary audio mixing in Premiere than to use Audition's tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Audition is a good tool if you have the time to put in to learn all the in's and out's of the interface and effects. However, if you are more concerned with editing, this software has a very steep learning curve that you may not be interested in for time investment.

Mixing audio of interviews, adding music to videos, and mixing podcasts.

Audition review by Sergio S.
Sergio S.

"Sounds of 5 stars"

What do you like best?

I do like being able to edit a small part of a track with no hassle. The program has a lot of power for the crazy composer or the simple editor like me. Ive used this multiple times for tv production and mobile production This is a great tool.

What do you dislike?

The UI can me intimidating but it is easy to use once you learn the basics. The program take a while to load. At least on my machine but it works fine after.

We solved alot of Soundtracks using this powerful tool. It was essential in our graphics department and we were able to fix the videos with ease.

Audition review by Almog A.
Almog A.

"Audition makes post production sound easy for Premiere Pro users"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of switching from Premiere Pro to Audition in bringing in all the sound assets. It makes the post production workflow much more streamlined.

What do you dislike?

When there are a lot of sound elements and many tracks in place, Audition can sometimes crash. Generally, however, the autosave feature saves all the work

Creating a more streamlines post production process in order to create more videos.

Audition review by Russell M.
Russell M.

"Audition is a very versatile and user friendly application"

What do you like best?

The integration from Premiere to Audition makes complex audio editing a snap without losing any quality. I really like this feature as it saves time in post production. The intuitive tools and the variety of prebuilt effects promote quicker edits. This also encourages users to break out of the regular eq's and compressors to discover new ways to get the sound they are looking for. These tools and presets are very impressive to me and have allowed me to create new sounds. I also like how I can create custom presets and effects that I can save in a custom library and use on multiple projects.

What do you dislike?

Some of the audio tools are hard to find. Sometimes going back to premiere is a bit clunky so as with all things save often. Another thing that I wish was easier in Audition is the application of some of the effects. It can be very confusing sometime when you are tring to create complex compression sequences and audio effects having to use the system of buses and tracks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Audition is a very versatile and useful audio tool that can speed up your workflow.

Being an advertising company we require quick turn aroung times and don't have alot of time for audio mixing. The intuitive tools and packaged presets make turing audio into professional level a breeze. The best thing about Audition is fully intrgrated with other Creative Cloud simplifying your workflow and most importantly saving your company time and money.

Audition review by Megan P.
Megan P.

"Great program for editing audio!"

What do you like best?

Audition is really user friendly and the range of effects/edits it offers is really great! I use Audition to edit my audiobooks along with editing music for book trailers.

What do you dislike?

The exporting process can be a pain depending on the file type I'm using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are getting into audio editing at all, I would definitely suggest trying Audition out! It's a great tool for editing audio and VERY user friendly!

I was having issues editing audiobooks prior and adding effects to music for book trailers. I'm able to not have to outsource my audio editing.

Audition review by Laura Lee T.
Laura Lee T.

"Audition Great for Radio"

What do you like best?

Audition made editing clips as easy as eating pie. Finding specific spots in soundwaves wasn't difficult at all. Absolutely love Audition.

What do you dislike?

Not the easiest to navigate, and there are far too many options for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to train yourself on the specifics of this software before diving in headfirst!

I used this software working at a radio station and it made cutting out spots in clips so much easier. I no longer had to worry about awkward pauses or fumbling of words.

Audition review by User

"Diving into Adobe Audition for an (almost) newbie"

What do you like best?

The possibilities to learn how to perfect my audio more and more are endless. The options and features are only limited by my ability to learn how to use every feature in Audition. I enjoy the many templates I have found that give me a great headstart in Audition and allow me to save some time starting projects.

What do you dislike?

As with quite a few Adobe desktop products, there is a LARGE learning curve for using Audition. It is not for the casual audio editor but it is worth learning - especially if you use it for podcast editing like me. Templates help a lot but you still need to take the time to learn the product. I dont really care for the fact that there is no "beginner's setup or layout" to help beginning users not to feel so overwhelmed when starting from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with templates to learn from and go from there. Create your own custom audio files and CD covers based off of the templates you can get from places like Envato and more.

Audition is a great addition to my Adobe CC arsenal and makes me feel like I have a well rounded suite of solutions to help with my podcast from visual to audio and video. It helps me solve the problem of having to hire a sound-A/V professional that will charge me by the hour to do the same work that I can do for myself with a little bit of self-training. I also like the fact that it provides me with the ability to control the quality and value of the audio I create - customizing it to the Nth degree if I wish or keeping it raw sounding and causal.

Audition review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Lacks true audio production tools but great for mixing, editing and Adobe workflow"

What do you like best?

it's seamless use with other adobe programs such as After effects and Premier Pro makes it extremely easy to work between these programs. I find It's ideal for laying down sound effects or a score to any video or animation work.

What do you dislike?

If your unfamiliar with either adobe products or sound production software, it can be a little confusing at first but the basics can be picked up fairly easily.

It's a great program but I've found it more suited to editing existing and mixing exsisting soundtracks as opposed to creating them from scratch, I personally opt to use logic pro x in these cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Audition is great but it's not for you then I would say Logic Pro X is also a good choice for sound production and manipulation

I got a lot of use out of this program at first but now days, it is a tool I use more for fine tuning, as the majority of my sound work is now done in Logic Pro X. Although it still can't be beaten for compatibility with other Adobe products I mentioned.